New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation wars.

But... I... Y'know what? Fine. Just do tell me when you are about to die. I want to give it a shot, at least. One last question, though: Where can I find Logic?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacob looked at Travis. . . "This is odd, they've been gone an awful long time, considering that there doesn't seem to be anyone here."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2014-04-08 at 06:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spotting Jake warp into Sigil in the corner of his vision, Diarmuid shouts down to Erik, saying, "Another one of us has arrived. I believe it to be Jake. Keep going, and we'll catch up."

Leaping off of his current path, he glides through the air and lands atop a building opposite Jake. "Sir Jake!" Diarmuid calls. "If you would follow me, Erik and I are attempting to find Revel. I, personally, am just heading towards where ever Revan says feels most ominous."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

4. - Top - End - #814

"Acknowleded.... Ahh a chimney!"
    Erik swerves to blast through another chimney, filling the street which is currently parallel with his path with soot.
    "Ok, taking bodily control. Erik can't be trusted. Cycling shields...."
    The armors energy shields shimmer slightly, slowly causing him to shed soot, allowing him to actually see rather than having to rely on his AI breaking the suits motion tracker to reveal walls with his movements.
    'Numbers are dropping fast....'
    'Good thing you have healing to revert and slightly more self control than he does... Aleandrea, perhaps we should shift in and out with the nightmare?'
    'And risk loosing it to Revel? It's will is only just stronger than those two and I can tell soon we'll be two.'
    'Good point... Well it's a nice jog at least, if rather old timmey. Wolverine-?'
    'Has control over his urge to party and trash things, there's no girls to f***, and I drink just for the taste. I can't get buzzed...'
    '... That absolutely sucks. Will- of course it will... F***.'
    'Hey, at least there's no virgin vampire problem.'
    'Thank the gods...'
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on? Who is this Rebel, and what is he rebelling against?" Jake asked with all sincerity.
    Crickets chirped a thousand times in one mere moment, and Jacob felt a strange, ominous change in the multiverse, as if a thousand puns cried out suddenly, and were silenced.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2014-04-09 at 01:12 PM.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Very well. Alexander looks inward, letting his powers guide him. He knows where it is he wants to go next. In his mind, he can feel the other souls shifting restlessly in the parallel realities he has restored. All but one.
    You call on me again, Master?
    Yes. I want you to set up a portal network. Set the central marker right here in Eden, under this tree. I want to see if I can't get the attention of some of these Powers. Maybe instead of finding them, they'll come to us.
    As you wish. Aren't you worried about the other Namers coming after you, though?
    Perhaps. In this state, there would be little they could do to stop me even if they wanted to. But you have a point. Start by opening up gates to the Ethereal Plane and the Plane of Shadow, and any local demi-planes that are coterminous with this one. Open up a dozen for now, and if nothing happens, we'll work our way outwards.

Alexander turns back to Slaughter with a big grin on his face.

"I watched you murder Time - I'm sure other Powers might not take too kindly to something like that. Maybe some of them will even come after you. Vengeance or Wrath would certainly be appropriate, at least. Honey is better than vinegar. Now, let's see what we can snare with a trap like this, shall we?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2014-04-10 at 10:20 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

7. - Top - End - #817
    Barbarian in the Playground

James nods. "I haven't seen it from that angle, actually. I don't fly much."
    Unbuckling his seat belt, James pulls out his wallet. "How much?"

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    But... I... Y'know what? Fine. Just do tell me when you are about to die. I want to give it a shot, at least. One last question, though: Where can I find Logic?
    Well now, what kind of an parting would this be if I just told you? I am the Oracle, after all, and we're not known for our straightforwardness.
    Logic is, of course, in the most Logical place for it to be in.
    Now, where would that be?

