New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Bleak Isle and Beyond IC

Do not be intimidated by my stellar cartography skills. For a sense of scale, the longest distance from one end of the island to the other is four days steady walking. If you want to circumnavigate Bleak Isle, you would need five days (It is all smoothed sandy beach and easily traelled whereas overland has thick termerate rain forest and some mountains in the centre (the pointy things on the map). The white bits are coastal rocks and reef, making it hard to make safe landing in large crafts.

The War is over... for eight years it was all there was, all everyone thought of, all everyone talked about. But now, two years after the weary nations signed their treaty the world is moving on.

Bleak Isle never was a colony of any concern to the Kingdom of Ter Nekka. It paid its taxes, it levied troops, it didn't really matter. Now with Ter Nekka and Lasatu more concerned with consolidated their own sundered nations, a little backwater colony not on any major trade route is not really worth considering.

To the south you see the Slaver/Outlaw town of Carnage. It sits there impudently thumbing its nose at the Nekkan Navy, knowing all too well how it is more work than it is worth to try shutting it down.

The wild elf village is a set of longhouses where the Chan'dalai tribe winters. It currently is mostly empty save for some elders and a druid with her companion animals.

The Water Orc Camp is frequently inhabited, as they are nomadic raiders. They will periodically stop in for some repairs to their war canoes, or to sacrifice captives to the water and wood spirits. Currently it is empty save for some grisly trophies hanging about.

You know very little about the abandoned village. Some say ancient Thenesian sorcerers performed dark arts there (knowledge local DC 15).

Strato's Cove is the de facto seat of government, however the local Ter Nekkan governor has received very few dispatches since the war ended. This large town gets by on fishing, selling mast timbers and lumber to ships and offering a safe port on an unforgiven sea.

Mud Hill is a seasonal boomtown. When the lumber camps disgorge their workers each spring, the loggers converge onto Mud Hill and spend their hard-earned money on over-priced comforts. Then destitute, they head back to the camps in the fall.

Spoiler: Knowledge: Nature DC 10
    Show
    The biggest threat, aside from orcs and marauding pirates and slavers are ever-present stirges. Many is the time a drained native elf or orc aor hapless lumberjack has been found, drained dry by the little beasties.

Player Character Class Race Nationality Alignment Gender Recent Activity
    Ashifter Thiadir Rogue Wild Elf Exiled Native Chaotic Neutral Male Squatting in abandoned house in Mud Hill
    RunHideSurvive Richard Axsons Beguiler Human Carnage Chaotic Neutral Male Pot Boy at the Mayor's House
    Hexalan Porthos the Pirate Swashbuckler Human Carnage Chaotic Neutral Male Vagrant
    Keledrath Marcus Enkion Dragon Shaman Human Empire of Ra-H Chaotic Good Male Vagrant
    Hazuki Penklok Famerte Cleric Human Ter Nekka Neutral Good Female Homeowner in Mud Hill
    Bladehunter217 Julian Kell the Red Fighter Tallfellow Halfling Ter Nekka Neutral Good Male Mayor's Household Guard
    Yawielas Lyra Willow Fighter Half-Elf Native (for all intents & purposes) Chaotic Good Female Fresh from the lumber camp
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Bleak Isle and Beyond IC

Spoiler: Thiadir
    Show
    Your reverie this morning has been broken by a demanding knocking on the door of the hut your taken as your residence.

"Open up in the name of the Watch," the voice roars with slight orcish accent.

You have dwelled in this town all winter long. Now that the snows have gone and the Mud River has thawed, people you do not recognize from your day to day explorations over winter have begun to swell the population of this settlement. Already there are more persons in one place than you have ever seen since the Gathering...

your thoughts are interrupted again by the rude banging on the door.

"We knows you in there, pointed-ear heathen! We has warrant to clear you into prison!" The voice shouts again, this time in the language of your own elven people. Yes, that accent is certainly orcish.

Spoiler: Richard Axsons and Julian "the Red" Kell
    Show
    As you toil away peeling carrots in the kitchens of Lord-Mayor Tidol's manor, you hear a small commotion at the back entrance. The short guard... Julian the Red he calls himself? Anyway he is at the door, and the lady standing there wringing her hands certainly looks anxious.

"Axsons! Get back to work, boy!" the booming voice of the assistant cook echoes across the kitchen.

