New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 88

1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 88

[Hiizumi's Crash Site]

((She might, Hiizumi would've been a bit of a troublemaker in Other-Gensokyo. Nothing big, just preying on humans more often than most. On the other hand...))

Hiizumi looks up at her rescuer, and asks, "Did we all die then? I can't think of another reason you'd help a liar like me."

2. - Top - End - #722
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Hiizumi's Crash Site]

((She might, Hiizumi would've been a bit of a troublemaker in Other-Gensokyo. Nothing big, just preying on humans more often than most. On the other hand...))

Hiizumi looks up at her rescuer, and asks, "Did we all die then? I can't think of another reason you'd help a liar like me."
    ((If that's her attitude, then she may have a difficult time getting along with most other characters
    "Not exactly," Midori tells her, recognizing the yokai's voice, "but even delinquents have a right to life, and until we can establish our safety as a community, we all need to set aside our differences and work together for everyone's sakes. So, here's the idea: you may stay here and work with us to build a new home, as long as you refrain from preying on innocent humans; if you continue to cooperate, you may even find a place among us. If you'd prefer to do as you please, then I'll have to ask that you do it elsewhere, but keep in mind that there are no longer any universal laws to guarantee your life.

"Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear,"
    she continues, lowering her voice to a whisper that only Hiizumi can hear. "Attempt to enact any voracious shenanigans among us here, especially against the League that has agreed to shelter us, and I'll nullify the probability of your stomach being able to digest anything but raw lard...and that's just for starters." The superior yokai's face suddenly brightens to a stark contrast as she offers a hand to the noppera-bo, her obviously-insincere smile sealing the promise of pain, suffering, and general discomfort. "'Kay?"

3. - Top - End - #723
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    "Yeah, a yokai by the name of Sanji told me about it," he answers, indicating the direction from whence he has come. "It's a campsite that-a-ways, probably less than an hour's walk since we're both uninjured. Let's get going; this forest is starting to give me the jibblies." Now the NPC beckons to Yuzuru as he leads the way out of the forest. Supposing that they don't meet anyone or anything else along the way, they'll continue on their way until they eventually reach the refugee camp...
    [Refugee Camp]

After some trekking, Yuzuru and a small group of other yokai approach the camp. They had picked up other survivors as they went, though the bearded man himself had done very little of the talking, eager instead to reach the safety of the GLoG campsite.

For the time being, Yuzuru is quite content to mingle with the crowds of others here, hopefully finding a quieter place to sit and rest. It was a long walk, he maintains.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

[Hiizimui's Crash]

((She's sorta meant to be like the TH bosses before Reimu knocked some sense into them))

Hiizumi sighs, and says, "Yes ma'am. I won't get into any trouble. Nice of you to tell me that there's no safety law here, by the way, before someone picked a fight. I'll need to dial back the level on my powers." At the rest Midori's threat, her face contorts into what would be a smirk on a human, and she says, "And I'm sure that if I was going to do something like that, you'd find out about it before I found a way to stop you...But seeing as right now we're both in dire straits, let's put any conflict we might have to the rear and deal with this new land."

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

Bailey walks up to the front desk (I'm assuming there is one). "Hello. I heard that this is the place to go about healing and I'm here to lend some help. This is the right place, right?"

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

There is no real main desk. Bailey will be greeted in front of the lodge by a short, brown skinned goblin woman with grey hair and mismatched eyes - one yellow, one green. See also the first avatar from the left in her player's signature. She's carrying what looks like a sleeping baby in her arms.

"Welcome to the Good League of Good. We always welcome people who are willing and able to help. I'm Reelshka Trollfinger, one of the people in charge here."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

"Nice to meet you, I'm Bailey."

