New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

This initial action is likely to go very poorly for the Akiyamas.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    This initial action is likely to go very poorly for the Akiyamas.
    Long term it might cement an alliance between them and the Andersons and the "friendly" Belarus (I think I spelled that right?).

Especially since as things escalate I imagine the Winchester Clan will sign up with the war and hand out guns and so forth.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

We'll see what happens.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

It's worth noting that while Koutarou is trying his best, he probably needs to clear everything he talked about with Li first.

Which reminds me, I have to post with Setsurou as he looks for Hideki.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neknoh View Post
    I have to wonder a bit what we Quincy are doing right now, are we waiting for Hein to make a move?
    I believe so. I'll try to get something up by the end of the weekend, it's been very busy now that the holidays are done.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As a note, I've been in communication with horngeek.

I've sent Frozen_Feet a PM with a bunch of Akiyama Clan stuff, but HG said that if anyone's interested in taking up his PCs to play further, they can. If you do and you have questions I can act as a relay.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    [COLOR="Green"]"Of course he thinks that, because money grows on trees and buildings sprout from spores released at the onset of spring."
    The funny thing here is that the above is not outside Zheng Li Lin's ability to implement. Of course, the commander has better things to do than gardening houses.

---

Also, Momoka just got a permission to do something mildly illegal, and this time she isn't even going to be the one to be blamed for it. Where's here overjoyed reaction?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Speaking of, Li can probably feed Seireitei in the absence of the common folk of Rukongai with his Shikai alone.

Koutarou can probably provide the electricity.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

You're just begging for Li to go on a wild rant on why Li doesn't do that.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

I'm just saying dem Death Gods would make KILLER appliances.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

thinking I might try this, sample character to be critiqued and then used as a minion wherever useful
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabn View Post
    Spoiler: Rethlin Malk
    Show

Height: 190cm
    Weight: 80kg
    Station: Arancar
    Spoiler: Description
    Show

Rethlin has death-white skin and hair, eyes, and tongue that are a solid monochrome dark blue. He has a small hollow hole that goes from the palm of one hand through his body to the palm of his other hand. The remnants of his mask are in two halves in the back of his head that stick out through his hair in 6 twisted horns. His teeth are pointed and his mouth is often slightly open as if he was drinking in and tasting his surroundings. He wears loose pants and a loose shirt the color of his hair. His Reiatsu is hard to detect and feels, if anything like a faint numbness.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Rethlin is a quite but curious individual, obedient but seldom expressive. He seems unnervingly patient and attentive without ever seeming to exert himself. He is fascinated by other people, usually watching them from a distance or occasionally moving alongside them to see something more closely or ask them something.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show

Rather than emitting Reiatsu he seems to absorb any Reiatsu near to him.
    his physical and magical strength is very low but his movements are graceful
    Spoiler: General abilities
    Show

Cero: his cero dissipates almost the moment it leaves his fingers. If he charges a cero in his hand he can strike with it to drain a large amount of spirit energy from whatever he touches.
    Bala: Similar to his cero he can create bala on his fingertips to use like claws, but they flicker out of existence outside his touch.
    Hierro: Rethlin's Hierro is basically negligible
    Garganta: Garganta are unusually easy to open for him
    Pesquisa: Rethlin has excellent sensory powers
    Sonido: Although he can not accelerate to the extent of other Arancar he can use Sonido very fluidly and maintain it well
    Regeneration: Rethlin regenerates so quickly it seems like attacks go through him
    Negacion: Rethlin never learned to do this because his Resurrección made it seem pointless

Spoiler: Zanpakuto
    Show

name: Meerauge
    release command: Meerauge
    appearance: An oversized estoc with a basket hilt which Rethlin uses with both hands, moving one hand along the hilt and blade
    Spoiler: Resurrección
    Show

Rethlin's hair and shirt lengthen considerably, the later becoming a billowing robe, and both float in his Reiatsu like they were inside an underwater current. Blue-green shadows move across his skin like he was underwater, his arms lengthen, his nose becomes two slits, and his feet and hands grow claws

While in this form, areas inside his Reiatsu can suddenly seem to take on immense distances, objects inside them feeling no resistance but seeming to move very little with respect to their surroundings. He can create and hold bala and cero with any hand or foot while in this form.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

You... may want to add some more detail to this guy. What's his background? Who or what does he work for? Does he have any primary motivations? If so, what are they?

As it is, he looks like a random throwaway. You could slap "Generic Arrancar #X" on his forehead and be done with it.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    You... may want to add some more detail to this guy. What's his background? Who or what does he work for? Does he have any primary motivations? If so, what are they?

As it is, he looks like a random throwaway. You could slap "Generic Arrancar #X" on his forehead and be done with it.
    I didn't want to write a background until he was fine-tuned to make sure things fit together. I'd say he's probably damaged somehow, because something in him's missing. Motivation-wise I think he goes around watching people because he doesn't have anything he really cares about and it's an easy way to pass the time, but he also knows he's incomplete some somehow and he's not sure what is gone. (yeah, I'm not moving away from generic Arrancar x here )

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm, a new, low-ranking Arrancar? I think your timing is near-perfect. I could definitely see Jehoel assigning him to lead Rin or Tamaki around. We'll have to wait for input from those players' characters, but it shouldn't take too long.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Kuro, how go the preparations for Operation Suikoden? Is it about time to have Satoshi finish up his training and ready for deployment?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh my, seems as if we have a new Japanese Quincy as well, I wonder where his allegiance will lie
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    Kuro, how go the preparations for Operation Suikoden? Is it about time to have Satoshi finish up his training and ready for deployment?
    Operation Suikoden won't, despite the designation, be concluded swiftly. It's actually a mid-to-long-term project for all involved.

Also, Setsurou needs to run some numbers by the Commander before he can actually get it started. And Masaru, too.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my, seems as if we have a new Japanese Quincy as well, I wonder where his allegiance will lie
    Seems so, probably not with either faction from the look of things. I hope they post here in the OOC however.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, it looks like a few people have found my post just as I lifted the WIP tag from it. I suppose I don't really need to link it then...

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    Just a heads up, 'Jion-kun' may be more appropriate than going straight for referring to him by his first name.

Suikoden? Ah, I really need to read more of the IC thread.

Training and deployment?

I wonder also... Oh wait it's me. I'm not up to date on all of the story yet. He's a distant relation of the Akiyamas if that helps at all (I'll need to make that a little clearer).

I have read most of the information so far, but haven't read all of it yet. I thought it would take a while for everyone to have a look at my character post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Seems so, probably not with either faction from the look of things. I hope they post here in the OOC however.
    Are these two factions the ones for warring against the shinigami and the ones seeking a truce?

I was going to post here this morning (it seemed the most logical course of action). I just wanted a little time to see if there was any awkward English remaining. Then I ended up being busy today, so didn't get to. Sorry about that!
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Oh, it looks like a few people have found my post just as I lifted the WIP tag from it. I suppose I don't really need to link it then...

Just a heads up, 'Jion-kun' may be more appropriate than going straight for referring to him by his first name.
    Suikoden? Ah, I really need to read more of the IC thread.

Training and deployment?
    Imp has a shinigami named Satoshi. This is all relevant to current events in Soul Society.

I wonder also... Oh wait it's me. I'm not up to date on all of the story yet. He's a distant relation of the Akiyamas if that helps at all (I'll need to make that a little clearer).

I have read most of the information so far, but haven't read all of it yet. I thought it would take a while for everyone to have a look at my character post.

Are these two factions the ones for warring against the shinigami and the ones seeking a truce?

I was going to post here this morning (it seemed the most logical course of action). I just wanted a little time to see if there was any awkward English remaining. Then I ended up being busy today, so didn't get to. Sorry about that!
    Technically the war with the shinigami is still going to start, the quincy are more infighting than anything.
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-01-27 at 12:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Imp has a shinigami named Satoshi. This is all relevant to current events in Soul Society.

Technically the war with the shinigami is still going to start, the quincy are more infighting than anything.
    Ah, I feel very foolish now. My sincerest apologies (it all makes sense now!). I haven't read the spirit realm IC thread yet.

Mm, that doesn't sound very useful... Infighting is usually a little petty.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ah, I feel very foolish now. My sincerest apologies (it all makes sense now!). I haven't read the spirit realm IC thread yet.

Well, it's more a war between Clans. The scale will exceed "petty", though the reasoning is both "petty" and "a bit insane".

Also, someone not me should make a new Spirit World thread.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

That's the nature of war.

New Spirit World Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...5#post16873295
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2014-01-27 at 02:11 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, to put it in anime terms, we have the Ishida family being the "kinda good guys, don't bother shinigami, truce is ok I guess."

And on the other hand, we have Bach and the Sternritters coming, with revenge and purging in mind, "The friend of my enemy is my enemy." and "They tried to wipe our clan out a century ago, we will not forgive the traitors." echoing through Hein's head (far as I've understood it).
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, to put it in anime terms, we have the Ishida family being the "kinda good guys, don't bother shinigami, truce is ok I guess."

And on the other hand, we have Bach and the Sternritters coming, with revenge and purging in mind, "The friend of my enemy is my enemy." and "They tried to wipe our clan out a century ago, we will not forgive the traitors." echoing through Hein's head (far as I've understood it).
    Hein is more "We've had enough of being the playthings of the heavens".

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fair enough.
    Still wont end well for most involved parties

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair enough.
    Still wont end well for most involved parties
    Including Hein and any other member of the Warring Quincy who don't mind letting their characters die.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2014-01-27 at 08:04 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aye

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alright, so I'll be standing by on Operation Suikoden, if I understand you correctly...In that case, should we finish up Satoshi's Hakuda training so he can move on to other things?

Actually, now that I think about it...What "other things" would there be for someone in Recon Div. to do...?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

As it is, while Setsurou and Naijeru have been tasked with making Operation Suikoden work, they've not been given authonomy to initiate it. The way it works is they figure it out, send up a report, and when the higher chain of command says "go", they go. That's partly because that way the higher-ups can analyze the current plan and see if there's anything wrong with it, and if so, it can be addressed.

One of the reasons they've been building up a contingent is so that they can start anytime, and implement changes on the fly. But they still need that all-important command to get started.

And because it didn't occur to Setsurou to ask the SSI for non-lethal weaponry before (what can I say, the guy was trying not to pervert Masaru's idea), now he needs to amend his report to include that possibility. But before that, he has to run it by Naijeru and see how he likes the idea, since he's only working logistics but the actual manpower command belongs to Naijeru; it's about keeping the other half in the loop.

All in all, those are the reasons Operation Suikoden hasn't started yet.

I'd also like to reiterate that Satoshi's on loan for Internal Security now. After he's done with the physical training he'll have to get started on policework and investigation training.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show