New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default 5e New Campaign. Memory WIPED!

Spoiler: Character Death
    Show
    When characters die in this game, they can be brought back, however their is a DC and it increases each time, with a DC of 10 at the start, with an increase of +2 each time. The caster will cast with their standard bonus modifiers. Players can only bring a character back from a local monastery, guild house, etc. 1 time. In this world, the magic is more powerful when cast by those that care about the character.

If a character dies, the player will have the option to remake a new character, that will be introduced into the story. If they wish to opt out, we will find another player, or continue on.

Spoiler: Dice Rolling
    Show
    Please handle your own dice rolling. Please include the following when doing so: Create a spoiler called dice, or roll, etc. Add any other benefits that might happen, including damage dice, etc.
    I will roll publicly as well, and follow the same format. I am going on the honor system here. If people start questioning, I will look into it. If you are caught cheating, there is 1 warning, and then removal.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...he-Dice-Roller Instructions.

Spoiler: In character speech
    Show
    When speaking, please pick a color, and bold it as well. Please try and pick one that is easily read.

Spoiler: Health points
    Show
    I will not be managing your sheets. Again... Honor system.

Welcome all to my new RPG. I will be posting here shortly. In the OOC, I will try to replicate this as well.

Here is the Link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post22762270
    Last edited by Devonkm; 2018-01-17 at 03:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

AssassinGuy

Default Re: 5e New Campaign. Memory WIPED!

A deep rumble shakes throughout the entire room that you are within. It feels as though the bed you are in is about to come undone. It is the hardest bed you think you have ever slept in. You groggily open a single eye, and no light seems to be coming from outside.

Moving your hand to rub your eyes, your hand slides across the cold, rough fabric of the bed. Bits of something sharp dig into your hand. Normally, it should be enough to make you wake up, but you feel as if you had just run a marathon after an all nighter of drinking hard, partying, and visiting various... places of ill repute.

As you start to wake up, you realize that you cant remember where it was that you fell asleep. As your eyes adjust, you realize that you did not make it home the night before, but instead fell asleep directly on the hard floor.

Looking around, you see a dark running cavern around you.
    Spoiler: Image
    Show

Around you, you also see 6 other people around you, looking just as dazed and confused as yourself. You look at your feet, and your weapons lay near you, as well as all of those around you. Scattered around you as well, you see Goblins, Drow, and Orcs. Many are killed with various weapons and magical attacks.

You start to really feel nervous now, as you are wracking your brain for how you ended up here, and who the others are around you as well. You have a deep feeling in your soul that something is not right.

Like a bad hangover, the more you try to think about something, the worse the pain gets, when finally the realization strikes you... Short of your name, your general sense of self, and your abilities inherent to yourself, you cant remember anything. Anything at all....

(Players, you can now interact with each other in any way your personality would tell you to do, as you all seem to be coming to at the same time.)

3. - Top - End - #3

MonkGuy

Tori begins to look around some more not sure about what happened or where he was at. He searches for his gear and finds his shield. He grabs it and straps it on.

Ugh...this hurts. My...my name is Tori Yun. Do any of you know where we're at...or how we got here?
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2018-01-18 at 03:32 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Avery sits up, rubbing his head. Then he pats his head, a look for confusion on his face. He casts around, snatches up a battered, red pointy hat and rams it home.

Pointy hat, wizard. Wizard, pointy hat.

The Halfling gets to his feet and starts to look around the scene, stepping around the bodies with obvious distaste.

"Can't say for sure... But dark elves suggests... Underdark." He shivers at the notion.

"Hello, there. I'm Avery Burrows. Pleased to meet you Mr Yun. I'm having trouble remembering how we got here too. How strange!" Avery laughs a worried laugh at the absurdity.
    Last edited by WhiteRobbit; 2018-01-17 at 06:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Scarlet comes to, rubbing her head. Her hands move over the various pouches and pockets in her clothes, and she mutters Sword... Bow... Dagger-Daggers, that is... Rope... A lot of rope... Like, an excessive amount of rope... Grappling hook... Marbles-again, in an excessive amount!... Caltrops... Lockpicks... A rock... And a little lion.

