New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] Backstage: CUT!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    "Climbing" The machine's voice called out, Lone Star's grin growing crazier by the second. "1000 feet. 3000 feet. 6000 feet..."

THIS IS AWESOOOOME!!!!
    Emseralda was squealing and laughing too much to notice the crazed grin. Yep, she's definitely enjoying this.

Though one wonders what happened when they start running out of oxygen...

Wrench sighed and rubbed his forehead. ...I'll buy. Gimme a bit to recalibrate my locator.

Good thing they weren't on the other side of the bar, or they might have seen the smoke trail.
    Good thing indeed! Without further prompting, Shell Shock kicked open the door to the bar and rushed for the counter. "Barkeep! Whiskey, the best you got!"

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"There is just something vexing about you that drives me to cheese. Is it your crisp, keen blue eyes? Or something else I cannot surmise? You can be as harsh as a blizzard, yet gentle like falling snowflake, either way you make my heart ache."
    Fox then grinned all proud and derpy like. "Not a bad start eh?"
    Icy laughed. Look liked she enjoyed it quite a bit. "Not bad at all. How long did you spend on this particular snippet, hmmm?" she asked.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Emseralda was squealing and laughing too much to notice the crazed grin. Yep, she's definitely enjoying this.

Though one wonders what happened when they start running out of oxygen...
    Fortunately for them, that doesn't start happening till around 10,000 feet, and the robot was pressurized anyway. What, did you think someone would build a machine that could get that high WITHOUT making it survivable?

Hey, is it getting harder to breathe?

...Then again, it IS Wrench. The guy who decided to make the tracking device in the machine directable.

Oh wait, altitude. Lemme just slow it down a bit...
    Good thing indeed! Without further prompting, Shell Shock kicked open the door to the bar and rushed for the counter. "Barkeep! Whiskey, the best you got!"
    The barkeep stared at the overeager scoltish demopony for a few moments before grinning sheepishly. "Uh, sorry sir. We don't serve whiskey here. It was outlawed."
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-03-08 at 12:47 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy would come to find one, in his size, filly equivalent.
    Sandy took off his scarf and hat, slipped the tiny vest over his slender frame, and donned a little round usher's cap. A little straightening here, a little tighter there, and the outfit fit him to a T. He turned on a hoof and stood at attention for Night Jewel and Miss Prompter's inspection. "How's it look? T'ain't too messy 'round th' middle, is it? I tried smoothin' it out as best as I could..." He gnawed his lip anxiously.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tavern

"The general lack of nobles and their little games is one of the unexpected benefits of the town,"
    Staccata adds before finishing off her tea. She's holding her tongue on how easy it is to distinguish booze-cider from regular just to see where this whole thing is going. (it's the foam)

"The one that is around is drunk and harmless enough. Most of the time. Easy enough to manipulate."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Next time, please poke first.))

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "There isn't much afterward, but I'll go on."

"I think it was that day. Zaros...he never gave our combined threat much credence, I think. He hated Taylor, he respected Moonlight, and he definitely tried to avoid Moonshine. But he never really feared any of us until I killed him. Whether any of it was worth it or justified simply isn't for me to say."

"I can say it. Worth it. Justified. Moving on."
    "Huh! Thought for sure he'd end up in the magma there," Blades said, sounding a bit disappointed.

"Well, from what I hear, dyin' sure did him good. I don't know much 'sides what he did to Stellar 'n how he's friends with that other lil' filly, but he sounds better already. Lots of ponies get more likeable after ya put a few daggers in 'em."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "We could...try wrapping it around a hind leg? Like a vine?"
    "That could work."

Flare scooped up some snow and, with effort, formed an uneven tail wrapping a bit around the left leg.

"...Apparently, it is less easy than I thought."

Lemongrass just grinned at Blueshield. "Oh, don't you worry there, Knight-Commander. I got you the non-alcoholic version. Though if you want to try... it's really the superior version, the real thing." Of course Tyrol facehoofing behind him was just icing on the cake.
    "Good. Thank you for the consideration."

Blueshield took a cautious sip, then seemed slightly calmer. "A perfectly acceptable beverage. I do not need my discretion and mental acuity debilitated to appreciate it."

