New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLVII

Ithuriel settles on a glass of wine resting her head in one hand as she casts her gaze over the various drinks dotted about behind the bar.

One wing flicks slightly at a faint gust of wind and she fidgets in her stool slightly, and generally acts like she totally hasn't heard anything suspicious from Aerith or Noelle.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    Ithuriel settles on a glass of wine resting her head in one hand as she casts her gaze over the various drinks dotted about behind the bar.

One wing flicks slightly at a faint gust of wind and she fidgets in her stool slightly, and generally acts like she totally hasn't heard anything suspicious from Aerith or Noelle.
    Yeah, we should leave.
    Aerith replies.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Yeah, we should leave.
    Aerith replies.
    Noelle shrugs and says, "If you think it's a good idea," as she stands and moves towards the door.

((I swear, Noelle is the worst vampire ever.))

4. - Top - End - #934

Ithuriel's drink arrives and she takes a sip of the wine, raising her eyebrows and nodding approvingly at the drink. Seems it's a good year. She gives her wings a bit of a stretch, but otherwise does nothing. She's not going to cause a scene in Trog's, not without some serious provocation anyway.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    "Er.... yes. Very cool, I certainly love to have... giant metallic wedges protruding from my *retch* arms."
    "See that? No punches and I already have you on the ropes. And I'll have you know I'm tougher than I look, too!" She laughs. "Even with this stuff in my system, I could beat you!" She strikes a pose, and falls onto her rump, spilling the rest of her mug. "Okay, maybe not this stuff, exactly. Man, dwarves know how to *hic* party."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-03-02 at 01:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #936

Ithuriel's drink arrives and she takes a sip of the wine, raising her eyebrows and nodding approvingly at the drink. Seems it's a good year. She gives her wings a bit of a stretch, but otherwise does nothing. She's not going to cause a scene in Trog's, not without some serious provocation anyway.
    ****ing god-slaves can go to the bottom of the abyss for all I care!
    Aerith proclaims, heading to the door.
    Them's fighting words!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

****ing god-slaves can go to the bottom of the abyss for all I care!
    Aerith proclaims, heading to the door.
    Them's fighting words!
    Noelle grins and asks Aerith, "You sure you want to go for this?"

8. - Top - End - #938
    Dwarf in the Playground

Niara is back!

The dimensional traveller is looking fresh after a good night's rest. Her hair is back to its pristine self, not a strand out of place, and she's wearing a rather smart shirt and trousers underneath a grey duster jacket.

For once, her drone is nowhere to be seen. Curious, that.

She's taken a seat in one of the booths, though sits by the edge so she can see out into the rest of the tavern. It looks like she might be waiting for someone.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

9. - Top - End - #939

Ithuriel sighs, downs her drink, and slides it to one side.

"Was that really necessary?" She asks, not turning around. "I don't know what issues you may have with gods or angels but I fail to see how I have done anything to earn your hatred. I cannot help being what I am. I used to have an issue with vampires, you know. The mere sight of a vampire would make me angry, regardless of what they had done. It cost me in the end you know. In my rage I did something incredibly foolish, and paid the price for it. I died."

10. - Top - End - #940

Ithuriel sighs, downs her drink, and slides it to one side.

"Was that really necessary?" She asks, not turning around. "I don't know what issues you may have with gods or angels but I fail to see how I have done anything to earn your hatred. I cannot help being what I am. I used to have an issue with vampires, you know. The mere sight of a vampire would make me angry, regardless of what they had done. It cost me in the end you know. In my rage I did something incredibly foolish, and paid the price for it. I died."
    Well, I died and ended up being hunted down by those who followed the orders of a so called "God of Kindness", I think my anger is fully justified!
    Aerith retorts.
    ((Homebrew god in the works))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #941
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I died and ended up being hunted down by those who followed the orders of a so called "God of Kindness", I think my anger is fully justified!
    Aerith retorts.
    ((Homebrew god in the works))
    Noelle is edging slowly, carefully, and stealthily towards Thalia and Shui in the event "reinforcements" are needed.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

Recently I've began tying to free slaves.

Meanwhile, Captain Aerith enters, possibly accompanied by Noelle (up to the player)!
    "Hm. That suggests to me that you are strong enough already to help others out of the same predicament. Which means you are already strong enough to overcome the frozen ghosts. I am curious though, why haven't you yet? perhaps it just a thing that just needs time. The river will flow past all things frozen, in time if one is patient."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #943
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Simmer down, bloodsucker."
    The barkeep calls out at Aerith.
    "Your suffering wasn't anything to do with this messenger here. Honestly, I expected better from you."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #944

"Do you think me so blind as to assume gods are infallible? That there is no such thing as a bad god?" Ithuriel shakes her head, "Though I serve a god and believe him worth serving, I do not agree with the actions of all gods or their servants."

Not all angels are puppets...

"But...tell me, if you too have died before, what does that make you now?"

15. - Top - End - #945

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Hm. That suggests to me that you are strong enough already to help others out of the same predicament. Which means you are already strong enough to overcome the frozen ghosts. I am curious though, why haven't you yet? perhaps it just a thing that just needs time. The river will flow past all things frozen, in time if one is patient."
    Thalia nods.
    Probably that
    QUIT THE WATER METAPHORS! YOU'RE MAKING ME NEED TO PEE!
    "Do you think me so blind as to assume gods are infallible? That there is no such thing as a bad god?" Ithuriel shakes her head, "Though I serve a god and believe him worth serving, I do not agree with the actions of all gods or their servants."

Not all angels are puppets...

"But...tell me, if you too have died before, what does that make you now?"
    Still dead.
    Aerith replies irritatedly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

Thalia nods.
    Probably that

Still dead.
    Aerith replies irritatedly.
    Noelle has probably made it to directly behind Thalia and is now just...waiting. She's not going to turn the Faunuses if she can avoid it, but if the angel attacks the Aerith, or, worse, vice versa, she doubts the two of them will be able to take it alone. But, until then, she's skippable.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Thalia nods.
    Probably that

"Freeing slaves is a noble cause, I will join, as I suspect you'll need all the help you can get."
    WOULD MOVIE METAPHORS WORK INSTEAD? ALSO IS THIS IC OR OOC? HER ENTIRE PHILOSOPHY IS COMPOSED OF WATER METAPHORS.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #948

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Freeing slaves is a noble cause, I will join, as I suspect you'll need all the help you can get."
    WOULD MOVIE METAPHORS WORK INSTEAD? ALSO IS THIS IC OR OOC? HER ENTIRE PHILOSOPHY IS COMPOSED OF WATER METAPHORS.
    ((Bar Patron complaining))
    Thank you.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #949

"Hmm, bloodsucker. I'm surprised I didn't notice it sooner. I've been there, it is a cruel fate to have forced upon you. You have my sympathy." Ithuriel lets out a deep breath, trying to stay calm.

Old habits die hard, and when a vampire insults her, it's hard not to let past grudges rise to the surface again.

That's not who she is any more, she just has to keep telling herself that, and hope this vampire isn't so foolish as to really try and pick a fight with her.

20. - Top - End - #950

"Hmm, bloodsucker. I'm surprised I didn't notice it sooner. I've been there, it is a cruel fate to have forced upon you. You have my sympathy." Ithuriel lets out a deep breath, trying to stay calm.

Old habits die hard, and when a vampire insults her, it's hard not to let past grudges rise to the surface again.

That's not who she is any more, she just has to keep telling herself that, and hope this vampire isn't so foolish as to really try and pick a fight with her.
    I don't need your sympathy. My fate has turned out alright in the end, last I checked.
    Aerith replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #951

"Alright, alright." Ithuriel lets out an exasperated sigh. "You hate angels. I get it. And you're just going to twist round anything I say so that you can take another stab at me. Fine. Good for you. I've tried being nice. I'm done talking now. Please leave me be, I refuse to cause a scene in the middle of Trog's. Goodness knows there's enough people who want to start trouble in here without me adding to it."

22. - Top - End - #952

"Alright, alright." Ithuriel lets out an exasperated sigh. "You hate angels. I get it. And you're just going to twist round anything I say so that you can take another stab at me. Fine. Good for you. I've tried being nice. I'm done talking now. Please leave me be, I refuse to cause a scene in the middle of Trog's. Goodness knows there's enough people who want to start trouble in here without me adding to it."
    Aerith glares at ithuriel
    I'm not leaving.
    She replies, before sitting down at a nearby table.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #953

"I'm not asking you to leave, damn it!" Ithuriel shouts angrily, "Just to leave me be!"

24. - Top - End - #954

"I'm not asking you to leave, damn it!" Ithuriel shouts angrily, "Just to leave me be!"
    I am now, aren't I?
    Aerith points out.
    ...Technically no, Aerith.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #955

"I- oh never mind." Ithuriel grumbles quietly and falls silent.

26. - Top - End - #956

"I- oh never mind." Ithuriel grumbles quietly and falls silent.
    Aerith grins, and orders a bottle of wine.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

Crisis averted, Noelle strolls away from the Faunuses and over to Misaki. She asks, "Hey. I've got an offer for you, but I'd rather not say it out loud with an angel right here."

28. - Top - End - #958

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Crisis averted, Noelle strolls away from the Faunuses and over to Misaki. She asks, "Hey. I've got an offer for you, but I'd rather not say it out loud with an angel right here."
    Misaka raises an eyebrow.
    Really? Talk outside then?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #959
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Misaka takes the flyer, nodding.
    Heck yeah!.
    "Whoa! Alright! Someone's interested! Uhm..." He looks like he's at a loss. "Oh. What do I do now, I've never had anyone interested before."

He quickly puts everything on the empty table and grabs a flier and a pen. He starts to scribble on the back of the flier. "The official list of members of CLOUD. There we go. Now, there's me, Noxfire, the supreme leader, and... uhm... what's your name again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "See that? No punches and I already have you on the ropes. And I'll have you know I'm tougher than I look, too!" She laughs. "Even with this stuff in my system, I could beat you!" She strikes a pose, and falls onto her rump, spilling the rest of her mug. "Okay, maybe not this stuff, exactly. Man, dwarves know how to *hic* party."
    "Tougher than someone with jagged bits of metal coming out of their skin? What, do you also eat nails for breakfast with no milk? Is that why they're embedded in your skin?" He might be serious.

30. - Top - End - #960

Name's Misaka.
    The 15 year old replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show