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

"If you want to aid with healing, I can lead you to our infirmary. Hopefully one of our doctors is there to talk to you about details. I don't really deal with this sort of thing," Reelshka says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

Bailey responds "Alright, lead the way."
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2014-01-30 at 05:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Lodge ==> Infirmary]

Reelshka leads the newcomer to the medical facility, where hopefully someone is present to meet him.
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-01-30 at 06:12 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[Hiizimui's Crash]

((She's sorta meant to be like the TH bosses before Reimu knocked some sense into them))

Hiizumi sighs, and says, "Yes ma'am. I won't get into any trouble. Nice of you to tell me that there's no safety law here, by the way, before someone picked a fight. I'll need to dial back the level on my powers." At the rest Midori's threat, her face contorts into what would be a smirk on a human, and she says, "And I'm sure that if I was going to do something like that, you'd find out about it before I found a way to stop you...But seeing as right now we're both in dire straits, let's put any conflict we might have to the rear and deal with this new land."
    "I'm glad we understand each other," Midori comments sincerely, and she helps Hiizumi to her feet. "Now that we've got that unpleasant business out of the way, perhaps you could help some of the others distribute supplies. Where you start is up to you, but I know we could use some help getting some medical supplies handed out." At this point, Hiizumi is free to help wherever she chooses; it seems that she knows her limits enough to avoid inciting any conflict, so Midori thinks it hardly necessary to supervise her closely. That isn't to say, of course, that she isn't prepared for the worst...

Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    [Refugee Camp]

After some trekking, Yuzuru and a small group of other yokai approach the camp. They had picked up other survivors as they went, though the bearded man himself had done very little of the talking, eager instead to reach the safety of the GLoG campsite.

For the time being, Yuzuru is quite content to mingle with the crowds of others here, hopefully finding a quieter place to sit and rest. It was a long walk, he maintains.
    Human and yokai survivors alike are starting to wander into the camp more steadily now, either guided there by Sanji and company or winding up finding it by chance. Among them, Midori barely catches a glimpse of Yuzuru as he arrives and settles in. Knowing that the man values his privacy, she won't bother him too much, but if he notices her presence (a bit difficult not to, but maybe he doesn't care to look), she'll simply shoot him a knowing smile before going back to her work. He's welcome to offer or request aid at his leisure, of course; that's all up to him.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm glad we understand each other," Midori comments sincerely, and she helps Hiizumi to her feet. "Now that we've got that unpleasant business out of the way, perhaps you could help some of the others distribute supplies. Where you start is up to you, but I know we could use some help getting some medical supplies handed out." At this point, Hiizumi is free to help wherever she chooses; it seems that she knows her limits enough to avoid inciting any conflict, so Midori thinks it hardly necessary to supervise her closely. That isn't to say, of course, that she isn't prepared for the worst...
    Hiizumi nods, understanding now is most certainly not the time for confrontation. She grumbles a little bit about grunt work, but starts helping with the medical supplies.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Dwarf in the Playground

Human and yokai survivors alike are starting to wander into the camp more steadily now, either guided there by Sanji and company or winding up finding it by chance. Among them, Midori barely catches a glimpse of Yuzuru as he arrives and settles in. Knowing that the man values his privacy, she won't bother him too much, but if he notices her presence (a bit difficult not to, but maybe he doesn't care to look), she'll simply shoot him a knowing smile before going back to her work. He's welcome to offer or request aid at his leisure, of course; that's all up to him.
    As it happens, Yuzuru has perched himself atop a pile of crates - assumedly supplies that have been requisitioned for the camp. It is providing him with a convenient vantage point to see new arrivals, as well as an out of the way spot to have another smoke.

When Midori passes by, he sees her smile. 'Trust you to be the one to organise this,' he murmurs to her, gesturing to the rest of the camp with a slow nod of his head. As a well-read individual, he's well aware of Midori as a personality on Other-Gensokyo.
    Last edited by Baeleck; 2014-01-31 at 04:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    [Main Lodge]

Bailey responds "Alright, lead the way."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Lodge ==> Infirmary]

Reelshka leads the newcomer to the medical facility, where hopefully someone is present to meet him.
    Reelshka frowns when she finds the Infirmary empty.

"It appears nobody's here. Looks like you'll have to get started by yourself."

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Reelshka frowns when she finds the Infirmary empty.

"It appears nobody's here. Looks like you'll have to get started by yourself."
    "Huh, well that's a shame... Oh well." Bailey says. "I'm sure I can handle myself."

16. - Top - End - #736
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Suddendly a tall uman man steps up from behind a locker as he heared some voices. The man wears a white labcoat going down to his knees. He also seems to wear Jeany as well. His black hair is combed to his left side. One thing might jump into attention since he seems to miss the iris of his left eye.

"Hey Reelshka got any trouble?" Andy asks. "And whosis your company?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Infirmary]

Suddendly a tall uman man steps up from behind a locker as he heared some voices. The man wears a white labcoat going down to his knees. He also seems to wear Jeany as well. His black hair is combed to his left side. One thing might jump into attention since he seems to miss the iris of his left eye.

"Hey Reelshka got any trouble?" Andy asks. "And whosis your company?"
    "I'm Bailey."

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Oh, hello Andy. Bailey wants to help out with healing here," Reelshka explains.

19. - Top - End - #739

[Infirmary]

Andy nods at Reelshka and then turns.

"Hello, my name is Andreas Emerald." He says with a slight bow. "Nice to meet. you. may I ask what kind of experience you have?"

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Andy nods at Reelshka and then turns.

"Hello, my name is Andreas Emerald." He says with a slight bow. "Nice to meet. you. may I ask what kind of experience you have?"
    Bailey responds "Mostly volunteer work at various hospitals. That and a few years spent as a wandering healer."

21. - Top - End - #741
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[REFUGEE CAMP]
    Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    As it happens, Yuzuru has perched himself atop a pile of crates - assumedly supplies that have been requisitioned for the camp. It is providing him with a convenient vantage point to see new arrivals, as well as an out of the way spot to have another smoke.

When Midori passes by, he sees her smile. 'Trust you to be the one to organise this,' he murmurs to her, gesturing to the rest of the camp with a slow nod of his head. As a well-read individual, he's well aware of Midori as a personality on Other-Gensokyo.
    "Of course," she responds covertly. "It's nothing I'm not familiar with...and without the laws of our world to protect us, we'd drop like flies in this hostile new environment. Not even you and I would be exempt." She thinks for a minute and adds, "I wonder...if 'that person' would be safe here..." Of course, "that person" of which Midori speaks refers to the one human with the power and skill to challenge any yokai, herself included. Strangely enough, though, the name of "that person" eludes her at the moment...

((If it's all the same, I'd like to keep "that person" (the placeholder phrase used to describe the Reimu-type protagonist) unnamed and anonymous. This will make it easier for other PCs to take up the protagonist role in future incidents; in fact, the idea of being unable to remember "that person's" identity could be considered an incident in itself...))

Hiizumi nods, understanding now is most certainly not the time for confrontation. She grumbles a little bit about grunt work, but starts helping with the medical supplies.
    In the meantime, Sasha is helping with handing out ration packages, which happen to be stationed near the medical supplies. She notices Hiizumi's presence nearby and greets her, "Hello, Mitsuya-san. I'm glad you made it here safely." Despite their differing views on human-yokai relations, she still has respect for the noppera-bo.

((Sorry for my absence, but it's bound to happen on weekends; I always manage to get myself tied up in something or other.))

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Refugee Camp

As more yokai are brought in, someone distinctly not a yokai is brought with them. Riley, an ageless boy who looks to be somewhere between 12 and 17, his clothes rags, his unusually (for his age) muscles body marred by a multitude of small cuts, and his already messy and matted black hair further fouled by dried blood from the massive scab in his forehead. He's still unconscious from his previous effort in the landing area.

Infirmary

Ember, ex-goddess of fire and love, wakes from a three year dead time with a stretch and a yawn, and looks around, ready to help whoever needs it.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

Looking for Natalie

Brand, Tito, and Lily are looking for Natalie, with the assistance of Silence helping them follow her scent trail. Lily is chattering non-stop, confident that they will find Natalie soon. Tito is as quiet as the Wolfen and full of fear.

Brand is troubled, but trying to keep up a good appearance for the children.

(Godmod approved)
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #744
    Dwarf in the Playground

[REFUGEE CAMP]

"Of course," she responds covertly. "It's nothing I'm not familiar with...and without the laws of our world to protect us, we'd drop like flies in this hostile new environment. Not even you and I would be exempt." She thinks for a minute and adds, "I wonder...if 'that person' would be safe here..." Of course, "that person" of which Midori speaks refers to the one human with the power and skill to challenge any yokai, herself included. Strangely enough, though, the name of "that person" eludes her at the moment...

((If it's all the same, I'd like to keep "that person" (the placeholder phrase used to describe the Reimu-type protagonist) unnamed and anonymous. This will make it easier for other PCs to take up the protagonist role in future incidents; in fact, the idea of being unable to remember "that person's" identity could be considered an incident in itself...))
    ((Absolutely fine by me. Also, no worries about the absence; we all get caught up with things from time to time.))

The mention of "that person" causes Yuzuru to shift uneasily. Naturally, he knew about that particular human from his studies as well. The fact an inferior being could hold sway over such power unsettled him... but he also felt a strange admiration for "that person". Which, in turn, unsettled him even more.

Yuzuru takes a deep lungful of smoke and exhales slowly through his nose. 'What do we know about this place, at current?' he asks, brow furrowed. 'All I've really seen of it so far is the forest where I landed, and then a bit of arable land. Pretty nondescript on both counts.'

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

[Refugee Camp]

Hiizumi nods respectfully to Sasha, happy that someone showed her respect. When the boy is brought in, Hiizumi smiles to the extent that a being with no face can, and says to Sasha, "Mmm...I'm going to go on break for a moment. My lunch just got here, and I need to go ask Midori-san for permission."

26. - Top - End - #746
    Orc in the Playground

Looking for Natalie

They might find near the end of the trail a pair of shoes and socks set on a hollow log. Inside the log is her rucksack and all its contents.

At the actual end of the trial is a collection of slaughtered- and tortured, by the look of things- animals and some old vomit.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #747

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    Bailey responds "Mostly volunteer work at various hospitals. That and a few years spent as a wandering healer."
    Infirmary

Andy nods.

"If you say 'wandering healer' you mean with magic?" That was his main intension with his first question. If she really is a magical healer, Andy can't help her. He is no spellcaster at all.

Andy just throws a look at Ember, but since she is no patient, he got no reason to break the current conversation.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Looking for Natalie

Brand, Tito, and Lily are looking for Natalie, with the assistance of Silence helping them follow her scent trail. Lily is chattering non-stop, confident that they will find Natalie soon. Tito is as quiet as the Wolfen and full of fear.

Brand is troubled, but trying to keep up a good appearance for the children.

(Godmod approved)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Looking for Natalie

They might find near the end of the trail a pair of shoes and socks set on a hollow log. Inside the log is her rucksack and all its contents.

At the actual end of the trial is a collection of slaughtered- and tortured, by the look of things- animals and some old vomit.
    Looking for Natalie

Silence's ears fall when he sees the shoes and socks, but it's when he smells the animals and vomit that his hackles raise. As soon as he catches scent he holds up a paw to the younger halflings, shaking his head to tell them not to follow. Then he points to Brand and gestures him to do so before taking him to the scene of the animals.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

Looking for Natalie

"I can come too!"
    Lily complains, but Tito grabs her by a pigtail to stop her, and then puts her arms around her. If it came down to a fight between the siblings, it'd be fairly even. Tito is older and has outpaced her in growth over the past year, but Lily is far more active and regularly wrestles with the Wolfen. But she doesn't resist. Her wolf ears droop, and she turns the hold into a hug. Tito frees a hand to pull a whistle out from under his shirt and put it between his lips. Then he nods at his father.

Brand nods back at Tito, then follows Silence. Those items of Natalie's look like they've been here for a while. He would hardly dare leave his children, except that he knows the whistle would summon them back - would summon Pathfinder and Waterstrider too.

We should have given Natalie a whistle.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Andy nods.

"If you say 'wandering healer' you mean with magic?" That was his main intension with his first question. If she really is a magical healer, Andy can't help her. He is no spellcaster at all.

Andy just throws a look at Ember, but since she is no patient, he got no reason to break the current conversation.
    Bailey responds "Correct."

((Also, wrong pronoun; Bailey is a guy.))