New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 8: Adventures! Thrills! Groceries!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Yeah, definitely something supernatural going on here.
    Lucia riles, horrified
    "That's what we thought... We found her in a back room, upstairs, if you want to check it out?"

The girl seems ready to lead her there, if so.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "That's what we thought... We found her in a back room, upstairs, if you want to check it out?"

The girl seems ready to lead her there, if so.
    Luxia nods.
    She wonders if she can create divine light as well as regular light...
    ((Also, you can post first in Mallside (in case you missed this earlier)))
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Luxia nods.
    She wonders if she can create divine light as well as regular light...
    ((Also, you can post first in Mallside (in case you missed this earlier)))
    Whether or not she can, it may or may not be effective; depends on what sort of undead she's facing, if it truly is a proper undead.

In any case! Luxia is led up to the back room, on the second floor. It's not a very nice room; it seems to be covered in dust too, and there's a small heap of dusty clothing to one side, as well as small bits of junk, and various battered furniture.

Is... Is that a cat's skull on the windowsill?

4. - Top - End - #244

Whether or not she can, it may or may not be effective; depends on what sort of undead she's facing, if it truly is a proper undead.

In any case! Luxia is led up to the back room, on the second floor. It's not a very nice room; it seems to be covered in dust too, and there's a small heap of dusty clothing to one side, as well as small bits of junk, and various battered furniture.

Is... Is that a cat's skull on the windowsill?
    Miss, did one of your cats go missing recently?
    Luxia asks, gesturing to the cat skull
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Miss, did one of your cats go missing recently?
    Luxia asks, gesturing to the cat skull
    "No... That was there when we got the place. We tried to clean all this out, but it just came back the next morning..."

Well then. Apparently some messes are just more persistent than others?

6. - Top - End - #246

"No... That was there when we got the place. We tried to clean all this out, but it just came back the next morning..."

Well then. Apparently some messes are just more persistent than others?
    Interesting...
    Luxia examines the dust!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting...
    Luxia examines the dust!
    It seems to be just dust! Though if she sweeps some up, she'll find that the pile doesn't shrink, so it's not just that the same dust is being redistributed, but the patch of floor does quickly start to accumulate more.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-12-31 at 03:43 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248

It seems to be just dust! Though if she sweeps some up, she'll find that the pile doesn't shrink, so it's not just that the same dust is being redistributed, but the patch of floor does quickly start to accumulate more.
    Luxia then examines the dusty clothes!

As she enters the corner, an aura of light that's faitly divine outlines her
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Luxia then examines the dusty clothes!

As she enters the corner, an aura of light that's faitly divine outlines her
    Depending on exactly what she does, that may or may not get a reaction; is she just looking, or will they be disturbed at all?

10. - Top - End - #250

Depending on exactly what she does, that may or may not get a reaction; is she just looking, or will they be disturbed at all?
    They will be disturbed.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

They will be disturbed.
    When they are, the cat skull falls from the windowsill and rolls across the floor to her feet.

12. - Top - End - #252

When they are, the cat skull falls from the windowsill and rolls across the floor to her feet.
    Well, that's odd.

She disturbs the clothes some more! Maybe something will happen?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that's odd.

She disturbs the clothes some more! Maybe something will happen?
    Nope! Though the skull will follow her, albeit in such a way it could be mistaken for the wooden floor shifting under her weight and sending it rolling.

14. - Top - End - #254

Nope! Though the skull will follow her, albeit in such a way it could be mistaken for the wooden floor shifting under her weight and sending it rolling.
    She them examines and disturbs the rest of the room, occasionally kicking the skull away
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

She them examines and disturbs the rest of the room, occasionally kicking the skull away
    When she first kicks it, it crumbles to more dust!

Huh. Strange. One would think it'd be more resilient than...

Hang on, why are those clothes moving? And... How did that cattish skull that just disintegrated get that big, and why is it floating?

The person who brought Luxia here has long since fled, which is probably fortunate, given she's now facing what seems to be a humanoid skeleton, the size of a small twelve-year old girl, with the now-oversized, felinoid, skull atop her shoulders.

16. - Top - End - #256

When she first kicks it, it crumbles to more dust!

Huh. Strange. One would think it'd be more resilient than...

Hang on, why are those clothes moving? And... How did that cattish skull that just disintegrated get that big, and why is it floating?

