New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Reincarnation wars.

If I let the ship makes me move that way, I'm gonna have issues, but it makes things easier too.

Rapidly building a mental map of the ship in his head - map showing odd dimensions and not showing any secret hidden within that ship, but a quick map, usable in order to be sure where to go - Ethan kept on gathering power for the fight to come.

You know, if you want power, I can grant you some, you may not like the price though...

Each of us has hidden ressources... and those often better stay hidden.

In since such a short time and already offering to buy his soul wizard? Tss...

Not that price anyway. And I'm no mere "wizard", I'm a Maje.

I still wonder how you manage to make us hear that you write it with a "j"...
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Daniel gropes around in the pocket of his old jeans until he feels his hand catch around a string, and pulls it out. Pulling out the thin silver chain, it turns out that on the end hangs a finely wrought silver foxhead. "Damn. Is this really yours, Mat? Mother's milk in a cup. It does appear to be. And I think I see some more of your guys' stuff down there. Just gimme a second to dig it up."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Oh, my!" Travis says when he is startled by the sudden appearance of the ocean. Then, he grins and leaps into the water. He swings his arms around gathering his energy and comes bursting out with a funnel of water beneath him. With the water whirling below, he gazes over the ocean from his new vantage point with his sword held high.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nah," replies Rob to Jacob, "Jumping right into it is pretty much standard procedure. We kick some ass and take some numbers, and try to avoid going completely insane."

He stands near the control panels of the ship's bridge, not taking a seat. If trouble finds them, he wants it to find him standing and ready to fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"If the latter hasn't happened already, I sincerely look forward to the former." Jake stated. "Okay, so . . . what do you think this glowing sphere is?" He asked, touching it, before puling his finger back. "Maybe I shouldn't have done that."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Rob glances back at Jake. "Well, only one way to find out. The trick is, next time, to get someone else to volunteer instead."
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Travis.

The water rises about you, whirling freely at your command. You spin your arms, and redness flies to your eyes. A strong metallic taste rises in your throat, and your stomach rebels, trying to force it's way up.

Jake.

Your finger resists your attempts to remove it from the globe.
    When you finally do pull it out, it brings a lever of solid light along with it.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

8. - Top - End - #308

"Agh! Get me out of here!" Travis shouts desperately.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Travis.

You glance around wildly, and through the whirling water below you, you make out a faint ruddy glow. It rushes towards you, and before you can move, you are falling, your concentration broken, falling through a fountain of blood, broken and mangled limbs smashing against your body, your eyes filled with red.

... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

"I get the feeling that madness is relative though, isn't it?" James regretted the words as soon as he said them. What kind of moronic statement was that? He had read enough on the matter to know that the moment someone thought themselves above madness was when they had fallen beyond redemption - the Kantus-Meridian Effect was remarkably clear, actually. Not that he especially trusted 28th century psychology, though.
    Wait, where did you learn that term from?
    D-don't one of you know what that is? Maybe I'm accessing your memories somehow?
    The Hall of Perception suddenly grew very quiet, as both Sylar and Rashek turned to face James with expressions of identical dread.
    That's not from us. You must have gotten that from... before.
    Before you blocked out my memories?
    Something like that. This shouldn't even be happening, or we would have felt the effects of your old self.
    I can go and check the barrier, make a few additions to keep you as you are.
    Uh... sure. Just try to keep all collateral damage to a minimum, okay?
    As you wish.
    His dark cloak sweeping behind him, Rashek turned and headed into the darkness that made up the far wall of the hall. There was a flash of light and the Terrisman was gone, stepped through a door that disappeared as quickly as it opened. Although he only caught a glimpse, James made out what looked like a desert, full of glass skyscrapers. How big was this mindscape, anyway? He had the feeling he wouldn't like the answer.

Getting up and moving to where Rob and Jacob stood around the glowing sphere, James took a moment to examine the energy field. Whatever was happening in his head was beyond his control, but this he was a problem he could fix in his own time. He felt Sylar's Intuitive Aptitude taking over, the functions of his brain heightened to supernatural levels, grasping at a place between the mechanics of it all. When the lever appeared, he just smiled.
    "Shall we pull it?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2013-12-14 at 09:42 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"We could go back and inform the others of this lever we found. We don't know the specifics of this ship but I could understand it if I could look inside it's database. Apocalypse is an evil monster by heart but he has a mind as brilliant as an entire city of Einsteins. I suggest that I not have to do anything else until we could act more responsibly. I apologize I had acted so impetously."

12. - Top - End - #312

Travis flails about swinging his sword blindly. He also attempts to freeze to water around him. His empathy subconsciously lashes out at the mind of the assailant if it has one.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Rob looks to James, questioningly. "Aren't you supposed to be able to take one look at it and tell me exactly how it works, or something like that?"
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

14. - Top - End - #314

And when Erik walked out, he wished he could see inside his suit.
    It wasn't quite Six's suit, it was a little taller and broader, to accomodate for the changes in him.
    He was never really muscular, but now he had the body of one thoroughly boosted by the stripped down gene and hormone therapy of one who had undergone Spartan-III augmentation, one kept in a constant peak of physical condition.
    That was further heightened, by not-truly-existent years of walking around with a adamantium coated skeleton.

And whilst it covered up his back mag-locks, his back was covered with bags of holding.
    "Woh... I think it's starting to sink in more."
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Ethan voice became audible by anyone on the ship :

"I think the watery old man met something dangerous, anyone nearby?"

He launches a rope in the water, the rope going down to the riddles, opposite end kept in Ethan's hand. Oddly enough, through the current the rope keep going to Tarvis.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"We've found an odd lever on the bridge. Oh and by the way, I can sense violent emotions in one of us. I only now just noticed it's from someone other than me. . . . someone needs checking up on, and they are in terror." Jacob stated matter of factly.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2013-12-15 at 08:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Travis.

A echoing scream, the sound of gunfire and knives and rending flesh and tearing bone fill your ears.
    The face of Slaughter appears before you, blood running through his gray jaws
    full of rusted knives, bullet holes where his eyes should be.
    Out of the corner of your eye, you notice a rope descend from the sky.

10 mad kids on a crazy boat,
    Trying so hard to keep afloat.
    I'll snap their spines and gut them all,
    Nail their skins onto my wall...

What say you? Shall you die too?

He asks, peering at Travis.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2013-12-30 at 12:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318

"DIE DEMON!" Travis yells at Slaughter. With all the energy he can muster, he swings at the face that appears before him. The sword is enveloped in white flame.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

James
    As he heard Ethan's announcement, James reached out and pulled the lever. The fine instruments, the calculated will of mechanics were all so easy for him to grasp, but the message from the fellow Namer seemed to predicate some form of immediate response. Such actions definitely didn't suit him.
    A calculated risk, Lord Repositor. I would have done the same, in your place.
    Not that any of us have been on the other side of calculated risks though, am I right?
    Sylar! Do you mind cutting down on the constant commentary? It's starting to get on my nerves.
    Yes sir. You're the boss, sir.
    Of course, he could almost hear the smirk in the evolved human's voice.

Rashek
    He had been walking for some time. The Hall of Perception was long behind him already, his slow-burning pewter granting him great physical speed. Rashek realized belatedly that he also had also ingested a healthy store of duralumin. It was perhaps enough to flare most of his base metals, certainly enough to make use of them all later. The door had taken him much deeper within the mindscape, to a scene with which he was all too familiar. The City spanned before his eyes, great and terrible and utterly empty. The crystal spires rose and fell from the shifting dunes of sand and rust, silvered surfaces casting shadows of light all about his passage. Each tower was a unique construction, the next step in an infinite construction of broken mirrors. Whenever one of the edifices inevitably reached a critical mass, it collapsed back into the desert floor, only for the raw materials to be subsumed in the creation of the next variation. He tried not to look, but there was no helping it.

Rashek saw his past: his birth as a Terrisman on that distant world, the quest to the Well of Ascension, the murder of Alendi and everything that came after that. He saw himself in Kredik Shaw as an old man, drained of all that had made him whole. And then he saw his death at the hands of a young girl, his last conscious thought one of utter despair. Of course, he learned later that Ruin had been thwarted by Preservation, that all had been set right by a fellow Terrisman. But that was what came of existing on the pages of the fantastic. He had come to terms with his own meta-existence years ago. To be honest, everything was easier this way. Everything that had happened to him, everything that he had become even at his lowest point, it was all due to Sanderson's meddling. The movements of a higher power were just so much easier to accept than free will. But he didn't come to the City in order to think of such things - his concerns here were much more immediate. He began to head towards the Heart.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2013-12-17 at 06:55 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

"How long is the range of your empathy? I need a general vicinity, of roughly line of sight or within the same building. And I need eye contact or hitting with a spell bolt."
    The female Incarnate finally speaking up, having spent a long time in a light meditation, simply following long while mentally rearranging everything, forming up a bastion of bristly mental defenses.
    Finally complete the Alien Mutant Witch Princess with Pyrokinesis rejoins the world at large fully
    "I sense no such thing, though I do generally keep up shields against the rather loud thoughts around me. Especially when you lot keep shouting to each other, put it behind a wall for Merlin's sake."
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

When Jake notes the trouble, Rob is ready. Turning back to the spot he stood in when he arrived at the bridge, he speaks the words at the same time as he shouts them at as loud a mental volume as he can: Take me to the one who is in trouble!
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ow, honestly I JUST said to quieten down."
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Rob grimaces at this new voice in his head. Calm down, I'm talking to the ship's onboard teleportation thingamajig. Just try to block me out, OK?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

'Is thingamajic the technical term then? Also unless the computer is deaf I'm fairly sure it can hear your normal thoughts, the one I CAN block out and do so frequently. What you did was the equivalent of screaming in my ear while I'm wearing a hearing aid amplifying the noise.'

25. - Top - End - #325

The mask of Revan covering his face, a black hat planted firmly on his head, one of the swords of the cross buckled beside a lightsaber at his side, and the spears of the greatest Fianna warrior ever to step foot on the planet held in his hands, Daniel steps onto the bridge on the ship. "I've decided to forgo sleep for a little while. Anyone figure out how to work our new ship?"

I think we would be moving if they had.

GODDAMIT MAT, I'M TRYING TO MAKE AN ENTRANCE HERE.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well it seems to be telepathically controlled, at the very least the internal teleportation system is monitoring our thoughts so the actual destination may be likewise. But this is really advanced tech, like Higher than the most advanced civilization in the 616 Universe known to Phoenix at the time of her final death, and indeed any alternate Universe like 503 and such. Without any plans, and an explanation, I could be here till Heat Death and not figure out a single thing, it's on a higher plane of understanding. Like cavemen trying to figure out quantum physics, or FTL travel in a muggle way."
    The bookworm's voice coming from Erin's throat

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Travis
    The Face of Slaughter melts away from you, chuckling as it fades away.
    Not yet, my pet...

The water around you slowly turns blue again. From somewhere, you hear a splash. A small boat appears, Rob seated in it, looking a bit bewildered.

28. - Top - End - #328

Bewildered, Travis floats there in the water for a moment. "Do you know what just happened?" he asks Rob.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

"Dunno. We just figured something was wrong, so I came over to see if I could help."
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

30. - Top - End - #330

Tanar propels himself onto the boat.

"Well I was practicing my water bending when suddenly something hit me and I became submerged in blood and limbs. Then, Slaughter appeared asking me if I wanted to die. I tried to attack him but then he disappeared."