"If I can ask, Commander, what sorts of occasions do you usually drink during, if any?"
    "None at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Prose lets out a sharp, barking laugh of mirthful amusement. "Oh, nothing beats 'foalsitting.' Especially when it's a frumpy noble who thinks they know how to do your job better than you do."

Prose saunters around a bit, a wing pressed to his chest as he assumed a posh, foppish pose, and his voice takes on a mock-aristocratic tone. "I say, you ruffians have no manners, pushing me around like that while those griffon mercenaries attempted to lop my empty little head off. I am ~so~ writing a letter of complaint to your commanding officer. And if you must bleed from your injuries, don't you ~dare~ drip it on my new rug that's totally not contraband from Zebrica," he says with a roll of his eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    Prose's little story got a racous laugh from both of the guards. "Sounds like nobles alright. Lucky for us, we don't get so many of them... Not since Captain booted out the last one for being a fop."

"Second last. Last one was that general or somesuch."

"Oh right. Quite the character, that one." Another chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    "The general lack of nobles and their little games is one of the unexpected benefits of the town," Staccata adds before finishing off her tea. She's holding her tongue on how easy it is to distinguish booze-cider from regular just to see where this whole thing is going. (it's the foam)

"The one that is around is drunk and harmless enough. Most of the time. Easy enough to manipulate."
    "I have had to put up mostly with frivolous demands for persecution of unfortunate individuals from that variety of wealthy fool. 'Oh no, this citizen looked at me funny! Arrest her!''" Blueshield rolled her eyes. "Idiots are most infuriating when they have some kind of influence to back it up. Fortunately, in my country, most of them were willing to mind their own intercoursing business."

"That is what I am kinda suggesting," Prompter said sheepishly and looked at Sandy for his say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "T'ain't no problem, Miss Prompter, so long as it fits. Sandy nodded and started helping her root around for a vest in his size.
    Sandy would come to find one, in his size, filly equivalent.
    Sandy took off his scarf and hat, slipped the tiny vest over his slender frame, and donned a little round usher's cap. A little straightening here, a little tighter there, and the outfit fit him to a T. He turned on a hoof and stood at attention for Night Jewel and Miss Prompter's inspection. "How's it look? T'ain't too messy 'round th' middle, is it? I tried smoothin' it out as best as I could..." He gnawed his lip anxiously.
    "Oh, don't worry. You look handsome there." Night Jewel winked. "I do think green might suit you better, but it's good enough."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Fortunately for them, that doesn't start happening till around 10,000 feet, and the robot was pressurized anyway. What, did you think someone would build a machine that could get that high WITHOUT making it survivable?

Hey, is it getting harder to breathe?

...Then again, it IS Wrench. The guy who decided to make the tracking device in the machine directable.

Oh wait, altitude. Lemme just slow it down a bit...
    Esmeralda found herself holding on to the console tight, panting a little as she tried to adjust for the thin air. "... Star... I think that's far enough..." she said, blinking to try and keep stars out of her vision.

The barkeep stared at the overeager scoltish demopony for a few moments before grinning sheepishly. "Uh, sorry sir. We don't serve whiskey here. It was outlawed."
    "What!" Shell Shock banged on the counter. "How ken y'all call yerself a pub if ya dinnae serve whiskey?!"

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda found herself holding on to the console tight, panting a little as she tried to adjust for the thin air. "... Star... I think that's far enough..." she said, blinking to try and keep stars out of her vision.
    "Right, Sorry." Lone Star said as the machine levelled off. "Need me to go lower?"

Lone Star will have perfect control over his voice next post because this format is getting ridiculous.

"What!" Shell Shock banged on the counter. "How ken y'all call yerself a pub if ya dinnae serve whiskey?!"
    "Bar, sir. Uh... we got beer? Maybe some milk?"

Wrench had already sat down, but facehoofed as he heard that.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Icy laughed. Look liked she enjoyed it quite a bit. "Not bad at all. How long did you spend on this particular snippet, hmmm?" she asked.