"I have to talk to Jemma!" the woman at the door shouts, and tries to barge her way past the halfling. She gets halfway through the servants' entrance with Julian before bowling into you.

"Please! I have to talk to my sister! My wee Herman is missing!"

"Dammit! You, shorty! get her outta here," the assistant cook yells at the guard. She then turns to you.

"Axsons! Pick up those carrots!"

Spoiler: Julian "the Red" and Richard Axsons
    Show
    It is a typical morning in the Manor. The guard captain, a bitter old dwarf called Boris has given you the morning watch, meaning no chance of downtime in the barracks the night before.

First thing this morning, dawn hasn't even properly broken and there is a pounding at the servants' entrance. No delivery scheduled today, so you walk to the door on guard.

You open the door, and you see a middle-aged heavy-set, human woman at the door wringing her hands.

"Oh!" She exclaims, not used to seeing an armed halfling. "I beggin' yer pardon, uh young man? I needs to see Jemma! She be the chief housekeeper!"

Standard procedure says you get either the majordomo or at least head butler for unscheduled visits. You are about to tell her this when she pushes her way in.

"I have to talk to Jemma!"

You are surprised how quick and agile these big people can be when agitated. Still, it's your head if she gets into the house without warrant, so you try to stop her. As she barrels into the kitchen, she knocks over the pot boy who is scrubbing carrots.

"Please! I have to talk to my sister! My wee Herman is missing!"

"Dammit! You, shorty! get her outta here," the assistant cook yells at you. She then turns to the pot boy.

"Axsons! Pick up those carrots!"

[ooc: You two know of each other

Spoiler: Porthos and Marcus
    Show

As dawn crests the horizon, you awaken to the delightful smells of the common cell you were tossed into the day before. A large man with a well-used mace on his hip.

"Okay!" he shouts, swelling with the little power he has.

"I want you all to line up single file! You will be processed and then you'll be fined and then you will be let out! Move!"

You and the eight other people (ten in total) shuffle out of your shared cell. Mad boredom has allowed you all the time for brief conversations, usually entailing "what you do in the war?" "where you from?" and "lemme 'lone ya bugger!"

[ooc: Meaning Marcus and Porthos are of a passing acquaintance right now.]

As you are marched to a small yard in the back, you are surprised to see a gallows with... 1, 2, 3... 10 nooses. one of them even has a wooden box to accommodate the gnome who was among the group imprisoned.

"Right! We treat vagrancy very seriously here in the fine city of Mud Hill!"

You wonder what exactly amounts to a city in this guard's eyes.

"So you now have been given a fair and equitable choice! Your choice is to stop you from being a drain on the resources of the Lord Fernand Odlar, Governor of Bleak Isle, duly appointed representative of Queen Seramal of Ter Nekka, May She Reign a Thousand Years!"

By the way he says it, he neither wishes, nor cares how long She may live.

"So, you may choose to either take a gracious exit via the means of hemp-assistant suicide, OR you may instead elect to become a member of the Mud Hill Volunteer Public Service Corps! You have one minute to decide!"

Spoiler: Penklok Famerte
    Show
    The knocking at your door is not uncommon. Once word got out there was a healer in town that held no loyalty to either the Blues or the Bahamut temple, the parade of people begging you for divine assistance swelled. Over the winter you had tried to keep to yourself, but after an accident with a small child and a large saw blade, you could not with any conscience not heal the little girl. Suffice it to say, word got out.

You have not wanted for food, old clothes or whatever else the locals in this slum district offer you in barter for a few scant orisons. Luck favoured you when a small clerk in the town hall cut a few corners and acquired you a small hovel in the slum for you to call home. Of course you are now obliged to minister to every hapless person too poor to entreaty the Church of the Platinum Dragon or too proud to go to the hospice.

You know for a fact there is a temple to Olidammara in the basement of the Broken Nail Inn, but it is also in the back pocket of the local thieves' guild, the Old Blue Towers Boys (or "Blues" for short).

The knock is persistent. Finally you dress and open the door. The father of the young girl you saved stands there.

"Er... begging you pardon, Your Grace," he says, blind panic on his face, "but is there any chance our little Cynna were here?"

The girl on occasion would stop by, usually to pester you with her childish exuberance, but today you did not see her.

"Oh gods," he says, "this can't be... we always told her to stay in town, 'specially when the camps come to town..."

