New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: DrK's Gestalt Game IC

Alyssa

Alyssa waved her hand dismissively at the requests to use the library, nodding in Jeb's direction. She sighed at Amy's words. "You sound very much like our lost companion. However, Jeb has the right of it ... the price of dark knowledge is never worth it, no matter what you might think. It simply places you one step closer to being lost.

No, it was this knowledge that allowed the horror that is Kyuss to come into being. I'll not watch the circle repeat itself simply because we hoped to gain power. Faith will be our power."

Once the items that did not resonate with evil were shared amongst those who wanted them, Alyssa followed the group to the edge of the sea of worms, staring out with a fierce glow in her eyes. "Let me see what we can find across this sea of filth ..." She whistled up the well, calling her small eyes back down. "Range across the room and search all openings. Return if you see danger immediately, or cannot proceed. Otherwise return in two minutes."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sending the prying eyes out and waiting to see what they tell us before we fly over. Didn't someone cast true seeing? Anything odd about the room?

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    HPs: 43/84 (22 temp); AC: 17 (19 vs evil); F +8 / R +11 / W +14 (+2 vs evil)
    Turn undead 6/6; Smite spell 2/3

Active effects
    celestial brilliance (18 days)
    greater mage armor (10 hrs)
    heart of earth (10 hrs)
    prying eyes (10 hrs)
    protection from evil (10 min)
    Resist energy (fire), mass (110 min)

Spoiler: Divine Spells (CL 11)
    Show
    0 (6): detect magic, detect magic, light, light, amanuensis, message
    1 (7+1): protection from evil, protection from evil, shield of faith, shield of faith, divine favor, lesser vigor, lesser vigor, burning hands
    2 (6+1): resist energy, resist energy, consecrate, lesser restoration, lesser restoration, remove paralysis, detect thoughts
    3 (5+1): dispel magic, dispel magic, remove curse, mass resist energy, wind wall, searing light
    4 (4+1): restoration, spell immunity, death ward, undead weapon bane, holy smite
    5 (3+1): disrupting weapon, flame strike, wall of magma, true seeing
    6 (2+1): heal, undeath to death, bolt of glory

Spoiler: Arcane Spells (CL 11)
    Show
    0 (4+1): caltrops, silent portal, silent portal, prestidigitation, acid splash
    1 (6+1): lesser orb of fire, lesser orb of fire, true casting, true casting, shield, shield, mage armor
    2 (6+1): alter self, scorching ray, scorching ray, seeking ray, seeking ray, levitate, web
    3 (5+1): fireball, fireball, greater disrupt undead, greater disrupt undead, greater mage armor, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, orb of fire, heart of earth, summon monster IV
    5 (3+1): prying eyes, firebrand, empowered fireball, wall of stone
    6 (2+1): empowered firebrand, lingering flames, acid fog
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

The prying eyes flit across the rolling sea of Worms and around the shattered old pillars and walls that form remnant islands. Reaching the far passage there is a change in tone. Runes and pictures on the wall truly alien and strange, mindbending towers depicted that defy the eyes ability to follow.

The main chamber is opulent though still alien. The furniture crafted in metal and bone at angles that don't suit any humanoid. The tapestries on the walls range from mundane depictions of torture to bizzare geometric patterns of abstract thought.

The prying eyes freeze by the threshold as in the light of a glowing green glass orb they see the pair of Knights of Kyuss, the last 2 of the 4 generals he had and in the centre of room in the heart of a complicated circle if runes stances the undead 6 armed creature you witnessed from the visions. An alien spell weaver that had gifted Kyuss the knowledge to enact his ritual!

It looks at the orbs, no expression on the strange shaped skull, a whisper of I am waiting. Many have tried and all have fallen...
    As it speaks, green fire blazing in its eye sockets the eyes flee back to Alyssa.

Spoiler: Cliffhanger
    Show

So... Here is the ultimate boss of this adventure. And he's got 2 Kyuss knights!
    But I'm off on holiday Mon --> Fri so will have very limited access (basically just my phone) so no major updates till next weekend.

No initiative yet as its just you are aware of each other but not close enough to start fighting. Prepare as you wish, death awaits you....

Last edited by DrK; 2014-06-08 at 03:11 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #423
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Baervard

"We can deal with these other concerns once we've dealt with whatever's across that lake." Baervard says, kneeling down at the edge and touching the stone floor with one hand. He shields his eyes from the light and lets them adjust to the darkness as he peers across. "Aye, there's stone enough at the other end." He says and straightens up.

"I can bridge us the gap. Alyssa, what do your eyes see?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Here are Baervard's spells for buffing before he creates the Wall of Stone bridge to go across the lake, listed in order of casting: Bull's Strength, Mass Aid, Nightshield, [Others], Righteous Might. The [Other] space indicates any spells the party wants cast on them. He can give one person a Bull's Strength and two people a Shield of Faith +3.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2014-06-08 at 07:35 AM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

At Alyssa's words, Amy physically flinches back looking deeply wounded.

