New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: DrK's Gestalt Game IC

Alyssa

Pausing for only a moment to ensure the beast was truly dead, Alyssa then clapped her hands in a 'that's that' motion and brushed them off on her robes. Turning to her companions, she began to check wounds. "That certainly wasn't pleasant, but let me have a look at you all ... best we heal those wounds before anything else happens upon us."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Woot!

And now to the healing. Give me totals so I can allocate those spells properly.

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    HPs: 83/89; AC: 22; F +18 / R +21 / W +23
    Turn undead 6/6; Smite spell 2/3

Active effects
    celestial brilliance (120' light, dam vs undead/outsiders; 14 days)
    greater mage armor (+6 armor bonus; 12 hrs)
    heart of earth (+26 hps, +8 vs trip/etc; sacrifice for stoneskin; 12 hrs)
    prying eyes (15 floating spies; 12 hrs)
    mass conviction (+4 morale save bonus; 130 min (Baevard))

Spoiler: Divine Spells (CL 12)
    Show
    0 (6): detect magic, detect magic, light, light, amanuensis, message
    1 (7+1): protection from evil, protection from evil, shield of faith, shield of faith, protection from chaos, lesser vigor, lesser vigor, burning hands
    2 (6+1): resist energy, resist energy, consecrate, lesser restoration, lesser restoration, remove paralysis, detect thoughts
    3 (5+1): dispel magic, dispel magic, remove curse, mass resist energy, wind wall, searing light
    4 (4+1): restoration, spell immunity, death ward, undead weapon bane, holy smite
    5 (4+1): disrupting weapon, flame strike, wall of magma, plane shift, true seeing
    6 (3+1): heal, undeath to death, rejection, bolt of glory

Spoiler: Arcane Spells (CL 12)
    Show
    0 (4+1): caltrops, silent portal, silent portal, prestidigitation, acid splash
    1 (6+1): lesser orb of fire, lesser orb of fire, true casting, true casting, shield, shield, mage armor
    2 (6+1): alter self, scorching ray, scorching ray,[ S]seeking ray[/S], invisibility, levitate, web
    3 (5+1): fireball, phantom steed, fly, greater disrupt undead, greater mage armor, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, orb of fire, heart of earth, summon monster IV
    5 (4+1): prying eyes, firebrand, channeled sound blast, telepathic bond, wall of stone
    6 (3+1): globe of invulnerability, sculpted arc of lightning, disintegrate, acid fog
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Empowered by nature, Jeb pulls back to unleash its force upon the beast, an immense blast comes from behind and finishes the creature. In awe, Jeb turns to Alyssa, "Wow, nice shot. I'm injured but if you keep up the smiting, I may never require healing again..."
    No longer have time to participate in games. I apologize.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Pergrim picks himself off the floor, where he'd been knocked to by the Overgod's blow. "Well done! Now that was a lightshow," he says, and regards the pieces of the fallen opponent. "Do you suppose whoever runs the place will miss it?"

Sheathing his sword, he ventures over the trunks, examining them for any wards or trap. He gives a nod to the tome on the desk. "With any luck — hopefully we didn't use of it already — this stuff should give us an idea of who was behind all this. But we'd best wait to read it 'til we're healed up."

Spoiler: status
    Show

HP = 71/112 + 44 temp HP

Shifting Essentia to goggles/boots

Feet: Impulse Boots (bound) Uncanny Dodge, Evasion [4E]
    Head: Crystal Helm [3E] (bound)
    Waist: Vitality Belt (Bound); +11hp/ess, imm to Con dmg/Drain 4E
    Brow: Truthseeker goggles (+ to search/gather/sense motive) 4E
    Soul: Incarnate Avatar 5E
    Neck: Planar Ward, protection from evil/+ saves vs. extra planar [0e]
    Hands: Mauling Gauntlets

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(1d20+35)[40] search
    (1d20+35)[52] search
    (1d20+35)[38] search
    (1d20+35)[49] search

(1d20+35)[49] search

One for each trunk and 1 for the desk; don't open anything until we've healed in case I miss something.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

Pergrim searches the chests carefully before opening them. The riches literally pouting out of them! Gold, jewels and objects glowing with magical power! A treasure horde to rival a dragons!