Spoiler: Lyra Willow
    Show
    You arrive from the camps overland. It was warm enough that you barely needed you travelling coat. Truth be told it was not a bad winter, you got an extra bit of change and your uncle would be horrified to learn you can now swing an axe as well as any dwarf.

Once you get within sight of the town limits of Mud Hill, a three-person group of club wielding men surround you.

"Welcom to Mud Hill, m'lady!" the lead thug says jauntily. "We are here to collect the Mud Hill Veterans Head Tax. Would you prefer to pay in scrip or coin?"
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus sighs. This was hardly the way he'd wanted to start his first mission. Well, he wouldn't do a lot of good dead. He steps forward.
    I volunteer for the Public Service Corps.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyra Willow

Lyra looks at the three men, considering their strength and number. "Well....I'd prefer not to pay anything, of course, just how much is this "Veteran Tax"?" She discreetly shifts her position so that none of them are behind her.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Penklok

"I see." Penklok says at first, no small amount of concern spread across her lips as they purse tightly together. Her armor already adorned, for she'd be silly to run a healing service while thieves are around without it, she reaches for the helmet sitting beside the door and plants it firmly on her head of red hair. "If you kept a better eye on your daughter, you wouldn't be here. Even just accompanying her to my home would be more appropriate, and, assuming you were a child once, you should know that they never listen to orders! Especially given how she found me to begin with!" She chides the man, as she grabs the crossbow from beside the door and straps it to her lower back.

"But," She smiles at the man. "I cannot let a helpless child stay that way. Come, tell me all you know of where Cynna may be, and I will do my best to find her." She grabs her hefty pack of goods and slips her arms into it, as she steps out of her home, locks the door, and flips the sign from a drawing of an outstretched hand to a closed fist. Better that her absence be illustrated for the uneducated citizens of Mud Hill.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2014-07-11 at 03:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Richard Axsons

It was a normal day in the kitchen's, the cook assistant was grouchy as usual, but then the bundle that was Julian and a very heavy woman flew into him. The basket of carrots at Richard's side goes flying as his hand gets caught on it, sending carrots across the floor.

What's this all about? Richard picks himself up then gets on his knee's, picking up carrots while grumbling "Yes Ma'am. On it Ma'am.". With most of the carrots cradled in the crook of his arm, he glances at the pair, a displeased look on his face. "Wait, your son is missing?"
    Last edited by runhidesurvive; 2014-07-11 at 04:00 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Porthos ponders his choices.

Dead, or not dead. Deeeeaaaad. Or not dead.

"Porthos the Pirate picks public protector!" Porthos yells, sardonically stepping and saluting the guard.
    And so, my children, the time has come to close the book. There will be other days and other stories, but this tale is finished.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Porthos & Marcus

To no one's surprise, all ten "vagrants" elect to become public employees.

"Grand! We are looking for some able-bodied folks to engage in some outdoor activities which will enrich the town as a whole! Report to the workhouse once you collect your belongings."

Penklok

The man, you know him to be Thin Steve (being a common name, adjectives often become unofficial honorifics) leads you to the south gates of the town. The inner town where the town hall, garrison and jail are surrounded by a wooden palisade, but the rest of town is only minimally guard by an occasional guard post.

"She and her mum often go to the wood to forage for what-have-you. This time a' year it's mostly nut the squirrel forgot about," he says, rambling.

"But today she set off outta her mum... my Fiona... outta Fiona's sight but a second, then there's a squeak and a rustle, and next thing she were gone! Fiona looked about for a good time afore coming to get me! We thought you being a blessed one and all you might able to... I don't know, ask them Gods where our girl may be?"

The desperation is all too obvious in his face. The Watch likely would not even listen to his pleas, being a common labourer.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus retrieves his pack and his weapons before leaving, heading for the workhouse.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #10

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Thiadir
    Show
    Your reverie this morning has been broken by a demanding knocking on the door of the hut your taken as your residence.
    "Open up in the name of the Watch," the voice roars with slight orcish accent.
    Ugh. How rude of them to knock and shout so loudly. Wait, is that an orcish accent?

"We knows you in there, pointed-ear heathen! We has warrant to clear you into prison!" The voice shouts again, this time in the language of your own elven people. Yes, that accent is certainly orcish.
    *sigh* Back in the old days we'd slaughter all orcs for sport. Now I have to be "respectful" to them.

Thiadir slings on his backpack,checks his boots for his concealed daggers, and walks stealthily towards the door.

(Move Silently roll if needed)
    (1d20+9)[24]

Once there, he looks out of a peephole/small crack in the door if there is one.

(OOC: Do I need to spoiler my actions since I'm not with the party yet?)
    Last edited by ashifter; 2014-07-13 at 12:21 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Porthos acquires hit items and follows the prison labor gang to the workhouse.
    And so, my children, the time has come to close the book. There will be other days and other stories, but this tale is finished.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Julian Kell

"Don't call me shorty cook. Miss, if you would please not come barging into places you don't belong." Kell rubbed his temples, thinking of any way to solve this without either bringing her inside or leaving her alone. "Miss, If you give me three things, I will do my absolute best to track down Jemma. Who are you, where did you come from and why do you need to talk to Jemma? Don't say because your son is missing, I mean why is she so important." While talking, he reaches a hand to her back and starts directing her to the door outside.

I'm back.

13. - Top - End - #13

Penklok

"Sadly, I'm not quite powerful enough to divine everything that happens. But divinity wouldn't be anything without its mortal servants!" Penklok gives the man a slight smile that she hopes is somewhat encouraging, as she clanks over to the member of the Watch hammering his fist against the door and clears her throat to get his attention. "Excuse me, Ser Guard, but are you one of the jerks, or one of the nice guards?"

14. - Top - End - #14

Penklok & Thiadir

[Ooc: no, and frankly I am not sure why I bothered spoilers either, if a pc meta-games I will just tell them not to.]

Looking out a loophole in the thin shanty walls, Thiadir sees a guardsmen of of orch extract, but half-human. He is accompanied by another all-human, both men carry light maces and look capable of using them.

The half-orc looks at Penklok quizzically for a moment.

"Do you need assistance, err, Miss? I am in the process of serving a warrant. Oh, hullo Thin Steve," he adds differently.

Lyra Willow

The thug in the lead is perplexed by Lyra's response.

"Well I am glad you asked! You give us what you was paid-don't think we don't someone fresh from the camps-so the Revered Veterans of the King 's War are afforded the comfort and recuperation we are due. If you do not wish to pay, you may file a grievance with Hammer Steve here."

The tallest of the three nods and slap his club in a menacing fashion against his palm.

Lyra can see all three look capable in a fight, but knows if it led to lethal arts she had them all at a disadvantage.

It also strikes her how many human males call themselves "Steve".

Marcus & Porthos

The prison quartermaster explains how you are required to carry any bladed weapon in a "peace knot" when within town limits, and takes a nominal 5 gp fine from each.

All their equipment once again is within reach, and the workhouse beckons.

Once arriving they see only six (including themselves) of the detainees came to the workhouse. A one-armed halfing engineer awaits them.

"Greetings and welcome to the Mud Hill Public Service!" Closer look reveals the halfling also sports a wooden leg. He has been through some stuff.

"I see some of my new recruits have failed to show. Well that means you remaining have the privilege of even more work! I am certain if you encounter your cellmates one day on the road, you will thank them accordingly. If however, I see them first, I shall not be so gracious."

The halfling points towards a rack with shovels and picks upon it.

"Now then, onto business! You are going to dig a ditch. Excrement can lead to a plethora of disease, and..."

He goes on for a few more minutes, obviously reveling in ordering about tall, able-bodied folk.

"Now then, if you will please march out of the city in that direction, a nice man on a horse will point you where to dig.

After a short trudge with you digging implement of choice, you reach the mounted man. He notes the quality of gear Porthos and Marcus carry with a narrowing of eyes.

"If you try anything," he tells Porthos, "I shall run you down before you can draw that fancy sword of yours."

"And you," he says pointing at Marcus, "you can just drop the spear right now."

He keeps a respectable distance from you nevertheless.

"Get digging!"
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2014-07-14 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Art of collect maces god England

15. - Top - End - #15

BlackDragon

Thiadir:

Looking out a loophole in the thin shanty walls, Thiadir sees a guardsmen of of fish extract, but half-human. He is accompanied by another all-human, both men carry light makes and look capable of using them.
    (Ooc: I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you meant orcish descent and maces instead of fish extract and makes. Lol autocorrect.)

Thiadir glances around, looking for another way out of the building.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus glares at him, but places the spear butt first into the ground before setting to work.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by ashifter View Post
    Thiadir:
    (Ooc: I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you meant orcish descent and maces instead of fish extract and makes. Lol autocorrect.)

Thiadir glances around, looking for another way out of the building.

Thiadir

[ooc: Nope, he is a half-tuna and goes around making stuff. It is very disconcerting for all who witness it. ]

Looking about, you see the rear window is just large enough for you to pop out of. Having lived here a while you searched already for any bolt-holes that could be exploited.

Marcus & Porthos

You set to the digging, with the mounted city watchman pacing back & forth periodically.

18. - Top - End - #18

BlackDragon

Thiadir:

Looking about, you see the rear window is just large enough for you to pop out of. Having lived here a while you searched already for any bolt-holes that could be exploited.
    Thiadir walks silently to the rear window and shouts towards the guards, "My good sir, I'll be just a moment. But might I ask why I am to go to prison? I have committed no crime."

Once he is at the window he climbs up and peers through it.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyra Willow

Lyra looks at Hammer Steve, pretending to ponder for a moment. Then she sighs, and slips her backpack down on the ground as if to find the money, but mostly so she won't be hindered by it in a fight. She takes a step back, and looks again at Hammer Steve. "Well....you see...this is where I have a problem. I worked all winter for that money. And it would be stupid to just hand it all over to you. Now, if you've said 5 silver, you may have gotten away with it. But now...I think I have to file a complaint. Cause this is highway robbery." She draws her sword. "Are you sure you're able to collect? I know there's three of you. But from where I stand, you're wielding clubs, and I've got a sword. You might be able to overwhelm me by sheer numbers, but you can be sure I'll take one or two of you with me...And Steve? It's probably going to be you."

20. - Top - End - #20

Thiadir

"You are charged with unlawfully residing in an abode with that you hold no ownership," the half-orc shouts.

"As well you are now a chief suspect in the case of missing resident Othok Oddlerson who owns this abode."

The half-orc speaks to someone else outside, then continues.

"You are surrounded. I advise coming outside now, as failure to comply would entail resisting arrest. We are authorized to use lethal force if needed."

He then adds in his broken pidgin elvish:

"You now come out or we have allow you kills with no consequence upon our body."

21. - Top - End - #21

Lyra

Hammer Steve ponders you blade for just a moment, looks at the glorified stick in his hand and blanches. Quickly tossing it aside and knuckling his forelock, he stammers an apology.

"Er... beggin' yer pardon, m'lady! Surely you missed our little jest! Uh... well met."

With a stride that would better befit the moniker Rapidly Running Away Steve, the ruffian boots it back to the town limits.

After a moment, the other associate makes his exit as well. The leader of the three maintains his composure a bit better.

"The Blues don't take kindly to vigilantes, Missy," he says, pointing to a regimental tattoo on his shoulder (it should be noted the men wore only light breeches and leather vests) with the symbol and numeral "QM X".

Spoiler: Sense Motive and/or Knowledge: Local
    Show
    You have no ranks in either, but you did work in the region so may make an untrained K:L check if you wish.

The man backs away warily, not taking his eyes off your blade.

"Thems brave lads with me know if I don't return that you did me in, Missy," he adds, "and we Blues also take no kindly to you offing one o' us."

22. - Top - End - #22

Penklok

"Whatever it is, I'm sure it's less important than a missing young girl." Penklok informs the half-orc, meeting his eyes. "Her name is Cynna and, apparently, none of the guards have seen fit to investigate the matter! You are apparently too busy dismissing a harmless squatter to save a young woman's life."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyra Willow

Lyra watches him back away from her, and keeps her blade bared until he leaves. "I'm neither a vigilante or a murderer. Merely defending myself. Something I'm very good at, in case you get any ideas later on." She makes sure they're all long gone before continuing by a different route towards the splendid city of Mud Hill.

Spoiler: knowledge roll
    Show
    Knowledge local (1d20+1)[6]

24. - Top - End - #24

Richard & Julian

The woman begins anew insisting on seeing Jemma, who is-to you-Mrs. Coates, the chief housekeeper.

Before you can carry on deciphering her issue, Standish, the majordomo of the manor appears.

"You, you and you," he says pointing at the woman, Julian and Richard, "get to my chambers immediately."

He orders the assistant cook to fetch the chief housekeeper, and walks towards his office.

25. - Top - End - #25

Penklok

"I'll have you know, witch, that we are in the process of investigating missing persons even as we speak. The elf in here," he gestures to the hovel "sits in the house of such a missing person. That makes him Suspect Number One. But please, tell me how to do my job some more!"

He pounds on the door one more time.

"You are surrounded. I advise coming outside now, as failure to comply would entail resisting arrest. We are authorized to use lethal force if needed."

He unslings his mace and then adds in another language:

""Sii' n'e ri' lye lle yassen n'uma deno' lye quenat!"

26. - Top - End - #26

Lyra Willow

If the man was trying to intimidate you with this "Blues" reference, it went over your head. as you approach a guard picket, two men with spears march smartly towards you.

"If you wish to enter the limits of Mud Hill, you are required to peach knot your blade and unstring you bow. If you are unwilling to seek accommodation within the town, please leave by nightfall."

27. - Top - End - #27

Penklok

"Gladly." Penklok replies, smiling at the man's annoyance. "Investigating the most immediate case, where there are more likely to be clues! I have an exact location, time, a witness, and knowledge about the victim of the most recent event - which was in the last few hours." She places her hand on her hip and arches an eyebrow. "But if you'd rather give time for the culprits to gut an innocent girl, I suppose I'll have to step in to do your job."

She turns on her heel. "Again, I might add. I wonder where you were, when little Cynna encountered that sawblade? Something to think about." She walks back to Steve and meets his eyes, smiling again. "Would you mind drawing the path your wife took through the forest for me, please? And the time that she noticed Cynna missing? I can give you funds for the map."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyra Willow

"Certainly." Lyra unstrings her crossbow, and asks the guards:"Could you point me towards a decent inn? Oh, and I wish to report an attempted robbery. Three men with clubs surrounded me on my way to town, and tried to threathen me to part with my earnings. One of them was called Hammer Steve. They could be waylaying other loggers, so I thought I'd mention it. Will a peace bond be provided, or should I use my own rope?" She looks at the two pikemen, tring to see if they are wearing similar insignias as the would be robbers. That would be bad. At least my sword isn't bound yet...

29. - Top - End - #29

BlackDragon

Thiadir

Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Thiadir

"You are charged with unlawfully residing in an abode with that you hold no ownership," the half-orc shouts.

"As well you are now a chief suspect in the case of missing resident Othok Oddlerson who owns this abode."

The half-orc speaks to someone else outside, then continues.

He then adds in his broken pidgin elvish:

"You now come out or we have allow you kills with no consequence upon our body."
    "Very well I am walking out now."

Thiadir walk out slowly keeping his hands in front of him.

"As you see gentlemen, I am complying with your requests. As to what I'm doing in this house, I entered it seeking shelter and found no one in it. Upon further inspection, it seemed that no one had been here for a while. I decided to stay here until the owner got back since I had nowhere else to go and it was the middle of winter. Weeks passed, and since no one returned I assumed it had been abandoned. If I had something to do with this Otoik person's disappearance, I would hardly remain here.On another note, I've been nothing but courteous to you, and yet you persist in insulting me in my native tongue."

Bloody orc. What a complete savage.

(Ooc: Thiadir deliberately mispronounces Othok's name. Do you want a bluff or diplomacy check?)

Thiadir looks around to see if there is someone he knows who can vouch for him, or perhaps another elf if he's really lucky

30. - Top - End - #30

Penklok

The half-orc grits his teeth, then motions for the man beside him.

"Keith, take them to the barrack and do what she asks. Your Heathen God Forbid I be derelict in protecting the public trust," he says with enough sarcasm to avoid missing it.

He yells something else in the foreign language, giving you no more mind.

Keith of the Watch leads you the Watch barracks, gives Tin Steve a parchment and a piece of graphite for him to sketch the area.

"I'll see if I can gather a search party, m'Lady," he says touching his forelock. You recall him coming to you to treat some sensitive health matters with his now-fiancé.

Thin Steve to the best of his ability maps out the area his wife last was with Cynna. The edge of the wood southward from town.

Lyra

The guards laugh raucously as you give the description.

"Them guys been at it all week and we can't get a ahold of them. If you want to file an official charge that'll give the captain the drive to ask for a royal warrent," one of the spearmen says.

You cannot see their arms, so no regimental tattoo is visible. One of the men gives you a short piece of twine and and a brief instruction on how to tie it.

[ooc: Use Rope DC 10 to tie/untie.]

"The Giant's Nail has the fewest bugs and the most decent staff," he adds, giving you directions to the watch barrack as well.