"Your kisses inspired me, with you as my muse, it just comes naturally,"
    He cheesily grinned and gave her a smooch. It took him about the duration of their romantic pony kisses for him to think of that snippet.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post

"Oh, don't worry. You look handsome there." Night Jewel winked. "I do think green might suit you better, but it's good enough."
    "Indeed, I agree with the young miss here, it is rather fetching on you,"Prompter nodded with an approving nod.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

(Moving post down here, because it works extra well with Benson's latest post)

"Indeed, I agree with the young miss here, it is rather fetching on you,"Prompter nodded with an approving nod.
    "Aw shucks..." He pawed at the ground bashfully, flattered beyond measure. "Just so long as it don't look awful, I'm alright."

"A-anyhow, that's th' caps an' vests; anythin' else we need? Programs, flashlights, maybe name tags for me an'...an'..." He frowned, his memory drawing a complete blank on a name. He peered perplexedly at his "partner", and she could clearly see the wheels spinning away in his head.

Wuh-oh, that probably isn't great for keeping her cover...

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

"Right, Sorry." Lone Star said as the machine levelled off. "Need me to go lower?"

Lone Star will have perfect control over his voice next post because this format is getting ridiculous.
    Esmeralda held a hoof to her chest, clearly having difficulty breathing now. "... y-yes. I think that... might be prudent. Also, is that... ice?" The onboard cameras seemed to have a layer of frosting on them now. Odd.

"Bar, sir. Uh... we got beer? Maybe some milk?"

Wrench had already sat down, but facehoofed as he heard that.
    "Ugh. Pubs these days... I'll take ye weak beer then. Make that a double!" Shell Shock said, shaking his head.

"Your kisses inspired me, with you as my muse, it just comes naturally,"
    He cheesily grinned and gave her a smooch. It took him about the duration of their romantic pony kisses for him to think of that snippet.
    "Well, I am glad to have inspired you then!" Icy replied, smiling, accepting his smooches gladly. She cuddled closer, letting a soft sigh escape her lips. "How far are we to your destination?"

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Aw shucks..." He pawed at the ground bashfully, flattered beyond measure. "Just so long as it don't look awful, I'm alright."

"A-anyhow, that's th' caps an' vests; anythin' else we need? Programs, flashlights, maybe name tags for me an'...an'..." He frowned, his memory drawing a complete blank on a name. He peered perplexedly at his "partner", and she could clearly see the wheels spinning away in his head.

He's stalled, girl! Quick, say something!

"Yes, good ideas. Name tags will help you keep track of us, and help the ponies we're assisting get along with us. Besides, Sandy sometimes forgets things when he gets flustered, so it'll make sure he doesn't have trouble remembering my name."

That was pretty obviously a cover-up, you know.

Quiet, you. I didn't have long to come up with it.

Night Jewel calmed down a bit, but still moved on to other points of discussion quickly. "And as for the others, programs are a must, but are the flashlights for us or for them? I can see in the dark pretty well, so I won't need one."
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2014-03-15 at 01:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda held a hoof to her chest, clearly having difficulty breathing now. "... y-yes. I think that... might be prudent. Also, is that... ice?" The onboard cameras seemed to have a layer of frosting on them now. Odd.
    The ship descended slowly. Sorry. I forgot the air up high gets too thin for unicorns.

"Ugh. Pubs these days... I'll take ye weak beer then. Make that a double!" Shell Shock said, shaking his head.
    A glass of milk was placed in front of Shell Shock.

... That is definitely not beer.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #313

"I have had to put up mostly with frivolous demands for persecution of unfortunate individuals from that variety of wealthy fool. 'Oh no, this citizen looked at me funny! Arrest her!''" Blueshield rolled her eyes. "Idiots are most infuriating when they have some kind of influence to back it up. Fortunately, in my country, most of them were willing to mind their own intercoursing business."

"Not so much here, they're rather... insistent.
    " Staccata replies while a server pony comes by with more hot water for tea.

"Which is why it's a hobby of mine to occasionally repay the favor."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, good ideas. Name tags will help you keep track of us, and help the ponies we're assisting get along with us. Besides, Sandy sometimes forgets things when he gets flustered, so it'll make sure he doesn't have trouble remembering my name."
    "I ain't that bad," Sandy huffed defensively. He half-listened as the strange filly asked her questions, shooting her the odd none-too-subtle suspicious glance. How could he up and forget a pony's name like that? Sure he could get confused from time to time, but the Cap'n hadn't teased him in hours his head always'd been pretty clear on names.

Something didn't seem right here...

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh! Thought for sure he'd end up in the magma there," Blades said, sounding a bit disappointed.

"Well, from what I hear, dyin' sure did him good. I don't know much 'sides what he did to Stellar 'n how he's friends with that other lil' filly, but he sounds better already. Lots of ponies get more likeable after ya put a few daggers in 'em."
    "If it holds." Starbeam murmurs darkly.

Stellar's expression perks. "What's this? I thought you and the sparkle gang were, like, his best friends."

Starbeam shakes her head, apparently trying to put a complex thought into words. "Don't misunderstand - I appreciate who he's become. But I don't think we're nearly as careful about him as we should be. Nevermind somepony recognizing him and trying to kill him in the street like you did, a ploy that runs exactly like this is most assuredly something Zaros could put together and execute. Frankly, we don't know what he saw on the other side, and without that context, we can't be sure."

Stellar's brow furrows. "So...you're buddies, but you think he could be up to something? That doesn't make any sense."

Another shake of the head."I don't trust him. Not really. But Taylor does, and I trust Taylor. That makes it straightforward." She shrugs.

Stellar adopts a rather shrewd expression. "And if this tailor is wrong?"

Rather suddenly, Starbeam's horn sparks and she emits a low snarl. "Then, if you're amenable, I lock the two of you in a room together and disintegrate what's left of him."

"That could work."

Flare scooped up some snow and, with effort, formed an uneven tail wrapping a bit around the left leg.

"...Apparently, it is less easy than I thought."
    "That looks realistic, actually." Arvadraa points out. "Tails don't really grow evenly, especially in the wild."

She circles the second snowpony, gazing at it with a detached sort of familiarity. "It reminds me of a wanderer. I wonder what her story is, and how many she's heard?"

She stares a while longer, then shakes herself. "I'm sorry. Horne says I'm needlessly hippopomorphizing."

"Good. Thank you for the consideration."

Blueshield took a cautious sip, then seemed slightly calmer. "A perfectly acceptable beverage. I do not need my discretion and mental acuity debilitated to appreciate it."
    Snowstorm looks about ready to raise a comment, then nods slowly and imbibes her own beverage. Well, duh. She's probably more used to the crimes that come with alcohol than many others effects.

"Fortunately, I'm pretty sure their only business involves talking, if not very well." Snowstorm remarks, hoping everyone else recognizes her twist of definition as satire and that it doesn't start another argument. "What do you think they teach in the more upper-class colleges? My best guess is essay after essay on how to accomplish the least amount possible with the most amount said."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not so much here, they're rather... insistent.
    " Staccata replies while a server pony comes by with more hot water for tea.

"... favour, 'cata?" Tyrol echoed, raising an eyebrow.

"Is that a code for breaking their legs? You know we don't approve of that," Lemongrass said half-jokingly.

The ship descended slowly. Sorry. I forgot the air up high gets too thin for unicorns.
    "It-It's... fine," Esmeralda gasped, trying to catch her breath. "... never quite expected us to go... this high up."

A glass of milk was placed in front of Shell Shock.

... That is definitely not beer.
    One could almost watch the trainwreck in progress. Shell Shock glared at the glass. Then at the unfortunate waiter. "This isn't no beer! Have ye gone blind and deaf, pony?"

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

"It-It's... fine," Esmeralda gasped, trying to catch her breath. "... never quite expected us to go... this high up."
    Well, we're going back down, at least a bit. Take a good look outside - it's quite a view.
    One could almost watch the trainwreck in progress. Shell Shock glared at the glass. Then at the unfortunate waiter. "This isn't no beer! Have ye gone blind and deaf, pony?"
    "....... Okay, I'll level with you." The bartender grinned sheepishly. "I don't actually know what whiskey (or beer for that matter) is."

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, I am glad to have inspired you then!" Icy replied, smiling, accepting his smooches gladly. She cuddled closer, letting a soft sigh escape her lips. "How far are we to your destination?"

"We should be there.........now,"
    He declared as the carriage came to a slow halt. Another smooch. He then forced himself to move away from his lady love and stepped out of the carriage. He then extended his fore hoof out to her. "My lady."

Outside the carriage stood in the middle of a wintery glade, the snow brilliantly white and soft as fine powder. Icicles dangled from trees that brushing against them would cause them to chime against each other. It was very peaceful and quiet with what few birds chittering away in bare trees, late for their migration to warmer climates.

There was a plush blanket that lay over a rubber sheet to keep the snow from dampening it up. From the trunk of the carriage, the puller removed a wicker picnic basket.

That was pretty obviously a cover-up, you know.

Quiet, you. I didn't have long to come up with it.

Night Jewel calmed down a bit, but still moved on to other points of discussion quickly. "And as for the others, programs are a must, but are the flashlights for us or for them? I can see in the dark pretty well, so I won't need one."
    "Mmmm...I am sure we can get some blank white stickers and have you write your names on them and call them name tags, as for programs, we got those in a box in bulk. Mmmm...won't be needing flash lights, this is gonna be over before the sun goes down." Prompter nodded her head.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

(Gonna work something out with the others before proceeding with Shell Shock.)

Well, we're going back down, at least a bit. Take a good look outside - it's quite a view.
    Esmeralda looked through the monitors linked to the cameras. It was indeed... quite spectacular. Bridle Shores was merely a small smudge on the ground below, the lake glimmering faintly next to the town. In fact, Esmeralda fancied she could almost make out Canterlot in the distance.

"Quite breathtaking," she commented, glancing back at Lone Star with a grin. "In fact..." Her grin widened. "Think you can put this thing on autopilot?"

"We should be there.........now,"
    He declared as the carriage came to a slow halt. Another smooch. He then forced himself to move away from his lady love and stepped out of the carriage. He then extended his fore hoof out to her. "My lady."

Outside the carriage stood in the middle of a wintery glade, the snow brilliantly white and soft as fine powder. Icicles dangled from trees that brushing against them would cause them to chime against each other. It was very peaceful and quiet with what few birds chittering away in bare trees, late for their migration to warmer climates.

There was a plush blanket that lay over a rubber sheet to keep the snow from dampening it up. From the trunk of the carriage, the puller removed a wicker picnic basket.
    Icy's eyes lit up as she got her first glance of their destination. She noted the resemblance to her home, which she presumed to be intention, even if it bought a sudden pang of painful memories to her heart. "It's... quite lovely, Fox," she said softly as she took his hoof and stepped out of the carriage. With a soft smile, she smooched the stallion on the cheek, before turning to pluck the basket out of the puller's hooves. Then she trotted over to the blanket and patiently waited for Fox to take his place.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Icy's eyes lit up as she got her first glance of their destination. She noted the resemblance to her home, which she presumed to be intention, even if it bought a sudden pang of painful memories to her heart. "It's... quite lovely, Fox," she said softly as she took his hoof and stepped out of the carriage. With a soft smile, she smooched the stallion on the cheek, before turning to pluck the basket out of the puller's hooves. Then she trotted over to the blanket and patiently waited for Fox to take his place.
    After Fox gave his next instructions to the puller, to basically come back in an hour, he happily trotted over to his lady love and settled down on the blanket, tucking his forelegs underneath him.

"I hope it is as romantic to you as I am hoping it is,"
    he grinned and stretched his neck a little to nuzzle Icy.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

(Gonna work something out with the others before proceeding with Shell Shock.)

Esmeralda looked through the monitors linked to the cameras. It was indeed... quite spectacular. Bridle Shores was merely a small smudge on the ground below, the lake glimmering faintly next to the town. In fact, Esmeralda fancied she could almost make out Canterlot in the distance.

"Quite breathtaking," she commented, glancing back at Lone Star with a grin. "In fact..." Her grin widened. "Think you can put this thing on autopilot?"
    Lone Star was out of the booth almost before the systems announced 'Autopilot engaged'. He ran up to her grinning. Yes, yes I can.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

"If it holds." Starbeam murmurs darkly.

Stellar's expression perks. "What's this? I thought you and the sparkle gang were, like, his best friends."

Starbeam shakes her head, apparently trying to put a complex thought into words. "Don't misunderstand - I appreciate who he's become. But I don't think we're nearly as careful about him as we should be. Nevermind somepony recognizing him and trying to kill him in the street like you did, a ploy that runs exactly like this is most assuredly something Zaros could put together and execute. Frankly, we don't know what he saw on the other side, and without that context, we can't be sure."

Stellar's brow furrows. "So...you're buddies, but you think he could be up to something? That doesn't make any sense."

Another shake of the head."I don't trust him. Not really. But Taylor does, and I trust Taylor. That makes it straightforward." She shrugs.

Stellar adopts a rather shrewd expression. "And if this tailor is wrong?"

Rather suddenly, Starbeam's horn sparks and she emits a low snarl. "Then, if you're amenable, I lock the two of you in a room together and disintegrate what's left of him."
    Blades swished her tail in irritation. "Hey! Ya can't do that! Stellar told me I'd get to keep his head! What am I sposed to do if ya can't let her keep her word?"

After a moment, she chuckled and calmed down. "Well, anyway, Stellar, looks like he won't be doin' anything to ya anytime soon. Not without gettin' a couple new holes in him, anyway."

"That looks realistic, actually." Arvadraa points out. "Tails don't really grow evenly, especially in the wild."

She circles the second snowpony, gazing at it with a detached sort of familiarity. "It reminds me of a wanderer. I wonder what her story is, and how many she's heard?"

She stares a while longer, then shakes herself. "I'm sorry. Horne says I'm needlessly hippopomorphizing."
    Flare chuckled. "No, no, carry on. I find it more entertaining this way."

She gave a look around. "I had a thought. Perhaps you could find a reasonably-sized icicle?"

"Fortunately, I'm pretty sure their only business involves talking, if not very well." Snowstorm remarks, hoping everyone else recognizes her twist of definition as satire and that it doesn't start another argument. "What do you think they teach in the more upper-class colleges? My best guess is essay after essay on how to accomplish the least amount possible with the most amount said."
    "That along with a preoccupation with selective breeding and the concealment of incidents or activities detrimental to one's reputation. On occasion, one might decide to partake of a more advanced education in swindling."

"Not so much here, they're rather... insistent." Staccata replies while a server pony comes by with more hot water for tea.

"... favour, 'cata?" Tyrol echoed, raising an eyebrow.

"Is that a code for breaking their legs? You know we don't approve of that," Lemongrass said half-jokingly.
    Blueshield raised an eyebrow. "I do hope it is nothing too drastic, as tempting as that might be."

"Mmmm...I am sure we can get some blank white stickers and have you write your names on them and call them name tags, as for programs, we got those in a box in bulk. Mmmm...won't be needing flash lights, this is gonna be over before the sun goes down." Prompter nodded her head.
    "All right, then. Let's get them."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star was out of the booth almost before the systems announced 'Autopilot engaged'. He ran up to her grinning. Yes, yes I can.
    Esmeralda just fluttered her eyelids seductively. "Oh Star~" she swooned, dramatically falling into his hooves.

After Fox gave his next instructions to the puller, to basically come back in an hour, he happily trotted over to his lady love and settled down on the blanket, tucking his forelegs underneath him.

"I hope it is as romantic to you as I am hoping it is,"
    he grinned and stretched his neck a little to nuzzle Icy.
    "Oh, yes. I think you done a fine job crafting such an intimate atmosphere," Icy reassured with a smile, nuzzling back. She set the basket down and peered inside, curious as to what he had bought along for this little getaway.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-03-31 at 11:36 AM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Prompter, Sandy, Night Jewel

Eventually at some point, Sandy and Night Jewel would have their sticker name badges and a marker to write their names down, along with a box of programs.

"Oh, yes. I think you done a fine job crafting such an intimate atmosphere," Icy reassured with a smile, nuzzling back. She set the basket down and peered inside, curious as to what he had bought along for this little getaway.
    Fox sported an eager look, almost akin to a puppy trying to appease its master. Inside the wicker basket Icy would find a small assortment of deli styled sandwiches individually wrapped, several using different breads such as prance bread and pumpernickel and of course some varieties of white bread. She would also find two different thermos and two bowls, one spoon, two glasses and lastly, rose petals giving the basket a nice floral aroma.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda just fluttered her eyelids seductively. "Oh Star~" she swooned, dramatically falling into his hooves.
    Ah, madame~ Lone Star grinned, catching her in his hooves. You utterly captivate me~

Then he leaned in and whispered, Ever heard of the mile-high club?

