1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War - Icon City (IC)

Trifecta

MRB[Mail]
    Spoiler
    Show

Three short letters and a package arrive to the MRB, these letters were totally safe and written by computer and printed, no fingerprints were on these things.

You Buncha of inbred red-necks, stay the heck away from my friend or next time it wont be non lethal breaking him out, and make no mistake you go after any of my other friends with no reason, to try and make them lab-rats and i promise you that i will shake and shake the very heavens to destroy you.
    -Tempest

Dear MRB, the only reason i came willingly to your labs was because you made a couple of promises and broke them and any trust i had towards you by experimenting on me.
    I better not catch you near me for no reason trying to do anything or it will end badly for both of us.
    Yours trully

-Strider (Written by a friend).

Mmm too bad we got some nice amnesty eh boys and gals?, its surprising how much corruption exists in this country, but then again if it weren't for it, i wouldn't have found all this dirt.
    Such a shame lil old me found about those perverted hobbies some of you have, i wonder what would have happened if the photographs showing some officials in....compromising positions had been found by the press, heheheh, many kisses to the Special agents i played with, i hope they are feeling better after our rough night-time playtime.
    With no kisses

-Mara

The Mayor[Phone]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Hello and Good morning Mr.Tristan...er this is the Mayors office right?, oh okay thank you for your time Mayor".

"Oh well i was calling to have a bit of your time and ask about your position and politics in regard to the MRB, as well sentient monsters and their handling by the MRB".

"I would also like to inquire about the Junk-yard in the outskirts, why isn't all the metal getting recycled?, does the City lack recycling centres?"

Fort Steyer[Email]
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings

Does the Fort hire people?
    Or Kaiju? (dont worry i am a fully sentient, cognizant with human level intellect Kaiju).
    My name is Strider, i have a file with the MRB and after my recent scuffle slash experimentation by them that was interrupted and i have currently been given full amnesty after these events.

My greatest ability is my 20 feet? i think height, fast digging and if need be permanent tunnel making, and being very tough.
    Oh yeah and dont worry while its hard for me to read books(so so small) or write on computers(so hard).
    I can speak just fine(if a little loud, but great voice for singing).

Hmm....oh yeah i can also Understand and speak Arabic and can read and write and speak English.

So if you hire, do i need to have more skills? or anything else?(i admit i lack papers in finishing middle and high school, but i do know the basics of most of those things of course).

-Your trully

Strider (and the friend who wrote this for him).

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Super-PAC

Sergei[p]

Spoiler
    Show
    Probably looking at [2 cash] to track it down, 2 more if it can be subdues and captured, or 1 if things are handled a bit more messily. Frankly, I was just told to get a quote. Folks upstairs are sill weighing thier options.
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-11-29 at 10:34 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Spoiler: To Super PAC [P]
    Show
    "Wow, really lowballin' it, eh lady? Look, I'm not gonna interest any tracker worth a damn for less than [4 Cash], yer dig? 'N yer been talkin' 'bout shapeshifter dis, shapeshifter dat, yet I dun hear ye sayin' jus' wha' it supposed to be capable of. I'd think nuthin' less'n [5], [6 Cash]'ll suffice, eh? Best to haf more, wha' be more. Yer grt eha' ye pay fer, yer know."
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184

SUper-PAC

Sergei

Spoiler
    Show
    6, huh? Would that be just for the tracking, or does that figure include taking the target down?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Spoiler: To Super-PAC [P]
    Show
    "Naw, naw! [6 Cash] jus' fer takin' 'e creature down, trackin' not included, ey? C'mon lady, if yer talkin' 'bout a shapeshifter 'ere, tha' could be very bad news dependin' on wha' sorta shapeshifter it is, naw? Yer dun give Sergei details 'bout 'e shapeshifter, Sergei's gotta assume 'e worst, tha' mean Sergei's gotta promise top dollar to get 'e peeps crazy 'nuff to take on one wit'out proper info, dun yer know?"

