New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS characters as Magic Cards

Blue direct damage is an ancient thing that only came back in Time Spiral for two instances: a 'look how dumb we were guys' reprint of Psionic Blast, and a Sliver that does that as a reference to past design. Sorry :P
    3DS Friend Code: 3067-5674-0852. Currently running: Emerald.

Latias, Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre promised to JustPlayItLoud for a shiny Gastly, Gulpin, Frogadier, and Dedenne. Regirock, Regice, Registeel up for grabs.

Spoiler: Living Shinydex Progress 31/718 Newest Shiny: Buneary
    Show
    Gen I: 9/151
    Gen II: 6/100
    Gen III: 7/135
    Gen IV: 3/107
    Gen V: 3/156
    Gen VI: 2/69

Come visit World's Finest Gaming on Tumblr or Facebook or even our Youtube channel and watch me stream!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatonesungod View Post
    wow, i want a judge friend
    Hi. Let's be friends.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by marq View Post
    Hi. Let's be friends.
    yay, friends

4. - Top - End - #274

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Loreweaver15 View Post
    Blue direct damage is an ancient thing that only came back in Time Spiral for two instances: a 'look how dumb we were guys' reprint of Psionic Blast, and a Sliver that does that as a reference to past design. Sorry :P
    I'd just make it a gold card, because blue/red combination burn is fine.

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by Khay View Post
    True enough. It's a shame MtG has no real way to represent alignment.
    I'm actually rather happy it doesn't, because, inevitably, they'd associate it with one color. This way, every color can be both good and evil and have real personality to it. For example, Black is where individualism and ambition come from.

Quote Originally Posted by orrion View Post
    As long as it also does something Blue :P
    Last edited by Loreweaver15; 2014-01-15 at 03:15 PM.

Latias, Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre promised to JustPlayItLoud for a shiny Gastly, Gulpin, Frogadier, and Dedenne. Regirock, Regice, Registeel up for grabs.

Show

Come visit World's Finest Gaming on Tumblr or Facebook or even our Youtube channel and watch me stream!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

@Loreweaver: Thanks for that. I knew about the cycling power but not about how the balance between card types has changed, tbh i'm used to developers being less and less proactive and interested in fixing moderate to minor flaws so long as their game remains popular.

Ok a few more card's, possibly too far the other way now but lets give it a shot.

Power Word: Kill

2BB

Instant

Destroy all Tapped Enemy creatures with a converted mana cost 6 or less.

Power Word: Stun

3UU

Sourcery

Tap all permanents controlled by opponent, they do not untap during the next untap step. All affected creatures gain:

Pay 1: Untap this Card, then this card looses this ability.

Durkon Thundershield

3WWW

Creature - Dwarf Cleric

WWW: Target blocking or attacking target creature takes 5 Damage

2W: Target creature you control gains +3/+1 until next Upkeep

3W: Return target creature with converted Mana cost 6 or less to battlefield from your graveyard

4WW: Shuffle all Creatures in Target Player Graveyard into that players Library

2: Regenerate Durkon

4/4
    Last edited by Carl; 2014-01-15 at 05:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post

2BB

Instant

Kill all Tapped Enemy creatures with a converted mana cost 6 or less.
    correction, destroy all,

3UU

Tap all enemy permanents, they do not untap during the next untap step. All affected creatures gain:

Pay 1: Untap Creature and remove this ability.
    what card type is this, also its things your opponent controls, not enemys, also it should be 1: untap this creature, then this creature looses this abillity

Durkon Thundershield

3WWW

Creature - Dwarf Cleric

WWW: Single Blocking or Attack Creature takes 5 Damage

2W: Single Friendly Creature gains +3/+1 until next Upkeep

3W: Return Single Creature with converted Mana cost 6 or less to battlefield from your graveyard

4/4
    As above with the friendly, the mana cost is too high, it should be lower for the revive, and u dont need to designate single, say target attacking or blocking blah blah blah also the numbers are too high as well as durkons mana cost, and direct damage isnt one of whites abillitys

8. - Top - End - #278

The Empress of Blood, RR3
    Legendary Dragon Queen, 1/6
    If a creature dealt combat damage by The Empress of Blood is destroyed, put a +0/+1 gorge counter on The Empress of Blood.
    R3: The Empress of Blood gains flying and +1/+0 for every gorge counter on it until end of turn.
    TWWW: Destroy target creature unless its controller pays 3. If the target is destroyed, The Empress of Blood gains a +0/+1 gorge counter.
    "Can I eat that one?"
    Last edited by Thomar_of_Uointer; 2014-01-15 at 04:47 PM.
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

@Ryu: That's from an article obviously written before PC came out, and says nothing about the attitude he's consistently taken towards the set in recent years, especially when answering color pie questions on his Tumblr (very useful resource, that!) I apologize for not sourcing my claim; I'd have to sift through dozens of pages of answered questions to find specific Planar Chaos references. The colorshifted cards in PC were the 1% I was mentioning; direct color shifts of old cards weren't even consistent in reason, as fixing the color pie discrepancy (i.e. Prodigal Sorcerer>>>Prodigal Pyromancer) only covers some, and things like Rathi Trapper are things that just are not Black's to use. The rest are things that the design team generally avoids repeating, such as Dash Hopes. Some of it has also shifted back in recent years; You'll notice that Groundbreaker shifted Ball Lightning from red to green, but it's now back in Red's slice of the pie.
    The shifting back is more about Planar Chaos's shifts being a "one time thing" in a general sense, also Rathi Trapper is totally fitting in black, swamps got lots of things to trap folks with, and Dash Hopes was not a shifted card, black getting things that are sadistic choices is quite in color, and black has a history of getting cards that are out of color for a price, about the only thing I have never seen black do is enchantment destruction.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thomar_of_Uointer View Post
    If a creature dealt combat damage by The Empress of Blood is destroyed, put a +0/+1 gorge counter on The Empress of Blood.
    R3: The Empress of Blood gains flying and +1/+0 for every gorge counter on it until end of turn.
    TWWW: Destroy target creature unless its controller pays 3. If the target is destroyed, The Empress of Blood gains a +0/+1 gorge counter.
    "Can I eat that one?"
    Yes, Yes you may, FIREBALL

11. - Top - End - #281
    Barbarian in the Playground

There has been a handful of not-quite-ancient cards that sorta bent the rule. On the overall, you are, of course, right.

As long as it also does something Blue :P
    Sure, I can see Psteve as UUR or 1UR even URR (he's a rebel who doesn't play by anyone's rules!), but I was a little stymied as to what "blue" ability would be fitting. Flash, perhaps? 10 creature-only damage at instant speed with a drawback for a deck that has to include Red... I have no idea if that's balanced. And I'm not sure if Flash is so clearly a blue ability. Flying? Pff. Evoke? Uh, no. Forecast for some small amount of damage? Ehh. Madness? Vanishing? Phasing? Overload would fit flavour-wise (it'd turn him into a sort-of board-wiper) but according to the article I'm reading, it's mostly on Red cards? Bah, silly Psions.

I'm actually rather happy it doesn't, because, inevitably, they'd associate it with one color.
    Also a good point - they probably would. I dunno, I guess I just like flavour. It's surprisingly difficult to replicate some of D&Ds quirks in a different rule-space, it turns out.

12. - Top - End - #282

@Loreweaver: Thanks for that. I knew about the cycling power but not about how the balance between card types has changed, tbh i'm used to developers being less and less proactive and interested in fixing moderate to minor flaws so long as their game remains popular.

Ok a few more card's, possibly too far the other way now but lets give it a shot.

2BB

Instant

Kill all Tapped Enemy creatures with a converted mana cost 6 or less.
    Properly templated, this would instead read "Destroy each tapped creature you don't control with converted mana cost 6 or less." It's an interesting effect, and the pros and cons are both very heavy, so I--

--Does that say 'instant'? Oh boy! It's time for Lesson 2 on why Instants Are Powerful: OPTIONS.

Let's say I have three different things in my hand that I can cast for four mana. One makes the opponent discard cards, one puts a creature into play, and one is Power Word: Kill. If all three of these resolve at sorcery speed, I have to pick one, do it during one of my main phases, and tap out completely, leaving myself open to whatever my opponent wishes to do. However...

If each of these can resolve at instant speed, what I can instead do is this: Pass my turn. During my opponent's turn, I can wait and see what he or she does, determining what the best course of action for my available options is, and then do whatever I want in response to my opponent taking an action. They cast a card that puts a creature into play for each card in their hand? Force them to discard their hand in response. They attack my undefended board with all of their creatures? Power Word: Kill. They do nothing, correctly surmising that I have something in my hand that I'm waiting to cast, and not wanting to bait it out until they have better answers in hand? I do whatever I want at the end of the turn anyways.

Generally, board wipes that cost less than seven or eight mana operate at Sorcery speed, because while creatures are weaker than spells they're still a viable win strategy and instant-speed wipes should be both rare and difficult to cast. Now, a term you'll commonly hear for these is WOG--this comes from the card Wrath of God, an old staple, which has been phased out in favor of stuff that doesn't shaft regeneration, much like the Terror>Doom Blade shift. WOGs come in many flavors, but they're almost always White, and they bottom out at four mana without extreme penalties. The three best WOGs are generally WOG itself, Supreme Verdict, and a little Planar Chaos ditty called Damnation. Damnation is immediately relevant to this card for obvious reasons--similar effect, identical mana cost. Now, Damnation is a very, very powerful card that the design team has quietly avoided reprinting, and even so it destroys all of your creatures, too. Let's see what they (and EDH players, who often HARDCAST the the following card!) thought an enemies-only Damnation should be costed at:

Nine mana.

At sorcery speed.

Yeah, that's a really powerful ability. It is, however, mitigated by two factors: a threshold above which nothing dies, and the narrow requirement that it be tapped creatures. Still, a very powerful card, and I'd honestly recommend shifting this to 3BW at least, because screwing with and destroying tapped creatures is primarily one of White's tricks. (So is direct damage to attacking creatures, Ryu, which we'll get to in a minute.)

3UU

Tap all enemy permanents, they do not untap during the next untap step. All affected creatures gain:

Pay 1: Untap Creature and remove this ability.
    Properly templated, this reads: Tap all permanents you don't control. Those permanents don't untap during their controllers' next untap step. Until creatures tapped this way become untapped, they gain "1: Untap this creature."

I'm torn, because the untap ability, while very narrowly usable by your opponents, mitigates the power level somewhat, but you're basically forcing everybody else to skip their next turns. I guess five mana is a good spot for this, though.

Durkon Thundershield

3WWW

Creature - Dwarf Cleric

WWW: Single Blocking or Attack Creature takes 5 Damage

2W: Single Friendly Creature gains +3/+1 until next Upkeep

3W: Return Single Creature with converted Mana cost 6 or less to battlefield from your graveyard

4/4
    Yes, damage to attacking or blocking creatures IS in White's slice of the color pie. As a repeatable ability, I think three white mana is a fair cost for it, but I'd have to playtest it to be sure. The second ability is likewise fairly costed; however, as a repeatable effect, the Resurrection ability is way, way undercosted. I'd recommend either adding a Tap clause to it or increasing the mana cost--preferably the former. The fourth ability is in White's pie, but I think it's kind of superfluous, especially since there's so little space left for text. He's also probably too heavy on physical power as compared to toughness. So, my version of the card:

Durkon Thundershield

3WWW

Legendary Creature--Dwarf Cleric

WWW: Durkon Thundershield deals 5 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.

2W: Target creature you control gets +3/+1 until your next upkeep.

3W, Tap: Return target creature with converted mana cost 5 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.

W: Regenerate Durkon Thundershield.

2/4

Also, for bonus fun:

Durkon, the Fallen

3BBB

Legendary Creature--Dwarf Cleric Vampire

Lifelink

Whenever a creature dealt damage this turn by Durkon, the Fallen dies, return it to the battlefield under your control and it becomes a black Vampire in addition to its other creature types.

3B, Tap: Return target creature with converted mana cost 5 or less from a graveyard to the battlefield.

BBB: Durkon deals damage equal to its power to target attacking or blocking creature. Put a +1/+1 counter on Durkon.

B: Regenerate Durkon.

3/5

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    The shifting back is more about Planar Chaos's shifts being a "one time thing" in a general sense, also Rathi Trapper is totally fitting in black, swamps got lots of things to trap folks with, and Dash Hopes was not a shifted card, black getting things that are sadistic choices is quite in color, and black has a history of getting cards that are out of color for a price, about the only thing I have never seen black do is enchantment destruction.
    I wasn't saying that Dash Hopes was a shifted card, I was saying that it wasn't something the design team wanted Black to have a lot of access to--because, as you've said, these were one-time things that are not meant to be indicative of the actual place those abilities have in the color pie. Rathi Trapper is an ability out of color for flavor reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomar_of_Uointer View Post
    "Can I eat that one?"
    This is actually an interesting take on the character, but I'd like to point you to the Devour mechanic, which I think is perfect for our rotund reptilian empress and accomplishes exactly what you want to do with her. Her last ability is miscolored, however. Here's my proposal for fitting her into the Devour mechanic, and if you'd rather I experiment with Gorge counters, I'll be happy to:

The Empress of Blood

3RR

Legendary Creature--Dragon

Devour 1

3R: The Empress of Blood gains flying and +1/+0 for each +1/+1 counter on it.

RRR, Tap: Destroy target creature with power less than The Empress of Blood's. Put a +1/+1 counter on The Empress of Blood.

1/5

Quote Originally Posted by Khay
    There has been a handful of not-quite-ancient cards that sorta bent the rule. On the overall, you are, of course, right.
    Prodigal Sorceror is from Alpha, Fledgling Mawcor is from Time Spiral (aforementioned rule-breaking for references) and Psionic Gift is from 2001. Still, blue absolutely gets cards that do direct damage if they red/blue cards!

Okay, poasting this BEFORE I CAN'T STOP THE QUOTE PILE FROM GETTING TALLER

Show

13. - Top - End - #283

AssassinGuy

Yes, damage to attacking or blocking creatures IS in White's slice of the color pie.
    Durkon, the Fallen

3BBB

Legendary Creature--Dwarf Cleric Vampire

Lifelink

Whenever a creature dealt damage this turn by Durkon, the Fallen dies, return it to the battlefield under your control and it becomes a black Vampire in addition to its other creature types.

3B, Tap: Return target creature with converted mana cost 5 or less from a graveyard to the battlefield.

BBB: Durkon deals damage equal to its power to target attacking or blocking creature. Put a +1/+1 counter on Durkon.

B: Regenerate Durkon.

3/5
    Don't argue for color pie and then violate the color pie.

14. - Top - End - #284

Prodigal Sorceror is from Alpha, Fledgling Mawcor is from Time Spiral (aforementioned rule-breaking for references) and Psionic Gift is from 2001. Still, blue absolutely gets cards that do direct damage if they red/blue cards!

Okay, poasting this BEFORE I CAN'T STOP THE QUOTE PILE FROM GETTING TALLER
    I wouldn't call 2001 ancient in the sense that Collector's Edition is, and Prodigal Sorcerer was a Core Set staple for some time... though you are, of course, completely right in that there's no way these things would be printed nowadays. U/R is probably the way to go!

(And you cannot stop the text wall!)

Vampires, combat and +1/+1 counters do go way back.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

I nominate loreweaver as new offical planeswalker of this thread, all in favor??

16. - Top - End - #286

I didn't say it was only in White's slice, I was refuting the assertion that it wasn't there at all. As it is, one of the ways that the real designers like to bend the color pie is to corrupt or alter the original abilities of a changed character for the new card; Durkon's defensive sniping becomes a venue for him to utilize his vampiric thirst.

Show

17. - Top - End - #287

AssassinGuy

I didn't say it was only in White's slice, I was refuting the assertion that it wasn't there at all. As it is, one of the ways that the real designers like to bend the color pie is to corrupt or alter the original abilities of a changed character for the new card; Durkon's defensive sniping becomes a venue for him to utilize his vampiric thirst.
    Oh, I'm fully away of the Vampire tendencies in Magic. I just don't like he can be out of combat to do that.

Vampires, combat and +1/+1 counters do go way back.
    Yes. That ability is usable out of combat.

Anyway, more cards. Bandit-inspired themes, and others inspired from specific comics:

Damnit. Recruitment should be XWW.
    Last edited by orrion; 2014-01-15 at 06:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

Yes. That ability is usable out of combat.
    Oh, sorry. Somehow, I imagined a sentence about that creature then doing damage to Durkon - simulating a fight. It may be getting a bit late. I like your Bandit cards, though the Quartersmaster is maybe a bit much, and I don't think there are many non-mana-producing lands anymore.

Also: Maybe? Sorcery-speed pseudo-boardwipe for five but with a drawback and heavy colour components, at instant speed for seven? Too much? Too complicated? I don't even know anymore.

Psteve
    URR
    Legendary Creature - Human Wizard

Kicker - UR
    If Psteve was Kicked, it has Flash.

When Psteve enters the battlefield, it deals 10 damage to target creature, 2 damage to you and 14 damage to itself.

Overload - UURRR

2/2
    Last edited by Khay; 2014-01-15 at 06:41 PM. Reason: templating, yo

19. - Top - End - #289

After mulling it over, 5 damage at will is too much for a repeatable ability, and both version of Durkon should have the mana costs on their Resurrection abilities increased to five or six mana. Also, Khay, the operative words would be to target creature you don't control, so that Overload can replace 'Target' with 'Each'. Not even sure Overload works on creatures, I'll check when i wake up from my nap :P Thanks for the fun discussions, guys, and Christian, you're welcome to critique my designs as much as you want. I'll see you lot later!

Show

20. - Top - End - #290

Also, Khay, the operative words would be to target creature you don't control, so that Overload can replace 'Target' with 'Each'.
    It does target a creature as it is - unless I'm misreading Overload (which is wholly possible), Psteve would end up dealing 10 damage to each creature (including himself, for a total of 24). And an other-players-only sort-of-boardwipe for 5? Eeesh.

Not even sure Overload works on creatures, I'll check when i wake up from my nap :P Thanks for the fun discussions, guys, and Christian, you're welcome to critique my designs as much as you want. I'll see you lot later!
    Nap well - I do think you've earned it. Thanks for all the information/critique/general textwalling; it was quite enlightening!

21. - Top - End - #291

It does target a creature as it is - unless I'm misreading Overload (which is wholly possible), Psteve would end up dealing 10 damage to each creature (including himself, for a total of 24).
    Sorry, meant to emphasize target creature you don't control, as the text of Overload reads: You may cast this for its Overload cost. If you do, replace each instance of the word 'target' with the word 'each' :P The point of Overload is to turn targeted shafting into general massacres.

Show

22. - Top - End - #292

Sorry, meant to emphasize target creature you don't control, as the text of Overload reads: You may cast this for its Overload cost. If you do, replace each instance of the word 'target' with the word 'each' :P The point of Overload is to turn targeted shafting into general massacres.
    Ohh, I see. That makes a lot more sense.

Now I have it - nevermind that complicated stuff with the old-fogey keywords! Psteve is fresh, new, radical and exciting!

Psteve
    1URR
    Legendary Creature - Human Wizard

When Psteve enters the battlefield, it deals 8 damage to target creature you don't control, 3 damage to you and 12 damage to itself.

When Psteve leaves the battlefield, draw a card.

Overload - 1UURRR

2/2

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thanks for the critique Loreweaver.

Power Word Kill:

I'd already guessed at a lot of what you raised, (though the example cards put it into much better perspective), but again Duels comes back to haunt, in duels i rarely attack with more than a couple of creatures at a time so it wouldn't get that many usually. But if more competitive players are more likely to throw full attacks about i can see why it would need to go up, tap was meant to be the balancing factor for the low cost, whilst the mana limit is meant to keep a mid mana card from rendering upper end creatures ultra weak, (it's something i'd put on nearly any destroy or exile card that didn't have another major compensating factor or a much sharper price). TBH i only made it black at all because it's necromancy in D&D off the top of my head, it could be pure white if that would be more appropriate.

Power Word Stun:

Yeah that was kind of the idea, you can put a serious set of brakes on an opponent, but being able to untap stuff does let him at least defend himself and blue AFAIK is very counter focused already and not the strongest offensive deck either which i felt was an important counterbalance.

Durkan:

If you think 5 is too much, feel free to reduce as well. It's only meant to represent his umbigous lightning bolt.

With the revive, (representing Heal), i was trying to give a repeatable way of getting stuff back, but again without letting you pull the biggest baddest stuff you can find back for low mana, but i guess i should have thought a little harder, for a one shot it would probably be ok, for a repeatable, less so, especially with a 6 limit, that's the zone where the low end big guys with funky tricks come in, that might be a fine cutoff for a destroy, but not necessarily a rez. And yeah, text heavy card, the last is supposed to be actual resurrection and was thrown on for fun and profit and all that jazz. (Regenerate is spontaneous cure's btw).

Anyway another idea:

Counterspell

Enchantment

Shroud

This card cannot be countered.

You may counter any counterable card or ability except for creature cards and equipment cards by casting and then exiling any card with a higher converted mana cost than the card or ability you wish to counter.

UUU: Tap: Add a counter to this card. For every Counter on this card treat all your cards as having a converted Mana cost 1 higher than they actually have.

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    Not sure the cost is right. Yes it's a can't get rid of job that's coulourless and allow's unlimited counter's of everything but creatures and equipment, but it also requires more expensive cards from the counterer unless your blue and invest a lot of mana and time in it (and blue has a lot of other counter options anyway), it's also expensive enough at 6 that it's not a quick card.
    Last edited by Carl; 2014-01-15 at 08:16 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

time to start on that theros transformation i promised a while back

lets start with the rares

IN THE WHITE CORNER

Celestial archon-Being of pure law and good
    complete copy

Chained to the rocks-Hrmm, i dont know

Elsbeth, Sun's Champion-

Fabeled Hero-Roy Greenhilt
    copy+ legendary creature

Gift of Immortality-Rune of Resurrection
    complete copy

Heliod, God of the Sun-The Twelve Gods
    Indestructible
    As long as your devotion to white is less than five, Heliod isn't a creature. (Each {W} in the mana costs of permanents you control counts toward your devotion to white.)
    Other creatures you control have vigilance.
    {2}{W}: Put a 2/2 white Knight creature token onto the battlefield.
    Hrm not bad

Hundred Handed One-Hundred-Head Hydra
    Copy, greenwhite

Soldier of the Pantheon-no clue here Edit: maybe o-chul

Spear of Heliod-Twelve Form Shield
    Monocolored Creatures get +2/+2.
    Multicolored Creatures get -2/-2.

And in the BLUE CORNER

Artisan of Forms-Girard, Illusion Master
    copy+legendary+whenever he becomes a copy he gains the illusion creature type, because illusion tribal bros

Bident of thassa- same as thassa

Curse of the Swine-Mass Baleful polymorph
    higher cost copy, makes them lizards not pigs, 1/1

Master of Waves-huh

Meletis Charlatan-some kind of sorcerer, or maybe V

Prognostic Sphinx-welp

Shipbreaker Kracken-that fiendish octopus that redcloak summons
    complete copy, needs better name

Swan Song- no clue here

Thassa, God of the Sea- no clue what to put here, suggestions

AND IN THE BLACK CORNER

Abhorrent Overlord-Demonic Overlord
    copy but red and 2/1 fiend tokens with flying

Agent of the Fates- no idea here Edit: maybe goblin ninja

Erebos, God of the Dead- i got this one....LADIES AND GENTLEMEN PRESNETING: NERGAL, God of Death
    copy, but deathtouch instead of opponent cant gain life

Hero's Downfall- Falling Damage
    complete copy

Hypthonia the cruel-no clue here, maybe Xykon, maybe

Nighthowler-insert idea here

Thoughtsieze-.... either Superb Dispelling or Energy Drain, both total copys

Whip of Erebos- Nergal's Blade, copy- second abillity destroys stuff instead of reviving stuff

AND IN THE RED CORNER

Anger of the gods-Meteor Swarm, copy the damages

Ember Swallower-insert idea here

Hammer of Purphoros-Thor's Hammer
    copy+ second ability deals damage instead of tokens

Labyrinth Champion-Dungeonquesting PC
    total copy

Purphoros, God of the Forge-Thor, God of Lighting
    copy+ final ability is +2/+0 for 3 mana

Rageblood Shaman-does this sound like redcloak to anyone: Redcloaked Minotaur
    total copy

Stormbreath Dragon-Ancient Black Dragon
    Copy all but black

Titan of eternal fire-insert idea here

AND FINALLY IN THE GREEN CORNER

Anthousa, Setessan Hero-i dont know

Arbor Colossus- still dont know

Boon Satyr-huh

Bow of Nylea-nope

Nylea, god of the Hunt- still got nothing

Mistcutter hydra-nuh uh

Revered Hunter-not even here

Sylvan Caryatid- OHH i got this one, Lillian, of the trees
    total copy

got one other

Polukranos, the world eater-THE SNARL
    copy 5 colored with dominion monstrous

AND THE MULTICOLORED CORNER

Anax and Cymede- got nothing here

Ashen Rider- nope

Ashiok- not in this book dude

Daxos of Meletis- sounds like roy also, hmm oh well

Fleecemane Lion-please insert another idea

Medomai the Ageless- not today

Polis Crusher- uh no

Prophet of Kruphix-THE ORACLE BRO, or maybe Sangwan
    total copy

Psychic Intrusion- sorry nope

Reaper of the Wilds-no as well

Steam Augury-nope

Triad of Fates-sangwan or the oracle, whichever isnt prohphet of kuphrix

Tymaret, the Murder King, also maybe xykon

Underworld Cerberus-well then

Xenagos, the Reveler- dont start

Artifacts here

Akroan Horse-what

Colossus of Akros-nope

pyxis of Pandemonium- well no

Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx- something involving legendary creatures

skiping temples

and thats it, wow not as many as i had hoped, very open to suggestions, paticularly for ones i didnt hit
    Last edited by thatonesungod; 2014-01-16 at 05:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

AssassinGuy

Anyway another idea:

Counterspell

Enchantment

Shroud

This card cannot be countered.

You may counter any counterable card or ability except for creature cards and equipment cards by casting and then exiling any card with a higher converted mana cost than the card or ability you wish to counter.

UUU: Tap: Add a counter to this card. For every Counter on this card treat all your cards as having a converted Mana cost 1 higher than they actually have.

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    Not sure the cost is right. Yes it's a can't get rid of job that's coulourless and allow's unlimited counter's of everything but creatures and equipment, but it also requires more expensive cards from the counterer unless your blue and invest a lot of mana and time in it (and blue has a lot of other counter options anyway), it's also expensive enough at 6 that it's not a quick card.
    You'd need to rename it, if nothing else. There's already a "Counterspell" in Magic, though my understanding is that they haven't printed it in forever because it was eventually deemed too powerful.

Also, I'm pretty sure Enchantments don't tap.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Lien, Shark-Mounted Paladin

2WB

Legendary Creature - Human Soldier

Islandwalk, protection from red, protection from black.

If none of your opponents control islands, Lien, Shark-Mounted Paladin gets -2/-2

5/5

(You probably want to have Reef Shaman along with her on the field)
    ----
    Last edited by Cerussite; 2014-01-15 at 09:38 PM.
    I'm a paladin. I'm immune to fear. If you see me running, you'd better keep up.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Also, I'm pretty sure Enchantments don't tap.
    they can, just not very often

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by thatonesungod View Post
    they can, just not very often
    Rather, while they experimented with the idea, they generally avoid it unless the enchantment is ALSO something else, i.e. an artifact.

Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Rather, while they experimented with the idea, they generally avoid it unless the enchantment is ALSO something else, i.e. an artifact.
    like the spear

30. - Top - End - #300

Yes, exactly. Now, to bring some life back to the topic:

Ring of Regeneration

Artifact--Equipment

Remove all damage from equipped creature as steps and phases end.

Equip--1
    Last edited by Loreweaver15; 2014-01-17 at 05:00 PM.

Show