New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

Hideki is on a different assignment. And he isn't from the SSI.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

Bah humbug, you guys and your crazy divisions.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post

FF, could you prod Neknoh and/or Tebryn? I realize RL happens but it's kind of annoying when we get no word from a player at all and they're holding things up.
    I wasn't aware I was holding things up? Could you point me in that direction and I'll try to resolve it?
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2014-02-21 at 03:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

As it seems like an appropriate time, here's a full writeup for Alpha-1.

Alpha-1
    The Blade Of Purity
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: Tall.
    Weight: "Irrelevant."
    Favorite Food: Water.
    Side: Quincy (Self-Proclaimed)
    Reiatsu: Feels like harsh light and cold steel.
    Theme Song: Awakening the Chaos II
    Call it Alpha-1.

History
    Spoiler
    Show

Just like Naito, Alpha-1 was created by the Quincy splinter cell known as the meek. An artificial soul and the brainchild of Inari Toyoda, the Meek's foremost scientist, Alpha-1 was designed to be a mind for the most powerful weapon ever created. Toyoda sacrificed her own soul to complete it, resulting in the soul inheriting some of her hatred and mental instability, ultimately corrupting the completely logical and obedient weapon it was originally intended to be. Now, having seized control of its rightful body, Alpha-1's intentions are a mystery.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Alpha-1 currently inhabits a modified version of Naito's body. It is female, possessing extremely pale skin and hair due to its albinism. Its eyes appear to be blue, but this is in fact the result of a pair of advanced contact lenses that provide superior sight capabilities. Alpha-1 always wears a thick, form-concealing blue jumpsuit that covers every inch of skin below its neck. Alpha-1 wears its hair in a braid that hangs below its back.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

At first glance, Alpha-1 seems completely cold and mechanical. This is not true. Despite its behavior, the intentions for Alpha-1's behavior were heavily corrupted by its method of birth. While large aspects of its personality are dispassionate, analytical, and logical, Alpha-1 also has its own motivations and thoughts independent of its weapons programming. Foremost among them are cruelty and hatred; Alpha-1 possesses a vicious temper that it suppresses, with moderate success, most of the time. It also delights in inflicting pain on others, although it usually limits itself to excuses allowed within its programming parameters. Despite the rebellious aspects of its personality, Alpha-1 is also truly dedicated to its assigned mission, the obliteration of Shinigami and Hollows, and the advancement of "true" Quincy.

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show

Master Quincy: Alpha-1 possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of Quincy techniques, and is able to utilize them with a very high degree of proficiency. Alpha-1 also has an immensely powerful Blut, but does not have Naito's adaptability in this area. Alpha-1 has a high-level grasp of Naito's Hollow powers, but rarely uses them in favor of equivalent Quincy techniques. The exception to this is the Cero, which Alpha-1 can produce using a long charge time but with extraordinary power, and regeneration, which Alpha-1 can use to regenerate severe injuries in very short periods of time.
    Modified Body: Alpha-1's body is very close to superhuman in all respects. It also has extraordinarily high tolerance for pain.
    Rot Venen (Red Veins): Alpha-1's entire body is suffused with spiritual energy, allowing it to use its own blood in place of Gintō for Quincy spells. It is fond of severing its own fingers and using them as stand in Silver Tubes.
    Strahlend Null (Radiant Zero): Charging energy with both hands, Alpha-1 produces a massive and powerful Cero attack. This Cero variant is stronger and charges faster than a regular Cero, but burns significantly more energy.
    Engelhaft Karrosserie (Angelic Body): Alpha-1 possesses ridiculous regenerative abilities, exceeding what is naturally possible by even the strongest Hollows. It naturally combines Reishi manipulation with its Regeneration, allowing it to bind local Reishi particles to its body to replace lost flesh. This allows it to regenerate from even the most grievous injuries, but also makes regeneration more draining than it would be naturally.
    Expert Knife User: Alpha-1 is capable of creating large numbers of knives, which it can wield or throw with impressive skill. It can also direct them through the air as projectiles.
    Technology Interface: Alpha-1 can directly connect to any form of computer in its immediate area, and can read, store, and delete any data found within. It is slowed by firewalls, but can break through cyber-defenses and encryptions with unrealistic speed.
    Lagerung (Storage): Alpha-1 can, given sufficient time, break down any physical object and recreate it at a later date.
    Bernstein (Amber, lit. "Burn Stone"): Alpha-1 possesses the knowledge necessary to create small white crystals, or "steins," with a single opening that hang in the air once created. These crystals can launch arrows on command, or redirect arrows fired into them. If Alpha-1 fires a Cero into one of the crystals, it is redirected to fire through the stein's opening, destroying it.
    Quincy Bow: Rachsüchtig Würger (Vengeful Shrike): A large, traditional Quincy bow, Rachsüchtig Würger is all sharp edges apart from the handle. It functions in all ways like an ordinary bow, and can serve as a secondary melee weapon if necessary. Alpha-1 generally prefers to use knives, but the Bow is stronger when an extra punch is needed and a Cero is too imprecise.
    Vollständig: Lahavel (Blade of God): When Alpha-1 engages Vollständig, it gains a spiked halo and becomes covered in advanced, bladed armor (along the lines of this). The armor is perfectly fitted, allowing surprising freedom of movement in addition to its potent defensive capabilities. In this form, its primary inherent weapons are the blades floating behind it, which it can control and direct at high speeds for both offense and defense. In a neutral state, these attendant blades hover at her back, and can serve as wings. These blades have edges bearing the properties of Seele Schneiders. The various blades attached to the armor itself are also useable in combat, serving as a secondary offense and defense.
    • Sklaverei: A universal ability of Vollständig, while Lahavel is active Alpha-1's Reishi Dominance becomes far stronger, allowing it to dissolve and absorb spiritual constructions to fuel its powers.

• Klingen Sturm (Blade Storm): While in Vollständig, Alpha-1's area of Reishi mastery, allowing it to create constructions of Reishi, is significantly increased. It is highly adept at almost instantly creating, launching, and breaking down blades in rapid succession, allowing it to bombard its opponents with dozens of attacks from a safe distance.

• Räumliche Steuerung (Spatial Control): Alpha-1 possesses the limited ability to warp the fabric of space. This ability has two uses; firstly, Alpha-1 can create a column of expanded space. Within this area, marked by a sigil on the ground, anyone caught within must expend greater than expected time or effort to break free. The amount of energy used simply doesn't allow the expected amount of movement. This also creates a floating effect if the target is airborne. Second, Alpha-1 is capable of teleporting to any known location. This ability has a significant charge up time, taking almost a minute to activate.

• Vermächtnis Rand (Legacy Edge): Alpha-1 draws a steady stream of Reishi into a rapidly spinning disk in front of it, which launches a massive stream of blades at extraordinary speeds at the target. While the raw power of this attack is low, it fires extremely rapidly, and activates and connects almost instantly, allowing it to take opponents off guard. This attack can be sustained for several seconds, but requires a steady stream of Reishi and forces Alpha-1 to remain still.

• Sturzbach Bollwerk (Torrent Bulwark): To use this technique, Alpha-1 must curl into a ball and remain immobile. The attendant blades form a diamond surrounding Alpha-1, then project a powerful forcefield between the blades. This field has properties similar to Seele Schneiders, but Alpha-1 must remain completely immobile while using it and the technique cannot be sustained for very long.

• Metallisch Ägide (Metallic Aegis): Creating a circle of blades in front of it, Alpha-1 generates a force field between them. This ability is similar to Sturzbach Bollwerk, but stronger, and easier to circumvent.

• Heilig Schwert Von Zerstörung (Holy Sword of Destruction): A powerful technique that requires significant preparation to use. Due to how slowly it fires, Alpha-1 generally has to immobilize a target before it can hit. Alpha-1 directs all of its attendant blades above its head, where they fuse into a single circle of Reishi. From this circle, a massive sword falls onto the opponent. This sword, aside from being the size of a small building, also possesses enhanced Seele Schneider properties.

Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    I wasn't aware I was holding things up? Could you point me in that direction and I'll try to resolve it?
    Well, it's not a specific thing. It's more a general question of "when are the ZH striking, do we need to do anything, does anything need to happen beforehand, etc".

EDIT: Also, Dorizzit, Alpha-1 looks good. Very potent/powerful, but she's very much a Big Bad type character. Or a Dragon, at least. I'm looking forward to future confrontations.

Hm....

Kuroi, Straws, Keveak, would you all be okay if I started the ball moving forward for the next couple of in-game days?

Draken and Keveak could start up their bit, and I could move forward a bit more to my planned stuff.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2014-02-21 at 04:56 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

You mean on the Mortal World end? That's fine by me.

Anyone is welcome to visit Shinji in the Kuzunoha "hospital".

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it's not a specific thing. It's more a general question of "when are the ZH striking, do we need to do anything, does anything need to happen beforehand, etc".

EDIT: Also, Dorizzit, Alpha-1 looks good. Very potent/powerful, but she's very much a Big Bad type character. Or a Dragon, at least. I'm looking forward to future confrontations.
    There's...three Big Bad's running around? The game doesn't need a fourth rushing onto the scene. The set up is there but I haven't felt the need to throw yet more enemies at Soul Society/The Good Guys. If I'm somehow mistaken then I'll be more than happy to start up more with the ZH.

8. - Top - End - #398

Alpha-1 has the power level necessary for the described status, but is too mentally unstable to fit the role very well. She's designed more as a loose cannon.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    You mean on the Mortal World end? That's fine by me.

Anyone is welcome to visit Shinji in the Kuzunoha "hospital".
    Okay. I might say Chuck just sent him a letter or something, as he's likely to be busy and sleepless for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    There's...three Big Bad's running around? The game doesn't need a fourth rushing onto the scene. The set up is there but I haven't felt the need to throw yet more enemies at Soul Society/The Good Guys. If I'm somehow mistaken then I'll be more than happy to start up more with the ZH.
    It doesn't have to happen immediately, but I figured that the multi-month timeskip might be a good place for something to happen there.

Also, the only Big Bads I can think of are the Cult and ZH. Izanami's a wild card but most likely would just end up going to the Cult for Renee's sake.

As for Alpha-1:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Alpha-1 has the power level necessary for the described status, but is too mentally unstable to fit the role very well. She's designed more as a loose cannon.
    That's fair enough. She's ultimately just one person, powerful that she might be.

Again, I'm not demanding this-moment action, but part of why I suggested the multi-month skip was to allow the war with ZH to start up properly and then "settle into" a siege-esque situation.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's another new major arc, while I do like the idea of everyone being involved in some kind of plot, it's starting to get crowded in plot space.

Just a reminder; I have a few random hollows on hold when if somebody wants them (maybe after the timeskip, if/when it happens?) and an interest in practicing writing fight scenes.
    Last edited by TherianTheorist; 2014-02-21 at 06:09 PM.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by cardrian View Post
    That's another new major arc, while I do like the idea of everyone being involved in some kind of plot, it's starting to get crowded in plot space.

Just a reminder; I have a few random hollows and an interest in practicing writing fight scenes.
    How is it crowded?

That's basically 2 major plots (Cult and ZH) and 1 minor plot (Alpha-1).

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

I have made an illustrative politics drawing on paint.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

How is it crowded?

That's basically 2 major plots (Cult and ZH) and 1 minor plot (Alpha-1).
    It just felt that way. Actually looking into it, there's plenty of room. Sorry for bringing that up.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I have made an illustrative politics drawing on paint.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like how Hasunaga gets his own square.

By boss, you mean boss fight, right? Not sure how that relates to the old man, though.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I like how Hasunaga gets his own square.

By boss, you mean boss fight, right? Not sure how that relates to the old man, though.
    I think he means Renee, who is somehow now the Principal.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope, the old principal remains. She's wormed her way into the board of directors.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #407
    Orc in the Playground

That FIEND!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't see how 2-3 months is totally not doable but 1 month is?
    If it's "really too late to do that" do you mind explaining why?
    Don't get me wrong - a multi-month timeskip is perfectly doable. All it requires is everyone to put "X months later" at the start of their post and go from there.

What I meant is that pretending the last timeskip was two or three months instead of one is not doable. That would screw up the timing of several events. I don't know about you, but I like my linear timing. I don't like when I suddenly have to retcon what I've written in past four months.

In any case, "another timeskip" will get you the same thing: more time for things to happen. I am not opposed to fast-forwarding more if it keeps people interested. I am, however, opposed to screwing up chronology for no reason. Basic sequentiality, people: you add time and new events to the end of the line. You don't put them in the middle.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

Um, Frozen? Can Li see through walls or was he headed to Koutarou's office to begin with? Their little meet is taking place inside the office.

Just needed a little clarification, posting now.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Check the HQ write-up for where Koutarou's office is. The question should answer itself.

Or, well, I can just note it here: Koutarou's office is immediately outside Li's.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Orc in the Playground

Ooooooooooo. Right. I totally forgot that... >.>

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Don't get me wrong - a multi-month timeskip is perfectly doable. All it requires is everyone to put "X months later" at the start of their post and go from there.

What I meant is that pretending the last timeskip was two or three months instead of one is not doable. That would screw up the timing of several events. I don't know about you, but I like my linear timing. I don't like when I suddenly have to retcon what I've written in past four months.

In any case, "another timeskip" will get you the same thing: more time for things to happen. I am not opposed to fast-forwarding more if it keeps people interested. I am, however, opposed to screwing up chronology for no reason. Basic sequentiality, people: you add time and new events to the end of the line. You don't put them in the middle.
    ....Both of the timeskips I am speaking of (the 4-5 day and the 2-3 month) are future skips. No retcons involved, just fast-forwarding. Was that unclear?

23. - Top - End - #413

A little bit. I was definitely confused on that account.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

The way Draken put it was confusing. I interpreted your suggestion as a new timeskip, then Draken corrected me that it was an extension of the earlier timeskip. So everything's fine again if we pretend this discussion never happened.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The way Draken put it was confusing. I interpreted your suggestion as a new timeskip, then Draken corrected me that it was an extension of the earlier timeskip. So everything's fine again if we pretend this discussion never happened.
    He had meant the earlier proposed 1-month-in-the-further-future timeskip, from my original proposal here.

I just did the "4-5 days hence" skip for Chuck.

Incidentally, the people I'm assuming we'd need for the negotiations:
    -Myself, for the Andersons
    -Dorizzit, for Jehoel/Las Noches
    -Frozen Feet, for the Akiyamas
    -A different player, for Soul Society

It can be assumed that the day after the fight with Alpha-1, Chuck made various contacts to people to try and get this set up. He would probably have put a request through Las Noches to get Soul Society in on the matter.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to suggest Hishikawa Setsurou for Soul Society's ambassador. He should be used to it by now.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

Now I just need for Koutarou's expedition to launch and finish before I can get things moving.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #418

Once again, I got lost with everything going along in the Spirit World: if there is something that happened in there that I needed to respond to, please poke me to the right post.
    Otherwise...I need to get Valentina and Combat Division's Miss Suou involved again in things.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

For Miss Suou, you might want to prod AnimeKid. Your characters are supposed to do the peace-keeping at Rukongai. I can supply random encounters if you can't think of anything to do.

As for Valentina... well, Mikael's still sleeping in her bed. If you have nothing else to do with her, you can have her chat with him.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

I'm going to suggest Hishikawa Setsurou for Soul Society's ambassador. He should be used to it by now.
    Sounds like a perfectly fine plan.

Shinji will also be there, but only as a host.

Also, with Momoka out of the picture, I need at least one more member for that expedition. Volunteer already, folks.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show