New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] Backstage: CUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Balboa faintly smiled at her. "Thank you Miss Icy Touch. My condolences to you as well."
    Icy nodded slightly, a faint smile gracing her lips. Perhaps... Balboa wasn't so bad after all. Or was he merely trying to worm his way into her trust? Fox certainly didn't trust his father, but she knew little about the actual cause.

"Anyway, I suppose we should return to lighter matters. I presume our dinner later is still as agreed?" she asked, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Its the pudding hat isn't it?" Idle said with a goofy smile. "Well anyways, thanks for the vote of confidence buddy, I feel better already," He gave Silverpine a hearty pat. His ears then maneuvered like an antenna upon hearing Snowflake.

He then appeared right in front of her in a cartoonish manner. "You will do awesome Miss Snowflake, heck, if I can do it, so can you, cuz you're awesome." He nodded his head assuredly.
    Snowflake shot Idle a grateful smile, giving him a hug. "Thanks. I kinda needed that. You certainly look the part." She looked up and waved at Silverpine and Gearstride. "Hey there, you two in the play too?"

"Yeah. Only as one of the extras though."

"Hee. I guess Miss Soliloquy doesn't trust outsiders with a bigger role. Don't take it personally. She likes everything run according to plan."

"I can see that," Silverpine replied dryly, again reminded of how the director kept hectoring him about his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    "Sounds more like a loose end to me," Staccata retorts before casually going back to her tea, nothing else to really say at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "If you wish to criticize, do you have any alternatives to offer? I am open to suggestions."
    Tyrol and Lemongrass both listened intently, though not quite as eager to step into what they consider to be a brewing storm.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-07-30 at 08:41 AM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Esmeralda certainly wasn't about to question good luck. She rewarded the lucky waiter who let them in with a kiss, and sashayed in, enjoying all the envious stare that was directed at both her and Lone Star. "Now... hmm, what should we order?" she mused, after both of them settled into their seat.
    Lone Star gave the poor waiter a death glare before they went to the table. Star still didn't take Es' flirting very well, it seemed.

He turned back to Es and smiled as they sat down. I was gonna get some haygetti - been eating too much lasagna lately. He pointed to the menu. If you don't know what you want, I think you'd like the Alicorn Hair pasta.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Lone Star gave the poor waiter a death glare before they went to the table. Star still didn't take Es' flirting very well, it seemed.

He turned back to Es and smiled as they sat down. I was gonna get some haygetti - been eating too much lasagna lately. He pointed to the menu. If you don't know what you want, I think you'd like the Alicorn Hair pasta.
    Poor waiter indeed. Twas' quite the mood whiplash from being quite flattered to terrified for his life as Lone Star gave him a dose of death glare.

Esmeralda hummed and flipped through the menu aimlessly for a few more moments, before putting it down. "Fine. I think I'll have the Alicorn Hair pasta then. Maybe with some wine to go with it. A merlot sounds perfect for this occasion." Her mind made up, she'd wave over a waiter to take their orders. Unfortunately, the same waiter who had greeted them earlier was caught by her wave. He would politely write down both of their orders, his eyes firmly on the notebook, before retreating quickly to avoid drawing any more unnecessary wrath on himself.

Esmeralda then sighed wistfully, as the waiter disappeared. "Cute fellow, that one."

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

Icy nodded slightly, a faint smile gracing her lips. Perhaps... Balboa wasn't so bad after all. Or was he merely trying to worm his way into her trust? Fox certainly didn't trust his father, but she knew little about the actual cause.

"Anyway, I suppose we should return to lighter matters. I presume our dinner later is still as agreed?" she asked, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Of course Miss Icy, I even got the reservations for us, it was amusing how the restaurant went from completely booked to suddenly a table was available with the mere mention of who I was, it is a perk,"
    He heartily chuckled and smiled. Fox rolled his eyes.
    ====

Snowflake shot Idle a grateful smile, giving him a hug. "Thanks. I kinda needed that. You certainly look the part." She looked up and waved at Silverpine and Gearstride. "Hey there, you two in the play too?"

