New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal [IC]

1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Royal [IC]

Don has gotten very tired from all of Sludge's attacks, and is starting to wear down.

"Hey guys, I could use a little help with this one!"

He fires of another attempt at disintegrating Sludge then runs as far away from him as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    100 MPH, so really far.
    For both Sludge and the Woman:
    Will save DC 14 or lose 4 toughness (Min -5), regen at 1/round.
    Then toughness save DC 19 against damage (Disintegrated if fail by 20, also ignores toughness from protection)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Sludge appears to remain unaffected as you back away, but the woman once again seems susceptible to the aging effects: clearly taking a visible toll on her now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:
    Don
    Cory/Mark
    Young man - Unconscious (and slowed and panicked)
    Woman - Bruised x2 (I forgot to note her other bruise before)
    Invisible Man - Paralyzed, Staggered and Bruised (x2)
    Richard
    Sludge

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The disembodied voice of the still invisible Mark floats out of nowhere, "Yea yea, I've got ya covered."

Mark directs a wave of kinetic energy at Sludge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blast toughness DC 19

"...and now that they all know where I am, its time to move..."

Mark proceeds to casually walk to the left a bit.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think walking is half normal move pace, so he has moved 15 feet from his original position.
    Last edited by obilisk260; 2014-01-30 at 10:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

"This would be a lot of easier if you'd just go quietly!"

Cory zooms up into the air above Sludge and blasts a cone of electro-chemical energy downward at him, avoiding any nearby teammates if possible.

"Be reasonable!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Emotion Control (love) + Wisdom Drain area attack, DC 14 Reflex for easier saves.

(DC 14 Will save for those effects)
    Witch Razor Blood Sage
    (Links both lead to ToB disciplines I made!)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Sludge dodges and weaves amorphicly away from most of the electricity, but still some of it strikes him. He looks up at you dumbly before muttering something that seems unintelligent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Scumbag Dan: tells you to be reasonable, lowers your reasoning stat.

Also, Sludge succeeded on the emotion control save, failed the wisdom drain.

We're waiting on Tim to roll attack roll for his blast, but if he succeeds, Sludge will take a bruise. For now, I'll keep the fight moving, but Tim please roll once you're on.

The woman bites her lip nervously and looks around. She looks like she wants to back out, but the crowd isn't exactly giving her a chance. She hurls another bolt of light up at Cory.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save DC 13 or be blinded. If Blinded, Fort save DC 13 on your turn to over come it, as the Dazzle power.

The once-invisible man suddenly falls down to the ground, reeling a bit and looking confused.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:
    Don
    Cory/Mark
    Young man - Unconscious (and slowed and panicked)
    Woman - Bruised x2
    Invisible Man - Bruised (x2) - (my appologies: he was stunned, not staggered. Now he's just bruised.)
    Richard
    Sludge (Bruised?)

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Richard turns his attention towards the woman, and shoots another blast of acid at her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[13]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Concerned more about the well being of her friends, Richard's acid spray hits her full in the face, and she goes down.

Sludge looks around as the other man comes to. He grits his teeth a little, and seems to know when he's defeated.
    "Sheesh guys. Well that's it for me." He walks over to the unconscious man and woman, picking them up, unless one of you stop him.
    "John let's get outta here. Hail to the kings or whatever."

With his two companions on his shoulders and John following close behind, the part the crowd and walk towards the exit of the area. The crowd looks at you, some in anticipation, some in nervousness, ready to see what you all will say.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I could get a jump on him...no, this needs to stop now.

Don runs over to Sludge

"Do you want a hand with them? I might be able to reverse the aging."

Don concentrates on bringing them all back to normal time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    All effects from my attacks are lifted off them. (Reversible feat)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

At this point, Richards eyes are weeping black liquid and his veins are a dark black color and pop out of his skin. He lets out an animalistic roar, and dark speckles of black liquid spray from his mouth and hiss and steam when the hit the now wet ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidation check! Not really for anyone in particular but for role playing reasons wutwut (1d20)[15].
    Possibly with some additional modifiers cause we won the battle and the crowd seems possibly scared I guess. Up to Dan M.

Richard then proceeds to fall to his knees, as the black in his veins begins to subside, slowly and painfully, until he looks like (somewhat) normal.
    Last edited by El Zombi; 2014-02-04 at 02:12 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Flumph

With a quiet electric sound, Cory rematterializes in physical form. He looks over at Richard nervously.

I'm glad there don't seem to be any negative side effects of my powers. Still, I'm sure this man will be fine. I'm sure Destiny will be as kind to him as it is to me-- the fact that his fate seems bound up with mine is proof enough of that.

Cory does not respond to Sludge but glares at him as he stands next to Richard.

Hail to the kings is right. Now the rest of these people will know not to attack us.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Should I? No, it wouldn't be sporting. He admitted defeat. Let him go."