The first chest is filled with simple honey leather bags, each one weighing 20lb! And a total of 20 of the bags filled with gold coins from all manner of country from Ahlissa to Blackmoor.
    Spoiler: Chest 1
    Show

20 bags each with 1000gp

The second chest is heavily padded, the 10 bags smaller but more valuable. One filled with thick platinum coins, the others filled with gems sparkling and glittering in the magical light.
    Spoiler: Chest 2
    Show

1 bag with 1000pp
    9 bags of gems each worth ~2000gp

The third chest is clearly an alchemical supply of some sort. Each one with a neatly written label upon them.
    Spoiler: Chest 3
    Show

10 potions cure moderate
    10 elixirs of truth
    10 potions non detection
    10 potions undetectable alignment

The 4th chest is the most impressive with a selection of magical trinkets and powerful artifacts!
    Spoiler: 4th Chest
    Show

Ring of evasion
    Wand Haste (Cl 8 19/50) Lightning Bolt (CL8 23/50)
    Belt dwarvenkind
    Rod of Withering
    Cloak of arachnidia
    Runestaff of Evocation

The book is clearly valuable. Thick metal covers and heavy pages but all blank and untouched. Not even an aura of magic around it...
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #695
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Baervard

"And that's how ye deal with foul abominations!" Baervard says and slams his warhammer against the ground in celebration. "Well done, lass." Baervard winces from the exertion and slowly works the pain out of his joints, popping his dislocated shoulder back into place. "Give me a minute, I'll be allright." The haggard dwarf says and soon after he's caught his breath.

"What's behind this curtain...gah! More necromancy." He says as he looks at the preserved organs and skulls. "No doubt the mages tome...be wary." When Pergrim opens the chests he nods at the sacks of gold but grimaces at the sight of the belt. "Stealing from our people...do their depths of evil know no bounds?"

Spoiler
    Show
    After his Combat Focus ends Baervard will be at 142/172. He'll use one charge from his Lesser Vigor wand to bring him to 153/172.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

6. - Top - End - #696

Chimera

Pergrim crouches by the chests and frowns at Baevard's words. "That's an odd thing to find, and I'm a bit worried about it," he says. "Why keep that here?"

He waves his hand at the rest of the chests before pointing at the alchemy supplies. "I'll bet somebody's going to be right sorry about losing these. Like as not they're masquerading as the good folk of town — whatever that means in this city — and that won't be so easy now."

"Only one problem that I can see," he continues, and points upward. "The lady upstairs. When whoever runs this place comes back, they're going to be plenty angry with somebody; think they'll take it out on her?"
    Last edited by infomatic; 2015-02-08 at 10:38 AM.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb hadn't thought of that. He shuddered at the thought, "I hope not--she seems quite oblivious to the entire matter, so I doubt she would be taken out as if she were supposed to be guarding. The same way a man might kick his dog on the way home from work is possible, but if that's the case, if not her, it'll be someone else. These chests hold no interest for me, I hope there's something that will help you all."

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

With the battle done, Alyssa turned to the others, reaching to provide healing to her friends. After providing her curative magiks, she turned to peruse the tomb, unwilling to touch it at first, but opening it gingerly with her rod ... but only if she determined it was not dangerous to the touch.

At the comments from the others, she sighed at the situation. "I think we can assume our time here will be limited, and the clock is ticking. As soon as either the Prince or Lashona return, they will know someone has been here. Additionally, I am uncertain we will be able to sell these items in the city without attracting unwanted attention."

Show
    Burn wind wall to case cure serious wounds on Jeb CSW - (3d8+12)[22]. Burn rejection to cast mass cure moderate wounds on everyone cmw - (2d8+12)[20]

And some knowledge checks for the mystic tomb ...
    Lore - (1d20+20)[24]
    KS Arcana - (1d20+20)[34]
    KS Religion - (1d20+20)[32]
    KS History - (1d20+20)[23]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+22)[35]

Show

Active effects

Show
    1 (7+1): protection from evil, protection from evil, shield of faith, shield of faith, protection from chaos, lesser vigor, lesser vigor, burning hands
    2 (6+1): resist energy, resist energy, consecrate, lesser restoration, lesser restoration, remove paralysis, detect thoughts
    3 (5+1): dispel magic, dispel magic, remove curse, mass resist energy, wind wall, searing light
    4 (4+1): restoration, spell immunity, death ward, undead weapon bane, holy smite
    5 (4+1): disrupting weapon, flame strike, wall of magma, plane shift, true seeing