"Yeah. Only as one of the extras though."

"Hee. I guess Miss Soliloquy doesn't trust outsiders with a bigger role. Don't take it personally. She likes everything run according to plan."

"I can see that," Silverpine replied dryly, again reminded of how the director kept hectoring him about his performance.
    "A visionary perfectionist that one is," Idle Chat added with some air quotes and chuckled.

"That costume looks pretty sweet actually,"
    Gearstride commented as she stared ate Snowflake's Commander Hurricane's costume.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Poor waiter indeed. Twas' quite the mood whiplash from being quite flattered to terrified for his life as Lone Star gave him a dose of death glare.

Esmeralda hummed and flipped through the menu aimlessly for a few more moments, before putting it down. "Fine. I think I'll have the Alicorn Hair pasta then. Maybe with some wine to go with it. A merlot sounds perfect for this occasion." Her mind made up, she'd wave over a waiter to take their orders. Unfortunately, the same waiter who had greeted them earlier was caught by her wave. He would politely write down both of their orders, his eyes firmly on the notebook, before retreating quickly to avoid drawing any more unnecessary wrath on himself.

Esmeralda then sighed wistfully, as the waiter disappeared. "Cute fellow, that one."
    (I'm going to presume that Es has a spell that prevents alcohol from getting to the kid)

Lone Star made his own order, then cocked an eyebrow at Es as the waiter walked away. I'll take your word for it. He said dryly.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

"...If that's the case, I assume I have to follow a princess. That could be a problem. I don't exactly do that whole 'inherent trust of authority or higher powers' thing, and trying to form a more individual relationship with one would be awkward."

Night Jewel put a hoof to her chin. "Regardless, I'll take notes about the most likely possibilities. Do you know anypony from Cadance's groups?"
    "It's more complex than that. The Orders gain their social and spiritual powers from the princesses, but the process is passive, and devotion is less common now than it used to be, at least past lip service. More often than not, accepting a princess is tertiary, and most paladins prefer to dedicate themselves to an ideal, such as liberty or confidence. Mimicry of the Elements of Harmony is particularly popular in modern times. I myself am a paladin of Protection, under one of Celestia's orders by bloodline and happenstance. The Three Seats are varied enough that any virtue is likely to be expounded by at least one Order in a set. As I said, joining an Order is more important for the benefit of the Order itself than what it embodies. One cannot overlook the benefit of a stable foundation and a group of allies upon whom you can always rely.

As for Cadance, most paladins know of each other to some degree, as there aren't enough of us left to become confused by a storm of names. I will note that they tend to be the most welcoming, for obvious reasons."

Blades shook her head. "There were traces of coal here 'n there, but it was more iron. I think the dogs were for sniffin' out ores. Ya'd probly enjoy it anyway, though."

She glanced over at Stellar. "Hey, how are ya holdin' up over there?"
    "I'm debating whether or not going faster is worth the risk of tumbling horn-first. Legs are all for it, so I have to assume they've got a vendetta against me."

"Just keep your center of gravity in line with a path; it's harder to fall down the faster you go."

"Yeah, see, my brain says that's solid, but the rest of me thinks it's a recipe for disaster."

"Should I start quoting terribly cliche proverbs, maybe?"

"Gah! Okay, I'll go faster!"

"A point. She might get frustrated, use the sculpture for target practice, and have to start from the beginning."

Flare had an easier time with making this snowpony. Part of it was her growing skill while part was the smaller amount of work to do. "Stellar is an interesting pony as well. She is unlike any of us. Abrasive, but not actively harmful most of the time, and rather pitiable at times. Some other ponies might be annoying with those traits, but she is strangely... endearing, I suppose, in her own way."
    "She puts on a brave face." Arvadraa notes sadly. "Like she's terrified of showing weakness, but knows she can't be strong all of the time. I wish she would be calm sometimes, but I suppose I can understand why she doesn't like to let her guard down. But Horne says she has more personal loyalty than he's seen in a long time. I'm glad she's with us...well, with you and Blades, anyway. I think she only tolerates me because of Him, but we're getting there."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course Miss Icy, I even got the reservations for us, it was amusing how the restaurant went from completely booked to suddenly a table was available with the mere mention of who I was, it is a perk,"
    He heartily chuckled and smiled. Fox rolled his eyes.
    "Ah. A reservation. How convenient," Icy said, keeping a carefully neutral face. Fox didn't need more reasons to dislike his father more. "I presume this carriage is taking us straight to the place then?"

"A visionary perfectionist that one is," Idle Chat added with some air quotes and chuckled.

"That costume looks pretty sweet actually,"
    Gearstride commented as she stared ate Snowflake's Commander Hurricane's costume.
    "Thanks!" Snowflake replied, looking quite happy at the compliment. Then her ears perked up in the direction of the stage. "Oh dear, I think I hear Miss Director calling. See you guys on the set!" The pegasus waved again and quickly took off.

Silverpine waved back. "Bye!" He turned to Idle and Gearstride. "I think that's our cue to get ready as well."

(I'm going to presume that Es has a spell that prevents alcohol from getting to the kid)

Lone Star made his own order, then cocked an eyebrow at Es as the waiter walked away. I'll take your word for it. He said dryly.
    (Technically, fetal alcohol syndrome only occurs with excessive drinking. A glass of wine or two wouldn't hurt.)

"Oh, you should. These sort of stallions are quite easy prey," Esmeralda giggled, not quite considering the impact of her words.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

(Technically, fetal alcohol syndrome only occurs with excessive drinking. A glass of wine or two wouldn't hurt.)

"Oh, you should. These sort of stallions are quite easy prey," Esmeralda giggled, not quite considering the impact of her words.
    (Last I checked that was a myth, but whatever)

Sure. Lone Star growled, grabbing a breadstick and munching on it. Glad you're enjoying those sorts of stallions. His tone suggested otherwise.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

(Last I checked that was a myth, but whatever)

Sure. Lone Star growled, grabbing a breadstick and munching on it. Glad you're enjoying those sorts of stallions. His tone suggested otherwise.
    Esmeralda finally noticed Lone Star's disapproval, albeit somewhat belatedly. She pouted a little. "Oh Star, don't give me that look. You know I'm devoted to you. I'm simply remarking how easy on the eye this one was... and how easily manipulable these sort can be. With the right incentives, of course." She blinked, then quickly added. "Not that Icy lets me do anything fun these days."
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-08-02 at 11:34 AM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda finally noticed Lone Star's disapproval, albeit somewhat belatedly. She pouted a little. "Oh Star, don't give me that look. You know I'm devoted to you. I'm simply remarking how easy on the eye this one was... and how easily manipulable these sort can be. With the right incentives, of course." She blinked, then quickly added. "Not that Icy lets me do anything fun these days."
    I know, I know... He poked his fork into the tablecloth, as if there was a plate of hayghetti there already. Trying not to be jealous. Not doing a very good job.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #521
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tyrol and Lemongrass both listened intently, though not quite as eager to step into what they consider to be a brewing storm.
    It's a quiet storm then, because Staccata is still doing the 'vague disinterest' sort of attitude at this point, even during the disagreement. "If you want a pony to stop being an issue, you have to root out the what and how the behavior. Go after the support and assets, make their justification go away. Identities are cheap, and slighted ponies have a habit of coming back."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

I know, I know... He poked his fork into the tablecloth, as if there was a plate of hayghetti there already. Trying not to be jealous. Not doing a very good job.
    "Aw. I apologise for that. Make up to you, later?" Esmeralda winked, putting on a charming smile. Whose effect was interrupted by their food arriving; the same waiter quickly dispensing their meals without looking at either of the pair and disappearing just as quickly.

