New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Life in Your Stories [IC]

William stops mid-stride when he spies the flickering yellow light. Raising a hand to halt the others, the nomad peers closer to the source of the flames.

"I believe we have reached our quarry. There." He points to the faint light in the distance. "I believe silence is key here. We do not know quite what we face." Will turns around, purple eyes alight with flecks of brilliant indigo. "I will scout them out. Those who are skilled with subtle arts may follow, if they wish."

With that the man begins to creep forward, glancing over his shoulder to check if anyone is coming along.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Making a Spot check: (1d20+6)[19]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Unspeaking, Christopher pours out a cloak of dark blue and follows.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Masterwork Hide and Move Silently tools (dark cloak and padded shoes) with Augment Skill Bonus

Hide: (1d20+8)[19]
    Move Silently: (1d20+8)[11]
    Spot: (1d20+7)[18]
    Listen: (1d20+7)[26]
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Jonathan decides to stay back, recognizing that he's never been good at mot being center stage and having all eyes on him. Eyeing his nails, he begins to slowly clean them before rocking back and forth. Leaning against his mule he glances up at his two compatriots sneaking off and shrugs.

"You enjoy yourselves."
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

William and Christopher sneak forward. Or at least try to. William's silhouette can occasionally be glimpsed against the skyline as his head goes a bit too high, and Christopher's feet, padded or no, squelch through the mud quite audibly.

Perhaps it should not be overly surprising that the lizard-men spot you first. They are tiny, scarcely more than two feet tall, with whip-like tails and spindly arms, and so thin you can see where their ribcages end. There are a full seven of the creatures, huddled under a rocky outcropping that just barely shelters them from the worst of the rain and reaching out to the little miserable fire in the center of their miserable camp. Each is clad in little more than scraps of patches, clutching metal-tipped spears half again as tall as they are. There is just enough time to catch sight of an ebony box set off to one side before the shrieking begins.
    ------
    Roll initiative.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2014-02-23 at 01:50 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

On hearing the shrieks, Chris gives up on hiding and runs forward. Draw a crossbow, fire, and let it melt in the rain - a thick black line jets through the air toward the lizardmen.

Spoiler: Crunch:
    Show
    Moving 20' towards the enemies.
    Losing the cloak and slippers for a heavy crossbow with Augment Enhancement Bonus.
    Attack: (1d20+6)[16] crit on 19-20
    Miss chance: (1d10)[6] miss on 1 or 2
    Damage: (1d10+1)[9]
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-03-05 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Will explodes from cover, tramping across the wet earth in a dead on sprint. Purple lines of lightning cloud the air around him and he sets upon the first lizards he meets with thundering strikes.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Charging the nearest lizard dude (preferably not the one Chris just shot at.)

Swift action to expend 1 Ki Power (4/5)

Attack 1: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8] plus (1d6)[2] electricity

Attack 2: (1d20+5)[6]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[10] plus (1d6)[6] electricity

Aiming both attacks at different creatures, if possible. If the first attack misses, or there is no other creature within range, both attacks target the same kobold