You think I want to read this? You believe I am some kind of monster? Believe me, I understand the very real dangers involved.

She hands the book to Alyssa.

I respect your ideals and I pray your faith will protect us all. Just ... please remember that ideals also come with a price.

She heads over to join Baervard at the water's edge.

Vi dúath dofn tummen... she murmurs to herself before speaking up in common. I fear what might be waiting for us over this lake. This place is alive with a malevolent intelligence. I'm not sure if it's getting stronger, or I'm getting more attuned to it but there is great power. I cannot see how your mage can possibly still be alive, or if he is how he can still be sane.

Spoiler
    Show

The elvish translates to: In deep darkness buried...
    Which is a line from an elven poem she's quoting back to herself.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Alyssa waited, but within mere moments the eyes came flying back to her, filling her mind with the images. Nonplussed, she took a step back, one hand on her symbol, the other raised defensively. After a few seconds, she shook her head, warding away the dangerous tableau that awaited them. She looked at th others, her eyes deadly serious. "It seems we have found the current master of this necropolis. If you recall when we spoke of the visions earlier, there was a creature, something not of this world, not of this plane, that gifted Kyuss with dark rituals that completed the madman's quest for power. The creature that stands waiting for us now is the self-same being ... a spell weaver.

It stands surrounding by bizarre and alien runes ... as well as with the two remaining generals of Kyuss ... dark knights who have bound their souls to their god. This next encounter will be one that tests us more than all the previous combined. I see our deaths ... but that cannot stop our efforts."

Alyssa described as much as she could of the scene - the creatures, the generals, the runic circles, so that all might have a say in what these things meant.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Knowledge checks, I guess? Looking for information on the spell weaver, what circles are around him, and who the knights are.

Arcane - (1d20+17)[21]
    History - (1d20+17)[33]
    Religion - (1d20+17)[34]
    Plane - (1d20+17)[21]
    Lore check - (1d20+19)[28]

Let's see what we can find out! If anyone is going to cast a skill check increasing spell, do so before we all make our checks! Also, Alyssa can always use a Shield of Faith ... although the melee folks might need it more. Nan does a lot of natural armor stuff ... maybe barkskin to her

Show

Active effects
    heart of earth (10 hrs)
    prying eyes (10 hrs)

Show
    1 (7+1): protection from evil, protection from evil, shield of faith, shield of faith, divine favor, lesser vigor, lesser vigor, burning hands
    2 (6+1): resist energy, resist energy, consecrate, lesser restoration, lesser restoration, remove paralysis, detect thoughts
    3 (5+1): dispel magic, dispel magic, remove curse, mass resist energy, wind wall, searing light
    4 (4+1): restoration, spell immunity, death ward, undead weapon bane, holy smite

Show
    1 (6+1): lesser orb of fire, lesser orb of fire, true casting, true casting, shield, shield, mage armor
    2 (6+1): alter self, scorching ray, scorching ray, seeking ray, seeking ray, levitate, web
    3 (5+1): fireball, fireball, greater disrupt undead, greater disrupt undead, greater mage armor, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, orb of fire, heart of earth, summon monster IV

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb growls, "An aberration that corrupts, the worst kind. You did not see the one who ventured in I assume? I will prepare with spells, and we shall march over the bridge to end it all. I feel I have been guided here with you all this day. All my life, I have striven to destroy the abominations that are aberrations and the undead monstrosities that walk among us. Now we have that chance."

He paused for a moment recalling the spells he had prepared for that day. "I have spells ready that will cast upon myself and my companion. The white tiger needs some healing if anyone can readily provide. I have one spell that will help harden your skin if someone desires..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: casting buffs before we take off as specified on the sheet. The tiger needs two charges of the vigor wand if possible.
    Last edited by Mishkov; 2014-06-08 at 12:53 PM.
    No longer have time to participate in games. I apologize.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nan

Nan takes Alyssa's news with a certain aplomb.

"Valhalla is very attractive at this time of year."

She smiles shyly, and it becomes clear that this is as close to humour as you have seen from Nan. Then she too sets to work layering in protections and ways to quicken the blood.

Spoiler: Group and Self Buffs
    Show
    Assuming that just a few minutes have gone by, Nan will be trying out the wand of Eagle's Splendour, casting Protection from Evil on herself. When others are nearly ready to go, she will cast Haste on the group, use her wand to become Large, and then use Inspirational Boost and Inspire Courage to give everyone +3 morale to attacks, damage and fear saves.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Spells and enchantments build and spread around the party of heroes as they ready for what is likely the final battle within the Spire. As they stand by the seething sea of worms readying for the war to come. THe last of the prying eyes down the long rune and iconography rich corridor can see the Spellweaver casting its own enchantments and readying for battle!

