New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MagCave VII: Rest for the Wicked

[Renee's Room]

"Sorry, no look at the moment. Kinda hit my weirdness cap with the word 'chainswordier'." Marley says, looking at the TV screen like it's some kind of being from beyond space and time. Please, she's not about to be a jerk to the dad she just found. Teasing can wait until she's acquainted with everybody else. Then teasing is going to start mercilessly.

She even eats a bit of the popcorn, "Never understood why people watch horror movies. I get enough action in my AC."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Renee's Room

"Hey, Horror is a perfectly acceptable genre. It makes me immune to the horrors of the every day things that happen here. Well, trying to. Rumors of that creepy rotting clown golem scare me."
    She admits as she reaches over to grab her purple beetle and hug it.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

Renee's Room

"You must have one hell of an air conditioner, then." Magtok jokes, not quite sure what an AC is, but absolutely certain Marley didn't mean that. Ugh, isn't it a bit early to be starting with awful father humor, Mags?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

[Renee's Room]

"Armored Core, not air conditioning." Marley says, a flat but amused look on her face, "like I haven't heard that joke before. It's the mech I pilot."

Marley will move to get a better look at the beetle, "What is that? Never seen anything quite like it before."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Bugbear in the Playground

Entrance

a teenage girl, about 15, dressed in a slightly unusual outfit, is collapsed on the doorstep. Her 3D Maneuver Gear, the casing on the left badly crushed, is out of gas, and her blades rest by her side.
    Her right leg is bent at an odd angle, her lright side is caked with blood, and judging from the sate of her clothing, she appears to have been sent flying, then skipping across the ground and landing here.

A distance away...
    Is that a giant naked obese man with no private parts running at the magcave?
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-04-10 at 05:42 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #486

Entrance

"Hello? Are you alright, kid? Where did you come from? Hello? How did-"

Magtok stops trying to poke the mangled lump of flesh mystery girl for a response. Not because he's given up on getting her attention, but because he just looked up, and noticed what's on the horizon. If Pat hadn't cleared all those trees, the figure probably would've gone unnoticed another three seconds.

"-oh ****."

Magtok tries to lift the girl off the ground and drag her into the doorway, as roughly a dozen or so giant lasers, rockets, and missiles shoot out at the giant's torso and head. Nothing that big and that naked could possibly be friendly.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

7. - Top - End - #487

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Entrance

"Hello? Are you alright, kid? Where did you come from? Hello? How did-"

Magtok stops trying to poke the mangled lump of flesh mystery girl for a response. Not because he's given up on getting her attention, but because he just looked up, and noticed what's on the horizon. If Pat hadn't cleared all those trees, the figure probably would've gone unnoticed another three seconds.

"-oh ****."

Magtok tries to lift the girl off the ground and drag her into the doorway, as roughly a dozen or so giant lasers, rockets, and missiles shoot out at the giant's torso and head. Nothing that big and that naked could possibly be friendly.
    Mystery Girl is unconscious, having suffered a nasty blow to the head on her way here. He succeeds: she's quite heavy due to the gear, but not too heavy.
    The titan goes flying back, only to stand up and resume the charge, regenerating quickly the blown apart body parts.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #488

Entrance

"I have no idea what's going on, but if this is somehow your fault, I'm sending you straight to Watchtower and forcing them to deal with you," Magtok chides the unconscious girl, as he hurries along to get some Magbots to do some first aid and check up on her fractures and bruises.

Elsewhere, a mecha strides forward to meet the giant. Magtok's very own MECHALOMANIA V3, to be precise. It's about a head or two shorter than the Titan, has absurdly broad shoulders, and a miniscule head serving as the command bridge. Its guns are still cooling after that initial barrage, but that's of no concern, because right now its focus is on meeting the Titan head-on, mirroring its charge up until the last second, at which point it'll try to abruptly drop to the ground and trip the ugly goliath.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #489

Entrance

"I have no idea what's going on, but if this is somehow your fault, I'm sending you straight to Watchtower and forcing them to deal with you," Magtok chides the unconscious girl, as he hurries along to get some Magbots to do some first aid and check up on her fractures and bruises.

