New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Forbidden Land of Sundara: Insurgency IC

Shenra steps forward and pulls a small palette from her sack. Tracing her fingers through the air, a light mist revolves around Feeona. "Vi whedab sepa jaka vi throdenilt whedab ehaism."*draconic, "A dark soul, and now a darker face"

As the mist evaporates, the enemy forces slow as a sick and distorted visage stands where the woman had stood only a moment before. Now, where her helmet had been, now sat a drooling, evil mask. Huge, black eyes and a gaping maw filled with razor-filed teeth. A vile, green ooze seeped from between the teeth and drooled down over her shield. A thin and snakelike tongue worked its way all the way around the mouth, and the eyelids that blinked over those massive dark eyes slid slowly and repeatedly.

Shenra smiled from her place behind the monster, and replaced the palette into her bag. Feeona looks the same to her allies, but she knew that the terrible visage she had created would shake the oncoming soldiers to their cores. Her smile grew.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Extended Apparition (Spell Secret) on Feeona.

Ona, she prayed silently. Please give me the knowledge to know how to handle those who would disrupt the balance of life and death. Help me to restore that balance!
    Last edited by CryWolfCorrupt; 2013-11-30 at 03:10 PM.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Shenra: Human Wu Jen(3.5)
    Awesome Avatar by gurgleflep!

Weekends will be difficult for me to post.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

STEEL PITS
    Spoiler: Spoilered for size
    Show

The initial volley by the Resistance only felled several dozen men. As parts of the fog cleared, it was apparent that Field Marshal Ross had brought more lightly armoured troops and had spread them out to counter arrow fire. There was the sound of hundreds of glass bottles clinking on the pavement as the soldiers consumed their healing potions.

The Order counterattack was devastating. A hundred eighty foot long wall of fire suddenly sprouted between Fharel's forces and the Order army. There were screams from the treetop platforms as elven archers and mages were subject to the smoke and heat from the infernal conjuration.

BAKU
    Spoiler
    Show

Baku felled two more Order soldiers with arrows to the chest but more humans surged from the battlefield to join their comrades. The redcaps released a deadly volley of arrows into the fray and the Orcs charged at the advancing soldiers with their battle axes, cleaving flesh and armour.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Redcap Attack: (9d20+6)[4][14][15][3][7][3][17][13][8](90)
    Damage: (9d6)[2][1][1][4][4][1][1][5][3](22)
    Orc warriors: (4d20+5)[19][3][14][10](51)
    Damage: (4d9+6)[6][2][1][9](24)

KHALLIS' GROUP
    Spoiler
    Show

Feeona assumed her defensive stance and Katria's blow glanced off a soldier's shield. Blades of razor sharp grass sprouted from between the cobblestones and slum walls and started wrapping themselves around the arms and legs of the soldiers trapped within Branna's spell. The thorns and edges pierced their metal armour. Several of them seemed shaken at Feeona's new visage.

The soldiers moved forward, struggling to break free from the area of the spell. Two slashed at Katria while another tried to sprint towards Daelric, sword gleaming. Khallis stabbed at an approaching soldier

Spoiler
    Show
    Will saves: (8d20+2)[9][18][20][19][15][3][12][9](107), (1d20+4)[9]
    Khallis' Attack:(1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8]
    Order soldiers: (5d20+4)[2][12][20][6][12](56)
    Damage: (5d8+4)[1][7][2][2][8](24)
    Daelric's AoO: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (2d4+7)[14]

DM: Post round 2 actions!
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2013-11-30 at 08:12 PM.
    THE FORBIDDEN LAND OF SUNDARA

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Katria

Seeing herself surrounded by 3 soldiers Katria's movements change she seems to do a little dance as she goes defensive.

Spoiler
    Show
    move action (dance of reckless bravery, no AoO provoked) - allies within 30' gain +4 to will saves for 9 rounds
    standard action (fighting defensively -4 att +3 ac, unarmed strike) - att (1d20+2)[17] dmg (1d8+1)[9]
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2013-12-12 at 09:43 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Daelric swiftly tumbles back before abruptly jerking to the left, allowing the shadows to continue to swirl around him. Once he landed, his chain shot out at the soldier standing in front of him, seeking out any weakness in the unfortunate man’s defenses.

Spoiler: Game Terms
    Show
    Daelric Tumbles back 5 feet to avoid any attacks of opportunity, and then moves 5 feet to the left, activating Child of the Shadows and granting concealment. He then initiates Sapphire Nightmare Blade against the soldier directly in front of him and to Katria’s right.
    Tumble: (1d20+17)[29]

Concentration: (1d20+11)[21]
    Attack, flatfooted if successful: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (2d4+7)[13]
    Additional Damage if Con roll succeeds: (1d6)[3], plus Sneak Attack (2d6)[3]
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

Baku Round 3

When Baku sees the magical wall of fire erupt on the eastern side of the Greenway, he understands the implications all too well: the bulk of the Order's forces are now freed up to move west, with only he and his two dozen Harbringers to stop them. He yells at the closest orc, "Go tell the Warlord that the elves have been cut off from the battlefield by fire, and that he needs to send reinforcements now! It's a sign from Jagon that this battle is ours to fight!" *Orcish

Baku turns back to the combat and fires at the two soldiers who have successfully scaled one of the platforms that the Redcaps are shooting from. Baku sees that one of the orcs is attacking the second soldier with an axe, and aims carefully to avoid hitting his fellow Harbringer. He should have stopped the Sun-lovers from getting up there in the first place! Drunk as they are, the Redcaps are still too valuable of an asset to lose, and Baku intends to do a better job at protecting them than the orc.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Baku aims at the one on the left (who is adjacent to a Redcap) first. If the first shot kills him, he shoots the one on the right next; if not, he shoots at the one on the left again. Precise Shot negates the penalty for shooting into melee.

Also, the one on the right seems to be within 30'. I'm not sure whether the one on the left is or not, but I think that he is. I'll make my rolls without the Point Blank Shot bonuses for now though.

Attack 1: (1d20+11)[31]
    Attack 2: (1d20+11)[22]
    Damage 1: (1d8+9)[16]
    Damage 2: (1d8+9)[14]
    Last edited by sunwukong; 2013-11-30 at 08:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

KHALLIS' GROUP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daelric's chain flung out again, wrapping itself around the soldier's neck and crushing it with a sickening pop. The Sergeant continued to fight against the conjured brambles but was unsuccessful in breaking free.

BAKU
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the warriors ran back into the alleyways to convey Baku's message.
    Baku put an arrow through one man's skull and another through his comrade's sides. The orc gave the hobgoblin a nod and then pummelled the life out of the wounded soldier.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Branna calls out for Mahb to Charge, and remains in her avian form.

Mahb Charges forward toward the three soldiers lined up in front of Katria and Pounces on the one in the center, 100 kilograms of fang and claw.

Spoiler: Game Terms and Rolls
    Show

Mahb charge and pounce and rakes:
    Bite: to hit (1d20+12)[26] and damage (1d6+5)[7]
    Claw x2: to hit (2d20)[9][10](19) (plus 7 each) and damage (2d3)[3][1](4) (plus 2 each)
    Rake x2: to hit (2d20)[14][4](18) (plus 12 each) and damage (2d3)[1][2](3) (plus 2 each)
    Spoiler: I am playing...
    Show
    Thanks to Elder Tsufu for the awesome Mat Cauthon avatar!

8. - Top - End - #308

Shenra takes a small step forward as the Order's forces continue to press forward. Whipping her staff above her head in a small arc, she reaches up and pulls one of the satchels off. Opening the satchel, she pulls out a small shuriken. She holds it in her left hand, and whispers, "Ona's fire guide my hands..." and two replicas of the shuriken appear in her right hand between her fingers, and they immediately immolate, but do not torch her skin. "Ixen di ona geou gribkoan shafaer dout sepa!"*draconic "Ona's fire will feast upon you" She launches the first shuriken directly forward between Daelric and the elf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Fire Shuriken.
    Attack: (1d20+3)[19]
    Damage: (3d6)[11] fire damage

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by CryWolfCorrupt; 2013-12-01 at 10:43 AM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

KHALLIS' GROUP
    Spoiler
    Show

Mabh pounced on an unfortunate soldier and knocked him to the ground. The unfortunate soldier gave a shrill shriek before the panther tore at his flesh with its crushing jaws. Finding an opening, Shenra launched fire shurikens at the soldier standing adjacent to Mabh's victim. The burning projectiles scorched the man, bringing him unconscious to the ground.

DM: If Feeona and Katria don't post their actions within the next 12 hours or so, their turns will be forfeit.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Katria

Katria continues to fight defensively attacking the soldier to her left with her staff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    att (1d20+2)[7] dmg (1d6+1)[4]
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2013-12-12 at 09:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

KHALLIS' GROUP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Katria lunged at the soldier but her blows glanced helplessly off his shield.

DM: Post actions for next round. Baku can also post his actions. I'll figure it out.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Baku Round 4

Baku watches the larger battle in the Greenway with his peripheral vision, but simultaneously keeps up a steady stream of arrows aimed at the Order soldiers closest to his position.

Show
    Aimed at the closest soldier(s).

Attack 1: (1d20+11)[17]
    Attack 2: (1d20+11)[30]
    Damage 1: (1d8+9)[13]
    Damage 2: (1d8+9)[17]

13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feeona

Ignoring the strange grass rioting against the Order, the sudden hesitancy from her enemies, and the unease coiling and cramping in her stomach like a snake, Feeona's mind latched on to the first battle epiphany that occurred. A simple strike that could crack bone with a gentle tap. The bastard sword lashed out forcefully at the betrayer of Mornay before her.

Spoiler: Attack with Bonecrusher
    Show

Standard action, Bonecrusher.

Hit: (1d20+9)[13]
    Bastard Sword: (1d10+4)[13]
    Bonecrusher: (4d6)[20]

Spoiler: abilities
    Show

Ready,

3 Bonecrusher (+4d6 dmg)
    4 Shield Block (immediate, +4 ac adjacent ally)
    5 Vanguard Strike (+4 Allies attack)

Not ready,

1 Crusader's Strike (1d6+5 heal)
    2 Foehammer (+2d6 dmg, ignore DR)

(1d2)[2]

Hot then you're cold.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Branna calls for Mahb to return to her position now that the soldier is dead or dying. There were invisible people running through the area.

"Hidden, invisible people," she says to the jungle cat. "Find the hidden people."

The soldiers here are just about out of the fight. It looks like there are a couple deep in the tangle who certainly won't be doing anything, and a few more are caught in the edges, merely hurting themselves with their struggles to extricate themselves. The others here will be able to easily handle them.

She loops around the area, trying to tune out the sounds of the fight and listen for any sounds that might suggest any of the invisible people who she had sensed earlier were here.

Spoiler: Game terms
    Show
    Mahb will use his Scent to track anyone down. She will take a low-level flight circle in the immediately clear area (about 5' off the ground) to listen for anyone. Listen: (1d20+12)[29]. If it makes a difference for Mahb, she can Listen too, though her Scent ability is probably the much better detector. Mahb's Listen: (1d20+7)[25]

Mahb has Intelligece 3, so she can handle concepts of hidden/invisible enemies.
    Last edited by WebTiefling; 2013-12-02 at 09:06 AM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Katria

Seeing that the soldiers in front of her are non responsive she maneuvers around to the only soldier not trapped in the vegetation and still combat ready.
    Spoiler
    Show
    move action - tumble (1d20+13)[20] 4 squares right 3 squares up and one square diagonally left(45 ft.)
    standard action - she fights defensively with a unarmed strike att (1d20+2)[21] dmg (1d8+1)[4]
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2013-12-12 at 09:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Daelric took a step back from the fray and spent a moment composing his thoughts. He then opened his eyes and advanced on the soldier in front of him, gathering the shadows around him and lashing out in a downwards strike.

Spoiler: Game Terms
    Show
    Daelric moves diagonally backwards and to the right and then advances ten feet forwards until the soldier to Feeona’s upper left is just within his reach, maintaining Child of Shadows. He then spends a swift action to regain his spent maneuvers and makes a regular attack against the soldier.
    Attack: (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage: (2d4+7)[14]

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

THE STEEL PITS
    The battle continued. The elven archers and mages had retreated from the treetops. One mage was shot down by Order crossbows and he fell, his head dashing against the cobbles. Another slipped and fell into the the flames, screaming. The night fighters led by Tellista and Gulbeck surged from an opening in the fire wall but the humans were well prepared. They met the charge with a wall of steel and the clash of brutal hand-to-hand fighting ran through the Undercity. On the other end of the fire wall, Fharel brought his soldiers around the burning buildings, the Blood Hunter's flaming short sword carving chunks from the heavily armoured Order soldiers in the front lines.

It was about ten minutes into the battle that the first explosion was heard directly at the entrance of the Steel Pits. A cloud of toxic yellow gas burst sprung from the entrance and started expanding, seeking the open crevices and gaps that led directly into the sealed off mine.

As blood seeped into the Greenway, the sound of marching feet could be heard. Kolvars and the Kiiskan guards had arrived.

BAKU
    Spoiler
    Show
    The hobgoblin shot down two more skirmishers and the Redcaps contributed their volley, dropping three more. Acknowledging their losses, the Order picked up their weapons and started retreating.

KHALLIS' GROUP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Khallis stabbed at the remaining soldier and Daelric struck him with a flick of his chain. Katria's punch dropped him and the Sergeant trapped in the brambles threw up her arms.
    "No! We submit!" She cried. The other soldiers trapped in the spell laid down their swords. "Spare my men and we'll leave you alone!"

DM: +1000XP to the group.
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2013-12-03 at 03:50 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

18. - Top - End - #318
    Orc in the Playground

Normally, Baku would continue firing at the retreating soldiers, but the appearance of billowing clouds of poisonous gas and the arrival of the United Kiiskan Guard are much more important developments. Baku curses heavily at the fact that both threats have arisen simultaneously, but there's no question which one he needs to deal with first. "Back to the Pit!" he roars at the Harbringers under his command. "But don't get too close! And stick to the shadows!" *Orcish

Baku doesn't know how the enemy got all the way to the entrance of the Steel Pit, nor does he know what he and his arrows can do against a cloud of toxic gas, but he keeps his eyes open for danger as he cautiously moves towards the Pit. Damn! Fharel's mages could just blow this cloud away, but they're on the other side of the Greenway...and they probably wouldn't do it, anyways.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm including a +2 to Spot on the assumption that any enemies that Baku may encounter will be human.

Spot: (1d20+11)[30]
    Hide: (1d20+19)[30]

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

BAKU
    Spoiler
    Show
    The orcs accompanying Baku shied away from the billowing cloud. Despite their drunkenness, they had the common sense to know of the fog's dangers. "It's poison fog!" Roared one of them, clutching the leather handle of his greataxe nervously. "It'll kill!"

The cloud of fog was thick and opaque but Baku could see several dark clad figures running through it and leaping across rooftops. Their faces appeared to be covered by featureless masks that blocked their nostrils and mouth but their practised movements and heavy steps were undoubtedly human.
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2013-12-03 at 03:54 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feeona

Feeona let a moment pass and relished in the relief of the battle being done, though the din carried on away from them. She approached the two elves and other human. “A sergeant could be an insightful insightful prisoner,” Feeona said. “But nothing good comes out of harming the rest. We should just take her, and spare them.
    Last edited by Star_In_a_Sky; 2013-12-03 at 05:51 AM.
    Hot then you're cold.

21. - Top - End - #321

"As they would have spared us upon surrender? I agree that the sergeant makes a terrific bargaining chip... However, I believe the others should pay for their crimes." Shenra steps forward, pulling a small dagger from her sack. She approaches the webbing and the soldiers trapped within. "Do you hear the marches? The drums of war still beat. If we allow them to live they will simply kill us when their reinforcements arrive. The balance of life and death must be restored. Tell me, soldier, how many have you killed?" She holds the dagger gingerly, and her eyes show something. Not anger, but something. Ona, give me the strength to carry this through. This is no longer combat... but this is not murder, is it? They have commited crimes against you and against life. Am I in the wrong? She looks at Feeona as she prays. This woman, who bears the symbol of the Order on her shield, is willing to let them go; can she be trusted?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Daelric puts his arm out between Shenra and the soldiers. “Not that I particularly have anything against killing them, but they might be able to provide us with some valuable intelligence. That said, you bring up a valid point, it makes no sense to let them go just so they can hunt us down later. So, either we take them all prisoner, or we kill them all right here.”

My Homebrew

Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

That's why I told you not to get too close, numbskull, Baku thinks but doesn't say.

As he creeps closer and spots humans moving through the poison gas, Baku hisses in a low voice to any Harbringers who were brave enough to follow him, "There! On the rooftops! Kill those pinkskins when they get out of the cloud!"

Show
    Obviously, if the cloud of poison gas is moving towards Baku at faster than 60'/round, he's not going to approach it any further. He'll wait for the humans to get out of the cloud before attacking...seems like looting their bodies might yield some very useful magical items.

Initiative: (1d20+6)[13]
    Surprise Round (?) Attack: (1d20+13)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+9)[11]

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Katria

"They shamelessly slaughtered my people, oppressed them, and commit horrible crimes all in the name of their goddess Mornay. Feeona look me in the eye and truthfully tell me we won't see them again, if you can't I must somewhat agree with Shenra and Daelric. Right now I don't want to kill those that surrender, but they need to be brought to justice and made to take responsibility for their crimes, then punished. If we take the leader prisoner, we take them all prisoner." Katria's voice sounds stern and resolute.
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2013-12-12 at 09:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325

"Choose quickly, Feeona. I am sure the Steel Pits are still a mess. We need to assist the Orcs."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feeona

Feeona flinched behind her metal mask at Katria. Justice. Farlaen hasn't any for its own people, how are the elves going to give it? Farlaen was the empire meant to herald a new dawn, and she had been on trial their before, and been kindly given no more than some harsh warnings. It was only after that she had heard of many that had only known the noose. Katria already spoke as someone that wanted the soldiers trialled not as individuals, but as representatives of the Order. Any trial like that would end in punishment.

If you all hate these people, for rape, and invasion, and genocide,” Feeona spoke thoughtfully; keenly aware she was wandering into territory unsung, “then do not emulate them.

The twitching twisting grass continued to loop and latch unto the limbs of the already trapped soldiers, crushing them even as they spoke. But the bore their pain without so much as a grunt. A glance to the sun symbol of the man that had his windpipe snapped made her doubt. Even the battle insignia they carried was meant to be one of kindness, and she found herself confused that anyone in the Order could commit those atrocities. It's Khallis' command. If I can convince her, this doesn't need to happen. She turned from the entangled soldiers.

They've surrendered. Their sergeant is a sensible woman, and vows made in the name of Mornay are forever precious.” Feeona flipped her visor up to reveal herself smiling weakly, and sheathed the sword that remained pleasantly dry. The Order was misguided, but as long as they still stumbled along a path they hoped belonged to the goddess, they would make their words solemn. “Make the soldiers vow never to rape, never to invade, and never to oppose the Kiiskan resistance in any way again, lest their souls be sent to the god of darkness for eternity. We would eliminate them as enemies while leaving them to a life without sin. It's not an oath made lightly, and none of Mornay's own would break it with a price half so severe. No doubt, the sergeant would also come quietly and offer information freely for knowing our objective is liberation, not slaughter.
    Last edited by Star_In_a_Sky; 2013-12-03 at 04:03 PM.
    Hot then you're cold.

27. - Top - End - #327

"I applaud your devotion and your kind heart, Feeona." Shenra stepped forward again, gently pulling Feeona away from the Sergeant and her men. "But how can you be so certain that these soldiers, who until a few minutes ago were all-too-pleased to draw our blood, will uphold that oath with the same devout love for their Mornay?" She shivers a bit, feeling guilty for claiming that the by transition, the followers of Ona would gladly shirk the mantle that accompanies their faith. "We cannot try everyone for their crimes. But these men and women, we can. We should get the information about the camps out of them, if we can. Then, they should be punished for their war crimes, and we should move on to aid the Orcs before the Pits are lost."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

“There’s also something else to consider, Feeona. If these soldiers take that oath of yours and try to uphold it, odds are they’ll be tried for insubordination and probably hung as a warning. Personally, I say we take them prisoner and pull out for now. If the Order has released the gas already, then there’s not much more we can do, unless one of you has some magic that can cleanse the air.
    Also, if we’re not killing them, then I’d advise against trying them for war crimes. It’d make more sense to ransom them back or try to arrange a prisoner exchange instead.”

My Homebrew

Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Branna frowns at the arguing. That's one of the things she loved about nature - no arguing.

She settles briefly on Mahb's shoulders, and says "Interrogate, then either exile or kill. I don't care. The main fight is at the Steel Pits and we should be there. Tie them up and decide later if you must. The Briar Web spell is coming down soon and we need to go."

With that she launches off the panther with a flurry of wings.

If they don't decide quickly, she'll leave them here. Crazy 'civilized' beings.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm certain as long as we ensure the vow is made in Mornay's name,” Feeona lowered her voice as she was tugged a few feet from the Order soldiers. “They would never break that. Not when we also see to it that the price is one of embracing damnation to Her most hateful foe. The sergeant would be a lot more open about information for showing leniency to her squad, and we can quickly get to grips with what their trap was without having to question some stubborn military rank.” She stared at the spellcaster beseechingly. “I know it sounds like I'm asking the world, but we could save lives and combat whatever unkind image they might have of us. It can truly work.

Or so Feeona had thought, until Daelric brought up concerns she hadn't, and again she dined on her lower lip, uncertain. He said they should take prisoners, but that was the problem. Katria sounded adamant that prisoners be taken solely so they could be sentenced, with Shenra not far behind, and she didn't know what Lord Fharel might decide. It's not insubordinate to follow the heart of your hierarchy, Feeona would have replied, but Jeremiah Bradford was at the head. The dim memory of a face bloated black from suffocation made her shudder. She didn't wish it on anyone, and was on the edge of dimming into silence, but her eyes brightened suddenly with realization. Even a grin came to her face.

Field Marshal Ross! He commands here. They would be truly safe for making the oath. We would lose several enemies, gain a compliant sergeant, and just as easily exchange her afterwards.

She hesitated on that point for glimpsing an elf that was all grace and midnight hair. A sergeant would be an ideal target to represent the Order in a trial, and she didn't know just how deeply sunk the hurt the Order had inflicted went in her. But it was better one person trialled than all of them. Knowing Khallis would tolerate their debate for however long was prudent, Feeona regarded those green eyes, all hope and enthusiasm.

But the little girl that could transform into an owl, or perhaps the owl that could transform into a little girl, said her part. Feeona was suddenly stupefied that anyone so young spoke so sagely. Branna rushed away on the back of the great black cat. Again, Feeona glanced at Khallis, but this time it was more awaiting the command to follow the owl-girl. She didn't have any great trouble with lingering last to see the soldiers unharmed.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know Plushie isn't around this week, so I guess I'll wait until the command to follow Branna.
    Last edited by Star_In_a_Sky; 2013-12-03 at 05:59 PM.
    Hot then you're cold.