Spoiler: Finale!
    Show

Players go first..., assume its just after Baevard makes a stone bridge (not shown)

Spellweaver - alien, LICH, can cast multiple spells per turn, resistant to spells

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The troll takes flight and hovers over the bridge around 10 feet to allow the others to follow him beneath. His pet follows behind. Turning the corner, he sees the knights. Although not able to charge this round, he casts another incantation at the enemy spellcaster. The jaws of nature will assault and grapple at the caster, attempting to bite at its arms and stop the spells while Jeb prepares to charge the knights.

"You have been on this earth for too long, monster, return to the void from whence you came."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to like...I16ish? Depending on bridge. Jeb has nemesis, so he should be able to sense the monster to attack even if he does not have direct line of sight, but he'd prefer to have direct line of sight if he can.

Buff duration 1/12 (2/12 Evard's Menacing Tentacles)
    Spirit Jaws 1/12
    Sheet

Spirit jaws attack on alien person
    (1d20+15)[35] for (2d6)[11] damage
    IF HIT, (1d20+19)[30] grapple check

(1d20+10)[27] for (2d6)[3] damage
    IF HIT, (1d20+19)[29] grapple check

Edit: If Jeb has haste from anyone else, he moves closer so he could charge the next round.
    Last edited by Mishkov; 2014-06-14 at 06:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430

Baervard

As Baervard slams his warhammer against a rock near the edge of the lake stones rise from it's depth and merge with one another, forming a bridge across. "The way is open." He says. "May the All-Father guide you all this day."

Taking up his warhammer in both hands he hustles across the bridge as fast as can manage, catching himself on the far wall of the passageway. He looks back over his shoulder and waves his hand, urging his companions forward, then turns his attention towards the death knights waiting before him. His face set, he pushes off against the wall and advances slowly towards the knights, shield floating to his shield as he walks to meet them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Double move to N18.

Status
    HP 136/136, 13 Temp HP
    DR 5/--
    AC 32 (31 base, +1 from haste)
    F/R/W 21/15/17 (15/8/11 base, +3 morale all from Mass Conviction, +3 resistance all from Nightshield, +1 Reflex from Haste)

Current Effects: Haste, Inspire Courage +3, Bull's Strength, Nightshield, Mass Conviction (100 minutes)
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nan

The shieldmaiden took a moment, and focused on Alyssa's description of the Spellweaver and the room she had seen. Nan pictured herself in the corner of the room, her new colleagues by her side. She took up her spear, holding it out for those who stand by her to take hold. Completing her magic of transportation, Nan prepared to enter her combat crouch and face death again.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move as needed in order to gather up those who choose to come with her, then Dimension Door to about 10-15' away from where she thinks the spellweaver is, according to Alyssa's Eyes.

Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Nan Aelbiorn
    Female CG Human Bb6/ChampGwyn6/Bard12, Level 12, Init +1, HP 124/112, DR 4/-, Speed 40'
    AC 30, Touch 15, Flat-footed 29, Fort +17, Ref +16, Will +16, Base Attack Bonus 12/7/2
    Reach, Gr Fiendslayer Crystal +3 Longspear (Wand Chamber) +21/+16/+11 (1d8+12, x3)
    +5 Str Adjustment Composite Longbow (40) +13/8/2 (1d8+5, x3)
    Spiked Gauntlet +18/13/8 (1d4+3, x2)
    +1 Mithril Chain Shirt, Animated +1 Heavy Steel Shield (+6 Armor, +3 Shield, +1 Dex, +6 Natural, +3 Deflect, +1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 27, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 20
    Condition Endure Elements (from wand)
    Alter Self (into troglodyte - +6 Nat Armour, Claws & Bite, Multiattack feat.)
    See Invisibility
    Resist Energy (Fire) 10
    Mirror Image - 7 duplicates
    Inspire Courage +3
    Haste
    Eagle's Splendour
    Protection from Evil
    Shield of Faith
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

12. - Top - End - #432

Chimera

Pergrim crossed the bridge warily, almost more nervous about what lurked beneath it than what lay beyond. Deathless knights and perverse arcanists he could deal with more than the writhing masses that roiled who-knows-how-deep in the green lake.

As their foes come into dim view, Nan calls out an alert and Pergrim grasps her outstretched spear, his body outlined in a brilliant blue. They'd best take their fight to the knights' master as soon as possible.

Spoiler
    Show

Follow along with Nan. Activate Incarnum Radiance.