Elsewhere, a mecha strides forward to meet the giant. Magtok's very own MECHALOMANIA V3, to be precise. It's about a head or two shorter than the Titan, has absurdly broad shoulders, and a miniscule head serving as the command bridge. Its guns are still cooling after that initial barrage, but that's of no concern, because right now its focus is on meeting the Titan head-on, mirroring its charge up until the last second, at which point it'll try to abruptly drop to the ground and trip the ugly goliath.
    Mystery Girl wakes up with a start!
    She looks up at him, unfazed by her surroundings.
    Tell me, is this thing that may or may not be my fault a giant obese fat man charging this location?
    She attempts to get up, clutching her side.
    Because if so, it's my job to deal with it.
    ------------------
    The apparently derpy-running mecha succeeds at tripping the abomination!
    The titan attempts to get up, and... ignores the mecha, continuing it's derpy charge at the MagCave? Odd.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #490

Entrance

"Aren't you a little short for a-"
    "Well you should probably take a sick day, if that's-"

Magtok stops, turning to glare at the Magbot that tried to make a dry quip at the same time he did. The robot backs away in confusion, before running down a hallway in terror.

"Lie down and try not to stab yourself in the lung with a broken rib; I've got this."

Mechalomania isn't giving up that easily! It rushes after the titan, sprinting in a much more dignified fashion this time, hoping its superior form will make up for shorter legs and allow it to tackle the fat bastard to the ground before he can reach the MagCave!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #491

Entrance

"Aren't you a little short for a-"
    "Well you should probably take a sick day, if that's-"

Magtok stops, turning to glare at the Magbot that tried to make a dry quip at the same time he did. The robot backs away in confusion, before running down a hallway in terror.

"Lie down and try not to stab yourself in the lung with a broken rib; I've got this."

Mechalomania isn't giving up that easily! It rushes after the titan, sprinting in a much more dignified fashion this time, hoping its superior form will make up for shorter legs and allow it to tackle the fat bastard to the ground before he can reach the MagCave!
    The girl lies down reluctantly.
    How are you dealing with it?
    She inquires with great urgency implied.
    ---------------------------------------------
    It succeeds!
    The titan's disturbing grin is probably clearly visible to the pilot as it tries to bite through the mecha's head!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #492

MagCave Entrance

"An almost equally large robot's been tasked with beating the **** out of it." Magtok answers, proudly. He'd probably be a bit less proud if he was actually paying attention to what was going on outside, though. Speaking of which...

"AAAAAAAUGH NO NO NO NO NO NO!" The Mechalomania's pilot screams, throwing all his weight against a particular lever as the Titan's teeth cause the small cockpit to bend, twist, and groan, as sheets of metal are sheared off or crushed against the weight of that beast's ravenous jaws. Magtok doesn't know if the thing can feel pain, but hopefully the scalding red laser beams fired at the Titan's eyes will be enough convince it to shut its stupid face just long enough for the clone to recover.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #493

MagCave Entrance

"An almost equally large robot's been tasked with beating the **** out of it." Magtok answers, proudly. He'd probably be a bit less proud if he was actually paying attention to what was going on outside, though. Speaking of which...

"AAAAAAAUGH NO NO NO NO NO NO!" The Mechalomania's pilot screams, throwing all his weight against a particular lever as the Titan's teeth cause the small cockpit to bend, twist, and groan, as sheets of metal are sheared off or crushed against the weight of that beast's ravenous jaws. Magtok doesn't know if the thing can feel pain, but hopefully the scalding red laser beams fired at the Titan's eyes will be enough convince it to shut its stupid face just long enough for the clone to recover.
    Mystery Girl, on the other hand, can see what's going on.
    You're doing it wrong. The only way to kill a Titan is to hit a location on the back of it's neck.
    --------
    The Titan roars in pain, stunned for a minute before it's eyes regenerate!
    It then continues with the nomming.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #494

MagCave Entrance

"Well sure, if you're just a dinky little human fighting it with a tiny little sword. We're talking about a giant mech, so..."

Mechalomania attempts to seize the beast's head in both of its arms, and snap that ugly monster's neck. That should keep it from eating anyone!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Driving Up to the Magcave Entrance:

A bright orange sports car with the sheen of colored candy slides it's way up to the Magcave, it's tinted windows slid down allowing extremely loud music to permeate the air. The white flames painted on the side of the car complete the general air of obnoxious arrogance. The large pair of golden dice hanging inside the car further compliment the pompous appearance of the vehicle. Why, who could possibly be driving this vehicle that just screams of over-confidence? It's Marciano Louv're, of course. He'll pull up to the road just in front, before the passenger side door slides up into the air. Out walks the black haired bodyguard Magtok had seen at The Ritz New Years Party months before. She's clad in black, of course, and remains as nondescript as she ever was. The figure coming out of the driver's side is just the opposite. Instantly recognizable by his white designer suit, orange hair, and seedy looking shades, Marciano Louv're appears. He's smiling slightly, his hands at his side as he just looks about, appreciating the area around him. He licks his lips and slides a hand through his slicked back hair before walking towards the front door, his bodyguard beside him. Should they approach without conflict, the female will move to knock on the door loudly.

16. - Top - End - #496

Spoiler: From GoogleDocs!
    Show
    Cafeteria

"Well if you feel that strongly about it, then-"

Magtok stops, noticing HazMag's withering stare. Jeez, what's his problem?! Magtok gave Riss a chance; if she wants to throw her money away, fine!

"Alright, I'm going to try this one more time, if only to try to get Haz to stop giving me that look. Riss, contract protocol is not universal. Everything you've just explained may've been the way they did things back at home, but in no way reflects the majority of business dealings within the Nexus. This class status business is alien to me, and to be more than a little blunt, contract law means frighteningly little without any courts or governments to enforce it. We're all in a legal gray area here, Riss. A risky place to be if the governments of Inside or Riverside ever noticed you, which is why I felt your past wages were appropriate. I'm willing to agree to the decrease in wages, provided we set something up that will bring you up to a less modest income in due time. Additional vectors or whatever you said."

---

Magtok would find himself being looked at as if he had suddenly sprouted a hundred tentacles from his mouth and they all began singing different showtunes. This would persist for a little while as the cyborg continued to speak and for nearly half a minute after, upon which the muse would finally be able to formulate a reply... Although how helpful it would be was rather debatable. "...Sir? ...I don't.. I'm not certain I understand." the muse replied. “I can understand having.. Extralegal operations but…” If Magtok had ever wanted to see a blind person try to describe a laser light show, he would be getting a fairly similar result from watching Riss’ simply confounded expression as she tried to comprehend this ‘alien’ concept of her likely being the only one following contract law.

“...So… What.. Would exist in it’s place?” she tentatively inquired. The cyborg was likely quite familiar with how new arrivals still clung to how the world used to work for a while but he might get the feeling that this wasn’t necessarily related. Her apparent insistence to still refer to it in present tense might be a tad troubling as well.
    ----
    ((Oh gods I am a terrible person I’ve missed this for so long. ._.))
    “I think, to put it bluntly, that explaining the way contracts and legalities and the culture based around them…I think it’d be much easier to just look for a manual somewhere on my way of doing things, and maybe trade you mine for yours, and the resume negotiations in a day or so, with some sort of middle ground or something.” Magtok shifts awkwardly, still under HazMag’s glare. Jeez, it’s like that soldier guy was cloned with a stick up his rear or something.

There was a few seconds pause before Riss replied. "...That seems like a prudent course of action, yes." she said a bit weakly. "I can upload the full documents here in a few moments but I'll single out the pertinent information as the total body of information is somewhat extensive." she said. Really, most of it had to do with defining all the terms in use so that any odds or ends that might otherwise crop up with twisting language wouldn't be an issue although the result was something where the words in the definitions had definitions at times.

