New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLVII

"What, is that a thing? I've never actually had anyone put sweetrolls as part of the main course. Of course, I usually just don't get sweetrolls. Is it a common practice? "
    Spako asks. Odd how That crow, as rude as it is, hasn't even tried to leave Garrett's shoulder. He's not sure how far it can go, but he's fairly sure the bird can move its legs and wings of its own free will. Maybe it's just scared. Heh. That'll make it mad if he asks.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sure, just stand still.
    Caelynn will get up and put a hand on her chest (not that way!), and starts to glow. Niara will glow as well, and her aura is unlocked!
    Honestly, Niara was expecting something a bit more... theatrical, and so is somewhat surprised when she begins glowing. The drone is watching the ceremony with close scrutiny.

Once the unlocking is complete, Niara stand there for a good few moments. 'I don't feel any... do I feel any different?' she asks herself, pausing to figure out if and how she feels changed.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    Honestly, Niara was expecting something a bit more... theatrical, and so is somewhat surprised when she begins glowing. The drone is watching the ceremony with close scrutiny.

Once the unlocking is complete, Niara stand there for a good few moments. 'I don't feel any... do I feel any different?' she asks herself, pausing to figure out if and how she feels changed.
    Let me see something.
    Caelynn punches Niara in the face!
    If she has an Aura now, her blow will be deflected away.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Hey!'

Niara was not expecting that. She puts an arm up to block, still clutching her wine glass in her hand. Fortunately it's empty.

Niara's drone takes the punch as an act of aggression! The metal petals fold inwards and the red sensor glows, illuminating a small spot on Caelynn's forehead. One would suspect it's about to do something painful to her...

...but it sees Caelynn's punch glance off! Niara was also not expecting that. 'How... does that even work?' She lowers her arm and breathes out heavily. 'Ugh, I really don't understand magic.'

5. - Top - End - #215

'Hey!'

Niara was not expecting that. She puts an arm up to block, still clutching her wine glass in her hand. Fortunately it's empty.

Niara's drone takes the punch as an act of aggression! The metal petals fold inwards and the red sensor glows, illuminating a small spot on Caelynn's forehead. One would suspect it's about to do something painful to her...

...but it sees Caelynn's punch glance off! Niara was also not expecting that. 'How... does that even work?' She lowers her arm and breathes out heavily. 'Ugh, I really don't understand magic.'
    Aura deflects physical blows.
    Caelynn replies.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

'And quite effectively, at that.' Niara tries to imagine the sort of force that would be required to break through her aura, and concludes that it is a reasonable amount. 'And what about my semblance? Is there a particular way I have to concentrate to use it, or...'

The drone has returned to it's observing state, now fixated quite intently on Caelynn.

7. - Top - End - #217

'And quite effectively, at that.' Niara tries to imagine the sort of force that would be required to break through her aura, and concludes that it is a reasonable amount. 'And what about my semblance? Is there a particular way I have to concentrate to use it, or...'

The drone has returned to it's observing state, now fixated quite intently on Caelynn.
    You just have to will it to happen.
    Caelynn replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "What, is that a thing? I've never actually had anyone put sweetrolls as part of the main course. Of course, I usually just don't get sweetrolls. Is it a common practice? "
    Spako asks. Odd how That crow, as rude as it is, hasn't even tried to leave Garrett's shoulder. He's not sure how far it can go, but he's fairly sure the bird can move its legs and wings of its own free will. Maybe it's just scared. Heh. That'll make it mad if he asks.
    "Yeah, you're s'posed to mix and match complementing tastes," Garrett says, watching Caelynn and Niara through the corner of his eyes.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, well, sure, go ahead and order some. I'll give it a try. I miss Uma's baking." he says. Having five trained chefs on his ship had been rather nice.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Niara looks up at Caelynn and raises her hand, pointing at her. 'Wait, no, that would be foolish of me,' She says, quickly looking around for a suitable test subject. Wouldn't want to do something untoward to her new friend, now would she?

The wine glass in her hand looks to be a viable candidate. She places it on the bar, hops off her seat, and takes a couple of steps back.

'I'm not sure what I'm hoping for, but let's see now.' Her brow furrows again as a look of concentration spreads over her face. And then, after a few seconds...

...nothing happens!

A little disappointing. 'Perhaps my power is something a bit more passive,' she concludes, still glaring at the wine glass intently.
    Last edited by Baeleck; 2014-01-18 at 09:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks again, Spako," Garrett makes an order and continues watching the ladies with moderate interest.

"Funny, I'd have thought you swing for the other team."

"Would it matter?"

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

12. - Top - End - #222

Niara looks up at Caelynn and raises her hand, pointing at her. 'Wait, no, that would be foolish of me,' She says, quickly looking around for a suitable test subject. Wouldn't want to do something untoward to her new friend, now would she?

The wine glass in her hand looks to be a viable candidate. She places it on the bar, hops off her seat, and takes a couple of steps back.

'I'm not sure what I'm hoping for, but let's see now.' Her brow furrows again as a look of concentration spreads over her face. And then, after a few seconds...

...nothing happens!

A little disappointing. 'Perhaps my power is something a bit more passive,' she concludes, still glaring at the wine glass intently.
    Probably. I knew a guy whose semblance was increased shielding that could actually damage the attacker when they hit.
    Caelynn replies.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-01-18 at 09:55 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey, I wasn't going to make that joke.
    But he's got a point, you know. Doesn't really matter for a number of reasons. 'Course, it's all the same to me. Not into mammals."

he says, leaning back and leaving the last of his food for the order to arrive.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

"I...uh, I don't really do sex," Garrett admits sheepishly, "Besides, I have...er, had someone."

(Recaiden) He lives!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Niara nods. 'That must be it. I suppose it'll be a surprise for when I most need it.'

The wine glass gets to live another day. Hoorah! Said wine glass is presented to the barkeeper to be refilled. 'Another, please,' she says.

Garrett's interest has not gone unnoticed, as he soon finds the drone inspecting him from a distance, much in the same way as it inspected Caelynn earlier.

16. - Top - End - #226

Niara nods. 'That must be it. I suppose it'll be a surprise for when I most need it.'

The wine glass gets to live another day. Hoorah! Said wine glass is presented to the barkeeper to be refilled. 'Another, please,' she says.

Garrett's interest has not gone unnoticed, as he soon finds the drone inspecting him from a distance, much in the same way as it inspected Caelynn earlier.
    Let's hope it's a pleasant one.
    Caelynn replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

"What? I was agreeing with you. Oh, I'm sorry. Got separated? Wouldn't really know, aren't many lady kobolds around. Except the one that was a succubus and the third cook on the ship, but that never really went anywhere. I was never sure why she didn't just change into something with more broad appeal. Never actually made a move on me even though she had that shape. But I'm rambling and the rolls are here. So uh, yeah."
    Spako quickly scarfs down some food to shut himself up.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

"I...I'm not comfortable talking 'bout it, sorry," Garrett rubs the vicious scars on his neck without noticing or meaning to and his eyes get a little wet.

He reaches for a honey roll, is about to take a bite, and then sees the drone and waves.

"Oh, hoi."

(Recaiden) He lives!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Spako just nods. Garrett can probably tell that he feels terrible about stepping on another of Garrett's landmines. He doesn't want to say any more right now, and is content to just gorge himself on his half of the rolls and the last of his bamhacon.

Oh, and the cards in Garrett's pocket (assuming he hasn't hidden their presence) likely only come up as subtly magic, and not the bright, powerful magic aura of the full Deck.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Indeed, let's hope so.' Niara tips back her glass and takes a good gulp of wine. The end of her nose is beginning to get a little pink already. 'I suppose I should thank you for this gift so... uh, yes, thank you Caelynn.' She beams.

The drone responds with some generic buzzing noise. Or maybe it's just buzzing anyway. Who knows. Whatever the case, Niara takes a brief glance over her shoulder and waves back.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Garrett puts the roll down and shrinks in his seat. He was bad with girls even before he left society for a long while. That, and he feels bad about making Spako feel bad.

The crow pecks at Garrett's ear and taunts him about his awkwardness in hoarse whispers.

(Recaiden) He lives!

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Spako's wings twitch in irritation. Like hell he's going to get beaten out in motivation by some jack*** corvid.

"C'mon Garrett. You can eat your meal (and you should, you were right that was great), you can talk to girls, and you just might be able to do both, but you definitely can't do neither."

23. - Top - End - #233

'Indeed, let's hope so.' Niara tips back her glass and takes a good gulp of wine. The end of her nose is beginning to get a little pink already. 'I suppose I should thank you for this gift so... uh, yes, thank you Caelynn.' She beams.

The drone responds with some generic buzzing noise. Or maybe it's just buzzing anyway. Who knows. Whatever the case, Niara takes a brief glance over her shoulder and waves back.
    Any time.
    Caelynn remarks, smiling.
    It is my job to help people, after all.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

'I'm sure my aura will prove very useful in my line of work,' she declares, still grinning.

Upon seeing Garrett's reaction, Niara giggles. Which, whilst being exceptionally out of character for someone just old enough to be Garrett's mother, probably isn't very helpful in inspiring confidence in the boy. It must be the wine taking it's toll, she supposes, as she takes yet another gulp. Her constitution was never her strong point.

25. - Top - End - #235

'I'm sure my aura will prove very useful in my line of work,' she declares, still grinning.

Upon seeing Garrett's reaction, Niara giggles. Which, whilst being exceptionally out of character for someone just old enough to be Garrett's mother, probably isn't very helpful in inspiring confidence in the boy. It must be the wine taking it's toll, she supposes, as she takes yet another gulp. Her constitution was never her strong point.
    Caelynn orders a coffee martini after finishing her feline fancy, smiling at Garret.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

"I-i-I'm uh...not...I'm good, I just, uh," Garrett shrinks even more as Niara giggles. By The Lantern, he's pathetic!

(Recaiden) He lives!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Spako stands up in his chair, and says forcefully (but not very loudly).
    "Garrett, I am a two and a half foot tall winged lizard-man, and you're a human at least twice that size and way more power. Now, show a little of that focus and discipline you've talked about and stop getting tongue-tied by the first female to blink at your direction. "

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

"I was jest interested in the magick, I didn't mean t'...uh...do...whatever..." Garrett tries to defend himself with his weak verbal skills.

(Recaiden) He lives!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Spako face(snout?)-palms.
    "If that's true, it still doesn't excuse you for being this easily cowed! C'mon Garrett! You can't let something this dumb do you in!"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Niara stifles her amusement for the time being, instead relaxing in her seat and taking long sips from her glass. The boy reminded her of her brother at that age.

The drone retreats back to Niara's side, now done with its observations.