New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default DrK's Gestalt Game IC

A Great Adventure that can change the fate of the world awaits!

Magepoint...Gentle hills and full green trees cradle the southern reaches of the coastal village of Magepoint. Wide streets, plentiful greenery and shops of arcane and alchemical wares and quiet well built houses of wood with glowing magical lanterns speak of a small prosperous community and hint at the its magical nature. North of the village lie the Lake of unknown depths and rising from a rocky island in the centre is a pale blue castle surrounding a tower capped with a jewelled blue dome - the castle and the village linked by a beautiful half mile arch of shining blue marble that arches over the unruffled waters.

It is here that the Archmage Manzorian has invited you to meet with him as he has requested some of the realm's most capable adventurers to do an errand for him that may result in great danger. The note was fairly cryptic -

"An able and trusted friend of mine has gone missing in ruins that date back to an ancient and desperate evil. I have need of brave and heroic fellows to seek him out. I will pay handsomely -

Please come to magepoint and tell Celeste at the "All Seeing Eye" and she will pass word onto me..."

Manzorian"

Now you have arrived at the village that surrounding the ancient arcane fortress and the famed library of knowledge has also become home to several hundred retired adventurers and the many small shops and artisan ventures that they have set up. In the main village square by an impressive carved fountain of mermen and sahgauin locked in battle the sprawling 3 storey Inn - "The all seeing eye" is busy even in the afternoon. The lights outside glow in everburning lanterns and music and revelery echo from within...

As you push through the doors of the Inn the welcoming smells of ale and pipe smoke mix with food as you see an elegant looking exotic women strolling through the crowd... A crowd that seems unusually well equipped with fine armour, weapons and magical accoutrements, the inn unusually packed with experienced and grizzled looking adventurers.

The women strides forward, swaying, and hair floating around her face, those with a academic bent recognising the extraplanar nature of Celeste, the eladrin owner of the bar

She grins to you all, her voice soft, silky and musical "Good eve to you. The archmage mentioned you'd be arriving, a private room has been set aside for you and the others that have been summoned. Would you follow me? WHat would you like to drink, I would recommend the local Raven's Gold Ale...

The room that she leads you up to is a fine library with a view from the 3rd floor of the massive fortress that sits in the middle of the lake some half a mile away across the wide and obviously magically crafted lake. Books line the shelves covering a wide range of subjects both mundane, historical and arcane and around a low coffee table sit a strange bunch of adventuring types...

Spoiler
    Show

Celeste the Eladin greets each of you in turn and leads you up to the library. Please intro your selves as you arrive and start talking.
    Obviously if you know each other you can arrive together.

Begin!

OOC thread
    Last edited by DrK; 2013-12-28 at 04:06 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK's Gestalt Game IC

It had been a pleasurable day, the travel was easy and no untoward things happened to him, he sighed as he entered the town looking for the inn he was supposed to find.

What was it called? The all seeing something, he fumbled in his armor looking for the sending that he had stored there, Cherynk his mighty war pony huffed as he lost the reigns while doing so and stopped, as if throwing a tantrum due to the lack of attention given by her rider.

With his pony staring back at him he read the slip of paper he found,

"Ah yes," he said out loud to no one in particular, The all seeing eye, he looked up from the parchment at his pony and smiled. "Come on then, lets get going." he squeezed her flank ever so slightly and she continued on with a huff of air.

He entered the town and found the inn, not a hard thing, 3 story buildings were seldom a common sight.

He didn't bother to tie her up, merely looked at her with a stern eye "Now you stay here, you hear me? I don't want another Green Keep disaster!" he stared a little longer until the stubborn pony neighed slightly and kicked the dirt with a hoof. Apparently acquiescing to his demands.

He left his great spear on his gear with his saddle and moved off towards the door, looking up at the sign to make sure that this was indeed the right building.

Opening the door he squinted as any dwarf would and surveyed the room, seeing all manner of adventurers made him squint even more so, making for a dour looking dwarf standing in the doorway.

He smiled as a women walked up to him and greeted him, his attention shifted instantly at the mention of some good ale. He smiled and nodded, following her.

"Yes, some good ale would do me well, and a plate of whatever you have on the spit, I formed quite the appetite getting here!"

