New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default The Dark Descent (PF)

You awaken to a loud bell ringing through the ship signaling your arival within the city of goldhaveh, a safe haven for those in need of refuge where almost all magical arts are accepted. Upon the uppermost portion of the ships deck stood the captain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Players are free to move about the ship.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Dark Descent (PF)

Ushar had stood at the very front of the ship, staring out towards the mainland. "I wonder how many damn elves are out here.. Worthless, pointy-eared cowards." The Orc huffed, walking off in search for something to drink.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xepher the Blaster

Xepher went with the ship's motion, standing in the back, and spotting out moving parts in the sea. With little entertainment, Xepher began to chuck plenty of his patented Surge Blasts into the water. Each venom green coloured blast lifted the water, while it shucked under the graze of the tide. Xepher continued this until approached by Delta, his adventuring buddy.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Delta

Delta approaches Xepher and laughs a little. "You and your ways never grow old, do they? As he laughed a little, his manservant, Idell, steps up behind him, arms crossed and his gaze intent. Idell remains with Xepher as Delta steps away, walking over towards the Orc, not making a move to hide his elven traits.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

5. - Top - End - #5

Xepher the Blaster

Without stopping his blasting, Xepher shrugged, and laughed. "I enjoy the little things. Like endless supplies of blastings."

With Delta leaving, Xepher paused his blasting, and then nodded to Idell.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

The Orc's ears perked up at the sound of the Elf following him. Immediately, he turned around. Staring down at the smaller being with a look of disgust upon his face. "What do you want, Elf?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Delta

"Well, being that you, myself, and those two are the only non-elves on this boat, since i'm not a pure elf, my mother was a human." He trails off, he's not used to talking about his past, and it shows. "Obviously, myself and my companion had a reason for going the city, but i was curious what business you have there. We've still got some time before we arrive, conversation is only natural."
    Last edited by meemaas; 2013-01-22 at 10:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'm lookin' for work. I'm a mercenary. I get jobs from bastards too lazy to do it themselves, or too cowardly to try. What about you? What are you doing here, Elf?"

9. - Top - End - #9

Xepher the Blaster

A green shard of energy radiates near the both of them, and bounces around the tip of the boat. Harmless, it fell into the water.

"I WANNA BLAST THINGS!"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Delta

"The names Delta. I'm a well established dungeoneer, and i travel looking for more to delve into. I've made it through some of the most dangerous dungeons, tombs, crypts, you name it, and came out without a scratch. Its kinda the reason i get hired." He smiles, and holds out his hand. "Over there are my companions, Idell and Xepher. We've started working together, mostly because i get bored doing it all myself."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

While the two were conversing and Xepher had been blasting away, a loud scream had been heard above them what had caused the scream had been uncertain. Another scream had been let forth a few moments after.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

The Orc stared down at the hand that was presented to him, before hesitantly placing his much larger hand on it and shaking. "Well met." Ushar stated calmly, in an attempt to not be so judgmental.

After this, the Orc had turned in the direction of the scream, readying his axe so that he may continuously hack away at whatever beast dared mess with the ship that he was sailing upon.
    Last edited by Tenebra; 2013-01-22 at 10:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Delta

Delta turned towards the point of the noise and nodded at Idell. "Now i think we might have a situation at hand."

Idell

Idell, with his superior senses, turns and tries to locate the point of origin of the noise, and when he does, informs Delta mentally.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check (1d20+22)[33]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Idell
    Spoiler
    Show
    He finds that the noise came from upstairs in the min room, nothing else

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Delta

Delta waves at the Orc. "Follow me, assuming you're interested" He then makes his way to the source of the noise, knowing thanks to his link with Idell.

Idell

Idell nudges Xepher, and then heads towards the noise, assuming the Xepher will follow.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Ushar had followed closely behind the Elf, eyes moving left and right while he focused his hearing on anything similar to the noise heard from what he assumed was a sea creature.

17. - Top - End - #17

Xepher the Blaster

Xepher blasted once more into the water, and then followed Idell, still wanting to blast, but losing the control to not blast the ship.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Upon the groups arrival they had found a pair of horribly mangled bodies, the damage being so severe that whom they once were was no longer recognizable. Blood stained the walls around them. What made this carnage was no where to be seen.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Idell

Idell starts sniffing, using his enhanced sense of smell to try to catch and follow the scent of the creature that did this. While he did, Delta withdrew a wand out of his bracer, and waving it once, Idell's senses became much more acute, and once he caught the scent, he'd start to track it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, first, i'm gonna use my wand of Lesser Evolution Surge to give Idell the Skilled (survival) evolution, to give him a decent chance of tracking the scent. He already has the scent evolution, so he can track pretty damn well with it.

Perception check (1d20+22)[28]
    Survival (1d20+8)[18]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Through the process of tracking down whichever horrible creature managed to mangle the bodies of the two sailors, Ushar remained silent. His strong, large hands turning a lighter shade of green do to how tight he had been holding the length of his axe.

He waited for the Elf to resume speaking until he would as well, not wanting to disturb him and lose track of the creature and thus a potentially challenging fight.

21. - Top - End - #21

Xepher the Blaster

Xepher became bored waiting, and one blast landed on one of the dead sailors. The green aura surrounded Xepher's hand, which faded.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

The body that xepher blasted had soon exploded into a burst of blood and guts, however in an odd twist of fate the blood remained to stay in the air for a mement. To the the groups luck, or unluck the blood revealed the once invisible enemy whom slayed the two sailers within the room, This female figure stood at eight feet tall and had a long serpentine tail that was eleven feet in length. Her long black hair partially covering her face while she licked the blade of one of her twin scimatars. "So you found me, I'm sure you three will make a fitting meal." she chuckled a bit as she looked at idell with piercing yet alluring eyes

Spoiler
    Show
    Charm Monster DC 19 will save

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

The female licked her lips as she glanced at delta her eyes flashing for a moment in a hypnotic gesture towards him, then she turned her head with the same hypnotic gesture towards idell aiming for another shot at subduing him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Deep slumber at delta DC 18 Charm Monster at idell DC 19

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

As the creature's head turned towards Idell, Ushar sprinted forward, using the momentum that he was gaining to have swung his axe downwards towards the left shoulder of the female. The strength of his entire body plus whatever force was gained by the speed he ran being put into the attack that he had launched.

(1d20+13)[15]

(1d8+19)[20]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

(First roll is 26)

26. - Top - End - #26

Xepher the Blaster

Being a man content with the back row in these encounters, Xepher had shuffled around to gain view of the creepy woman eying the beast that was Idell. Oddly enough, Xepher swelled with laughter, but remained a simple goofball, who fixed his sight onto the bare side of the woman. With the big lummox pushing forward, Xepher aimed his green energy timely with the woman, and released an internal will power strong enough to bend his personal universe.

With a constant high and euphoria, Xepher the Blaster empowered his talents with extra effects. He fired off two blasts of writhing, dark green energy that oozed and flowed like venom, both empowered to deal more than enough damage on the weird woman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Psychic enervation roll chance. Anything higher than 10 is a success. (1d100)[77]

Attack rolls, both versus touch AC.

1:(1d20+10)[16][Actually, 17, because of Point-Blank] Damage, empowered: (6d6)[27] +50% of this [31(.5)]
    2:(1d20+10)[14][Actually 15, Because of Point-Blank] Damage, empowered: (6d6)[19] +50% of this [29(.5)]

Total damage is 71, if both attacks hit. 1st:27+13.5+1 2nd:19+9.5+1
    80 PP left, no psionic focus
    Last edited by Savior; 2013-01-24 at 09:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

(1d8+10)[12] Rolling for damage

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Idell

Idell circles around the creature, lashing out at it with his teeth, hoping to chomp down on its soft humanoid flesh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll (1d20+15)[22] (Flanking with Ushar)
    Damage (1d8+7)[14]

Delta smirks and waves his hand, bright golden dust showering down on the Lamia, the range of it managing to be perfect to not touch the others, the dust shining bright enough to try and blind the creature it touched.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save DC 21 to avoid being blinded, and even if she passes, she cannot go invisible, and has a -40 penalty to stealth checks.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

With the sudden bite Idell had achieved the serpentine girl fell to the ground unconscious, hitting the ground with a loud thud a series of markings now being exposed to the trio, what this meant was uncertain to them

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Grinning crazily, the large Orc immediately raised his axe above the unconcious foe's neck, bringing it down after positioning himself to the side of the female. The head of the heavy weighted axe coming down towards the creature's neck, which would cause a decapitation.