"Acknowleded.... Ahh a chimney!"
    Erik swerves to blast through another chimney, filling the street which is currently parallel with his path with soot.
    "Ok, taking bodily control. Erik can't be trusted. Cycling shields...."
    The armors energy shields shimmer slightly, slowly causing him to shed soot, allowing him to actually see rather than having to rely on his AI breaking the suits motion tracker to reveal walls with his movements.
    'Numbers are dropping fast....'
    'Good thing you have healing to revert and slightly more self control than he does... Aleandrea, perhaps we should shift in and out with the nightmare?'
    'And risk loosing it to Revel? It's will is only just stronger than those two and I can tell soon we'll be two.'
    'Good point... Well it's a nice jog at least, if rather old timmey. Wolverine-?'
    'Has control over his urge to party and trash things, there's no girls to f***, and I drink just for the taste. I can't get buzzed...'
    '... That absolutely sucks. Will- of course it will... F***.'
    'Hey, at least there's no virgin vampire problem.'
    'Thank the gods...'
    No girls to... Buddy, you insult me! Girls? I'll get a whole goddman harem!
    Now, how do you want them?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    "Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on? Who is this Rebel, and what is he rebelling against?" Jake asked with all sincerity.
    Crickets chirped a thousand times in one mere moment, and Jacob felt a strange, ominous change in the multiverse, as if a thousand puns cried out suddenly, and were silenced.
    Revels laugh fills the streets of Sigil yet again, rolling on and on, crashing around you like a screaming, sobbing, wave of uproarious sound.
    Hooooooolllly crap that's hilarious! Rebeling against who!
    Like.... Like.... Do you get it guys! He, he, he says "Rebeling against what?"
    Oh good god that's funny! Ow! ****, my abs hurt from laughing...
    Rebel! Oh dear lord...

Very well. Alexander looks inward, letting his powers guide him. He knows where it is he wants to go next. In his mind, he can feel the other souls shifting restlessly in the parallel realities he has restored. All but one.
    You call on me again, Master?
    Yes. I want you to set up a portal network. Set the central marker right here in Eden, under this tree. I want to see if I can't get the attention of some of these Powers. Maybe instead of finding them, they'll come to us.
    As you wish. Aren't you worried about the other Namers coming after you, though?
    Perhaps. In this state, there would be little they could do to stop me even if they wanted to. But you have a point. Start by opening up gates to the Ethereal Plane and the Plane of Shadow, and any local demi-planes that are coterminous with this one. Open up a dozen for now, and if nothing happens, we'll work our way outwards.

Alexander turns back to Slaughter with a big grin on his face.

"I watched you murder Time - I'm sure other Powers might not take too kindly to something like that. Maybe some of them will even come after you. Vengeance or Wrath would certainly be appropriate, at least. Honey is better than vinegar. Now, let's see what we can snare with a trap like this, shall we?"
    The grumbling noise echoing around you could have been a derisive snort from a dragon... Or, perhaps not. You just can't quite tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    James nods. "I haven't seen it from that angle, actually. I don't fly much."
    Unbuckling his seat belt, James pulls out his wallet. "How much?"
    Oh, don't worry about it. Not every day I get such an interesting customer.
    Hope to see you around sometime. You take the taxi much?
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

9. - Top - End - #819

Diarmuid brushes off the laughter resonating through the streets, calmly replying to Jake. "As you can tell, it is not rebel, but Revel that we are seeking. If you follow me, I will lead you back to Erik," he says, letting Daniel take enough control to loosen the Predator in its holster. "And since Revel appears to be getting more active, I would surmise that we are getting closer. Once we get back to Erik, I will be going to scout ahead, most likely towards the coliseum."

Diarmuid leaps into the air once more, flipping enough to beckon for Jake to follow. Revan, I require your assistance. Your force sense will be invaluable in locating our target.

I'm not sure how much help my sense will be. It's like everywhere we go, the Force is screaming in agony. Since Time's death it has constantly felt worse than Malachor V, and Surik was rendered nearly catatonic by that disturbance. And I can feel the beginnings of another surge, far off in the distance, yet just over the horizon, as if it is only a possibility. One of many. I might be able to lead you too it, but if it comes to pass, I will need to shut myself off for a while to recover.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

10. - Top - End - #820

Wolverine starts his train of thought, realizes where's he's going, and just gets annoyed.
    'How much longer?'
    '.... Maybe a minute if we go through walls, one and half if we avoid them.'
    'Ok... Walls.'
    Erik blows through another house, it collapses in his wake as he makes a beeline for Revel.
    'Lock me up if you need to.'
    'I will. I don't exactly want him supplying Jean even if I could take her. I'll just be glad Six here isn't at risk.'
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    [Room with Chest]
    "Fait enough" Travis says. Then, he raises his sword and it is becomes enveloped in white flame. With all his strength, Travis swings it down on the chest.
    The sword cuts through the chest like a knife through hot butter.
    A brilliant light fills the room for a moment, then fades.
    Lying on the ground before you are your old weapons, as familiar to you as the fingers of your hands.

... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

Alexander suppresses his annoyance. Using Glaistig Uaine to open up a larger portal network through the Ethereal Plane and into such domains as the Abyss, Arboria, and Tartarus. He omits Celestia and the other heavens, if only because the kind of Powers he is looking to attract are not of the angelic persuasion. Perhaps this would need a more direct hand. Through the open portals, he begins to broadcast images of Slaughter in all of the forms he has ever seen him. Alexander moves to stand next to the dragon himself.

"You know, helping me is a possibility. I saw what you did to Time, what you can do to the other Powers. I'm all but feeding you dinner here, so the least you could do is show me some respect!" He stops. He had not intended to lose his temper - it is very unlike him to do so. Taking a breath and slowing his thoughts down to half their speed, Alexander begins to pace beneath the shadow of Eden's tree. All he has to do is be patient.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

And we're all sure that's going to work out just fabulous.
    A sneering voice cuts through your mind like acid eating through steel.
    Please, kid. All knowing, all seeing sound familiar? Yeah, that's us. I'm sorry, but you'll have to do a bit better then that.
    The voice wraps around you like a serpent, sinking it's fangs into your thoughts. Your head throbs, a migraine wracking it.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jake simply looked towards Revel, hoping to find out this enemy so he could confront it. He still wasn't sure what was going on. "Revel huh? Revel, that's a word that sounds like Old English. Not rebel, Revel. Hmmm. . . "Please show yourself, Revel." Jake stated as a question.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

The moment this new presence enters his mind, Alexander goes into full battle mode. He compounds atium along with the base mental metals, speeding up his thought processes to just beyond light speed while anticipating the next hundred moves his opponent will make while in his mindscape. Thankfully, Sylar's wonderful power of intuition allows him to keep up with the changes as they come. The migraine is admittedly annoying, but his regenerative abilities keep the worst of the pain at bay. He does not try to break free of this new power right away, but forms his mind into a perfectly smooth sphere with no angles of attack. This way, he can launch any attacks outward while still maintaining an optimized defense.

That ploy was a bit obvious, wasn't it? I apologize. But then again, it worked, did it not? Here you are, with me.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Fine. I can deal with that. It's not ideal, but I can deal with it. Thank you for your help, time.
    Rob takes one last look around the closet, then steps into the shadow of one of the musical instruments in the corner, muttering to himself in Latin. A moment later, he reappears in the shadowed corner of his room, stepping forth from the darkness in a suitably dramatic manner. It is, of course, wasted, as nobody is there. Only the simulacra he left to watch the room waits for him, and he reabsorbs it.

Hey War. I've got a question for you. Well, two questions, really. Firstly: do you have any idea where Logic might be? I figure that as your aspect is influenced in a significant part by all the strategy and tactics and whatnot, you might know...

As he waits for a response, Rob walks back through his room's main door, back to the ship's common room.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

17. - Top - End - #827

"Well, that was easy" Travis says. The sword he was using clangs on the floor as he discards it. Then, he takes a hold of the Master Sword and raises it up in front of him. The cold steel of the blade in infused with power and seems to glow with a pale blue. "Perfect" he says. It is great to be holding this familiar magic sword. Then, he hangs the scabbard on his back and sheaths the blade. Next, he lifts the Hylian Shield and holds it in front of himself, refamiliarizing himself with his old shield. He also puts this on his back. Having finished that business, he asks the ship, "Could you take me back to others please?"

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolverine starts his train of thought, realizes where's he's going, and just gets annoyed.
    'How much longer?'
    '.... Maybe a minute if we go through walls, one and half if we avoid them.'
    'Ok... Walls.'
    Erik blows through another house, it collapses in his wake as he makes a beeline for Revel.
    'Lock me up if you need to.'
    'I will. I don't exactly want him supplying Jean even if I could take her. I'll just be glad Six here isn't at risk.'
    Ooh! That's an idea! How'd you like to see Jean again, lover boy?

Jake simply looked towards Revel, hoping to find out this enemy so he could confront it. He still wasn't sure what was going on. "Revel huh? Revel, that's a word that sounds like Old English. Not rebel, Revel. Hmmm. . . "Please show yourself, Revel." Jake stated as a question.
    Why?