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades swished her tail in irritation. "Hey! Ya can't do that! Stellar told me I'd get to keep his head! What am I sposed to do if ya can't let her keep her word?"

After a moment, she chuckled and calmed down. "Well, anyway, Stellar, looks like he won't be doin' anything to ya anytime soon. Not without gettin' a couple new holes in him, anyway."
    "Um, yeah." For whatever reason, the filly seems quite shaken. "I, uh, what...what else were we doing? We're not walking in the snow for chuckles, right?"

Flare chuckled. "No, no, carry on. I find it more entertaining this way."

She gave a look around. "I had a thought. Perhaps you could find a reasonably-sized icicle?"
    Ahh, I think I know what this is. Here, take that one...

The flutter pony hovers out of sight for a moment, and returns with the requested icicle. One which, curiously enough, has just the right proportions for a unicorn horn.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

27. - Top - End - #327

At the Tavern

Staccata gives a quick reassuring nuzzle to Tyrol sort of on the sly before responding.

"It's a wonderful coincidence that these ponies often get what they deserve by just exposing what they're up to,"
    the mare states in a sort-of-answer.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, madame~ Lone Star grinned, catching her in his hooves. You utterly captivate me~

Then he leaned in and whispered, Ever heard of the mile-high club?
    "Oooh, I have not..." Esmeralda whispered back, grinning. "Why don't you show me what is it?" she continue, her voice dripping with promise as she kissed his muzzle gently.

Fox sported an eager look, almost akin to a puppy trying to appease its master. Inside the wicker basket Icy would find a small assortment of deli styled sandwiches individually wrapped, several using different breads such as prance bread and pumpernickel and of course some varieties of white bread. She would also find two different thermos and two bowls, one spoon, two glasses and lastly, rose petals giving the basket a nice floral aroma.
    Icy just had to smile at what had been packed. "Just how much did you pack?" she teased. She took the sandwiches out carefully, and laid them out on the blanket, before stopping at the thermos. "Which one?" Icy asked, holding both of them up.

At the Tavern

Staccata gives a quick reassuring nuzzle to Tyrol sort of on the sly before responding.

"It's a wonderful coincidence that these ponies often get what they deserve by just exposing what they're up to,"
    Tyrol accepted the nuzzle with a shy smile. Though he didn't have much to add to the current conversation at the moment.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eventually at some point, Sandy and Night Jewel would have their sticker name badges and a marker to write their names down, along with a box of programs.
    The filly took a marker from the box and wrote, in flowing letters, Night Jewel. Underneath it, she added more writing in an unusual, elaborate script that one might guess meant the same thing (anypony who spoke Mareabic could confirm that it was). "There. Now we'll be all set." With that, she took a stack of programs and awaited further directions.

The flutter pony hovers out of sight for a moment, and returns with the requested icicle. One which, curiously enough, has just the right proportions for a unicorn horn.
    Flare began adding a bit of extra snow to the back of the second snowpony, then turned around with a look of surprise.

"Oh. You were faster than I expected."

Once she'd collected herself, she took the icicle and placed it in the middle of the original snowpony's forehead, then got back to work on the second. She seemed to be trying to make something that looked like wings. Butterfly wings, to be precise.

"Ah, excellent. To the aristocracy, reputation is of unsurpassed eminence. It is said that some would execute their own newborn offspring for their reputation, although I have thankfully not heard of any such incident. Enlightening the populace as to unsavoury activities is more effective for destroying a noble than an assassin in the night, not to mention more civilized."

Blueshield got what appeared to be a smirk. "I am beginning to like the way you think, Miss Staccata. Perhaps you would like to further demonstrate your cognitive capabilities? I believe I have a challenge for you, should you be interested."
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2014-04-08 at 11:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Icy just had to smile at what had been packed. "Just how much did you pack?" she teased. She took the sandwiches out carefully, and laid them out on the blanket, before stopping at the thermos. "Which one?" Icy asked, holding both of them up.

"Both my love, one is a hot tea and the other is a soup, the cups for the tea, the bowls for the soup, the spoon for my elegant lady love and her magical means,"
    He said happily as he took a moment to briefly adjust his tacky sweater around the collar. He lifted out the bowls and glasses for Icy.