"Naw doin' dis on 'e cheap, lady. Yer wan' 'e package deal, Sergei can mebbe get a guy for [8], [9 Cash], but tha' still be a crapshoot. Like I said, yer gettin' wha' ye pay for. More ye can shell out, 'e more Sergei can work wit', 'n 'e better satisfied ye be, eh?"
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186

Super-PAC

Sergei[p]

Spoiler
    Show
    We still have some other options to consider, but if those fail, I need to know whether we'll be able to afford an outside solution to this problem. Is [9 cash] what it's going to take to get your main man on this?
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-11-29 at 12:32 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Show
    "[9 Cash] be 'e least Sergei's gotta charge, if he be findin' a guy capable of trackin' AND killin' 'e bastard. Mighta be higher if Sergei need ta find two different guys fer both parts."

"Main man? Wha' be ye talkin' 'bout lady, Sergei dun got no 'main man'. Sergei knows folk all 'round Icon City, but Sergei dun play favourites, dig? Not 'e way ta do bizness, yer see?"
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2013-11-29 at 12:41 PM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

James Edison

The Edison Electric Company is proud to announce the release of our first catalogue!

Need gadgets? Mesh? A little protection? Simply choose from our products below, or give us a call, and we will see what we can do for you.

EEC Catalogue [Public]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edison Electric Generator: Sometimes, power transmission doesn't suit your needs. Sometimes, you need in house generation. Independence from the transmitters can provide no end of boons, and Edison Electric has put together one of the most efficient generators on the market today.

Cost: 10 Cash
    TP Maintenance: 2

Edison Privacy Prime Chatserver: Keep your conversations and files out of the hands of data pirates! The Privacy Prime is designed to provide secure communications at an affordable price. (Improves E-mail Security)

Cost: 16 Cash
    Maintenance: 3

Edison E-meter: A highly sensitive technical tool, and one of Mr Edisons personal inventions, now available to the public. A Highly advanced energy analyser, this tool is vital for investigation of anomalies

Cost: 4 Cash
    Maintenance: 1

Lightning Grenades: The finest on non-lethal weaponry, the lightning grenade is carefully tuned to deliver a incapacitating shock to an attacker. (Warning: The EEC is not liable for any electronics damaged by misuse of the Grenade)

Maintenance:1

To SuperPAC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can put together a server for you, sure. Since it's for a good cause, I'll even handle the hosting (TP Maintenance) myself, and give you a discount. 10 Cash. You know, gotta pay for parts and such.

In exchange for the favour, perhaps you can hook me up with an invite to the big new year bash? I hear it's gonna be a blast, I'd hate to miss out.

To Icon City Heroes [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Anyone looking into this Vorpal business? I know the Black Bloods aren't the most sympathetic guys, but this kind of blatant assault and abuse of powers shouldn't be allowed."
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2013-11-29 at 05:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Hardliners

Super-PAC (e)
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's little else to tell. My associate is following up one last possible lead, but that's just him being thorough, he doesn't expect much of it. It was a thing neither could identify, then the tracks disappeared. When they found the track again it was a deer, but with long legs, then it was a dog. That time they could see the trial go from one to the other in one step. They gave up by the kennel at the bottom of the hill, where the urban area truly starts.

We do however have more information about how this began, not fit for an unsecured channel. I understand you know a lot more about the other side of this, and I want to hear that too.

And in the spirit of cooperation and sharing information, I'd like to take this moment to propose a trade of databases

OOC: Although I would like to wait till after mid-turn to spent the action. I already have M&S 1. I'll trade you tech 1 for M&S 2

A meeting in the Snow PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Smith turns to follow Dervish into the darkness. Then he stops, he turns and stares back thoughtfully. A deer with long legs, a large creature... He thought about it hard as the wind howled about him. No way to track it with hard facts, this sort of deductive reasoning always leads to wish fulfilment. Still, right now what did he have besides guesses?
    He went back to the kennel, tapping on the keyboard on his wrist. The Orrus drones form up and fly out about the building. When one finds a way into the ventilation system the rest follow it in. The Smith watches the tiny screen on his wrist from about two inches away, yet still he sees everything as the drones fly in and about the kennels. He looks each and every dog over very carefully before he finally gives up and leaves.

OOC: Looking for any strange dogs, particularly dogs that are large in any way. Unusually large for the breed, unusually large dog, that sort of thing. Oh, and try and get DNA traces from the deer and dog prints.

Helios PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would like to start now but actions running low. I'm keeping a list in the gdoc. May or may not, depends what happens after mid-turn. If not definitely start of next turn

Boardwalk Business PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll lock that in now. Can I call in reinforcements without spending an action? (As in my own reinforcements, not just 8-Ball, but also 8-Ball)

Internal PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ransack his short term memory. In particular looking for talking snakes,great/dark beasts, small statues with jewels, the museum, a theft, how he purchased the house.

And I pay for the 69er action.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2013-11-29 at 01:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

10. - Top - End - #190

Super-PAC

Hardliners[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunate the trail runs cold. Could you describe the shifter's initial, unidentifiable tracks for me? Might give a clue as to the true nature of the beast. Also, anything to report on the museum heist? I'm going to try to meet with Pyre at the new year's party.

If you'd care to speak privately regarding Peabody Labs, I'll be attending the Rotary Club's fundraiser this week.

As for exchanging databases, I'm currently in talks with a company called Lazarus Technologies about a similar deal. They've apparently acquired quite a bit of knowledge on local supers as well. Frankly I know even less about them than I know about you, so I'm not sure whether to trust them. Do you have more advanced technological data available? Or any information on Lazarus Tech?

Sergei[p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, perhaps I have been misinformed. The committee's rolodex has you listed as the emergency contact for a specific contractor. Supposedly the person to get if you've got a super-powered problem. We're not really looking for a run-of-the-mill hunter. Sorry to have wasted your time."

Edison Electric[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Afraid I don’t have that sort of funding available. Maybe you could try opening a collection from the super community? If a few of us pitched in [1- 2 cash] each we might be able to get this off the ground. I’m assuming this server would be more-or-less unhackable? Might be a few supers on the forum willing to pitch in for that sort of safe convenient communication.

As for the Pyre party, I wish you hadn’t waited until the day of to ask. I'll arrange an invitation for you. Probably have an opportunity to pay us back somewhere down the line.

Oh, and would you happen to know anything about Lazarus Tech? We're consulting with them on the Peabody labs issue, and I'm curious about them.

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to add Edison Electric to the Pyre guestlist if it's not too late.

Still like to hear about the cost of a more basic, moderate security server. Something above e-mails but not unhackable. Might have to make th poor-man's choice here.
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-11-29 at 06:35 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The Family-Edison[Email]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those Lightning Grenades... How many does 1 order get me?

[In other words, are these one-shots?]

The Family[Internal]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Metalclad: [Damn it, should have dispatched Melissa. Why must everyone continue poaching on my turf!]

"Hey, wait! I just want to talk, promise!" If the girl still doesn't stop, my men will pursue. At the same time, Gladiator and [1 Thug], using their knowledge of the terrain, will attempt to get ahead of the pair and cut them off. Once in that position, they will once again try talking; if not then the two will be taken into custody. Especially whoever is aiding Metalclad.

Question:

I think you missed this: does this setting have any variant of Containment Foam? If so, how easy would it be to obtain(doesn't need to be legally)?

W. Could Melissa sweet talk the guards who are bound to be watching the Pyre Hill party to let her in? I think her [Charmspeak 2] would be useful.
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2013-11-29 at 02:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192

Mordecai Carter

"A classified ad?!!!"

"Yes, Scarlet. We're a business, we need customers."

"So you go to the newspaper? What are you, 80? Step aside, Mordecai, and I'll show you how we do things in this century."

THE ELDRITCH EMPORIUM CATALOG OF WONDERS (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Have YOU ever wanted to master the world of magic? Well now you can! The Eldritch Emporium caters to both beginners and experienced practitioners with a variety of enchanted goods!

Mana Gem: Just getting started with magic, or looking for a little extra umph? These affordable gems carry a charge of [2 MP], to be used whenever you like. Great for beginners looking to keep their magic items charged!

Cost: 2 Cash
    Maintenance: 0

Mana Font: A little more serious about getting into magic? Look no further! This fountain provides a renewable source of energy, providing [2 MP] of mana that comes back every [turn]! Excellent if you're planning on gearing up with magic items that need to be maintained, but you don't wanna bother with that!

Cost: 6 Cash
    Maintenance: -2 MP

Boomstick: Power of a bazooka, size of a pistol! A single-shot magical hand cannon to clear your path - great for traffic jams! (disclaimer: Eldritch Emporium not responsible for reckless use of goods)

Maintenance: 1 MP

Shifter Scarf: Make yourself look like somebody else! Live your dreams! Great for pranks!

Cost: 8 Cash
    Maintenance: 1 MP

Whisper Ring: For those private conversations! Speak with another ring owner from anywhere in the city, safe from online eavesdroppers and wiretaps!

Cost: 9 Cash
    Maintenance: 3 MP

13. - Top - End - #193
    Colossus in the Playground

Gilgamesh to Mordecai Carter[mail]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Mr. Carter, I would be delighted to buy weaponry from you, but sadly, I have barely any money at the moment. Some deals made with the goblin market should give me [4 cash] soon, but even that would not be enough, as I'd need not only weapons, but also the mana to maintain them.

Still. As soon as I have achieved some regular income, I'll come back to you."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

14. - Top - End - #194

Super-PAC

Trifecta[m]

Spoiler
    Show
    A letter arrives at the Trifecta’s residence in Silent Lake, addressed to Tempest and Mara.

On behalf of the Super-PAC, welcome to Icon City. The city is in a bit of an uproar at the moment, even on the outskirts I’m sure you’ve felt the effects. In fact, I was wondering if there’s any chance you might have learned anything about the Peabody Labs break-in. Also in your neck of the woods, you might be interested to know a magical node seems to have opened up in the nature preserve. Not really our thing, but I understand Mara has some magical talent, so she might find it of use. As newly arrived supers, be sure to let me know if you have any concerns you feel the PAC can help address.

Sincerely,
    Sharon Deckhart, Regional Director, Superhuman Political Action Committee.

[Enclosed are a business card, and a brochure highlighting the Super-PAC’s legal services and activist work on behalf of the metahumans community.]

Watchmen[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Watchmen,
    The papers say you’ve been scrapping with 8-ball. Any idea why the metalman is encroaching on your turf? As long as you’re keeping your streets clean, we’d like to help you out same as we do for the superpowered vigilantes. For obvious reasons, we’re especially eager to hurt Die Kriegers. If you hear of any chance to bust up their weapons ring, or just generally hurt them, we’re always ready to listen.

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do my databases tell me anything about teleportation magic, dream magic, or cursed items?
    Can I contact 8-ball?

Mid-Turn action- with the economy on the rise, the Super-PAC feels it is time to reach out to their investors for donations. I’d like to spend an action and use [Wealthy Backers] trait to try and raise funds for my new PR initiative, People First. The basic pitch is that the campaign will remind everyone that metahumans are more than just a collection powers, they’re people just like the rest of us. With vampires openly living in the city, and a magic shop sending out public catalogues, there’ll be a bit of an emphasis on helping people to understand magic and not fear it. After the death of so many supers, and the subsequent crime wave, Super-PAC will be connecting the two, and pointing out to backers that the time is right to sway public opinion in favor of superheroes and magic as a positive part of everyday life.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

James Edison
    EEC

To Super-PAC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unhackable? Well, not exactly, no. It's a cut down server, specialised for e-mail and file sending for the mass market. That's how I can price it so cheap.

And for you guys? I'm knocking my profit margins to nothing here, AND offering to maintain the thing myself. Feel free to set up a collection with the Heroes. I'd love to do the whole thing for free, but that would mean sinking almost all my cash into this thing, which would leave me with no way to make money.

But, you get me that invite, we'll call it even.

(OOC: It improves security, doesn't give free PMs.)
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2013-11-29 at 07:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Kobold

Trifecta

Super-PAC[M]
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings and Salutations my friend.

Nope cant say we have felt any effects, neither have we learned or saw anything about the Labs break-in...(it happened over this district?, i must have forgot).
    Heh we felt and have the location of the node mates, in fact we sold it to a friend, and yes Mara would have found it of use, if she indeed wanted to used it, as for her having some magical talent.....mmm yea more or less thats one way to say it.

Sure sure we will keep you in mind, likewise if you want some magical help or some pure digging muscle we can help you with a small discount for you.

Sincerely
    -Tempest

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Show
    "Hey hey, hol' up dere lady. THA' be wha' ye be talkin' 'bout all dis time?"

"If ye haf someone in mind all dis time, bloody say so! Tell Sergei who it been ye were lookin' fer, Sergei might jus' know how ta get in touch wit' him or her. Quit pussyfootin' 'round arready, 'n tell Sergei who ye be wantin', kay? Sergei's no mind-reader, I can't know wha' ye been thinkin'!"
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Knight of Blades

To James Edison (email)
    Spoiler
    Show

RE: Vorpal and Blackbloods

I was looking into it, and so was the Ideal. A third, unknown faction was also there, but I don't know what their intentions were.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2013-11-29 at 09:09 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #199

Hardliners[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty sure I’ve solved the museum heist. Could turn the info in to the proper authorities, or try to go after the perps ourselves. Finding them may be difficult. Thoughts?

Heroes Forum[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edison says he’ll set up a server for [10 cash], but the PAC doesn’t have that sort of money. We can probably put up [2 cash], anyone else feel like chipping in?
    Oh, and anyone who feels like doing some good old-fashioned heroing, we may be going against some magical foes soon. Any interest?

Edison Electric[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I’ll get you an invite. Also, solved the museum heist. Could turn the info in to the proper authorities, or try to go after the perps ourselves. Finding them may be difficult. Thoughts?

Trifecta[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello,
    This is Fivsby, supernatural relations are my department for the most part. Concerning an ongoing investigation, I’m curious if you have any particular affinity for teleportation or shapeshifting. Got a fair bit of magical knowledge and friends, but if it happens to be a specialty of yours… eh, just thought I’d take a shot in the dark. Any info would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Magister Fivsby, head of supernatural relations.

Sergei[p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, like I said, been a bit of a disorienting call. Really wasn't expecting you to be a headhunter type operator. Not my fault if your business got some faulty advertising somewhere along the line. Anyhow, not looking for a person so much as a boogeyman. Couldn't give you a name, but supposedly the bloke killed Hydragyrum and wasted a whole gang up in Twain City. Know him?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Knight of Blades

Hero Forum (e-mail)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose I can chip in 2 cash to help out with a server.

Also did anyone check out what that person wanted on the Docks?

If you need assistance with a fight, I'm available. I'd need more details before I came though, particularly if it's a magical opponent.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Show
    "Aw, bloody 'ell."

"Like, holee crap, lady. Opens up a whole new bloody can o' worms, tha' it does. If ye be wantin' THA' murderin' lil' bastard on 'e job, tha' be sayin' 'e mark's THA' dangerous if ye be tha' desperate. How'd you know to call Sergei 'bout tha' bloody freak, anyway?"

"Okay, look. 'E freak's a lil' different, see. Not yer regular subcontractor, tha' one. Lives fer 'e thrill o' battle or so it says, or summat like tha'. Dun know it t' haf any special skill in trackin' down shapeshifters, but Sergei can ask. Wun mind takin' yer money for it - say [8 Cash] or so - but wha' really gets its interest are 'e details, lady. If ye can't gif Sergei any to pass on to it, it'll pro'bly think it's a trap or summat, 'n den ye wun haf ye murderin' lil' psychopath."

"Even den, Sergei can't guarantee nuts when it comes to tha' freak. So save yer money fer now, gif Sergei 'e details 'bout 'e mark, 'n ye can pay Sergei later if 'e bloody psycho shows up, eh?"

Spoiler: Internal [PM]
    Show
    Sergei to Charlie

"Hey, patsan!"

"What is it, old man?"

"Ye got any skill in trackin' 'n takin' down a shapeshifter?"

"Well..."

(OOC: [Anti-Power Tactical Acumen], [Resourceful 1], and [Urban Camouflage 1] - does these give Charlie any insights on how to tackle a shapeshifter?
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

Kobold

To Super PAC [E]
    Spoiler
    Show

Hullooo
    My name's Mara, mmmm.

Information on those topics i sadly lack, mmm i can tell you that limited magical shape-shifting is very easy, whether its temporary on a person, or comes from an artefact, it would take a powerful one to make one shapeshift into various animals, but not other people, unless you include it down to the fine details such as smell and the voice.

As for teleportation, if there is will there are ways, but its easier and less risky to move around normally, so i dont have any affinity or know how for that.

Anyway an artefact could be made to pinpoint when one is close to you, or a spell for that same purpose.
    Both of these things...hm dont have enough time or resources to rush them so that you can use it within a month, but other people might be able to do so, but its not really worth it.

-Mara

23. - Top - End - #203

Lazarus Technologies

To Super-PAC (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed. Technical data and local capes in exchange for major political movers. And you will send your people to do so as I don't currently have the manpower to spare?

Mid-turn (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trade Tech 1 ad Powers 1 for Movers and Shakers 2 from PAC without apparently spending actions due to their trait.

Edit: Copy and pasted to google docs, added a few clarifications in there, and cleansed this of the two secret things in the case of people reading. Because paranoia. Don't want to explicitly state the Prpfesor's capabilities in this thread, after all.

Spend VIP and Follower to send Lazarus, an agent, and a soldier in to Peabody Labs. Use their abilities (namely the Professor's) to try to avoid any conflict (avoiding FEMA folk and Peabody if they're not on my side), search the facilities for anything (data, files, equipment, evidence, records...) I could find useful in future research or would help me understand the crisis overall so I could try to fix things. If the Labs are fine with me helping out, work with them on all this. I imagine they want their research kept on going in some fashion considering how severe the consequences have been. Probably years of work to create a new life form... Assumptions being made of course, but scientists don't like their research going away and Lazarus is the closest they can find to a successor. Highest priority is not getting caught though. Finding out whatever I can would be helpful but I value my cover more. Disguise faces, sneak there and back.

Knock out anyone who I don't manage to avoid with the guard. Spy keeps us hidden as best as I can.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-11-30 at 02:20 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Limpeza Chama

To the ICPD [p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    <No you've been quite informative thank you.>

<Although I don't suppose you can tell me anything about the recent murders in the Barrios can you? I'd like to reassure my new neighbors that we don't have any connection with them.>

Barrios Mini Mart [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just make a note of the employees. So my people can recognize them later.

Midturn
    Spoiler
    Show
    In my google doc.

25. - Top - End - #205

Super-PAC

Sergei[p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well like I said, not sure we need to call out a mercenary just yet. Just wanted to get a feel for the price, find out if we could afford one if we had to.

Lazarus Technologies[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, that should be fine. As long as you bring us up-to-date on the practical side of technology as well, nothing huge, but the ability to handle small stuff like [4-5 tech points]. Will you have people available for that next month?

Trifecta[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mara? Brilliant! Can’t say I expected to hear from you personally. No worries about the teleporting and shapeshifting, just a shot in the dark. What do you specialize in, if I may ask?

Hero Forum[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    To follow up on my request for assistance against a magical opponent- it’s regarding the museum heist, I believe we’ve solved it. Afraid I can’t offer too many details, partly for security reasons, partly because I don’t have many yet myself. Anyone ever hear of the Phantasm?

Well, in any event, if you want to talk, I’ll be available at the Rotary Club fundraiser. Maaaybe at the Pyre party, but my social schedule there is getting pretty full. Want to meet?
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-11-30 at 07:22 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Super-PAC

Militaris Ordo Cruciferorum Purgatoria Flamma, A Chama de limpeza, The Cleansing Flame[m]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings on behalf of the Super-PAC. As the head of supernatural relations, I’ve been doing a lot of outreach to the magical community lately. We’re preparing for a major PR campaign and want to get to know you so we don’t misrepresent anything. Being the new mages in town, I was hoping you’d be willing to tell me a little more about yourselves. I understand most of your power comes from calling on angels or Judeo-Christian God? Not aware of anyone else with that specialty in town. Few demon worshippers, but that could be a completely different type of magic for all I know. Really appreciate anything you’d be willing to share, we’re always looking ot update our files on the local powers, and it sounds like you guys have done a lot of good down south so we’re hopeful to see more of the same here.
    Matter of fact, I’ve heard you have some of the best-kept magical archives around. Leave it to monks to preserve the written traditions of long-lost cultures! Our own investigations have led us to believe two very ancient magical traditions are operating secretly in town. Could potentially be a threat, if our information is right. Do you have any knowledge of the Children of Yig or Aequitas Rex? Very much appreciate anything you can offer on the subject.
    Finally, if you have any concerns you feel the Super-PAC could help address, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
    Magister Fivsby, head of supernatural relations, Superhuman Politicval Action Committee

[Enclosed is a business card, and a brochure highlighting the Super-PAC’s legal services and activist work for the metahumans community]
    OOC: I have Magic database 2, was hoping [Archives] trait might give you something on these old organizations. Other databases and investigations are leading me inexorably toward them.

Merlin[p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fivsby's voice crackles over the line

"Merlin old chap! I’ve been pouring over these files, and I must say there’s a lot of good data here. Much appreciated! Would you happen to have anything more on the Children of Yig or Aequitas Rex lying around? I have reason to believe they’re in town, and might have to deal wit them soon."

OOC: Hoping your secrets long forgotten trait might have something on these ancient mages.

Mordecai[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fivsby again. Never heard back form you about the Pyre party, probably a little late now in any event. No worries! We’re handling it. Anyhow, that demon of yours, could you ask him something for me? Wondering if he might know anything about Lemurian magic or the Children of Yig.
    -Fivsby
    OOC: Hoping underworld contacts trait might give uyou something on these guys. Already got the basic Magic 2 info.
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-11-30 at 08:25 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207

Kobold

Trifecta

Super-PAC[email]
    Spoiler
    Show

Its fine, i prefer using email or the phone to communicate, the only reason you got Tempest to answer you was that you used our 'mail box' and its up to him to see that those are found, and properly answered.

I guess you could say i specialize in infernal magic for the most part.
    I can also do proper coordination of people during rituals, and lastly you could say me and my buds are good at finding big concentrations of magic whether natural or not, by a ritual being prepared or something else, thats how i found that mana node so easily, shame about it but too many people wanna target that.

28. - Top - End - #208

Super-PAC

Trifecta[e]

Spoiler
    Show
    You can detect concentrations of magic? Well, that's interesting. Think you could track down a group of mages? I know a little bit about their style of magic, pretty sure about what district they're based in, and they probably have some magical artefacts on-hand.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

John Smith

Internal/Midurn [GM]
    Spoiler
    Show

John Smith will be working at the convenience store, we need the money for rent after all. But that is not the only thing he will be doing. He will quietly be hacking into all of the video cameras and sending their feed to Sage Tol'Grim.

As for the Sage? He is directing his bots to install additional surveillance measures around the apartment, and is beginning to hack the most used E-mail servers
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin
    Spoiler: SPAC(p)
    Show
    "I'm not quite sure what you have on them already, since I wasn't personally handling the files, but I'll send what I have off the top of my head. You don't happen to have information on Aquatica lying around do you? I feel like she'll be important soon."
    --Before the dawn of time, the Lemurians rose to rule the earth. Serpentlike folk, they pioneered the use of magic, and used it to imprison and seal away many ancient horrors. These ancient sealed entities can sometimes be tapped for power if you find them, but be cautious. When they stir in their sleep, it is bad to draw their notice.
    --The Children of Yig are a cult that specializes in Lemurian magic, and hunting down ancient artifacts. It is rumored that some of them bear ancient bloodlines from blasphemous interminglings before the dawn of time. Recently, a lot of factions have been hunting them down, quite violently in some cases.
    --Aequitas Rex is the boogeyman of the learned magical world. In the old days, a lot of practitioners and lore supposedly vanished at the hands of "Warriors clad in white, who left behind only flames and the symbol of justice." Rumor has it that they're still around.

Edit:
    Spoiler: Midturn
    Show

gained tech 1 from Laz, Movers and shakers 2 from SPAC
    deescalating fight in barside
    having Mordecai pick up node in my name, contributing 1 wealth accordingly
    Last edited by Mabn; 2013-11-30 at 03:30 PM.