Show
    1 (6+1): lesser orb of fire, lesser orb of fire, true casting, true casting, shield, shield, mage armor
    2 (6+1): alter self, scorching ray, scorching ray,[ S]seeking ray[/S], invisibility, levitate, web
    3 (5+1): fireball, phantom steed, fly, greater disrupt undead, greater mage armor, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, orb of fire, heart of earth, summon monster IV
    5 (4+1): prying eyes, firebrand, channeled sound blast, telepathic bond, wall of stone
    6 (3+1): globe of invulnerability, sculpted arc of lightning, disintegrate, acid fog

9. - Top - End - #699

Flumph

Amy stands quietly for a while, watching the others celebrate and holding her side where she was a little slow dodging the flail. She gasps slightly as Alyssa's healing wave passes over her, mending most of her cuts and bruises then she closes her eyes and focuses internally, briefly growing hot to the touch as the infernal power bound to her is directed at the remaining damage.

Finally she walks over to the chests and has a look inside.

These potions are interesting. Far too many to be just a personal collection. They contain power to conceal one's movements and motives - someone is planning, or undertaking, a prolonged infiltration. I suspect removing these will hurt our enemy's plans more than claiming their funds or artefacts.

She hands them out, keeping a set in reserve for Jeb.

And we can use them. As much as evil forces must hide to avoid being extinguished, sometimes those who oppose them need to be concealed in order to strike more effectively.

I'm not sure what we can do about the lady upstairs. She will forever be in danger while she's in this city - as soon as someone powerful wants this location, or she stumbles upon something she shouldn't she will be discarded. It is possible that by purging this temple we have already removed her sole reason for existence but I don't believe we will be able to convince her to leave of her own free will.

Speaking of this place - why is it here? Do you think there is more to it than store room?

Spoiler
    Show

Brief usage of Fiendish Resilience to top off the remaining damage.

Will post on OOC board about the loot.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

The beast is dead and the treasure of this dark cult is yours but Alyssa ponders things there are some things that do not make sense. The tales of Kyuss and the links to the Age of Worms and the coming apocalypse coupled with the triumvirate of Dark Gods... the Avolakia do not worship the Ebon Triad, their alien minds are too far removed to consider that.

A search reveals there is nothing else in the temple. The Ebon Overgod is colossal and dead now but seems to be the focus of the temple. That and the loot.

Examining the book, the pages still seem blank, the other accouterments of dark magic scattered around the desk equally mundane. With the massive strength of the group's warriors its a simple matter to remove most of the loot, cramming most of it into 2 chests and slowly retreating back to your Inn. The streets too busy with people carrying heavy objects for anyone to take note of or care about the party carrying a couple of chests.

Spoiler: 3 days
    Show

You've got 3 days to kill before Zeech's ball. What would you like to do?

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Once everything had been gathered and placed in haversacks and mystic portals and the like, Alyssa waited until they were alone to continue the discussion.

"I fear this confluence of events. The Ebon Triad and the Age of Worms do not seek the same thing ... Kyuss and the amalgamation are two different beasts that do not seek the same worshippers. What are we dealing with?

Now that we've taken the trove from the temple, I wonder how long it will be before we are found by whatever agents frequent the place. We have made a number of enemies since we have arrived, to include whatever black dragon is both ally to the prince and was sire or mother to the four we slew. We should seek out Balastrade and find if he met with this Lady Lashona ... someone who strikes me as playing some private game that links her with the evil cult.

What say you all?"

Show
    Chatty-chatty ... holla if you need more healing!

Show

Active effects

Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Are we sure they do not wish the same thing? Could they have not joined forces for some sinister plan?" Jeb replies. "Still...a meeting is probably prudent if we can ferret her out. I would like to do something good for the innocents here like the woman just trying to care for the sick, but short of toppling the entire city, I don't see a clear course."

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Alyssa nodded to Jeb. "It is entirely possible that these forces are allying to achieve a singular plan - my point was that I cannot fathom what common goal would tie them together.

I agree we should find more information, whether through Balastrade or Lashona, before we continue. However, I would prefer we not tip our hand just yet. It is possible our actions may go unnoticed before the Prince's party, in which case discretion may play to our advantage. Besides, if the Prince is entwined within this plot, he could order our summary execution upon just his word, placing everyone at this party at risk of the collateral damage that would surely ensue."

