New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeon City IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Aeon City IC

Panicked I think, though one thing at a time, we get fur man calmed down first. he calmly states, slowly extending his arm in Feral's direction approaching him.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2014-01-09 at 08:36 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Cupid looks at the Phantom, a mischievous grin on his face. "If I had pockets though, our friendly neighborhood size-changer would have a far less exciting ride!" he says with a chuckle. "Say, do you have a superhero name yet?" he asks Beth.

"Mischief!" Paul says, looking around the room. Be didn't know anything about magic, but wasn't a circle with runes bad? They aren't going to get trapped or something, are they?

"What the hell do the runes mean?" he says, going behind her and using her arm to point since the things are so damned hard to see. Really, he'd probably just gotten lucky, but he didn't need to tell everybody else that.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2014-01-09 at 12:40 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

The Feral's growl turns into a snarl, and he snaps at Sentinel, though the teeth get nowhere close - a warning, then. "Not like. Not right. Bad. Bad!" His nostrils flare and his ears swivel, trying to catch his surroundings and figure out just where he is.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

You're in the museum, the thing on your hand can send you anywhere on earth. he states to Feral, halting in place.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2014-01-09 at 09:30 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

5. - Top - End - #65

BardGuy

The Feral turns its head slightly to look at the Sentinel. "In not-den?" He inhales sharply, and his ears turn down. "Strange smells. Too much." He shakes, head to tail, like a dog exiting the water. "Not like," He says again.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, calm down just take in the new place.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67

BardGuy

The Feral takes half a minute, panting, to grow used to the new place, the new scents and sounds, the new feel to the air.

"Bad pack gone," he growls, more calmly. "Smell faint. Other smells strange. Hard to tell."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Can the Feral walk through the museum, taking 20 on perception checks throughout the whole thing in order to track down anything that might be found?

8. - Top - End - #68

OrcBarbarianGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Mischief!" Paul says, looking around the room. Be didn't know anything about magic, but wasn't a circle with runes bad? They aren't going to get trapped or something, are they?

"What the hell do the runes mean?" he says, going behind her and using her arm to point since the things are so damned hard to see. Really, he'd probably just gotten lucky, but he didn't need to tell everybody else that.
    "What're you... oh. Well lookie here!" Madame Mischief gives Cupid an odd look as he points her arm at the carpet before noticing what he's pointing her at. "Hmm, let's see. Eeeenteresting. Don't worry, it's not a trap and it won't summon Satan - for starters, you need a live goat for that. It's the remnants of a portal. And if I'm reading these marks right, which... well, that remains to be seen, a portal that took a shortcut through another dimension. Not a portal from another dimension - they started here and ended here, but they... tunneled through a parallel world on their way. The mystical, metaphysical version of driving though a back alley to avoid traffic."

"Give me a little time, I could probably reopen this - course, that could also right into whatever world they passed though, which would make for a lousy detour."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's save that as a Plan B then." Cupid says. Fighting things from another dimension sounds bad. "You did good," he tells Madam Mischief, geniunely impressed."If you have the time I might need you to check something out for me." For once, he's not making a move. Maybe she could tell him about his damn bracelet.

Still, they should figure out this crime first so he can proceed to enjoy his night.

Hey, mutt," he shouts at the Feral. "Be a good boy and track down the baddies, alright?"

Show

10. - Top - End - #70

BardGuy

The Feral stares into Cupid's eyes and bares a few very large, sharp teeth. His ears pull up toward the top of his head, both pointed toward Cupid. "Stupid Least. Talk too much." He doesn't move.
    Last edited by hobbitguy1420; 2014-01-09 at 07:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"Look buddy," Cupid says, taking a step back, glad that he had drawn an arrow. What were you supposed to do with bears? Look big? He extends his wings, making a magnificent white wingspan. "We all contribute. Robocop beamed us in. Miss Magicpants told us what the runes I found meant. You're the one with a dog nose, so use your powers and do your damn job."

Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Weren't you listening? Bad pack gone, the robbers made it out some time ago. he replies gruffly and dismissively to Cupid.

Turning to Marie, he continues, Mischief, take your time with that portal I think a detour would be unappreciated. a tone of authority in his voice.

Spoiler
    Show
    He teaches, hints at his day job is fun.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2014-01-09 at 07:34 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

BardGuy

The Feral looks at the Silver Sentinel and nods, his lips closing around his teeth in a smug smile.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Phantom
    The Phantom nods approvingly at the man in gold armor, as he breaks up the squabbling pair. This was not the most promising start...
    Quote Originally Posted by Propagandist View Post
    "Give me a little time, I could probably reopen this - course, that could also right into whatever world they passed though, which would make for a lousy detour."
    "If you are unable to reopen it safely, see if you can trace their exit location. These Shifters let us get there without having to follow the exact road they took." Phantom says as he kneels down to get a close look at the runes. While he may not be able to understand them, being able to recognize similiar runes in the future would probably be useful.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-01-09 at 09:34 PM.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Once inside, Beth clambers out from Cupid's trousers and deftly descends his leg. She leaps from Cupid and expands in mid-air, reaching her normal and natural size once again. She catches herself beaming at her successful feat and shyly turns her face from Cupid as she addresses his question:

"Oh, I, um... I'm kind of in the market."

The suggestive trip into the museum has her a bit flustered, but once the investigation begins in earnest, Beth is all business. She stays a few steps back from the more learned teammates and watches the exits for signs of movement, falling naturally into the role of protector. She notes the discord between Cupid and the fearsome man-beast, hoping to help resolve it, if possible, down the line. Nothing like a rift between members to throw an otherwise effective squad off its game.

Beth stays alert and attentive to Mischief's explanation, trying her best to follow along with her limited knowledge. Her input is an uncertain expression and a raised eyebrow. This was getting pretty surreal, pretty fast.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Phantom
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    "First night out eh? Well we all have to start somewhere." The Phantom says. The way he talks, you would never guess he had been at this for only a month or so. He ponders possible names for a size changer. "Perhaps, take something based on Excel (XL). Maybe even Excel-Lass (XLS), although I personally think Excel-Girl sounds nicer."

Spoiler
    Show
    Alternate text:

"Well, thats a rather... uh... unique name. Pleased to meet you Miss Kind-of-in-the-market."
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-01-09 at 11:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Admiral View Post
    Weren't you listening? Bad pack gone, the robbers made it out some time ago. he replies gruffly and dismissively to Cupid.

Turning to Marie, he continues, Mischief, take your time with that portal I think a detour would be unappreciated. a tone of authority in his voice.

Spoiler
    Show
    He teaches, hints at his day job is fun.
    "Honestly, I was trying more to get his mangy smell out of here, but that works too," he says, slowly edging away from the mutt. "Anyways, how do we know they're all gone?"

Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    "Power Suit is on the right idea. You could always go with a classic -Gargantua, Giga, or my personal favorite, Maximista. That one should get the news, and might even net you some TJMaxx commercials. Hardly glamorous, but we all have to start somewhere."

Show

18. - Top - End - #78

BardGuy

"Scent is old. Stale. Bad pack gone." He takes another big sniff. "Burnt. Sweat. No soap."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Torrent

"Ben! Bubbie! I got somethin' for ya! High profile, lotsa news vans on their way! Perfect opportunity to show off yer new duds! It's at the museum on Blahblah Street, the big one. If you get off your tuckus you can make it! So get crackin'! Love ya! <click>"

The message ended and Benjamin Blake a.k.a. Torrent grinned, tucking his cell phone into his belt. He'd already been admiring himself in the mirror when his new agent, Morrie, had called with the news. All he had to do was add a set of expensive shades (Yeah, he wore his sunglasses at night. So what.) and he was downstairs in the garage revving the engine of his newest rented car. A man of Ben's means could afford a new set of wheels every week if he wanted, and this time it was a brand-spankin'-new Ford Mustang, 2014. The V12 in the sports package roared as he tore off down the road.

He parked a few streets over and then strolled right through the police tape in his highly visible gold and white uniform, waving and smiling to the news cameras. "Don't worry, folks. I'll take it from here!" he said, waving off any officers that tried to get in his way and walking right through the museum's front doors. He stomped around loudly, not disguising his footsteps and whistling to himself, until he found the other heroes already there or they found him.

"Yo, I'm Torrent. So, people, what's the situation?" he flashed a smile to everyone and took off his shades with a flourish.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

"Bad guys used some kind of magic mumbo jumbo to jump in here. My beautiful assistant is trying to track it back where they cam from," Cupid says, tossing a wink at Madam Mischief as he says so. "Then it's standard hero stuff. Kick ass, make it back in time to hit last call."

"Say, what brand are those sunglasses? Oakley?"
    he asks, genuinely interested and smirking at his trick question of sorts. The answer could determine his entire opinion of the man. He seemed to be trying to pull off classy, but did he have the hardware to back it up?

Show

21. - Top - End - #81

BardGuy

The Feral snarls at the newcomer. "Who? You bad pack?" It steps forward, interposing itself between Torrent and the rest of its pack. "You pack, you say. You not pack, you go!"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Torrent

"Magic, huh? Cool! I love magic!" he chuckled. "Don't know the first thing about it, but Harry Houdini...the guy was a boss. You certainly fill out the stage getup better than Houdini, though, Miss Magic." he said, giving Madam Mischief an appraising look. Then he turned his attention back to the guy in the speedo.

"Please, they're Louis Vuitton." he answered Cupid's question offhandedly, probably not realizing or not caring that he was being tested for class.

Then the feral...thing got really aggressive and started getting in his face, demanding something about a pack. "Down, puppy." Torrent waved at it. "I don't know what you're barking about, but I'm one of the good guys." he said flippantly. "And geez...bee-tee-double-ya, you need a breath mint. Phew!" he added, waving his hand in front of his face as if to clear the air. He produced a pack of Life Savers from his belt and offered them to Feral.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Good taste in women? Check. Classy sunglasses? Check. Insulted the mutt? Check. He didn't exactly like him trying to put the moves on Madam Mischief, but, to put it frankly, this man couldn't hold a candle to him in the looks department. He wasn't quite as classy either, but it would do.

Cupid walks over to the man, putting an arm over his shoulder. "Cupid, Archer of Love and all that. Millionaire playboy too, but that's not nearly as fun. What exactly do you do? Lasers? Super speed? Mind control?"

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Torrent

"Heyyy, man after my own heart. Nice speedo. Makes a statement." he chuckled, giving Cupid a compliment. He let himself get steered away from the hairy guy in order to diffuse any developing violence he might have started there. "Let's just say you should stand behind me if anyone starts shooting at us, eh, wings?" he answered somewhat cryptically.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2014-01-10 at 02:44 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey man, tights. They go all the way down," Cupid says, gesturing at his legs. "Speedo isn't exactly classy, you know? And I can do that. Happy to let other people take the bullet for me. Much easier to stay looking good without bullet holes."

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Keith groans in exasperation, were these heroes or his class he asked himself, as he grunts, "Start acting like actual adults, I know teenagers who act more mature than you. This is a shifter, teleporter and communicator, may save your life." retrieving the red bulky watch strapped to his belt and tossing it to the newcomer.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2014-01-10 at 02:55 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Cupid slaps Torrent on the back. "We'll talk later. Maybe you can come by my place sometime," he says, walking over to Madam Mischief.

"Any progress?" he asks. Tonight just kept looking up it seemed!

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Torrent

Torrent raised an eyebrow at and snatched the shifter out of the air with a swipe of his hand. "No one asked you, bullet-head. Learn to unclench a little, alright?" he smirked at Silver Sentinel. "You know, as long as we're giving unsolicited advice and all..."

He shrugged and strapped the bulky, unfashionable watch-thing around his wrist, already wondering when he was going to accidentally break it. With the shenanigans he got up to it was only a matter of time. Shifter, huh? he thought as he started messing with it experimentally. Sounds techy and...bored now. he stopped after only a few moments, content to ignore the device's existence from then on.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2014-01-10 at 03:04 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Phantom

At the arrival of another "fellow hero", a large figure wearing a leather trenchcoat over a gleaming silver and green battlesuit, stands up from examining the runes on the carpet. He turns to introduce himself to the newcomer "I am the Phantom, tinkerer extraordinaire"
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

BardGuy

The Feral snarls at Torrent. Another one. This isn't a pack, it's a litter of foolish cubs.

He walks over to the Silver Sentinel, not taking his eyes off of the annoying ones. "One search," he says. "Not want bad pack hide. Howl if find." And with that, he hunches down, begins to snuffle, and wanders away from the "pack."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gonna take 20 to search the building, top to bottom. This gives me a perception check of 41, if allowed. If I can't take 20, I'll make it a Routine Check, giving me 31.
    Last edited by hobbitguy1420; 2014-01-10 at 08:36 AM.