New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

What's success without the risk of failure?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Orc in the Playground

Katsuo will attack and stand in the way of his friends, but he won't chase if she runs. It's just right now, she's a bitch that attacked his friends, and he has somewhat of a low tolerance for that.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

Alice will probably be pretty persistent in pursuing, having both an interest in protecting Naito and a curiosity about the nature of the whole situation (two souls inhabiting the same body is not exactly common, even for the SSI). Same with Hearts, being the one Alice signalled to only use tranquilliser darts earlier. Neither are at all impossible to escape, though, so I'm open to any outcome.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Kuroi, I noticed that you haven't addressed our scene at all in our last few posts. It's understandable in this case, since I didn't really engage anyone in your control with my most recent post, but do you want me to maneuver Satoshi back to home or something, or would you like some more time to figure something out yourself? In the case of the former, would it be OK if we played the Song of Double Time skip ahead a bit time-wise?

5. - Top - End - #335
    Orc in the Playground

I haven't actually considered which would be best, to be honest.

There's an event I'm planning for the third day. But I don't really have any characters I can use in Satoshi's current position.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I haven't actually considered which would be best, to be honest.

There's an event I'm planning for the third day. But I don't really have any characters I can use in Satoshi's current position.
    Alright, then I'll try to get something posted that will bring him back into reach. Do you mind if I advance time a bit for that purpose? He'll still want to take a while to himself to process all this clashing information and all.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Orc in the Playground

Be my guest. It's YOUR character development, I'm just puppeteering NPCs here.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kuroi, I'm not sure if Masaru's going to be allowed on the mission. That's ultimately up to Frozen, but the impression I get is that he's under what amounts to House Arrest until he gets sent down to Hell his new training location.

Also:
    Dorizzit, Frozen, I've been pondering what to do for Chuck after he goes back to Australia for a bit, and I had a couple ideas. But before I start to write them down, can you tell me if there are going to be a few of those "Quincy Purification" prototypes available by...uh, I don't know our in-game timescale at this point, but let's say it's about 4 days before the Anderson team arrives in town. Would there be at least, say, 4-6 prototypes available then (which could be evenly split between the Akiyama and the Andersons)>

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

Dorizzit: Are they regular daggers, or something closer to seele schneider?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kuroi, I'm not sure if Masaru's going to be allowed on the mission. That's ultimately up to Frozen, but the impression I get is that he's under what amounts to House Arrest until he gets sent down to Hell his new training location.

Also:
    Dorizzit, Frozen, I've been pondering what to do for Chuck after he goes back to Australia for a bit, and I had a couple ideas. But before I start to write them down, can you tell me if there are going to be a few of those "Quincy Purification" prototypes available by...uh, I don't know our in-game timescale at this point, but let's say it's about 4 days before the Anderson team arrives in town. Would there be at least, say, 4-6 prototypes available then (which could be evenly split between the Akiyama and the Andersons)>
    Hey, it's not like Koutarou is fully aware of Masaru's training regimen yet. He's been out of the loop for a while, remember?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Also:
    Tsubame can have prototypes available by then, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Dorizzit: Are they regular daggers, or something closer to seele schneider?
    They are mundane, but extremely well made.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right then, this has been knocking around in my head for a bit, and I wanted to get it knocked out while I could.

The Differences Between Living Arrancar and Traditional Arrancar
    (This is obviously up for discussion, but it's what I've come up with as a reason to prefer one idea to the other, and an effort to provide a sort of "balancing act" that allows each to be unique without making one choice better than the other.)

Traditional Arrancar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pros:
    +Typically start out fairly powerful, as they are often made from Menos-class Hollows, which are themselves powerful.
    +Full instinctive control over base abilities (Cero, Bala, etc), and a strong instinctive grasp of the basics of their Resurreccion abilities.
    +Easily able to increase strength by consumption of lesser beings, especially lesser Hollows.
    +A Gigai being destroyed around them has no effect on them.
    Cons:
    -Powerful Arrancar with more esoteric natures to their energy in even their sealed form will have to concentrate to disguise such manifestations even in a Gigai. (Some might consider this a Pro/+.)
    -A sensitive enough Shinigami, Mortal, etc would likely be able to tell a Gigai-bound Arrancar is not human. This also depends on the strength of the Arrancar and the quality of their Gigai.
    -Capability to grow baseline power through training is not great. It's possible, but training takes longer periods of time to increase raw power. For Traditional Arrancar, training is most useful for the purpose of refining existing abilities.
    -Might not know the full measure and nature of their Resurreccion right from the start, and do not having a guiding spirit inside to aid them.

Living Arrancar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pros:
    +Able to rapidly increase base power by way of training. Basically, they have a much more "flexible" nature with greater growth potential.
    +When inside their still-living body, they read as a normal human, with no "power leakage".
    +If heavily injured, they heal notably quicker inside their living body. Some may even have a natural mechanism for being drawn back to their body if heavily injured.
    +Consuming human sustenance actually imbues at leas some energy into their spiritual form, beyond what they may naturally take in.
    Cons:
    -They get less benefit from consuming souls, and depending on what they consume there might be a risk of partial rejection of their food (somewhat like food poisoning).
    -Their body's lifetime is lessened, meaning there's a hard limit on how long they can enjoy the benefits of being a Living Arrancar. As well, this places a lower limit on a good time to convert a willing subject; too young, and they might not get the most benefit out of their nature before becoming a Traditional Arrancar.
    -While killing the living body does not kill the Living Arrancar (instead making them a Traditional Arrancar), it will notably weaken them for a time. Depending how the body is killed, this could prove a devastating blow in the middle of a fight.
    -While the living body is able to sustain itself in a sort of demi-coma while the Living Arrancar's spirit is wandering about, the body still requires nutrient and fluid intake over a longer period of time. As well, the mortal body of a Living Arrancar cannot take on Artificial Souls or similar methods of animating a body.

Sora probably "breaks some rules", but honestly he seems to be a Special Snowflake anyways, so.

13. - Top - End - #343

My only problem with this is that it kind of flies in the face of the Arrancarification writeup I did a while back. I don't object to most of it, but stating that training is impractical or difficult directly contradicts the primary purpose of Arrancarification.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    My only problem with this is that it kind of flies in the face of the Arrancarification writeup I did a while back. I don't object to most of it, but stating that training is impractical or difficult directly contradicts the primary purpose of Arrancarification.
    That is definitely a fair point. I can tweak this later.

I think what I was trying to get across is mostly that Living Arrancar are more of a blank slate and thus have more room for rapid growth (which alludes to how Ichigo got so good so quickly, it's because he's still partially a living human being).

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

There isn't a real reason to 'balance' things with pros and cons. Most of the visual differences should more than suffice.

I mean, really. This is freeform. Slapping such "leveling" mechanics is pointless.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #346

That's fine, then.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    There isn't a real reason to 'balance' things with pros and cons. Most of the visual differences should more than suffice.

I mean, really. This is freeform. Slapping such "leveling" mechanics is pointless.
    I'm OCD about categorization. But, you do have a fair point.

I think the biggest difference is that Living Arrancar would vary more widely in power, and their body serves as a sort of combo "phylactery" (but only to a point) and "bacta tank".

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tsubame can have prototypes available by then, yes.
    Okay, excellent.

So connecting to that, here's a rough timeline of stuff I either know is going on, know will go on, or (putting at least rough drafts out here because there's a lot of people involved and PMing everyone is troublesome) that I'm hoping/planning to have happen.

Roughly speaking I'm proposing a time-skip of, first, about 4-5 days for a few things to happen, and then about a month. The month is to allow for somewhat-more-believable time for some stuff to happen, and because I don't think it'd hurt to give some in-character "breathing room". Instead of having event after event happening in the span of maybe 5 days or whatnot.

-"Right now", the Mortal kids are fighting Alpha-1, there's a tour in Las Noches, and Soul Society is having a bunch of meetings. Masaru is going to training. The Cult has spoken with Von Geister after finding his prison, and is finalizing their plan.
    -Roughly 4 days from "now" in-game (can pretty much jump ahead to that point when stuff wraps up IC), the Anderson negotiation team arrives in town. Over the course of the day, they hammer out agreements with the Akiyama, Soul Society, and Las Noches regarding their place in the spiritual world, what they know of the Hostile Quincy, and the use of Purifying Arrows.
    After that's all wrapped, some plans strawberryman has are going to go down, as are some plans Dorizzit and I made. The result will be Chuck and the other Andersons withdrawing to Australia for a bit of time.
    -Somewhere between "a week from now" and "a month from now", the Zerreißen Himmel Entwicklung are going to arrive in Japan and besiege the Akiyama family. Some splinter groups may be harassing the Anderson and Shinigami-friendly Belenus families. The Motos, hostile Belenus (who aren't already in the ZHE), and the Winchesters may or may not be up to SHENANIGANS.
    -Somewhere in that month's time the Cult will presumably free Von Geister and start consolidating themselves for real.
    -Masaru's training will likely conclude by the end of the month.
    -As the Quincy war progresses, Las Noches and Soul Society most likely "turtle up".
    --The Mortal kids are...well, not sure, but this is not happy fun times for them.
    -At the end of the month period, the Quincy War is not in a great spot. But perhaps some events might turn the tide...