The moment this new presence enters his mind, Alexander goes into full battle mode. He compounds atium along with the base mental metals, speeding up his thought processes to just beyond light speed while anticipating the next hundred moves his opponent will make while in his mindscape. Thankfully, Sylar's wonderful power of intuition allows him to keep up with the changes as they come. The migraine is admittedly annoying, but his regenerative abilities keep the worst of the pain at bay. He does not try to break free of this new power right away, but forms his mind into a perfectly smooth sphere with no angles of attack. This way, he can launch any attacks outward while still maintaining an optimized defense.

That ploy was a bit obvious, wasn't it? I apologize. But then again, it worked, did it not? Here you are, with me.
    Fine. See if I care.
    The voice retreats from your head and becomes audible, the sibilant accent twisting through your ears.
    And it's not like I haven't been here all along. Of course I have! Were you go, I go, Alex. And I admit, you've become so much more fascinating of late.

Fine. I can deal with that. It's not ideal, but I can deal with it. Thank you for your help, time.
    Rob takes one last look around the closet, then steps into the shadow of one of the musical instruments in the corner, muttering to himself in Latin. A moment later, he reappears in the shadowed corner of his room, stepping forth from the darkness in a suitably dramatic manner. It is, of course, wasted, as nobody is there. Only the simulacra he left to watch the room waits for him, and he reabsorbs it.

Hey War. I've got a question for you. Well, two questions, really. Firstly: do you have any idea where Logic might be? I figure that as your aspect is influenced in a significant part by all the strategy and tactics and whatnot, you might know...

As he waits for a response, Rob walks back through his room's main door, back to the ship's common room.
    Logic is always were it makes most sense for it to be.
    So, where's that? Logically, if you were looking for someone and can't find them, were would they be?
    This is a rather good lesson in the nature of Powers, actually. Try and figure it out, it'll help you in the long run.
    Ask if you get stuck.

"Well, that was easy" Travis says. The sword he was using clangs on the floor as he discards it. Then, he takes a hold of the Master Sword and raises it up in front of him. The cold steel of the blade in infused with power and seems to glow with a pale blue. "Perfect" he says. It is great to be holding this familiar magic sword. Then, he hangs the scabbard on his back and sheaths the blade. Next, he lifts the Hylian Shield and holds it in front of himself, refamiliarizing himself with his old shield. He also puts this on his back. Having finished that business, he asks the ship, "Could you take me back to others please?"
    Lollipop doesn't even bother herself with theatrics this time, merely sending you to Sigil with a bored "Pop"

19. - Top - End - #829

Six slows as he approaches a row of reinforced houses, after a moment he begins going around them looking for a alley way or something.
    'Try it Revel, see where it get's you.'
    'Wolverine, I know we're just projections of simulcr- Why are we climbing? Just project past. Anyhow, let's not taunt the power-killing power please.'
    'She's dead it-'
    'Is a power currently in a universe where death is cheap. As soon as he calls on a cleric of Sune he could have Jean right next to him, trust me. And it'd be only moments later if he contacted some other clerics... Where are monks when you need them?'
    With that, the projection flickers out of existance, then back in, and out, and in, and out. Each time the Simulcra appears closer to Revel then before.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah. I thought I killed you, Light? Or at least, I assumed you were no longer in the proverbial picture." Alexander isn't sure whether to be satisfied or annoyed with this development. Don't any of these Powers stay dead? It seems as though his intuition doesn't apply to their rules, and Alexander realizes just how much this irritates him. He is used to knowing how everything works. This new state, this unknown, is frankly quite bewildering.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2014-04-12 at 10:49 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Six slows as he approaches a row of reinforced houses, after a moment he begins going around them looking for a alley way or something.
    'Try it Revel, see where it get's you.'
    'Wolverine, I know we're just projections of simulcr- Why are we climbing? Just project past. Anyhow, let's not taunt the power-killing power please.'
    'She's dead it-'
    'Is a power currently in a universe where death is cheap. As soon as he calls on a cleric of Sune he could have Jean right next to him, trust me. And it'd be only moments later if he contacted some other clerics... Where are monks when you need them?'
    With that, the projection flickers out of existance, then back in, and out, and in, and out. Each time the Simulcra appears closer to Revel then before.
    The sound and laughter grow louder and louder the closer you get, till finally they are overwhelming, chatter and screams of pleasure and pain, laughter rolling though all of it.
    You stop in a large clearing, all the buildings which once stood there reduced to rubble, or pushed aside.
    A huge circus tent stands there now, of as many different shades and hues as you can imagine.
    Throngs of people mill around, laughing, talking and dancing.

"Ah. I thought I killed you, Light? Or at least, I assumed you were no longer in the proverbial picture." Alexander isn't sure whether to be satisfied or annoyed with this development. Don't any of these Powers stay dead? It seems as though his intuition doesn't apply to their rules, and Alexander realizes just how much this irritates him. He is used to knowing how everything works. This new state, this unknown, is frankly quite bewildering.
    Light? Oh no. I'm a bit more personal to you, more close to your heart. Don't you know me?

22. - Top - End - #832

"It means to party, basically. Now follow after Diarmuid, for chrissake. I don't even want to think about what would happen if Pain dies. Crudely put, but correct. It would undoubtedly wreck untold havoc on the omniverse," they shout back at Jake. "So turn up the crowbegotten speed and follow after us."

"And Desire, or Revel, or whatever your puffed up ego makes you call yourself in this universe, hear me well. Slaughter perished under my blades. So I'd like to see what a puffed up frat boy like yourself can do."

But...

I know, but don't say anything. And manifest your amulet. I get the feeling we're going to need it

So when Diarmiud lands besides Erik, the outline of a silver foxhead begins to burnish itself onto the breastplate of his armor as he draws his spears and shifts his swords for an easier draw. "Boldly they rode and well, into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell, rode well, three."
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2014-04-12 at 10:39 PM.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Why?
    "Revel, it's quite simple, I want to discuss something important with you. It's true that talking is boring, but it's more fun if I get to see you while we talk, and our discussion would be VERY important."

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

Not Light? Alexander grits his teeth inwardly, but says nothing. He anticipates the Power picking up on it, as they often do, but already has half a dozen defense strategies. He knows that although the more outward struggle is over, social interaction is as much of a battle. There are opponents, usually some form of rule system, and a mostly clear winner and loser. He intends to be the former, and not the latter.

"Well I'm not going to play twenty questions, so you will just have to tell me who you are. But since you're here, can you answer some questions? I have a few things I'd like to discuss with you."
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #835

"Thanks, man! I appreciate it!"
    As the cab slows to a stop, James steps out, looking up and down the street. Leisurely, he walks south and steps into a small thrift shop. The shoes and the coat first... the portrait can come later.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. I'll think it over for a while. In the meantime, though, second question: You summoned up Victory on the battlefield earlier. I don't suppose you know where she is? We could certainly use her help.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

27. - Top - End - #837

[The streets of Sigil]
    Travis is startled when instead of appearing on the deck of the ship, he finds himself in some abandoned city. He reaches out with his mind to see if he can sense the presence of any other minds.

28. - Top - End - #838

"Can you possibly sound any stranger? Doesn't matter. I won't be hear that much longer."
    "So are we watching for friendly fire?"
    "More dominated. But letting god sort them out and those who ca afford resurection works. Anyone here is either very thoroughly dominated and was from the start, or is among the very stupid who stayed once things started going crazy. If we're lucky, not too many epics. I figure that I'll be going reformater hunting as soon as the actual's projection arrives... I hope they've been busy with the idea share... Anyhow..."
    "Well how about we don't be stupid and switch out early."
    "Smart. Anyhow, let's jump on the loud speakers so that actual doesn't have quite so much pushing to do-"
    "Seeking presence, repelling!"

Travis feels his mind strongly rebuffed from a mind at the edge of a see of minds, being told to shut down his search for his own safety... And given directions for aproaching... Which some up to follow the path of destroyed buildings to the huge tent surrounded by them.

"Done... Ok then... We ready?"
    "Ready enough."
    Erik takes a deep breath, his AI turning up his suit speakers as much as possible before bellowing at the top of his lungs into the crowd surrounding the tent.
    "MAKE WAY!"
    Show

Life is Hectic.

29. - Top - End - #839

As Travis starts to follow the directions, he says, "Lollipop? Why did you take me here? Where am I?"

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
    "It means to party, basically. Now follow after Diarmuid, for chrissake. I don't even want to think about what would happen if Pain dies. Crudely put, but correct. It would undoubtedly wreck untold havoc on the omniverse," they shout back at Jake. "So turn up the crowbegotten speed and follow after us."