He enters the room and peers out the window, marveling at the sight he saw, while he didn't rightly care for such things, keeping to the dark underground, he always appreciated good architecture. Seeing an empty seat around the table he plumped his behind into a chair and awaited the others and his food.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Baervard

Witches covens... Baervard glared at the book in his hand as if it could sense his displeasure at the antics and mischief of the history books characters and they would somehow be shamed. Eh, who's this? He turned to see who was coming up and closed the book, letting it fall on the table with a thump.

"Thoyne." He said and stood up to a height not much taller than when he was sitting. The light reflecting from the lake gave his mithril armor a shine that made him squint his eyes. "What brings you to the Eye? Besides the view, of course." He said with a grin at his sarcastic joke.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Thoyne double takes as he was looking at the view, he looked at Baervard with a squinted eye, apparently his current MO, a scowl, but only for a second, as a huge smile erupted on his face.

"While I live and breath!"

He stormed over to his old friend and slapped his hand in an embrace of brothers who have fought together and seen blood shed. Grasping his forearm he looked the dwarf up and down. "It's been a long time Baervard! I had not thought to see you here!" just realizing the question asked of him he responded "Ah, Archmage sent for me, seems like a friend o'his has gone missing, thought it would only be polite to come, that and perhaps some dwarfs here I never met afore!" he let go and squinted at him again "I'm assuming you too?" he let the squint fade "Why, the last time I saw you, you were bringing me back from the brink, I owe you a life debt for that you ole crusty thing! How have you been, getting into trouble?"
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2013-12-29 at 08:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

5. - Top - End - #5

Baervard

Remembering how strong Thoyne's grip could be Baervard chuckles and doesn't try to out squeeze him. "I've been well. Not as much trouble as I'd like, unfortunately." He says and sits back down. "Hopefully you won't be needing them...but I've got more diamonds just in case." He says and folds his arms across his chest.

"When an Archmage loses a friend...mayhap his friend wanted to get lost." He says. "No offense to our host, but usually wizards have their own ways of finding what is hidden."
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin had arrived via teleport about 20 miles away the night before. This actually suited him fine, as he camped at his spot. The next morning he got to work, and managed to successfully make a pact with Paimon and Haures without to much fuss. Satisfied, he treked to the meeting place. He mused as he walked, wondering about the summons. As was the norm of late, his musings started taking a grim turn. Has he some grievance I don't know about? Is this a trap for that? Why me? He caught himself, and reminded himself that he wasn't a nobody in the adventuring world.

He spoke the greeting to Celeste, and mumbled "Whatever you suggest," at the suggestion of drink. Entering the room he notes the other two, dwarves it seemed. Since they were caught up in conversation with one another, Grillin moved to the shelves and inspected the books, making note of the arcane and planar books. He also mentally kicked himself for being so removed. The demon killed your spirit, it seems, foolish gnome. Go talk to them...
    Last edited by lelfin; 2013-12-29 at 09:30 PM.
    Casters Vs. Everything - Rilril
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin
    "FR" Shadowdale - Halevel
    The Reflection of Heroes - Palen

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Archmage's message had piqued Jeb's curiousity, and travel was no difficulty for the druid. He had taken the shape of his animal companion to keep stride with the beast. He changed form again upon entering the city. Humanoid he thought, perhaps a dwarf would be fashionable these days. He began to change, red beard, short, ugly...perfect!

He entered the bar, not his favorite type of place, but it would do if it was to be required of him. He motioned for his animal companion to stick by the door. Walking through, Jeb was reminded of all the things that he had left behind: the booze, the cups, the rigid tables and confined spaces. He sighed softly and tolerated it. The woman led him upstairs and he followed quietly.

Jeb listened to the others talk and chimed in "And sometimes wizards know where things are but need help getting it back. My name is Jeb by the way, a druid of sorts," he said with a friendly smile.
    Last edited by Mishkov; 2013-12-29 at 10:18 PM.
    No longer have time to participate in games. I apologize.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin glances at the third dwarves, and mutters to himself in gnomish, "Better hide the nose, and grow a beard or you're going to be out of place for sure."

