New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Hunt For Longtail: Chapter 1 (IC)

Table of Contents

The OOC
    Chapter 1 *starts below*

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Hunt For Longtail: Chapter 1 (IC)

the cool autumn breeze passes over the plain as the group you are with huddles around a fire for the night. Stone guardians with spears stand guard in front of the entrance to the dungeon where the town of Rusknak became plagued by corrupted human and elven attacks. a month ago the attacks stopped as the dungeon fully opened up as the guardians came and stood watch over the entrance allowing only those who are truly fit to enter pass by their spears.

The night reigns over the plains currently as only large crickets sit by the camp playing classical music, the same as their tiny brethern chirping.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

"Those guardians just stand and watch, I wonder what they're thinking?" Erin says as she rubs the life back into her hands, chilled by the autumn breeze that softly buffets her long blonde hair "Do we wait until morning or go in now?" She asks the others.
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2013-12-26 at 01:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Short cropped hair over steely grey eyes. A small woman with some unusual attributes Silva Oihana is carefully watching the surroundings. She got four arms sticking out of a beautifully crafted mithral breastplate. Two of the arms are slender, although muscular, clearly her own. The other two are nothing like them. Her normal arms are fairskinned while the other arms are brown-greyish and twice the width. around her upper torso there is something like a black rope wrapped around her. If one look closely though, it is possible to spot that it is actually a tentacle. She takes a break from watching the surrounding to look at the group. "It' won't matter much down there, we won't see the light of day anyway. Still, if you are tired it is better to not go in without rest. I wonder if the guardians will impede our passage or test us in some way? We should prepeare for the possibility."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Therion

"We go in the morning," the dwarf says. "We might not get another chance to get much rest once we enter."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I'm ready whenever," Parker says, "Maybe a couple of us that can get by with less sleep could scout ahead a bit, make sure the rest of you know what to expect?" he suggests, sitting up a bit.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

At that, the slight elf with a mischievous cast to his features pipes up. "I'm not a fan of splitting the party. We go in all at once, or not at all."

"Besides, I need to rest to replenish my magic. Without my spells I'd have no business being anywhere near here. And I'm not just bragging when I say you'd rather have my spells than go without."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Zord yawned. "Now, later, I just want some action. If I don't get it soon, I might have to make something happen." He giggled at the thought. Fire was fun, maybe setting something on fire would relax him. No, he should behave for now. Still, they better find something better to do than lay around for too long.
    Last edited by TerrickTerran; 2013-12-26 at 09:17 PM.
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

9. - Top - End - #9

Yuzuki sits against her backpack near the fire. "Sounds like we're going to camp out for tonight, then. It's good to rest well before doing something dangerous." She looks up at the sky and attempts to determine the weather to decide whether or not she should bother setting up her tent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival for weather forecast until morning (DC 15 for up to 24 hours according to the skill):
    (1d20+15)[34]
    Lovely Mokou avatar by Kurien.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Silva looks over at Laine Kavelin and scowls. "Bah spells. I don't trust them much. Nature can serve what purpose I need." She picks up a vial from on of the pouches along her waist with her normal right hand and toss it up in the air. She grabs it again with the right monsterous arms and pockets it again. "At least if you mix and use it properly." She pauses for a moment. "I guess I can see it's uses, some form of invisibility that does not break when I fight would be useful. Don't try to cast spells on me when I am angry though, I won't accept it."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

"Spells are okay as long as they're not written down. Written words steal thoughts from your minds. Bombs are more fun anyways." Zord cackles in response.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Silva flexes her muscles visibly. "What use do I have for bombs when I can just tear things apart with my own hands.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Zord grinned. "Yes, muscles are nice, but fast feet are also nice. And an enemy who blows up is one who can't catch you." He turns his head and looks around. "It's too quiet around here. I want to blow something up."
    Last edited by TerrickTerran; 2014-01-02 at 08:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

BlackDragon

Parker seems annoyed at the unwillingness to split up at all, but shrugs, "As for magic, it's useful, but not enough on its own. You need to be able to do more than one thing," he claims, "But if it seems like magic will help the group, and anyone has some prejudice against it, well, tough. You picked the wrong group then," he claims, smirking a bit.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

"Even if your fist instantly killed whatever it punched," Laine quips, "what if your target is out of reach? What if it's pelting you from a distance? I should think we'll both be glad of each other's skills before too long. If you need to fly, I'm your man. Just get the spell first, then get angry at your target."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Silva unfolds the massive eagle wings on her back and flaps them slightly. "Why? then I would fly and get them. These wings are not for show. Still, I am here with you am I not? I would be going alone if I thought that was smarter. Hopefully between us we will have the skills to handle most situations. I guess it would be nice to know what kinda of things each of us can do, that way we fill be able to fill in without delay. Delay can kill people in combat."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Therion

The stoic dwarf kept silent through the conversation. He wanted to rest and then get an early start in the morning, but it seemed that everyone was a bit anxious.

"I am a shapeshifter, I might be able to track him," he finally says. "It seems everyone here is ready to go, we might as well go… might be better now anyway… his trail might get too cold to track."
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2014-01-07 at 06:13 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

"As long as it gets us going, I'm all for it." Zord muttered as he was getting very impatient at this point.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

As the night sky darkens for a moment, darker than it should be the light wind that had been there stops as if pausing for a breath. Parker is the first to notice what looks like a dark star falling from the heavens. Unfortunately he quickly realizes it is also falling toward them. Nishizumi, Krath, and Erin quickly notice this as well as are able to move out of the way quick enough to avoid any damage like Parker.

Spoiler: Everyone besides Falco Mokou Green and doko_minus Gorehorn_
    Show
    Reflex Save (DC 20) to avoid being hit and pinned to the ground by a big dark crystal falling toward the group

Spoiler: Private: Falco
    Show
    Due to your most keen observation, you also see the stone guardians now allowing entrance to the dungeon

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Silva is too busy following the discussion to notice the falling rock before it's too late. When she finally does so she bends down to get ready to jump. She pulls on the ground with one of her massive arms to get away faster. Once she starts moving she shouts. "Watch out!"
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+12)[26]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Zord busily played with his bombs when he felt a disturbance. Quickly he tried to move out of the way

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[25]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Therion

He heard Silva's warned and began to scramble to get out of the way.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+9)[17] reflex

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine

Lost again in thought, he didn't notice the falling star until a warning was shouted. He scrambled away in a random direction, hoping he wasn't too slow.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+7)[18]

24. - Top - End - #24

BlackDragon

"Watch out!" Parker calls out, pointing to the falling object and moving back before the thing gets close enough to be a danger, sort of wincing a bit as it lands, hoping nobody gets too hurt by that.

Brushing himself off a bit, not too focused on checking the others over since he's no healer, he then looks over and notices something, "Hey, look at the guardians, they're off to the side a bit now, looks like they're more apt to let people in."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Re: The Hunt For Longtail: Chapter 1 (IC)

Laine, Therion, gorehorn.

As the dark star falls to the ground, it instantly kills the Rhino Gorehorn as it fell directly on him. Unfortunately, Laine and Therion weren't able to fully escape the falling star and their legs were slightly pinned underneath.

Spoiler: Laine and Therion
    Show
    Take (5d6)[21] damage.

as the dirt and debris settles, the dark star is actually a large dark purple crystal. Dispite how far it might have fallen, it is still very cool to the touch.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Silvia thinks quickly, she grabs for her belt with both her normal arms, each coming up both a fluid-container. One is a glass vial with a bright blue liquid and a cork, the other is a clay jar. The stoppers deftly come up as she pours them down her throat almost simultaneously. Her whole body seems to ripple as she all of a sudden gains tremendously in size. If her unnatural arms were large before, they are truly enormous now. Even her normal arms are much larger then her monsterous arms were before. She almost jumps at the stone while she yells out "Help me get this off them before they get crushed." Her eyes are wild and she let let lose a primal grunt "Haufmp!" as she wraps all four arms around the giant crystal and starts lifting.

Spoiler: Things used
    Show

Mutagen: Strength
    Enlarge Person
    Rage: 1 round

Spoiler: Strength check
    Show

(1d20+11)[22]

27. - Top - End - #27

Yuzuki quickly positions herself opposite of Silva to assist with lifting the crystal. "While I may not have any of those fancy abilities to augment it, I still have this body forged through years of training to aid you." Yuzuki's muscles visibly strain as she lifts with all her might.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check (if needed): (1d20+5)[14]
    Lovely Mokou avatar by Kurien.

28. - Top - End - #28

BlackDragon

Parker frowns a bit at that, moving over to an untouched corner of the crystal to help lift as well. "Where the hell did this come from, anyway?" he grumbles.

Spoiler
    Show

Dunno if you want a strength roll, but here (1d20)[16]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Laine counted himself lucky to have escaped the worst of it (that poor rhino), but damned if this didn't hurt. No chance of pulling himself out from under the crystal, but he had other means at his disposal.

"No need to upend the whole thing. I can shift myself out, then I can pull Therion out the same way. Just hold the crystal so it doesn't move once I'm out."

Spoiler
    Show

Laine can use Dimension Steps (Conjuration ability) to teleport out from under the crystal, then move over to Therion and teleport him out as well.

Well... never mind then
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2014-01-21 at 06:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Zord shakes his head. "I'll leave the lifting to you big folks. Hmmm, this crystal looks interesting though. Would be fun to blow up."