New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Out in the Black: Alpha Panda

Cole
    Lawrence Saloon

Cole entered on the arm of the good doctor, and apparently just in time too. He saw Morgan stirring up some trouble. Whispering to Sia, "See if you can't locate that yuon tsotun mei woman that done skipped with our pay. I'm gonna see if'n I can't give Morgan a hand... preferably against some knucklehead's teeth."

The soldier then began making his way over to stand with his mute counterpart.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Robyn Reed
    Frisco High Street

Robyn hurries after the 3 men supporting Balley Sackett into a side street. "Howdy! How's he doin'?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lawrence Saloon
    The Mirror in the Lawrence Saloon runs the length of the Bar's back wall, almost up to the high beams. After the first time it was broken, the whole town had it replaced, because it allows a man to see gorram near eveything happening around him.

Like the fist flying into Morgan's face. His hands were too low to intercept the first fist, and instinctively blocked the second with a well experienced knowledge that it wasn't technically called a fight if you didn't take at least one blow.

The Other two miners were circling to Morgan's left, but this was of peripheral notice, as with two hands blocking the second punch Morgan knew the first hand was still free.

It was completely out of his vision that the dazed Mining guard was just getting too his feet when another miner, almost as dumpy and even shorter than the guard tackled the luckless mine guard to the floor again.

Greg spotted it though.

Sia had sharper, or less distracted eyes. Though she too caught sight of red hair across the room, including a guitarist with copper plaits down near to his waist. It was a combination of colours that caught her eye. Red Hair and that pink shirt!
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Lawrence Saloon

Morgan blinks a few times, a bit befuddled as to how the first blow got through his defenses. He throws the thought away quickly, however, as second-guessing yourself in a fight was liable to get you killed.

With that in mind, he closes his fists.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Lawrence Saloon

Sia leaves the boys to their fight and starts trying to make her way through the rowdy crowd, heading for the red hair and that pink shirt.

Such a distinctive combination, Sia is fairly certain it is their wayward schoolteacher, but she needs to get closer to find out.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2014-03-04 at 02:03 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Gregoire Reaufort
    Lawrence Saloon

Greg keeps an eye on the fight; he'll move to intervene if things get any hairier, but for now he thinks it best to leave the ship's muscle to handle it. If anything, it might disperse this crowd a bit so they can get a clean view of wherever the schoolmarm is hiding.

Without a clue of where she might be for the now, though, Greg pushes his way towards J.W.. Maybe the M.O.P. could provide some insight into the disappearance of his elusive "fiance".
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

7. - Top - End - #247

Frisco High street
    Balley looked up at Robyn with a haggard, pale, but smiling face. He was being carried by two of his buddies, hopping, while another supported his leg.

"Dadburn hún dàn of mǎzi, gorram horse has probably broke my Ruttin' leg" The injury was clearly affecting Balley's refined parade manners, but then, that suited the nature of this Parade.

"When I'm done with the Doc, come by the shop, and I'll sort out those parts that I can, you earned them, I reckon we'd have had a riot iffn' we'd a put the mining boys through a cottilation dance….
    ...'Stead we have a Celebration!"

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Robyn Reed

Robyn grins, then nods. "Good to see yer head's not smashed in. I'll be by the shop later." She watches as they help the poor man to the doc's, then heads back towards the saloon and the shop. He might know something about the payment, but now wasn't the time to ask. Figurin' she should ask one of the crew to help out with the parts, and perhaps as added security if there still was a problem with payment, she walks into the bar to find her mates.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Lawrence Saloon

Sia keeps moving through the crowd, hoping to reach the woman she is after before she loses sight of her in the pandemonium sure to erupt from the bar fight beginning behind her.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Rogue

The battle had been long and fraught, but finally she's winning. The foe has eluded her time and time again, but it's tiring - she can see it now, in the sluggish movements and the lacklustre evasions.

She'd tagged it once or twice recently, and now it was time to move in for the kill....

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Cargo Hold

Almost absent mindedly, Jack twitches the piece of string as the cat leap - causing her to miss, and skid across the top of the crate before dropping out of sight as she falls off the far side. He cringes slightly, but there isn't even time to stand up before the indignant feline jumps back up and begins, once again, to stalk the spare bootlace.

He sighs, and glances over at the airlock doors. Waiting, always the waiting. At least no-one's shooting them in the mean time, and the crew are almost certainly enjoying themselves at the parade.

He twitches the string, and the cat falls off the crate. Again.
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

11. - Top - End - #251

Lawrence Saloon
    Morgan was engaged in an expanding circle of brawlers, the all out attack of his opponent needing his best efforts to block. The wild blows are easy enough to dodge one at a time, but in quick succession and with kicks and other bar patrons in the way, Morgan hardly manages to glance around at the rest of the situation.

Fortunately, Morgan is soon going to be joined by Cole, who has just reached the edge of the brawl, where two miners seemingly have just dived into calm the fight, but are now coming to blows with Short Sad Sam over wether or not they interrupted his awesome feint, or prevented him getting done for the murder of a mining guard.

Sia, loosing sight of the shirt and red hair, asses her situation in the bar. She's hardly being jostled considering how packed the room is, and at the moment, the miners are sober enough to keep their hands to themselves. There are card tables, from where she might get a vantage point, but the crowded bar means she's only vaguely sure of the cardinal directions now.

Robyn walking through the door was confronted with quite a scene. On one side of the room, an escalating bar fight was erupting, literally, as people were dislodged from seats and perches, or literally got jumped upon. On the other, her passenger, J.W. McClarin M.o.P. is standing on a table and still speechifying.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Robyn, entering Saloon

Robyn blinks, then looks around for her crewmates. She nods to J.W. as she passes his table, and tries to avoid getting hit along the way. Wouldn't be right to ruin Greg's dress.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Lawrence Saloon

Damn.

Sia looks around for the schoolteacher.

Unable to see anything, she heads for the bar, hoping to get any glimpse of the woman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness: (1d6)[3]

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Gregoire Reaufort
    Lawrence Saloon

The ship's ambassador continues to press forward through the crowd, trying to reach the bar where Jawdubblyuh is entertaining his rapt audience.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!