New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: UKitP Meetup XV: If you don't come, we might destroy the world. Just saying.

*slinks out of the murky depths of the Lurkdom*

A big thankyou to Dvil and Finn for inviting me along to join in the fun, and to everyone for being good sports! I’m glad that it went well and by the sounds of it, went somewhat more smoothly than some of the past gatherings. I had a great time getting to know folks over the table and banter, especially in more than one wholesome game of Cards Against... Humanity...

*washes soul out with bleach*

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    What's the most emo? The petty troubles of the landed gentry.
    "Oh, woe is me! I only have five country estates! I might have to sell my third town house to afford a ridiculously expensive car! And they'll make me TALK to the PEASANTS!"
    More importantly, will the ducks get their new pond?! WILL THEY?!

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Yo guys, here's the recording of our Once Upon a Time game. Forewarning: I have not given it a listen yet, so I know nothing of its quality.
    Bestest (First Installment?) story of all time. For Excalibem!

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    To anyone wondering, I had a panick attack on Saturday evening... And that makes me realise that for the following meet-ups I need to make a "FinnLassie Throws Herself Into A Pit Of Panic: The Complete Guide For Survival". Because, yeah... it can end up complicated anda trip to the hospital.
    Yeah, sorry about contributing to that. It’s probably best if we go for the smaller dances next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    And on that note, a sincere apology goes out to Uigeadaily, I really apreciated your gift already from the start, and I don't want you to feel bad about accidently making me feel bad for reasons you didn't know anything about.
    Heh, nae bother. Just keep trucking away on your brave adventure and find sleep when/where you can

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    Can you now set your mouse loose about your house?And did you want to give it sone juice?
    Would that be the giant plastic black rat atop the high shelf that watches Finn while she sleeps?
    Last edited by Uigeadaily; 2014-07-07 at 07:21 AM.
    "Do you even know what you're doing?"
    "Why should I let that stop me?"
    - 8bit Theater

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: UKitP Meetup XV: If you don't come, we might destroy the world. Just saying.

Oh, Archie, always so charming.
    Aye.

kinda miffed I won't get chance for some haggis. After I had breakfast and did some shopping I think i'll skip lunch as I'm probably having a largsish evening meal...
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

So... I realised I only ended up taking one picture at the meet up (why did I leave my camera at home?). But the picture is glorious.

Behold, His Royal Beauty, Lady Dvil of Englandshire (not Wales), Fairest Maiden of Them All:
    Spoiler: Dvil
    Show
    Ah, that turned out much better than my blurry attempts to get a similar photo from the other side of the table.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

It was very good to meet up with friends, both old and new (and in Archie's case, really old).
    Enjoyed playing the different games with everyone and I'm looking forward to the next one that I'll be able to attend, hopefully this coming winter meet.

Hitler was killed several times in the Chrononauts games to prevent WWII, but that didn't help me to win, since that sneaky Italian stole my artifact that I needed to win to snatch the win from under my nose. CURSE YOU, STRAWBERRIES! I WILL HAVE MY REWENGE!
    Several resistance missions were foiled to allow the spy factions to win, there was a mega alliance formed in the Nuke Wars game that had to end in at stalemate with three countries still alive after about 2 hours of play (or was it longer than that?). For once, I didn't get nuked into oblivion at the start of the game, so I (and the sneaky Italian) lasted a while and managed to start war on at least one occasion, even if our nuclear launch was a failure due to budgetary restraints which caused the delivery system to run out of fuel during launch rendering the warhead totally ineffective.

Rebel armies tried to find and rescue princesses in Once Upon A Time, struck alliances with goblins and eventually found out that the princess they were rescuing was the king's sister and rightful heir, but she'd turned into a vampire and burst into flames as she stepped outside the tower where she had been held captive. No one is quite sure how she could be a vampire and not know about it, or if she knew about it, why she didn't know that vmpires burst into flames when they walk into sunshine.

Witches solved problems in and around Lancre Town in the DiscWorld setting, while competing captains of Firefly-class Mid-bulk transport ships tried to joust for victory at another table.

Monsters were assembled from various body parts in It's Alive!, and there was a bit of Magic: the gathering played as well at the end.

All in all, a very good weekend, and now I just have to make sure that Archie gets to the airport tonight. I'm driving him there myself to make sure that he leaves.

Suggestion for an RPG adventure for the next meet: The mystery of the unpaid Sticky Toffee Pudding. Possibly set in a Call of Cthulhu setting. Then again, it would be awesome if it was in an only War och DnD setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

back in London.

need sleep.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Here I am, no longer busy with life, wondering if I'll ever see meet up photos...

I miss you people!

Also, met up with Delusion at Ropecon, and I have to thank her for the company. I was feeling super anxious going to the con all alone, and poof she was there too!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Was nice seeing you too
    Last edited by Delusion; 2014-08-08 at 12:12 PM.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Here I am, no longer busy with life, wondering if I'll ever see meet up photos...
    I didn't really get very many photos, since I was too busy meetuping, but I got a few of the full team at the pre-meetup dinner. I'll post them among other pictures when I stop being busy with life.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Firbolg in the Playground

I've actually had the folder with my photos in it sitting open on my laptop for a few weeks now, I just haven't done anything with them...

Edit: OK, here they are.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Thufir; 2014-08-10 at 10:27 AM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."