New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] Backstage: CUT!

[Beauty and the Psycho]

Hello? Lone Star called as he floated down, carrying Esmeralda. Everyone okay down there?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-04-09 at 07:36 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Sandy did a pretty good job, but his hesitation was not easy to miss. Someone looks like he'll need an explanation later. Make it good this time.
    Sandy was many things. A stealthy pony was not one of them. A foal just out of Magic Kindergarten could've known something was up.

"Right. Sounds simple enough. Let's do it!"

Night Jewel left carrying the box itself to Sandy and skipped out toward the front.
    Sometimes, he wasn't an attentive pony either.

"Woah, hey! Wait up!" Sandy vainly tried to catch up with the sprightly filly while keeping the box of programs precariously balanced on his back.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    [Beauty and the Psycho]

Hello? Lone Star called as he floated down, carrying Esmeralda. Everyone okay down there?
    "I like to think of them as... eventful," Esmeralda replied, in response to Lone Star's date comment. Which may or may not have amused her.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Fox and Icy

Fox lopsidedly smirked and was about to move in for a smooch when--

Yep, crash.

The loud thundering crash startled him as he fell forward at Icy's forehooves, his own ears ringing as well. "Wha..what bwuh...what the hay....indeed bwhuw...ow my ears..." He looked up with a gaping expression. He reached out for words but only gibberish stumbled out.
    Unfortunately for Lone Star, smoke had started to settle over the pair and with their impaired hearing, they couldn't quite hear him.

"... Hello?" Icy said, blinking, as she caught Fox with her forelegs, sorta cradling him for the moment. "Did you hear someone?"

4. - Top - End - #364
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tavern

Staccata prods Tyrol gently making sure he's paying attention. That sounded vaguely chess-ish or something like that. "Tyrol is a chess player if that's what you're asking about, never asked about Go or anything else like that though."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy, Night Jewel, Prompter

And so to the head of the rows of seats of this outdoor theater they went. There was no real seating as most ponies would just plop their flanks down on the ground, with common courtesy expected of taller ponies to take a seat towards the back.

The two, Night Jewel and Sandy would stand there in their little adorable usher outfits as their first patrons of the hour arrived, a family of three, a mare, a young colt with a dour expression, and a wee little weanling with an eager expression on her face. The young little filly scampered about under her mother's legs full of energy.
    ===

Fox and Icy and now Lone Star and Icy

The moment Fox looked up and saw AND heard Lone Star's voice, his expression fell, turning dour and annoyed.

He could not say nothing, well he could, but he had to force them back down his throat and contain his anger. He wouldn't make for a good face right now.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

[Star and Esmeralda and now Fox Trot and Esmeralda]

Lone Star blinked as he descended. Why do I feel like a pair of holes are burning into my- He looked behind himself and blinked. Oh, that's why. Hi Fox.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-04-14 at 02:32 PM.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

(Guh, sorry, had some family trouble, and then temporarily forgot I meant to post in response to MCerberus. Though it looks like everyone seems to be in a lull at the moment.)

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Tavern

Staccata prods Tyrol gently making sure he's paying attention. That sounded vaguely chess-ish or something like that. "Tyrol is a chess player if that's what you're asking about, never asked about Go or anything else like that though."
    "Bwuh, huh?" Tyrol blinked, apparently having drifted off in the interim. "Oh um, yes, I do fancy a spot of chess... wait, why are we talking about chess again?"

Fox and Icy and now Lone Star and Icy

The moment Fox looked up and saw AND heard Lone Star's voice, his expression fell, turning dour and annoyed.

He could not say nothing, well he could, but he had to force them back down his throat and contain his anger. He wouldn't make for a good face right now.
    [Star and Esmeralda and now Fox Trot and Esmeralda]

Lone Star blinked as he descended. Why do I feel like a pair of holes are burning into my- He looked behind himself and blinked. Oh, that's why. Hi Fox.
    "Oh, you." Icy said, frowning, as Lone Star appeared, carrying what appeared to be a somewhat contrite Esmeralda.

"Hello there, my twin. Apologies for the mess, you know how hard these mechanical things are to pilot. I hope nopony's hurt," Esmeralda said casually, looking down at the two.

Icy stared coldly at Esmeralda, then at Lone Star, narrowing her eyes. "Star, there better be a good explaination for this."

"You could at least said hi," Esmeralda quipped, rolling her eyes.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-04-15 at 10:48 AM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Oh, you." Icy said, frowning, as Lone Star appeared, carrying what appeared to be a somewhat contrite Esmeralda.

"Hello there, my twin. Apologies for the mess, you know how hard these mechanical things are to pilot. I hope nopony's hurt," Esmeralda said casually, looking down at the two.

Icy stared coldly at Esmeralda, then at Lone Star, narrowing her eyes. "Star, there better be a good explaination for this."

"You could at least said hi," Esmeralda quipped, rolling her eyes.
    Lone Star stared at Icy. Then looked at the robot. Then back to Icy, then back to the robot.

Finally he looked Icy dead in the eye, cocking an eyebrow. Were you honestly expecting one for a giant robot falling out of the sky?

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

(Just remembered we left Shell Shock and Wrench dangling. Shall we agree Shell Shock thrashed the bar and got them both kicked out? )

Lone Star stared at Icy. Then looked at the robot. Then back to Icy, then back to the robot.

Finally he looked Icy dead in the eye, cocking an eyebrow. Were you honestly expecting one for a giant robot falling out of the sky?
    "Yeeeessssssssss?" Icy replied, deadpan.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

(Just remembered we left Shell Shock and Wrench dangling. Shall we agree Shell Shock thrashed the bar and got them both kicked out? )

"Yeeeessssssssss?" Icy replied, deadpan.
    (YOU left it dangling and sure)

Wrench was dragging Shell Shock out of the tavern. IT AIN'T WORTH IT, PUT THE GUN AWAY!!!

---
    In retrospect, this wasn't the weirdest thing their group had encountered.

Um... lessee, what's a good explanation... no idea how the robot exists... no idea how or why anyone's out here since the fleshworms... It... uh... ran out of fuel? Lone Star grinned sheepishly.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy, Night Jewel, Prompter

And so to the head of the rows of seats of this outdoor theater they went. There was no real seating as most ponies would just plop their flanks down on the ground, with common courtesy expected of taller ponies to take a seat towards the back.

The two, Night Jewel and Sandy would stand there in their little adorable usher outfits as their first patrons of the hour arrived, a family of three, a mare, a young colt with a dour expression, and a wee little weanling with an eager expression on her face. The young little filly scampered about under her mother's legs full of energy.
    Alas; the Mystery of the Mysterious Filly would have to wait. Sandy had ushering to do, and by Luna he'd usher these ponies but good.

After scurrying to plop down his box, the little stallion flashed the trio a bright smile as he floated a program out for each of them. "Good evenin', fillies and gentlecolts, an' welcome t'Bridle Shores' Hearth Warmin' Pageant. If ya'll will just follow me, we'll get y'some prime seats." He motioned for them to follow, his horn sparking up a light.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

Fox, Icy, Lone Star, Es

"Aaaagh!"
    Fox yelled in annoyance and then crossed his forelegs over his chest as he took to that pony sitting position and looked away in a huff. He muttered some stuff about ruining the romantic atmosphere he was trying to create and some other brouhaha.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

(YOU left it dangling and sure)

Wrench was dragging Shell Shock out of the tavern. IT AIN'T WORTH IT, PUT THE GUN AWAY!!!
    (Point. Apologies )

"LEMME JUST GET MY SWORD AND SHORTEN HIM BY A HEAD!" Shell Shock yelled and struggled against Wrench, limbs flailing in a desperate attempt to get his hooves on a weapon. Any weapon.

In retrospect, this wasn't the weirdest thing their group had encountered.

