New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default The Road to Casey's Crossing

Introduction (OOC)
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a community world-building exercise where we build a world in-character, through dialogue. Your job is to create a character from an empty slate and gradually, through that character's voice, you will help create the world that these characters live in. It's good to leave hints and plot hooks without fully explaining them - this gives the next person something to build off of. If the previous post asks you a question, you should respond. Otherwise, you can say anything that makes sense for your character to say.

Please claim before you post to avoid ninja posting. Claims will only be honored for an hour, so only claim when you know you have time to post. After that, it will be open to another claim. Each post must be one character, but it can be any character you want. For example, if I'm Billy Bob during the first round, that doesn't mean I have to be Billy Bob forever - if you wanted to, you could claim Billy Bob for the next round, and I could pick up the conversation as someone else. I recommend that you try to get invested in one or more characters, but remember that those characters do not entirely belong to you. If you would like to reserve a character for the entire game (so that no one else can post as Billy Bob, ever) that's okay as long as you're willing to keep posting regularly. Otherwise, don't do this. I, for one, know that I will probably be absent from the board for long periods of time, so any characters I create are fair game for anyone to use. Just make sure to read the previous posts by that character to get a sense of the character's voice, personality, and background.

Please post all OOC remarks and questions in spoilers, as I have done. Have fun.

Thaddeus: I say, dear stranger, might I ask you what you are doing on this country road all alone on foot? Could I offer you a ride in my carriage, at least to the next town? Or perhaps you would simply like a bowl of hot soup to hold you over on your journey? And I do pray that you're not going to Casey's Crossing - may the Gods keep you if you plan on heading there alone this time of year.
    "Life is short and we do not have much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us. So be quick to love, and make haste to be kind."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Road to Casey's Crossing

Soen: Thanks pops, my feet are killin' me. I see your headin' east and thats just fine and dandy, but are you headin' towards Clifton or Jaedek? I'm headed to Jaedek myself...got some business to attend to. Well, none in particular but theres always opportunities in Jaedek. But if you're headed to Clifton just let me off at the fork in the road. Can't go back to Clifton, I'm too....popular around them parts. No need for soup, not hungry, but I wouldn't mind a swig of whiskey if you have any? Don't worry I wont drink it all. Say, your boots are about my size and as you can see my feet are not accustomed to their current bare state. Now I wont ask you to just give them to me, you've done enough already. But you see I have this deck of cards here and we could maybe wager a little, or if you don't want to I've got dice as well. So what do ya say?