New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: "Let's get this straight. YOU'RE the sidekick!" A Mutants & Masterminds Camp. Jou

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Tree King is now a 30ft tall and growing broadcast tower. The more Tree Clones he created, the less he used his own form so basically he's like a bloated ant queen manipulating his drones and more or less giving up on his own mobility in favor of better range.

And they plan on burning whatever it takes to finish him off.
    Hmm, wasn't there a mutant specifically suited to this plan? Who gets bigger when exposed to fire?

You should also be happy to know that McCrow has already got plans for giant mutated sharks with laser-beams on their heads.
    Make him settle for mutated sea bass, sharks are endangered.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: "Let's get this straight. YOU'RE the sidekick!" A Mutants & Masterminds Camp. Jou

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Portent View Post
    Hmm, wasn't there a mutant specifically suited to this plan? Who gets bigger when exposed to fire?
    Yeah, they let a guy loose a session or two back that'd be perfect right here; but haven't bothered trying to track him down. He's on a silent rampage across the city, setting fires and such.

Make him settle for mutated sea bass, sharks are endangered.
    Naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, they let a guy loose a session or two back that'd be perfect right here; but haven't bothered trying to track him down. He's on a silent rampage across the city, setting fires and such.
    Brick is allied with Tree King right? If the fire guy also joins them, then they will basically have a team of naturally elemental evil who all share an existence of being horrid monsters that can no longer be human. It will be great. Except Tree King has a very good reason to snuf out the person most qualified to kill him and that guy in turn probably isn't in a diplomatic mood lately.

Also how much is the pyrotechnic based of demo-man from TF2?
    Last edited by GorinichSerpant; 2015-01-19 at 12:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks for posting this campaign journal KJ. It's exceedingly entertaining.

This also applies to any players who also read this campaign.
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

So stealth pyromaniac?

I have an image in my head of this poor guy who's constantly ablaze trying to do stuff to reassure himself that he's still human, petting dogs, smelling flowers, looking at beautiful sunrises/sunsets, mingling with people and so on. But everything he touches turns to ash, buildings burn and all that lives near him is set aflame as he throws his head back and cries tears of liquid fire at the injustice of losing your humanity for being on the wrong bus at the wrong time.

6. - Top - End - #276

I have an image in my head of this poor guy who's constantly ablaze trying to do stuff to reassure himself that he's still human, petting dogs, smelling flowers, looking at beautiful sunrises/sunsets, mingling with people and so on. But everything he touches turns to ash, buildings burn and all that lives near him is set aflame as he throws his head back and cries tears of liquid fire at the injustice of losing your humanity for being on the wrong bus at the wrong time.
    I'm imagining someone seeing his plight and from a good distance away from him shouting "I feel for you man"

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by GorinichSerpant View Post
    Brick is allied with Tree King right? If the fire guy also joins them, then they will basically have a team of naturally elemental evil who all share an existence of being horrid monsters that can no longer be human. It will be great. Except Tree King has a very good reason to snuf out the person most qualified to kill him and that guy in turn probably isn't in a diplomatic mood lately.
    Yeah, that guy's similar to Michael in that the DHS sort of drove him crazy, he's not in the mood to use his words. Come to think of it, he's got a lot in common with Tree King even beyond the whole 'inhuman monster' thing.

Also how much is the pyrotechnic based of demo-man from TF2?
    Pretty heavily actually. They put me on the spot when they decided to hire a professional to burn down the park and I went with the first thing that popped into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by (Un)Inspired View Post
    Thanks for posting this campaign journal KJ. It's exceedingly entertaining.

This also applies to any players who also read this campaign.
    We're glad to know that so many people enjoy it.

So stealth pyromaniac?
    Heh, basically. Arsons have gone up by about 200% in the last week or so, but unlike most of their villains he doesn't stand around declaring himself 'King of Whatever-Street-Corner-We're-On-Now' so they've been pretty content to leave him to the Fire Department.

You're partially right, though he's probably not going to be all that sympathetic a character. Let's just say that I was inspired by Willy Pete from Empowered.

Also, this is actually a guy from Michael's past; he even predates the bus. He was the one of the test supers that Fanboy watched S.C.A.R. put down. He's like a dehydrated villain, just add fire and voila!

My Campaign Journals

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Well now I feel bad for him. So obviously we're going to have to put him out of his misery. It's the humane thing to do. That or forcibly hurl him into the park.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafu View Post
    Well now I feel bad for him. So obviously we're going to have to put him out of his misery. It's the humane thing to do. That or forcibly hurl him into the park.
    And the award for philanthropist of the year goes to...

10. - Top - End - #280

And the award for philanthropist of the year goes to...
    Hrm...that actually gives me an idea

My Campaign Journals

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Hrm...that actually gives me an idea
    A villain who's super power is philanthropy?

Isn't that Kavos in your other campaign?
    Last edited by (Un)Inspired; 2015-01-22 at 02:11 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Basically.

Spoiler
    Show
    I suddenly think I'm going to work in at least one of them winning a Nobel Peace Prize by the end of the arc/beginning of the next one, so long as their activities don't come to light. Just for the lulz mostly and to set them up as global names.

My Campaign Journals

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Whenever I think of Chavenski I picture Boris the Blade from Snatch.

Maybe cause his other name is Boris the Bullet Dodger?
    Last edited by (Un)Inspired; 2015-01-22 at 01:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284

Speaking of our good Russian Mobster, he's muscles can't support his weight anymore right, and he is a gravity manipulator right? Does that mean that he is going to float around all the time now?

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by (Un)Inspired View Post
    Whenever I think of Chavenski I picture Boris the Blade from Snatch.

Maybe cause his other name is Boris the Bullet Dodger?
    I could definitely see that. At the very least I always pictured him sounding like Boris.

Speaking of our good Russian Mobster, he's muscles can't support his weight anymore right, and he is a gravity manipulator right? Does that mean that he is going to float around all the time now?
    He'll probably build up to that as he gets more comfortable, at the moment I have much blunter use of his new powers in mind.

My Campaign Journals

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

Never a disappointing post KidJake.

17. - Top - End - #287

Glad you enjoy it.

My Campaign Journals

18. - Top - End - #288

Griffon

He'll probably build up to that as he gets more comfortable, at the moment I have much blunter use of his new powers in mind.
    Idea for a Chavenski move:
    Spoiler
    Show

Final Atomic Buster, from Street Fighter's Zangief. Is that blunt enough? ^_^

Great journal as usual Especially loved their "paycheck" from Luvless!
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

19. - Top - End - #289

I could sort of see Chavenski doing that without any powers

Spoiler: Luvless
    Show
    He would have actually given them the AssaultBots for free. The whole reason he's hitching his wagon to their star is because they're a walking disaster area and he wants his merchandise VISIBLE so that everyone has to buy from him just to keep up with the carnage. I have no idea if they'll ever realize he's just using them as targets for his real customers or if they'll even care when they find out.

My Campaign Journals

20. - Top - End - #290

Show
    He would have actually given them the AssaultBots for free. The whole reason he's hitching his wagon to their star is because they're a walking disaster area and he wants his merchandise VISIBLE so that everyone has to buy from him just to keep up with the carnage. I have no idea if they'll ever realize he's just using them as targets for his real customers or if they'll even care when they find out.
    knowing fanboys personailty he wouldn't he would just ask for a cut of the profits
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    You know what Luvless needs? A sidekick, one with marketing based superpowers!

Captain Commercial! Mister Mascot! These sidekicks and many more could be yours for a low low price of just £9.99. (Terms and conditions may apply, sidekicks should not be complimented, paid or fed after midnight.)

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by razorfloss View Post
    knowing fanboys personailty he wouldn't he would just ask for a cut of the profits
    I could absolutely imagine that

You know what Luvless needs? A sidekick, one with marketing based superpowers!

Captain Commercial! Mister Mascot! These sidekicks and many more could be yours for a low low price of just £9.99. (Terms and conditions may apply, sidekicks should not be complimented, paid or fed after midnight.)
    Hrm...I'm thinking maybe he should clone Billy Mays?

My Campaign Journals

23. - Top - End - #293

Spoiler: Spooky whispers
    Show
    Clone Billy Mays, Mr. Luvless Clone Billy Maysssss.... you know you want to....

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Hrm...I'm thinking maybe he should clone Billy Mays?
    Why stop there? Why not create a being perfectly designed to sell stuff in style?

Splice Billy Mays' DNA with the Go Compare Man's.

25. - Top - End - #295

I actually have a couple of people (sadly neither Fanboy nor McCrow) that should be getting together with me Saturday to play a game set in Ventnor's (possible/probable) future. If they ever go into Luvtech Industry's basement they're going to just find dozens of Billy Mays hybrids. Half Billy Mays, Half Sham Wow Guy; Half Billy Mays, Half Cobra; Etc... Maybe even one poor bastard that's just Half Billy Mays.

My Campaign Journals

26. - Top - End - #296

I actually have a couple of people (sadly neither Fanboy nor McCrow) that should be getting together with me Saturday to play a game set in Ventnor's (possible/probable) future. If they ever go into Luvtech Industry's basement they're going to just find dozens of Billy Mays hybrids. Half Billy Mays, Half Sham Wow Guy; Half Billy Mays, Half Cobra; Etc... Maybe even one poor bastard that's just Half Billy Mays.
    Will you be writing up that session? Do so pretty please with a cherry on top. This sounds hilarious. Also if I were a successful Billy Mays hybrid, I probably wouldn't be loyal to Luvless by default. So he would first have to brainwash me so I forget all those horrible experiments.

27. - Top - End - #297

If everything goes as planned I'll write the session up once we're finished.

I've been wanting to run a Neighborhood Watch campaign ever since McCrow's player started pitching me the World's Worst Superhero (who WILL be making an appearance even without McCrow) so I'm pretty stoked to see how it goes.

My Campaign Journals

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm really enjoying the campaign journal so far. But one of the things that bugs me is McGrow's "Stallone". I was expecting that little droplet to evolve into a human-like creature made entirely out of water (like Hydro for example). That would have so much potential there, as either an ally or a foe to the group.

I just have so many more ideas for this, but I'm not sure how you would feel if I just post it on here where your players can see it.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

29. - Top - End - #299

Feel free to toss ideas into spoiler boxes.

Spoiler: Stallone
    Show
    McCrow actually took the Sidekick feat for Stallone and we were still tossing around ideas when I posted the last journal. When he appears next he's going to be about 4ft tall and heavily modeling himself after Rambo. It's well within all of the droplets abilities to appear however they wish, he's just the first that's been inspired past 'amorphous blob'.

My Campaign Journals

30. - Top - End - #300

Spoiler: Stallone
    Show
    So McCrow decided to show his new creation some movies, and the first thing he showed him was Rambo? Nice, we see that he didn't put much into his parenting skill. Or did Stallone see a bunch of other movies and picked out the appearance of Rambo as his favorite?