New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation IC.

"People can always change" Travis says, but beyond that he has little interaction with the rest of the group. He simply stares outward into stars.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"So, does anyone have anyway to pass the time? Ummm. . . I"m thinking. How about. . . I . . . uh. . . "

"I am the very model of a modern Major-General,
    I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
    I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
    From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;a
    I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,
    I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
    About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news, (bothered for a rhyme)
    With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.
    I'm very good at integral and differential calculus;
    I know the scientific names of beings animalculous:
    In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
    I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
    I know our mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's;
    I answer hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox,
    I quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus,
    In conics I can floor peculiarities parabolous;
    I can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies,
    I know the croaking chorus from The Frogs of Aristophanes!
    Then I can hum a fugue of which I've heard the music's din afore, (bothered for a rhyme)b
    And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore.
    Then I can write a washing bill in Babylonic cuneiform,
    And tell you ev'ry detail of Caractacus's uniform:c
    In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
    I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
    In fact, when I know what is meant by "mamelon" and "ravelin",
    When I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a Javelin,d
    When such affairs as sorties and surprises I'm more wary at,
    And when I know precisely what is meant by "commissariat",
    When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern gunnery,
    When I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery –
    In short, when I've a smattering of elemental strategy – (bothered for a rhyme)
    You'll say a better Major-General has never sat a gee.e
    For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
    Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
    But still, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
    I am the very model of a modern Major-General."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

About halfway through the first line Phoenix twists her own perceptions and that of the others inside Erin's mind (including Erin) to not hear a single word from you
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Upon Rob's approach, Sylar paused. Here was a threat, come to end him if he tried anything. He didn't even need to read the entity's mind to know what his purpose was - intuition alone served that purpose. It was a good thing, then, that his motive really was just observation this time around. Slowly, he raised his hands in the universal gesture of surrender. The smile was gone now, but Sylar made sure to keep his outward demeanor calm.
    "Woah there, I don't mean any harm. I just wanted to get a feel for the mechanics again, you know? It's been a little while since I've been free to walk around in my own body. How are you doing, Rob?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2013-11-30 at 07:57 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #125

Travis smiles at Jacob's singing. "I like that song" he says.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Firbolg in the Playground

Listening silently as Jacob sings through the entire bloody Modern-Major General's Song, Daniel simply smiles and continues looking out over the edge of their bucket while it drifts through space.

When Jacob finally winds down the song, Daniel turns to go talk to him. "It's nice to see that there's another theatre geek among us. You ever see any other Gilbert and Sullivan?"
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jake looked to Daniel and smiled. "I'm not such a fan, it's just easy to remember the whole thing when you have a supernaturally intelligent mind all of a sudden. I can remember every epic math mistake that made me look developmentally slow unnecessarily. Every single one of them. It's embarrassing, but way more than worth it since I have all this intelligent and power."

8. - Top - End - #128

"Oh, so you got smart reincarnations."

I heard that.
    And so did I.

"But in all seriousness, it's good to see that at least someone seems to enjoy having people living in their head. All I want to do right about now is get right the hell home."
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2013-11-30 at 08:59 PM.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"It's actually kind of scary having four mass murderers living in my mind, knowing that they are closer to me than my own family and yet are all irredeemably evil. It's weird, I get the fact that they actually are me, and yet they are their own distinctively unique people outside of me. I don't understand exactly what's going on even after all these explanations, but I can feel it, this is not just reincarnation. "

10. - Top - End - #130

"Eh, its just like that guy over there said," Daniel says, hooking his finger over towards Travis. "Everybody can change. And I mean, I have the former dark lord of the sith living in my bloody head for christ's sake. Ain't like I got much room to judge."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

"You all aboard?" the old man asks. "get into the bucket, not above it, around it, or parallel to it, but in it. This things made to withstand 6th and 7th dimensions, where as you, my fine Namer friends, are not. And I don't want to hear a word from your soul-dwelling housemates, either."

With that, he gives the worn wooden handle in the floor a tug, and you begin to drift down, towards and at once surrounded with the glittering multiverse. You drift through galaxies, then pass through the atmosphere of planets. The well seems impossibly wide, it's worn stone sides barely visible. You reach out to touch a star, and it darts away from you, laughing a cold, silver laugh.
    The moon reaches out to bite the bucket in two, but you drop away from it quickly.

A rowboat, manned by a tall man with a long beaded face, and silver hair drifts by, casting his nets. He winks at you, then tosses the contents of a net towards you, the stars, planets and universes spinning around the bottem of the bucket. The tall man waves as he rows away, and the cat on the back of his boat waves farewell also.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

12. - Top - End - #132

Reaching out as the boat floats past, Daniel calls out, "Kitty, no! Come back to us!"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Reincarnation wars.

"Okay, I can't do this anymore. . . Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" Jake said a very long, drawn out tone, like he had just seen the most confusing thing in his life.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin right alongside Daniel, hand outstretched to the Kitty
    "Kittyyyyyyyy!"
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

15. - Top - End - #135

Chuckling, Zach leans over the side of the bucket and meows at the cat. "Meow~!"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Rob keeps a steady hand, almost completely ignoring what's happening to the cosmic bucket as his vision locks to the skin just below James's eyes.
    "So you do remember me. Does your host? Or are you in charge now?"
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2013-11-30 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

17. - Top - End - #137

Travis lays down on the surface of the bucket and closes his eyes.

So, I know who Link and Gandalf are, but who are the other two?

I am Master Pakku. I was a master water bender from the Northern Water Tribe. I taught Avatar Aang and his companion Master Katara.

Oh! You're that Pakku! Yeah, I've seen Avatar. That's what we call the show that represents your world.

I am Faen, an drow and an empath. That's why you can sense the emotions of others. I lived in the city of Chel and was a friend to Ariel Val'Sarghress, heir to Ill'haress Quain'tana. I... don't seem to remember what happened next. I've forgotten things.

Travis frowns for a moment as he lays there.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Sylar blinked once upon the dimensional shift, taking in their new surroundings with something between fear and wonder. He had seen quite a bit in his time, but the universe apparently still had surprises in store for him. But there was another matter at hand, one far more pressing and immediate.
    Wait, what are you talking to him for? Who is this, Sylar, and why do I know his name?
    He's either our best friend or our worst enemy, but I can't tell right now. Just let me handle things, I can promise you that I will return your body to you in a moment, totally unharmed.
    In the Hall of Perception, there was a pregnant pause as James considered Sylar's words. Should he fight him now, try to regain full control? Glaistig Uaine rested a delicate hand on his shoulder, the cool breath of the teenage parahuman tickling the back of his neck. Four shadows flanked her, three vaguely shaped humanoids of indeterminate gender and one that was more definitively male. Should a fight really break out, she would be ready to enter the fray. But as he thought about it, James swiftly came to the conclusion that there would be little point in a struggle if Sylar was just going to give his body back. For all that he knew about the man's past life, he felt as though he could trust him. There would time enough for questions later.

"We've come to a temporary agreement, and James will get this body back when I'm done. And after what happened, we all worked together to set up powerful mental blocks. He doesn't remember anything, and most of the others are gone. Rashek and I stayed to keep an eye on things, to make sure the transition period worked out in our favor, you understand." Sylar began to move towards one side of the rowboat, in order to get a better look at the stars. His hands were at his side now, ready to throw up a full-strength telekinetic shield. Either Rob would attack him, or he would stand down. What happened next was entirely in his hands.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2013-12-01 at 11:22 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

"go on, pick 'em up," Fate says as the cat fades into the distance.

"you may as well, the're just making the bucket messy."

He picks up a universe up off the floor, watching spin in his hand.
    "and besides, it's not every day the Fisherman gifts a bunch of Namers."

... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

"You do realize some of us don't know what a Namer is right? Ignorance is no excuse except when ignorance is the only possible mental state, I have had no chance to learn what a Namer is."
    The bookworm witch comments, poking a quivering star cluster curious

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ach. I forget that you people really know nothing yet. A Namers what we here in the multiverse call a mortal. On account of them being some of the only beings that name things so prolifically."

The star cluster tickles your fingers with cold light, and darts away shyly.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Coaxing it into her hand, the witch coos at it.

"So it's like the Wizards of my time calling people Muggles because they lack Magic. Lacking the negative connotation of course."
    Nodding, playing with the little shy
    "I think I'll call you Alina, greek for Light." Smiling down at it in her hand

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

The star cluster scoots up your sleeve, onto your shoulder, where it sits, glowing.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Can I keep it? Pwease?
    Its so cuuute

Letting Alina perch herself there the girl returns to the side of the Bucket, she already had a Zone of multiple dimensions and now a pet constellation

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Of course!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Okay. . .
    "Things are looking terrifyingly cute right now. Apocalypse is no match for Cutethulhu." Jake laughed for a second. "So. . . guys, I"m curious, who here has found that they're quality of life has probably been improved dramatically by their empowerment?"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

"Her name is Alina, not Cutethulu. Isnt that right my little Light."

Looking back at Jacob
    "Its a little early to tell dont you think. I mean not an hour ago I was and my computer and now I can fly at am solar powered."
    Last edited by LordChaos13; 2013-12-01 at 10:41 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Eh, for the first time ever I now understand Science far beyond a High School Level. I can build a computer far more advanced than Earth's best super computer, the size of our own PC's worth billions of dollars. If we ever do return to Earth, I hope that. . . wait a minute. . . I'm a little concerned. . . um, Fate, what's going to happen to our family's and stuff back home, I'm a little worried."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

"Having improved mental capacity means nothing if the quality of life from other efects takes a downturn. We are being transported somewhere and without all the facts one cannot make an adequate decision of positive or negative. In the short-term this is more interesting than my computer, but quality of life is not measured on so short a scale."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I just thought of something though, what about your people's family's? They are going to worry why their sons, daughters, boyfriends, etcetera, are gone all of a sudden."