New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation IC.

"Again," says Rob as he pulls himself to his feet and walks over to stand next to Travis, "You'll get used to it."
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"When will we be under the sun's rays again? Only I'm apparently partly solar powered according to Kara and Azula can Bend more flames for some reason. Even underground or indoors...Anyone else find that illogical?"

OOC: how powerful are Kryptonians in this setting? Obviously not golden age with Super Anything that comes to mind. But Superman can benchpress planets and Kara has left the universe by flying faster the maximum allowed (Infinity) while unconscious...And superman caught up by flying Faster than the sleeping girl.
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordChaos13 View Post
    "When will we be under the sun's rays again? Only I'm apparently partly solar powered according to Kara and Azula can Bend more flames for some reason. Even underground or indoors...Anyone else find that illogical?"

OOC: how powerful are Kryptonians in this setting? Obviously not golden age with Super Anything that comes to mind. But Superman can benchpress planets and Kara has left the universe by flying faster the maximum allowed (Infinity) while unconscious...And superman caught up by flying Faster than the sleeping girl.
    OOC: ((I really needed to be told when some characters are so blatantly broken, but I can say that Kryptonians can probably punch through the Force Fields of Star Destroyers in Star Wars or something. Something truly epic, but not quite powerful enough to be classified as one of the bygone eras.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Kara
    Show
    Kryptonians power changes with the sun. There will be a large amount of world hopping in this setting. Expect Kara's powers to fluctuate wildly and even change, depending on the world.

Spoiler: What Rob sees
    Show
    The ship makes your head hurt. You look past walls into fields, forests, parts of cities, even what looks to be a solar system at one point. Along with this their are rooms huge and tiny, of all different times and ages. Clearly, the ship should not be big enough to hold all of this, yet somehow it does. Planer Anomaly flashes across the top of your vision.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illogical? Different laws of the universe? Oh. Guess. I'm. Getting. To. Work!

Why am I afraid now?

Because you should. You'll discover what he did later.

Boy, you ate well since your birth, right?

Err.... I'm Ethan, btw.

Ok, you ate well. That's gonna help both big arms here... Ok let's make it that way.

"Mine usually shut up. One of those found that sending intuitions was less disturbing. Now I'm seeing explanations on everything I see, and I don't know why my nose isn't bleeding yet-"

My work.

"-err I know. And we are..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Right now I have all first level spheres active, meaning I can see ghosts (not reincarnated souls), measure anything at sight, count time as I want, make any number of mental actions (so when I'm talking to myself I keep taking part in the conversation), see composition/living state of anything around me, measure the enthropy, and see the quintessence. I have no control on which one to activate, and sorting those informations use a fair number of mental actions, indeed.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin winces as Hermione gets a good look at Kara's science lessons as a kid
    "Oww. So apparently I have a witch that can literally conjure things from thin air with a stick and some words, lecturing an alien on impossible things. And apparently rocks that form in high gravity are heavier than one formed in low-gravity according to said alien. Even if removed from the gravity and put into a neutral one."
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

It is a simple enough matter, an artificial plane. Much like Sovngarde, in fact. Alduin's words shook the extended space he was occupying - what looked like a snowy perch atop a mountain peak, under a field of alien stars - as they resounded in James' head. There had been a battle here, long ago. Suddenly, Alduin stirred. The elder dragon's coal-red eyes narrowed as he began to shout in the direction of his host.
    Zu'u ni zaamiil. You cannot command me forever, abomination! The words were accompanied by a blast of force, and an immediate struggle of wills followed. But while the World-Eater was strong, this was still a part of James' mind, and thus he was quelled before too long. Wrapping his hands around the dragon's scaly neck, he thrust Alduin's great serpentine body back down upon the mountainside. This was not the first time the dragon had tried to wrest control from him since he had arrived, and it would certainly not be the last.
    Understand that I am in control here. I will not have you making trouble for me now, especially not when I might need your power later. Ziil gro dovah ulse! The words had escaped his mouth before he even knew he was speaking them, and it took him a few moments to realize that he had spoken the dragon's tongue out loud. Putting one hand to his mouth, James began to move towards an unoccupied corner of the room. He wouldn't hurt anyone on this vessel if he could just keep himself together.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2013-12-01 at 11:11 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin blinks as the witch swaps tangents away from lecturing an advanced alien on physics

"What was that? What you said, it sounded remarkably like a combination of Paseltongue and an Incantation. Filled with power but a natural language, unlearned. Oh what I wouldnt do for my Dragon heartstring wand right about now."
    The curious witch moving towards the man

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

"Please stay away! Rah wahlaan! I don't know what just happened... please stay away..." He trailed off, hands held up in an attempt to ward off anyone who came any closer. There was something very wrong here: he did not know how to speak Alduin's language, and yet the roar of ancient dragons threatened to choke him, to burst out from his lungs in a storm of terrible fire. He could feel the pressure rising within, that violent cacophony of hard syllables. The dragon himself lay coiled where James had left him; he could hear the low rumble of his laughter. But just as he could feel the cracks begin to widen, another figure stepped into the fold. A very tall man in a black cloak stood before him, with coiffed dark hair and a pale gaze that could slow down time itself.
    Let me help you. An invigoration swept through him, cooling the errant flames. All of that fear, all of that pent-up rage had been submerged. It was as if someone had thrown a bucket of cold water on him. Rashek moved closer to James, putting his arm around him to support his lean frame.
    Good, it worked. I was beginning to worry you wouldn't lower your defenses in time. My Allomancy can't work on you if you don't let it. Walk with me. He followed the figure off of the mountaintop, and back into the light.

"I'm sorry about that, these new abilities are taking a bit of a toll. What did you say your name was again?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2013-12-01 at 11:12 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: not gonna react to dragon heartstring wand?

"I suppose I should answer Erin, although I'm mostly under control of one of the Reincarnations Hermione Granger. Leglimancy, especially when backed up by a willing participant and a Telepath and our unique situation, allows for quite a bit of brute forced direct control, not the best but it'll do for now. So I'm Hermione, for all intents and purposes.

"If you wish I can enter your mind and aid you, set up mental blocks restricting powers until you can handle them. Passworded to you of course, letting you set the pace of your learning your abilities. I used the same when I lived, though without the self-controls because I had a tutor who could adjust it as he wished."
    A different voice speaking as Jean comes to the fore
    Last edited by LordChaos13; 2013-11-28 at 10:26 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. I think I'm going to try the sight again. See what these others are up to and all.
    You know about the downsides, right? You'll never forget anything you see with it.
    Yeah. Believe me, I have my fair share of things I'd rather forget. In fact... Rob stroles over to a back corner of the room in his mind, resting a hand on what looks like just another section of wall.
    There's one memory that I don't really want to remember. I kept locking it up deeper and deeper in my mind, but I still kept going back to it, until eventually I locked it up so well that, well... I think it's behind here somewhere. I don't even know what it is. I suspect it has something to do with losing you guys, as I don't really remember how that happened. My guess is that you don't either.
    You know, we could probably cut it open and see what's inside.
    Nah. Seems like it would be best just to let it lie. Besides, I don't really want to go cutting random holes in my subconscious. Rob sighs, then moves back to the control consoles at the front of the room.
    Alright, let's do this thing.

He hasn't been paying much attention to the others so far, so when Rob opens up his Sight and focuses it on Erin (who is busy saying something), he's getting his first real impression of the girl. He opens his eyes wide, and tries to take in all the information he can.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2013-11-30 at 04:19 AM.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

Travis says, "Everyone's being too loud. I think I just need some space to just... think." He walks away from the others and sits down in a corner.

I'm sorry that you have to bear my burden. a voice in his head says.

What? Who are you?

I am Faen. Faen'arae Val'Sullisin'rune. What you are sensing is the emotions and feelings of others, but not only are you sensing the other eight people here, you also can feel the many others that they house in their minds, like I am in yours. For now you should rest here for a while you come to grips with your new situation. I will help you calm down.
    Last edited by Tris; 2013-11-28 at 12:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacapocalypse
    Jacob's memories began to return. . . He was surprised that he was such a monster in so many past lives. "Well, this is just smashing, as the British say. I'm sharing my own spirit with four mass murders, and as it turns out, I am four mass murderers." Jake felt somewhat guilty. He had been responsible for billions of deaths, as Shao Kahn, Lavos and Orochi. Apocalypse was likely equally or worse to blame than even Lavos. Lavos, at least, was acting on pure natural instinct and not malicious intent with it's crimes.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2013-11-28 at 01:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Err, Maje?

They called me Enoch, but what were you wanting?

Can you somehow... ensure separation of the "souls" here?

Depends. Can you?

What? No!

Then I'm afraid I won't do it. More or less because of peacefull cohabitation with souls are here. You see, even me can have to bother about preparating before facing people head on. Well, I'm readied to face most part of those, but that's not the point anyway. I won't.

You're not very helpfull.

I'm not supposed to be. At least not in the sense of making everything for you. I could help you to do things, not really do it in your place. Well, I probably could do it. But, again, I won't.

Oh, that makes sense too.

"Err, people... when you talk to your past selves, can you please somehow isolate it? Because there is some people here that can hear your conversations, at least as very annoying. And, even if I'm pretty sure arrogance is the price of power, I don't think fighting each other could bring any winner. By the way, I'm Ethan. Of course that's not my True Name, given what I heard today it's probably around 10-15 syllabes long, and each of those is unspeakable."

I didn't sayed that, and you're wrong.

With a disappointed tone, he thought :

Oh... people can dream, right?

Tell that to fairy queen, make it less gloomy.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin's thoughts and the thoughts of her riders immediately stop projecting
    "Alright everyone with at least one passive mind reading ability raise their hand."
    Her own hand rising

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

You might want to raise your hand there, considering my own abilities. Lie detection and supernatural empathy aren't quite mind-reading, but I've been noticing a lot of cognitive shifts in the last few minutes. My power can apparently pick up on all of that.. Lie detection? That might come in handy later on, assuming he could turn it in and off whenever he wanted to. He did not particularly want to know every lie his 'companions' ever told.
    Oh don't worry, fine control is something that comes naturally to me. Well, at least that point was settled for now. Looking around the space, James slowly raised his hand. His gaze eventually fell on a distant man, one with a decidedly familiar face. For the third time that day, James formed sounds unknown to his waking mind. Instead of taking the form of a Thu'um, however, this time it was a single, inexorable word.

"Rob."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2013-12-01 at 11:15 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I, Apocalypse speak the Mind Speech as well." Apocalypse responded. "What is it you wish to say to Apocalypse?" Jake's past soul responded. Jacob still wondered what was going on. He wasn't sure if he was comfortable with being a person who had numerous evil souls dwelling inside him, that were him.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

While still sitting in his corner, Travis raises his hand.

So, what's this about "housing other minds"?

All of you are reincarnations of various important figures in various universes. You are a reincarnation of me as well as three others.

I am Link.

I am Gandalf.

I am Pakku.

Link and Gandalf? But those are fictional characters!

In your universe that is so, but we do exist in our own universes. The Multiverse is larger than we could have expected.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

The old man, Fate, stands up from his chair in the center of the room, throwng his leather hood of of his face,and revealing hair the color and texture of beaten gold,worked into feather shapes.
    "Can we leave yet? I've been waiting here for a bloody long time. Also, why have you been all ignoring Daniel? It seems very rude."

He points to the young man behind him. Neither Fate nor Daniel were there a second ago... Or maybe they were? It all seems to blend together in your mind.

And why are you sitting in a field, with armchairs in it? Or maybe it's a cave?
    Now it seems like a collection of gargantuan couches, with a wooden ships steering wheel in the center of the floor, which Fate walks over to and spins.
    Did it change? Or was it always like that?

... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Raising his hand, Ethan added :

"Not sure if it's mind reading... but as a matter of fact, I'm hearing that you talk to your pasts. I think it's more soul based than mind. Depending on your powers that may or may not be the same, but for me it's only soul/spirit talking that i can hear. But again, it's "can". I won't listen to your conversations. No, not even in that case."

Right?

I think you're right. Not my specialty, but as far as I know, in your case that's separate.

You're not that good as teaching things, right?

Don't say that before having listened to Sentinel teachings...

I heard that!

I know. And I know they did.

Oh, guess I know what to do.

In his mind something like 15 mind voices began singing together. A nice melody, perfectly coordinated, but nothing else can be heard easily from him.

Good boy!

"I think you should all have a way to disturb reading somehow... but I'm more thinking about reducing headaches, stop being paranoïd. If you're following their instructions on that point, think about that : why should you believe what they are saying? You're in command..."

Ow crap, nosebleed.

And he began to try stopping that nosebleed.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob
    "Um Sir," Jake said respectfully. "I'm confused. . . we don't have a ship's captain, or whatever, I still don't know what the hell is going on, other than that we are all apparently fictional characters or something, or more than one of them at the same time, which I REALLY hate, now that I've discovered I'm several shades of evil. How am I- nevermind, how are we supposed to know what to do other than wait for this ship or wherever the hell we are gets going?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

"I told you."
    The old man says in a exasperated tone, his feet dangling down off of mars.
    "you'll find out soon enough. Haven't I met you before? Perhaps a year or two ago? I collected you from earth? You killed Slaughter? No? Who are you all then?"

You look down, to find all 11 people in the... Solar system? Are sitting on planets, while the old man steers with a stick shift coming out of the sun.

"I think we've arrived here before,"
    The old man says.
    Anyhow, Jacob, what is it you want to know? Didn't the Oracle fill you in in a half hour or so?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Oracle who? Oracle what? Oracle when and how? I thought the laws of physics were in place, number one? I didn't know magic was real, number two, or reincarnation, number three, or that fictional characters were real, number four, or that all my past lives were equal or worse than Adolph Hitler, number five. No, I don't remember anything about an Oracle."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

"I should hope physics are in place! The government does its job, doesn't it? And watch who your calling fictional, young man. Just because you come from a backwards universe doesn't mean you have to be backwards. Now what were you saying?
    You feel a faint quivering, and then:
    Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "Oracle who? Oracle what? Oracle when and how? I thought the laws of physics were in place, number one? I didn't know magic was real, number two, or reincarnation, number three, or that fictional characters were real, number four, or that all my past lives were equal or worse than Adolph Hitler, number five. No, I don't remember anything about an Oracle."
    "I should hope physics are in place! The government does its job, doesn't it? And watch who your calling fictional, young man. Just because you come from a backwards universe doesn't mean you have to be backwards. Now what were you saying?

"Multiple timelines, way of the future"a female voice coos. "join the future today!"
    Side affects may include bewilderment, Befuddlement and hopeless confusion.
    You feel a pulling sensation, and the man says
    "Frickin ads.
    Oh. You really haven't gotten there yet? And don't feel bad about your incarnations. It always sucks for a bit before you get used to it.

I'm sorry Daniel, but you'll have to be introduced later. I'm gonna terminate the time stretch. Hope none of you had breakfast? If you do puke, I'm gonna ask you to do it in a A-time. As long as you don't puke on yourself back then."
    He laughs, and pulls what seems to be a pin from his pocket. He jabs at thin air, and with the sound of a popping balloon, you are back on the deck of the airship, feeling as though your stomach was a pudding in a whirlpool, and your head being attacked by a ogre with a jackhammer. You can faintly see the whirlpool and ogre, as well...
    "Now, just out of the goodness of my heart, I'm going to ask you all what reality type we end up in. Being one of the Powers That Be has it's advantages, you know.
    Any requests for realities?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jake, wondering
    "I'd like some place nice and hospitable, pleasant to be in with little danger." Jake said plainly. "Maybe a Paradise like Eden, but I don't really care, as long as it's a nice place to be in, thank you." Jake was unusual. As Apocalypse he had control over all his molecules, trying to make him puke would be almost useless if done through mundane ways through drugs, poisons, etcetera. Although Apocalypse would be wrong if he thought that people with more power and experience couldn't force him to do so if they were giving an effort.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Firbolg in the Playground

Blinking, Daniel suddenly appeared in room crowded with strangers and a looming feeling of doom over his head. Sighing, he mutters, "This was one hell of a day to go crazy."

As he stand, the floor shifts under him, multiple times, each coming just fast enough to keep him completely disoriented and confused. As he finally gets his bearing enough to open his mouth, the wierd-ass old man pulls a pin out his somewhere and stabs reality, making everything collapse in on itself and drops his back down on the deck on an airship that looks big enough to hold a baseball field. Staggering over to the side, looking like he's about to vomit, he swears and says, "This really was a terrible day to go crazy..."

Huh, you're telling me. Wheel spins me out again and I end up in the body of a lazy bloody nineteen year old with a taste for bad leather jackets. This is my flaming reward for fighting with Rand al bloody Thor? I don't bloody think so.

Damn, I really have gone crazy. And the rest of these crazy bosh'tets are in here with me. Wonderful.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"You ask me what kind of reality I want? I-"

"You're not talking. Period. Anyway I kinda got what you wanted to ask, and I was about to ask for it. A fantasque place. Not gonna use the word "reality" for a place defined by common mind."

Nice one, boy. Big teacher got silent now.

Hope he won't refuse to speak now...

Impossible, he loves hearing himself far too much.

All those thoughts are more amused than sardonic.

Guess I somehow asked for it, right?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd like to put my vote forward for the Reality of Infinite Babes."

Rob turns around for props from Elodin, just in time to get slapped across the face by Eva.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Infinite Babes? I'm fond of ham and pork myself. The Plane of Infinite Babes sounds very very tasty." Jacob responded cutely. The evil, mass murdering former lives all groaned at the pun of the word " Babe". Oh well, they tended to give Jacob incredible leeway since he was technically them, and it was in their best interests to treat him with the best treatment possible. Who cares if he acted decent most of the time? His good welfare was theirs.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2013-11-28 at 09:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll put it this way," the old man grunted. "How many reality shattering revelations can the human body take in a day? Because they seem to have a remarkable lack of talent in that direction."