New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    *Is assuming the ZH would pick names like "filthy blood traitors", "harlots for Soul Society", and so on.*
    Niklaus would be boring and go with "verlierer".
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

*Is assuming the ZH would pick names like "filthy blood traitors", "harlots for Soul Society", and so on.*
    Those who betray their people aren't fit for names.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I fully expect that to still happen. This is just the warm-up. It might prepare Masaru for what's to come, or it might not. It might give him some useful epiphanies, or it might not.

Momoka's role from this point on is entirely up in the air. She might interfere, or she might not.
    Okay, Frozen? I'm getting honestly frustrated. I feel like you have a WILDLY different idea or plan for Masaru's training than I do.
    I realize I never communicated it, but then, I didn't think I'd have to. I had figured this would mostly be a "solo thread" where I could, over the course of a few days, make some posts about how Masaru's training progresses over...however much time passes down there while 3 months pass above ground.

But now not only are you engaged in "warm up", you're trying to force me to take the get-rid-of-shadow-arm pill early. I have that planned for a specific dramatic moment, not the moment he gets the sniffles.

I am to the point I'm just going to have Masaru turn around and leave because I don't want to deal with this/you any more.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm repeating myself here, but you apparently need this bent from iron wire:

I fully expect your solo training sequence to still happen. This is just the warm-up. I gave you a fairly precise lenght for it when I kicked the thread up on PM. If you've been counting, you'll know we're about half-way done. Three posts from the plant-creature, and my part in the thread is done. Then it's just Masaru and whatever you plan to do with him.

Saying I'm forcing you to do anything is absurd. You don't feel it's time for Masaru to eat the pill? Then make him do something else! That's fully within your rights as his player; standard fare for roleplay combat.

Like I said: there are no particular things I want Masaru to do. Use your imagination. Craft his response in whatever manner you feel suitable. If "turn around and leave" is where you think it's at, by all means, have Masaru do that. (Though in that case I'd say it'd be fair to let strawberry/Momoka determine what it takes to get through the barrier).

Masaru might have all the reason in the world to be frustrated at Li right now (and I actually hope something comes out of that later), but your frustration at me is misplaced, nevermind baffling from my perspective. This is the third time now when I've been writing normal back-and-forth, and you suddenly jump on me for supposedly dictating the course of the game. That's not how I work. I'm offering you hooks; you don't have to bite on them. Please spare complaining of how I'm forcing your hand for when I'm actually doing so.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2014-02-26 at 03:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I think there's a mixup in the Mortal World thread, Frozen.

The conference room is buried somewhere in the shrine. Yui was at the door and presumably brought just inside.

The attendants took Yui to some room that's not the conference room. Unless I'm wrong, Kuroi could correct me on that.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

That is correct, KD.

Conference hosting 101: seemingly uninvited guests need some damn good reason to be brought into the conference...
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

Hot damn, you're right. I misread Kuroi's post. I'll amend it ASAP.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

Aaaaaaaaand replied.

You guys sure love to give Shinji headaches.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I feel like I should warn the other participants of Masaru's training thread that I plan to have Masaru down there for the entire length (minus maybe a couple of days) of the 3-month timeskip (which is slated to happen after the end of the signing of the Accords, the Prison investigation, and a couple of those other shenanigans happening in a short time, though of course people can be posting things happening in that skip time). I did the calculations, and averaging 30 days in a month for 3 months is 90 days, or 90 months down there. Which comes out to about 7.2 years. I intend to have him stay down that entire time if possible.

I want him to work for this Bankai.

However, Frozen, I would appreciate knowing if that forest is just going to sit there forever, if it's going to attack him, or what. I want him to have a lot of open space for what is to come.

As for
    I gave you a fairly precise lenght for it when I kicked the thread up on PM. If you've been counting, you'll know we're about half-way done. Three posts from the plant-creature, and my part in the thread is done. Then it's just Masaru and whatever you plan to do with him.
    You never mentioned plant monsters. Maybe I was wrong, but I'd read that statement as being how long you'd spend having someone explain the nature of the training area to Masaru, not "THE TREES ARE ATTACKING!".

Anyways, if Li's Bankai can stay released for an entire year without interruption, feel free to have it do so.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

Staying rooted in one place is a thing forests are good at, yes.

The forest will not do anything to Masaru before he tries to get through it. However, if he wants more space than he currently has, he will have to make it or find it. (Pro-tip for Masaru: look up.) The plant-creature will react to attempts to do so at it sees fit. (It is expecting creation of said clear space, and won't necessarily react to it. Why, is something I'd actually like for Masaru to think of for a second.)

EDIT:
    Maybe I was wrong, but I'd read that statement as being how long you'd spend having someone explain the nature of the training area to Masaru, not "THE TREES ARE ATTACKING!".
    Yeah, well. I expected Momoka to do the explaining. Like I said before, strawberry surprised me by taking a quip I made far more literally than I expected.

Speaking of Momoka, she presumably (apparently?) has the means to step outside the barrier, so she can watch the whole thing fast-forwarded. She also had plenty of time to prepare before this, so I hope she was smart enough to pack some snacks.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2014-02-28 at 03:07 AM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kuroimaken: Dude, you're up 2 times in a row in the Big Meeting. You've got to sign for Soul Society and the Kuzonohas.

Frozen: I think some of my irritation comes from a.) feeling like this is going in a completely different direction than what I anticipated, wanted, or was led to believe, and b.) because you think in absurdly twisty lines that some of us have trouble following, and when work drains my brain as it often does, I have trouble following your frustratingly-vague OOC talk.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, Setsurou's probably already signed it. I'm actually waiting on feedback from Yui so Shiki can get back to his hosting duties.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

@KD: At least part of those absurdly twisty lines started completely straight, but then were bent all out of shape because of unexpected character reaction. I think the funniest part is that Li could straighten them all up with one sentence, but I also think it's something Masaru needs to hear from Li in IC, rather than me explaining it to you know.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Orc in the Playground

Since I do not want to dominate the conversation entirely, I figured Tsubame would be the best person to bring up Hoshi and Caeyrn's visit to Soul Society.

Also, DAMMIT FROZEN, Setsurou is the guy who prefers to work in the background, Li totally forced him into the spotlight with making him a semi-official defacto diplomat for Soul Society!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

@KD: At least part of those absurdly twisty lines started completely straight, but then were bent all out of shape because of unexpected character reaction. I think the funniest part is that Li could straighten them all up with one sentence, but I also think it's something Masaru needs to hear from Li in IC, rather than me explaining it to you know.
    Well if Li showed up Masaru might be more inclined to talk, yes.

Incidentally, am I a bit weird if I'm kind of excited about some of the plot-balls we're all getting rolling now?

16. - Top - End - #466
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Since I do not want to dominate the conversation entirely, I figured Tsubame would be the best person to bring up Hoshi and Caeyrn's visit to Soul Society.
    He's going to be waiting a while. As far as Tsubame is concerned, she's only there for science talk.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Orc in the Playground

Right... for a moment I forgot I wasn't the only guy with two characters from different factions in the room.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Well if Li showed up Masaru might be more inclined to talk, yes.
    I'm more expecting that talk to happen once Masaru digs himself out of there.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Keveak what character is Alice talking about?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

That's right folks, I just went there.

Also, now we know what happened to the Twins!

I just hope we can conduct a Dramatic Rescue to free them from the Hollow Parasites (yes yes Draken you can insert your platitudes from the King and Queen here ) after our time-skip.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Orc in the Playground

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I just found something I can do to make Setsurou useful elsewhere.

Frozen, Tebryn. Do you guys mind if I have Setsurou keep Hoshi's children from getting killed?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground

It means Niklaus gets to fight.

No, I don't mind.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Orc in the Playground

That just leaves Tebryn.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't have a dog in that fight.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, but Hein does... nevermind.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, but Hein does... nevermind.
    I felt like it was flippant than "I don't care" Because I don't. The more fluid and less planned a story is the better.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    I felt like it was flippant than "I don't care" Because I don't. The more fluid and less planned a story is the better.
    I think it's a joke about Niklaus being a werewolf.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it's a joke about Niklaus being a werewolf.
    Oh, totally passed me by.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Has anyone told you jokes are like frogs?