Still, besides all of that, there was a sizable quantity of information left that would need to be sorted through but Magtok could probably delegate the work to some other clone and get the abridged version while he was off conducting an all-ice cream truck destruction derby or somesuch. Of course, he would probably have to find some kind of handbook that would explain his own methods somewhere... Although hopefully not something so old that it still was on microfilm.

[The Lime Room]

It had taken more time than she had expected to set up an adapter of sorts for this 'heart core' that a certain techno-paladin had lent her although that could be due to a multitude of other projects simply taking priority over this. In any case, it was finally time to go beyond checking to see that everything was properly wired up or otherwise configured and actually give the thing a proper scan. While apparently the monsters that this core had come from had a corruptive influence on machines, she hadn't immediately noted anything out of sorts in her own functions although she was taking extra care to keep the thing isolated during this process, just in case. While she likely didn't have anything to worry about given how a whole string of them had been stored in a sort of mechanical leg, she would rather not give her employer a reason to be angry if something were to happen.

So, while a material scan would come first for this core, it was only the first of many tests she planned to run. Curiosity could be a dangerously potent driving force at times..

17. - Top - End - #497

MagCave Entrance

"Well sure, if you're just a dinky little human fighting it with a tiny little sword. We're talking about a giant mech, so..."

Mechalomania attempts to seize the beast's head in both of its arms, and snap that ugly monster's neck. That should keep it from eating anyone!
    The girl turns to face Magtok, determination in her eyes.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Sir, we've attempted to slay them with rifles, even firing HE rounds at their faces and decapitating them that way, not even those slay them!
    Then, as she finally takes time to observe Magtok's features, her eyes widen.
    Holy ****...
    She faints!
    ---------------
    The mech succeeds, only for the titan to reach up and try to create an entrance to the mech bridge via crushing with it's huge, meaty hands!
    ( the vulnerable area is on the back of the neck.)
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-04-16 at 10:45 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #498

Attack on MagCave!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    The girl turns to face Magtok, determination in her eyes.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Sir, we've attempted to slay them with rifles, even firing HE rounds at their faces and decapitating them that way, not even those slay them!
    Then, as she finally takes time to observe Magtok's features, her eyes widen.
    Holy ****...
    She faints!
    ---------------
    The mech succeeds, only for the titan to reach up and try to create an entrance to the mech bridge via crushing with it's huge, meaty hands!
    ( the vulnerable area is on the back of the neck.)

"It's cute how you think your technology is even remotely comparable to what the MagCave is capab-" Magtok's patronizing remark is cut short when she faints. Blugh, she's probably going to keep doing that until her condition improves. That, or she's new to the Nexus, and he's her first cyborg or something. Whatever, we'll care about that later. For now-
    ---------------
    "Crap crap crap crap!" Time to end this. Mag thought he could show off by slaying the beast in a less than standard way. Maybe choke the life out of it, explode its brain with a missile through the eye socket, or even bludgeoning/slicing the head off, but there's no time for any of that. It hurriedly tries to stab into the back of the neck, look for some crucial nerve or spinal cord or what-have-you, and rip it right out of the abomination's body.

MagCafeteria

Spoiler: Teru's Post
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post

There was a few seconds pause before Riss replied. "...That seems like a prudent course of action, yes." she said a bit weakly. "I can upload the full documents here in a few moments but I'll single out the pertinent information as the total body of information is somewhat extensive." she said. Really, most of it had to do with defining all the terms in use so that any odds or ends that might otherwise crop up with twisting language wouldn't be an issue although the result was something where the words in the definitions had definitions at times.

Still, besides all of that, there was a sizable quantity of information left that would need to be sorted through but Magtok could probably delegate the work to some other clone and get the abridged version while he was off conducting an all-ice cream truck destruction derby or somesuch. Of course, he would probably have to find some kind of handbook that would explain his own methods somewhere... Although hopefully not something so old that it still was on microfilm.

((I'll tend to this later. Poke me on IRC when you see this, Teru. There's a few things I wanted to ask.))

Marciano Misery

Spoiler: NoodlePost
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Driving Up to the Magcave Entrance:

A bright orange sports car with the sheen of colored candy slides it's way up to the Magcave, it's tinted windows slid down allowing extremely loud music to permeate the air. The white flames painted on the side of the car complete the general air of obnoxious arrogance. The large pair of golden dice hanging inside the car further compliment the pompous appearance of the vehicle. Why, who could possibly be driving this vehicle that just screams of over-confidence? It's Marciano Louv're, of course. He'll pull up to the road just in front, before the passenger side door slides up into the air. Out walks the black haired bodyguard Magtok had seen at The Ritz New Years Party months before. She's clad in black, of course, and remains as nondescript as she ever was. The figure coming out of the driver's side is just the opposite. Instantly recognizable by his white designer suit, orange hair, and seedy looking shades, Marciano Louv're appears. He's smiling slightly, his hands at his side as he just looks about, appreciating the area around him. He licks his lips and slides a hand through his slicked back hair before walking towards the front door, his bodyguard beside him. Should they approach without conflict, the female will move to knock on the door loudly.

"I don't understand why you would think yourself welcome here," Magtok comments simply, all emotion drained away from his face and tone. Better that way, to not let him see how much he bothers you.

"I don't like to repeat myself, so I'll only say this once. Go home, Marcy. Step back inside your sports car with your little miss ninja secretary, and zip back to the warmth, safety, and familiarity of your drugs, slaves, and hookers." His own robes are white this time around. Almost as white as Marcy's suit, in fact, save for that enormous stain quickly soaking into the fabric and staining it a bright red. The blood seems to imply he was in the middle of something when the arrogant bastard arrived, but there's no sign the fluids are at all Magtok's own. No limp, no gritted teeth or heavy breathing or any of that stuff.

Maggy Land

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Maggy Land]

Well I would grumble about magical darkness and darkvision and how nonsensical it is to have a dark that's darker than dark...

But it's also physically impossible to see in absolute total darkness...

But physics has no place in the Nexus anyway so-

All the nonsense probably counters itself out and Ithuriel can't see, but she doesn't scare easy anyway.

Indeed, from Ithuriel's perspective the whole thing is starting to seem like a rather silly prank to scare her.

Assuming this ride's restraints are rather like your standard log flume, she'll slide forward so she's right up against Magtok (Of course she was sitting at the back!) and put her arms tightly round him. "Is this what you wanted?" She asks, smirking, "You don't need to scare me to get me to huddle up against you, you know. You could just ask. Now do me a favour and drop the act. I don't scare that easily, you silly cyborg."

"I'm not going to lie and say I don't want this, but I'm not acting. This is genuinely weird. Not scary-weird, just weird. If they took out the song because someone wanted to rewrite it or whatever, they should've said something to me. Hardly proper for the first guest on the ride to-"

Magtok gets cut off mid-sentence, head swinging forward for a moment as the ride comes to a jarring, abrupt halt. Gah! That could've hurt or something!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #499

TITAAAAAAANS!
    As soon as her punches through the neck, the Titan is slain!
    All he'll manage to pull out is flesh and a bone formerly it's neck.
    No need for clean up: the titan's flesh slowly begins dissolving!

-----
    The girl awakes, getting up.
    She looks positively shocked.
    You... You look just like... Just like Dad...
    DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano Misery

"I don't understand why you would think yourself welcome here," Magtok comments simply, all emotion drained away from his face and tone. Better that way, to not let him see how much he bothers you.

"I don't like to repeat myself, so I'll only say this once. Go home, Marcy. Step back inside your sports car with your little miss ninja secretary, and zip back to the warmth, safety, and familiarity of your drugs, slaves, and hookers." His own robes are white this time around. Almost as white as Marcy's suit, in fact, save for that enormous stain quickly soaking into the fabric and staining it a bright red. The blood seems to imply he was in the middle of something when the arrogant bastard arrived, but there's no sign the fluids are at all Magtok's own. No limp, no gritted teeth or heavy breathing or any of that stuff.
    Marciano sighs and continues to move forward, smiling lightly, opening his arms like someone expecting a hug. When Magtok doesn't move forward to greet him, Marcy frowns and crosses his arms. Harumph! So very rude. He looks over Magtok's robes with distaste, clearly unimpressed by Magtok's new dress style. Mmm.... You don't look good in white. Makes your hips look ginormous. You need to have a nice figure to look good in white, after all. Just cut down on the... whatever you eat. Do robot thingies eat food? Or, like, bolts and stuff? Also, what the hell were you doing? Chopping up your latest catgirl? M'less fond of the animathropohmorphic ones. Ania... Anithamor... Eh, nevermind. Silly word. He smiles one more time before taking off his orange glasses and placing them in his coat.

I'm here to talk, actually. Not to like, stab you or any of that. I've moved beyond that sort of thing. It's really a shame to see you haven't... Rumor has it you're the newest cheesehead running HALO. What's up with that? I woulda never seen you as the goody type. But, hey, thing's changed. If I can turn a new leaf, maybe ol' Maggy can too. Get it, cause you're a robot? And robots like oil, and oil comes in cans? That's ****ing hilarious! He then proceeds to laugh at his own joke for a few seconds, before dropping it and replying quickly.

But really, you? And HALO? Really?

21. - Top - End - #501

Marciano Misery

"Shut up and get to the point, Mars." Magtok doesn't bother addressing anything Marciano said. All just attempts to annoy him. The cyborg's more than aware of how wrong Marciano is, anyways. His weight has been obsessively maintained at an exact number of pounds for each and every clone; he's not gaining weight. He knows he's not chopping up catgirls or a robot or as bad at humor as Marcy, too. Everything is just weak attempts to pester him.

The Magpire Strikes Back!

"There are a lot of bald men in the world, dear." Magtok pats her on the head, dismissing her silly nonsense. He'd know if he had a daughter who hung around with giant naked monster men; his parental disapproval senses would've been screeching for years without end.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #502

Marciano Misery

"Shut up and get to the point, Mars." Magtok doesn't bother addressing anything Marciano said. All just attempts to annoy him. The cyborg's more than aware of how wrong Marciano is, anyways. His weight has been obsessively maintained at an exact number of pounds for each and every clone; he's not gaining weight. He knows he's not chopping up catgirls or a robot or as bad at humor as Marcy, too. Everything is just weak attempts to pester him.

The Magpire Strikes Back!

"There are a lot of bald men in the world, dear." Magtok pats her on the head, dismissing her silly nonsense. He'd know if he had a daughter who hung around with giant naked monster men; his parental disapproval senses would've been screeching for years without end.
    Parental Ratings Should always Be Used

No, like literally a splitting image of him, except instead of tattoos on the left it's metal.

She replies, getting up.
    Does the last name Godlark ring a bell?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano Misery

Marciano pouts for a few seconds before his ever-bright smile resumes it's position, stretching his obviously plastic surgery augmented face wide again. Funny how his skin seemed to reflect sunlight in the right light. ...Creepy. He places his hands in his pocket now, and leans against his vehicle slowly, obviously completely comfortable. Well, Mags, ya see, what with the HALO WATCH thingy going on, and AMEN heading down the proverbial drain.... I figured I'd come by to say hi to you, an' stuff. Make it known that I mean no harm and all that jazz. I'm a new man, now, after all. He smiles and chuckles a bit again. Normally, here's where I'd offer charity, but I figger you wouldn't accept my cash. I don't even know where my money's been half the time.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Halfling in the Playground

[Maggy Land]

Thud.

"...ow."

Ithuriel rubs the back of her neck awkwardly with one hand, wincing just a tad. "Yeah, okay, I believe you. I don't think you're quite so foolish as to take a prank this far."

Well, now they're stuck. Whatever are they going to do? It's not like Maggy could probably just whizz them out with fancy technology or Ithuriel could fly or just hop back to her own little bubble-world.

"Well, this little trip of yours doesn't seem to have quite gone according to plan. Where to now? I don't particularly want to sit on a log flume for ages doing nothing."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

25. - Top - End - #505

Meet the Parents

The cyborg rolls his eyes, standing up to turn and walk away. The Magbots can take it from here, after all. Monster's dead, so no more extraordinary acts of awesomeness are needed on Mag's part. "The saying is spitting image, kid. I don't know why, but that's what it is. Also, there's more than enough weird bald biker guys with facial tattoos in the world; I still can't see why you would think-"

Magtok freezes mid-stride. Oh ****, she said it, didn't she? She said Godlark. The absurd mishap with the experimental multidimensional warp engine, the one that caused CatTok, MagGerbil, and a host of other forgettable names and faces plagiarizing his own to appear in the nexus, it must've done more damage to the fabric of time and space than he thought. Now it's not just alternate Magtoks getting sucked into the Nexus, but alternate Magtok daughters, too? Marley was strange enough, but two Godlarks from outside the Nexus...something is very wrong here.

"Tell me more about your father, Ms. Godlark," he demands, back turned and hands clasped together as he tries to wrap his mind around this. The MagCave family is getting bigger and bigger and there's only so much he can do. HazMag's departure has already been put in motion, but he'll have to actually investigate this rift now, instead of just pretending it doesn't exist and/or wasn't his fault, or else an entire swarm of pretty teenagers might descend upon him, eager to fight each other to the death to prove themselves legitimate MagFamily members. MagChild against MagChild, all of them warring for a place at his side in the Nexus's most powerful corporate dynasty.

...Okay, yeah, as cool as that sounds, he's still supposed to be one of the good guys now, so we can't let that happen. Someone from GLoG or HALO or whatever would find out, and obviously their first instinct would be to tell everyone, then he'd be in huge trouble for trying to recreate the Hunger Games with his own alternate dimension progeny.

Meddlesome Marciano

"So you're here to feign innocence and pester me," Magtok translates with a sigh, very clearly exasperated with Marciano already, despite his best efforts to reign in any displays of emotion. Trying to hide how much Marcy annoys him was probably just making it all the more obvious Marcy was annoying him, anyways.

"You're right about the money, though. I don't take charity, especially not from anyone who does business with slavers." Magtok abruptly shifts in tone and mood, allowing himself a cruel smile, as he reaches out with one bloody hand to pat Marcy on the shoulder, and then once on the cheek, to both ruin that gaudy suit and see how well that fake flesh holds up.

Maggy Land

((At a loss for where to go with this. I'll drop you a message on Steam when I can.))
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-04-20 at 11:40 AM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

Magtok Will be Unamused, Surely

A young woman, about 16, with black hair and grey eyes is wandering up to the MagCave. Surely this isn't another MagDaughter. Surely. Right?

27. - Top - End - #507

Unamused Magtok is Unamused

MECHALOMANIA V3, the giant humanoid mecha that is currently cutting a Titan into smaller, transportable hunks of meat, ceases butchering the fallen cannibal monster as the young woman approaches. There's a hiss of steam, as the cracked and scratched cockpit unseals itself, allowing a Magtok to emerge and descend to the ground. A Magtok garbed in what looks, quite embarrassingly, to be one of the Plugsuits from Evangelion. The new Mechalomania has a rather specialized interface, so simply sitting inside with a robe on wasn't going to work this time around.

"You've chosen a bad time to drop by. What do you want?"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-04-20 at 01:00 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

The Unamusement is Delicious

The young woman shrugs, as though she, in the true teenaged way, is indifferent to whether or not this is a bad time for Magtok, and says, "You're Magtok, right?" She then scratches her left ear nervously and continues, "I'm Lysandra Saxon...I think you're my father."

29. - Top - End - #509

Father Knows Best

"My last name isn't Saxon, and you're far too young to be married. I'm afraid you're mistaken," Magtok answers in one smooth, quick reply, casually striding away towards the hideous chunks of meat that used to be an intact and hostile Titan. What in the world is he planning to do with that stuff, anyways?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-04-20 at 04:38 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately, Mom is Quite Strong Willed

Lysandra smirks and says, "My mom insisted I'd take her last name. Her name was Therlynn. She died infiltrating some weird cult just after I was born...Risk of working for HALO, I guess."