New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Forge of Marid's Fall IC

Cassandra just blinks as she sees Finnegan, completely drunk, before she sighs and walks over, keeping some distance as she calls out, "Finn, you alright?" she asks the clearly drunk man.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Finnegan looks up at Cassandra in his drunken stupor. "Ho hey there Casssowary. What're you doing up this late?" He smells like a week in a distillery and considering Cassandra hasn't seen him in a couple days, it's possible that's where he's been.

3. - Top - End - #123

"It's not even night yet, Finn," Cassandra replies, "was going to look for someone to help with a little problem I've been having, but I think I'm going to bring you to my shop to sober up instead, unless you have somewhere else to be right now."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I'm just going home. Where's the flying cart?" Finnegan looks around loopily. "Hey! What're you doing here? It's a little far from your shop now isn't it? It's going to start snowing soon. You'll get sick!" He seems to be thoroughly sloshed.

5. - Top - End - #125

"How much have you had to drink?" Cassandra asks as she starts leading him towards her shop, "you caused me a little trouble too, a couple thieves broke in to grab the map and books you left behind, if that spell took hold they would have been gone along with all of my stock," she says, trying to get something into his head that'd help him focus a little.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Only a cask or two, I'm sure." Finnegan says as he stumbles and leans on Cassandra suddenly for support. He was much heavier than he looked and nearly pulled her down with him. "I'll be fine after you whip me up some of that miracle cure of yours. Best thing I've ever had."

7. - Top - End - #127

Cassandra sweatdropped, she had a hangover cure from her aunt, but it wasn't something a normal person would use, and she didn't even have the ingredients. Maybe an antitoxin mixed with a couple of the herbs from her healing salve could be used as a cleanser.

"Let's just get you inside for now," Cassandra replies, unlocking the door to the shop along the way to bring Finn inside.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Finn follows her in, stumbling all the way and nearly knocking over several fairly expensive things. "It's not too much trouble, I'm sure." He says, maybe talking to someone who isn't there. "She'll be fine in the morning. Just need to stop being so drunk. Then I can help."

9. - Top - End - #129

Cassandra sits Finn down and gets and antitoxin, steeps some of the herbs she uses in her salves, and uses that to dilute the antitoxin. She gives it a taste, and spits it out immediately, it was bitter. She grabbed a lemon and a small amount of mint and mixed them in to mitigate the bitterness, knowing they wouldn't throw off an antitoxin or the herbs.

Then she went back to hand the concoction to Finn, "this might be able to help clear out your system."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

By the time she brings back her makeshift concoction, Finn is fast asleep... On the floor. Somehow he fell out of the chair without Cassandra hearing him. His snoring, it seemed, was the same whether he was drunk or sober.

11. - Top - End - #131

Cassandra sighs, sets an extra blanket over the downed man, places the drink on the table with a note saying 'for the hangover' then goes back to her shop, she had some time to meditate on her sword's name some more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Truespeech: (1d20+12)[28]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

With some time in the quiet, Cassandra manages to get the sword to give up another part of its name: saefor

13. - Top - End - #133

Cassandra writes down the new part of her swords truename with the rest of it, locks up, checks on Finn, and heads to bed with her thoughts on getting help with the gauntlets and getting some cyrite to mess around with.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

End Day 4

--------------------------------------------------

Start Day 5

The night passes uneventfully and morning soon comes to pass. It feels impossibly dark though for morning and when Cassandra opens her eyes, it's like she needn't bother. It was pitch black.

15. - Top - End - #135

Cassandra grabs the corded necklace and undoes the bag holding the pellet of liquid light.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

The room lights up as it should. There didn't seem to be any reason for it to be so dark. Looking towards the window, Cassandra can see a thick covering of white on the window.

17. - Top - End - #137

Cassandra touches the glass, "even drunk he knew it was gonna snow..." she muttered. She sighed and got dressed before heading downstairs to check on Finn and to put her forge to use warming up the place.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Finnegan is rubbing the sleep from his eyes when Cassandra comes down the stairs. "Your floor is surprisingly more comfortable than the alleys. Less rats too." He looks around in the darkness. "Why is it so dark, it's got to be light out by now." Cassandra notices it's not actually cold, not even chilly in her shop.

19. - Top - End - #139

"You mentioned snow yesterday, and it looks like you were right even if it's the middle of summer and not the least bit cold," Cassandra replies, "if you have a hangover there's a little concoction I made for it. Not sure how well it'll work, but it should purge any lingering alcohol from your system."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I've never had a hangover in my life, I'm not about to start now." Finnegan says, laying back on the floor and stretching out, looking rather comfortable. He freezes and then sits up. "What do you mean I mentioned snow yesterday? Who in their right mind thinks it's going to snow in the middle of the summer? It was so muggy last night I thought I was going to drown on dry land!"

21. - Top - End - #141

"No clue, you were drunk as Baator and I thought you were just saying whatever came to mind, but, well," Cassandra goes over to the door and opens it, "last I checked there was only a white sheet of something in front of the window."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I must have been drunk if I thought it was going to snow. That's just crazy." Finnegan says as Cassandra heads for the door. When she opens it, a wall of white meets her before falling inwards onto her. It's definitely snow, if the sudden cold around her legs is anything to go by.

23. - Top - End - #143

Cassandra grabs a handful of snow, balls it up, and tosses it at Finnegan, "I'd say that's snow, wouldn't you? Funny thing, you were right about it even if you were drunk."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Finnegan yelps as the sudden coldness of the snowball hits him. "Why in the nine hells is it snowing in the middle of the summer? And why would I know about when I'm drop dead drunk?" He eyes the snow with a distrustful glare.

25. - Top - End - #145

"No idea, but it's got us stuck in here, my window on the second floor is snowed shut," Cassandra says, "so unless you wanna try climbing out the chimney, we're stuck in here until we can dig our way out. Got any ideas? If not, I'm gonna grab my coal shovel and start digging," she continues already heading to the forge.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Finnegan just shakes his head. "By all means, dig away." He says as he climbs to his feet and walks up the stairs. Cassandra hears a thump, a muffled swear and then nothing as the sound of the footsteps upstairs stops.

27. - Top - End - #147

Cassandra looks up, "The windows are blocked up there too, Finn," she calls up, "and my room's the only thing up there," she says, following him upstairs, keeping a hold of the pellet of liquid light she used to get around, "plus the trip wire I put in the door after the last time someone tried getting in here," she says reaching the top of the stairs.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show