Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1473

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 88

1. - Top - End - #1321
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 88

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [After Nightfall]

Therlynn nods and says, "Ah...Then, shouldn't you be healing already? Or does your strain not have a regeneration factor?"
    The girl shakes her head.
    no. It was the result of my parent being a werewolf and my other parent being a catgirl, actually.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #1322

After Nightfall in Poplar Cabin

Harley is nearly up when the little girl pounces at her. Oof. Oh, wait. It's just a little girl. At least it's not one of those super-magical girl monster things that can transform. Well...

She tries to grab Lily and hold her still. Maybe even lift her up off the ground a little. Whatever the case, Harley tries to keep the girl from moving. "Lily, is it?"

Then, hearing the growl of an actual werewolf outside makes Harley feel a sense of urgency.

She stares at the rest of the family, over still on the bed. "Look," she says, trying to keep her voice calm and measured. Wow, that was a close one, out there. First, a cat, then spirits, then a werewolf. "Get me a large mirror right now, and nobody has to get hurt." Actually, Harley isn't completely sure she can stop all four of them at the same time, especially now that the adrenaline boost is running out. Besides, hurting children? As if she could do that. There's no way she would be able to justify to herself hurting someone who can't even fight back.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

The girl shakes her head.
    no. It was the result of my parent being a werewolf and my other parent being a catgirl, actually.
    Therlynn nods and, curious, takes a deep breath in through her nose before saying, "Ah...You actually smell kind of...familiar. What's your name?"

4. - Top - End - #1324

Therlynn nods and, curious, takes a deep breath in through her nose before saying, "Ah...You actually smell kind of...familiar. What's your name?"
    Integra Saxon.
    The girl replies, still pained as she walks with Therlynn
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Infirmary]

"Um... sure." It wasn't the fits time she had held a baby after all, she even knows how to hold Annie properly! So she takes the infant and holds her so that Kitty can put on the creme. "So in what house do you live in here?" She asks while looking around the camp.
    [Infirmary]

"Just in one of the cabins." Kitty gestures off in some direction. "I try not to stay there very often, but we still do more than I'd like." She starts to smear the gel over Annie's sun burned face. The baby doesn't seem to like it, however, and she's starting to get fussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Newcomer's Tour

"Daddy says bugbears are too lazy to do much hunting or fishing. They prefer to take their food from people by force, using banditry and theft to get what they want and need." Which is a speciesist generalisation, but Crutithiah's family aren't very nice people and saw gnomes as superior to pretty much everything else.
    [Newcomer's Tour]

"So bugbears are like people? Bears aren't like people. They're animals." Salix explains. She knows the distinction between those two by now!

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Orc in the Playground

Newcomer's Tour

"I... Suppose. They're too big to be real people, though." She was raised by a racist family and isn't very malicious about it, but has been taught rather racist views.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Integra Saxon.
    The girl replies, still pained as she walks with Therlynn
    Therlynn frowns as she helps Integra and says, "Saxon? That's my last name too...Odd..."

8. - Top - End - #1328

Therlynn frowns as she helps Integra and says, "Saxon? That's my last name too...Odd..."
    Hmm... are you related to a Lysandra Saxon?
    Integra asks curiously.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm... are you related to a Lysandra Saxon?
    Integra asks curiously.
    Therlynn blinks a few times, before grabbing Integra by the thoat and asking, a fierce tone in her voice, "Who wants to know?"

10. - Top - End - #1330

Therlynn blinks a few times, before grabbing Integra by the thoat and asking, a fierce tone in her voice, "Who wants to know?"
    Integra, terrified, is grabbed!
    Her daughter!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

Integra, terrified, is grabbed!
    Her daughter!
    Therlynn growls, but sniffs Integra a few times before letting her go and saying, "You smell like you're telling the truth...Sorry for not trusting you...I'm her mother...Which I guess makes you my granddaughter. Which is weird, though, Nexus considered, weirder things have happened."

12. - Top - End - #1332

Therlynn growls, but sniffs Integra a few times before letting her go and saying, "You smell like you're telling the truth...Sorry for not trusting you...I'm her mother...Which I guess makes you my granddaughter. Which is weird, though, Nexus considered, weirder things have happened."
    Integra lands on her butt on the ground, and scrambles up!
    ...What?
    My grandmother's, like, 60 or something like that.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

Integra lands on her butt on the ground, and scrambles up!
    ...What?
    My grandmother's, like, 60 or something like that.
    Therlynn nods, and says, "My daughter is about a month old right now...But you smell like family, and you smell like you're telling the truth, and my nose hasn't been wrong yet. So, I guess something weird's happened. Knowing the Nexus, that's probably the most likely scenario, anyways."

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

[Approaching GLoG]

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "This is GLoG,r," Keo says while she stands up. "It's a funny name because the letter stand for something,r. I don't remember what,r."
    "It's Good League of good," the goblin explains. "A bit of a strange name, but my cousin tells us it was already like that when she arrived. Do you want to meet the rest of the kids?"

[After Nigthfall]

The spirits chased Harley all the way over to the Poplar cabin, likely striking her with one of their horns at least once. They're currently passing through the wall, not willing to let the intruder leave but cautious now that the halflings are there as well.

[Refugee Crisis]

"We're a charity organization, Magtok. We're not going to demand favours for delivering people in need of help to our door," Sophie says.
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-04-23 at 06:47 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #1335

Therlynn nods, and says, "My daughter is about a month old right now...But you smell like family, and you smell like you're telling the truth, and my nose hasn't been wrong yet. So, I guess something weird's happened. Knowing the Nexus, that's probably the most likely scenario, anyways."
    Integra nods.
    Um, how long is it going to be till we get to the infirmary?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Integra nods.
    Um, how long is it going to be till we get to the infirmary?
    Therlynn smiles and says, "It should be just up ahead." And, due to the nature of the Nexus, it is! Yay! Heals can happen!

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Dwarf in the Playground

Approaching GLoG

"Yes,r! Very much,r!" Keo says, bouncing up and down a little.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post

Harley is nearly up when the little girl pounces at her. Oof. Oh, wait. It's just a little girl. At least it's not one of those super-magical girl monster things that can transform. Well...

She tries to grab Lily and hold her still. Maybe even lift her up off the ground a little. Whatever the case, Harley tries to keep the girl from moving. "Lily, is it?"

Then, hearing the growl of an actual werewolf outside makes Harley feel a sense of urgency.

She stares at the rest of the family, over still on the bed. "Look," she says, trying to keep her voice calm and measured. Wow, that was a close one, out there. First, a cat, then spirits, then a werewolf. "Get me a large mirror right now, and nobody has to get hurt." Actually, Harley isn't completely sure she can stop all four of them at the same time, especially now that the adrenaline boost is running out. Besides, hurting children? As if she could do that. There's no way she would be able to justify to herself hurting someone who can't even fight back.
    Holding Lily still.... going to need a roll for that, and better roll high*... she is very very difficult to hold still. She's thrashing and flinging her hands out like claws and trying to get her teeth into something. She's doing her best imitation of a Wolfen warrior, despite being the size of a human toddler.

A strangled sob comes from 9 year old Tito. Brand has a hand loosely on the boy's arm, ready to clamp down if he should try to go after his sister. Brand Applehill speaks in a forced calm. "She's just a little girl. None of us are armed. Let her go, and I'll take her place."

Pansy, more practical, slips off the bed and removes the mirror from its wall hook just over the dresser. It's an oval, about 2' by 1.5'. "Here. It's the largest we have."

*Actual dice rolling optional.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-04-24 at 05:57 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Refugee Crisis]

"We're a charity organization, Magtok. We're not going to demand favours for delivering people in need of help to our door," Sophie says.
    "They're only in need of help because I'm completely unqualified to care for them myself," Magtok argues, reluctant to just give up on this. He gives it another minute or two of thought, before a new idea hatches!

"How about weather? Maybe I can talk to the Applehills, find out which days you want rain and which days to hold it back?" Magtok's a weather god now?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #1340

Therlynn smiles and says, "It should be just up ahead." And, due to the nature of the Nexus, it is! Yay! Heals can happen!
    Actually, they were more or less four and a half steps away from the entrance of the Infirmary, since the cat girl was lying on the ground in Harley's way less than five steps away from her leaving the Infirmary.

[After Nightfall in Poplar Cabin]

And so, due to Lily's inability to be held still at a safe distance, Harley's arms are covered in scratches and bites. Ouch. Good thing she has other things on her mind - like those spirits. They already impaled her twice on the way to the cabin - once in the upper left part of her back, once in her right arm, just above the elbow. Actually, those things are frightening. Add the blood loss to already not having enough blood in the first place, and Harley knows she doesn't have much time. She knows that the instant she lets go of Lily, those spirits are going to try to gore her again. It's actually taking all of her willpower to appear frightening and not fall to her knees, breaking down crying in despair.

Luckily, Pansy's voice brings Harley back to reality. Oh, right. A mirror. It's so small. There's no way she could do anything significant to spirits that big with only that medium-sized mirror. Maybe...just maybe, Harley can go through the mirror instead, as loath as she is to do it. If there was another option, she'd take it. If she wasn't so sure these spirit-bulls would immediately kill her, she could just surrender. As it is, there's no other choice. Okay, Harley, she tells herself. You can do this. Stop panicking. Just get through one problem at a time. Don't even think about it. Just pretend this is another war, and you'll get through it fine.

Okay, first she needs to ready the incantation. Harley shapeshifts onto her left shoulder a couple of spikes in the shape of a backwards K. The rest, she tries to do nigh-simultaneously; she probably won't have much time. She shoves Lily back towards the bed (After all, Lily requires both of Harley's hands) and reaches out to grab the mirror, with...her left hand. "Thank you," she says, glancing around for the spirits. They hurt, and...she can't tell if they'll strike yet.

(If) After she gets the mirror, Harley takes a step backwards away from the hobbhalflings. Up 'til now, that took around...two or three seconds? She's got to hurry, I suppose.
    Harley impales her own right hand on the spikes she just created. Something necessary, I suppose. As she does this, she says a brief prayer - only seven words long - in some foreign language.

I imagine everyone only has one more good post's worth of posting before her plan is set into action and her escape is either successful or no.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-04-24 at 11:51 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Troll in the Playground

Poplar Cabin

Tito and Brand both grab Lily as she's shoved away, mindful that she is likely to just leap and attack the intruder again. Pansy hands over the mirror and backs away. Then she does something unexpected. She hasn't seen enough television to know that that these sort of confrontations are supposed to take place in the shadows. So she turns on the light.

Despite the rustic setting, the cabins have electricity. The light comes from an overhead fixture, and illuminates the fairly plain bedroom with a mixture of halfling size and human size furniture. It'd be all halfling size, but the human stuff is easier to find and cheaper. The bed is the equivalent of a king size bed for halflings, so it probably looks alarmingly (or maybe charmingly) small to Harley. The dresser is halfling size. A wardrobe on the other wall is human size, with a step stool pushed nearby against the wall. There's also a human size overstuffed chair not far from Harley. It has some laundry folded on it that never got put away.

"What do you want? Money? Healing? Food? We won't hurt you," Pansy says, trying to calm the crazy intruder lady.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

[Approaching GLoG]

Hirvik and his son lead Keo back to the gaggle of goblins, where Brinika seems to have become the centre of the kids' attention. She does spot Keo quickly, though.

"Oooh! Hi Keo! Everyone, this is Keo, she lives here and is my friend!"

The heads of all goblin children turn towards the catgirl. The goblins themselves are tiny to a varying degree. Some of them are even tinier than Brinika, while others are older, and thus taller. Depending on how small Keo is, the biggest kids might approach her in size.

[Refugee Crisis]

"Weather?" Sophie asks with some confusion. "You can control weather now? That's a new one."

[Poplar Cabin After Dark]

The spirit bulls enter the cabin, one of them trying to get between the Applehills and Harley while the other stands between her and the exit. They're more interested in protecting the halflings than attacking the AMENite.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #1343

Poplar Cabin

With the female halfling turning on the light (temporarily blinding her from the sudden light) and asking that question, it became rapidly clear to Harley what she was trying to do: distract her just long enough for someone outside the cabin to come in. Even worse, the Spirits are trapping her in - who knows what sort of nefarious plan will be sprung on Harley in a few mere moments.

Her eyes darting between everyone present, Harley places her pierced palm on the mirror, leaving a red imprint of that backwards K on the glass. The looking glass stops reflecting the room, becoming a temporary portal to...somewhere between Here, There, and Nowhere.

Harley drops the mirror frame around her, vanishing into his somewhere. The frame falls to the ground. (The mirror will remain a portal for ~5 minutes, give or take 36 seconds.) Here‘s to hoping nobody, intentionally or otherwise, followed her.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Troll in the Playground

Poplar Cabin After Dark

There is a lot of blinking, both at the lights, and at the sudden disappearance of the intruder. "Woah, that was neat!" Lily exclaims.

Brand addresses the spirits: "Can you take that... out?" he says, gesturing at the mirror frame. They'll have to get a new mirror.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Titan in the Playground

[Poplar Cabin, After Nightfall]

One of the bulls scoops up the remains of the mirror with its horns. Somehow. Spirit shenanigans, presumably. It then carries the shards away.

26. - Top - End - #1346

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Infirmary]

"Just in one of the cabins." Kitty gestures off in some direction. "I try not to stay there very often, but we still do more than I'd like." She starts to smear the gel over Annie's sun burned face. The baby doesn't seem to like it, however, and she's starting to get fussy.
    [Infirmary]

Obriane tries to hold the baby steady while looking around the camp, there definitely were more than a few spirits around here. How could all these people sleep with such bothersome beings wandering around? "There are a lot of spirits in this place. I think it's haunted." Obriane shivers slightly. remembering her previous encounters with ghosts. One of them had tried to eat her!

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Refugee Crisis]

"Weather?" Sophie asks with some confusion. "You can control weather now? That's a new one."
    "An old one, actually. I just don't usually talk about it or use it a whole lot. When you can summon lightning, but not choose a specific person or whatever to hit with it, it mostly just amounts to dramatic effect, aqueduct nonsense, and agriculture stuff." The cyborg smiles proudly, despite his casual dismissal of the weather machine. It figures, though, that Magtok would put dramatic effect first, when he has complete and total control of the weather. Stupid tin man.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Dwarf in the Playground

Approaching GLoG

Keo is three feet tall, so it seems possible. She'll be happy to meet all the goblin children, and if they invite her to play oh she'll be happy to!

29. - Top - End - #1349

[Approaching GLOG]

A figure walks towards the a in building, a suitcase in her hand. She looks the the lodge with pure white eyes and a smile on her pale face. She stops a moment to spin around and take everything in. Her white hair reflects the light as she moves, way more than normal hair should.

Krystal was glad to be back.

A smile still on her face, she makes her way towards the infirmary.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

[Refugee Crisis]

"Well..." Sophie begins. "I don't know much about what the Applehills grow here and now. I have a small garden myself, but it's just a pastime. Still, I suppose we could use some more clement weather while we're housing all those liberated slaves."

[Approaching GLoG]

And so, the group of tiny goblins and one catgirl will run off so that Brinika and Keo can give the rest of the kids a tour of the place and play. Which, given that Keo was the only one to notice the goblins, marks the end of the scene.
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-04-25 at 05:40 PM.