Um... lessee, what's a good explanation... no idea how the robot exists... no idea how or why anyone's out here since the fleshworms... It... uh... ran out of fuel? Lone Star grinned sheepishly.
    Fox, Icy, Lone Star, Es

"Aaaagh!"
    Fox yelled in annoyance and then crossed his forelegs over his chest as he took to that pony sitting position and looked away in a huff. He muttered some stuff about ruining the romantic atmosphere he was trying to create and some other brouhaha.
    "... you let it run out of fuel?" Icy said, crocking an eyebrow.

"Well, we were rather pre-occupied..." Esmeralda offered.

"Of course. You two made out until you forgot you had a flying robot," Icy continued dryly. Then blinked as Fox yelled. The stallion was clearly annoyed, and Icy could certainly sympathise. She leaned in and nuzzled. "Fox, perhaps we should pack up and head back."

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

(Point. Apologies )

"LEMME JUST GET MY SWORD AND SHORTEN HIM BY A HEAD!" Shell Shock yelled and struggled against Wrench, limbs flailing in a desperate attempt to get his hooves on a weapon. Any weapon.
    He ain't the only tavern in town, Shell! We- Wrench's device began to blare. Ugh, please tell me this is good news...

The Trojan Mk4 has been destroyed. Cause: crash.

... oh YOU MOTHER
    "... you let it run out of fuel?" Icy said, crocking an eyebrow.
    I swear, I thought it had like a day's worth!

"Well, we were rather pre-occupied..." Esmeralda offered.

"Of course. You two made out until you forgot you had a flying robot," Icy continued dryly. Then blinked as Fox yelled. The stallion was clearly annoyed, and Icy could certainly sympathise. She leaned in and nuzzled. "Fox, perhaps we should pack up and head back."
    Yeah, on a plain of clo I MEAN WE DID OTHER STUFF TOO!! Lone Star protested, throwing his hooves up. And no, I do not just mean the stuff I'm not supposed to talk about!

-F$#ERRRRRRRRRS ow my ears!

Did you hear something?

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Fox looked at Icy with an upset pouty look, brows furrowed. "You know what.....no...I no...I am going to have my picnic with my love, and no forest fire or antics of certain ponyfolk will hamper me." He said, stubbornly.

He then looked at Lone Star at his inquiry and raised a brow. "What are you talking about?"

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Fox looked at Icy with an upset pouty look, brows furrowed. "You know what.....no...I no...I am going to have my picnic with my love, and no forest fire or antics of certain ponyfolk will hamper me." He said, stubbornly.

He then looked at Lone Star at his inquiry and raised a brow. "What are you talking about?"
    Well, Es and I found this giant robot - who nobody else owned at all - so we decided to take it for a spin. Then- Wait, forest fire? Lone Star repeated, cocking an eyebrow of his own.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Alas; the Mystery of the Mysterious Filly would have to wait. Sandy had ushering to do, and by Luna he'd usher these ponies but good.

After scurrying to plop down his box, the little stallion flashed the trio a bright smile as he floated a program out for each of them. "Good evenin', fillies and gentlecolts, an' welcome t'Bridle Shores' Hearth Warmin' Pageant. If ya'll will just follow me, we'll get y'some prime seats." He motioned for them to follow, his horn sparking up a light.
    Night Jewel gave a friendly smile to the family in greeting. Seeing that Sandy had the situation under control, she stayed where she was to await the next arrivals.

Kind of makes you wish you had a family, doesn't it?

That's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "You're looking at me for any kind of forward planning? Something's wrong with this picture."

"You know Bridle Shores better than we do, Blades. What are the sights?"
    Blades considered for a while.

"Well... Places we can go with the three of us... We could go to one of those... gatherin' places. Ya know, where ponies hang out. There's plenty of shops if ya'd like to buy something. I like to head out of town sometimes, but not so much recently 'cause 'Vadraa gets upset when I hurt the animals... Oh! Maybe we could see if the lake's frozen! It's probly frozen pretty solid! I mean, it's not great for swimmin' in, but it's a lil' bit cold for swimmin' anyway, 'n maybe we could get some skates 'n try some skatin'! What do ya think?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "It's like...building things. I suppose it is building things. It is strange, I know what you mean. Do you think...it's the design that makes it real to us? Like if we thought of them as just piles of snow, they'd lose meaning?"
    "Perhaps. Ponies cut stone and wood, mark paper, and weave colourful patterns into cloth. What value do such things have? The stone is just stone, the wood just wood, the paper just paper, and the cloth just cloth. Yet they look like things that make us feel certain ways, and that is why we appreciate them..."

Flare widened her eyes, then lowered her head. "That was an epiphany just there, wasn't it. Now I am starting to feel ridiculous."

"The way you worded that implies you think we like it any more than you do." Contrary to Blueshield's reaction, Snowstorm looks at the edge of tears for some reason. When she takes a swig of her drink, one had best hope that hers is among the alcoholic ones. "Imagine living in this slime pit your whole life."
    "If it truly is as horrific as you insinuate, that is something to consider. After all, my services would be of greater significance where there are more serious criminals to apprehend."

"Reputation would have to be based on morality. That means a system where the greatest power comes from seeming like you do right, not just being able to shout down anypony who disagrees. More to the point, that means enforcing that ideal once the top of the top gets to the top, except that you can only rely on the top to do it. It's like a massive Prisoner's Dilemma, except everyone has agreed not to confess." She drains her tankard and nickers softly. "Huhn. You probably know travel laws better than me. Is it too late to move to Mareabia?" Fortunately, the drink has stiffened a few bits of resolve, and as it stands, she's barely half-serious.
    Blueshield seemed mildly amused by the question. "It may be too early rather than too late, depending on one's perspective. While the difficulty is inversely proportional to the proximity of commencement of existence in the country to the commencement of existence in the world, you are not necessarily excluded. There would simply be much preparation to do." She switched to Mareabic to add, "You should speak our language, for example.

"But for the actual issue... I am aware that the system is in no way ideal, and may never be. But those who consume without providing will eventually exhaust all there is to consume and be doomed to destruction themselves. Evil is powerful, but unsustainable. It can be starved or forced to feed on other evil forces."

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    "Bwuh, huh?" Tyrol blinked, apparently having drifted off in the interim. "Oh um, yes, I do fancy a spot of chess... wait, why are we talking about chess again?"
    Blueshield nodded. "I commend your capacity for deduction, Miss Staccata."

She carefully scrutinized Tyrol, then frowned. "So you are a player. However, your actual experience is still an unknown quantity, and with prior interactions and a state of intoxication taken into account, I estimate your probability of providing a satisfactory challenge to be infinitesimal."
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2014-04-21 at 12:51 AM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Night Jewel gave a friendly smile to the family in greeting. Seeing that Sandy had the situation under control, she stayed where she was to await the next arrivals.

Kind of makes you wish you had a family, doesn't it?

That's enough.
    Whether by coincidence or fate, that would be when Big Brother shows up.

"I believe this is where seating begins for the play?"

He's completely out of his armor, instead having opted for a cream-colored suit that compliments the shade of his mane (and notably hides his flanks very well), as well as the scarf from before, but his tone and bright green eyes leave no doubt as to Dawnstrider's identity. He looks out of his element and a bit strained, but also not as imposing. He's managing a soft smile - maybe a grimace forced the other direction - that's almost identical to Taylor's default expression. He bears the glazed-over look deep in his pupils that makes it plain to someone with Night Jewel's experience that he's keeping watch over everything in his field of view simultaneously, but he doesn't seem wary.

Blades considered for a while.

"Well... Places we can go with the three of us... We could go to one of those... gatherin' places. Ya know, where ponies hang out. There's plenty of shops if ya'd like to buy something. I like to head out of town sometimes, but not so much recently 'cause 'Vadraa gets upset when I hurt the animals... Oh! Maybe we could see if the lake's frozen! It's probly frozen pretty solid! I mean, it's not great for swimmin' in, but it's a lil' bit cold for swimmin' anyway, 'n maybe we could get some skates 'n try some skatin'! What do ya think?"
    "Oh, uh skating. Yeah. Totally done that before."

"It's not as hard as it looks. Fortunately, we come equipped with four stable legs each."

"Okay, but if I start to tip over I'm totally cheating."

"Just remember not to counterbalance with to much force on the ice; it might crack."

"Perhaps. Ponies cut stone and wood, mark paper, and weave colourful patterns into cloth. What value do such things have? The stone is just stone, the wood just wood, the paper just paper, and the cloth just cloth. Yet they look like things that make us feel certain ways, and that is why we appreciate them..."

Flare widened her eyes, then lowered her head. "That was an epiphany just there, wasn't it. Now I am starting to feel ridiculous."
    "I wouldn't call it ridiculous. We all have different ways of looking at beauty. Some things that don't really have a use otherwise have value because we want it to. It's just the way we are. And if something is beautiful just because we say it is, well, that's more happiness for the other ponies who think the same way. And that's the really beautiful thing."

"If it truly is as horrific as you insinuate, that is something to consider. After all, my services would be of greater significance where there are more serious criminals to apprehend."
    "I have no doubt you'd do better than most, but you'd go crazy inside a month. It's why I stay on the outskirts, or in small towns. There's not a lot to get in the way of making a real difference. Ask Tyrol and Lemongrass, or even Staccata. I'd bet they're all here because the help is what matters as much as where it's applied." She coughs and gets her hooves on another drink. "I'm getting all weepy and dark over here, though. Redirection!"

Blueshield seemed mildly amused by the question. "It may be too early rather than too late, depending on one's perspective. While the difficulty is inversely proportional to the proximity of commencement of existence in the country to the commencement of existence in the world, you are not necessarily excluded. There would simply be much preparation to do." She switched to Mareabic to add, "You should speak our language, for example."
    "Mm." Snowstorm takes a sip and matches the Blueshield's swap in linguistics with a more halting by nonetheless experienced tongue. "I do not believe that to be as much of a problem as one other might surmise." Another quaff. "Turns out getting raised by diplomats has some hidden advantages. Sorry if I butchered that a little bit - you should hear my Griffon, it's even more rusty."

"But for the actual issue... I am aware that the system is in no way ideal, and may never be. But those who consume without providing will eventually exhaust all there is to consume and be doomed to destruction themselves. Evil is powerful, but unsustainable. It can be starved or forced to feed on other evil forces."
    "Huh. I've never had somepony make me feel better and give me an economical philosophy lesson at the same time before."

She carefully scrutinized Tyrol, then frowned. "So you are a player. However, your actual experience is still an unknown quantity, and with prior interactions and a state of intoxication taken into account, I estimate your probability of providing a satisfactory challenge to be infinitesimal."
    Snowstorm slaps back on a lopsided grin. "I think that sound you just heard was a gauntlet being thrown, Tyrol."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

(Colours may change slightly.)

Tyrol felt his eye twitch a little. Did this pompous paladin just dismiss him just from appearances? "Well, Miss, you wouldn't really know unless you play me, would you?"

"You hear that, Tyrol? Try not to embarrass yourself too much, okay? We guards still have a reputation to keep."

"Thanks for your vote of confidence," Tyrol replied, rolling his eyes.

Lemongrass laughed. "I try my best~"

Snowstorm slaps back on a lopsided grin. "I think that sound you just heard was a gauntlet being thrown, Tyrol."
    "I can hear that," Tyrol muttered darkly.

I swear, I thought it had like a day's worth!

Yeah, on a plain of clo I MEAN WE DID OTHER STUFF TOO!! Lone Star protested, throwing his hooves up. And no, I do not just mean the stuff I'm not supposed to talk about!

-F$#ERRRRRRRRRS ow my ears!

Did you hear something?
    Esmeralda cocked an ear. "Sounds like a radio."

"Well Fox..." Then something caught her eye. A hint of flame and smoke erupting from the forest.

Well, Es and I found this giant robot - who nobody else owned at all - so we decided to take it for a spin. Then- Wait, forest fire? Lone Star repeated, cocking an eyebrow of his own.
    Icy was already looking at the flames that was spreading outwards from the site of impact. "That forest fire," she said dryly, as another tree got engulfed in the ever-ravenous fire. They probably should do something about it.

"I don't suppose any of you brought water?" she continued, deadpan.

He ain't the only tavern in town, Shell! We- Wrench's device began to blare. Ugh, please tell me this is good news...

The Trojan Mk4 has been destroyed. Cause: crash.

... oh YOU MOTHER
    Shell Shock ceased his struggles, blinking. "Oh that dinnae sound good. Where do yer think it landed?"
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-04-22 at 10:39 AM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda cocked an ear. "Sounds like a radio."

"Well Fox..." Then something caught her eye. A hint of flame and smoke erupting from the forest.

Icy was already looking at the flames that was spreading outwards from the site of impact. "That forest fire," she said dryly, as another tree got engulfed in the ever-ravenous fire. They probably should do something about it.

"I don't suppose any of you brought water?" she continued, deadpan.
    Lone Star stared at the flames for a moment, then sighed. I'll go get some rainclouds... He shot into the sky...

...Then immediately came back down. Wait, this is probably a chemical fire, lobbing water on it would just make this situation worse...

Shell Shock ceased his struggles, blinking. "Oh that dinnae sound good. Where do yer think it landed?"
    That way. Wrench pointed, his teeth gritting and his eyes crazed. Oh, there will be hell to pay...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-04-22 at 01:54 PM.

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

The Park

The little filly foal zipped around darting past Sandy's legs while her mother called out for her to be careful and apologetically looked at Sandy. Behind them the moody colt continued to be all moody and trod along from the back.

Alas, for Night Jewel, so far it seemed twas just those three at the moment, there were however other ponies in the park walking about, occasionally looking over as they went about their business and walk.
    --

Outskirts of town

"Uuugh...oh bloo bloo...."
    Fox faced-ground and sighed and then threw himself on the blanket and began to engage in hammy, scene chewing hammery.

"Oh wwrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyy....oh bloo bloo bloo..."
    He lamented and lifted his head to the heavens. "Oh fates, why do you test me so?? Is it not enough what has already been thrown my way? Oh woes, oh woe is me as I wallow in my misery."

"Oh woe is the fate that to which I concede, of why I ask, of why I plead. #llamadrama"
    Last edited by Benson; 2014-04-25 at 12:36 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Outskirts of town

Fox faced palmed and sighed and then threw himself on the blanket and began to engage in hammy, scene chewing hammery.

He lamented and lifted his head to the heavens. "Oh fates, why do you test me so?? Is it not enough what has already been thrown my way? Oh woes, oh woe is me as I wallow in my misery."

"Oh woe is the fate that to which I concede, of why I ask, of why I plead. #llamadrama"
    If you're done trying to earn a razzy razzberry, THE FOREST IS ON FIRE.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-04-24 at 11:48 PM.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star stared at the flames for a moment, then sighed. I'll go get some rainclouds... He shot into the sky...

...Then immediately came back down. Wait, this is probably a chemical fire, lobbing water on it would just make this situation worse...

Outskirts of town

Fox faced-ground and sighed and then threw himself on the blanket and began to engage in hammy, scene chewing hammery.

If you're done trying to earn a razzy razzberry, THE FOREST IS ON FIRE.
    "If you boys are done, we still have a forest fire to put out," Icy said dryly, raising an ice wall to shield them against the few sparks of embers that started raining down on them. "Lone Star, if you don't mind, get those rain clouds up. They'll still be useful in halting the flames. And Esmeralda. Make yourself useful and start casting the blizzard spell. I'll join you shortly."

Esmeralda harrumphed, but grudgingly obliged, striding off a few paces, her horn already glowing. "Star, start gathering as many clouds as you can. We'll need all the water we can get for the spell."

Icy then shook Fox's shoulder gently. "Dear, if you can, run back to town, and get help. With any luck, we might still catch somepony who's on duty on this frigid evening." She smiled a little. "We can resume our sojourn afterwards."

That way. Wrench pointed, his teeth gritting and his eyes crazed. Oh, there will be hell to pay...
    "Och, ya sound like ye could use a drink," Shell Shock said with a crooked smile. "Let's go then!"

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

The Park

The little filly foal zipped around darting past Sandy's legs while her mother called out for her to be careful and apologetically looked at Sandy. Behind them the moody colt continued to be all moody and trod along from the back.
    Sandy tipped his little hat and smiled warmly to the mare, to show there was no harm done. "Come along now, lil' missy; follow behind me, an' soon you'll be watchin' th' play with your folks." He trotted along the rows, and picked out a nice set of seats where hopefully the two young ponies would have ample room to see. He waved them along, and passed out a program to each of them.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

"If you boys are done, we still have a forest fire to put out," Icy said dryly, raising an ice wall to shield them against the few sparks of embers that started raining down on them. "Lone Star, if you don't mind, get those rain clouds up. They'll still be useful in halting the flames. And Esmeralda. Make yourself useful and start casting the blizzard spell. I'll join you shortly."

Esmeralda harrumphed, but grudgingly obliged, striding off a few paces, her horn already glowing. "Star, start gathering as many clouds as you can. We'll need all the water we can get for the spell."

Icy then shook Fox's shoulder gently. "Dear, if you can, run back to town, and get help. With any luck, we might still catch somepony who's on duty on this frigid evening." She smiled a little. "We can resume our sojourn afterwards."
    Lone Star shot into the sky without a word, going straight for the curtain of clouds above.

"Och, ya sound like ye could use a drink," Shell Shock said with a crooked smile. "Let's go then!"
    They ain't gonna know what hit 'em. Over a decade of work... Wrench's eye twitched as he started to walk. It'd better be fixable.

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh pony princesses...we're kinda aways from town...it would take me at least an hour by hoof..."
    He lamented and shook his head, dramatically, so that his mane shook like he was a L'Oréin shampoo commercial, because he's worth it.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Firbolg in the Playground

(Colours may change slightly.)

Tyrol felt his eye twitch a little. Did this pompous paladin just dismiss him just from appearances? "Well, Miss, you wouldn't really know unless you play me, would you?"

"You hear that, Tyrol? Try not to embarrass yourself too much, okay? We guards still have a reputation to keep."

"I can hear that," Tyrol muttered darkly.

"Well you've got the ego running a bit wild to work with,"
    Staccata simply comments before going back to her tea and slyly receiving an envelope.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star shot into the sky without a word, going straight for the curtain of clouds above.
    And while Lone Star got to work, Esmeralda closed her eyes, starting to recite words of power, tapping in her inner energies. Her horn began to glow brighter.

"Oh pony princesses...we're kinda aways from town...it would take me at least an hour by hoof..."
    He lamented and shook his head, dramatically, so that his mane shook like he was a L'Oréin shampoo commercial, because he's worth it.
    Icy shook her head. "That is unfortunate. I pray we can put this fire out on our own, but if not..." She let her words hang in the air.

They ain't gonna know what hit 'em. Over a decade of work... Wrench's eye twitched as he started to walk. It'd better be fixable.
    (Skipping ahead then?)

29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground

Whether by coincidence or fate, that would be when Big Brother shows up.

"I believe this is where seating begins for the play?"

He's completely out of his armor, instead having opted for a cream-colored suit that compliments the shade of his mane (and notably hides his flanks very well), as well as the scarf from before, but his tone and bright green eyes leave no doubt as to Dawnstrider's identity. He looks out of his element and a bit strained, but also not as imposing. He's managing a soft smile - maybe a grimace forced the other direction - that's almost identical to Taylor's default expression. He bears the glazed-over look deep in his pupils that makes it plain to someone with Night Jewel's experience that he's keeping watch over everything in his field of view simultaneously, but he doesn't seem wary.
    Night Jewel grinned. "Of course! Come on, I'll find the best spots for us. That's one of the perks of helping out here."

She led him over towards the front row, looking for the place with the best view.

"So, want to talk for a bit? Things don't seem too busy yet."

"Oh, uh skating. Yeah. Totally done that before."

"It's not as hard as it looks. Fortunately, we come equipped with four stable legs each."

"Okay, but if I start to tip over I'm totally cheating."

"Just remember not to counterbalance with to much force on the ice; it might crack."
    Blades laughed. "Oh, I'm sure ya'll work it out. I wasn't much bigger than ya when I learned skatin'! In fact, maybe I was younger. I can't quite remember when it was. Was it before or after I dismembered that ram?... Well, anyway, ya've got time to learn!"

If the others didn't have anything else to say, the trio would proceed to the acquisition of skates.

"I wouldn't call it ridiculous. We all have different ways of looking at beauty. Some things that don't really have a use otherwise have value because we want it to. It's just the way we are. And if something is beautiful just because we say it is, well, that's more happiness for the other ponies who think the same way. And that's the really beautiful thing."
    "Yes, I suppose. It is simply that the unintended realization is somewhat embarrassing after what happened earlier. I suppose at my age, such... I do not know the right words to describe them... do not really seem dignified."

Flare then smiled and shook her head. "But perhaps I am being overly cynical. What is important is that we enjoy the activity. And I do enjoy creating these symbols of connection."

"I have no doubt you'd do better than most, but you'd go crazy inside a month. It's why I stay on the outskirts, or in small towns. There's not a lot to get in the way of making a real difference. Ask Tyrol and Lemongrass, or even Staccata. I'd bet they're all here because the help is what matters as much as where it's applied." She coughs and gets her hooves on another drink. "I'm getting all weepy and dark over here, though. Redirection!"
    Blueshield responded by pulling out a piece of paper.

"63 counts of burglary, 94 counts of petty theft, 21 counts of vandalism, 48 counts of smuggling, 33 counts of obstructing officers of the law, 19 counts of unlicensed flying carpet ownership, 12 counts of grand theft carpet, 1 count of public urination, 26 counts of soliciting illicit activities'... Persistent offences of all varieties short of violent crime and treason, all committed by a single unicorn." She folded up the piece of paper and put it away again. "This is what I had to put up with for years. A month of arrogant aristocrats should be manageable."

"Mm." Snowstorm takes a sip and matches the Blueshield's swap in linguistics with a more halting by nonetheless experienced tongue. "I do not believe that to be as much of a problem as one other might surmise." Another quaff. "Turns out getting raised by diplomats has some hidden advantages. Sorry if I butchered that a little bit - you should hear my Griffon, it's even more rusty."
    "Good. You would not pass for a native speaker, but you can speak with locals as much as needed." She took a sip of cider, then switched back to the Equestrian tongue. "Now, I must ask you for what purpose you would come. I made the mistake of not preparing long-range plans upon arrival in your country, and only fortune allowed me to find a suitable position. I would not recommend doing likewise."

"Huh. I've never had somepony make me feel better and give me an economical philosophy lesson at the same time before."
    Blueshield chuckled lightly. "I have practice providing lectures on the impracticality of immorality to demotivate the unscrupulous. I suppose it was only a matter of time before I adapted my techniques to the opposite purpose."

"Really? Then be prepared to face the full extent of my skill."

Blueshield took out a portable chess board and placed it between herself and the guard. She then retrieved two small bags of wooden pieces and put them into place, with the white pieces nearer Tyrol.

"You may make the first move, if you so desire. My preference is not to take the role of aggressor."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

And while Lone Star got to work, Esmeralda closed her eyes, starting to recite words of power, tapping in her inner energies. Her horn began to glow brighter.

Icy shook her head. "That is unfortunate. I pray we can put this fire out on our own, but if not..." She let her words hang in the air.

(Skipping ahead then?)
    (sure)

Lone Star brought the clouds down in bits and pieces, each a bit larger than a pony. With something this dangerous it was important to do it properly and bringing much more than that down at once would quickly become unwieldy.

Hey, he was a writer and songfighter, not a weather manager.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-05-04 at 11:18 AM.

Extended Sig