The person who brought Luxia here has long since fled, which is probably fortunate, given she's now facing what seems to be a humanoid skeleton, the size of a small twelve-year old girl, with the now-oversized, felinoid, skull atop her shoulders.
    Ohhhhh ****.
    Luxia comments, briefly forgetting to voice act!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Ohhhhh ****.
    Luxia comments, briefly forgetting to voice act!
    The skeleton... Seems to frown? Not sure how it manages that without lips, but it does, somehow. Seems that Luxelica upset it.

"Are you not here to play, then?"

18. - Top - End - #258

The skeleton... Seems to frown? Not sure how it manages that without lips, but it does, somehow. Seems that Luxelica upset it.

"Are you not here to play, then?"
    What do you mean by that?
    Luxia asks.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-12-31 at 05:11 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

What do you mean by that?
    Luxia asks.
    "I mean I want to play, but you were upset. But now you're not upset. So can we play now?"

Dust pours slowly from the creature's eye-sockets and mouth, faster from the latter as it speaks.

20. - Top - End - #260

"I mean I want to play, but you were upset. But now you're not upset. So can we play now?"

Dust pours slowly from the creature's eye-sockets and mouth, faster from the latter as it speaks.
    ...Sure.
    Lucia replies, unsure of what to make of the situation
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

The Clockwork Fortress

Decker certainly noticed Kal as she was led down the red carpet, but she couldn't just call out to him. Then she's past him, without him having seen her at all, while she's absorbed with trying to remember her manners from finishing school. Since Morgana had actually been her tutor, it would be especially embarrassing if she bungled this here and now.

It doesn't help that she's both underdressed for court and overdressed for an orgy at the same time. She's walking around in sock-feet, for Hades sake!

Decker drops into a curtsey, holding her tail at the exact height and arrangement to show deference. Decker may take her father's place someday, but until then, the Archdevil of the First and Second Circles outranks the heiress of the Fifth Circle.

Decker kisses Lady Morgana's hand. "It is an honour to be here, my Lady."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

...Sure.
    Lucia replies, unsure of what to make of the situation
    Games will be had until Luxia decides she wants to stop playing, then! Nor are there any ill-effects from this... Perhaps Luxia didn't do something the girl did, or the other way around?

Of course, this is while she's playing with the girl; if she stops, well... Things might change.

23. - Top - End - #263

Games will be had until Luxia decides she wants to stop playing, then! Nor are there any ill-effects from this... Perhaps Luxia didn't do something the girl did, or the other way around?

Of course, this is while she's playing with the girl; if she stops, well... Things might change.
    After about their 12th game of Magnopoly, Luxia stands up.
    I'm done.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

After about their 12th game of Magnopoly, Luxia stands up.
    I'm done.
    "But I want to play!"

The undead seems... Unhappy with this. Sad and angry, mostly the latter. Though she's not terribly picky about what sort of games, from what Luxia's seen of her, if she simply means 'done with that game'.

25. - Top - End - #265

"But I want to play!"

The undead seems... Unhappy with this. Sad and angry, mostly the latter. Though she's not terribly picky about what sort of games, from what Luxia's seen of her, if she simply means 'done with that game'.
    Sorry, but no.

Luxia replies
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, but no.

Luxia replies
    The door slams shut behind her, and the dust starts to stir, as the undead girl seems to glare at Luxia, paw-like hands balling up into fists, as much as they can.

"You won't play with me?"

27. - Top - End - #267

The door slams shut behind her, and the dust starts to stir, as the undead girl seems to glare at Luxia, paw-like hands balling up into fists, as much as they can.

"You won't play with me?"
    Sorry, but no.
    Luxia repeats, getting in combat stance.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, but no.
    Luxia repeats, getting in combat stance.
    The undead child howls angrily, a wall of dust rushing at Luxia, swiftly followed by a leaping monster, claws slashing at her arms; if they hit, she should lose her voice, and her vision should seem like she's looking at things through a pane of glass covered in thick dust.

29. - Top - End - #269

The undead child howls angrily, a wall of dust rushing at Luxia, swiftly followed by a leaping monster, claws slashing at her arms; if they hit, she should lose her voice, and her vision should seem like she's looking at things through a pane of glass covered in thick dust.
    Luxia creates a shield of light to hold the dust at bay.
    Of course, she's not powerful enough to keep it up for long....
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Luxia creates a shield of light to hold the dust at bay.
    Of course, she's not powerful enough to keep it up for long....
    Another shriek, and a wardrobe comes flying across the room at her! Seems to be moving pretty fast, too... Probably best to not be there when it hits, unless her shield can block it.

Getting splattered across a wall would be a terrible way to finish her heroing career.