New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fortune's Favor II (IC)

"Ah right... lets go somewhere else before we're seen?" The man known as Elias consistently seemed to make fine points...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

"I don't know if I can pass for human or a supporter of any murderer's cause. If we use that plan, then I suppose I should be one of the people covering the escape routes. Hmm, Elias. When did the murder happen? Maybe we can still get a matching boot-print with the prints at the scene of the crime... although if we try that approach, we'd better hurry before it rains. Elias, when you're talking to them, get a good look at their boots! Well, I'd better go and get into position now then..."
    Last edited by Fishies; 2013-12-22 at 12:37 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Orin, Santino and Adrexah all become aware of a set of footsteps approaching their position. It sounds like the individual in question is wearing plate mail.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

The soft, distant clattering of what sounded like someone clanking along in armor, behind from the way they just came, immediately sets Adrexah on edge. She tries to whisper urgently, "Someone's coming!"
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2013-12-23 at 06:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

At Adrexah's warning, Eubert turns around to face the apparent source of the noise.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

It takes a few moments after the noise becomes apparent for the source to reveal itself. It's Samnang, hefting a longsword in one hand and a shield in the other. He glances around, then eyes the building suspiciously. "You seem to be ahead. What's all this?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Adrexah seems quite confused by the man's appearance. "...Samnang? We were tracking down some suspects... What are you doing here?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

"You aren't all the most inconspicuous group. I saw you leave when I came from the tavern." He scratches his unadorned neck before continuing. "I assumed you'd found something important."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

"It's more like a possible lead... do we really stand out that much?" She tilts his head to him thinking about it herself. Yeah, it was probably true, though she'd have to see it for herself to fully understand the presence they make.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomePirate

"We probably do. Eubert, you said the house seems empty. Let's take advantage of the fact and head somewhere else to make a proper plan..." .

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Samnang quickly holds up a hand to forestall them. "There is no need. This house is officially vacant; anyone can come and go as they please."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive on Samnang's previous statement: (1d20+3)[16]
    Then another for the response: (1d20+3)[4]

A hint of suspicion with a mix of confusion fills Adrexah's voice. "What? How do you know? Did you not just arrive in this town?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

"I was only recently within the tavern. They excel at bandying the latest news. They mentioned strange happenings here. I assume you have heard the same, yes?"

Spoiler: Adrexah
    Show
    He appears to be telling the truth about the house.

As for the tavern story, unknown.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Adrexah slowly faces the others, almost as if she expected they knew something as well. "Er... strange happenings?"

15. - Top - End - #105

GnomePirate

"...None other than the presence of the suspected killers, that I know of. What have you heard?" Elias turns to face Samnang.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

"Men clad in armor sneaking in here at night, mostly. That this one is being used is enough for most people. It is supposedly abandoned, remember?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm..." the elf mumbles emphatically. "Shall we, uh... not stand out in the open? Maybe stake out this place then?"

18. - Top - End - #108

GnomePirate

"Good idea. If they are here illicitly and don't own the house, well, we can hardly be thrown out."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Eubert nods. "Well then, that sounds like a plan. Let's move into position."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

"Right... but maybe I should have a walk around first..." If there's any time at all, Adrexah slowly walks around the house, trying to get an idea of its structure and the landscape just outside of it. Chino follows closely behind her, sometimes stopping to examine things he finds interesting.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2013-12-29 at 09:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    The back of the building appears to have an unusual growth. A hard object, close to the ground, that rattles if it is struck.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Well, this is interesting... Adrexah kneels down, bringing her face much closer to the thingamajig, listening to it when still and also when agitated and carefully feeling around its surface.

Spoiler
    Show
    listen: (1d20+14)[15]
    knowledge nature: (1d20+6)[14] if natural
    otherwise intuition: (1d20+3)[11] ...what does she think it is?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Your hand moves over an old, semi-smooth surface. It feels and smells wooden. Your fingers brush past cold metal links the thickness of one of your fingers, which seem to be the source of the noise. Then, a gap in the wood, moving upward and downward to where the object ends vertically, but a small one, ended almost instantly by a continuation of the wood until you reach the horizontal stopping point.

If you had to guess, you'd say it was some kind of opening, maybe a chest or door, that's been padlocked shut.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

The lights go on in Adrexah's head. What she'd found was an entrance to a cellar. Probably.

She continues meandering around the house in the same fashion, for now...

Spoiler
    Show
    When there's nothing else she'll tell the others of the door thing.

Suppose I should also add this... just listening around, you know, in case maybe there really was someone inside the house or someone nearby.

(1d20+14)[27]

25. - Top - End - #115

GnomePirate

Elias raises a hand. "Shall we try to enter? There may be useful things inside."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do we speak of items or information this time?" Samnang asks idly. "Personally, I only hope we don't interrupt anyone at dinner."

Show
    Now you can hear some sort of clanking noise from within the house. It sounds quite similar to the sounds that Eubert's plate makes when he moves around.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

After freezing briefly due to the noise, Adrexah picks up her pace back towards the others.

"Dinner or not, there's someone in there like you describe - in heavy armor it seems. Then again, I don't think people eat dinner while wearing full plate... I wouldn't be surprised if they saw me or are already aware of us by now."
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2013-12-30 at 01:59 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118

GnomePirate

"Information, I would hope, though items like a murder weapon could also -- " He hears Adrexah's words. "Oh, dear. Not a word about the murder, all right? We're here to investigate the rumors of strange men sneaking about, if we're noticed. Best if he underestimates what we suspect."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Adrexah prods, "I'm curious, just how long have you three been in town working with the mayor? Don't you think these men will recognize you?"

The assumption is they've been here longer than she, Eubert, and Samnang, which is probably too long.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2013-12-31 at 12:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

GnomePirate

"We've been pursuing our current course only a few days. My companions are new to Fortune's Favor. I don't think we've had time to accumulate much reputation. Adrexah, Santino, Orin -- can any of you sneak in?"