Huh.

What the hell is going on?
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-01-17 at 09:01 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Tilian Verge slowly opens his eyes, and he squints for some long moments into the dim air above him. He blinks several times.

Tilian Verge suddenly sits up, and he turns his gaze left, then right, up, then down. He shakes his head.

"Urngh," moans Tilian Verge, quietly but with feeling. That was a mistake.

Soon he is rising to stand, and as he does so he becomes aware that others also are stirring, rising, grumbling. He pauses and his eyebrows furrow in thought.

"Well, I say, fellows, that was quite the happening, now, wasn't it?" Tilian laughs, but it doesn't come out quite right. "I say, I, uh, I say, are all those gobbies dead?"

Spoiler: ROLL
    Show

Want to take in the state of the goblins, dark elves, etc. Looking for obvious danger.
    Passive Perception: 13
    Spoiler: Perception...
    Show
    (1d20+3)[22]

Spoiler: ...with disadvantage
    Show
    (1d20+3)[18]

Spoiler: Investigation...
    Show
    (1d20)[17]

Spoiler: ...with disadvantage
    Show
    (1d20)[5]

Is my Ioun Stone of Leadership active right now circling my head, or lying on the ground, or stowed in my pack?

Spoiler: Previous Games
    Show
    Tales of the Raven Guard - Suthri Almstedt - OOC - IC

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

With a groan

awakes, looks around and thinks
    "What by Pelor's glistening purple posterior happened?

On the tip of my tongue....

'Now I can drink more gin than any man for miles around'
    'Gin is better than all the water in Lethe'

Am I in Hades?

Is this the free land of the grave?

Can the dead feel pain?

If the dead die do they go a worse place?

Oh Lady, your wheel has turned me for the worse!

Or has it?

What was I before?

(To Avery)

"Excuse me Halfling sir, but you look a scholar, and I hope you'll grant me some wisdom.
    I fear I've drunk from the River Lethe, and I'm bewildered.
    Do you know where we are, and how we got to this place
    ?"

Memory WIPED OOC

8. - Top - End - #8

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Gair
    Show

Based on your rolls, you have a gut feeling that because they seem to be in a circle with you, and there are goblins, orcs, and Drow nearby, you can at least somewhat trust them.

As you look around, you can see that some of the other creatures are also starting to stir.

Spoiler: Tilian
    Show

Based on your roll, you can see that some of them start to stir. You cannot tell much based on your investigation however. Your Ioun stone is Attuned to you. If it was on you before this event happened, it would begin to spin around you as you woke up.

As you all start to stand and address each other, another person stands up that you did not see at first, that looks to have been with you rather then the other creatures. A small Halfling in dark leathers, with a holy symbol around her neck.
    "I don't know what is going on here." She says, "But I think we should try and get out of here before we figure it out. My brain is so fuzzy, I don't remember why I know to do this, but let me try and heal you of any wounds before we go."

She closes her eyes and grasps her holy symbol, reaching out her hand towards you. After a moment, nothing happens. "I don't.... understand... I cant remember much, but I know this should have..." As she tries to finish her sentence, A Greatsword rams through her chest. She is lifted off the ground, and with a monstrous flick of the blade, she is flung 20 feet away. A very large orc is getting to its feet now, that was lying behind her. It grunts, shakes its head, and roars a guttural cry. You can see all around you, goblins, Drow, and Orcs shaking there heads as they try to stand.

Go ahead and roll Initiative. (Because they are all waking up so to speak, I will give all of you a "surprise round" so to speak.)

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Last edited by Devonkm; 2018-01-18 at 08:22 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

MonkGuy

Ooc, which of the characters is Tori in the map?

Spoiler: initiative roll
    Show
    (d20)[19]

Horrified by what she saw instinct takes over, she flings her hand in the direction of the orc with the sword that just killed the halfling sending two crackling beams of energy it's way.

Spoiler: attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[8] if hit (d10+3)[10](1d20+5)[9] if hit (d10+3)[4]

A gasp of surprise escapes her as she flings the Eldritch Blast at the orc.
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2018-01-18 at 03:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Spoiler: Init
    Show
    (1d20+3)[15]

Ah hell, Scarlet says as she sees attackers. En garde! she adds as she draws her rapier.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I also would like to know who I am on the map before taking actions.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #11

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Ok so i Updated it. The wolf is the druid for now. The Blonde is Tori, The redhead is Scarlet, The man with the axe is Lander, The wizard is the hooded figure with the book, and the blue and green is the Sorcerer. Hopefully that helps.

12. - Top - End - #12

Scarlet waits a beat for someone else to get into position, then strikes as soon as their foe's attention is elsewhere.

Show
    (1d20+5)[18]
    (1d8+3)[11]
    (2d6)[9]

Waiting for someone else to be adjacent to a target so I can gain Sneak Attack, then STABBING! With great force!

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #13

OldWizardGuy

Tilian's thoughts were so foggy. He heard the cleric's question, and immediately started checking himself for pain, wounds, blood. And then...she was gone. A rush of adrenaline, finally throwing off the fog. No, definitely not all dead, he thinks.

Out of...habit?... Tilian reaches for a wand that somehow he knows will be there, and prepares to launch a defense against the most immediate and obvious threat. There's a lightly glowing green marble orbiting Tilian's head, and it gives him a sense of comfort. He doesn't know what just happened, but he knows he doesn't want to end up like that cleric over there.

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show

Spoiler: INITIATIVE
    Show
    (1d20+1)[19]

Spoiler: Checking for wounds
    Show
    What's my current HP?

Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Avery Burrows
    Level 3 Wizard | HP: 17/17 | AC: 13

"Oh my!"

Hopping to the safety of the centre of the group, Avery creates a light of his own and readies his sling.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[20]
    Moving to the middle of the group and casting Light.
    "All people love themselves too much to be changed by something as simple as love."
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

At the sight of blood, fear and instinct take over, and

runs as best he can to get away from the Drow, Orcs, and Goblins, without getting any closer to any of them as best he can, but stops before he's out of bow sight of the Orc that murdered the Halfling, turns and readies an arrow.

Spoiler: Initiative roll
    Show
    (d20+3)[14]

Memory WIPED OOC

16. - Top - End - #16

OldWizardGuy

Pulling a dagger from his wasteband, Tilian moves forward, trying to position himself in the middle of the group, just behind the dire wolf if possible. With a cry and a quick flourish, he conjures a spectral sceptre in the air between two of the archers, and the sceptre immediately begins swinging violently at the enemy. The dagger flies from Tilian's hand, toward the second archer.

Show

In my previous post I assumed we'd roll initiative, and then proceed with rounds, with the "surprise round" just meaning they're all surprised for a round. But if we're just proceeding with "surprise" rounds right now, I guess I'll take it!

With the Ioun stone active, my CHA is currently at 20.

Bonus action: cast Spiritual Weapon, the form of a sceptre. It is between the archer straight south and the archer that the wolf is attacking. It attacks the the same archer the wolf is attacking:
    Spoiler: Rolls for sceptre
    Show

Attack: (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[11]

Action: throw the dagger at the archer straight south
    Spoiler: Rolls for dagger
    Show

Attack: (1d20+3)[16]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[7]

Show

17. - Top - End - #17

AssassinGuy

Avery is quick to react, moving into the center of the group and casting light into the dark cavern that surrounds them. (Drow now have disadvantage on attacks as long as that stays bright and within 30 feet of them.)

Tilian, unsure of what to do, checks everyone for injuries quickly, and sees that they are all healthy, at least as can be expected.

Tori, seeing the danger, fires a beam of energy towards the orc to her left, but still feeling a little unsure, fires wide.

Scarlett is quick on her feet and gets into position to sneak attack the first target that becomes available, which is the Goblin that Gair lunges for. In midair, he transforms into a direwolf, but the goblin seems to quick to land a hit. Scarlett takes advantage of the goblins dodge, and sinks her weapon deep into its spine. With a twist of her blade the goblin spasms 1 time before falling to the ground.

Lander, moving into position with the rest of his group, now away from some of the targets is ready to fight.

Spoiler: Enemy Initiative
    Show

(1d20+2)[16] Goblins
    (1d20+2)[12] Drow
    (1d20+1)[18] Orc

Spoiler: New Map
    Show

Combat Order: Avery, Tilian, Tori, Orcs, Goblins, Scarlett, Lander, Drow, Gair
    Last edited by Devonkm; 2018-01-18 at 04:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Avery Burrows
    Level 3 Wizard | HP: 17/17 | AC: 13

"Wait! Didn't you see? Maybe they just woke up here like we did! Does anyone speak their tongue? You there," he points to the nearest Drow, "do you speak the Common tongue? What happened to you?"
    "All people love themselves too much to be changed by something as simple as love."
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

19. - Top - End - #19

MonkGuy

Tori, once it became more clear that she wasn't fighting alone, conjures a Warhammer to her open right hand. It's sides and handle seems to be decorated with ornate shadow figures. Tori listens as Avery attempts to speak to the Drow but, she continues to eye the goblins, orcs, and Drow.

Careful, the orc has already killed one of us. I can't help you, as I don't speak anything other than Elven and common.
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2018-01-18 at 05:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

OldWizardGuy

Tilian nods approvingly at Avery, and joins him in attempting to speak to the creatures. In Elvish, he says, "Please wait! We surely are not your enemy -- have you forgotten what just occurred? My friend here is asking you what happened to you!"

Show

This post presumes that, as indicated in the DM summary, I did not spend my first round attacking and instead checked us all for wounds.

Spoiler: In case persuasion roll is required
    Show

Roll: (1d20+6)[24]
    In case (dis)advantage applies: (1d20+6)[14]

Show

21. - Top - End - #21

AssassinGuy

As the group of you together make your pleas for reason and not violence, you can see quite clearly that the Drow are considering your words carefully. They take a combat ready stance, waiting to see what happens.

The Orcs seem not be affected by reason at all. They all seem to be reacting to what happened in a violent manner. The goblins seem to have taken a step back, but seeing a little gnome turn into a Direwolf, and Scarlett severing a spine of one of them, they resume combat as well.

The orc to the southwest charges to attack Lander with his great-sword out, foam forming in the corner of his mouth, yellow eyes a furnace of rage.
    Spoiler: Attack againt Lander
    Show

(1d20+5)[10]
    (1d12+5)[13]

Lander is able to Dodge out of the way, bumping into Tori as he does so.

The Orc to the Southwest also charges in, attacking Tori with his greataxe in hand. He too looks to be raging with madness and anger. The Goblin to the Northeast, seeing Tori fire magical energy from her fingers, will also attack Tori, fearing that magical power.
    Spoiler: Attack against Tori
    Show

(1d20+5)[20] Orc Attack
    (1d12+5)[9] Orc Damage
    (1d20+3)[23] Goblin Attack
    (1d6+2)[7] Goblin Damage

Because of being bumped (narrative), Tori is thrown off balance, not able to dodge fully from the brutal axe blow attack. The blade carves a line across her chest, and she feels the blood start to flow down her abdomen and breasts. Almost simultaneously, an arrow slams into her shoulder, but passes through. More of her blood starts to flow down her arm and back.

The Goblin to the Northwest, seeing his goblin brethren be gutted like a fish by the roguish female figure of Scarlett, lets loose an arrow in her direction. The Goblin to the South will do the same.
    Spoiler: Attacks against Scarlett
    Show

(1d20+3)[14] Attack 1
    (1d20+3)[17] Attack 2
    (1d6+2)[3] Damage 1
    (1d6+2)[4] Damage 2

Scarlett is able to dodge out of the way of 1 arrow attack, but still gets grazed by one of the projectiles. A thin line of blood starts to flow down her cheek.

The Goblin nearest to the Direwolf to the east will attack the Wolf, seeing that it took part in killing its Goblin friend. The goblin to the north will do the same.
    Spoiler: Attacks against Gair
    Show

(1d20+3)[8] Attack 1
    (1d20+3)[14] Attack 2
    (1d6+2)[3] Damage 1
    (1d6+2)[6] Damage 2

A shaft of an arrow is now visible in the shoulder of the Direwolf, as Gair readies himself to savage one of his opponents.

The Orc to the Northwest next to the Drow, flying into a rage himself, attacks the Drow with a 2 handed Warhammer. (You would guess their lack of attacking seems to register to the Orc that they are an enemy. Good Rolling, teamwork, and RP everyone)
    Spoiler: Attack on the Drow
    Show

(1d20+5)[9]
    (1d10+5)[14]

The Drow, being ready for an attack, jumps out of the way of the hammerblow, clearly surprised, but not enough to be hit.

Scarlett and Lander are up now.

Spoiler: New Map
    Show

Last edited by Devonkm; 2018-01-19 at 09:42 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

MonkGuy

As the orc attacks some unknown knowledge floods Tori's mind and a shield is cast, She don't remember how she knows these things, but she's very happy for it.

Spoiler: reaction
    Show

SHIELD
    1st-level abjuration
    Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are
    hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
    Range: Self
    Components: V. S
    Duration: 1 round
    An invisible barrier of magical force appears and
    protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a
    +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack,
    and you take no damage from magic missile

23. - Top - End - #23

Scarletgoes for an Orc, stepping forward and stabbing at the nearer one with a vicious blow.

Show
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d8+3)[11]
    (2d6)[7]

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonkm View Post
    The orc to the southwest charges to attack Lander with his great-sword out, foam forming in the corner of his mouth, yellow eyes a furnace of rage.
    Spoiler: Attack againt Lander
    Show

(d20+9)[14]
    (d20+9)[29]

Lander is able to Dodge out of the way, bumping into Tori as he does so.

Shouts out (in Orcish)

"WHY?"

And with an instinct shoots an arrow from the the quiver with less arrows in it.

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show
    Attack: (d20+9)[14]

Advantage/Disadvantage: (d20+9)[29]

Damage: (d8+5)[7]

(+1 arrow and +1 longbow)

Memory WIPED OOC

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

This is too much!

Avery vanishes.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    cast Invisbility, Stealthing (1d20+3)[9] to the edge of the cavern away from foes.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

26. - Top - End - #26

OldWizardGuy

With a cry and a quick flourish, Tilian conjures a spectral sceptre in the air. The sceptre immediately begins swinging violently at the enemy. A dagger flies from Tilian's hand, toward another enemy.

Show

With the Ioun stone active, my CHA is currently at 20.

If the drow are hostile (they go before I do), then the sceptre and dagger target the closest drow. If they are friendly or undecided, I target the two orcs closest to the party. If one or more of the orcs are already dead, I target the goblin archers.

Bonus action: cast Spiritual Weapon, in the form of a sceptre.
    Spoiler: Rolls for sceptre
    Show

Attack: (d20+7)[10]
    Damage: (d8+5)[10]

Action: throw the dagger at the archer straight south
    Spoiler: Rolls for dagger
    Show

Attack: (d20+3)[5]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[5]

Show

27. - Top - End - #27

MonkGuy

Tori, being properly equiped, aims her pact warhammer at the closest orc and unleashes another bolt at it. She looks around hoping to find some space to allow her to move around more.

Spoiler: Eldritch Blast
    Show
    (d20+5)[16] If hit (d10+2)[5]
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2018-01-21 at 09:40 PM.