New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: For Alcohol and Glory! [IC Thread]

Kobayashi Riko
    HP: 35/35
    AC: 18

Flipping a single strand of hair back from her face, Riko allows a faint ghost of a smile to appear on her face. "Perhaps there is..."

An invisible wind ruffles through her hair and robes, and she settles down into a ready stance, drawing a paper amulet with one hand and a needle with the other. "I am. Let's begin."

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+11)[1](12)

Riko's initial stance is Duplex Barrier, which gives +4 to Listen, Spot and Initiative (and a +1 to maneuver DC and IL and +3 to Sense Motive because of racial feature). On this note, it is the general assumption that Riko will always have Duplex Barrier on when not in combat.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2014-01-09 at 05:28 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lili waved off the booze... Then looked surprised as Riko challenged a large Orc to a fight.

"I don't think this is a-"

Too late. They were squaring off, and Lili was leaning away carefully...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Xera Wengor
    HP 25
    AC 23 vs Riko, 18 vs everyone else
    status lets rock

With a wink, Xera says “Here I come!”. Her voice is punctuated by a powerful right hand punch aimed straight at the elf’s head.

Spoiler
    Show

Well what do you know, I can do non-lethal damage at no penalty; which is what I’m doing
    Also, initiating mountain hammer strike
    Attack:
    (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage:
    Unarmed strike
    (1d8+4)[5]
    Mountain hammer
    (2d6)[6]
    Attack overcomes damage reduction and hardness.

edit:
    wow terrible damage rolls; Riko is taking 11 points of non-lethal damage
    Last edited by TheThan; 2014-01-10 at 01:00 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Kobayashi Riko

As the punch comes rocketing forward, Riko seems to flicker out of sight for a split second, flickering back as two wavering mirror images. The punch strikes one of them, shredding it into an explosion of cheap paper amulets.

Exposed, the real Riko leaps back, tossing the glowing needle from her left hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assume all damage is nonlethal, because typing that on everything is a pain when you're using an iPod.

Immediate: Initiate Instant Dimensional Rift, creating a double of Riko. Due to the roll in the OOC, the attack strikes the double, creating a barrage of amulets dealing damage equal to my Wis mod (3), with a Reflex DC 16 for half.

5' step away from Xera.

Standard: Throw a needle, using Persuasion Needle from the tactical feat Dichromatic Lotus Butterfly, attack deals half damage, but gives you a -11 on Bluff, Disguise, Intimidate, Hide and Move Silently checks. It can be removed as a standard action.
    Attack: (1d20+8)[5](13)
    Damage: 2 piercing
    Spoiler: If attack misses
    Show
    Homing Amulet (from tactical feat Highly Responsive to Prayers)
    Sense Motive vs Xera's AC. If it succeeds, the attack hits anyway. Costs 1 AoO. (4 total/round)
    Sense Motive: (1d20+15)[14](29)
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aurora
    After a bit of time looking around Aurora finds another open pit, with but a few people standing around it. In this ring, a fairly burly human stands, taking in the cheers of the small crowd around him after having dispatched another challenger. He sees Aurora and smirks, beckoning to her. "Well, is another here to honor Kord with a great battle?"

Abori
    It takes some time searching but there is someone gathered in a rather large crowd at the easternmost pit taking bets already. He would be the most likely to deal with, and he is taking efforts to be discreet since this is usually frowned upon in the temple itself.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    For something like this no.

Grothar
    Akarsis clapped his hands together and nodded eagerly. "The Guildhouse is willing to house any with magical ability for up to 3 days without any vows or job deals. The rooms are small but very clean, and food is provided as well as access to the more conventional tomes in our library. Does this appeal to you?"

Reda
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not in a noncombat situation, no. But if a fight breaks out in the crowd, then in parts of it the area counts as difficult terrain and other parts it requires a check to push through. But for now you are fine.

Among the fighting areas, another is set off a little away from the others, close enough to the other doors that it is probably considered a room for combat worship like the others. Here a tough-looking human dominates the arena, knocking foes to the ground with more complex techniques than befits someone with his appearance and behavior. Just now he called out to another in the area for a challenge.
    Around the other main pits the fighting keeps going strong, with a fair number of people (worshipers and not) watching eagerly. Near on of the pits, a man is quietly wandering around and speaking to a few select people in hushed tones.

Riko, Zera, and Lili
    The crowd and current bartender did not seem to take the sound of a potential dangerous fight well, but the pack was well watched and they did stand aside to allow room for the combat suddenly taking place before them. As the fighting started in full though, they cheered and oohed and aahed and placed bets on the two competitors, one direct and strong, the other flashy with some sort of magical talent.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

6. - Top - End - #36

Aurora grins and pulls a grappling hook from her pack, hooking it on the edge and jumping down, spiraling down the rope attached to it to stand before her opponent, "I'm always game for a fight," Aurora says, giving the rope a flick and bringing the grappling hook down to her hand, which is little more than four broken crowbars tied together with elaborately knotted twine, and stows it back in her pack.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll roll Initiative now

(1d20+6)[23]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Reda looks down into the pit where the new challenger has stepped in.

"Two, even. Are free-for-alls allowed, or shall we take turns?"
    Games I'm in:

Spoiler
    Show
    Askaretha's Ascension as Vaishirth

8. - Top - End - #38

Lili sighed, looking at and sizing up Riko's opponent while considering her options. She also looked to see if any of the town guard - especially magewatchers - were in the pub, while sizing up potential ides of her own...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Abori watches the man try to be secretive with some amusement before stepping over to him. He taps him on the shoulder and pulls out his gold. "25 gold on the one who just jumped in to win." He points to Aurora standing in the ring.
    Last edited by Jacior; 2014-01-29 at 11:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Reda and Aurora
    The tough-looking man looked at the two of them and grunted. "I didn't expect two challengers this way. I suppose we can all go at it." He smirked and cracked his knuckles. "But free for all, not all ganging up on me, or I'll call you out on it. So, you two ready then?" He took up his fighting stance, fist up, feet squared, keeping limber and focused.

Abori
    The betting man glanced at Abori, then looked over the fighters for a bit and smirked. "Well it seems like another joined that ring. You want your money on the flashy one though? Fine enough then. I gauge them as all relatively equal in potential ability, so if she wins, you get triple your money." He took the coin from him and bowed. "Thank you for your business."

Lili
    At the moment only a handful of guards are in here, people who were on break when this all started. And while none of them are moving to stop the fight, all of them have weapons at the ready.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

11. - Top - End - #41

"I'm game," Aurora says as she pulls a flask and takes a quick drink, if she was fighting two people she may as well get the advantage early. She then draws her sword, which would probably draw a few raised eyebrows seeing as it looked like a piece of junk.

Then she entered her drunken trance, wide grin plastered on her face, swaying slightly, and seemingly in a very relaxed stance. Every now and then a giggle escapes from her mouth.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Alcohol Charge
    +1 Bonus attack rolls, damage rolls and AC
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Xera Wengor
    HP 25
    AC 20
    status impressed
    ignoring the needle pokeing out of her shoulder muscle, The orc woman turn and says.
    "Not bad, lets see how you handle this."

Xera then wades in throwing a quick combination, a single jab at Riko's head followed by a low kick at her knee.

Spoiler
    Show

Taken 5 points of non-lethal damage, twenty more and I’m done.
    (I’m not sure if I’m close enough to do this, just let me know and I’ll edit the post and make new rolls in the OOC chat.)
    Five foot stepping to Riko and activating flurry of blows.
    Attacks
    Attack one (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage one (1d8+4)[5]
    Attack two (1d20+5)[25]
    Damage two(1d8+4)[5]
    Last edited by TheThan; 2014-01-31 at 12:25 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Reda slides into the pit, readying her rapier.

"Ready when you are."

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+9)[27]
    Games I'm in:

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Abori grins. And then turns towards the pit and sends Aurora a message. You better win, I just put my last coins on you. With that, he sits back to watch the fight.

15. - Top - End - #45

Lili looked towards the Guards cautiously, carefully slipping loosely in their direction, in case she needed to.... "Influence" their potential actions slightly. With the guards watching a fight like this, it was nigh-certain they'd jump in at some point.

16. - Top - End - #46

Kobayashi Riko
    Nonlethal: 5

Watching the fist, Riko twists her head to the side, but dodges directly into the follow-up kick. She hops back again, a faint smirk on her face. "...that kind of hurt..."

"...ASCENSION!"
    She leaps up and over Xera, her foot sticking out and coming down with a tremendous crash, swirls of flitting amulets surrounding her.

Spoiler
    Show
    5' step backward.

Full-round: Initiate Ascension Kick. Move through the air and over you, landing on the other side of you. DC 14 Reflex negates the damage.
    Damage: (1d6+5)[9] nonlethal

Swift: Enter stance Boundary - Duplex Damage Bounded Field. All enemies adjacent to me take 3 points of nonlethal damage (Reflex DC 16 negates). This can happen 1/round at most.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Xera
    HP 25/25; 14 nonlethal
    AC 20; 23 vs Riko

Xera’s eyebrow raises in surprise as she watches the elf make an impressive acrobatic leap. She takes a foot to the face and comes up with a bleeding lip. rubbing the blood away with the back of her hand, she says,
    "That kinda hurt" and leads in with a side kick aimed at Riko's abdomen.

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex saving throw (DC 14)
    (1d20+6)[8]

Reflex saving throw (DC 16)
    (1d20+6)[20]

Spinning around to face enemy, standard melee attack.
    attack
    (1d20+7)[19]

Damage
    (1d8+4)[8]
    Last edited by TheThan; 2014-01-31 at 02:48 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Kobayashi Riko
    HP:
    35/35; 13 nonlethal

Riko gasps as the kick strikes her, stumbling backward. She throws out a pair of amulets behind her and groans. "Tch... it was supposed to!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Duplex Damage Bounded Field is still active, so if you become adjacent to Riko again, you take 3 damage (Reflex DC 16 negates). Also, isn't your AC supposed to be 23 against Riko? With the stance and Dodge and all?

5' step backward.

Swift: Throw an amulet (Rapid Shot feat).
    Attack: (1d20+4)[20](24)
    Damage: 4
    Sense Motive (in case of miss): (1d20+12)[22]

Standard: Throw an amulet.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[12](16)
    Sense Motive (in case of miss): (1d20+12)[26]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That would be wonderful, thank you." Grothar quickly agrees and after the SP tour he eagerly started looking through the open library for books on the planes that he hadn't read yet.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Xera
    HP 25/25 17 nonlethal
    AC 24; 27 vs riko
    With a twist of her body, dodges both of the thrown amulets, she then moves in and throws a double roundhouse kick combo, one at Riko’s side, the other at her head.

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I forgot to put my AC vs riko. I’ve edited my post.
    Eating 3 non lethal for moving close; note to self, find maneuver that grants reach…
    Activating zypher dance on riko’s turn, grant me +4 to my AC; putting me at 27, both the attacks and the sense moves miss unless I’m missing something. I would totally switch to pearl of black doubt. But unfortunately, I can’t do an immediate action and a swift action one after the other, wish I had realized that before I picked my maneuvers. Otherwise my crazy defense combo would work.

Five foot step forward (eating the three damage), and flury of blows again:
    Attack s
    [roll]1d20+5 [/roll]
    (1d8+4)[8]
    (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d8+4)[10]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Reda and Aurora and Abori
    The Kord worshiper cracked his knuckles and grinned. As he took up a defensive combat posture he beckoned to his two opponents then lunged in, ready for glorious battle!

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+7)[22]
    It is unlikely that he will go first here. If he does, then I will post his action in my next response.

Xera and Riko and Lili
    The patrons of the tavern whooped and cheered for the fighting pair, while the bartender shook her head and continued working. This would help with business and she would be grateful, if the two didn't go the way of most fighters here and wreck the place more.
    Out of the group of out-to-lunch guards that were there watching, 4 cheered with the rest of the tavern while enjoying their meal and a show. One was much gruffer and serious, watching with his hand constantly teetering around his sword. And yet there was no reason to pull it yet. He muttered under his breath. "Adventurers..."

Grothar
    The place was of a fair size, with business areas mostly on the first and second floor, rooms for visitors and lower-ranked members on the lower floor, and rooms on the second and third floors for higher-ranked members of the guild.

Spoiler: OOc
    Show
    Would you like to make a check to research anything here in the library?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Reda grins briefly before rushing between the two others, then turning to strike the other challenger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Movement with Tumble check to prevent AoO: (1d20+24)[33] vs. DC 15

Auto-success, in absence of critical mishap rules.

Attack (1d20+6)[19]

Includes a -4 to deal nonlethal damage. Speaking of:

Rapier damage: (1d6+1)[5]

Skirmish damage: (2d6)[8]

I didn't see a rule that Skirmish cannot be done nonlethally. If the DM holds that Skirish only works with lethal attacks, ignore that.
    Games I'm in:

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll do a Knowledge(Nature) for any types of fire oriented fey that I haven't heard of before. (1d20+15)[20]

24. - Top - End - #54

Counterattack AoO
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble only blocks AoOs from movement, this is in response to your attack with a feat. I take a -4 penalty because you hit me.

Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[24]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+4)[5]
    Damage: (2d8+4)[13]

Aurora is hit but makes an attack of her own just as Reda makes hers.

Whether the attack hits or not, she grabs her flask, and chugs another gulp before making two drunken slashes with her sword then stumbles backwards a step.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use potion belt to use Drink Like a Demon as a Swift Action. Confirmed this with Hal before the game started.

2 Alcohol Charges
    +2 Attack, Damage, and AC

Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[20]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[17]

Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[16]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[15]

5 foot step backwards.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Reda and Aurora
    The other man chuckled and rushed the two. "Good moves, but you are aiming for the wrong target!" He neared the two of them and did a low sweeping kick at Aurora. Nearly simultaneously, quick as a steed in motion, he launched a heavy punch at Reda.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move to wear they are as a move action with Tumble to prevent AoO: (1d20+11)[13]

Attempting to trip Aurora, has the Improved Trip feat
    Melee Touch Attack: (1d20+6)[11] does not provoke AoO
    Strength Check to trip: (1d20+6)[12]
    Attack on Aurora if trip succeeds: (1d20+6)[24]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+6)[25]
    Damage: (2d8+2)[11] nonlethal

Using class feature to make an attack on Reda as an immediate action
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[25]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage: (2d8+2)[6] nonlethal

Grothar
    The library does have a great many books on various things, though most of its research on the fey is based on the most commonly known fey, or else theoretical. There is a passing mention to a type of fey called a Domovoi that is rarely heard much of. There is also a brief few pages of writing about a type of fey known as the Calientos. But that is all that could be found concerning fire-based fey.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

"Yahoo!" Aurora shouts as she jumps over the sweeping kick, making a counterattack of her own.

Spoiler
    Show
    Counterattack
    Attack:
    (1d20+9)[22]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[12]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

"Hmp. If you insist."

Reda shifts around the two again, trying to keep her movements unpredictable, focusing on defense.

Spoiler
    Show
    Skirmish, Combat expertise 5. AC is now 27.

Tumble: [Not even rolling]

Nonlethal rapier against the monk (Guessing): (1d20+1)[9]
    Confirm critical: (1d20+1)[7]

Damage: (1d6+1)[6]
    Extra damage if critical: (1d6+1)[2]
    Skirmish damage: (2d6)[6]
    Games I'm in:

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Looking completely fresh despite the earlier hit, Aurora twists around, ending up between Reda and the other challenger, and spins, striking both with her sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Whirlwind Blitz

Target Reda
    Attack:
    (1d20+7)[10]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[12]

Target Kord Priest
    Attack:
    (1d20+7)[26]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[15]

These are lethal attacks, but I'll be switching to nonlethal when HP starts getting low.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2014-02-03 at 06:44 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Reda and Aurora
    The worshiper takes a heavy hit across the chest. He collapses in the center of the fighting area, a fair amount of blood spreading from where he lay.

Grothar
    While in the middle of his research, Grothar is approached by a somewhat fidgety little human. "Ex-excuse me good s-sir, but d-do you by any ch-chance know of anyo-one in mercenary work? I b-beg pardon, but you look n-new hear, and I h-have already asked m-muh-many townspeople about it. The need is r-rather urgent, you see." He only then noticed what Grothar was doing and shrieked. "Oh! I-I am s-sorry for interfering in y-y-your reading. Perhaps I sh-should go..."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Kobayashi Riko
    HP:
    35/35; 13 nonlethal

Dancing backward from the kicks, Riko tosses out two more amulets that curve around, attempting to catch Xera in a pincer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex DC 16 or take 3 nonlethal damage from Duplex Damage Bounded Field if you enter a square adjacent to Riko.

5' step backward.

Standard: Throw an amulet.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[8](12)
    Sense Motive (in case of miss): (1d20+12)[16]

Swift: Throw an amulet.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[12](16)
    Sense Motive (in case of miss): (1d20+12)[16]
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2014-02-03 at 07:21 PM.