New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: DrK's Gestalt Game IC

Alyssa gasped for breath as the red veil cordoned off the area. Looking out, she leaned towards the gnome. "Grillin, we ... ugh ... need to get them out of there and recoup. I need a few more seconds to ... gah ... recover ..."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Recommend Grillin use Dimensional Shuffle to pull us back, and someone keep a wall of stone handy
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Pergrim stiffens briefly as he feels the Wormcaller try to seize control of his form, but shakes his head quickly, his thoughts clearing as he watches his fallen foe drop into the jade waters below — except for one piece, stuck on the curved blade like a lump of old meat.

And then the steel catches the greenish light again, and he has it — the name. Fix its current enchantment in it, of course, with emeralds around the hilt in recognition of this place and its first kill. Even the curve is right, given the location. And it's where worms belong.

He fixes a stare at the other wormcaller, bound and struggling in the twisted kelp. "If you see your comrade in the void that awaits you," he begins, shaking loose what was left of that comrade and leveling the saber at the undead priest, "you can tell him the name of the blade that sent you both there. Tell him it was Greenwater Hoo …"

He's interrupted by a flash of immense, putrid flesh slamming down between them, missing him by inches and sending splashes of worm-fouled water every which way.

"… Pfft. Right, time and place, I suppose," he says, grasping the hilt a bit tighter. "Time and place."

Spoiler
    Show

Dimensional Shuffle is probably the safest way — he could even bring both me and the worm caller, I think. Assuming the wormcaller survives; I rolled lucky last time, but there's a good chance he'll be pretty hurt

Spoiler: status
    Show

Haste Round 3
    Undead Bane Weapon
    Inspire Courage +2 (last round)

HP 99/99
    AC 26
    Vs. Ranged: 28
    Vs. Touch: 16
    Vs. Incorp Touch: 21
    Vs. Ranged Touch: 18 (19 vs. spells)
    Vs. Traps: 30

Shoulders: Pauldrons of Health: 0E
    Waist: Strongheart Vest (bound): 1E
    Crown: Crystal Helm (bound): 3E
    Feet: Airstep Sandals (bound): Flight 0E
    Hands: Mauling Gauntlets: 0E
    Brow: Truthseeker Goggles: 0E
    Soul: Incarnate Avatar: 4E
    Shield: 2E
    Armor: 2E]
    Last edited by infomatic; 2014-04-20 at 12:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273

Chimera

Teeth clenched, he grips the saber in two hands again and brings the blade down upon the wormcaller's skull … barely the only part of the thing not wrapped in clinging kelp.

Spoiler: actions
    Show

full attack at -7 PA
    (These rolls include inspire courage +2; don't know if there's a bonus to hit for the wormcaller's entanglement)

(1d20+21)[41] to hit for (1d6+24)[30] damage and (2d6)[7] bane
    (1d20+16)[21] to hit for (1d6+24)[27] damage and (2d6)[4] bane
    (1d20+21)[36] to hit for (1d6+24)[25] damage and (2d6)[4] bane

Swift action: rejigger essentia

Out of the corner of his eye, he can see the masses of wormswarms below ripple aside as the overworm's bulk passes beneath him, and he's sure the beast is circling for another strike. Raising his voice, he calls,

"Grillin! If you've got a rescue in mind, I wouldn't say no! But if that thing gets me, make sure to save the sword!"

Spoiler: OOC, status
    Show
    Blast, that 2nd atk may be a miss unless he's got a monster Dex modifier that's negated (or if he's pinned outright; I'm not sure of rules on Kelpstrand). I had hoped to eliminate this guy entirely. Is he in range of anybody? I don't like leaving casters alive longer than necessary; there's too much trouble they can cause (and that's leaving aside the potential of him just calling for help)

Haste Round 3
    Undead Bane Weapon
    Inspire Courage +2 (last round)

HP 99/99
    AC 28
    Vs. Ranged: 30
    Vs. Traps: 32

Soul: Incarnate Avatar: 2E
    Shield: 3E
    Armor: 3E]

Last edited by infomatic; 2014-04-20 at 07:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb

Jeb continues to fly backwards whispering an incantation, As the plants of the seas have protected me so much the winds. Spirits of air, like you carry leaves in the wind, carry these worms away from the living. Jeb unleashes a burst of air upon the worm swarms below. He calls to his allies "I agree, I need time to be able to deal with that monstrosity."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move back to like...K22 and unleash burst of air DC18 fort (works on objects I believe...) on the two worm swarms. Trying to knock them back into the pit and/or disperse them.

A Tiny or smaller creature on the ground is knocked down and rolled (1d4)[2]×10 feet, taking (1d4)[2] (1d4)[3] (1d4)[1] (1d4)[3] points of nonlethal damage per 10 feet.
    No longer have time to participate in games. I apologize.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

With a great flap of his wings the massive saurian creature disperses the swarms, the blast of windscattering the worms all around the chamber, many pushed against the glimmering orange hemisphere where they sizzle and burn merrily. Out above the lake the incarnate lashes the kelp wrapped wormcaller twice with the saber doing devastating damage.

Nan and Baevard remain where they are in safety. Grilling looks about and speaks a single word as the entire party materialise under the shadow of the massive dinosaur and out of sight of the huge monstrous worm and its little assistant.

THe wormcaller continues to struggle against the kelp, a mental imperative resulting in hundreds of worms sloughing off the overworm and covering it in their bodies, their little slimy bodies sealing the wounds caused to the creature.

Spoiler: Bad guys
    Show

Overworm.... does something
    Wormcaller - call of the wormgod to absorb some of the swarm sea to get a heal effect

Grillin summons all of the party back to the chamber where Nan and Baeavard where but round the corner from the mega worm. The swarms are gone.

Party go...

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

6. - Top - End - #276

Chimera

"Bah, the thing heals itself with the worms – and it's got a lot of worms," Pergrim sighs, spying the recovered Wormcaller from around the corridor. "We'll either have to drop it fast or pull it off the lake."

Laying a hand on Alyssa's shoulder, he asks, "How are you feeling? Those things are horrible, I know … I might prefer facing that big one out there."

Spoiler: actions, such as they are
    Show

Was going to use Lesser CLW wand to heal her up, then I remembered it's Lesser Vigor and we probably won't wait long enough for that to work.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by infomatic; 2014-04-23 at 10:33 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277

Chimera

As Alyssa waves him aside, Pergrim moves to Nan — still on her feet, amazingly, though still pale and soaked with blood.

"I owe you for this," he says, his mouth a tight smile. "That thing could well have finished me off if you hadn't taken the blow — and I don't have your magics to escape its gullet. But let's give that thing as good as you got."

Spoiler: actual action
    Show

Using Rod of Seven Parts to bring Nan up to full HP.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

"I've never even seen frost worms of that size," Jeb muttered, "This place continues to amaze me. Give me some time, I must summon allies and prepare for such a beast. If someone could restore, my strength, that would be much appreciated."

The druid concentrated and summon spirits of the air to help aide him in this fight. He also beckoned his animal companion to make his way towards him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sacrificing a third level slot to summon (1d3)[2] small air elementals. I'm not sure they can do anything to the worm but maybe help mob it and also maybe whirlwind to obscure vision of the flying caster too if needed.

I'd like to place the tiger under Jeb too if it's possible for it to make its way to Jeb somewhat quickly.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Baervard

"Don't go spilling all that new blood you got." Baervard says to Nan as he traces a rune of protection in the air before her. It shimmers with a purple light and then fades away, leaving a barely visible nimbus around her. "Watch out for the teeth." He says in earnest as he grips his maul.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Shield of Faith on Nan, +3 Deflection bonus.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nan

Nan was just starting to feel the agony of the holes in her stomach when Pergrim moved to touch her with his stick. The woman's saurian eyes widened as flesh flowed like the worms they fought, knitting together and sealing up. Abruptly, she was able to stand straight and tall again. And Baervard's magic field sprang up around her, further adding to her wonder.

"You are both amazing! I will try to live up to your expectations."

As she moved back toward the doorway, she stopped just short and lifted her spear toward the ceiling.

Koooooooord!"

The trog-woman sprang upward, growing to twice her previous size.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Swift action for Inspirational Boost, and Standard action to start up Inspire Courage for everyone again. +3 to blah blah blah.

Nan will move to guard the doorway leaving about a 5' gap in case others need to get by. This is assuming the swarms are gone (if not, she'd be taking a very different kind of action).

Standard action to use the Enlarge Person wand built into her spear. Her reach is now 20'. She will take any AoO she can if a creature comes down the hallway toward them.

I think that means that the Wormcaller is now in her rage-fear aura for the first time, and so makes a will save DC (1d20+22)[26] or is shaken.

She will also use a free action to use Intimidating Rage to demoralize the megaworm (because what's more intimidating than a creature you just mauled a few seconds ago. ). Intimidate check: (1d20+22)[31]. If successful, Imperious Command kicks in, and the megaworm cowers for 1 round and then is shaken for an additional round.

Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Nan Aelbiorn
    Female CG Human Bb6/ChampGwyn5/Bard11, Level 11, Init +0, HP 115/104, DR 3/-, Speed 40'
    AC 30, Touch 15, Flat-footed 30, Fort +15, Ref +13, Will +14, Base Attack Bonus 11/6/1
    Reach, Gr Fiendslayer Crystal +3 Longspear (Wand Chamber) +26/+26/+21/+16 (1d8+16, x3)
    +5 Str Adjustment Composite Longbow (40) +11/6/1 (1d8+5, x3)
    Spiked Gauntlet +17/12/7 (1d4+3, x2)
    +1 Mithril Chain Shirt, Animated +1 Heavy Steel Shield (+6 Armor, +3 Shield, -1 Size, +6 Natural, +3 Deflect, +3 Misc)
    Abilities Str 28, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 18
    Condition Endure Elements (from wand)
    Alter Self (into troglodyte - +6 Nat Armour, Claws & Bite, Multiattack feat.
    See Invisibility
    Inspire Courage +3.
    Haste
    Bladeweave
    Shield of Faith +3
    Enlarge Person - 10 rounds
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2014-04-24 at 01:18 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa (OOC - I heard two rounds of recovery, then go time, so ...)

Wiping the beading sweat from her brow, Alyssa took a deep breath as her heart slowed. The nausea evaporated slowly, letting her concentrate on the tasks at hand. "My apologies, friends. I was feeling a bit under the weather. I am ready to join the battle once more. Excellent work all around, but we must make haste, least these fiends call for reinforcemnts.""

Spoiler
    Show
    First round, cast lesser restoration on Jeb: (1d4)[1]; Second round on me: (1d4)[3].

Third round ... waiting to unless holy hell on the bad guys!

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    HPs: 60/77; AC: 17 (19 vs evil); F +8 / R +10 / W +13 (+2 vs evil)
    Turn undead 6/6; Smite spell 2/3

Active effects
    celestial brilliance (19 days)
    endure elements (1 day)
    greater mage armor (10 hrs)
    heart of earth (10 hrs)
    prying eyes (10 hrs)
    1 quick potion [alter self] (2 hrs)
    protection from evil (10 min)
    Haste (7 rounds?)

Spoiler: Divine Spells
    Show
    0 (6): detect magic, detect magic, light, light, amanuensis, message
    1 (6+1): protection from evil, protection from evil, shield of faith, shield of faith, divine favor, burning hands
    2 (6+1): resist energy, resist energy, consecrate, lesser restoration, lesser restoration, remove paralysis, detect thoughts
    3 (4+1): dispel magic, dispel magic, remove curse, wind wall, searing light
    4 (4+1): restoration, spell immunity, death ward, undead weapon bane, holy smite
    5 (3+1): disrupting weapon, flame strike, wall of magma, true seeing

Spoiler: Arcane Spells
    Show
    0 (4+1): caltrops, silent portal, silent portal, prestidigitation, acid splash
    1 (6+1): lesser orb of fire, lesser orb of fire, true casting, shield, shield, mage armor
    2 (5+1): alter self, scorching ray, scorching ray, seeking ray, seeking ray, web
    3 (4+1): fireball, fireball, greater disrupt undead, greater disrupt undead, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, orb of fire, heart of earth, summon monster IV
    5 (3+1): prying eyes, firebrand, earth reaver, wall of stone
    Last edited by Starbin; 2014-04-25 at 04:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

With the touch of the ancient artefact of the Vaati the massive wounds puncturing Nan's supple knit themselves together with a cool blue glow as she feels strength flowing into her limbs again. Seconds later Baevard taps her on the back, a shimmering golden beard draped over the lizard-lady's face as the dwarven shield of protection settles upon her. Grillin copies the other with a smirk, a large shimmering disc of force leaping up in front of her. "Go forth chosen one". Nan thanks the others before expanding into a giant reptilian goddess of war!

Spoiler: Grillin
    Show

As he doesn't have many buffs he will settle for "Shield" on Nan to go with the other buffs she has.

Alyssa and Jeb seem to recover slightly as the young lady takes away some of the physical and mental toil the battle and spells have caused. Even as that happens a pair of whirlwinds appear beside the party under the wings of the massive dinosaur followed by a great white tiger bounding down from the hole in the roof. The massive cat bounding down the broken rocks to the floor.

Out in the sea of worms the wormcaller still struggles, unable to help or do anything save be caught up in the massive tangle of kelp wrapping him. The massive worm however comes bounding forward, a massive pulsing wall of flesh and foetid matter that drives into the chamber in a massive tangle of flesh and fangs, acid searing its hide and melting kilograms of rancid flesh as it plunges through Grillin's veil. Its mental impulses lashing out at the massive dinosaur, the mind of Kyuss seeking to stun Jeb even as the massive teeth dive down on Grillin, trying to hoover up the hero into its massive maw! The hapless gnome, small and easy prey in the mind of the massive engine of wormy death choosing the weakest member for a tasty snack! Grillin is hefted into the air trailing blood as the maw clamps down on him!

Spoiler: MEGA WORM!
    Show

Wriggles through the space as its gargantuan "long" - so on the map it now 4x2 - there are not 2 of them, do not freak out
    Worm is on 81 hps taken

-- Jeb DC 19 Will save or be stunned

THe worm attempts to bite... (1d5)[3] (Alyssa, Baevard, Grillin, Nan, Pergrim)
    Attack (1d20+26)[43] damage (4d6+32)[41] and Grapple PC (1d20)[8]+? VS (1d20+47)[51]

Nan and Jeb please make your AoOs as it comes...

Last edited by DrK; 2014-04-26 at 05:49 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The druid pushes through the evil trying to influence his mind and lashes out at the worm as he comes near, trying to to persaude it to move back. The beast continues and Jeb feels like he does not have enough time to continue to prepare. The fight is upon him now, he must destroy the worm. He sends his allies of air across the worm to strike out at the bound caster. Jeb attacks with the fury of a dinosaur. His white tiger strikes out at the beast as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok...so a lot is going on. I'm assuming this is a mindless beast. If it's evil, add 1 point of damage to it, if it's evil undead add (1d4+3)[4] onto each attack. Remember if it's evil as well, it needs a DC14 ref save or take (1d6)[4] dex damage (2d6)[12] secondary as a ravage. I've included the inspire courage bonuses into the rolls. All attacks are good and silver aligned.

AoO (1d20+20)[28] to hit, (2d10+13)[29] damage

First, the 2 air elementals will move across the worm and strike out at the bound wormcaller. This will provoke AoO from the worm.

(1d20+8)[23] to hit, (1d4)[4] damage.

Full attack

Bite: (1d20+20)[38] to hit, (2d10+13)[29] damage
    Wing 1: (1d20+15)[33] to hit, (2d6+8)[16]
    Wing 2: (1d20+15)[33] to hit, (2d6+8)[10]

Animal companion. Silvered claws. I think he's in range.

Bite: (1d20+15)[31] to hit, (2d6+10)[15] damage 12 melee (2d6+7/x3),
    2 claws (1d20+13)[33] to hit, damage: (1d6+3)[4]
    (1d20+13)[21] to hit, damage: (1d6+3)[9]

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nan

Spoiler: Shield Spell & AoO
    Show
    Because of Nan's animated shield, Grillin would probably know that she's the least useful candidate for that buff spell. But she probably wouldn't know that, so wouldn't stop him. Your call as to what he might have done.

Resolving AoO:
    Attack: (1d20+26)[31]
    Piercing damage (2d6+19)[25]
    Bonus damage if evil outsider (1d6)[6]

If she hits, this triggers Righteous Wrath, and it makes a will save DC 19 or is shaken for the encounter.

If the hit is successful, there's a free action separate touch attack for bladeweave:
    Touch Attack: (1d20+26)[38]
    Will save DC 16 or dazed for 1 round.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2014-04-26 at 03:17 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Alyssa gasped as the huge worm burrowed it's way forward, striking at the gnome. She might not completely approve of the small wizard's ethics, it was still a member of the group and she would fight to save his life.

Calling upon her arcane magics, she launched a ball of white fire at the huge worm, trying to burn away the foul thing before it could consume the gnome. Perhaps at the least, it would blow a hole through the side and provide an exit for the small wizard. "Not on my watch, foul construct of a forgotten god!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast orb of fire at worm. Casting as all pure holy damage. To hit - (1d20+10)[28], Damage - (11d6)[39]. No SR; No save for damage, but Fort save vs DC 19 or dazed for 1 round.

Show
    HPs: 60/77; AC: 17 (19 vs evil); F +8 / R +10 / W +13 (+2 vs evil)
    Turn undead 6/6; Smite spell 2/3

Active effects
    endure elements (1 day)
    heart of earth (10 hrs)
    prying eyes (10 hrs)
    Haste (4 rounds?)
    inspire courage (TBD)

Show
    1 (6+1): protection from evil, protection from evil, shield of faith, shield of faith, divine favor, burning hands
    2 (6+1): resist energy, resist energy, consecrate, lesser restoration, lesser restoration, remove paralysis, detect thoughts
    4 (4+1): restoration, spell immunity, death ward, undead weapon bane, holy smite

Show
    1 (6+1): lesser orb of fire, lesser orb of fire, true casting, shield, shield, mage armor
    2 (5+1): alter self, scorching ray, scorching ray, seeking ray, seeking ray, web
    3 (4+1): fireball, fireball, greater disrupt undead, greater disrupt undead, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, orb of fire, heart of earth, summon monster IV

16. - Top - End - #286

Chimera

"Gah!" Pergrim recoils a half-step, stunned at the sheer size of the thing; out of the worm-infested water it was even bigger than he'd guessed.

Seeing Grillin snatched up, he recovers and darts around Alyssa as the mage launches a burst of fire at the creature. Eyes never moving from the huge maw of teeth, he arcs his saber in a long swath across the overworm's repellent hide.

Spoiler: Action
    Show

Can't charge with Alyssa there, so move to O-24

Tumble check to avoid AOO (if the worm didn't already take an AOO to hit the elementals): (1d20+7)[27]

Attack (incl. Inspire Courage, -6 PA)

(1d20+21)[34] to hit for (1d6+18)[24] damage

Spoiler: status
    Show

Haste
    Undead Bane Weapon
    Inspire Courage +3
    HP 99/99
    AC 26
    Vs. Ranged: 28
    Vs. Traps: 30

Shield: 2E
    Armor: 2E]
    Last edited by infomatic; 2014-04-27 at 09:49 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

Baervard

When this is killed we should cleanse this wormpit. "Probably where it was spawned!" Baervard says to no one in particular, finishing his thoughts out loud. "Grillin!" He shouts as the gnome is snatched up by the Overworm then hustles next to it, smashing his warhammer into the aberration's flank.

Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step, Full Attack, Power Attack for -4.

Attack (1d20+20)[30]
    Damage (1d8+28)[36]

Attack (1d20+20)[39]
    Damage (1d8+28)[35]

Attack (1d20+15)[28]
    Damage (1d8+28)[36]

Attack (1d20+10)[15]
    Damage (1d8+28)[34]

Status
    HP 91/125
    AC 31 (+1 from haste)
    F/R/W 16/8/12

Effects: Haste, Inspire Courage +3
    If he hits at least once Combat Focus triggers, upping his Will by +4 and starting his Fast Healing 4.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nan

Like the others, Nan cries out in shared pain as Grillin is so brutally savaged by the worm. She takes a halting step backward and plunges her spear again and again into the creature's flank.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    5' step back away from the creature.

Full attack action:

Haste attack: (1d20+23)[33] Piercing Dmg: (2d6+17)[22] Bonus if evil outsider: (1d6)[1]
    1st Iterative: (1d20+23)[40] Piercing Dmg: (2d6+17)[27] Bonus if evil outsider: (1d6)[5]
    2nd Iterative: (1d20+18)[30] Piercing Dmg: (2d6+17)[25] Bonus if evil outsider: (1d6)[6]
    3rd Iterative: (1d20+13)[29] Piercing Dmg: (2d6+17)[24] Bonus if evil outsider: (1d6)[2]

Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Nan Aelbiorn
    Female CG Human Bb6/ChampGwyn5/Bard11, Level 11, Init +0, HP 115/104, DR 3/-, Speed 40'
    AC 30, Touch 15, Flat-footed 30, Fort +15, Ref +13, Will +14, Base Attack Bonus 11/6/1
    Reach, Gr Fiendslayer Crystal +3 Longspear (Wand Chamber) +20/+15/+10 (1d8+12, x3)
    +5 Str Adjustment Composite Longbow (40) +11/6/1 (1d8+5, x3)
    Spiked Gauntlet +17/12/7 (1d4+3, x2)
    +1 Mithril Chain Shirt, Animated +1 Heavy Steel Shield (+6 Armor, +3 Shield, -1 Size, +6 Natural, +3 Deflect, +3 Misc)
    Abilities Str 28, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 18
    Condition Endure Elements (from wand)
    Alter Self (into troglodyte - +6 Nat Armour, Claws & Bite, Multiattack feat.
    See Invisibility
    Haste
    Bladeweave
    Shield of Faith +3
    Enlarge Person - 10 rounds
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2014-04-28 at 02:15 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Even as the worm surges in with a vast wave of destruction, the poor gnome snatched up in the creature's cavernous maw the party leap into action with amazing alacrity as the quickening magic is still upon them. A ball of blazing white light that fills the room sears a vast hole in the creatures flank before the rest of the party close in with tooth, claw and weapon to dispatch in the most basic of ways! The massive claws of the tiger and the huge dinosaur tear into it, the moonlight glinting around the silvered claws particularly potent as it tear great gashes in the megaworms flanks. Every claw and bite spilling dozens of worms out over Jeb and his pet, the worms trying to bury and infest the pair of them. Even as that happens the holy power of Jeb seeps into the beast as "goodness" ravages the massive creature.

Spoiler: Ravages and worms
    Show

Jeb and the Tiger
    - DC 19 ref save each to avoid worms latching onto you and starting to burrow!

Overworm AoO, Bite, Wing, Wing for the Ravages
    -- Ref saves DC14
    -- (1d20+11)[15](1d20+11)[17](1d20+11)[30](1d20+11)[29]

Even as the magic flays it and the animals ravage it Nan, Baevard and Pergrim hack and slash at the massive beast with wild abandon as they seek to chop it down to size and stop it devouring their friend! Bits of worm fly everywhere, despite the resistance caused by their lack of silver weaponry, and the floor is soon covered in a thick layer of slime, ichor and squashed kyuss worms....

Spoiler: ouch
    Show

Worm up to 295 damage!!

Grillin shudders in the beast's maw as his form becomes translucent and fades slightly from reality. As he does so he tries to flee the massive monster that snaps at his heels trying to capture is semi-incorporeal meal! There is a horrific rending sound as the teeth engulf the tiny gnome and then seconds later a welter of blood as the hapless gnome is ripped apart, a splash of blood spraying upon Alyssa and Nan!

Spoiler: Grillin
    Show

Activate Harues incorporeal movement so 50% miss chance of stuff- not full incorporeal sadly
    AoO (1d20+26)[35] damage (4d6+32)[46] miss 1-50 (1d100)[84]

The massive worm shudders and shakes, a mere shadow of its former glory as vast plates and chunks of flesh lie strewn around the chamber. Letting out an earsplitting roar that seems to shake the Temple you can hear an answering roar from somewhere else deep within the Temple as you can feel a great evil mind unveiling itself! Looking down at the dwarf that had smashed it heavily so many times it sends its spark of kyuss madness at Baevard seeking to stun the dwarf whilte it strikes at the massive dinosaur that had so horrifically injured it with its claws and bite tainted with silver - a material that is anathema to the kyuss spawn! The worm caller continues to struggle futilely beyond the veil still wrapped in seaweed as the elementals now taunt and torment it but cannot overcome its unnatural resistances.

Spoiler: megaworm
    Show

Call of the Wormgod DC19 Will (supernatuiral) on Baevard

Bite the giant dinosaur (Jeb) (1d20+22)[41] damage (4d6+32)[41]
    (luminous armour -4 accounted for)

Kelpstrands (1d20+7)[19] Vs (1d20+18)[30] and (1d20+7)[9] Vs (1d20+18)[31]

The call to arms seems to work well as the door behind Alyssa and Pergrim swings open and in the radiance of the young cleric's form you can see the room behind you. The chamber beyond looks like a temple of sorts lined with trappings of religious ceremonies to Kyuss the Wormgod but the heart of the room instead of an altar stands a beautiful if disturbing fountain carved from black marble filled with cool looking clear water.

The doors swinging open also reveal the pair of cowled Wormcallers and a solitary Sword of Kyuss, the sword wielding one eyed creatures similar to those you met upstairs. The sword of Kyuss hisses and raises its sword as a ball of dark negative energy streaks from its form exploding in the centre of the chamber bathing the entire party in its unholy energy. The pair of wormcallers on the other hand stand back, throwing back the hoods of their priestly robes as they command the two nearest, Alyssa and Pergrim, to come and drink from the strange looking fountain. If resistance occurs they follow up with a more direct imperative seeking to pin dwarf and human in place!

Spoiler: Ambush!
    Show

Sword of Kyuss walks forward and -ve energy death ball! in M23 catching everyone!
    - Ref DC 22 for half of (14d6)[35] damage

Caller 1
    - Suggestion "drink the water" to Alyssa DC19, if she passes quickend Hold DC 18 (both Will negates)

Caller 2
    - Suggestion "drink the water" to Pergrim DC19, if she passes quickend Hold DC 18 (both Will negates)

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by DrK; 2014-04-28 at 02:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290

Baervard

"Not your turn..." Baervard grits his teeth as the wave of necrotic energy washes over him. He puts one hand against the wall and steadies himself then looks around the corner to see what's coming their way. "Got to shut them out. Jeb!" Baervard shouts and ducks slightly, avoiding a piece of Overworm that Nan hacked off. "Send your aurans around the big worm, draw it's attention. I've got to disengage!"

Without waiting to see to see if the druid even heard him Baervard lets out a roar to build up his courage and pushes off the wall, trying to make it to the other side of the hallway. Right before he nears the earthen wall he lowers his head and rams it at full speed. The wall doesn't bounce Baervard back, instead it buckles under the impact and a ripple spreads out along the wall heading back towards the Sword and and Wormcallers. Right before it reaches the Sword a shelf of rock bursts from the wall and shoots out across the hallway and slams into the other wall making a seamless barrier of earth and stone.

Spoiler
    Show
    The plan is for Jeb to command his Air Elementals to fly around the Overworm and provoke Attacks of Opportunities from it. Then Baervard moves over to K24 where he's (hopefully) out of the reach of the Overworm but still has line of sight / line of effect to the squares L26 and M26. Baervard sucks at casting defensively and can't Tumble.

He then casts Wall of Stone at squares L26 and M26 forming a wall 2 inches thick. I'm not sure how high the ceiling is but he's got 9 5ft squares of Stone Wall to place and it only takes 2 to block the hallway, so he's got some room to spare vertically.

If Jeb doesn't send the Air Elementals or the Overworm gets an AoO on him anyway, so be it. He'll just pray that it misses! AC would be 31.

Reflex Saves vs Negative Energy Ball (1d20+12)[22]

Status
    HP 77/125
    AC 31 (+1 from haste)
    F/R/W 16/8/12

Effects: Haste, Inspire Courage +3, Combat Focus
    Last edited by Chambers; 2014-04-28 at 03:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

The pyromancer started to smile at the flow of the battle when the sudden arrival of a Sword of Kyuss and two more worm callers spoiled her glee. The wave of necrotic energy nearly drove her to the ground, causing her to grit her teeth in pain. She had little time to think about it, however, as one of the wormcallers tried to bend her will to it's. Growling, she shook her head, the weave of protective magiks around her preventing the lost soul from tempting her with promises of power.

Bowing only slightly under the onslaught, the tiny woman stood straight, throwing her hands into the skin as her skin nearly burst with glory and light. "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR FOUL TREACHERY! NOW YOU WILL KNOW WHY COWER FROM THE SUN ... NOW YOU WILL LEARN WHY YOU FEAR THE LIGHT!"

As she raised a flask of oil, each of their adversaries was suddenly engulfed in holy flames, appearing from nowhere. Alyssa grinned fiercely in the flickering flames, laughing as her opponents burned ...

Spoiler
    Show
    Step away from these bastiches if necessary and go nuclear. Casting firebrand as half-holy, half-fire, ALL smiting spell! With ten 5ft squares, I've got enough Blessed Hatred to spread the love! One on the worm, on each wormcaller, and the Sword of Kyuss. Time to get medieval! All evil creatures take -2 to saving throws, Ref save vs DC 20 for half damage (half is fire, half is holy). Failed save means blinded for 1 round.

Dam vs Overworm - (10d6)[33] x50% = 49 dam
    Dam vs Sword - (10d6)[39] x50% = 58 dam
    Dam vs Caller 1 - (10d6)[35] x50% = 52 dam
    Dam vs Caller 2 - (10d6)[41] x50% = 61 dam
    Dam vs Entangled Caller - (10d6)[31] x50% = 46 dam

Persistant fire damage to Overworm - (1d6)[2]

Show
    HPs: 43/77; AC: 17 (19 vs evil); F +8 / R +10 / W +13 (+2 vs evil)
    Turn undead 6/6; Smite spell 1/3

Active effects
    endure elements (1 day)
    heart of earth (10 hrs)
    prying eyes (10 hrs)
    Haste (4 rounds?)
    inspire courage (TBD)

Show

Show
    Last edited by Starbin; 2014-04-28 at 05:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nan

Nan is too engrossed in the battle to feel the despair that might come as reinforcements arrive. She continues to stab at the massive worm-creature, hoping to end it quickly, now that its link to the sea of worms has been severed.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    If no one before her has taken out the megaworm, she'll 5' step back and full attack again:
    1st Iterative: (1d20+23)[24] Piercing damage: (2d6+17)[23] Bonus if evil outsider: (1d6)[2]
    2nd Iterative: (1d20+18)[29] Piercing damage: (2d6+17)[21] Bonus if evil outsider: (1d6)[4]
    3rd Iterative: (1d20+13)[14] Piercing damage: (2d6+17)[22] Bonus if evil outsider: (1d6)[4]

The first successful attack triggers a Bladeweave touch attack. If successful, that attack triggers a DC 16 will save or the megaworm is dazed for 1 round.

If either of the new callers or the sword approach within 30' of Nan, they make a DC (1d20+24)[42] intimidate check or are shaken for (1d4+1)[4] rounds.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nan addendum
    Spoiler: Haste attack
    Show
    Sorry, forgot the extra attack from Haste:

Attack: (1d20+23)[34] Piercing damage: (2d6+17)[22] Bonus if evil outsider: (1d6)[3]

24. - Top - End - #294

Chimera

As the worm collapses into a shuddering, putrescent mass, Pergrim sets his jaw grimly as the gruesome end of Grillin. The gnome's last act was to save him from this beast, only to fall victim to it seconds later.

From the corner of his eye, he sees Baevard conjure a wall to seal off the new threat — those attackers would have to be dealt with, too, but first things first. Eyes fixed on the still-struggling Wormcaller, Pergrim sprints toward the lakeshore and launches himself toward the foe like a bearded missile.

"Jeb! We have to finish him off before he heals again!" he calls as he unleashes a furious, reckless swing at the priest.

Spoiler: action
    Show

Pergrim probably doesn't know about the poor tiger — but he has seen this Wormcaller heal completely from a beatdown using the lake.

Charge attack on Wormcaller, Power Attack for 10, shifting all of it to AC as penalty w/shock trooper feat.

(1d20+27)[34] attack for (1d6+31)[37] damage and (2d6)[4] bane damage

Haste
    Undead Bane Weapon
    Inspire Courage +3
    HP 82/99
    AC 26 - 10
    Vs. Ranged: 28 -10
    Vs. Touch: 16 -10
    Vs. Incorp Touch: 21 -10
    Vs. Ranged Touch: 18 (19 vs. spells) -10
    Vs. Traps: 30 -10

Feet: Airstep Sandals (bound): Flight 2E
    Shield: 0E
    Armor: 2E
    Last edited by infomatic; 2014-04-29 at 11:13 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Overwhelmed by the blast of energy that assaulted him and a bite from the worm that pierced his armor, Jeb was overjoyed when he saw that the worm had fallen. Badly wounded, he noted the worms burrowing themselves through the thick armor in his tiger, but he hears Pergrim's cry. He was right, the other threat is contained, Jeb needs to destroy this threat, then aide the others.

The druid and his pack charge at the wormcaller.

Spoiler
    Show

Bite: (1d20+20)[38] to hit, (2d10+13)[25] damage

Animal companion. Silvered claws. Pouncing.

Bite: (1d20+15)[23] to hit, (2d6+10)[20] damage
    2 claws (1d20+13)[33] to hit, damage: (1d6+3)[8]
    (1d20+13)[24] to hit, damage: (1d6+3)[4]

Rake x 2
    (1d20+13)[29] to hit, damage: (1d6+3)[4]
    (1d20+13)[21] to hit, damage: (1d6+3)[9]

Two air elemental slams
    (1d20+8)[26] to hit, (1d4)[1]
    (1d20+8)[17] to hit, (1d4)[2]

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+13)[31] crit confirm for 3x on the claw

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

The violence spreads but calling upon magical powers gifted by the gods Baevard and Alyssa begin to turn things around. Fire erupts around every one of the evil undead creatures and the massive worm. All of the creatures brutalised and scorched horribly by Alyssa's holy flames powered by vengeance. Seconds later Nan strikes, spears skewering the massive worm before the point punctures what passes for its brain and the beast slowly crumples up upon itself.

Even as the worm is destroyed Baevard turns and morphs the very walls themselves blocking off the trio of undead that had so assailed the party, only a few wisps of smoke from Alyssa's fury remaining on this side of the wall of stone.

Over the lake of worms the caller is still strapped in kelp strands that being blessed resist the blinding white light that ravages the wormcaller leaving its armour smoking and damaged, though not for long as a pair of massive teeth from a flying monster tore off its arm before the sabre of Pergrim stove in its head!

Spoiler: Bad guys
    Show

They Do stuff. You can't see as they are on the other side of a wall

THe wormcaller above the lake is dead
    THe mega worm is dead!

Players may go again. Well done you are kicking arse!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Flushed with excitement, Alyssa raised her hands to deliver more fiery destruction upon their foes when a wall suddenly appeared, blocking them off. "What have you done? Now they will attemp to heal their wounds! Quickly, apply any ministrations we need, then prepare for the next round.

I also suggest we all spread out!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty ... now for the fun ... secondary damage! Hoping that all those bastiches are blind due to failed saves, but here's what they take.
    Persistant Flame damage
    Sword - (1d6)[3]
    Caller 1 - (1d6)[6]
    Caller 2 - (1d6)[4]

And for firebrand secondary damage - I might be misreading this ... it might have been damage they should have taken in the first round, but either way it don't matter, I suppose. Ref save at -2 vs DC 20 for half damage (half is fire, half is holy).

Sword - (5d6)[15] x 50% = 22 dam
    Caller 1 - (5d6)[20] x 50% = 30 dam
    Caller 2 - (5d6)[14] x 50% = 21 dam

Holding actions, to see if the others need something before things get all crazy!
    Show
    HPs: 43/77; AC: 17 (19 vs evil); F +8 / R +10 / W +13 (+2 vs evil)
    Turn undead 6/6; Smite spell 1/3

Active effects
    endure elements (1 day)
    heart of earth (10 hrs)
    prying eyes (10 hrs)
    Haste (7 rounds?)

Show

Show
    Last edited by Starbin; 2014-04-30 at 05:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb moves down and casts a spell, expunging the worms out of the white tiger's body. He calls to the others, "I am wounded, give me a few seconds to heal my wounds! Be ready for that wall to fall..."

The air elementals move right next to the stone wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting remove disease on the animal companion.

Jeb is at really low HP if someone can heal. He can convert a spell next round too.

30. - Top - End - #300

Baervard

"Tend to your wounds a moment Jeb, then I'll aid ye." Baervard says once the worms have been slain. He glances at Alyssa while he takes hold of a small charm on his necklace. "I bought us some time while our friend was being eaten alive." He says a little louder than necessary before his holy symbol begins to glow. A strong white glow emanates from the miniature anvil and he overs it to Alyssa. "Stand close to her and their words will have no power over you."

He then turns and lays a hand on Jeb. "Works not done yet this day." He says with a grimace. "Nan, is Grillin all right?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Posting two rounds of actions. Magic Circle against Evil on Alyssa (with her permission, of course) and subbing his other MCaE for Cure Serious Wounds on Jeb.

CSW (3d8+9)[24]