He then pipes up in common, "Archmage or not, some things are out of reach due to reasons other than simple acts. Politics, magic...or the sheer trouble of it all. Sometimes mercenaries cost less than spell components and pissing off the neighboring clerics.""
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Shazardrax

Not far behind the others, the Salamander enters the tavern. The townsfolk seem surprised to see him away from his forge, but don't seem otherwise caught off guard by the outsider's visitation. He greets Celeste with a warm handshake, she being one of the few folk in Magepoint with enough innate fire resistance for him to partake in the humanoid gesture of greeting.

Recognizing his tardiness, he hurries through the door of the library. He stands about 7 feet tall, though his serpentine tail coils over itself as he glides into the room. He manages a quick "Hello" as he makes straight for the fireplace, coming to rest directly in front of it and rubbing his hands for warmth. As he passes by some of those seated at the table, it almost feels as though an oven door was just opened with the heat radiating off of him, but it soon passes once he regains a little distance. Not long after, he's served a kettle of boiling coffee. He pours himself a cup before setting the pot in the fire to maintain the boil.

"Apologies for the brief greeting friends, it's freezing in here! My name is Shazardrax. I've come here at Manzorian's request, as I trust have the rest of you? I hope you will take no insult if I stay here where tis a bit warmer."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

As the five of you wait patiently, the heat of the Salamander dwarfing whatever heat the fire gives out Celeste returns upstairs with a tray of drinks handing them around before settling down on one of the seats, her long legs tucked underneath her as a smell of salt spray and the sea seems to follow her.

"Now... there is one more of you to come. But I know they will be late. Have you heard any details from our resident archmage. or do you have any questions?"

11. - Top - End - #11

Goblin

Shazardrax

"Not much, Milady, at least not to me. Only that a trusted friend of his has gone missing while exploring ancient ruins, a friend who he thought very capable at such tasks, so if some ill has fallen him then rescuing him is unlikely to be an easy matter."

"I suppose I only have the obvious questions if you'll indulge me. Are you able to tell us a bit more about this friend of his, I'm afraid I don't even know his name.

Do you know what he was intending to investigate in those ruins, and do you know anything about the evil tied to them in legend? Would you be able to recommend a route by which we should travel to these ruins once we are ready?

On a lighter note, and not to cause undue delay, how are you doing? I trust business is well?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

She smiles and tilts a glass at the polite Salamander. "Things are going well. We are busy and as normal the arcane students flock to the fortress. The missing magister is Balakarde, a middling student of Manzorian. He left to investigate some ruins, the ruins of Kuluth-Mar I thin he said where a great evil was birthed and he was concerned a the same great evil was returning." She shrugs, a flighty smile on her face. "Much more than that I'm not too sure. I know Manzorian has some teleportation assistance that helped Balkarde so it shouldn't be a long walk for you."

Spoiler
    Show

Incidentally... arcane spells in the town near the Fortress on the lake (within 1000 yards)...
    If they extend casting time to 1 minute can apply extend, empower (essentially any +2 MM effect) for free

Need to make a spellcraft DC20+SL to harness the strange magical energy

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin rubs his goatee as he listens to their hostess, he then raises the tankard he was given in a salute to her, and drinks.

He listens for a moment, then says, "And what role do you play in all this, outside of hostess, if I may be so bold? Also, my soon to be companions here were discussing the nature that would require the hiring of us versus the powers of an archmage, and it does beg the question of what role we would fill that he could not do himself with a couple of summoned elementals."

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and know: the planes about Celeste, race, history (if applicable) tendencies, etc (1d20+21)[27]
    Last edited by lelfin; 2013-12-30 at 07:06 PM.
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste looks at the gnome over the top of the glass of wine."My dear Magister I am a friend of the archmage. People he wants to meet come to me here and then when he is ready he lets me know when to send them on."

She grins some more, "He likes using adventurers such as yourself as you do not make any "noise". When someone like Manzorian moves or takes his actions they ripple across the world and can attract undue notice... with yourselves these ripples are smaller."

Spoiler
    Show

She is a Ghaele Eladrin who has chosen to live on the material plane.
    With that check you pretty much can read the d20srd on a generic ghaele eladrin. As to any other powers she may possess you have no idea.

She has been running the All Seeing Eye for over 30 years. And hahas never aged a day so people say.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb had been listening all the while, and not being entirely satisfied with the responses, decided to probe further. "But we all make ripples in our movements, whoever we may be. Tell me more of this evil that was being investigated. If this is something that was awakened, we will need to know if we face it..."