Greater Magic Weapon +2
    Bull's Strength +4str
    Haste +1 hit/ac/reflex, +30move
    Inspire courage +3 morale hit/dmg/fear saves
    Mass Conviction +3 morale saves
    Incarnum Radiance +3 Melee to hit

HP 111/111
    AC 26
    Vs. Ranged: 28
    Vs. Touch: 19
    Vs. Incorp Touch:
    Vs. Ranged Touch: 21 (22 vs. spells)
    Vs. Traps: 30

Soulmelds

Feet: Impulse Boots (bound) Uncanny Dodge, Evasion [3E]
    Head: Crystal Helm [3E]
    Waist: Vitality Belt (Bound); +11hp/ess, imm to Con dmg/Drain 0E]
    Arms: Lifebond Vestments (bound), healing at range [0E]
    Soul: Incarnate Avatar
    Neck: Planar Ward [3E], +3 saves vs. extraplanar opponents
    Hands: Mauling Gauntlets

Armor: 2E
    Shield: 2E
    Last edited by infomatic; 2014-06-16 at 11:55 AM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

The group quickly prepared themselves, knowing this next encounter would be dangerous. As the others cast their spells, Alyssa spoke quietly, relaying a number of items relating to liches and spell weavers, as well as what they had learned of the knights. She also told them that the runes seemed decorative in nature, but did not constitute magical wards.

Show
    Quick question - did the KS checks let us know anything about the knights, other than what we already knew?

Okay, for buffs, here are Alyssa's recommendations:
    Death Ward: Jeb
    Undead Weapon Bane: Jeb or Nan
    Spell Immunity: Amy
    Resist Energy (Electricity or Cold): Jeb and someone else?

Tell me what you guys think before we ram-jam this sonnuvabiatch!

Show

Active effects
    heart of earth (10 hrs)
    prying eyes (10 hrs)
    Haste (?) +1 AC/+1 Ref/+30 Move / extra attack
    Inspire courage (TBD) +3 attack/damage, +3 saves vs Fear

Show

Show
    Last edited by Starbin; 2014-06-17 at 03:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434

Flumph

As the party prepares itself for combat, Amy readies to move up with Jeb. Feeling slightly odd talking to a troll, but knowing that what lives within is quite different, she begins weaving defensive magic over him.

I can help you stall the knights. When battle is joined I will do my best to slow them down. In the meantime this will help keep you alive.

Spoiler
    Show

Cast Shield and Blur on Jeb.

Just before combat is joined also cast Globe of Invulnerability on Jeb.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Violence begins! Jeb, Baevard, Amy and Alyssa surge forward down the bridge of stone that sprung from Baevard's hands. A pair of massive spectral dinosaur jaws flying through the air but then vanishing harmlessly through the shimmering illusion of the alien creature...

With a faint pop Nan appears in the chamber where she can see through the strange alien's creatures cloak of invisibility as it stands in the corner (U16) a shimmering creature obscured by a blurred shimmer and a multiple images of itself. Arms spinning in a great display of spell casting mastery it begins to spell weave... A ray of blackness, a flickering cluster of shrike like skull missiles and a black strength sapping ray all launching from its various alien arms...

Spoiler: Spellweaver
    Show

Casts Enervation at Nan (1d20+19)[30] touch [roll]1d4[/roll negative levels
    Casts Blindness DC 21 FORT or blind

The two knights are loyal to the strange undead master, both standing firm as Baevard, Jeb and Amy ready to assault them. One standing blocking the passageway whilst the other charges forward, sword swing at the dwarf.

Spoiler: Kyuss Knights
    Show

S18 stands and readies
    R17 charges Baevard (1d20+28)[39] damagae (1d10+15)[18] + (2d6)[7] unholy

16. - Top - End - #436

Baervard

The death knight's sword swings past Baervard's shield and slams against his him. His heavy armor dulls the blow a bit and Baervard shakes his head and glances at the spellweaver. Where in the Nine Hells did that thing come from? He chokes up on his warhammer and pounds away at the death knight, trying to reduce it's bones to dust.

Spoiler
    Show
    DR reduce the weapon damage to 13 + 7 unholy, then his 13 temps reduced the damage to 7.

Full Attack, Power Attack for -5. Current Attack bonus is +27 (+21 base, +2 from Bull's Strength, +3 from Inspire Courage, +1 from haste)

Haste Attack (1d20+22)[33]
    Damage (1d8+33)[41]

Attack (1d20+22)[27]
    Damage (1d8+33)[37]

Attack (1d20+17)[19]
    Damage (1d8+33)[39]

Attack (1d20+12)[18]
    Damage (1d8+33)[41]

Status
    HP 129/136, 0 Temp HP
    DR 5/--
    AC 32 (31 base, +1 from haste)
    F/R/W 21/15/17 (15/8/11 base, +3 morale all from Mass Conviction, +3 resistance all from Nightshield, +1 Reflex from Haste)

Current Effects: Haste, Inspire Courage +3, Bull's Strength, Nightshield, Mass Conviction (100 minutes)

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nan

Nan shudders as the black ray strikes her, and a hand rises briefly to her eyes, as if she is fending off some nightmarish vision. But she lowers her hand to grip her spear again, and roars in defiance.

"There! The real one's over there!"

As if to emphasize her point, Nan steps toward the corner to her left, and stabs again and again at empty air.

Show
    Free action to enter rage. Spellweaver makes a will save DC (1d20+25)[35] or is shaken.
    If she actually strikes the spellweaver this round, it makes a DC 21 will save or be shaken/escalating the fear ladder.

I rather suspect that the spellweaver is completely fear-immune, but it's worth a shot.

5' step toward the Spellweaver. If this doesn't bring her within melee range, she will instead activate her Greatreach bracers and 5' step as needed to get within melee range.

Full attack:
    Haste attack: (1d20+26)[33] Damage: (1d8+15)[20] bonus if evil outsider (1d6)[1]
    Whirling Frenzy attack: (1d20+24)[37] Damage: (1d8+15)[22] bonus if evil outsider (1d6)[2]
    1st Iterative: (1d20+24)[26] Damage: (1d8+15)[22] bonus if evil outsider (1d6)[4]
    2nd Iterative: (1d20+19)[26] Damage: (1d8+15)[20] bonus if evil outsider (1d6)[2]
    3rd Iterative: (1d20+14)[30] Damage: (1d8+15)[19] bonus if evil outsider (1d6)[5]

Okay! Let's get rid of some mirror images! No power attack yet.

Edit: Thanks to Undead Bane Weapon, all attack rolls above are 2 higher if the spellweaver counts as undead. I'll roll bonus damage below.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2014-06-21 at 08:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438

Chimera

As they materialize in the chamber, Pergrim hefts the greatsword, ready to chop at the bizarre, spidery creature — but stops as a bolt of darkness streak from beyond his vision to strike Nan, and the bard turn and face something unseen in the room's corner.

"There! The real one's over there!"

Nan strikes out into seemingly thin air — had this creature addled her somehow? But the attack hadn't come from the obvious location, so perhaps she saw more than he did.

"Where?" he cries. "You're not hitting any …"

And then he hears it, the creak of skin like cracked leather, bones grinding on bones, their cartilage long since rotted … and the faint murmuring of incantations coming from the corner.

"Oh."
    Last edited by infomatic; 2014-06-21 at 12:55 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb inches forward, unleashing his full strength upon the knights. "Your time has come to return to dust" he growls menacingly trying to goad them into another attack. His tiger leaps towards them from behind. Claw, tooth, and, strangely, tentacles flying out to assault the undead knights.

Spoiler
    Show
    So...if there's not enough space for a flying tiger and a flying troll and the dwarf on the bridge to attack, just have Jeb attack
    Also, the wording of silvered claws is that it allows you to treat all your attacks as silver and gives a duration. However, Jeb did cast the tentacles later. I think they still count as silver, but up to you.

Silver magic good aligned
    Claw 1: (1d20+29)[49] for (1d8+19)[20] damage +1 for evil dazing blow DC25 fort vs daze 1 round after hit. DC14 for for (1d6)[3] primary then (2d6)[4] secondary dex damage
    Claw 2: (1d20+29)[39] for (1d8+19)[26] damage +1 for evil dazing blow DC25 fort vs daze 1 round after hit. DC14 for for (1d6)[3] primary then (2d6)[8] secondary dex damage
    Bite: (1d20+27)[47] for (1d6+10)[12] +1 for evil, DC14 for for (1d6)[2] primary then (2d6)[7] secondary dex damage

Tentacle 1: (1d20+29)[41] for (1d8+19)[20] damage +1 for evil. DC14 for for (1d6)[6] primary then (2d6)[5] secondary dex damage
    Tentacle 2: (1d20+29)[30] for (1d8+19)[24] damage +1 for evil. DC14 for for (1d6)[4] primary then (2d6)[6] secondary dex damage

Tiger:
    Silver aligned

Bite: (1d20+20)[34] for (2d6+15)[22]
    Claw 1: (1d20+18)[22] for (1d6+7)[8]
    Claw 2: (1d20+18)[25] for (1d6+7)[8]
    Tentacle 1: (1d20+18)[23] for (1d8+15)[21]
    Tentacle 2: (1d20+18)[28] for (1d8+15)[17]

...if the tiger cannot 5 foot adjust and FA, just 1 bite and two tentacle attacks from him!

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler: Nan Addendum
    Show

Haste attack bonus damage if undead: (2d6)[6]
    Whirling Frenzy bonus: (2d6)[10]
    1st iterative bonus: (2d6)[9]
    2nd iterative bonus: (2d6)[5]
    3rd iterative bonus: (2d6)[3]

Show
    Nan Aelbiorn
    Female CG Human Bb6/ChampGwyn6/Bard12, Level 12, Init +1, HP 124/112, DR 4/-, Speed 40'
    AC 30, Touch 15, Flat-footed 29, Fort +16, Ref +15, Will +15, Base Attack Bonus 12/7/2
    Reach, Gr Fiendslayer Crystal +3 Longspear (Wand Chamber) +21/+16/+11 (1d8+12, x3)
    +1 Mithril Chain Shirt, Animated +1 Heavy Steel Shield (+6 Armor, +3 Shield, +1 Dex, +6 Natural, +3 Deflect, +1 Misc)
    See Invisibility
    Resist Energy (Fire) 10
    Inspire Courage +3
    Haste
    Eagle's Splendour
    Protection from Evil
    Shield of Faith
    Undead Bane Weapon
    Enervation - 1 level lost

21. - Top - End - #441

Chimera

"… you mean HERE!" As he says it, he steps forward, bringing the heavy sword around in a series of wide, swinging arcs, so that its edge nearly scraped the slime-covered walls. He might not be able to see the creature, but perhaps the blade would find its own way.

His first swings seem to scar nothing but air, but just as he thinks he perhaps misheard, he feels the edge bite into something.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Full attacking on square where Spellweaver is. Power Attack at -5. Includes Inspire Courage, Haste, Incarnum Radiance, Favored Enemy

1. (1d20+25)[42] to hit for (2d6+26)[38] and (1d6)[3]acid; concealment % (1-50 is good) (1d100)[59]

2. (1d20+20)[40] to hit for (2d6+26)[37] and (1d6)[5]acid; concealment % (1-50 is good) (1d100)[95]

3. 2. (1d20+15)[28] to hit for (2d6+26)[32] and (1d6)[5]acid; concealment % (1-50 is good) (1d100)[92]

4. (haste) 2. (1d20+25)[42] to hit for (2d6+26)[33] and (1d6)[4]acid; concealment % (1-50 is good) (1d100)[32]

Spoiler: status
    Show

Greater Magic Weapon +2
    Bull's Strength +4str

HP 111/111
    AC 26
    Vs. Ranged: 27
    Vs. Incorp Touch:

Soulmelds

Waist: Vitality Belt (Bound); +11hp/ess, imm to Con dmg/Drain [0E]
    Soul: Incarnate Avatar 4E
    Neck: Planar Ward [0E],

Armor: 0E
    Shield: 3E

Last edited by infomatic; 2014-06-24 at 10:29 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442

Flumph

Amy steps up behind Jeb, careful to keep the hulking creatures between her and the lethal knights. She flicks a hand at the Spellweaver, then chants for a moment in elvish, her hands moving quickly, before gesturing at the three enemies. A sound like a blast on a deep, distant horn echoes around the room at the edge of hearing.

Spoiler
    Show

Move
    Cast Assay Resistance on the Spellweaver (swift action cast)
    Then casting Slow on the enemies, burning 2 points of spin to boost the DC.

I have See Invis running so I can target the Spellweaver (assuming he's within 30' of the knights for the Slow).

Slow spell SR check for the weaver: (1d20+22)[27]
    Slow save is DC22 Will.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Following the group, Alyssa watched as the warriors rushed forward to do battle with the fallen knights. She could see and hear that all was not as expected with the spell weaver, but she was too far to effectively do anything about it just yet. For now, all she could do was support her friends here. After a few moments thought, she whispered her words of power and lashed out at the knight hurt the most by Jeb and the tiger's attacks.

Show
    As you wish ... Casting greater disrupt undead and the most hurt knight.
    Touch Attack - (1d20+11)[28], Damage - (10d8)[31] - No save.
    If attack is successful and kills a knight, then redirect to the second knight (Touch Attack - (1d20+11)[15]) for half damage above.

Show
    HPs: 84/84 (22 temp); AC: 18 (20 vs evil); F +8 / R +13 / W +14 (+2 vs evil)

Active effects
    heart of earth (10 hrs)
    prying eyes (10 hrs)
    Haste (?) +1 att/+1AC/+1 Ref/+30 Move / extra attack

Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

With a Knight of Kyuss engaged in combat with Jeb, Baevard and the Tiger and the other hanging back ready to defend the spell weaving lich overlord of the spire the battle is joined with a vengeance!

Baevard shudders under the blow bit shakes it off, hammer pounding at the creature's shield and armoured body. Only 1 of the blows landing but landing mightily indeed as the ancient creature warded the worst of the blows away. Jeb is savage, even as the dwarven hammer batter's down the creature's shield the troll wreaks havoc with claws and bite upon the undead monstrosity! Bits of armour, bone and flesh being ripped and torn in different directions. even the tiger's teeth tearing into the creature leaving it reeling! before it can do much more however the glowing paragon of the light reaches up and with the briefest of touches causes the beast to explode into a hundred shards of bone and plate... the touch of the holy anathema to the undead's base form. Sparkling motes of light flowing to damage the other knight slightly. Even as the knight is destroyed Amy's magic is rebuffed by the evil natures and strong wills of the spellweaver and remaining knight!

In the main chamber there is a faint pop as Nan and the incarnum coated dwarf appear moving to where Nan points where the Spellweaver lurks, sad that no-one has fallen for his illusion. Sword and spear hack and slash at the invisible blurring and mirrored creature. Pergrim feeling his blade bite bone at least once!

In the rear chamber in the rune enscribed chamber of the great alien mind the Spellweaver leans back, 6 arms flapping and moving before a shimmering rainbow engulfs Nan and Perfgrim in a scintillating prismatic spray. Seconds later an icy globe of explodes in the centre of the room showering both dwarf and valkryie with shards of razor sharp ice, as he does his waves his sceptre that gives the ice even more energy and sharpens the edge to flay flesh

Spoiler: Spellweaver
    Show

He is a Spellweaver lich. Very undead!
    - Std: Prismatic spray (4d8)[8][1][3][8](20) Vs pergrim and (4d8)[2][8][8][3](21) vs nan DC27 resists
    (I've only rolled 4 in case either are 8's)
    Pergrim: 20 fire and 80 elec; ref for half on both
    Nan: 40 acid; ref for half on both

-Swift Energy Sub (Cold) Ice ball hitting the room (10d6)[31]x1.5 from Rod Empower
    Ref DC23 for half

The knight waits patiently in the small corridor... Readying to hack and lash at anything that attacks him!

Spoiler: readied action
    Show

(1d20+28)[34] damage (1d10+15)[25]+(2d6)[7] unholy

Spoiler: HP Tracking
    Show

Knight1 186... (5d20)[13][14][14][14][8](63) to avoid poison (1-3 are fails)
    Knight 2 15
    Spellweaver 22 + Nan
    - attacks 4 Vs 8 images (6d8)[7][1][5][4][8][6](31) (re-roll doubles)
    - Blur (4d100)[78][86][81][66](311) as required 1-20 is miss
    Last edited by DrK; 2014-06-26 at 02:49 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

One down, two to go. The troll charges forward with the tiger at his heels. They had quickly taken down one with the help of their allies, time to take down another. The trollish skin deftly deflects the strike from the undead beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jeb will strike first, followed by the tiger. Charge if I can? If not, full attack and ignore the rakes. If not, use the first attack as a primary attack. Regardless, the tentacles get to attack as a free action in any scenario. (Charge > Full attack > move and primary attack)

Silver magic good aligned
    Claw 1: (1d20+29)[46] for (1d8+19)[26] damage +1 for evil dazing blow DC25 fort vs daze 1 round after hit. DC14 for for (1d6)[2] primary then (2d6)[5] secondary dex damage
    Claw 2: (1d20+29)[34] for (1d8+19)[27] damage +1 for evil dazing blow DC25 fort vs daze 1 round after hit. DC14 for for (1d6)[1] primary then (2d6)[9] secondary dex damage
    Bite: (1d20+27)[42] for (1d6+10)[14] +1 for evil, DC14 for for (1d6)[4] primary then (2d6)[8] secondary dex damage

Tentacle 1: (1d20+29)[46] for (1d8+19)[21] damage +1 for evil. DC14 for for (1d6)[2] primary then (2d6)[7] secondary dex damage
    Tentacle 2: (1d20+29)[30] for (1d8+19)[23] damage +1 for evil. DC14 for for (1d6)[4] primary then (2d6)[11] secondary dex damage

Tiger:
    Silver aligned

Bite: (1d20+20)[35] for (2d6+15)[18]
    Claw 1: (1d20+18)[30] for (1d6+7)[13]
    Claw 2: (1d20+18)[19] for (1d6+7)[10]
    Tentacle 1: (1d20+18)[33] for (1d8+15)[17]
    Tentacle 2: (1d20+18)[32] for (1d8+15)[16]

Rake 1: (1d20+18)[27] for (1d6+7)[11]
    Rake 2: (1d20+18)[21] for (1d6+7)[13]

Buff duration 4/12 (5/12 Evard's Menacing Tentacles)
    Spirit Jaws 3/12

Can the spirit jaws be directed or see the lich? If not, then don't worry about it as they'll continue to attack the illusion, if so then strike at it!

Spirit jaws attack on lich
    (1d20+15)[26] for (2d6)[9] damage miss chance (1d100)[8]

(1d20+10)[12] for (2d6)[11] damage (1d100)[34]

26. - Top - End - #446

Chimera

Pergrim still wasn't completely clear on where his foe was, but he hears the muttered words of power coming from the corner — and the sneering note of triumph in them — and drops to a crouch as a vibrant spread of cracking energy erupts above him.

He wasn't expecting the blast of cold from behind him, however … and is astonished to see, as he turns, that the walls around him are nearly entirely coated with shimmering ice, while he's all but untouched.

"The rewards of clean living," he mutters, thankfully. And then, to the unseen foe before him, adds, "I don't suppose you'd know."

Spoiler: actions
    Show

Listen check (1d20+9)[27] -- just in case it's moved. If it has and he can pinpoint (DC 20), move to follow and just use first attack. If not, full attack

Attack

1. (1d20+25)[44] for (2d6+26)[31] and (1d6)[2] acid damage
    2. (1d20+20)[23] for (2d6+26)[34] and (1d6)[3] acid damage
    3. (1d20+15)[27] for (2d6+26)[35] and (1d6)[3] acid damage
    4. (1d20+25)[31] for (2d6+26)[30] and (1d6)[5] acid damage (haste attack)

Spoiler: status
    Show

Greater Magic Weapon +2
    Bull's Strength +4str

HP 111/111
    AC 26
    Vs. Ranged: 27
    Vs. Incorp Touch:

Soulmelds

Waist: Vitality Belt (Bound); +11hp/ess, imm to Con dmg/Drain [0E]
    Soul: Incarnate Avatar 4E
    Neck: Planar Ward [0E],

Armor: 0E
    Shield: 3E

27. - Top - End - #447

Chimera

Spoiler: pergrim concealment checks
    Show

Forgot these:

1. (1d100)[82], 1-50 is good
    2. (1d100)[80], 1-50 is good
    3. (1d100)[14], 1-50 is good
    4. (1d100)[31], 1-50 is good

"Their master's concealed itself — that one's a phony," he cries, waggling his fist at the illusory Spellweaver. "The real creature is invisible."
    Last edited by infomatic; 2014-06-27 at 09:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

The explosion of ice within the room raised Alyssa's eyebrows. [i]Ah yes ... you are immune to the cold and electricity, you dark, dead monster ... She was pleased they had ended one of the knights quickly, but another remained ... and she needed to help the others with the spell weaver. With a flick of her wrist, she fired off a small orb of flame that glowed white with holy power. Best to end the immediate foe, then deal with the spell weaver afterwards. If only they could find it's phylactery ...

Show
    Alrighty ... if the second knight survives the onslaught, then Alyssa will cast a lesser orb of fire. If it dies, she will cast true seeing and move into the hallway, following her friends. As I read it, the cold ball would only hurt those in the room ... unless it had an increased area of effect for some reason.

If necessary: RTA w/orb - (1d20+11)[30], Damage - (5d8)[28], no save, no resistance, all sacred damage

Show
    HPs: 84/84 (22 temp); AC: 18 (20 vs evil); F +8 / R +13 / W +14 (+2 vs evil)

Active effects
    heart of earth (10 hrs)
    prying eyes (10 hrs)
    Haste (?) +1 att/+1AC/+1 Ref/+30 Move / extra attack

Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #449

Flumph

Noticing Alyssa hitting the remaining Knight, Amy concentrates on the dark energy swirling around the spellweaver, looking for a way to unbind it.

Spoiler
    Show

I don't think I need to move?

Casting Greater Dispel Magic on the Spellweaver. Series of Dispel rolls:
    (1d20+14)[25]
    (1d20+14)[30]
    (1d20+14)[32]
    (1d20+14)[18]
    (1d20+14)[16]
    (1d20+14)[16]
    (1d20+14)[34]
    (1d20+14)[15]
    (1d20+14)[30]
    (1d20+14)[21]

I really hope that's enough...

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nan

A gush of acid coats Nan thoroughly, and then very nearly freezes in place all over her as a wave of cold fills the room. She loses much of the sensation on the outside inch of her body, and she tries not to think too much about what she might look like, if and when they survived this.

"Clean living? Oh! I see. Because she's dead. I see."

Wordplay was clearly not Nan's forte. However, she was reasonably proficient with a much more literal form of cut and thrust, which she demonstrates on the multiple versions of the spell weaver once again.

Show
    So sorry! I thought that I'd posted a next round.

Reflex save vs prismatic spray: (1d20+17)[25] and resistance 5
    Reflex save vs iceball: (1d20+17)[24] and resistance 5

So...None of Nan's last round attacks even made touch AC? Ouch! This could hurt a lot. Then I guess she'll continue to avoid Power Attack for this round, and full attack the Spellweaver again.

Haste attack: (1d20+28)[39] Piercing damage: (1d8+15)[22] Undead bane bonus: (2d6)[6]
    Frenzy attack: (1d20+26)[38] Piercing damage: (1d8+15)[21] Undead bane bonus: (2d6)[6]
    1st Iterative: (1d20+26)[31] Piercing damage: (1d8+15)[21] Undead bane bonus: (2d6)[8]
    2nd Iterative: (1d20+21)[26] Piercing damage: (1d8+15)[16] Undead bane bonus: (2d6)[5]
    3rd Iterative: (1d20+16)[34] Piercing damage: (1d8+15)[17] Undead bane bonus: (2d6)[10]

[Rage: round 3 of 6]

Show
    Nan Aelbiorn
    Female CG Human Bb6/ChampGwyn6/Bard12, Level 12, Init +1, HP 74/112, DR 4/-, Speed 40'
    AC 30, Touch 15, Flat-footed 29, Fort +16, Ref +15, Will +15, Base Attack Bonus 12/7/2
    See Invisibility
    Resist Energy (Fire) 10
    Inspire Courage +3
    Haste
    Eagle's Splendour
    Protection from Evil
    Shield of Faith
    Enervation - 1 level lost

Last edited by Toliudar; 2014-07-04 at 09:28 AM.