"And Desire, or Revel, or whatever your puffed up ego makes you call yourself in this universe, hear me well. Slaughter perished under my blades. So I'd like to see what a puffed up frat boy like yourself can do."

But...

I know, but don't say anything. And manifest your amulet. I get the feeling we're going to need it

So when Diarmiud lands besides Erik, the outline of a silver foxhead begins to burnish itself onto the breastplate of his armor as he draws his spears and shifts his swords for an easier draw. "Boldly they rode and well, into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell, rode well, three."
    Slaughter... Dead? Not you too with the jokes! I swear, your team is better then a barrel full of monkeys high on coke!
    The voice of Revel is silent for a moment.
    Then it blares back, the sultry voice of seductress and the fast patter of a ringmaster all at once.
    Boldly, eh? You like being bold? Being hero? How'd you like to be the biggest hero there was?
    Would ya? Of course you would!

"Revel, it's quite simple, I want to discuss something important with you. It's true that talking is boring, but it's more fun if I get to see you while we talk, and our discussion would be VERY important."
    BORING!
    I don't do boring. I'd much rather do this!
    Surprise!

A squealing and chittering fills the air as 25 dolphins in tutus and the faces of the US presidents fall from the sky, brandishing large pistols in their flippers.
    The next moment, you're buried beneath the sweetest, stickiest whipped cream you can imagine, as all of the guns are let off at once.

Not Light? Alexander grits his teeth inwardly, but says nothing. He anticipates the Power picking up on it, as they often do, but already has half a dozen defense strategies. He knows that although the more outward struggle is over, social interaction is as much of a battle. There are opponents, usually some form of rule system, and a mostly clear winner and loser. He intends to be the former, and not the latter.

"Well I'm not going to play twenty questions, so you will just have to tell me who you are. But since you're here, can you answer some questions? I have a few things I'd like to discuss with you."
    Oh Alex, I knew you'd need me in the end. That's why I stuck around, you know.
    As for my name, it shouldn't surprise you.
    I'm Betrayal! Now, what did you want to talk about? Tell me everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    "Thanks, man! I appreciate it!"
    As the cab slows to a stop, James steps out, looking up and down the street. Leisurely, he walks south and steps into a small thrift shop. The shoes and the coat first... the portrait can come later.
    The bell above the door rings as you push the door open.
    The shop is cluttered, the shelves dusty and fairly breaking with the weight of the items stacked upon them.
    The light is a dim yellow one, the swaying bulb hanging by a wire.

Alright. I'll think it over for a while. In the meantime, though, second question: You summoned up Victory on the battlefield earlier. I don't suppose you know where she is? We could certainly use her help.
    Yes, actually.
    I don't think I could make her come if she didn't want to though. She is Victory, of course.
    The last time I could manage it because of the medium, which, as you remember, was a War game.

"Can you possibly sound any stranger? Doesn't matter. I won't be hear that much longer."
    "So are we watching for friendly fire?"
    "More dominated. But letting god sort them out and those who ca afford resurection works. Anyone here is either very thoroughly dominated and was from the start, or is among the very stupid who stayed once things started going crazy. If we're lucky, not too many epics. I figure that I'll be going reformater hunting as soon as the actual's projection arrives... I hope they've been busy with the idea share... Anyhow..."
    "Well how about we don't be stupid and switch out early."
    "Smart. Anyhow, let's jump on the loud speakers so that actual doesn't have quite so much pushing to do-"
    "Seeking presence, repelling!"

Travis feels his mind strongly rebuffed from a mind at the edge of a see of minds, being told to shut down his search for his own safety... And given directions for aproaching... Which some up to follow the path of destroyed buildings to the huge tent surrounded by them.

"Done... Ok then... We ready?"
    "Ready enough."
    Erik takes a deep breath, his AI turning up his suit speakers as much as possible before bellowing at the top of his lungs into the crowd surrounding the tent.
    "MAKE WAY!"
    Nobody listens. Your voice, while loud, only mingles with the tipsy shouts of those drinking, eating, dancing and having sex as they wait for the main event.

As Travis starts to follow the directions, he says, "Lollipop? Why did you take me here? Where am I?"
    The silence you receive in return is almost smug, if silence can be such a thing.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2014-04-15 at 04:22 PM.