16. - Top - End - #16

Baervard

That a fire lizard? Baervard raises his eyes at the Salamander. At least he's well spoken. Baervard stands as the lizard, gnome and the other dwarf enter. "Baervard." He says keeping his family name secret while in the presence of non-dwarves, a common tradition among the stout folk. What kind of name is Jeb?

"Kuluth-Mar...where have I heard that name before?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge History for the Ruins of Kuluth-Mar. (1d20+3)[15]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin sighs, "Politics, it always comes back to bloody politics."
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste grins some more and springs lightly to her feet. "And yes.... dear gnome, it always does come down to politics. Now if you are ready the Archmage will receive us. Please join me and hold hands in a circle. I know we are missing one of you but I've been told theya re on their way and will be here shortly, one of my staff will make sure they arrive safely"

EVen as they group together Baervard beside Thoyne the venerable rune smith and craft master can't think of anything he would associate with the name Kuluth-Mar.

Spoiler
    Show

No worries Starbin, we aren't forgetting about you

With a faint shimmer and a pop Celeste rubs a strange and ornate amulet - a keystone of such most of you with a magical bent would surmise - you teleport as group, appearing a second later with a shimmer in a wide airy chamber presumably within the Fortress of Unknown depths. Literal waves of magical power seem to flow through the air and for Shazardrax and Grilling in particular the heavy ley lines of all 8 schools of magic are thick enough to taste. The chamber you have arrived in has a high ceiling and generous adornments. The carpet is a deep blue and rich and lush and compliments the sky blue painted walls that are thoroughly covered by a wide range of exquisite paintings of exotic looking locations. The paintings are rendered with incredible skill and seem almost like windows looking out onto remote locations around the real world.

Several overstuffed chairs stand nearby and at the far end looms a massive antique wooden desk carved with the likeness of a long serpentine dragon, the surface a tangled mass of scrolls, books, statuettes and quills, several of which appear to be writing themselves with no assistance. At one end an expensive looking dragonchess set is laid out as if halfway through a game.

Near the chairs stands Manzorian himself, a tall 60 year old human man with an aquiline nose and grey streaked reddish hair. His blue robes bear the sign of a moon and thin scimitar - matching that on Celeste's amulet. Waiting with him is a more muscular and heavy set man of maybe 40 with a stern look about him.

Greeting them he nods and smiles a thin smile. "Greetings, welcome to my study and thank you to Celeste." As he thanks her she smiles, curtsies and leaves the room quickly. "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Manzorian, the high mage of Mage point and this is my dear friend Agath, a priest who runs the High Temple and library here."

Spoiler
    Show

You all know who Agath is. He is the high Priest of Bocob who runs the library and is very powerful (level 15+ at least...)

Wandering over to one of the portraits, one with a strange tower with 3 long spars rising out the jungle he speaks over his shoulder to you. "Kuluth Mar. A city once cloaked in infamy that gave rise to a cataclysm and now reduced to a ruin. My colleague Balakarde headed there recently and I have not been able to contact him. He believes that certain signs have happened that herald the return of a great evil. One you may have heard of, Kyuss?" he pauses here to see if they strike a chord with you. "Kyuss built his empire here and this fortress, the Spire of Long shadows is where Balakarde believed that Kyuss ascended to his dark godhood. I would like you to travel to the Spire and search for my friend and for doing this will pay you handsomely, each of you may select a single magical trinket my from library. It will be dangerous, Kyuss may have long since gone no matter Balakarde's fears but the dead still walk the ruins in many guises along with other fouler things so you will need your wits around you." Looking at the picture he turns to face you, Agath still standing to one side out of Manzorian's line of sight so as to be able to watch you all carefully.

Spoiler
    Show

Basically he'll offer each of you a magic item worth up to 15'000gp!
    Questions for the archmage?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin listens with some interest, then ponders for a moment. Finally he says, "You say the dead walk in many guises, any guesses or intuitions as to what sort of undead we are talking about? Also, did your friend leave any clue as to the nature of the dangers there that he expected? Did he go alone or have companions?"

After he gives those questions a moment, he says, "What have your own divinations told you?

Spoiler
    Show
    In the interest of quickness, I'm going to roll a bunch of knowledge checks on Kyuss and you just pick which, if any, are relevant
    arcana (1d20+21)[22]
    the planes (1d20+21)[37]
    religion (1d20+8)[17]
    nobility royalty (1d20+12)[16]
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

20. - Top - End - #20

Baervard

Blinking to clear his eyes after the teleport Baervard nods to Agath then listens to the Archmage. "What signs did he see?" Baervard asks. "Also, where is this ruin and how will we be gettin' there and back?"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Thoyne plops himself into a seat, about ready to spark up a conversation with his old friend when others come sauntering in.

With a 'hmph', he stays quiet and accepts his ale and food, digging into it with a beady eye on the strangers.

He watched as another 'dwarf' came in, he narrowed his eyes at that one, something was off with him, he'll have to look into it later. Then a gnome and a....lizard?

Thoyne had to remember to close his mouth, the heat of the thing as it passed, amazing! like it could live in the forge! Dumathoins will manifest!

He keeps on chewing as the beast walks to the fireplace and sets its scaly behind as if it were heeding the Archmages call!

His open eyed look of surprise is short lived however, as his instincts kick in, telling him something is off, he shakes off something invisible and dives into the meat on his plate.

As he is asked to stand in a circle, he raises on eye, but begrudgingly does as commanded, seeing his old friend, Baervard, doing so, he was far more educated in the magics, if the ole dwarf wasn't afraid of it, neither was he!

Appearing in the lonely tower, he instantly saw the magical eddies swirling around the air, his training of arcanists telling him more than most.

Thoyne follows and listens, raising his left eyebrow at things that he deemed undwarf like, or strange and peculiar, needless to say, it was raised for the whole time.

"Darkgods dark times" he whispers in dwarven, remembering an old nursery rhyme of his mothers.

"I know neither of this Kyuss, or of Balakarde, but you called me here for help, and help I will. Archmage Manzorian, ye have my spear and skill at arms. But as Baervard asked, how are we to get there?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb's vision blurred for a moment as he teleported in, a strange quirk teleportation magic had on his body.

"I'm all for helping with an undead infestation, but I would inquire if I could in place of a material reward for myself, be given a favor for Elhonna or a gift to the church? As for travel, I can get us there rather quickly by mundane means if you don't wish to teleport us in." Jeb had acquired knowledge of many flying beasts that he had, at times, used to transport large quantities of goods and men before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge nature roll (1d20+18)[33] if Jeb knows anything.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    Baervard
    "What signs did he see?" Baervard asks. "Also, where is this ruin and how will we be gettin' there and back?"
    Quote Originally Posted by lelfin View Post
    Grillin "You say the dead walk in many guises, any guesses or intuitions as to what sort of undead we are talking about? Also, did your friend leave any clue as to the nature of the dangers there that he expected? Did he go alone or have companions?" After he gives those questions a moment, he says, "What have your own divinations told you?
    The archmage listens to all of your questions patiently, Agath smiling off to one side at the wise questions being asked by this group of relatively inexperienced (relatively) heroes. Manzorian walks over to his desk and draws forth a scroll with a detailed map of Oerth upon it and points to a jungle filled area many hundreds of miles to the south marked as the Ameido Jungle. "I the jungle here, some 1800 miles to the south. As for getting there..." he waves a hand and the portrait on the wall seems to ripple before you, smells of rotting vegetation and the clicking of and screeching of jungle creatures screeching from the portrait turned doorway. "I can gift you a single scroll that will enable you to journey back but once as well." It is not Manzorian that gives you the scroll but Agath his friend who pulls it from his long cloak and hands it to Baevard the runesmith. "I well trust the wisdom of the dwarves. Use this wisely, it will return you to the welcome of the All Seeing Eye"

Agath also turns to Jeb and smiles. "You have a generous spirit. Manzorian and I support many hospices in the Free City and across Oerth, we will gladly use your share to fund these to feed the needy and feed the hungry."

Spoiler
    Show

Hands you an CL18 Word of Recall scroll keyed to the door of the All Seeing Eye in the village.

Manzorian nods thanks to his friends and offers Jeb a short bow at his generosity. Turning back to the abjurer he begins to pace as he speaks. "My divinations have found the same as those of Balakarde. Though I disagree with his findings. He was adamant however and journeyed there alone, confident in his own magical powers to protect him.

While Kyuss has not been seen for millennia the undead that prowl the city are savage and powerful. Many bear the corruption of Kyuss, worms that will burrow into flesh carrying his curse and a painful death. More than that I do not know, I have not seen inside the Spire and when you get there you will see the boundary built by ancient sacrifice that prevents any from scrying on the accursed place... or anything from within scrying out.

Taking another sip of his wine he continues... "Some, dark peoples speak of the Coming of Worms, a wave of darkness that will consume the land and feed upon all mortal flesh plunging the world into an Abyss ruled by Kyuss. Those that believe have written prophecies of such, though are scratchings on walls and tablets from more than 2000 years ago, and if you believe these some have come to pass. It spoke of a City in a bowl ruined by fire, the worms eating the dead once more and causing them to rise and of great artifacts coming to light once again. Many of these seemed to have come true, Cauldron - a city to the south was almost destroyed by volcanic fire. Near the Free City and Diamond Lake the dead are walking, many infested with green worms similar to the spawn of Kyuss. And finally I have felt many artifacts brought forth into the world...The black blade of Aknar has been wielded in the Duchy of Iuz, the Dread Forge has been unleashed in far off Sasserine and near here some bold adventurers have discovered a piece of the ROd of Seven parts. Only two prophecies have not yet come to pass - the joining of a tripartite spirit and on the eve of the Age of Worms a hero of the pit that use his fame to gift a city to the dead. Perhaps a reference that one to the recent events at the Arena if the Free City where Loris Raknian attempted to sacrifice thousands at the Champion's game..."

He shrugs ruefully. "These things are ever hard to read and hard to fathom. Though what I do know is that my friend is missing within am accursed city and I would have him back?"

Looking to Agath he offers the party "We are awaiting one more to join you five, spend a day in the village and buy what supplies you need, we are a well supplied little town with many things arcane. Return tomorrow and you can embark on your quest."

Spoiler
    Show

Any questions for him or happy to go and buy any supplies you want before departing in the morning for the Spire of Long Shadows in long dead Kuluth mar?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

"Worms that make undead? Sounds...great..." Grillin says, with a touch of sarcasm. He then mutters to himself about needing Acererak. Looking back to the Archmage he asks, "What, specifically, was your disagreement with your friends theory about the place? And what were his arguments for it? Academic questions, mainly."
    Last edited by lelfin; 2014-01-02 at 07:46 PM.
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb nods at Grillian, "Unnatural, I'm glad we will have the chance to eradicate them." Using nature to create an undead perversion is something that unsettles Jeb to the core.

Turning back to the archmage, "I appreciate your continued support of charity, and thank you for this opportunity. I have no need for supplies, but I will wait out the day. When you see me again, I may appear differently, but I will be accompanied by a smilidion." Jeb bowed deeply, having said his piece. He moved towards the door to leave but waited to hear any other answers to questions.

26. - Top - End - #26

Goblin

Shazardrax

The salamander bows and greets the archmage cordially, but says little else, listenening attentively to the conversation with an expression of concern about all of the recent ill tidings, but has no questions to ask beyond those of his companions. As they complete their queries, he finally speaks.

"I likewise have no need of additional supplies, however, though I'm certain the archmage has called together a very competent group, perhaps we would see benefit from getting to know one another better beforehand as well. For any who are interested, I would be happy to buy a few rounds of drinks tonight back at the All Seeing Eye."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

With a nod from Manzorian and a cryptic "Balakarde and Is philosophical differences are ours alone " he lets you go. A glittering circle on the floor a circle that teleports you back to the central square in Magepoint a few of the passing adventurers and researchers watching you expectantly - especially the 3 dwarves, a gnome and a long salamander - curious as to why you have been into the normally restricted fortress.

Awaiting you upstairs in the same study that Celeste has put at your disposal is a beautiful silver haired woman with rich golden eyes....
    Spoiler
    Show

Enter Alysaa (Starbin)

Celeste is also there chatting to Alysaa, and smiles as you enter. "The Archmage told me to take care of you and provide whatever you needed to make your night here comfortable before you depart in the morning..."

Spoiler
    Show

Feel free to chat amongst yourselves if you want for a bit

---

THe next morning dawns a but dull and cold as your gird yourselves for war, bind lost gods to your will and cast enchantments upon yourselves and your equipment. Grillin tapping into the waves of magical energy emanating from the fortress as he cloaks his body in a shimmering field of force armour.

Celeste greets you as she provides a large breakfast feast. "If you are ready to go..." after a round of "yes" from the party she once more teleports you with her access key into Manzorian's study.

THe archmage is waiting by the picture of the jungle spire. He nods a greeting to the five he saw yesterday and bows to Alyssa, "Are you ready? Once you pass through only your own means or Agath's scroll can return you

Spoiler
    Show

any buffs or stuff like that you're doing?

28. - Top - End - #28

Goblin

Shazardrax

Spoiler: Later that evening, at the All Seeing Eye...
    Show

Shaz arrives at the tavern to find himself lucky enough to be in the company of two beautiful women. He slithers into his usual position in front of the fireplace and greets the newcomer with a bow. "Greetings Milady, you must be our sixth. I am Shazardrax, a craftsman and warrior. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The next morning, Shazardrax arrives on time. With the others permission, he enchants some of their armor, trying to utilize the eldritch magicks of the tower to enhance the duration.

(Also, if it's possible to aid another in channeling the tower's magic, Shazardrax will use the aid another action for anyone else who wants to cast, giving a +2 to their die rolls his spellcraft is high enough to auto-succeed at aid another actions which are only DC 10).

Spoiler: Magic Vestment on everyone except Baevard (who wouldn't benefit)
    Show

Spellcraft DC to extend is 25. If I succeed, it will last for 20 hours on you. If I fail, it will last for 10.

These are enhancement bonuses to armor class (for stacking purposes). If you have better from a different source, let me know).

Thoyne (Increase full plate bonus from current +1 to new +2)
    Extend DC 25: (1d20+11)[13]

Jeb (Add +2 bonus to his tunic)
    Extend DC 25: (1d20+11)[16]

Alyssa (Add+2 bonus to her blouse)
    Extend DC 25: (1d20+11)[13]

Grillin (Add +2 bonus to his boxer shorts)
    Extend DC 25: (1d20+11)[12]

Edit: Jesus, it's like those cloak of resistance crafting attempts all over again. 10 hour durations for everyone :p

He'll also apply an extended magic vestment to his own armor and shield (using the metamagic feat for guaranteed success). This is part of his daily routine at the start of each adventuring day.
    Last edited by Gnarnia; 2014-01-05 at 11:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb arrives the next day, uncharacteristically in the same form as he was the day before...though he wasn't sure he got it exactly the same. One dwarf continued to look much like any other to him. The druid spent the night as an owl, however, getting a sense of the city and surrounding areas. In the morning he returned to his animal companion to meditate and prepare his spells as always.

Spoiler
    Show
    Superior Resistance (SpC) on self, linked with animal.

He waves and says, "Hullo, ready whenever".

While they wait, Shazadrax was kind enough to offer a protection on his tunic. Jeb smiled at the man and declined politely, "Oh, the tunic won't be much use for the rest of the day. I intend to change out of this dwarf skin as soon as we arrive. Thank you kindly though."

Spoiler
    Show
    Jeb will likely WS into a cave troll upon arrival if there is no pressing encounters immediately, assume that is his travel form for now.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

The night before:
    Grillin says little but listens much, stating only, "I'm a practitioner of magic specializing in abjuration and some...planar magics."

That morning:
    That morning in his room Grillin used his chalk to summon Haures and Acererak, though his pacts were not to his liking, he was happy for their benefits. As was his tendency, for numerous reasons, he suppressed the signs. After checking to see his palms were in the right place and that his teeth looked normal, he joined the others, mumbling to himself as he came down the stairs.

After sampling the spell energies of the area to cast his magic armor, Grillin gratefully accepts Shazardax's assistance and casts an overland flight spell. As he rose up he said to himself, "Ah, flight, I could get used to the place, couldn't you?" and glances to an empty place next to hiim.

Landing he says, "Now, thank you for the magical protections, it's appreciated. I see we have some considerable power with us. Myself, I have some protections but am not a powerhouse of muscle, though I admit you probably could not guess that by looking at me, so I believe I should be in the back. Our lady here should probably join me. At the front is where the shapeshifter and the more militant of our dwarfish friends should take. Our fire companion and the other dwarf perhaps should take middle or flanking positions."
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin