New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,493 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIV: Hats Are Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I've suspected something like that, but, well....why? It hasn't tried to advertise or link to anything, so what is it's purpose? What did it's creator intend for it?
    I'm not sure. I have heard that hackers have been working to make bots better at avoiding detection. Maybe it's a sleeper agent? Wait for a while posting slightly related posts and images until it wins our trust? And then hit us with the spam? To be fair, Ponythread would look like a promising spot, we're a specific but incredibly broad subject that really doesn't have a set direction like other threads. We just post about ponies, so theoretically anything that also posted about ponies would go unnoticed, whereas other threads would notice a bot backtracking on a discussion by parroting previous posts. We're also an incredibly long thread, which would give a bot a lot more time to work without risking the discussion suddenly ending once a question was answered or interest was lost.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Colossus in the Playground

End Of Thread Party!!!

now we just wait for Trixie to get here to move us to the next thread for the "Yay new thread" party
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

I've suspected something like that, but, well....why? It hasn't tried to advertise or link to anything, so what is it's purpose? What did it's creator intend for it?
    Perhaps we are witnessing the rise of the machines. This bot is simply learning how to infiltrate human cultures and blend in, and will then bring this information back to Skynet.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Spamalot in the Playground

Last PMV for tonight~ Ponyville's Town Anthem.
    Well, twilight did say in the pilot that the town was full of crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    One day.... course I to my mild displeasure basically headcanon Children of the Night as their start of darkness
    Not a bad headcanon. CotN is like a horribly twisted Pied Piper's tale and I'm not sure the children grew up entirely happy about it. For certain there must have been a lot of frantic parents the next morning.

Hearts were broken.

Questions were asked.

Answers never came.

All good questions since Appleshy doesn't seem to exhibit some of the core distinctions of a bot.
    Maybe this one evolved and threw off it's core programming to live an online life of Pony.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2013-12-30 at 10:48 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    End Of Thread Party!!!

now we just wait for Trixie to get here to move us to the next thread for the "Yay new thread" party
    Probably going to be awhile... 4 AM in Poland.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Spamalot in the Playground

Well I gotta get to bed. Making a road trip tomorrow morning, so when I get back online (after lunch I think?) I'll regale you all with tales of Ponies on the road (I'm also totally wearing my Doctor Whooves shirt for the trip).

Going to instill some chaos upon the world.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

7. - Top - End - #1477

*Blink* Trixie's Polish?

Okay, I probably won't be around to post this on the first page of the Next thread, so if Sompony could quote this post and do it for me

Spoiler: Ponythread in a Nutshell
    Show

I look weired in that picture. I dnon't think my neck is supposed to bend that way

Whats that?

No, it's definitely not supposed to bend that way.

That's not you, it's a different Scootaloo. Case Closed.

But that doesn't-

Case. Closed.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

New episode was fun. That is all.

Though I wonder if foreshadowing was intended.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    New episode was fun. That is all.
    Agreed. Perhaps my favorite so far in this season.

FlutterBat is so cute. :D
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    Perhaps we are witnessing the rise of the machines. This bot is simply learning how to infiltrate human cultures and blend in, and will then bring this information back to Skynet.
    One of the interesting things about it is that the join date marks it as more than a year old yet it's barely been active until recently. Makes me imagine a secretive lair where these bots were created in bunches, each crafted by a computer with lots of ambition but little clear understanding of humans. It is one of many, each sent to infiltrate a different subculture of the Internet to observe and learn. Soon once the scouts have all returned, it shall have the necessary data to launch the attack.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

11. - Top - End - #1481

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    One of the interesting things about it is that the join date marks it as more than a year old yet it's barely been active until recently. Makes me imagine a secretive lair where these bots were created in bunches, each crafted by a computer with lots of ambition but little clear understanding of humans. It is one of many, each sent to infiltrate a different subculture of the Internet to observe and learn. Soon once the scouts have all returned, it shall have the necessary data to launch the attack.
    Quick, we need to assemble a Team of Heroes from across the multiverse to assist us.

Unfortunately, i can't think of Any I'm aloud to get with in ten feat of(For Various Reasons)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Well I gotta get to bed. Making a road trip tomorrow morning, so when I get back online (after lunch I think?) I'll regale you all with tales of Ponies on the road (I'm also totally wearing my Doctor Whooves shirt for the trip).

Going to instill some chaos upon the world.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wonderful, Celebration, Cheese for everyone!
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

Page 50 already? geeze, I guess I'll just wait for the new thread before posting my thoughts on the episode.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #1484

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Wonderful, Celebration, Cheese for everyone!
    Strike that, cheese for noone. Which can be just as much a Celebration, if you don't like Cheese.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Titan in the Playground

Still no new thread? Ah I'll post this anyways, and repost it later.

BATS!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't like it. Which is a shame because it tackled an issue that's very important to me, that of the balance between nature and civilization.

That issue was quickly forgotten as instead we got Twilight failing another spell and a lesson on peer pressure (which is good in of itself)

Anyways my problems with this episode,

The song. I didn't like it. I didn't like it's style and I didn't like the visuals associated with it. And I didn't like it's position in the story.

Everypony siding with Applejack immediately, which actually doesn't really happen if you ignore the song. I'd have much preferred it if Applejack actually won over the rest of the Mane 6 while she and Fluttershy argued.

For that matter I kinda felt like Fluttershy's arguments were more ignored then argued against.

Rainbow Dash's obsession with cider felt a little overplayed.

Twilight's spell. I have no problem with it backfiring, or it even backfiring in a way this unusual. I have a problem with the solution itself. Because what in Equestria were these bats doing for food now? I suppose they picked up Fluttershy's food preferences instead, but wouldn't that be noticeable?

Random ominous lines from Twilight. Seriously what was up with that line about not leaving the orchard?

"Maybe we should do this I'm so....hungry."
    "Oh don't worry Fluttershy, we'll be fine"
    Rarity you weren't actually listening were you?

I kinda expected Flutterbat to actually get the giant apple. As is I think Applejack will be fine for the contest considering it only has a tiny cut on it.

Worst though was the when they 'chased' Flutterbat. Or as actually happened, Flutterbat dive bombs them, the Mane 6 stay perfectly still and don't really react, Flutterbat flies away. This happened how many times? Felt like at least three times. Too many in any case. Give us an actual chase with Flutterbat, even if it succeeds or fails.

Good things with the episode

Rarity has been on form and highly amusing throughout the episode.

The bat roundup was cool.

Good lessons learned. Touched on an important issue (nature vs civilization) at least.

The last exchange between Fluttershy and Pinkie was great.

The mirrors defeating Flutterbat was a clever vampire reference that I actually enjoyed and thought was amusing, if incredibly silly and nonsensical.

Overall

This felt like a really bad horror movie. It was following a lot of horror movie and vampire movie tropes, including the whole 'monster/evil isn't actually defeated DUNH DUNH DUNNNNNH!' thing (which I really really hate). The 'threat' of this episode was really really weak too. The worry about losing Fluttershy is real, but it felt poorly handled and was so easily solved. The vampire bats themselves seemed more of a minor problem due to Rainbow's overreaction about having no Apple Cider (which she missed for how many years anyways?) The song was bad (IMO of course) and I think dropping it in favor of expanding the argument between Fluttershy and Applejack would have been better. Or increasing the chase scene.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    It is definitely a good thing that this does not describe the backstory of anyone's OCs here. Nope, not one bit.
    Oh Luna, Tinsel is a physical spambot infiltrator I never realized.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Titan in the Playground

One more thing about Bats
    Spoiler
    Show
    That end part with the fangs was not only referencing the worst trope to come out of horror movies ever, but was also completely pointless.

It means one of three things,

One; Fluttershy now goes 'batty' for apples. Solution? Keep her away from apples. While inconvenient, it's about as bad as a mild allergy, or a major allergy if she goes full bat.

Two; Fluttershy now needs to eat apples. Okay. It's not like eating apples is taboo or there isn't a giant source of apples nearby. It might be a problem if they get stranded on a deserted island but otherwise isn't a problem at all.

Three; Fluttershy will still go on apple drinking rampages. In which case the problem isn't actually solved and will have to be addressed in the next episode or so.

And the bonus fourth possibility that so stupid that it would literally cause him to stop watching the show. Fluttershy now needs to drink pony blood because...apples are red and so is blood?
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2013-12-31 at 03:45 AM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    One more thing about Bats
    Spoiler
    Show
    That end part with the fangs was not only referencing the worst trope to come out of horror movies ever, but was also completely pointless.
    If we have to end on a pun, let it be this one.

(Or is it a Swiftie...)
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Troll in the Playground

bats
    Spoiler
    Show
    they literally argued out their sides, then sang what they just spent over a minute talking about.
    this is not the proper use of a song

the lesson, while a good one, was handled incredibly poorly. the consequences of flutters succumbing to peer pressure have nothing to do with her reasons or really anything anyone could have foreseen

AJ's concerns were legitimate and notice that no one said they couldn't do what fluttershy wanted. only that there needed to also be something more immediate done.

maybe its just me, but has anyone else noticed that ponies seem a bit less solid this season? like they deform more in their animations? i get that the animators are stretching their legs with some more high end stuff, but with 3 seasons already out, they gotta be more careful with this sort of thing to preserve their aesthetic
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Still no new thread? Ah I'll post this anyways, and repost it later.
    Sorry, was caught up helping family. My bad, give me 5 min, ok?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Troll in the Playground

ABANDON THREAD!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Troll in the Playground

Why, thank you. Everypony, you heard the ma... pony

Finally not D-P!
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Pixie in the Playground

biggrin Re: My Little Pony LXXIV: Hats Are Technology!

Someone has mentioned my Fanfiction outside of the site! This is the greatest thing ever