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show
    Show

Active effects

Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #704

Flumph

Amy follows behind quietly, listening to Alyssa and Jeb debate. Finally, when safe from prying ears, she speaks up.

An alliance between the Ebon Triad and Kyuss would surely be fragile at best. It's difficult to conquer the world if you are supposed to be helping your allies do that same thing.

I'm worried about Lashona. All the evidence so far suggests she is in league with the enemy and that the enemy has far more reach than previously thought. We only have Manzorian's word that she can be approached, let alone trusted. For that matter I believe we only have Manzorian's word that Balastrade is not also involved which leads me to wonder about the word of the archmage too. I'm certain we are being played here, I'm just not sure by whom.

She shakes her head.

Alyssa is probably right. Our best chance for direct information is to keep our heads down and try to maintain this ruse until the party. We could also try seeking out the church of Kord. There were rumours that a priest is threatening to disrupt the ceremonies - perhaps he would be able to tell us something more?

Regardless of what we do, we should step up security at night. I could conjure a pocket dimension for us to sleep in which will be all but impenetrable to anyone but a highly skilled magister. We could conceal the door in our rooms here at the inn and nobody would be any the wiser. It would be more comfortable too...

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Alyssa frowned slightly at Amy's questioning of the archmage. "While I agree that there is much we do not fully understand, Manzorian has only vouched for Balastrade - not this Lashona. As a matter-of-fact, he admitted freely he knew little of her, even with the divinations he can command ... which speaks volumes. I would guess she has typically acted as an information broker, and perhaps Balastrade thought she knew something of interest. Our recent investigations have already proved some truth in that perception, I think.

Let us stay below the waves and watch our backs. I agree with contacting the Priest of Kord, but we should do that with as much subtlety as possible - his rumored reputation may have earned him additional surveillance.

We must think carefully in how we approach him ... we have many magiks that could help with that regard ... as well as a number of new acquisitions from the temple that could assist us."

Show
    Show

Active effects

Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I haven't slept in years, Jeb replies. I'll keep watch if you watch my back as I prepare spells in the morning. The druid rubs his temples. Plotting was not his forte.

"I do not like being used by potentially evil forces, but we have no reason to doubt the archmage. If it were not for him, the evil temple would still be in operation. He may in fact be being played if we are too...these evil forces must be uprooted regardless. I will help you vanquish them in whatever way you all feel is best, but I am not much for plotting. More for waiting and striking when the time comes."

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

As the party relax in their dimension summoned by Amy they can think on the things that they have learned since arriving in Alhaster. The Lady Lashona in a reclusive mood and not seeing any visitors that forced your hands into going to the ball.

The Ebon Triad rampant around the town kidnapping bodies from the graveyard in the swamp and dealing with the dragons that you have defeated and the secret lair of the Ebon Triad underneath the hospice frequented by both Prince Zeech and Lady Lashona where you discovered a dark and mysterious link between the Ebon Triad and the dreaded Kyuss...

The next day or so involved hunting down the rumours of Balakarde. There are a few crumbs here and there - most remember a mage seeking an audience with the Lady Lashona and asking questions about some Hextorian heretics who were executed shortly before he arrived but then he seems to dissapear. The most reliable rumour, a well bribed gate Captain suggesting that the mage had been muttering about the fissure when he strode the gates and then teleported away.

The priest, Father Rhork is more useful. In the the ruins of the "Blessed Deliverance", the church destroyed on the Orders of Prince Zeech a few years ago you manage to find the mad old priest. Now a crazed hermit living amidst the rubble eating rats and bats and dressed the ragged remains of what may once have been a cleric's vestments. He can remember Balakarde and the Hextorian heretics. Their confessions before they were hung interesting to the party as they claimed to be employed by a mysterious Mother Maggot, a shadowed mistress that none of them ever claimed they saw. They were given the green worms and used them to make savage undead that spread terror in the city and ultimately led to their capture and execution by Prince Zeech and his "blessed angels" (the Erynies Devils that police the city). What Zeech never found and Father Rhork only found out later was about the secret safe house in the south east of the city - the very one that you discovered. Rhrok is very frothcoming The man was insistent on knowing about the Ebon Triad and the worms. he was obsessed. Then he went off to see Lashona. Took him a week of waiting. I remember as he played stones with me most days, then he spoke with her. After than he was determined to leave. Said she had given him a big clue in his quest and he left. Somewhere far to the south I'd wager."

18. - Top - End - #708

Chimera

"That's two people saying Balakarde isn't even in the city any more … he's another step ahead of us, at least," huffs Pergrim. He's bent over the gigantic brace he wears on his arm, oiling the hinges. It doesn't really need the oil, but he finds it easier to think while he's working.

"If there's any good news in that, it's that Lashonna didn't kill him outright, and can certainly point us in his direction, if we can convince her."

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Funny that our test of good news these days is that he didn't get killed outright," Jeb said dourly. "I do feel like there's no harm in requesting the audience before the ball, but either way we're playing the waiting game at this point..."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Alyssa shrugged. "It is a matter of timing, is it not? If we make too much of a fuss trying to get in to see her, we alert a potential foe to our presence and interest ... and it might seem odd that two outsiders in the span of such a short time come urgently seeking questions. However, if we wait too long in the city, we chance our foes discovery of our work, and placing them even further on edge.

I think letting things settle down and establishing a bit of 'normalcy' might help deffuse some of the speculation that could already surround our arrival. With only three days, we can keep a watch on the sanctum and see if there is any report that the cult, whether or not it includes this Lashona, knows of our activities. We may find some of those magical trinkets come in handy at that time."

Alyssa nodded to the potions, smiling wanly.

Show
    Show
    HPs: 89/89; AC: 22; F +18 / R +21 / W +23
    Turn undead 6/6; Smite spell 3/3

Active effects
    celestial brilliance (120' light, dam vs undead/outsiders; 13 days)

Show

Show
    2 (6+1): alter self, scorching ray, scorching ray, seeking ray[ invisibility, levitate, web

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

The next few days pass quietly. The market stall actually a massive success as there are queues of would be adventurers haggling and bidding on the various magical goods found by the party in their quest to break up the nefarious Cult of the Ebon God.

The day of the party you are awoken by a great din outside as peals of trumpets greet the day with a strident fanfare and the false levity and waves of faked excitement spread through the city. All of the bells of all the Temples pealing to announce "the Day of Great Rejoicing". By mid morning the streets are awash with revellers as hundreds of street performers entertain the streets of extol the greatness and divine mercy of Prince Zeech.

During the day you are greeted by a functionary who instructs you to be ready for when the ball begins, a coach will arrive for you at the second bell (~6pm) and that they should dress appropriately.

Spoiler: dress rules
    Show

The basic rules are no weapons and no armour. Clothing should be relatively expensive to function without incurring a penalty on subsequent interactions rolls

As the evening draws near you can hear the clatter of carriage arriving, the vehicle when it arrives is shocking in decadence, a gold plated monstrosity of great size and garishness. A group of four trolls chained to the traces to act as horses completes the ridiculous spectacle as each of the beasts is adorned in ribbons and a costume to resemble a horse-like monster. As you make your way down to the carriage you can see a crowd gathering outside to watch the clearly important people who are about board such a creation. The interior is as sumptious and over the top as the exterior. Leather seats padded with swan down and gold lanterns burning a delicate oil. A tray containing a selection of sweet meats and a crystal decanter of wine greets you.

Spoiler: Party!
    Show

Is the whole party going?
    Are you dressing appropriately.
    And a caveat - this is a massive RP encounter that I'm not sure how well it will translate to a PbP without getting too bogged down.

22. - Top - End - #712

Flumph

However, it seems that the Prince was interested in finding the sanctum and eliminating it as a heresy. We may have done our duty to this great city. Accidentally.

The edge of sarcasm in Amy's voice is fairly clear.

That would mean the cult would be less inclined to confront us openly as the local law would be against them.

She throws a grin at Baervard.

I still think we should just head off to M'theskuss and wait there.

The day of the ball, Amy is quiet. She is clearly uncomfortable dressed in the formal grey finery of an Elven magister and reluctant to leave her sword behind.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Alyssa had spent most of the time leading up to the ball studying what she could with regard to their opposition, and ensuring the group was adequately clothed. She also took the opportunity to purchase a minor item, a belt that would grant her additional protections. However, whenever possible, she avoided the crowds and 'celebrations' that seemed forced and required by law. When the time arrived for them to go, she exited the inn and stared in barely disguised disgust at the flamboyant monstrosity, pulled by horrible creatures. Stiffly, she moved forward to enter the carriage, keeping her eyes narrowly focused forward. Once in, she turned to whichever companions elected to attend. "We should keep on our best behavior, but if we are given reason to react ... demonstrably ... then let us coordinate before we set forth."

Show
    Spend 500gps to ensure the group is properly clothed, 13k on monk's belt.

Show
    HPs: 91/91; AC: 20; F +14 / R +17 / W +19

Active effects
    celestial brilliance (120' light, dam vs undead/outsiders; 10 days - currently masked with my holy symbol)
    perfect summons (only good versions summoned, 40' radius; 12 hrs)

Show
    3 (5+1): dispel magic, dispel magic, remove curse, mass resist energy, tongues, clairaudience/clairvoyance
    4 (4+1): restoration, spell immunity, death ward, undead weapon bane, divination

Show
    1 (6+1): lesser orb of fire, lesser orb of fire, true casting, true casting, chain of eyes, chain of eyes, mage armor
    2 (6+1): alter self, scorching ray, seeking ray, invisibility, invisibility, levitate, web
    3 (5+1): fireball, unluck, fly, greater disrupt undead, greater mage armor, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, perfect summons, heart of earth, summon monster IV
    5 (4+1): prying eyes, firebrand, teleport, telepathic bond, wall of stone
    Last edited by Starbin; 2015-02-25 at 04:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #714

Flumph

Amy stands beside Alyssa and eyes the crowd.

If anything happens I should be able to pull us out. We just need to be together.

She speaks a few words and gently touches the forehead of each of the party.

{{And now you should be able to hear me and each other. You need not fear that anyone in the bond can hear your inner thoughts - you will only send that which you choose to share.}}

The words echo strangely through everyone's minds, sounding like Amy is speaking to them both from a long way off and immediately inside their head.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm assuming we've discussed the Telepathy ahead of time so this isn't a surprise. I'll actually cast it back in the inn so I can use the Rod of Extend, but this makes for a better description. If this kind of magic is banned from the party let me know and I'll strike the last bit. Also, if anyone chooses to stay behind I'll still include them in the spell (assuming they want to be included) so we can talk to them back in the inn.

Although most adventuring kit is back in the extra-dimension mansion, I'm pretty confident I can secret a few spellglyphs about my person. They are the size of a small pebble so will just sit at the bottom of a pocket. Wont be easy to find even if they pat me down - and if they do this we're already in big trouble.
    Last edited by Tombs; 2015-02-25 at 02:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

A rare species of bird from the tropics flew over and perched on Alyssa's shoulder. Completely white with sharp red eyes and needle thin feathers rippling out in all directions. The druid had taken a quite conspicuous form.

{{I don't think I'd be able to bear or disguise myself as a noble, so here I am. Most people will call this bird a "parrot"--be sure to correct them and say it is a rare albino Glasacoo. If there's one thing I can't tolerate, it's a troop of evil-hearted men flaunting their jewels. This had better be worthwhile. Let's stay as little as possible.}}

He preened himself and then glanced around. The bird gave him good sight and hearing, but it would do little to help him where he was heading...

26. - Top - End - #716

Flumph

{{Especially a troop of evil-hearted men flaunting their jewels who know nothing about ornithology.}}

Amy offers the Glasacoo a fragment of bread.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

The carriage races through the city streets at high speed. The massive trolls bellowing and mooing as the whip cracks forcing them to feign being cows. The party can enjoy the splendour of the carriage, even the albino galactoo that is Jeb.

The gates of the palace are massive and ornate and hung with ribbons and and gibbets bearing polished skeletons. Beyond the gates the path rises steeply flanked by polished skeletons hanging from gayly decorated gibbets. As you draw up to the palace the coach rolls around the sides of the black stone building to the vertiginous Terrace, a well kept lawn that overlooks the 200ft sheer drop down the Nyr Dyv sea beneath...

There are many guests milling about already. Dozens of nobility and adventurers of well renowned fame all gathered in small groups sipping drinks served by goitered, twisted and deformed servants - each clearly a deformed cripple in some way. After some 20 minutes the Prince himself appears atop a golden shell held aloft by 4 bronzed and naked dwarves. Standing atop his shell the Prince's fool, a strange and odd looking creature named the "Ominous Fabler" waddles forwards clutching a mummified raven in one hand, the creature blows down the raven's bottom and a deep barking noise emanates from the beak before the fool speaks.

"My Lords, Ladies and other honoured guests Prince Zeech bids you welcome and trust you will enjoy his hospitality of his humble home." The strange man leers at some of the guests waving his mummified raven he nods to the others, "You ma now bring forward your gifts to honour the prince!". Much like everyone else you are taken aback slightly, no-one had mentioned gifts were expected.

A slender beautiful woman approaches the Prince first, delicate white skin and pointed ears suggesting an elven heritage.
    "Greetings your majesty. I Lady Lashona congratulate you on your great rulership. Long may it continue. Here take this token..." And she offers up a small lacquered box. The prince smiles and whispers to Lashona who laughs with a high tinkling laugh and retires.

The next to approach is a strange looking creature, corvered in fur but dressed in finery. The fabler blowing his raven trumpet to annouce "Master Solomon"
    He offers a finely crafted bone pipe which the prince exclaims delightedly over.

The third to approach is a noble looking man dressed in a fie blue suit. Amy and Alyssa recognising him as Lord Malvern Kilraven, a captain of the West Border Watch and a servant to the Redhands for 4 generations of his family...
    The Captain offers Zeech a head of some strange creature, the head coated in a crystal to give a strange glassy finish. The Prince clapping with joy, happy with a strange oddity to add to his collection.

The fabler moves down his list... "The heroes of legend, the renowned chosen of Manzorian the Great's..." At the introduction many eyes turn to face you all, clearly the Prince has done his research on you. And he offers a thin smile and beckons you forward.

Spoiler: Zeech
    Show

Do you have a gift? Or can you fake an item to be one?

Go go diplomacy.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb attempts to continue to act birdlike and looks to and fro as a bird sometimes would do.

{{These are our targets. We have seen their faces, we can pick them off later. I worry what this man knows...}}

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Alyssa rolled her eyes at the last minute request for gifts. She had nothing to offer this man, and wouldn't deign to promise service or servitude on his behalf. However, it might make things more difficult if they did not give anything ... or worse if they gave him something beneath his presumed station. Over the link, she thought to the others, "It seems we have met our first test. What say you, friends? Are there any items we wish to part with? Or shall we use our recent work at the Sinner's Sanctum as services rendered? It may tip our hand a bit, but if our assessments of his position with regard to the Ebon Triad are correct, it may endear us to him."

All the while, she watched the Prince and his entourage to see if anyone detected their mental discussions ...

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Sense Motive - (1d20+22)[36]
    Show
    HPs: 91/91; AC: 20; F +14 / R +17 / W +19

Active effects
    celestial brilliance (120' light, dam vs undead/outsiders; 10 days - currently masked with my holy symbol)
    perfect summons (only good versions summoned, 40' radius; 12 hrs)

Show
    3 (5+1): dispel magic, dispel magic, remove curse, mass resist energy, tongues, clairaudience/clairvoyance
    4 (4+1): restoration, spell immunity, death ward, undead weapon bane, divination

Show
    1 (6+1): lesser orb of fire, lesser orb of fire, true casting, true casting, chain of eyes, chain of eyes, mage armor
    2 (6+1): alter self, scorching ray, seeking ray, invisibility, invisibility, levitate, web
    3 (5+1): fireball, unluck, fly, greater disrupt undead, greater mage armor, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, perfect summons, heart of earth, summon monster IV
    5 (4+1): prying eyes, firebrand, teleport, telepathic bond, wall of stone

30. - Top - End - #720
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Baervard

"Prince Zeech..." Baervard says as he takes a step forward and bows just low enough to be respectful. "I am Baervard, of the Deepaxes. My companions and I have brought you the gift of service. In the Sinner's Sanctum we have seen to the ills and wounds of those who put themselves at your mercy and tended their hurts." He turns his head slightly and stares at Lady Lashona. "We found much sickness to be cleansed in that place, your Grace." He says, then turns back to the Prince.

"We have traveled through the Traitors Graveyard and killed the dragons that were unlawfully stealing the bodies you commanded to be put on display there. In a muddy cave we found an abomination that had taken root among the graves of the dead and slew it." He says and points towards the gifts the others brought. "You call us heroes of legend, and by deeds are we remembered. Thus, deeds are the gift we have to give."

Spoiler
    Show
    Welp. Diplomacy? He's sorta being backhandly insulting. (1d20-2)[3]
    Last edited by Chambers; 2015-03-08 at 10:53 AM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.