New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] The Trotting Dead-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XVI

The guards and civilians of Bridle Shores are treated to the very odd sight of two pony-shaped figures exiting at full-tilt, and sometimes even hovering a few feet off the ground, surrounded by a buzzing cloud of birds, rodents, small mammals, stray dogs, various insects, and a few smoke-riddled amphibians. On the threshold of the guardhouse, they disperse all at once, blanketing the area in a living smokescreen that makes it decidedly unclear which entrance they took.

Around the side of the building, on the interior, Horne aims an arrow out on the street with both eyes open. "Would you care to elaborate on why a hit has been taken out on you? We hate being caught up in those, in case you weren't aware."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    The guards and civilians of Bridle Shores are treated to the very odd sight of two pony-shaped figures exiting at full-tilt, and sometimes even hovering a few feet off the ground, surrounded by a buzzing cloud of birds, rodents, small mammals, stray dogs, various insects, and a few smoke-riddled amphibians. On the threshold of the guardhouse, they disperse all at once, blanketing the area in a living smokescreen that makes it decidedly unclear which entrance they took.

Around the side of the building, on the interior, Horne aims an arrow out on the street with both eyes open. "Would you care to elaborate on why a hit has been taken out on you? We hate being caught up in those, in case you weren't aware."
    "Honestly? I don't know." Tyrol said with a surprisingly nonchalant shrug, his expression sanguine. "And second, that looked less like a hit and more of... something. Iunno. A weird prank. No weapon was drawn-- you can put down that bow by the way-- and I'd expected a lot more ponies were it actually a serious attempt."

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

She awoke, not with a sudden exclamation of a startled mind, nor the sharp gasp that heralded a stunned body, but as though from a long, deep sleep. She remembered going to sleep. She didn't remember this. The ground is cold and hard here, the dirt of the old natural world with the rough cobblestones of an area in which the citizenry has not bothered to expand overmuch. She knows because she lies on it now, soaking it with the blood of several minor and one deep cut on her already-scarred flesh, as though reminders of ancient wounds rended anew.

Arvadraa shivers and tries to blink the tears of pain and haze of fatigue out of her eyes, to little avail. She doesn't know where, but she knows she is in Bridle Shores, still, a small comfort. Her wings flap experimentally until she draws their thin membranes closer to her body, wincing - it feels as though one of them is also torn, if not entirely broken. Around her, there is no evidence of a scuffle, no clue as to why she might have suffered such a catastrophe as is now evident on her skin and fur. Her eyes, pitch black even though the shadow skin that accompanies this shade is absent, scan the ground for anything...something...

But no. No debris, no other bodies. She is simply alone, sprawled in some back alley with wounds to suggest she lost a fight - and badly - but with no memory. No memory...no thought. And a lingering despair. But no shock, not really.

It has been almost a month since they began. At first, it was as though she became lost in her own thoughts. She would stare into space and then realize an hour had passed, just her standing alone until something shook her from reverie. Then came the nightmares, some unseen force chasing her with undeniable malevolence, and a table, a table with handles and claws and shackles and syringes, beckoning her at every turn, but she knew even in dreams that if she lay down, she would cease to exist.

And then, blackouts. Most often during sleep, sometimes without. She would awaken to find herself in a different place, at a different time. Sometimes she was holding something, or in the middle of a task. Blades, Flare and Stellar have absolutely noticed, but most of their measures have come to no avail. Bonds slip away, watchful eyes dim or become distracted long enough for her to disappear. The flutter pony has become like a ghost in her own life. And now this. It isn't surprising. But that doesn't mean she's not afraid.

And so, once again, she hauls herself up and, with clenched teeth, begins the long, painful journey back to Heavy Metal, occasional droplets of blood forming a trail behind her.

---

Heavy Metal

With morning comes the mail. Most of it is common letters, or bills, or the type of friendly greetings Stellar would happily burn, most days. One, however, is a plain envelope addressed to Arvadraa, the very pony absent from the building when everyone awakens. It has no return address. Although, depending on her view, this may not be the most important thing on Blades' plate this morning.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

4. - Top - End - #784
    Dwarf in the Playground

With morning comes the mail. Most of it is common letters, or bills, or the type of friendly greetings Stellar would happily burn, most days. One, however, is a plain envelope addressed to Arvadraa, the very pony absent from the building when everyone awakens. It has no return address. Although, depending on her view, this may not be the most important thing on Blades' plate this morning.
    At the time she got the message, Blades had just finished affixing the head of a giant rat to a pike. She was going through a trying time, and passing animals felt the worst of it. Flare had gone off to find herself, Stellar was occupied, and now Arvadraa was slipping away from her as well. The isolation and restlessness gnawed at her. Although she had managed to occupy herself for a time with keeping up with the shoppe's various orders, trying out new forms of weaponry, writing letters to her parents, and torturing the local wildlife, it was only a matter of time before she snapped completely.

Ominous unsigned mail for her wayward apprentice didn't do much to improve her mood.

"Now what's this on 'bout?" she hissed as she shoved the pike aside. "'Vadraa's got a secret admirer or something? If somepony's botherin' her, I'll put 'em up right next to that big rat." With one swift motion, she drew a knife and sliced the envelope open to see what was inside.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Ms. A.U. -

Enclosed as you requested. For the final time, however, I must warn you of the inherent danger. There are no guarantees of what you're looking for, and the traps won't make it easy on you. My end of the bargain is done. Please don't contact me again.

Inside is a neatly folded treasure map of sort, 'x' marking the spot of some sort of ruin or dungeon in the eastern hills.

This is also, incidentally, around the time when Arvadraa herself shows up, various wounds and all. Her first question is a hazily mumbled "Do we have any water...?" when she gets close enough.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ms. A.U. -

Enclosed as you requested. For the final time, however, I must warn you of the inherent danger. There are no guarantees of what you're looking for, and the traps won't make it easy on you. My end of the bargain is done. Please don't contact me again.

Inside is a neatly folded treasure map of sort, 'x' marking the spot of some sort of ruin or dungeon in the eastern hills.
    Blades flicked her ears. Something about that letter bothered her a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    This is also, incidentally, around the time when Arvadraa herself shows up, various wounds and all. Her first question is a hazily mumbled "Do we have any water...?" when she gets close enough.
    "Oh, hey, 'Vadraa!" Blades immediately brightened up. "The tap's on the left, next to the gunpowder stores. Ya know, I didn't know ya had a last name. What is it?"

Then she noticed the poor flutter-pony's condition. "...What happened to ya, anyway?"
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2016-01-25 at 09:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Oh, hey, 'Vadraa!" Blades immediately brightened up. "The tap's on the left, next to the gunpowder stores. Ya know, I didn't know ya had a last name. What is it?"

Then she noticed the poor flutter-pony's condition. "...What happened to ya, anyway?"
    The flutter pony comes to a grinding halt only once inside, letting her momentum carry her further than she honestly believed she could walk. She leans firmly against a wall and winds up crushing her broken wing, eliciting a loud, painful exclamation as she goes instinctively tumbling away from it and onto the floor, where blood from her injuries begins to pool around her.

"Nngh...Blades?" She shakes her head firmly to clear her eyes, but it isn't apparent whether she can see very well, if at all - her pupils are too well concealed by the uniform blackness. "Can't remember. How bad is it?"

8. - Top - End - #788
    Dwarf in the Playground

The flutter pony comes to a grinding halt only once inside, letting her momentum carry her further than she honestly believed she could walk. She leans firmly against a wall and winds up crushing her broken wing, eliciting a loud, painful exclamation as she goes instinctively tumbling away from it and onto the floor, where blood from her injuries begins to pool around her.

"Nngh...Blades?" She shakes her head firmly to clear her eyes, but it isn't apparent whether she can see very well, if at all - her pupils are too well concealed by the uniform blackness. "Can't remember. How bad is it?"
    "A bangin' mess, that's what it is."

After a moment, Blades trotted over and picked up Arvadraa onto her shoulders. She then carried her into the back to clean and dress her wounds.

"Ya sure it isn't that Horne fellow? 'Cause he's made plenty of trouble for ya before... No squirmin', all right? That'll make this easier."

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

"A bangin' mess, that's what it is."

After a moment, Blades trotted over and picked up Arvadraa onto her shoulders. She then carried her into the back to clean and dress her wounds.

"Ya sure it isn't that Horne fellow? 'Cause he's made plenty of trouble for ya before... No squirmin', all right? That'll make this easier."
    Arvadraa hisses softly at such contact, but holds in any exclamation more severe. Some part of her notes ironically that at least the herbs she's been gathering lately for first aid will find some use. She tries to remain as still as possible and, for the most part, succeeds, give or take a few involuntary twitches, especially where her broken wing is concerned. "I've thought about it. But I also think I'd notice hurting myself this badly."

"Not to mention-"

"No, Horne, stop - it's my mouth." She sighs. "He says he's a tag-along in my body. Everything that happens, he feels and suffers for. If nothing else, I trust that he likes himself enough to avoid his own pain and death."

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

[Outside Heavy Metal]

"... hey, Star. Did you remember this shop being here?" Esmeralda nudged her coltfriend, as they walked past. "Come to think of it, I don't recall the last time we actually walked down this particular street."

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    [Outside Heavy Metal]

"... hey, Star. Did you remember this shop being here?" Esmeralda nudged her coltfriend, as they walked past. "Come to think of it, I don't recall the last time we actually walked down this particular street."
    Lone Star blinked and glanced up at the store, wing draped over his marefriend. I've seen it a few times - mostly when flying - but I've never gone in. He turned his gaze back to her. Why? Did you want to?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Lone Star blinked and glanced up at the store, wing draped over his marefriend. I've seen it a few times - mostly when flying - but I've never gone in. He turned his gaze back to her. Why? Did you want to?
    "Well, I suppose I just have an idle curiosity as to what this particular store sells, and I'm not in any hurry to be anywhere at the moment," she said with a shrug. "So the question becomes, why not?"

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I suppose I just have an idle curiosity as to what this particular store sells, and I'm not in any hurry to be anywhere at the moment," she said with a shrug. "So the question becomes, why not?"
    Lone Star looked up at the sign. Because Heavy Metal means either a very narrow target market or a terrible pun?

They walked in.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #794
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arvadraa hisses softly at such contact, but holds in any exclamation more severe. Some part of her notes ironically that at least the herbs she's been gathering lately for first aid will find some use. She tries to remain as still as possible and, for the most part, succeeds, give or take a few involuntary twitches, especially where her broken wing is concerned. "I've thought about it. But I also think I'd notice hurting myself this badly."

"Not to mention-"

"No, Horne, stop - it's my mouth." She sighs. "He says he's a tag-along in my body. Everything that happens, he feels and suffers for. If nothing else, I trust that he likes himself enough to avoid his own pain and death."
    Once the most severe bleeding was stopped, Blades set up a splint for the wing.

"That's good. Least he's keeping down. Still don't like it. If he's not hurtin' ya, I wonder what is..."

Lone Star looked up at the sign. Because Heavy Metal means either a very narrow target market or a terrible pun?

They walked in.
    Inside, the couple was greeted by a large number of weapon racks, several armour stands, and a severed rat head on display. One wall was lined with a wide variety of polearms, swords of various sizes and shapes were displayed on another, and there were even a few daggers hanging from the ceiling around the edges. In one corner was the furnace, with the anvil not far away. In the back was the door to the living quarters.

Blades perked up her ears. "Huh? Think I heard something."

Still carrying Arvadraa, she trotted out to greet the arrivals.

"Oh, hiya! Ya should've knocked!" She gave Esmeralda and Lone Star an unhinged-looking grin. "Ya here to buy things? I mean, there's not a lot of other reasons ya'd be here... Well, ya'd be here to sell things too. Are ya sellin' things, then? 'Cause that's 'bout the only thing ponies come in here for... Or maybe ya're burglarizin' the place, 'cause ya came in without knockin'..." She drew a knife from her belt, but kept smiling. "So what do ya want? Weapons? Tools? Tools that work as weapons? Armour? Bits? Lil' sharp things embedded in yar skull? Come on, then!"

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Once the most severe bleeding was stopped, Blades set up a splint for the wing.

"That's good. Least he's keeping down. Still don't like it. If he's not hurtin' ya, I wonder what is..."

Inside, the couple was greeted by a large number of weapon racks, several armour stands, and a severed rat head on display. One wall was lined with a wide variety of polearms, swords of various sizes and shapes were displayed on another, and there were even a few daggers hanging from the ceiling around the edges. In one corner was the furnace, with the anvil not far away. In the back was the door to the living quarters.

"Oh, hiya! Ya should've knocked!" She gave Esmeralda and Lone Star an unhinged-looking grin. "Ya here to buy things? I mean, there's not a lot of other reasons ya'd be here... Well, ya'd be here to sell things too. Are ya sellin' things, then? 'Cause that's 'bout the only thing ponies come in here for... Or maybe ya're burglarizin' the place, 'cause ya came in without knockin'..." She drew a knife from her belt, but kept smiling. "So what do ya want? Weapons? Tools? Tools that work as weapons? Armour? Bits? Lil' sharp things embedded in yar skull? Come on, then!"
    Lone Star's return grin was like something out of a bad horror movie. I came here to have my life threatened by a moron, and am not disappointed. Do you accept payment in the form of a broken jaw to the tune of Bon-bon Jovi?

His grin fell off of his face, replaced by dull boredom. Seriously though, we wanted to find out what kind of store this was. Looks like the answer is 'weapons shop.' Got any cannons? I like cannons.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2016-01-31 at 11:20 PM.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star's return grin was like something out of a bad horror movie. I came here to have my life threatened by a moron, and am not disappointed. Do you accept payment in the form of a broken jaw to the tune of Bon-bon Jovi?

His grin fell off of his face, replaced by dull boredom. Seriously though, we wanted to find out what kind of store this was. Looks like the answer is 'weapons shop.' Got any cannons? I like cannons.
    Unnerving and unhinged smile to normal ponies perhaps. To Esmeralda it was merely Smile No. 17, type A. Certainly one she hadn't been expecting, but not entirely unprecedented. She offered Blades a sweet smile in return, and spoke after Lone Star, "Well, that's one question answered, at least." She cocked her head at the sight of Arvadraa, apparently being carried by the earth pony. "What are you doing to that poor pony, might I ask?"

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa looks morbidly surprised in regard to her situation of still being carried about the shop, but clearly lacks the strength to do anything about it. "I'm not poor, I'm an ascetic..." she mumbles in a voice somewhere between Grumpy Cat and Drowsy Chaperone. "And you're blurry. Wait, no, there's blood in my eye. What's happening, should I heat the forge...?"

18. - Top - End - #798
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh, ya want me to break yar jaw? I can do that!" Blades put away the knife and pulled out her hammer instead. "Kind of hard to do it in tune, though..."

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible
    "Wait, ya don't want yar jaw broken? All right, then. I haven't got cannons in stock yet, but I could start makin' one for ya if ya're willin' to wait a while. Come to think of it, I should really be makin' 'em anyway."

Unnerving and unhinged smile to normal ponies perhaps. To Esmeralda it was merely Smile No. 17, type A. Certainly one she hadn't been expecting, but not entirely unprecedented. She offered Blades a sweet smile in return, and spoke after Lone Star, "Well, that's one question answered, at least." She cocked her head at the sight of Arvadraa, apparently being carried by the earth pony. "What are you doing to that poor pony, might I ask?"
    "Oh, 'Vadraa? I was just gettin' her patched up. She's been through rough things."

Arvadraa looks morbidly surprised in regard to her situation of still being carried about the shop, but clearly lacks the strength to do anything about it. "I'm not poor, I'm an ascetic..." she mumbles in a voice somewhere between Grumpy Cat and Drowsy Chaperone. "And you're blurry. Wait, no, there's blood in my eye. What's happening, should I heat the forge...?"
    "Just relax, 'Vadraa." Blades deposited her by the furnace, then lit the fire so that she could be warm.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, ya want me to break yar jaw? I can do that!" Blades put away the knife and pulled out her hammer instead. "Kind of hard to do it in tune, though..."
    Lone Star blinked. What, you're going to pay me? How do you stay in business?

... Eh, I probably can't afford a cannon anyway.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, 'Vadraa? I was just gettin' her patched up. She's been through rough things."

"Just relax, 'Vadraa." Blades deposited her by the furnace, then lit the fire so that she could be warm.
    "Rough things? Those seem a tad more serious than merely rough," Esmeralda observed. Not that she actually cared... much—she was still working on the empathy part—but on an intellectual level, she was curious as well.

"I thought you could at least afford one with all the profits from your bookstore, no?"

21. - Top - End - #801
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, it's not like I just sell! I buy stuff too! If ya've got old weapons or such that ya want to get rid of, I'll buy 'em! Then I can sell 'em to somepony else or melt 'em down to make new things. Or ya could just give me yar old stuff for free. Not a lot of ponies do that for some reason, though. Mostly, they do it when they're runnin' away or bleedin' a lot."

"Rough things? Those seem a tad more serious than merely rough," Esmeralda observed. Not that she actually cared... much—she was still working on the empathy part—but on an intellectual level, she was curious as well.
    "Well, it's not like I can say much more, 'cause I haven't a bangin' clue what happened." Blades shook her head. "But no parts of her are comin' off. That's not bad, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    "I thought you could at least afford one with all the profits from your bookstore, no?"
    Blades got a thoughtful look. "It depends, really. If ya just want a small one with no place to put it, no things to move it with, no shots 'n no powder, I could give it to ya cheap, but ya could only really club things with it. It'd cost quite a bit more if ya wanted a bigger one with wheels, 'n ya'd have to pay for the shot too. Cannonballs aren't that hard to make 'n don't need the really good metal, but they still take quite a bit of iron if ya want enough to fire, 'specially the large ones. Of course, if ya've got a heat source, ya can get smaller cannonballs 'n make 'em nice 'n hot so they expand, 'n they'll set things on fire too! Just don't heat 'em too much, 'cause then they'd blow the whole thing to scrap 'n ya'd have to get a new one."

[Bridle Shores Lake]

Obsidian Flare wandered, looking for a good place to establish herself. She wasn't entirely sure what she should be doing, but felt that she at least needed a place of her own. She was currently considering an obsidian tower above a good network of underground tunnels, where she would have shelter and a suitably grand, archmage-worthy aesthetic. Finding a good position wasn't easy, however; she just couldn't figure out what she wanted.

Eventually, she happened across the lake. Not being the type to just walk around obstacles, she decided to use her powers to cross. She focused her magic on the bottom of the lake, cracking the crust and sending a burst of hot magma shooting up. When the molten rock met the water, it cooled and solidified rapidly, forming pumice. The trapped air bubbles inside allowed it to float, making a raft that could carry her.

As she got into the raft, she contemplated some more. "Hmm... Perhaps a volcanic island? But I would need a large island, and this lake is too small for that..."

It was at this point that she noticed that the pumice wasn't the only thing to come up from the lake bed. She had also floated some old-looking armour to the surface.

"Huh! I know not that there was anything under there." She looked over the armour carefully, and gave it a quick once-over with her magic. "There is power in it. I wonder what it is?"

She brought the armour ashore, not realizing just what she was unleashing.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades shook her head. "But no parts of her are comin' off. That's not bad, right?"
    "Nngh...could've fooled me. We're...making a cannon? Why are we making a cannon?"

23. - Top - End - #803
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bridle Shores Lake]

Obsidian Flare wandered, looking for a good place to establish herself. She wasn't entirely sure what she should be doing, but felt that she at least needed a place of her own. She was currently considering an obsidian tower above a good network of underground tunnels, where she would have shelter and a suitably grand, archmage-worthy aesthetic. Finding a good position wasn't easy, however; she just couldn't figure out what she wanted.

Eventually, she happened across the lake. Not being the type to just walk around obstacles, she decided to use her powers to cross. She focused her magic on the bottom of the lake, cracking the crust and sending a burst of hot magma shooting up. When the molten rock met the water, it cooled and solidified rapidly, forming pumice. The trapped air bubbles inside allowed it to float, making a raft that could carry her.

As she got into the raft, she contemplated some more. "Hmm... Perhaps a volcanic island? But I would need a large island, and this lake is too small for that..."

It was at this point that she noticed that the pumice wasn't the only thing to come up from the lake bed. She had also floated some old-looking armour to the surface.

"Huh! I know not that there was anything under there." She looked over the armour carefully, and gave it a quick once-over with her magic. "There is power in it. I wonder what it is?"

She brought the armour ashore, not realizing just what she was unleashing.
    The armor was silver and gold, with large wings and a blade for the mane. Most certainly combat armor, but seemingly too extravagant for a real battle. It was surprisingly light for its thickness...probably not meant to take many hits, if at all.

A deep voice floated through the air, barely a whisper, as the water drained from the pieces before Flare.

And who is this that has released me from my frozen prison? Do you come seeking power? Fame? The recipe for the best cookies on this continent?

The armor was pulling itself together as the voice began to speak a little gibberish, before the words became logical again as it stood itself up...empty.

Ah, sorry, Luna sent me all into pieces before she froze me and tossed me under the lake. Introductions, of course. I am Simmer, the Meteor Warrior and Maple Muncher. Who might you be?

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, it's not like I just sell! I buy stuff too! If ya've got old weapons or such that ya want to get rid of, I'll buy 'em! Then I can sell 'em to somepony else or melt 'em down to make new things. Or ya could just give me yar old stuff for free. Not a lot of ponies do that for some reason, though. Mostly, they do it when they're runnin' away or bleedin' a lot."

"Well, it's not like I can say much more, 'cause I haven't a bangin' clue what happened." Blades shook her head. "But no parts of her are comin' off. That's not bad, right?"

Blades got a thoughtful look. "It depends, really. If ya just want a small one with no place to put it, no things to move it with, no shots 'n no powder, I could give it to ya cheap, but ya could only really club things with it. It'd cost quite a bit more if ya wanted a bigger one with wheels, 'n ya'd have to pay for the shot too. Cannonballs aren't that hard to make 'n don't need the really good metal, but they still take quite a bit of iron if ya want enough to fire, 'specially the large ones. Of course, if ya've got a heat source, ya can get smaller cannonballs 'n make 'em nice 'n hot so they expand, 'n they'll set things on fire too! Just don't heat 'em too much, 'cause then they'd blow the whole thing to scrap 'n ya'd have to get a new one."
    "Nngh...could've fooled me. We're...making a cannon? Why are we making a cannon?"
    "I believe we have not agreed to making a cannon yet. I mean, as far as I can tell, we have not agreed to any such arrangement. Although... uh, I'm not exactly sure why that topic was ever brought up in the first place. Hm, oh yes, Lone Star wanted one."

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Lone Star shrugged. Eh, forget it. I don't have the bits for it.

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa mumbles sleepily. "Well we...have herbs, repairs, and a crazy underage migrant worker. She's not actually here right now."

27. - Top - End - #807
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    The armor was silver and gold, with large wings and a blade for the mane. Most certainly combat armor, but seemingly too extravagant for a real battle. It was surprisingly light for its thickness...probably not meant to take many hits, if at all.

A deep voice floated through the air, barely a whisper, as the water drained from the pieces before Flare.

And who is this that has released me from my frozen prison? Do you come seeking power? Fame? The recipe for the best cookies on this continent?

The armor was pulling itself together as the voice began to speak a little gibberish, before the words became logical again as it stood itself up...empty.

Ah, sorry, Luna sent me all into pieces before she froze me and tossed me under the lake. Introductions, of course. I am Simmer, the Meteor Warrior and Maple Muncher. Who might you be?
    Flare raised an eyebrow. Something about this seems familiar. I wonder how many others are locked away.

"You speak to Obsidian Flare, archmage of the earth, the oldest and most powerful unicorn alive. I seek purpose and an understanding of just what has been happening the past few hundred years. I must say, I've never seen anything quite like you before."

"I believe we have not agreed to making a cannon yet. I mean, as far as I can tell, we have not agreed to any such arrangement. Although... uh, I'm not exactly sure why that topic was ever brought up in the first place. Hm, oh yes, Lone Star wanted one."
    Lone Star shrugged. Eh, forget it. I don't have the bits for it.
    "No cannons? A pity. It'd be nice to do something new for once."

Arvadraa mumbles sleepily. "Well we...have herbs, repairs, and a crazy underage migrant worker. She's not actually here right now."
    Blades gave Arvadraa a perplexed look. "Wait, are ya thinkin' of sellin' Stellar? She might object to that a lil' bit, 'cause of that whole slavery thing she went through. 'Sides, I thought ya didn't like that sort of stuff either. 'N there's not much of a point to it either..."

After a moment, she turned her attention back to Lone Star and Esmeralda. "Oh, ya're still here. Right, right. Well, I can get ya something else, too. Other good weapons, some armour to protect ya, tools to help ya... What exactly do ya do, exactly?"

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

"No cannons? A pity. It'd be nice to do something new for once."

Blades gave Arvadraa a perplexed look. "Wait, are ya thinkin' of sellin' Stellar? She might object to that a lil' bit, 'cause of that whole slavery thing she went through. 'Sides, I thought ya didn't like that sort of stuff either. 'N there's not much of a point to it either..."

After a moment, she turned her attention back to Lone Star and Esmeralda. "Oh, ya're still here. Right, right. Well, I can get ya something else, too. Other good weapons, some armour to protect ya, tools to help ya... What exactly do ya do, exactly?"
    I write books, occasionally fight by singing and/or this metal wing. He wrapped one foreleg around Es' shoulders and kissed her cheek. Esmeralda's an ice mage and a mercenary. A damn good one, at that.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ettin in the Playground

I write books, occasionally fight by singing and/or this metal wing. He wrapped one foreleg around Es' shoulders and kissed her cheek. Esmeralda's an ice mage and a mercenary. A damn good one, at that.
    A grin and a surprisingly chaste kiss back on his cheek as she regarded Blade. "What he said. Though work has been scarce these days; not much demand for someone for someone of my caliber... or maybe because Icy is the one that usually gets the work." Which was true. Icy was generally regarded as the more stable of the odd pair. She sighed theatrically and leaned against her love. "And so here we are. Reduced to window shopping."

30. - Top - End - #810
    Pixie in the Playground

Flare raised an eyebrow. Something about this seems familiar. I wonder how many others are locked away.

"You speak to Obsidian Flare, archmage of the earth, the oldest and most powerful unicorn alive. I seek purpose and an understanding of just what has been happening the past few hundred years. I must say, I've never seen anything quite like you before."
    "And likely never will again! Though I must say, did you say past few hundred years? Being frozen under a lake with a bed of volcanic glass somewhat muddles ones sense of time. Ooh...thyme...wonder how'd that go with chocolate chips...ah, I do digress."

The armor rattled a little before it seemed to 'set', and when it moved, it moved almost organically, rather than clunkily like heavy armor usually does around a pony. He gave her a little walk around, as if sizing her up.

"Archmage of the earth, you say. Must admit, not a title I ever heard of, nor a name that sparks any memory, not that it's what it once was anyhow."

The wings flicked open and closed a few times, the 'snick' of the bladed feathers rustling getting less noisy with each flick, until there was barely a hiss from them.

"Though my memory of the wind under my wings is quite clear still. Oh, how I miss that feeling. And cake...I miss cake. Oh, especially golden cake. So dense...so moist...so sweet! You wouldn't happen to have any on hoof would you?"

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco