New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1473

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 88

1. - Top - End - #1291
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 88

[After Nightfall]

"Shh!" she shushes. Using the wall, she pulls herself up so she's now towering over the catlike girl. She continues in a harsh (yet completely ironic) voice, still menacingly holding the rock. "You'll wake the children."

Actually, this seems like it would be a good time to bail. Just throw the rock and bail, Harley, before anyone comes over. Just hurry up and do it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Barbarian in the Playground

Surprise Visit

Spoiler: MagThoughts
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ++MAGTOK THOUGHTS EXCERPT++ ++COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN CLONE#1317 AND CLONE#2120++

CLONE#1317: Oh look, it's Sophie.

CLONE#2120: She's gained weight since last time.

CLONE#1317: No, the mist thing that happened just wore off, is all.

CLONE#2120: Also her breasts are smaller.

CLONE#1317: Well yes, that's the mist wearing off, so-HEY! Stop using my eyes to look at her breasts!

CLONE#2120: Her butt got bigger, though.

CLONE#1317: No it didn't. Look, see, it's-

CLONE#2120: Ha! Made you look!

CLONE#1317: Dammit, 2120!

Magtok glances back at his ex-slave horde for a moment, as if to make sure they're still behind him and he didn't imagine them all, before striding forward to address Sophie. Maybe if he does his best to sound calm and professional and adult, she won't notice how absolutely terrified he is with all of this responsibility for so many innocent lives that has been unexpectedly thrust upon him.

"Ms. Mouchabiere? Magtok, of HALO. I'm here on important slave rescue business, and-" Magtok pauses for a moment mid-sentence, as his conversation with 2120 happens in approximately the blink of an eye.

"And I believe I spoke with Reelshka about this operation previously, but I seem to have wound up with a great many more freed individuals than I originally anticipated."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-04-21 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Kitty breathes a small sigh, perhaps out of relief. "Okay, thank you." Kitty bows her head to Aurelia and then turns back to her companion. "I've got some stuff for Annie. It's not too serious, so she should be okay." Her tone is flat, lacking any but the subtlest signs of emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Newcomer Tour

"Big and ugly, with large ears and smelly fur. About the height of eight of me, or maybe nine. I'm not sure; it was a long time ago, and I've grown since then." About two metres tall, in other words.
    [Newcomer Tour]

"Those sound different than the bears I know. They're big, furry elil, but they don't stink or look ugly." Salix holds her hands up at high as she can to indicate their size. "They eat fish in the river a lot, so sometimes I see them there."

4. - Top - End - #1294

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [After Nightfall]

"Shh!" she shushes. Using the wall, she pulls herself up so she's now towering over the catlike girl. She continues in a harsh (yet completely ironic) voice, still menacingly holding the rock. "You'll wake the children."

Actually, this seems like it would be a good time to bail. Just throw the rock and bail, Harley, before anyone comes over. Just hurry up and do it.
    If you don't tell me what the hell you're doing, and why I should let you do it, I will scream loud enough to wake up the population of Inside from here.
    The catgirl threatens, narrowing her eyes
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #1295

[After Nightfall]

Harley closes her eyes and takes a calming breath. She didn‘t want to have to do this, but...
    Harley throws the stone at the.catty girl‘s chest as hard as she can. Now, in this condition, the worst it can do is break a rib or two and leave a nasty bruise.

Then she turns and runs, as fast as she can. Again, not all too quickly. But she flees from the xrime scene. Now, looking at the map on Post One, it appears that the only direction she can run in is toward the lake. So, Harley Zorzo is headed towards the lake.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

[Surprise Visit

Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, Sophie notices Magtok's pause, but has no way of knowing about his internal dialogue.

"There is quite a lot of them," she says, glancing behind him at the ex-slaves. "But we'll do what we can for them. We'll have to put up tents, since they won't all fit in our cabins. We should be able to house them at least for a while, though."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1297

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Infirmary]

Kitty breathes a small sigh, perhaps out of relief. "Okay, thank you." Kitty bows her head to Aurelia and then turns back to her companion. "I've got some stuff for Annie. It's not too serious, so she should be okay." Her tone is flat, lacking any but the subtlest signs of emotion.
    [Infirmary]

"That's great, is there anything I can do for her?" It was an empty offer really, Obriane knew there was nothing she could do for the baby, she just wanted to seem polite. She was relived that there was nothing serious with Annie however. Wonder where they would go next? Perhaps where Kitty lived? She couldn't imagine trying to sleep outdoors with a baby. They could freeze to death if you didn't keep them warm all the time, or at least in the climate Obriane were from.

8. - Top - End - #1298

Surprise Visit

"Yeah, see...that's the thing. This is half the slaves we recovered from one store in Skyside. The half I could find enough clothes for to come out here and not come off as incredibly skeevy" Magtok points out, gesturing awkwardly towards the crowd behind him. "I looked into the Bronze Keep, but the guy there is just a little unbalanced, and even this many seems like it'd be too much for him to handle."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Eyros leans out of the doorway, cradling Lysandra gently, clad in jeans and a t-shirt.
    ...Who?
    Therlynn smiles as she gently rocks Lysandra and says, "Caelynn...Didn't I tell you about her? Anyways, do you mind if she stays here with her daughter for a while?"

10. - Top - End - #1300

[After Nightfall]

Harley closes her eyes and takes a calming breath. She didn‘t want to have to do this, but...
    Harley throws the stone at the.catty girl‘s chest as hard as she can. Now, in this condition, the worst it can do is break a rib or two and leave a nasty bruise.

Then she turns and runs, as fast as she can. Again, not all too quickly. But she flees from the xrime scene. Now, looking at the map on Post One, it appears that the only direction she can run in is toward the lake. So, Harley Zorzo is headed towards the lake.
    The catgirl yells in pain as her rib is broken!
    ...yeah, unless they're heavy sleepers, the population of GLoG is probably awake now.

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Therlynn smiles as she gently rocks Lysandra and says, "Caelynn...Didn't I tell you about her? Anyways, do you mind if she stays here with her daughter for a while?"
    Eyros, who is now holding a melon that he was about to cut up, shakes his head.
    not at all
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

[Surprise Visit]

Sophie frowns.

"It may stretch us a bit, but we should manage. We're always prepared for refugees driven here by some crisis, and the Thanksmas auction did send a lot of money our way. I've never heard of that Bronze Keep, though. What is that place and who runs it?"

[After Nightfall]

The cry of pain certainly catches the attention of the campsite's spirit guardians. Harley might see two indistinct, ephemeral shapes converging in an attempt to cut her off from the lake. They look like large bulls.
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-04-22 at 12:45 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Troll in the Playground

Scream in the Night

Eight year old halfling Lily Applehill is wakened by the scream. She creeps over to her brother's bed. "Tito, wake up." A bit of shaking follows. "Come on!"

Tito and Lily quietly move to their parent's room, where they climb into bed with them, Lily covering her ears. Brand and Pansy hug their children, and hope that there isn't something terrible in the night.

((Sorry, Ark! The last thing any of the Applehills would do is run towards danger!))

Refugee Crisis

In this scene, the halfling family (less Lily, who is off playing in the woods and unaware of the situation) immediately swings into high gear. Pansy begins issuing clothing, Tito starts bringing up food out of the pantry to prepare a massive meal, and Brand looks for help setting up tents and cots. The clothing is used clothing of various sizes and styles, purchased from thrift stores in bulk for such an occasion. The fashion sense is dubious, but it's clean and not skeevy.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Eyros, who is now holding a melon that he was about to cut up, shakes his head.
    not at all
    Therlynn smiles and tries to kiss him as she says, "Thanks, honey." She then turns to Caelynn and shows her to a vacant room with a full sized bed and empty closet, and asks Caelynn, "This look okay to you? I mean, it's not much, but it's the best I can offer."

14. - Top - End - #1304

[After Nightfall]

Swear word. That was not what she wanted. Harley wanted that kitten girl to shut up, not scream louder. Even worse, now she doesn't even have a rock anymore.

As she goes towards the lake, she notices the spirits. Great; ghosts. Her face drains. Any other time, she would just cut through them. But that stupid Clegg just had to destroy her sword. As it stands...

The two spirits are blocking off her path to the lake. The cat girl is between her and the entrance of the campsite. That only leaves one direction open: towards the cabins. Hopefully, in there, she can find something useful, like a mirror (Why is a mirror useful? Everybody knows that spirits are weak against mirrors, I suppose.) or something else, and hopefully not someone too powerful.

Luckily, adrenaline happens. After all, few people don't get an adrenaline boost after seeing two spirits form. This gives her the energy to actually run rather than whatever it was she was doing before.

((Hey, Happyturtle: I just had an idea, thanks to your post. What if Harley broke into the Poplar Cabin with the Applehills to get away from the spirits? Would that be an interesting story? I promise nobody will get hurt (except maybe Harley).))
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Actually, yes. Could you hold her while I put this stuff on her face?" Kitty asks. She holds the baby a bit away from her body, offering her to Obriane.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground

After Nightfall

"I hear them, getting closer,"
    Lily whispers. "Shh!" from Tito.

((Sure! The door is locked (but pickable/break-into-able) but the bedroom windows are open for fresh air.))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1307

[Infirmary]

"Um... sure." It wasn't the fits time she had held a baby after all, she even knows how to hold Annie properly! So she takes the infant and holds her so that Kitty can put on the creme. "So in what house do you live in here?" She asks while looking around the camp.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Orc in the Playground

Newcomer's Tour

"Daddy says bugbears are too lazy to do much hunting or fishing. They prefer to take their food from people by force, using banditry and theft to get what they want and need." Which is a speciesist generalisation, but Crutithiah's family aren't very nice people and saw gnomes as superior to pretty much everything else.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Approaching GLoG]

"Are you a goblin?" Rindim asks. "You wear a cloak but your ears are fuzzy."
    "No," Keo says, shaking her head a little. "I'm a cat kind of people, not a goblin kind of people. My ears are fuzzy because I have fur."

20. - Top - End - #1310

Refugee Crisis

"The Bronze Keep is this big bronze castle thing, run by a guy about as friendly as the French guard in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Ex-slave, he says, and more than a little unpleasant, but I suppose you don't have to be nice to be or do good, do you?"

Magtok shifts about uncomfortably, glancing back at the Applehills as they swiftly go into action, before returning his focus to Sophie. Oh gods, this is so horribly awkward.

"So yeah, that's what I've been doing lately. Does GLoG need or want for anything? I figure, if I'm doing all of this, the least I could do is...I don't know, build something? Building stuff is a thing I can do."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

[Approaching GLoG]

The adult goblin that took notice of Keo earlier steps up.

"You must be one of the other children my cousin told me about. I'm Hirvik, Reelshka's cousin. She invited us all here to meet her son and have a look at where she lives."

[Refugee Crisis]

Sophie frowns some more. Magtok's reference flies over her head, but she has a vague feeling that the cyborg is making fun of French people and she should be offended.

"If he's an ex-slave himself, it's likely he's dealing with trauma. So you shouldn't hold it against him if he's unpleasant. And I don't think there's anything specific that we need around here."

22. - Top - End - #1312

[After Nightfall]
    => Poplar Cabin

Harley runs, breathing heavily. She doesn't look back to see if those spirits are following her or not. She runs past a cabin, then another, then...oh, look! One of them has its windows open. That's a relief.

She runs up to a window of the Poplar Cabin, and pulls herself through. Having gone through the window (which is no doubt above ground level), she falls to the floor with a 'thump' and begins picking herself up.

Whether it was the children's room or the parents' room, I'll let HappyTurtle decide. (Or...just flip a coin if it doesn't matter. That's easy enough, too.)
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-04-22 at 06:35 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #1313

Refugee Crisis

"I suppose," Magtok concedes, even though he's still totally going to hold being a huge jerkbutt against Riley.

"Still, I feel terrible doing all of this and not helping GLoG out in exchange somehow."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Approaching GLoG]

The adult goblin that took notice of Keo earlier steps up.

"You must be one of the other children my cousin told me about. I'm Hirvik, Reelshka's cousin. She invited us all here to meet her son and have a look at where she lives."
    "This is GLoG,r," Keo says while she stands up. "It's a funny name because the letter stand for something,r. I don't remember what,r."

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

[After Nightfall]

Therlynn runs to the site of the scream, wolf'd out and ready to fight any crazy murderers or something. However, she only gets there after Harley has run off, so she shifts back into human form...And then notice the remaining Catgirl. So, she sheepishly rubs her head and says, "So...Yeah. I'm a werewolf. Nice to meet you?"

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Troll in the Playground

After Nightfall in Poplar Cabin

[After Nightfall]
    => Poplar Cabin

Harley runs, breathing heavily. She doesn't look back to see if those spirits are following her or not. She runs past a cabin, then another, then...oh, look! One of them has its windows open. That's a relief.

She runs up to a window of the Poplar Cabin, and pulls herself through. Having gone through the window (which is no doubt above ground level), she falls to the floor with a 'thump' and begins picking herself up.

Whether it was the children's room or the parents' room, I'll let HappyTurtle decide. (Or...just flip a coin if it doesn't matter. That's easy enough, too.)
    It's the parent's room, where the kids went when the screams started. The room is dark. Harley lands on the floor, and the bed, containing all the halflings, is on the opposite wall.

Harley will hear a gasp, a shushing sound, "Lily, no!" The last in an adult male voice.

Then an 8 year old halfling girl (who has wolf ears and a tail, through a magical mishap, but is otherwise completely mundane) leaps at the intruder, doing her best attempt to make a growling sound that would terrify the stoutest heart.

It's not very terrifying. Or very much like a growl at all.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1317

[After Nightfall]

Therlynn runs to the site of the scream, wolf'd out and ready to fight any crazy murderers or something. However, she only gets there after Harley has run off, so she shifts back into human form...And then notice the remaining Catgirl. So, she sheepishly rubs her head and says, "So...Yeah. I'm a werewolf. Nice to meet you?"
    The Catgirl, clutching her ribs and crying in pain, is slumped against the wall.
    Oh dear god that hurts! I think my ribs are broken!
    Then she notices HArley running away
    That bitch threw a rock at me!

She yells, still obviously in pain, pointing with furious finger at the perpetrator
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

[After Nightfall]

Therlynn looks up at the fleeing Harley, and then unconsciously growls as she hops in a cabin. However, realizing that she has no idea who or what, if anyone is in there, much less whether or not they would appreciate a werewolf lunging in their window after some miscreant...Oh well. Let's just hope it was Tobias' cabin she busted in to.

So, after that line of thought, Therlynn turns back to the catgirl, and says, "You ribs? I'm not sure there's a whole lot I can do to help you, outside of turning you into a werewolf...Here, I can at least get you to the infirmary. Can you walk?"

29. - Top - End - #1319

[After Nightfall]

Therlynn looks up at the fleeing Harley, and then unconsciously growls as she hops in a cabin. However, realizing that she has no idea who or what, if anyone is in there, much less whether or not they would appreciate a werewolf lunging in their window after some miscreant...Oh well. Let's just hope it was Tobias' cabin she busted in to.

So, after that line of thought, Therlynn turns back to the catgirl, and says, "You ribs? I'm not sure there's a whole lot I can do to help you, outside of turning you into a werewolf...Here, I can at least get you to the infirmary. Can you walk?"
    The girl nods, weakly standing as she grips her side.
    That wouldn't work anyways. I'm a Werecat, you see.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

[After Nightfall]

Therlynn nods and says, "Ah...Then, shouldn't you be healing already? Or does your strain not have a regeneration factor?"