It's a quiet storm then, because Staccata is still doing the 'vague disinterest' sort of attitude at this point, even during the disagreement. "If you want a pony to stop being an issue, you have to root out the what and how the behavior. Go after the support and assets, make their justification go away. Identities are cheap, and slighted ponies have a habit of coming back."
    (Waiting for Purity before continuing.)

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

"Aw. I apologise for that. Make up to you, later?" Esmeralda winked, putting on a charming smile. Whose effect was interrupted by their food arriving; the same waiter quickly dispensing their meals without looking at either of the pair and disappearing just as quickly.
    Lone Star perked up a bit. He could never stay jealous when she smiled like that. Sounds good. Sorry I get jealous. He started to eat his food a bit before stopping. Look, uh... if you ever... not really sure how to say this... want some easy prey... or a third wheel... er... well... that, uh... would be... okay? I... He facehoofed. Nevermind. Not sure what I'm saying.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah. A reservation. How convenient," Icy said, keeping a carefully neutral face. Fox didn't need more reasons to dislike his father more. "I presume this carriage is taking us straight to the place then?"

"That would be quite convenient eh? Picking you lot up just in time after particular shenanigans, no no, too many variables. Originally I was simply going to take this carriage into town, but I see you waste no time Miss Icy,"
    He smiled and then nodded at Astrid who then pressed a button and spoke into some device.

"Course change, head for Chez LeStable on Rein Street," She said and then awaited for the confirmation. She then looked at the others. "Route changed." She then returned to going over her paperwork and writing some notes.

"Thanks!" Snowflake replied, looking quite happy at the compliment. Then her ears perked up in the direction of the stage. "Oh dear, I think I hear Miss Director calling. See you guys on the set!" The pegasus waved again and quickly took off.

Silverpine waved back. "Bye!" He turned to Idle and Gearstride. "I think that's our cue to get ready as well."
    "Alright everypony heheh...break a leg!" Idle Chat grinned as he then nodded and took off in his own direction.

"Only the breakiest, heh,"
    Gearstride said and then nuzzled Silverpine. "Alright my peasant earth pony, let is go get our peasant on heh."

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star perked up a bit. He could never stay jealous when she smiled like that. Sounds good. Sorry I get jealous. He started to eat his food a bit before stopping. Look, uh... if you ever... not really sure how to say this... want some easy prey... or a third wheel... er... well... that, uh... would be... okay? I... He facehoofed. Nevermind. Not sure what I'm saying.
    Even bungled like that, Lone Star had Esmeralda full and instant attention. The tantalising chance of being able to fool around... She smiled again, quite earnestly. "That's sweet, Star. But..." Her expression fell a little. "... well, I made a promise to Icy. Not to ... repeat our mistakes."

"That would be quite convenient eh? Picking you lot up just in time after particular shenanigans, no no, too many variables. Originally I was simply going to take this carriage into town, but I see you waste no time Miss Icy,"
    He smiled and then nodded at Astrid who then pressed a button and spoke into some device.

"Course change, head for Chez LeStable on Rein Street," She said and then awaited for the confirmation. She then looked at the others. "Route changed." She then returned to going over her paperwork and writing some notes.
    "Ah." Icy sat back and hummed thoughtfully, then glanced over at Fox, who seemed to be awfully quiet. "Are you alright, dear?"

"Alright everypony heheh...break a leg!" Idle Chat grinned as he then nodded and took off in his own direction.

"Only the breakiest, heh,"
    Gearstride said and then nuzzled Silverpine. "Alright my peasant earth pony, let is go get our peasant on heh."
    Silverpine nuzzled back. "Let's do this then, Gear," he said happily, trotting towards their allocated stage place.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

Some time later, all the business on stage attracted Sandy's attention, briefly snapping him out of his daze. "Wha-? Oh dears. Here they are, gettin' ready t'start an' I've only ushered one family." He chided himself and wiped at his puffy eyes. "I'm supposed t'be workin', not attendin' my own pity party."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Even bungled like that, Lone Star had Esmeralda full and instant attention. The tantalising chance of being able to fool around... She smiled again, quite earnestly. "That's sweet, Star. But..." Her expression fell a little. "... well, I made a promise to Icy. Not to ... repeat our mistakes."
    ... Alright. He took a sip of his drink. You two are getting along?

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "It's more complex than that. The Orders gain their social and spiritual powers from the princesses, but the process is passive, and devotion is less common now than it used to be, at least past lip service. More often than not, accepting a princess is tertiary, and most paladins prefer to dedicate themselves to an ideal, such as liberty or confidence. Mimicry of the Elements of Harmony is particularly popular in modern times. I myself am a paladin of Protection, under one of Celestia's orders by bloodline and happenstance. The Three Seats are varied enough that any virtue is likely to be expounded by at least one Order in a set. As I said, joining an Order is more important for the benefit of the Order itself than what it embodies. One cannot overlook the benefit of a stable foundation and a group of allies upon whom you can always rely.
    "Good. This will be easier than I expected, then... Is it really that simple? I'd expect there to be more of you if it were."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    As for Cadance, most paladins know of each other to some degree, as there aren't enough of us left to become confused by a storm of names. I will note that they tend to be the most welcoming, for obvious reasons."
    "That doesn't help me find them. That makes her orders less accessible to me. I'll just have to talk to lunar paladins in the meantime to learn more of their ways. Then, when I know all I want to about every order, I'll make my decision in full.

"Regardless of what I choose, though... I know I have some ponies I can rely on, and they're right here." Night Jewel smiled. "Even if I don't find a place in an Order or whatever, I have a place with you. And right now, that matters more."

"I'm debating whether or not going faster is worth the risk of tumbling horn-first. Legs are all for it, so I have to assume they've got a vendetta against me."

"Just keep your center of gravity in line with a path; it's harder to fall down the faster you go."

"Yeah, see, my brain says that's solid, but the rest of me thinks it's a recipe for disaster."

"Should I start quoting terribly cliche proverbs, maybe?"

"Gah! Okay, I'll go faster!"
    "Yar instincts are tellin' ya what to do. Better listen to 'em!" Blades grinned. "If ya're goin' fast enough, ya won't have time to fall down! Go on! I wanna see ya in full action!"

"She puts on a brave face." Arvadraa notes sadly. "Like she's terrified of showing weakness, but knows she can't be strong all of the time. I wish she would be calm sometimes, but I suppose I can understand why she doesn't like to let her guard down. But Horne says she has more personal loyalty than he's seen in a long time. I'm glad she's with us...well, with you and Blades, anyway. I think she only tolerates me because of Him, but we're getting there."
    Flare nodded. "When she has seen the worst of ponies for so long, expecting more of it is only natural."

She then paused. "Of course, it is still odd that she would prefer me to you, considering your gentle nature. I am unsure that 'we both can and will use magic to the greatest extent possible' is the best basis for friendship."

Blueshield, rather than irritated, seemed intrigued.

"So to prevent her activities, I need to eliminate her motivation. That has logic to it; no action is taken without a purpose. If her reasons for illicit behaviours are removed, she will not persist in such behaviours, and if she has strong incentives to remain in your country, she will not return to mine. Perhaps I should investigate her psychology further to determine what elements might motivate her beyond force of arms."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

... Alright. He took a sip of his drink. You two are getting along?
    "About as well as you'd expect," Esmeralda replied moodily, as she dug into her own food and began chewing. "We keep our peace. She keeps to her side of the line, and I keep to mine. It's a ... reasonable arrangement for most part." Well, it wasn't news that Esmeralda never got on well with her erst-while twin. Especially given that they're polar opposites in terms of personality.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

"Good. This will be easier than I expected, then... Is it really that simple? I'd expect there to be more of you if it were."
    "Indeed. In truth, the common perception of the Orders does not endear us to the common folk as much as it used to. Many of your initial assumptions, for example, are in the majority. Celestia's Orders 'hogging the spotlight' for the majority of her fall didn't help matters. There are more squires than paladins, this is true, but knighthood is a risky proposition. It implies a complete two-way trust, not just between knight and Order, but between the Knight and their Code. I refuse to cast aspersions on those who choose not to devote themselves so wholeheartedly to this one pursuit, even as varied as it could be; in point of fact, aversion to the concept is quite natural."

"That doesn't help me find them. That makes her orders less accessible to me. I'll just have to talk to lunar paladins in the meantime to learn more of their ways. Then, when I know all I want to about every order, I'll make my decision in full.
    "Ah. My apologies. I misunderstood your question. Contact is fairly straightforward, actually. And, more poignantly, it is not uncommon to see paladins or prospective squires on a sort of pilgrimage between their Order of choice and others, usually for your exact reasoning. I know of at least two spending time in Canterlot presently, at least when last I checked."

"Regardless of what I choose, though... I know I have some ponies I can rely on, and they're right here." Night Jewel smiled. "Even if I don't find a place in an Order or whatever, I have a place with you. And right now, that matters more."
    Silver responds with a smile and another hug, and Dawnstrider's eyes become immediately and noticeably wetter. He attempts to speak, but the words don't quite make it out until he tries again. "I...am honored by your consideration."

"Yar instincts are tellin' ya what to do. Better listen to 'em!" Blades grinned. "If ya're goin' fast enough, ya won't have time to fall down! Go on! I wanna see ya in full action!"
    "Ugh, is now a bad time to ask for a net?" Stellar calls back, head turned. She yelps and staggers to one side, narrowly missing another skater, and in attempting to regain balance her limbs flail wildly, somehow managing to keep her aloft, but putting on more speed than she expected. Soon enough, she's off the ice and face-first into a pile of snow, rear hooves sticking out in, well, a cartoonish fashion.

Starbeam is silent for a moment, her features deliberately void of expression, though she appears ready to charge into action if need be. This line of thought quickly renders itself moot, though, and Stellar hoists herself up, one skate somehow managing to have misplaced itself entrance-first atop her head like a hat. Her shoulders are covered in snow and she looks partly bemused and partly sheepish. "Uhhh. I mean, it's no circus-grade trampoline, but I guess snow works."

Starbeam glances at Blades and her mouth twitches, waiting on a nonverbal cue to burst out laughing.

Flare nodded. "When she has seen the worst of ponies for so long, expecting more of it is only natural."

She then paused. "Of course, it is still odd that she would prefer me to you, considering your gentle nature. I am unsure that 'we both can and will use magic to the greatest extent possible' is the best basis for friendship."
    "She probably thinks the weaknesses of my personality are - repeat that? - 'abhorrent'. She's so used to being strong and being around strength that deference is just strange. Also I, um, made off with her father figure's soul and basically killed him, so that didn't help."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Some time later, all the business on stage attracted Sandy's attention, briefly snapping him out of his daze. "Wha-? Oh dears. Here they are, gettin' ready t'start an' I've only ushered one family." He chided himself and wiped at his puffy eyes. "I'm supposed t'be workin', not attendin' my own pity party."
    "Hey, now," Sunshine mock-chides, offering a soft smile. "A very wise mare once told me that parties of any kind are made to make a pony feel better. If it helped at all, I'd go so far as to say the 'pity-party' wasn't entirely a bad thing. And while this last bit is a little late, if you or the stage crew need anything, I'm more than happy to lend a hoof."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

"About as well as you'd expect," Esmeralda replied moodily, as she dug into her own food and began chewing. "We keep our peace. She keeps to her side of the line, and I keep to mine. It's a ... reasonable arrangement for most part." Well, it wasn't news that Esmeralda never got on well with her erst-while twin. Especially given that they're polar opposites in terms of personality.
    Ah. Lone Star took a drink. You wanna sleep at my place tonight then? The bed's a little small for two but I keep it nice and warm~... or i can sleep on the couch.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah." Icy sat back and hummed thoughtfully, then glanced over at Fox, who seemed to be awfully quiet. "Are you alright, dear?"

"I'm fine sweetie, I just have little to say at the moment,"
    He said tensely, eyes locked on Balboa who just placed ignorant and carried with sipping his hot cocoa. "Please do not mind me."

The carriage would continue on as soon the click clack of the wheels hitting cobblestone could be heard along with sounds of general activity clearly indicating they were in town, looking out the curtained window would confirm that.
    ====

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Heya!" He would soon hear Prompter call out to him as she trotted over to him with a beaming smile. "Play is about to start...get them patro---" Her smile disappeared as she took note of his puffy eyes. "Are you alright? Do you have allergies or something? I think we have some medicine for that in the First Aid kit maybe."

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah. Lone Star took a drink. You wanna sleep at my place tonight then? The bed's a little small for two but I keep it nice and warm~... or i can sleep on the couch.
    Esmeralda laughed, a little of her mischevious smirk returning. "Oh Star, you really don't need to. Between a choice of sleeping with you on a slightly too small bed or you sleeping on the couch, I know what I'll choose every time!" Another wink.

Then her expression took a lighter turn. "Speaking of home, maybe we can go visit your hometown. It'll be fun!"

"I'm fine sweetie, I just have little to say at the moment,"
    He said tensely, eyes locked on Balboa who just placed ignorant and carried with sipping his hot cocoa. "Please do not mind me."

The carriage would continue on as soon the click clack of the wheels hitting cobblestone could be heard along with sounds of general activity clearly indicating they were in town, looking out the curtained window would confirm that.
    Icy lifted the curtain a little to glance outside, having pretty much ran out of things to say without adding to the awkward atmosphere in the cab.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda laughed, a little of her mischevious smirk returning. "Oh Star, you really don't need to. Between a choice of sleeping with you on a slightly too small bed or you sleeping on the couch, I know what I'll choose every time!" Another wink.
    He grinned. Oh I know. It just seems polite to make sure~

Then her expression took a lighter turn. "Speaking of home, maybe we can go visit your hometown. It'll be fun!"
    Lone Star choked on his drink for a moment. Apparently deciding that that wasn't quite enough to communicate how surprised he was, he then drank some more soda so he could spit-take. Um, what?

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

A certain very popular Haytalian Restaurant

Eventually the carriage would come to a slow stop as the puller announced their destination. Balboa smiled at the group and gestured toward the door.

"Shall we?"
    He asked as the puller appeared and opened the door. Fox mumbled something that sounded like a 'yea sure whatever' as he stepped out and via his general annoyed feelings forgot about being gentlecolt and assisting Icy down all proper-like.

Upon taking note that his son was caught up in his own stubbornness, Balboa would offer up to assist Icy out all gentlecolty and what-not along with Astrid who remained all quiet about it all. In her silence however, she continued to take mental notes on the little things, filing them away for Balboa's use later.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

He grinned. Oh I know. It just seems polite to make sure~

Lone Star choked on his drink for a moment. Apparently deciding that that wasn't quite enough to communicate how surprised he was, he then drank some more soda so he could spit-take. Um, what?
    "Oh, I know all your stories about your home. I want to see it for myself. It certainly better than milling about in this droll town anyway," Esmeralda continued, chuckling a little at Star's reaction. Certainly something to see him be flabbergasted.

A certain very popular Haytalian Restaurant

Eventually the carriage would come to a slow stop as the puller announced their destination. Balboa smiled at the group and gestured toward the door.

"Shall we?"
    He asked as the puller appeared and opened the door. Fox mumbled something that sounded like a 'yea sure whatever' as he stepped out and via his general annoyed feelings forgot about being gentlecolt and assisting Icy down all proper-like.

Upon taking note that his son was caught up in his own stubbornness, Balboa would offer up to assist Icy out all gentlecolty and what-not along with Astrid who remained all quiet about it all. In her silence however, she continued to take mental notes on the little things, filing them away for Balboa's use later.
    Icy quietly took Balboa's hoof, her eyes glancing briefly in the direction of Fox. She wasn't annoyed though. More bemused that Fox could act so uncharacteristically in the presence of his father. With that, she stepped out of the carriage, and surveyed the restaurant. "This place seems quite crowded," she observed.

"Ah, Mr Balboa, welcome, welcome!" A light grey earth pony greeted the entourage, appearing before entourage from a side entrance. Apparently the restaurant owner, judging from the fancy clothes, carefully groomed moustache. "I see you brought quite the party with you! This way, this way..." He raised a hoof in the direction of the entrance, and the crowd was magically parted by his host of waiters and waitresses. Including a certain waiter, who gawked at Icy.

Nevertheless, if there was no incident, they would be brought to a specially made VIP table in a corner, which coincidentally isn't all that far from where Lone Star and Esmeralda was dining.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Against his wishes, even Fox found himself in minor awe at how much of a spectacle this became as crowds parted for them. Balboa took this all in his usual stride with a glistening smile, he knew there were eyes on him and hammed it up for all its worth in dramatic slow motion.

"Thank you my good sir, heh,"
    Balboa crookedly grinned as he then offered that the two ladies of this party take their seats first. "Madams."

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Against his wishes, even Fox found himself in minor awe at how much of a spectacle this became as crowds parted for them. Balboa took this all in his usual stride with a glistening smile, he knew there were eyes on him and hammed it up for all its worth in dramatic slow motion.

"Thank you my good sir, heh,"
    Balboa crookedly grinned as he then offered that the two ladies of this party take their seats first. "Madams."
    "Thank you," Icy said with a small smile, though again, she glanced at Fox with a little concern. Poor stallion didn't appear to be enjoying this much as well. Amidst all the gawking and spectator ponies, she failed to notice Lone Star nor his companion.

On the other hoof, her twin certainly noticed their grand entrance. "Hey Star. Look what the cat dragged in," she said with a nudge.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I know all your stories about your home. I want to see it for myself. It certainly better than milling about in this droll town anyway," Esmeralda continued, chuckling a little at Star's reaction. Certainly something to see him be flabbergasted.
    Lone Star shook his head vigorously. Uh, no. Bad idea. VERY bad idea. Horrible idea. I cannot express enough how bad of an idea it is to walk into Homeplace, let alone stay there for longer than it takes to fly over. Unless you're into going crazy I-

"Thank you," Icy said with a small smile, though again, she glanced at Fox with a little concern. Poor stallion didn't appear to be enjoying this much as well. Amidst all the gawking and spectator ponies, she failed to notice Lone Star nor his companion.

On the other hoof, her twin certainly noticed their grand entrance. "Hey Star. Look what the cat dragged in," she said with a nudge.
    Lone Star glanced. Oh. Icy. And Fox. And his dad, looks like. He then turned his head away. Want me to break his neck?

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Astrid took her seat, her gossamer wings folded nicely against her sides as Balboa sat down next to his assistant. Fox took his spot next to Icy and found himself right across from his father once again. There was silence for a few seconds until Balboa took the initiative to break it.

"You know, tis not too bad a place for such a small town,"
    He smiled as he took a nice look around his eyes briefly falling none other than Lone Star and Es, his brows quirked and then he continued to glance around before returning to settling on his company before him.

To their waiter he gave 'em a wink. "Bottle of your finest scotch my good sir."

"Any whom, tell me a bit about yourself Miss Icy, how long have you been living in Bridle Shores?"
    He asked the icy blue mare.