New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IC-Ponine

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: IC-Ponine

Spoiler
    Show
    3rd person for ease of Hunger Games Channel integration.

Ponine smiles as she walks on stage and waves to the crowd, before performing a twirl for the cameras, showing off her shimmering silver floor length dress, a magnificent creation that really highlights her lithe, athletic figure; her ideal weight is a stark contrast to the often undernourished tributes from other districts.

Spoiler: Dress
    Show

With one last wave, Ponine takes her seat, perching on its edge and leaning far forward to answer Caesar's questions with an expression of indomitable earnestness.

"It's easy to be determined when you've been preparing for it all your life Caesar. To a degree I've already been victorious; Instead of some poor unprepared unfortunate culled from a district in fear of the Reapings I and Pyrom stand before you strong. Prepared. No-one else would stand as strong a chance as we do. And thanks to our sacrifice our district is free of fear and prospers on the Capital's Tesserae. No matter what happens in the games I can die knowing I made a difference."

"And I can still make a difference."

Ponine casts her gaze over the crowd, holding individual gazes wherever she can.

"I know these games don't often bring out the best in us. We see it every year. There can only be one winner, so only the hardest, most ruthless can hope to beat the odds. To be the one survivor. What use in the arena are things like friendship? Integrity? Honour? Well I'm not ready to let those things go."

"I intend to fight with honour. Anyone who needs help I will aid. Anyone who needs protecting I will protect. To those who would prey on the weak; I'm coming for you. To those who would join me - we will stand together! And if the gamemakers want their victor they will have to kill us themselves, so that whoever is left may know they held fast to virtue; that they may stand tall and know they never compromised their heart. That will be my gift."

"For the memory of Mirri, who would have been here and done the same if only she'd had the chance."
    Ponine looks directly into the camera, dabbing away a tear with the back of her hand. "Mum, Pa. Kaylee, Esha Joa. Danyal. I'm sorry. I don't think I'll be coming home." Ponine dabs again at the tears which are now streaming down her face. She glances to Caesar as though seeking rescue.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: IC-Ponine

"Phew! What an interview, viewers. That's got to be one of the more interesting ones, am I right?" The audience shouted that he was, indeed. "Oh, good. Glad to know I still got it. Wouldn't want a mid-life crisis right on stage, would I? Though we have another life crisis to talk about: the dangerous decision of our next interviewee, District 4's beautiful offering of Ponine Wilder!" The crowd, now well relieved of the previous awkward tension, gives a hearty welcome to Ponine.

The two sit down, chat a little bit as the applause dies down, and Caesar throws out the first question. "So, I know you're a career tribute, and you've got a lot of training... I mean, just look at the muscles on her!" Crowd laugh. "And she still manages to look quite lovely, I should add." Crowd adoration. "But there's something about your face, something fierce. Where do you get your determination from, Ponine?"

Ponine smiles as she walks on stage and waves to the crowd, before performing a twirl for the cameras, showing off her shimmering silver floor length dress, a magnificent creation that really highlights her lithe, athletic figure; her ideal weight is a stark contrast to the often undernourished tributes from other districts.

Spoiler: Dress
    Show

With one last wave, Ponine takes her seat, perching on its edge and leaning far forward to answer Caesar's questions with an expression of indomitable earnestness.

"It's easy to be determined when you've been preparing for it all your life Caesar. To a degree I've already been victorious; Instead of some poor unprepared unfortunate culled from a district in fear of the Reapings I and Pyrom stand before you strong. Prepared. No-one else would stand as strong a chance as we do. And thanks to our sacrifice our district is free of fear and prospers on the Capital's Tesserae. No matter what happens in the games I can die knowing I made a difference."

"And I can still make a difference."

Ponine casts her gaze over the crowd, holding individual gazes wherever she can.

"I know these games don't often bring out the best in us. We see it every year. There can only be one winner, so only the hardest, most ruthless can hope to beat the odds. To be the one survivor. What use in the arena are things like friendship? Integrity? Honour? Well I'm not ready to let those things go."

"I intend to fight with honour. Anyone who needs help I will aid. Anyone who needs protecting I will protect. To those who would prey on the weak; I'm coming for you. To those who would join me - we will stand together! And if the gamemakers want their victor they will have to kill us themselves, so that whoever is left may know they held fast to virtue; that they may stand tall and know they never compromised their heart. That will be my gift."

"For the memory of Mirri, who would have been here and done the same if only she'd had the chance."
    Ponine looks directly into the camera, dabbing away a tear with the back of her hand. "Mum, Pa. Kaylee, Esha Joa. Danyal. I'm sorry. I don't think I'll be coming home." Ponine dabs again at the tears which are now streaming down her face. She glances to Caesar as though seeking rescue.[/QUOTE]

Caesar appears by her side, suddenly, having used a trick of the cameras to bring along a little device, too. Small, black, rectangular... what... what is this? "I see where you get that determination, now. Perhaps we could give you just a little more, before the games? Is there... someone you want to call?" He holds up the device. It's some sort of radio, but if it's going to communicate with the districts, it'd require Caesar to send one to her family. Which would also mean he'd known what was about to happen.

"I don't get to do this often, Ponine... but you've got one last chance to say goodbye. What will you do with it?"
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII