New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 8: Adventures! Thrills! Groceries!

[Exploration, adventure, disappointment]

All these and more wait beyond the walls of the city. Felix has arranged to meet with Felia at the gate, outside a pizza cafe, because it is such a highly visible building with its tottering teacup shape. From there, they will head out to the forest, and then on to the structures themselves. It will be a bit of a trip; he has a heavy pack full of all the supplies he came into the city with, and then some, sitting beside him.

Currently, the young man is sitting at a wire-like table, tapping his foot nervously. He's actually wondering if the catgirl is going to show up at all. To pass the time he's playing games with the light, but all the little images end up looking too much like things, or people, that he misses, and he has to start over.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Exploration, adventure, disappointment]

All these and more wait beyond the walls of the city. Felix has arranged to meet with Felia at the gate, outside a pizza cafe, because it is such a highly visible building with its tottering teacup shape. From there, they will head out to the forest, and then on to the structures themselves. It will be a bit of a trip; he has a heavy pack full of all the supplies he came into the city with, and then some, sitting beside him.

Currently, the young man is sitting at a wire-like table, tapping his foot nervously. He's actually wondering if the catgirl is going to show up at all. To pass the time he's playing games with the light, but all the little images end up looking too much like things, or people, that he misses, and he has to start over.
    Felia arrives!
    Dressed in her green dress shirt, jeans, and leather boots and gloves, wearing a heavy backpack.
    Hello!
    She greets, her long red hair tied in a bun.
    Her tabby cat ears are visible
    She sits down next to him, grinning
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #753

Felix looks up and waves, grinning. "Hey! Here I was wondering if you were going to show up!" He offers her a pomegranate, explaining that they're good luck before a trip.
    "Nice outfit, kitty. And it looks like you're prepared, so that's all good."
    He's wearing a similar outfit to what he had before, baggy pants with many pockets, a leather vest that's similarly full of storage over a plain tan shirt, and new this time a red bandana around his neck.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #754

Felix looks up and waves, grinning. "Hey! Here I was wondering if you were going to show up!" He offers her a pomegranate, explaining that they're good luck before a trip.
    "Nice outfit, kitty. And it looks like you're prepared, so that's all good."
    He's wearing a similar outfit to what he had before, baggy pants with many pockets, a leather vest that's similarly full of storage over a plain tan shirt, and new this time a red bandana around his neck.
    Felia eats the pomegranate and blushes.
    Thanks. So, where are we going?
    The curious catgirl questions, leaning on the table and facing Felux with eagerness clear on her freckled face
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #755

Felix breaks into his own pomegranate, eating the seeds one by one, and smirks.
    "We're going to the highland woods on the far side of the North Forest. There's something interesting there, the thing for you to explore; you'll see just what once we arrive, and hopefully learn more about it than I have."
    He pulls a map of the general area from here to there, with the location of interest marked, and turns it towards her.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #756

Felix breaks into his own pomegranate, eating the seeds one by one, and smirks.
    "We're going to the highland woods on the far side of the North Forest. There's something interesting there, the thing for you to explore; you'll see just what once we arrive, and hopefully learn more about it than I have."
    He pulls a map of the general area from here to there, with the location of interest marked, and turns it towards her.
    Felia studies the map with interest.
    Can't wait to see what's in store!
    She replies, smiling at him cheerfully.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #757

"Well, let's get on the way then!" He holds out a hand to recover the map and roll it up, stow it in the pouch, and slings on his own backpack.
    "It'll be a while to travel, so we'd best head out sooner than later. And not wear ourselves out rushing though." He returns the smile; Felix is just a very smiley person, and Felia adds to the reasons for it, so far.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #758

"Well, let's get on the way then!" He holds out a hand to recover the map and roll it up, stow it in the pouch, and slings on his own backpack.
    "It'll be a while to travel, so we'd best head out sooner than later. And not wear ourselves out rushing though." He returns the smile; Felix is just a very smiley person, and Felia adds to the reasons for it, so far.
    Felia nods, eagerly following with a grin on her face.
    She is... So far, that is. *foreshadowing!*
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #759

And off the pair goes into the wilds! Felix sets a quick but not hurried pace, and much hiking ensues. If there's anything you'd like to have happen during this sequence, go ahead and post.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #760

And off the pair goes into the wilds! Felix sets a quick but not hurried pace, and much hiking ensues. If there's anything you'd like to have happen during this sequence, go ahead and post.
    Nope!
    Hiking and stuff happens offscreen!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #761

Hiking and travel occur. They cross streams, they switchback up and down mountains, they camp and cook things, sleep and wake and walk on.
    Semi-finally they pass where Felix has informed Felia that he lives. Their destination is some way further, and thy just pass it by, but he does point out a trail, seemingly burned through the woods crossing their path, that leads to it.

Finally, they arrive at their destination. Or so Felix says. It's not much to see at first, just a tangle of vines.
    "There's some sort of giant ruined machine under there. Bigger than most buildings, with rooms and passages and lots of weird stuff going on."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-04-08 at 11:28 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #762

Hiking and travel occur. They cross streams, they switchback up and down mountains, they camp and cook things, sleep and wake and walk on.
    Semi-finally they pass where Felix has informed Felia that he lives. Their destination is some way further, and thy just pass it by, but he does point out a trail, seemingly burned through the woods crossing their path, that leads to it.

Finally, they arrive at their destination. Or so Felix says. It's not much to see at first, just a tangle of vines.
    "There's some sort of giant ruined machine under there. Bigger than most buildings, with rooms and passages and lots of weird stuff going on."
    Felia looks around inquisitively
    Really? Interesting. Shall we enter?
    She asks, smiling at Félix.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #763

"Well, you first." Felix gestures expansively at the overgrown tangle, winks, and takes a step back.
    "You are the rogue here."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #764

"Well, you first." Felix gestures expansively at the overgrown tangle, winks, and takes a step back.
    "You are the rogue here."

Fair point.

She replies, smiling, and enters.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #765

After a good deal of hacking through vines and peeling away thorn-bushes, Felia gets to a hatch, rounded, and halfway torn off the metal hull, hanging by the corner of a hinge. Inside there is a ladder leading up at a 32 degree angle through a cramped tunnel. It is pitch dark.
    Felix follows slowly, a ball of light shining up after her.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #766

After a good deal of hacking through vines and peeling away thorn-bushes, Felia gets to a hatch, rounded, and halfway torn off the metal hull, hanging by the corner of a hinge. Inside there is a ladder leading up at a 32 degree angle through a cramped tunnel. It is pitch dark.
    Felix follows slowly, a ball of light shining up after her.
    Felia enters, like any smart catgirl would do.
    No wait, it is smart, cuz night vision!
    She clambers down the latter, obviously uncomfortable.
    Someone's claustrophobic!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #767

Felix watches her with a puzzled expression. "You know you're going along that backwards, love?" Nevertheless, she awkwardly makes it to the top of the later upside down, and can flip herself over to open the door.
    Well of course there's a door. Sliding in to meet in the center, thick metal, but the left side is already torn open, deep claw marks in the sides of it, and sliding freely on broken mechanisms.
    To the left, a domed hallway, the floor at an angle as the whole structure is off-center. To the right, more of the same hallway, where A dim red light blinks on and off in the distance.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #768

Felix watches her with a puzzled expression. "You know you're going along that backwards, love?" Nevertheless, she awkwardly makes it to the top of the later upside down, and can flip herself over to open the door.
    Well of course there's a door. Sliding in to meet in the center, thick metal, but the left side is already torn open, deep claw marks in the sides of it, and sliding freely on broken mechanisms.
    To the left, a domed hallway, the floor at an angle as the whole structure is off-center. To the right, more of the same hallway, where A dim red light blinks on and off in the distance.
    I like being able to know where the ground is.
    She replies.
    Felia opens the door with some difficulty, and warily approaches the light.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #769

"It's usually below you." The light is coming from a panel beside a door. There's a keypad lock, and a speaker, and a red light blinking 'no access'. A low volume of static comes from the speakerbox, hissing aimlessly.
    "Neat. You know a way through it?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #770

"It's usually below you." The light is coming from a panel beside a door. There's a keypad lock, and a speaker, and a red light blinking 'no access'. A low volume of static comes from the speakerbox, hissing aimlessly.
    "Neat. You know a way through it?"
    Felia giggles.
    I can try.
    She then pulls out a crowbar and tries to open the door
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #771

The door proves resistant to crowbarring.
    "Maybe together?" Felix approaches and offers to add his strength to the prying, which might just be enough to open it. Depends on how strong Felia is.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #772

The door proves resistant to crowbarring.
    "Maybe together?" Felix approaches and offers to add his strength to the prying, which might just be enough to open it. Depends on how strong Felia is.
    sure!
    She replies, smiling.
    Felia's rather strong.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #773

"4, 3, 2, 1, go!"
    And together, they wrench the door open. The red light fizzles out. Taking a deep breath, Felix looks in.
    The room contains machines, some sort of turbines that should be spinning but are just sitting idle, many-colored plastic cabling connected to them. No visible control items or surfaces.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #774

"4, 3, 2, 1, go!"
    And together, they wrench the door open. The red light fizzles out. Taking a deep breath, Felix looks in.
    The room contains machines, some sort of turbines that should be spinning but are just sitting idle, many-colored plastic cabling connected to them. No visible control items or surfaces.
    Felia looks around, interested.
    neat! Wonder what these are for...
    She investigates!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #775

They appear to make up some sort of generator. In fact, if one just replaced that cable there and turned it on somehow...
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #776

They appear to make up some sort of generator. In fact, if one just replaced that cable there and turned it on somehow...
    Felia turns to Félix.
    Hey, you wouldn't by chance be able to replace a cable and power this thing?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #777

"I might, actually." Felix swings off the pack that he dragged in here and rummages about until he finds the bundle of copper and wires. After a great deal of trial and error, plugging and replugging, he's sure he has it all matched up, and sets it in, which instantly causes one of the wheels to start to spin, and shortly thereafter, a white light to come on overhead.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #778

"I might, actually." Felix swings off the pack that he dragged in here and rummages about until he finds the bundle of copper and wires. After a great deal of trial and error, plugging and replugging, he's sure he has it all matched up, and sets it in, which instantly causes one of the wheels to start to spin, and shortly thereafter, a white light to come on overhead.
    Felia applauds!
    Nice!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #779

"Come on now, let's see what else we can find with the lights on." Felix balls up the spare wires and throws hid pack back on, returning to the hallway.
    When Felia gets back out, she might notice that the door the entered from the ladder by is closed again.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #780

"Come on now, let's see what else we can find with the lights on." Felix balls up the spare wires and throws hid pack back on, returning to the hallway.
    When Felia gets back out, she might notice that the door the entered from the ladder by is closed again.
    Felia follows Felix, and sighs.
    She then attempts to open it via crowbar.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show