Obviously I'm not running non-Anderson Quincy factions, and most of the stuff out beyond 4-5 days IC is speculation, but.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Orc in the Playground

I have no holes to poke in those ideas, though I have no idea how much action the Mortal cast is facing here.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I have no holes to poke in those ideas, though I have no idea how much action the Mortal cast is facing here.
    Well, barring Cult shenanigans, between "Chuck leaves" and "the end of that month" I myself can't give much direct input. A lot of that is extrapolation from stuff brewing up in the background at the moment.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

There is also "Hideki comes looking for Alice" the day after the present day. Which could come to the attention of the mortal crew.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A thought:
    With the advent of Purification Arrows, perhaps Quincy (aka "Monk of Destruction") is no longer an appropriate name.
    What about the word for "Monk of Purification"?

EDIT: To be clear, this would only apply to those Quincy who switch to the Purification system. Which provides a further divide between them and the more hostile and old-fashioned factions.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2014-02-19 at 11:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

Wait, what?

Ok, I get that Alpha-1 is impossibly badass compared to who was using her body before the AI took over. I get that her capture was supposed to be REALLY FREAKING HARD.

But the whole point of Shinji mucking around with that seal was precisely to keep her from using her Quincy powers altogether. Temporarily, and at great effort. All to give them a shot at, perhaps, managing to slow her the hell down enough to tranquilize her.

If she's going to tear that plan to bits as well, then at LEAST give me something better than "random words, not working anymore".

(No, I don't remember what Sklaverei is supposed to do...)

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354

I apologize, and under any other circumstances, Shinji's plan would have worked. Sklaverei, however, is essentially a perfect counter to what he did.

Sklaverei is an established ability of Vollständig that dramatically increases the Quincy's level of control over Reishi. It's powerful enough that it can tear apart constructs being actively controlled by another entity or even absorb beings made out of Reishi.

Basically, the entire point of the ability is that it brute forces literally every other force acting on Reishi and forces it under the Quincy's control.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I apologize, and under any other circumstances, Shinji's plan would have worked. Sklaverei, however, is essentially a perfect counter to what he did.

Sklaverei is an established ability of Vollständig that dramatically increases the Quincy's level of control over Reishi. It's powerful enough that it can tear apart constructs being actively controlled by another entity or even absorb beings made out of Reishi.

Basically, the entire point of the ability is that it brute forces literally every other force acting on Reishi and forces it under the Quincy's control.
    To whit, the canon example is a Quincy that I'd personally say ranks about Vice-Captain in strenght completely absorbing Ayon (the composite Hollow formed from pieces of the 3 Fraccion of Halibel, the Tercera Espada).

So...yeah, it's kinda hax, but it's 100% canon hax.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I'm nothing if not adaptable.

Sklaverei works by absorption, right?

How big is Alpha-1's cup?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357

Functionally infinite.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Orc in the Playground

I call bullcrap.

Sorry. Arbitrarily high I can live with. Functionally infinite, not so much.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-02-20 at 11:31 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359

I'm not sure why it's a problem, seeing as Shinji's attack bypassed the issue entirely. Even if you did "force feed" a Quincy Reishi, they've been shown to create constructs attached to their body in order to house excess power gathered, such as Uryu's Licht Regen.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A more relevant question: Now that the Artificial Gravity is turned off, would Alpha-1 be able to simply out-run this sudden influx?
    I mean, it's obviously a greatly accelerated flow, but it's not "every single reishi particle in the area is simultaneously, instantly on her", but instead "here have a real flow of reishi".

With that in mind, if she sought to escape now, would she ultimately leave the area of effect?