Mark re-materializes and allows the illusion of himself to fade away. He turns to the crowd and spreads his arms out towards them. He speaks in a loud voice so all can hear, "Ladies and gentlemen, you have just witnessed your first powered fight. I'm sure that many of you have questions, but I ask that you please hold them until later. Now, could someone with healing abilities please step forward. We have wounded on both sides who need attention. "
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dan, I don't know if that would be a charisma check or a diplomacy check, so I'll roll both, and just use the one that makes more sense to you.
    Diplomacy: (1d20+13)[22]
    Charisma: (1d20+4)[18]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

@Don: You scale back the aging effects on those effected. Sludge looks at you and grunts a bit surly, perhaps too proud or frustrated to accept the help. The other man walks away quietly, turning invisible once again, though he still remains plenty apparent as he (and all of you) are covered in the fire extinguishing foam.

@Richard: Richard's roar rings out and more than one person jumps back nervously. Much of the crowd starts whispering to each other.

Spoiler: Listen Check
    Show
    DC 15

@Mark: You address the whole group, quite reasonably if you say so yourself. But the group seems hesitant to respond. They look at all of you a bit conflicted: some of you seemed fine enough, but clearly none of them want to approach Richard. Finally, a young man, no more than twenty, is nudged forward.

"Umm... I guess I could help..."

He cautiously approaches the four of you and, with hands glowing a faint green, relieves the worst of your injuries. He avoids Richard entirely, however.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone besides Cam has all bruises removed, if any.

A woman in the crowd decides to speak up.

"That wasn't our first fight. I mean... maybe for some people here. But Flock One's been picking fights with people to prove they were better. No one's really beaten them until now, so... "

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mark looks at the woman, "Now that sounds like an invitation if I've ever heard one." He looks over at Don, Rich, and Cory. "What do you guys think? We took on those other guys pretty easily. Lets see if we can get a challenge out of Flock One!"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Richard stands up from his "transformation" and cracks his neck. He looks over to Mark. "Mark, I think that was Flock One."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Now why didn't that occur to me? Maybe because they went down so easy, and if they were able to beat everyone else, you'd think they were tougher. But hey, whatever."

"Yes, of course, I guess the adrenaline is still pumping, not letting me think straight. Anyways, good fight, got to test out our powers in a real confrontation. Couldn't have asked for better. Now, what about you guys, are you all alright?"

16. - Top - End - #106

Flumph

Cory grins when he hears the story of Flock One. He and his fellow flock have somehow been the first group to beat them! Surely, even if nothing else so far has proved that they were all destined for great things, this is ample enough evidence. He walks over to stand between Richard and Mark and claps a hand on one shoulder each.

"Couldn't be better. I'd say handled ourselves pretty well back there."

Still smiling, he looks at his three other flockmates.

"Come to think of it, we haven't even really been properly introduced. My name is Cory, but you can call me--" Cory's smile falters for a second.

DoIknowanythingaboutnervoussystemsdoIknowanythinga boutnervoussystemsdoIknowanyth--

"--Axon." He smiles again.

Nailed it.
    Last edited by pyrefiend; 2014-02-07 at 12:47 AM.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Richard smirks at Axon's name. Super Hero names, huh? I like it.

"I'm Richard, but I'll go by Malice."

Its been a long time since Richard has had anything like friends, and he swells with hope that this group may be his first chance at that in a long time.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

As Malice yells at the end of the fight, Axon can hear the other people whispering to each other.

Good God, these ones seem worse than the last.
    Out of the frying pan...
    I don't know, they didn't start it...

---------------------

The woman gives an awkward smile.

"Right, well, Axon and um, Malice. I don't speak for everyone here, but most of us aren't interested in you know, that. Fighting. So we're not going to have a flock one all over again with you guys. If you want to pick a fight with someone, you ask them first."

Many people begin to leave, and you notice the members of Flock Six, the people from before, talking quietly to themselves. Occasionally, their eyes flick back to you. Whatever they're discussing, it seems to be pretty serious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Between events that are going on, you all have a bit of downtime. Feel free to do what you'd like, talk to whom you'd like. If you want me to fastforward to the next big thing, just let me know.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Don turns to the woman and exclaims "I can't speak for all of us, but I definitely have no intention of picking another fight. If for no other reason than I have no idea what else I can do and I don't want to permanently injure someone. Now, I think I'm going to find a quite place to rest, its been a roller coaster of a day."

Don then turns to the others "I'm going to go find a nice tree to sleep in, over that direction, come find me if you need.", and wanders of to the nearest intact tree.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Richard nods in agreement, then thinks for a second before responding.
    "Excuse me, I have to go do some... science stuff"
    He turns and heads towards the nearest medical lab, to collect the proper supplies (syringes, vials, scalpels, etc.) to collect samples and run tests.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search check for when I get to the medical area (barring any hiccups) (1d20+4)[8]edit: actually I can take 20, so Ill just do that (24)
    Last edited by El Zombi; 2014-02-09 at 01:31 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Flumph

Axon isn't too bothered by the whispers of the other metahumans. Presumably, all he has to do is not attack anyone, and they'll see that he and the others are nothing like Flock One.

Still, best to say something.

"We don't have any intention of picking random fights. I'm curious though, you speak as though you've been here for a while. How long do people stay here after the procedure?"
    Last edited by pyrefiend; 2014-02-09 at 03:15 PM.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

@Axon: The woman shrugs.

"Oh we've all been here the same time. Apparently we need to stay for two days. For" she raises her fingers in air quotes, "'observation and care'. It was in that book of a legal document we signed. That's good to hear. It seems like people here are a little tense. What, do they just throw everyone in a room and not have security or something? Anyway, hopefully you guys cleaned up that rabble, so thank you."

@Don: You spot a rather tall tree, thankfully not burned, and arrive in the blink of an eye. The artificial breeze plays through the branches as you relax in the nook of the tree.

@Malice: In a totally non-terrifying manner, you vaguely mention that you have to go do 'science stuff'. Sadly, there are no medical facilities in the immediate area. But this is a laboratory: surely there should be supplies somewhere, right?

Spoiler
    Show
    You can either investigate for yourself, or ask one of the employees. There are none to be found in this area, but you remember seeing a few in the hall on your way over here.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

OK, well a generic lab will have to do.

Richard elects not to ask the employees for help, as he doesn't particularly trust them, and that's kind of the whole reason he's going to do his own tests. He's going to take 20 (again for a total of 24) to search the room for the supplies he needs to run some bio-tests (on himself, mostly).

Spoiler
    Show
    List of things Richard is looking for:
    Scalpel (or any kind of knife/scraping tool)
    Vials (for storing samples)
    Microscopes (which he actually has in his inventory but lets not dwell on how that's possible atm)
    Slides (for viewing samples)
    Syringes (at the very least pipettes)
    Tape and sharpie (to label samples)
    Any documents that may help to identify what Royal actually did
    And finally anything else in the room that might help that he didn't think of.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mark walks over to Flock six. "Gentlemen, and lady, that was quite the fight you gave us. I heard that you were able to beat all the other flocks you've fought, and I would like to congratulate you on that, honestly. You're fighters, and I respect that." He looks at the invisible man, "I'm curious how your invisibility works. Mine works the same as my illusions: I imagine something, and it just appears."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check to improve their attitude towards Mark:(1d20+13)[29]
    Sweet, two steps up!
    Last edited by obilisk260; 2014-02-10 at 04:05 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Sludge nods. He might not be the most compassionate man, but he knows a fellow fighter.

"Right, well. Just good to see a couple people here who aren't a bunch a' cowards."

The other, the one who turned invisible, gives you a curious look.

"You know noise cancelling, like with the headphones? Apparently like that. I glow, actually. I glow light that cancels out the kind that reflects off of me. Err, thats what M-, what Lumia says anyway."

He jerks his thumb to the woman in their group who is now sleeping quite soundly on Sludge's shoulder.

26. - Top - End - #116

Flumph

Observation and care, huh? I didn't see a lot of observation or care a second ago when we were getting attacked. Something weird is going on here.

Axon briefly considers trying to explore the rest of the compound, but decides against it. He might be able to pass through objects, but he can't exactly be very stealthy while he does it.

Instead, he decides to walk around and make conversation with as many people as possible, trying to get a general feel for the population here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information check I guess. (1d20+6)[15]
    Last edited by pyrefiend; 2014-02-12 at 11:32 PM.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Light cancelling huh, that seriously cool man. I wonder if you'll develop the ability to project it outward, like this... " Mark points towards sludge and creates a distortion field around him, making him go invisible. After a few seconds he drops the field and Sludge reappears.
    "But anyways, I have a serious question for you guys. Have you noticed anything suspicious? I've got a strange feeling about this place. For example, why didn't they do anything after we got out powers? Wouldn't it have been a lot safer to have us each test out our powers in solitude, so we don't risk hurting anyone?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

@Mark: He shrugs.

"I think you're right. They don't seem particularly... caring of us down here. I don't suppose anyone's asked them about that, have they? Suspicious though? No. Why, has anyone talked to you about suspicious folk?"

@Cory: You wander about, listening in and contributing to some conversations. People all seem to feel the same way: the initial wonder of the operation has yet to wear off, but people are beginning to feel restless, perhaps a bit uneasy. If there's one thing people don't like, it's being cooped up and not told exactly why.

@Richard: You decide to leave the area, in search of some answers. Outside of the glass doors, you find yourself in the hallway before, with other Flocks' rooms on the sides and closed doors at the far end. You notice two Royal employees walking down the hall: one in a white coat, another in the Royal uniform: apparently some sort of securityman. They talk among themselves quietly.
    Last edited by Business Scrub; 2014-02-23 at 07:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Richard attempts to listen in on the conversation without being noticed (or without trying to garner suspicion, if I'm in a totally open area).
    Spoiler
    Show
    sneaky sneak (1d20+2)[7]
    Notice (1d20)[19]

Edit: well at least I can hear what they're saying *trips over own shoelace, falls down flight of stairs stealthily*
    Last edited by El Zombi; 2014-02-24 at 02:02 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Flumph

Well I don't like feeling trapped either. Maybe it's time to figure out where we are exactly.

Axon transforms and floats up to the ceiling of the dome and tries to pass through.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage