New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] The Trotting Dead-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XVI

"Don't make me wait too long boys.....I am awfully parched for your sweet moist kisses," She purred and stretched on the table with a dopey smile and puckered her lips and made kissy gestures once more.

By the time they are able to complete this part of the plan and trap the mare alone inside. She scrunched her muzzle and eventually opened her eyes. "Hey.....where is everyone?....I need my kisses~.." She flipped over and hopped off of the table and tried to open one of the doors. She throatily growled when it didn't as she knocked on the door. "Come on boys....this isn't funny....let me out....I demand HPKs, Captain's order and stuff....why the heck do we have doors that lock from the outside only..." She knocked on the door again.

"Cooome oooon...let me oooout..."
    She whined.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Night Jewel pocketed the rod and nodded. "That does help, since you're only half-blind instead of all blind when your eye is still adjusting. I used some tricks like that before I figured out my invisible light spell. And now I'm thinking I should practice purely-blind movement more; even if I don't need it now, it usually doesn't hurt to keep skills honed."

"Wouldn't making light invisible make it not work?"
    Staccata asks. As an earth mare, the closest she gets to fancy 'can't be seen' light sources are light amplification enchantments. Which are either bulky or expensive.

Although in retrospect selling off those contacts that worked well a while back before arriving in town may not have been a good idea, but the rogue does enjoy a financial transaction or two.

Huh! It seems some locals care little for formalities.

"Commander Blueshield. I have found a guest that you may wish to inspect."

Blueshield pushed open the door and stepped inside.

"Come in, Miss Scoops. I assume you wish to handle your own introduction?"
    Scoops doesn't waste much time slipping past Blueshield into the room, pretty obviously about to go long-winded. This is exasperated by the gasp for air before she begins to speak.

"Whadda Scoops, Registered reporter with the New Colt Times. Or the Manehatten Post. Or actually this may end up one of those sort of freelance things."
    Whadda rushes over to shake Tyrol's hoof. The griffon rolls his eyes and keeps to a different side of the room.

Scoops, of course, hasn't stopped to breath.
    "I'm here to find out what's been going on in the town. Lots of stuff going on. Of course our good friend here already explained some ground rules. I know where to draw the line, I'm not some fresh ex-paperfilly. Although that's where I started, but that was way back long ago. Point being I'm here to GET SOME TRUTH."

The griffon exits quickly, leaving Tyrol alone.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Don't make me wait too long boys.....I am awfully parched for your sweet moist kisses," She purred and stretched on the table with a dopey smile and puckered her lips and made kissy gestures once more.

By the time they are able to complete this part of the plan and trap the mare alone inside. She scrunched her muzzle and eventually opened her eyes. "Hey.....where is everyone?....I need my kisses~.." She flipped over and hopped off of the table and tried to open one of the doors. She throatily growled when it didn't as she knocked on the door. "Come on boys....this isn't funny....let me out....I demand HPKs, Captain's order and stuff....why the heck do we have doors that lock from the outside only..." She knocked on the door again.

"Cooome oooon...let me oooout..."
    She whined.
    "No can do, Capt'n..." Silverpine panted, leaning against the door from the outside. That was too close!

"Now what, Sandy?" he asked, glancing at the small engineer at the other end of the corridor.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Scoops doesn't waste much time slipping past Blueshield into the room, pretty obviously about to go long-winded. This is exasperated by the gasp for air before she begins to speak.

"Whadda Scoops, Registered reporter with the New Colt Times. Or the Manehatten Post. Or actually this may end up one of those sort of freelance things."
    Whadda rushes over to shake Tyrol's hoof. The griffon rolls his eyes and keeps to a different side of the room.

"I'm here to find out what's been going on in the town. Lots of stuff going on. Of course our good friend here already explained some ground rules. I know where to draw the line, I'm not some fresh ex-paperfilly. Although that's where I started, but that was way back long ago. Point being I'm here to GET SOME TRUTH."

Tyrol quickly regretted trading the griffon's surly presence for this hyperactive reporter. No good could come from this. He carefully extracted his hoof from the reporter and coughed, adjusting his armour. "Um, well, ma'am. That kind of depends what kind of truths you're looking for. The Captain isn't keen to share things he thinks are too important for th' public to know..." Well, that last sentence might have been a tactical error.

Hopefully Blueshield could at least help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Joyous shifts his hooves atop the table, as though he'd rather be doing anything else with them to kill some of the awkwardness of the moment. "I used to be a lot of things. Almost none of them still apply."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I cast resurrection on this scene! Pinging Kelvin and Merellis.

"... what were y-you used t-to be?" Pulp Fiction asked, eyes wide, leaning forward slightly in apparent interest.
    Last edited by Grif; 2015-02-25 at 10:50 AM.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "No can do, Capt'n..." Silverpine panted, leaning against the door from the outside. That was too close!

"Now what, Sandy?" he asked, glancing at the small engineer at the other end of the corridor.
    Sandy was pressed against his door, as if he was afraid the lock might fail at any moment and unleash an uncomfortably affection horror upon the both of them. "...get a bucket of ice water? Wait it out?" He offered with a timid shrug.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy was pressed against his door, as if he was afraid the lock might fail at any moment and unleash an uncomfortably affection horror upon the both of them. "...get a bucket of ice water? Wait it out?" He offered with a timid shrug.
    "... I think we should wait it out. At least for the meantime." Silverpine heaved a sigh and slumped against the door. "I feel bad for locking her in like this..."

6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground

"You should feel bad!" Cried out Gear's voice from the other side. "Come on babe...let me out....I have many kisses to share with both my boys. I'll even do the thing you like with my muzzle Lieutenant!" Gearstride banged at the door for a bit.

"I even have my mane down right now~!"

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

"You should feel bad!" Cried out Gear's voice from the other side. "Come on babe...let me out....I have many kisses to share with both my boys. I'll even do the thing you like with my muzzle Lieutenant!" Gearstride banged at the door for a bit.

"I even have my mane down right now~!"
    "No uh! Not listening until you calmed down, Captain!" Silverpine said, plugging his hoofs around his ears. Though he did turn a little red at the muzzle thing.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

"No uh! Not listening until you calmed down, Captain!" Silverpine said, plugging his hoofs around his ears. Though he did turn a little red at the muzzle thing.

"Oh Lieutenant...but I cannot be calmed....I am on fire and I desire my boys to keep...something pun....Look....I promise you won't regret it...in the moment,"
    She called out from the other room, and thumped her hoof on the door.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Creepy Creepy Forests

Dawnstrider allows Staccata, Night Jewel and their guide to continue with their conversations as he sees fit. He busies himself leveling his gaze with the area around them, occasionally allowing the magic of his helmet to leap to his eyes, although interference is to be expected.

...On the other hoof, maybe you're not so good at this deduction thing, because you seem to be misjudging me a lot. This is just for fun, to see what you make of her.

Additional insights on how to deal with her are just a bonus.
    Don't blame the mathematician if you change the equation in the middle of their calculation. I doubt you'd put up with me if I knew everything about you, and I'd rather a few things remain a mystery. If there's one thing about you I can judge with relative certainty, it's that you'd as soon not be an open book. That said, I can't really talk in detail about Blueshield from the precious little interaction I've had with her. I just know about her pride and what you're putting off in her regard.

You feel another smile from her end of the conversation. Your...interesting relationship doesn't really do much to elucidate the matter. And...incidentally, I hope I'm not being insulting.

"Of course! I don't use bows a lot myself, but there's ponies 'round here that like 'em, so I've got good stocks of arrows. A few crossbows too, but not many just bows. I don't do as much with the wood. It tends to catch fire or break when ya put it through forgin' and hammerin', ya know!" Blades chuckled. "Still, I think I got one in the back. Flare, could ya fetch it?"

"As you wish, Mistress."

Flare trotted off into the back room, then returned with a small bow and a quiver of arrows.

"Ah, good! It's not a big ol' longbow. Those things take forever to learn. So, why don't ya take it out, find a target and take a few shots? If ya want, it can either be movin' or not movin', or I could make a movin' target not movin'..."
    Arvadraa's eyes flash with a pleasant anxiety that is difficult to discern. It may not have anything to do with Horne, however, as when she speaks, her voice is entirely her own. "I think I have an idea..."

She and Stellar exchange a glance, and the younger pony rolls her eyes, grabbing a passable replica of the metal chunks they had used before to assist Night Jewel with her experiments. "So turnabout is fair play, huh?"

Arvadraa slings the arrows over her back and takes up the bow. It takes a bit of time for her to nock the arrow properly, but she doesn't show any real strain when she finally draws back the shaft, taking aim at the lump. "I thought it was a nice touch. Shift it so the misses don't hit anything important?"

Stellar moves aside, taking aim parallel to a stone wall adorned only by blueprints of her projects. "Good -- pull!" The piece of metal is whipped with frightening speed across the room, where it collides with an anvil and falls with a startling cacophony. Arvadraa's projectile missed by a mile, rebounding harmlessly off the wall, leaving the flutter pony to blink in shock.

"Vampires won't move like cold sparrows and neither should you. You've got two heads in there, Brains; think fast." She moves to pick up another piece.

"... what were y-you used t-to be?" Pulp Fiction asked, eyes wide, leaning forward slightly in apparent interest.
    Boon frowns and matches her gaze, though without any real intensity. "What gives you the right to ask? What makes me so fascinating?" He pauses, then visibly bites his tongue and adds, "not a condemnation, just a question."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

10. - Top - End - #550

Tyrol quickly regretted trading the griffon's surly presence for this hyperactive reporter. No good could come from this. He carefully extracted his hoof from the reporter and coughed, adjusting his armour. "Um, well, ma'am. That kind of depends what kind of truths you're looking for. The Captain isn't keen to share things he thinks are too important for th' public to know..." Well, that last sentence might have been a tactical error.

One would expect another massive tirade and explosion of questioning from Scoops. Except instead of that she simply moves closer to Tyrol. Whadda doesn't say anything but just waits for some sort of followup with a creepy smile and unerring eye contact.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #551
    Bugbear in the Playground

Boon frowns and matches her gaze, though without any real intensity. "What gives you the right to ask? What makes me so fascinating?" He pauses, then visibly bites his tongue and adds, "not a condemnation, just a question."
    "Sorry 'bout her curiosity, comes with the profession. Though you ain't by far the most awkward attempt at an interview," Bitter pounds the table with a heavy hoof and a boisterous laugh. "She tried to question some troublemakers while they were tryin' to rob us! The looks on their faces were just grand!"

Perhaps getting the subject shifted to something a little more ridiculous would work out fine.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

Creepy Creepy Forests

Dawnstrider allows Staccata, Night Jewel and their guide to continue with their conversations as he sees fit. He busies himself leveling his gaze with the area around them, occasionally allowing the magic of his helmet to leap to his eyes, although interference is to be expected.
    Show
    Welp, time to get to somewhere!

Presumably Purple Prose was still scouting ahead, as they moved deeper into the forest. Their surroundings seemed to only grow darker as the trees towered over them in large, hefty trunks.

"We ... ah... should be close," Windy spoke up timidly, behind Staccata. "Just a little further..."

One would expect another massive tirade and explosion of questioning from Scoops. Except instead of that she simply moves closer to Tyrol. Whadda doesn't say anything but just waits for some sort of followup with a creepy smile and unerring eye contact.
    "... ma'am?" Tyrol asked, suddenly tugging an imaginary collar as the mare inched closer. He looked away carefully. "... y'know this isn't going to work, right?" The stallion started to reach a hoof back for his regulatory spear. Anything to put some distance between himself and this obviously slightly unhinged mare.

"Oh Lieutenant...but I cannot be calmed....I am on fire and I desire my boys to keep...something pun....Look....I promise you won't regret it...in the moment,"
    She called out from the other room, and thumped her hoof on the door.
    "... please don't tempt me, Captain. You're not yourself..." Silverpine groaned, leaning against the door.

He quickly gestured at Sandy. "Mr Shores, why don't you go look for our other crewmembers. Maybe they can help with this... predicament."

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    "Sorry 'bout her curiosity, comes with the profession. Though you ain't by far the most awkward attempt at an interview," Bitter pounds the table with a heavy hoof and a boisterous laugh. "She tried to question some troublemakers while they were tryin' to rob us! The looks on their faces were just grand!"

Perhaps getting the subject shifted to something a little more ridiculous would work out fine.
    Pulp Fiction seemed to pinken at Bitter's quip, holding her beret down a little to cover what she could of her embarassed face. "... I t-thought they were reasonable ponies..."
    Last edited by Grif; 2015-03-03 at 10:11 AM.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Pulp Fiction seemed to pinken at Bitter's quip, holding her beret down a little to cover what she could of her embarassed face. "... I t-thought they were reasonable ponies..."
    "It's better to assume you're dealing with decent folk; it's more likely." Boon replies, in quite the contrast to his mood. "Telling a funny story sometimes works, I'm told. They still probably tried to keep robbing you, though."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's better to assume you're dealing with decent folk; it's more likely." Boon replies, in quite the contrast to his mood. "Telling a funny story sometimes works, I'm told. They still probably tried to keep robbing you, though."
    "... yeah, it didn't. Though um... Bitter d-did leave them tied up in a tree afterwards..." Pulp glanced over at her larger companion. "I hope they're o-okay..."

15. - Top - End - #555

"... yeah, it didn't. Though um... Bitter d-did leave them tied up in a tree afterwards..." Pulp glanced over at her larger companion. "I hope they're o-okay..."
    "Ahm sure they managed to slip out eventually, though not sure how well they'll be robbin' with all their weapons dumped into a river." She says with another rough laugh. "And as fer decent, can't assume that too often in my line o' work."

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ahm sure they managed to slip out eventually, though not sure how well they'll be robbin' with all their weapons dumped into a river." She says with another rough laugh. "And as fer decent, can't assume that too often in my line o' work."
    "I'm going to regret asking this, but why not?"

17. - Top - End - #557

Show

Presumably Purple Prose was still scouting ahead, as they moved deeper into the forest. Their surroundings seemed to only grow darker as the trees towered over them in large, hefty trunks.

"We ... ah... should be close," Windy spoke up timidly, behind Staccata. "Just a little further..."
    Staccata perks up and is looking forward into the shadows. Hoof prints, discarded items, anything that shows another group of ponies has been through the area. The whole nature setting isn't the most comfortable situation, but there's still the normal amount of rogue-caution that can be applied.

In particular, this sort of situation seems rife for tripwires.

"... ma'am?" Tyrol asked, suddenly tugging an imaginary collar as the mare inched closer. He looked away carefully. "... y'know this isn't going to work, right?" The stallion started to reach a hoof back for his regulatory spear. Anything to put some distance between himself and this obviously slightly unhinged mare.

"Buuuuuuuuuuuut don't you think ponies in Equestria deserve to know what's going on all across Equestria?"

Unhinged or not, Scoops doesn't seem too very threatening and is mostly just creating a situation that is really... awkward.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

"Buuuuuuuuuuuut don't you think ponies in Equestria deserve to know what's going on all across Equestria?"

Unhinged or not, Scoops doesn't seem too very threatening and is mostly just creating a situation that is really... awkward.
    Show
    Waiting for the others to post before responding to Staccata.

"I... ah, that's not for me to decide, ma'am," Tyrol replied, swallowing heavily again. Luna help him, this wasn't in his job description. He tried shuffling some papers instead. "If you like, I can go see if the Captain would see you or not."

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

"... please don't tempt me, Captain. You're not yourself..." Silverpine groaned, leaning against the door.

He quickly gestured at Sandy. "Mr Shores, why don't you go look for our other crewmembers. Maybe they can help with this... predicament."
    "Listen t'the Liuetenant, Cap'n; it's all for your own good." Sandy pleaded. "There's a protocol about that somewhere, right?"

He nodded along to Silverpine, and - after fetching a large, potted plant and jamming it in front of his door - he galloped off after Lucky and Gwen. Surely they'd had some experience with something like this, right?

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

"Come on lieutenant...give into your temptation and bring Sandy with you!~...At the very least oblige me and lean in towards the door~"
    She teasingly said and ran her hoof down the side of the door indicating she was right there, so close yet out of reach.

"Listen t'the Liuetenant, Cap'n; it's all for your own good." Sandy pleaded. "There's a protocol about that somewhere, right?"

"I only know of Protocol HPK and it must be adhered to, let me out~"

Quote Originally Posted by AmishPirate
    He nodded along to Silverpine, and - after fetching a large, potted plant and jamming it in front of his door - he galloped off after Lucky and Gwen. Surely they'd had some experience with something like this, right?
    Sandy would find, at least Gwen in the process of trying to sneak out of the Cirrus. When Sandy got her attention she grinned like she just got caught stealing a cookie from the cookie jar. "Heeey...there you.."

21. - Top - End - #561
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Wouldn't making light invisible make it not work?"
    Staccata asks. As an earth mare, the closest she gets to fancy 'can't be seen' light sources are light amplification enchantments. Which are either bulky or expensive.

Although in retrospect selling off those contacts that worked well a while back before arriving in town may not have been a good idea, but the rogue does enjoy a financial transaction or two.
    "Only if it's invisible to everyone," the filly chuckled. "I can see it myself, but no other creatures I've met can."

Don't blame the mathematician if you change the equation in the middle of their calculation. I doubt you'd put up with me if I knew everything about you, and I'd rather a few things remain a mystery. If there's one thing about you I can judge with relative certainty, it's that you'd as soon not be an open book. That said, I can't really talk in detail about Blueshield from the precious little interaction I've had with her. I just know about her pride and what you're putting off in her regard.

You feel another smile from her end of the conversation. Your...interesting relationship doesn't really do much to elucidate the matter. And...incidentally, I hope I'm not being insulting.
    All right, I'll give you that one. Still, I try to be the carefree filly I look like, and you know one of my big secrets anyway, so I will try to loosen up a bit around you.

So, if you're not up to figuring Bluey out just yet, maybe you could look for clues? Ask a few ponies who have seen her more than you have? I could give some tips myself, but I'd rather see how you do on your own.

Show

"Ah, good. The sooner I get to meddle in Doth's plans, the better."

Night Jewel stepped closer to Windy. "Say, what are you going to do while we're in there? You didn't really come up in the plans."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    Arvadraa's eyes flash with a pleasant anxiety that is difficult to discern. It may not have anything to do with Horne, however, as when she speaks, her voice is entirely her own. "I think I have an idea..."

She and Stellar exchange a glance, and the younger pony rolls her eyes, grabbing a passable replica of the metal chunks they had used before to assist Night Jewel with her experiments. "So turnabout is fair play, huh?"

Arvadraa slings the arrows over her back and takes up the bow. It takes a bit of time for her to nock the arrow properly, but she doesn't show any real strain when she finally draws back the shaft, taking aim at the lump. "I thought it was a nice touch. Shift it so the misses don't hit anything important?"

Stellar moves aside, taking aim parallel to a stone wall adorned only by blueprints of her projects. "Good -- pull!" The piece of metal is whipped with frightening speed across the room, where it collides with an anvil and falls with a startling cacophony. Arvadraa's projectile missed by a mile, rebounding harmlessly off the wall, leaving the flutter pony to blink in shock.

"Vampires won't move like cold sparrows and neither should you. You've got two heads in there, Brains; think fast." She moves to pick up another piece.
    Blades looked around, her eyes darting from the metal to the anvil to the arrow to Arvadraa and back again.

Finally, she said, "That maybe was a lil' bit too much of a tricky shot to start. Ya know, it's easier to hit something big 'n slow than something small 'n fast... Hey, Flare, would ya mind steppin' out there 'n-"

"Very much so. I am not an archery target."

"Are ya sure? It wouldn't be hard! Ya'd just walk back 'n forth..."

"I said no."

"No fun as always. Well, Stellar, maybe ya'd better try a lil' bit less force 'til 'Vadraa gets the hang of it. Let's do it again!"

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    Blueshield put a hoof down just firmly enough to get attention. "I suggest a more rigorous practice of self-restraint for both of you. Miss Scoops, please remain outside of Mr. Tyrol's individual boundaries. Mr. Tyrol, please refrain from the usage of such equipment. This should be a formal introduction, and I hold no illusions that repeating a certain incident involving a former superior of mine would be productive for anypony." She spoke with surprising calm, although given what all involved parties knew of her, "surprising calm" may have been anything short of shouting at them.

"I... ah, that's not for me to decide, ma'am," Tyrol replied, swallowing heavily again. Luna help him, this wasn't in his job description. He tried shuffling some papers instead. "If you like, I can go see if the Captain would see you or not."
    "Excellent thinking. He could provide some sources and details on which information is not confidential." Blueshield gave a nod, then turned to Scoops.

"Be prepared to list optimal employments of your capabilities. Even if you are not a combatant, the Captain will want you to make yourself useful if possible."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sandy would find, at least Gwen in the process of trying to sneak out of the Cirrus. When Sandy got her attention she grinned like she just got caught stealing a cookie from the cookie jar. "Heeey...there you.."
    [Aboard the Luv Boat Cirrus]

Lucky is also with Gwen.

Or rather, there's a large cardboard box next to her. According to the invoice stapled to the side, it's supposed to be a shipment of metal gears. However, judging from the fact that it was moving on its own alongside the griffon when Sandy rounded the corners, it is most likely not full of metal gears. That, and...

"Who is it?" Lucky's voice hisses from the box.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

23. - Top - End - #563

Blueshield put a hoof down just firmly enough to get attention. "I suggest a more rigorous practice of self-restraint for both of you. Miss Scoops, please remain outside of Mr. Tyrol's individual boundaries. Mr. Tyrol, please refrain from the usage of such equipment. This should be a formal introduction, and I hold no illusions that repeating a certain incident involving a former superior of mine would be productive for anypony." She spoke with surprising calm, although given what all involved parties knew of her, "surprising calm" may have been anything short of shouting at them.

"Excellent thinking. He could provide some sources and details on which information is not confidential." Blueshield gave a nod, then turned to Scoops.

"Be prepared to list optimal employments of your capabilities. Even if you are not a combatant, the Captain will want you to make yourself useful if possible."
    Scoops backs off enough to give Tyrol some breathing room, and to not be in an odd neck-stretchy pose. She sits for a moment thinking. "Well it would be super-great to talk to the captain as much as possible. Of course I can't just write what you ponies want, because that's not what the press does. Necessary for freedom and continued informed public. Of course I can at least put the official line out there but I'd verify what I can with due process."
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Aboard the Luv Boat Cirrus]

Lucky is also with Gwen.

Or rather, there's a large cardboard box next to her. According to the invoice stapled to the side, it's supposed to be a shipment of metal gears. However, judging from the fact that it was moving on its own alongside the griffon when Sandy rounded the corners, it is most likely not full of metal gears. That, and...

"Who is it?" Lucky's voice hisses from the box.
    Fortunately for the both of them, the superior officer who greets them hardly seems to notice their desertion-in-progress.

Unfortunately for the both of them, that's probably because he looks as though he's run over by several trains.

"Private...er, First Seargent, er...Gwen an' Lucky, we need everypony, um, everybody over to th' conference room, stat!" Sandy babbled out. "Somethin's come over th' Cap'n an' we need a lil' help keepin' her, hrmm, contained, as it were." His cheeks flushed red as he sidestepped around the specifics.

25. - Top - End - #565

"I'm going to regret asking this, but why not?"
    ((Oops, thought I had that posted already! Sorry! ))

"I get paid to make sure this'n can travel wit'out a problem. Not good for a rep if yah let some scoundrel get ideas." She says in an offhand manner, waving over at a server with one of her rather voluminous wings. "Hey there! Lookin' to get some food!"

One of the servers, a brown unicorn with piercing green eyes and a curly mane of white approaches the table, a barely contained frown at this latest in the list of rude customers. "How can I help you today?"

Bitter grins while pulling a sack out of her saddlebags with the familiar clank of coins from within. "Like to get whatever you got for a special, a mug of water, and whatever these two are gettin."

"One CLT and butternut soup with water. And for the rest of you?" She says with a little eye on the sack, wondering if she'd be getting a decent tip for once.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Joyous stares at the pegasus, and it's etched into pretty much every line of his face that, for whatever reason, he doesn't believe a word she's saying. Apparently he's decided it would take too much effort to contest her on any particular point, though, because after a while he simply turns a side-eye on the server and then on Pulp. "A replacement coffee, yeah. Mine got...misplaced."

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

"Come on lieutenant...give into your temptation and bring Sandy with you!~...At the very least oblige me and lean in towards the door~"
    She teasingly said and ran her hoof down the side of the door indicating she was right there, so close yet out of reach.

"I only know of Protocol HPK and it must be adhered to, let me out~"
    "Nope! No, no, no, no. Not listening!" Silverpine flattened his ears and cupped his forehooves to his head, feeling incredibly flustered for some reason. "I'm sorry, Captain, this is for your own good!"

Scoops backs off enough to give Tyrol some breathing room, and to not be in an odd neck-stretchy pose. She sits for a moment thinking. "Well it would be super-great to talk to the captain as much as possible. Of course I can't just write what you ponies want, because that's not what the press does. Necessary for freedom and continued informed public. Of course I can at least put the official line out there but I'd verify what I can with due process."
    Tyrol breathed a sigh of relief. He gestured at the common area vaguely. "I... ah. I'll get the Captain then. Please, take a seat. It might take a while." The guard glanced around, and waved at none other than the ever-present Beayn as he strode into the room, apparently looking for some file or the other. "Hey Beayn. Help me hold down the fort while I go get the Captain, alright?" Before the poor unicorn could respond, he got up and trotted up the stairs to find the Captain.

Spoiler: For Amish
    Show
    A knock resounded on the Captain's door, before Tyrol's head popped in. "Um. Captain. Sorry to bother you, but ah... a reporter type wants to see you? It's about the... incident last week."

((Oops, thought I had that posted already! Sorry! ))

"I get paid to make sure this'n can travel wit'out a problem. Not good for a rep if yah let some scoundrel get ideas." She says in an offhand manner, waving over at a server with one of her rather voluminous wings. "Hey there! Lookin' to get some food!"

One of the servers, a brown unicorn with piercing green eyes and a curly mane of white approaches the table, a barely contained frown at this latest in the list of rude customers. "How can I help you today?"

Bitter grins while pulling a sack out of her saddlebags with the familiar clank of coins from within. "Like to get whatever you got for a special, a mug of water, and whatever these two are gettin."

"One CLT and butternut soup with water. And for the rest of you?" She says with a little eye on the sack, wondering if she'd be getting a decent tip for once.
    Joyous stares at the pegasus, and it's etched into pretty much every line of his face that, for whatever reason, he doesn't believe a word she's saying. Apparently he's decided it would take too much effort to contest her on any particular point, though, because after a while he simply turns a side-eye on the server and then on Pulp. "A replacement coffee, yeah. Mine got...misplaced."
    "... I'll have a pot of jasmine tea please..." Pulp whispers, looking up at the server from the safety of her beret.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Barbarian in the Playground

[South Gate]

Any guards stationed there could be able to notice a figure approaching, the size of a colt, but convered in metal, depending on how informed the guards are, they could most likely recognize it as the colt that warned them of the attack.

He approaches the gate, carrying a shield on the back, along 4 sheathed swords: one with a bright gray color, the rest of a darker color.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #569
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You are not intended to spread falsehoods or other deceit, Miss Scoops. Mere discretion will suffice. In case you have somehow forgotten, we are in a war, and a careless prattler could be as harmful as a genuine spy.

"Now, if we are quite finished, I shall take my leave now. I have business to attend to which directly involves neither local enforcers nor the press. Good day."
    Blueshield turned to leave.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

All right, I'll give you that one. Still, I try to be the carefree filly I look like, and you know one of my big secrets anyway, so I will try to loosen up a bit around you.

So, if you're not up to figuring Bluey out just yet, maybe you could look for clues? Ask a few ponies who have seen her more than you have? I could give some tips myself, but I'd rather see how you do on your own.
    Oh, all right, I'll just take a quick portal to Saddle Arabia. I should be back around midday next...year. In seriousness, I might get somewhere if I just ask her about her life story. Or something of equal relative import, like her organization.

Blades looked around, her eyes darting from the metal to the anvil to the arrow to Arvadraa and back again.

Finally, she said, "That maybe was a lil' bit too much of a tricky shot to start. Ya know, it's easier to hit something big 'n slow than something small 'n fast... Hey, Flare, would ya mind steppin' out there 'n-"

"Very much so. I am not an archery target."

"Are ya sure? It wouldn't be hard! Ya'd just walk back 'n forth..."

"I said no."

"No fun as always. Well, Stellar, maybe ya'd better try a lil' bit less force 'til 'Vadraa gets the hang of it. Let's do it again!"
    "Actually, that's not a bad idea." A deep purple glow envelops Stellar's body, and she steps in front of Arvadraa lengthwise, forcefield shimmering around her. "We can use plate mail later. Get you used to finding weak spots. Fire away."

Almost before the sentence is complete, an arrow finds itself rebounding off the shield next to Stellar's neck, then landing conspicuously close to the discarded hunk of metal. "...That was quick. How long have you been wanting to do that?"

"That's offensive! But a while, now."