New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Oblongata Rising: A D&D 4E Campaign (IC)

Fear.

The deck slides under Alaric.

FEAR.

Spoiler
    Show
    ". . . ell out of here! I don't want y . . ."

. . .

. . . spat at him, "I'll give you a head start, for your mother's sake . . ."

. . . looking at me with disgust, I've never . . .

. . .

. . . running, running like I've never run before . . .

Stunned, he barely feels the railing batter him, but the shock of the water wakes him right up. Amidst the fear, he sees he's . . .

In the water. Dragon's still in the boat. And that bastard boatman . . . ohh, what a lovely architecture for a facial explosion! I approve!

He tries to shake off the leftover jitters . . .

Spoiler
    Show
    Saving throw!
    (1d20)[5]

. . . but it's all too much. He's alone, submerged, and feeling thoroughly beaten.
    Last edited by herodofcows; 2014-01-18 at 08:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Aurelios Human Swordmage|Wizard
    Character Sheet | Description

Aurelios continues his rhythmic chanting in Primordial, his free hand shaping the sphere of brackish water as he guides it with the glaive in his other hand. A carp leaps out of the water and begins to flop on the deck of the ship. Aurelios frowns, wondering how he will return it safe to its abode.

He hears to call to send word to Chandler, and whispers into the wind, Chandler, the cargo is a young white dragon and it is not pleased. We have it contained. For now. The air spirits enwrap his words and whisk away in the breeze.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Minor Action: Sustain Watery Sphere.
    Spoiler: Watery Sphere
    Show
    Daily Arcane, Implement, Transmutation, Zone
    Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10 squares
    Target: Each creature in the burst
    Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
    Hit: The target is immobilized and grants combat advantage (save ends both).
    Miss: You must slide the target up to 3 squares to a square adjacent to the burst.
    Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of your next turn. The zone is difficult terrain, and it grants partial cover to creatures on opposite sides of it. You can use a move action to move the zone up to 3 squares. If you do so, any creatures immobilized by this power and in the zone slide up to 3 squares, staying inside the zone. When a creature enters the zone or starts its turn there, you can use an immediate reaction to make the attack against that creature.
    Sustain Minor: The zone persists until the end of your next turn.

Standard Action: Whispering Wind.
    Spoiler: Whispering Wind
    Show
    Encounter Arcane
    Standard Action Personal
    Effect: You cause a breeze to carry a message of up to 25 words or a sound up to 6 seconds long to a place you choose. The destination must be within a number of miles equal to your Intelligence modifier and must be familiar to you, and it must be a location that the wind can reach. Once you complete the message or the sound, the wind travels at speed 5 (or 1 mile per hour) until it reaches the destination, where it conveys the message or the sound regardless of whether anyone hears it.
    Special: You can have one whispering wind active at a time.

Spoiler: Immediate Reaction for White Dragon
    Show
    Trigger: If White Dragon enters the Watery Sphere zone.
    Attack Roll: Intelligence and Half Level +5 plus Enhancement bonus +1 = (1d20+6)[12](18) vs White Dragon Reflex.
    Hit: The dragon is immobilized and grants combat advantage (save ends both).
    Miss: Slide the dragon 1 (or more if necessary) square down or to the side so the dragon is out of the zone and adjacent to the burst.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

As the adventurers either cower in fear or drop into the water below, Ingleozonac lets of a roar that simulates laughter.
    Draconic
    Spoiler
    Show

"What is this? You dare to attack me, but yet you lose the will to fight?"

With that, the dragon whips his tail at the metal grate, sending it flying into the air, a crumbled piece of metal, which sails through the air and lands with a splash in the water. Then, the dragon speaks in Common.
    "I do not fear you, warrior, but the true question is, do you fear me? Come, warrior, fight me. Win the respect of your craven peers!"

Show

Standard: Destroys the grate with its tail
    Move: The dragon rotates 180 degrees
    Minor: Ingleozonac feels hubris as a minor action
    Last edited by Creed; 2014-01-20 at 07:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belle shakes her head, some of the surprise and fear that had paralyzed her actions fading. A shadow passes overhead as one of the party members leaps across the distance to the ship, and seconds later a rope was tossed over the railing towards her.

She needs no second invitation. Reaching up, she grasps the rope in both hands, and pulls!

Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics to climb a rope! DC 10
    (1d20+9)[17]

With a grunt, she lifts herself out of the water, streaming drops pouring off her cloak and matted clothes in miniature waterfalls. She plants her feet against the side of the deck, walking upward as she climbs, hand over hand. The night lights up as an explosion rocks the water, fire exploding where the old boat keeper had been. Seconds later there was another shock, the shearing of tearing metal filling the air. Belle has a brief impression of tangled darkness before she swings to the side, avoiding the remains of the grate as it hits the water with a terrific splash.

Gritting her teeth, she pulls herself onto the deck, rolling past Victor and scooting to the side. She immediately crouches, looping an arm around the railing to prevent being thrown around a second time.

Despite the dragon's words, the sound of someone below catches her attention. Belle peers over the edge, and seeing Alaric, prepared to pull him up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Move up the rope and into K7
    Minor Action: Attempt to secure herself to the railing to stop herself from being tossed around.
    Standard Action: Readied action - Pull up rope once Alaric has grabbed it. Hoping to cut some squares out of the equation! Wanting to get him up here pronto.
    Last edited by Dac; 2014-01-18 at 11:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Oris conjurs a vertical column of golden flames burns all within. And then shouts to the Dragon in Draconic.

Action:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scorching burst aimed at H8. Area burst 1, so may hit the dragon.(1d20)[17]+4. (1d6)[3]+4

Draconic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why hide? Afraid you're wrong and you won't be able to handle us? I guess we are more your equals than you thought.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

The voice was thunder, a roar that shook the earth and rattled Marlek's teeth. He stared resolutely as the metal grate flew as if it were merely a stone on the floor. He knew he was going to die because of someone else's stupid actions, but at least it would be at the hands of a dragon. There were worse ways to go.

"Why are you in this town, dragon? You sound like your own proud master, but yet you serve hide in ships and behind a human to make shady deals with the Oblongata. What is your purpose here?"

Spoiler
    Show

Ready Standard Action: The moment he can target the Dragon, he casts Mind Thrust, Augment 2.

Mind Thrust
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: 1d20+8
    Damage: 2d10+6
    Augment 2
    If hit, the target takes a penalty to all defences equal to your Charisma modifier (Which is 3) until the end of your next turn.
    Last edited by Vesth; 2014-01-19 at 02:19 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Too tired to finish post for now (3 in the morning), will finish when I get the chance.

Actions:

Minor: Diabolic transformation

Standard: Total defense (+2 to all defenses)

Move: Move to F3 from J7

End of turn: Saving throw (1d20)[4]

Also, the "enough room" thing is if he has to use Hellfire and Brimstone, or possibly Hellfire Blast. Avoid getting allies caught up in the blasts.

Last edited by tsumechk; 2014-01-19 at 05:45 AM.
    Why is it that every single D&D game is some super complex, heavy roleplay and skill based game that makes combat based characters dead weight? It's called Dungeons and Dragons, sometimes I just want to fight some Dragons in some Dungeons.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Oris conjurs a vertical column of golden flames burns all within. And then shouts to the Dragon in Draconic.

Action:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scorching burst aimed at H8. Area burst 1, so may hit the dragon.[roll0]+4. [roll1]+4

Draconic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why hide? Afraid you're wrong and you won't be able to handle us? I guess we are more your equals than you thought.
    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show

"Come say that within my jaws, wizard! Yes, I have tasted your kind before. Your material components will season your corpse, I shall use your staff as a toothpick, and clean my hands in your blood once I am finished!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vesth View Post
    The voice was thunder, a roar that shook the earth and rattled Marlek's teeth. He stared resolutely as the metal grate flew as if it were merely a stone on the floor. He knew he was going to die because of someone else's stupid actions, but at least it would be at the hands of a dragon. There were worse ways to go.

"Why are you in this town, dragon? You sound like your own proud master, but yet you serve hide in ships and behind a human to make shady deals with the Oblongata. What is your purpose here?"

Spoiler
    Show

Ready Standard Action: The moment he can target the Dragon, he casts Mind Thrust, Augment 2.

Mind Thrust
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: 1d20+8
    Damage: 2d10+6
    Augment 2
    If hit, the target takes a penalty to all defences equal to your Charisma modifier (Which is 3) until the end of your next turn.
    The dragon, pausing, thinks for a moment, then responds, in common this time, its voice booming.
    "I am Ingleozonac, Son of Ingeloakastimizilian. I come to your rotten-smelling city in secret, to retrieve my birthright, an artifact that the Oblongata has acquired. When I retrieve it, I will return home to my ancestral homelands in the Reghed Glacier, in the North."
    Spoiler
    Show

Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

"What is this birthright of yours?" Marlek asked cautiously, the chill wind biting at his wet skin. He would have felt miserable, if not for the adrenaline pumping through his body. His time at the Gloved Fist thought him much about the art of diplomacy - both the parts of making deals with important folk, and then backstabbing them if it comes to that. It might have to come to that.

"The Oblongata are our enemy, and if our interests co-inside, we might make an agreement. You might be strong and mighty, but it would be...difficult to be stealthy in a place dominated by non-dragons. We, on the other hand, make good eyes and ears..."

He really hoped it didn't come to that. The backstabbing part, not the dealing part.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"What is this birthright of yours?" Marlek asked cautiously, the chill wind biting at his wet skin. He would have felt miserable, if not for the adrenaline pumping through his body. His time at the Gloved Fist thought him much about the art of diplomacy - both the parts of making deals with important folk, and then backstabbing them if it comes to that. It might have to come to that.

"The Oblongata are our enemy, and if our interests co-inside, we might make an agreement. You might be strong and mighty, but it would be...difficult to be stealthy in a place dominated by non-dragons. We, on the other hand, make good eyes and ears..."

He really hoped it didn't come to that. The backstabbing part, not the dealing part.
    "An artifact... taken from Ingeloakastimizilian's horde by the barbarian who slew him, the False King of the Tribe of the Elk. It is now in the hands of the the Revolutionary, the man who leads the Oblongata. I learned of its whereabouts, and have now come to claim it, the greatest treasure of Ingeloakastimizilian."
    The dragon pauses for a moment, then takes on a more pensive tone.
    "If you were to retrieve this artifact, I will let you live, in addition to directing you to the residence of your foe. I have spent much time learning about the Oblongata, and would grace you with it, if you swear to retrieve this artifact.
    If not, well, you and your allies have not yet begun to feel the cold."
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Volker, the slowly becoming inpatient

He chuckles in short lived satisfaction at the cauterized mess that was once Pete. About to say something but closing his mouth when the roaring dragon begins speaking, he re-focuses. Squinting his eyes in frustration at the boat and the booming malevolence within, Volker holds his staff up defensively and maintains a wary stance. Glancing at the crackling zephry, he commands it to move with his mind so as to gain a better perspective.
    Show
    Standard action = go full defensive for +2 defenses
    Minor action = Command Flame Zephyr in C4 to fly 2 up and 4 over to D7. That should be 1 up from ship's top deck. Volker doesn't share senses with the creature but they do share knowledge so he should gain an understanding of where the Dragon is and if he is preparing something/what kind of dragon it is/etc (once the zephry gets over far enough to see him).
    Spoiler: Summon Zephyr
    Show

Daily + Elemental, Summoning
    Minor Action Ranged 10
    Effect: You summon a flame zephyr in an unoccupied square in range. The creature is an ally to you and your allies.
    The zephyr lacks actions of its own. Instead, you spend actions to command it mentally, choosing from the actions in its description. You don't need line of effect to the zephyr to command it. When you command the zephyr, the two of you share knowledge but not senses.
    When the zephyr makes a check, you make the roll using your game statistics, not including temporary bonuses or penalties.
    The flame zephyr lasts until it drops to 0 hit points, at which point you lose a healing surge (or hit points equal to your healing surge value if you have no surges left).
    Otherwise, it lasts until you dismiss it as a minor action or until the end of the encounter.

Spoiler: Flame Zephyr stats
    Show

Flame Zephyr Summoned Creature:
    Small elemental magical beast (air, fire)
    HP your bloodied value; Healing Surges none, but you can spend
    a healing surge for the zephyr if an effect allows it to spend one
    Defenses your defenses, not including any temporary bonuses or
    penalties
    Speed 6, fly 6 Resist fire 10
    -->Dust and Smoke + Aura 1 : Allies in the aura have partial concealment. You gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura. At 11th level, this bonus increases to +3.1t increases to +4 at 21st level.
    <· Standard Action (fire) + At-Will
    Attack: Close burst 1 (creatures in the burst); your level+ 5 vs.
    Reflex
    Hit: 1d6 + your highest ability modifier fire damage, and you
    can slide the target 1 square.
    Level 21: 2d6 + your highest ability modifier fire damage.
    --> Minor Action + At-Will (1/round)
    Effect: The zephyr crawls, runs, stands up, shifts, squeezes, or
    walks.
    Moorhollow total d20 rolls: 8 (by #237)
    Natural 20's = 0, Natural 1's = 1

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

"And what does this...artifact look like?" Marlek asked. He looked around at his companions, wondering what they were going to do.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Abigail just nods to Marlek and continues to point her strange weapon where she expects the dragon to come out.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

"And what does this...artifact look like?" Marlek asked. He looked around at his companions, wondering what they were going to do.
    "A scimitar. The Revolutionary wears it about his waist, as it is a mighty weapon that his station does not deserve."

-Pause for Vote on Diplomacy or Combat-
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belle looked at the others, then back at the hole. The way the dragon was talking, it seemed to think very highly of itself. They were in a bad position, neither side wanting to leave their spots. Unless...

"Why are we even listening to this lizard?" she suddenly asked, making sure she was loud enough to be heard below. "I have heard of the might of the dragons, but this 'Ingelo' is just an overgrown bat. The dragons of the tales I was told were strong, and proud. A true dragon wouldn't skulk to hiding away in a human cage of wood and steel."

One of her previous companions had been a dwarf: rude, foul-mouthed, and slightly insane. He could say the most horrible things easily, as if he were talking about the weather. Filling her mind with his image, she continued:

"It doesn't want our help, it needs our help. It's too weak to do it itself. No, it needs humans to do the task for it. Even now it cowers below, terrified of the race of mortals that laid low its father. Aye, at least he did not live to see this day, where his whelping squats in the shadows like a common fish among rats and roaches.

"Come, dragon, if that is what you are. If you seek to prove me wrong, come out and face me! Or is your courage as weak as your serpent tongue?"

16. - Top - End - #166

EvilClericGuy

Victor pauses for a moment. A...dragon? This was worse than he had thought. Still, he wasn't one to turn tail, certainly not when his blood was up. Maneouvring away from the rope to allow others up, he pulls out a sunrod and activates the tiny magical charge within. Blinking as his eyes adjust to the light, he contemplates dropping it on the deck, but, figuring it would probably roll off to the side, he instead tucks it into his belt. Preparing to pounce once again, he loudly responds to Belle's words, adding his own taunts.
    "Aye, if it's too afraid to take on a few mortal warriors, I doubt it is a dragon! Maybe a wyvern or something - that I could believe."

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move to M9. Minor action: Activate a sunrod (bright light out to 20 squares). Standard action: Ready a charge attack as before.

Triggered actions and cheat sheet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied Action: Immediate Reaction when an enemy moves into charge range: Charge, maximum distance 6, minimum distance 2, then melee basic attack, +10 vs. AC, on a hit, 1d8+6 damage.
    Defender Aura: All unmarked enemies in my Aura 1 have a -2 to hit with attacks that do not include me as a target. If an enemy subject to my aura shifts or makes an attack which does not include me as a target, I interrupt with Vengeful Guardian: Opportunity Action, +9 vs. AC, on a hit, 2d8+6 damage.
    (Possible other immediate actions in response to me taking a large amount of damage from a single attack, or an ally within 2 of me being attacked, or me being subject to a (save ends) effect, but the likely use of immediate action would be my readied action.)
    Basic stats: 22 AC, 19 Fort, 20 Ref, 14 Will, 38 HP, resist 1 all.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Out of the water. Get out. Rope. Climb rope.

Spoiler
    Show

Swim: (1d20+5)[23]
    Climb: (1d20+5)[8]

Gasping, and with plenty of assistance from Belle, Alaric hoists himself over the deck. He stands, coughing.

"I . . ." he begins, and then is overtaken by a fit of coughing, ". . . thanks. I owe you."

He walks up to the hole and peers down, sword in hand.

"Well, if it's negotiating, I figure it can't be no dragon. Whatever it is, we'll make it into steaks soon enough!"

Spoiler
    Show
    So, double move and then Battlemind's Demand as a minor. Rolling a save . . . (using Orokos, cause it's not letting me on the forum for whatever reason).

Roll a save: 1d20 20

Lovely, an absolutely useless critical.

As he speaks, the fear flows off of him like the excess water off his scales. Sure, he'd been knocked around, but there could be no real fear. Not when there was hunger for glory to be sated . . .

Dragon steaks? That sounds DELICIOUS! I want to make dragon steaks!

. . . not to mention run-of-the-mill hunger.
    Last edited by herodofcows; 2014-01-21 at 02:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

Planetar

Aurelios continues concentrating on the great mass of slat water susp[ened above the hold of the boat, chanting quietly in Primordial. Hopefully the dragon will rock the boat once more sending the carp back into the sea.

He takes a rope out of his back, ties it to the dock and dangles it into the cold black water below. In case anyone needs to climb out once.

Show
    Show
    Miss: You must slide the target up to 3 squares to a square adjacent to the burst.
    Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of your next turn. The zone is difficult terrain, and it grants partial cover to creatures on opposite sides of it. You can use a move action to move the zone up to 3 squares. If you do so, any creatures immobilized by this power and in the zone slide up to 3 squares, staying inside the zone. When a creature enters the zone or starts its turn there, you can use an immediate reaction to make the attack against that creature.

Move Action: Get rope out of bag.
    Standard Action: Tie rope up to dock and let it drop over the side.

Show
    Trigger: If White Dragon enters the Watery Sphere zone.
    Attack Roll: Intelligence and Half Level +5 plus Enhancement bonus +1 = (1d20+6)[14](20) vs White Dragon Reflex.
    Miss: Slide the dragon 1 (or more if necessary) square down or to the side so the dragon is out of the zone and adjacent to the burst.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

The dragon roars again, and begins to climb out of the cargo hold, in front of Alaric. However, as it nears the edge, it's flank is caught in the sphere of water, holding it so it can't move far from the hole.
    Then, after Marlek and Victor attack the beast, it strikes back at the latter with sharp claws. Then, the dragon lets out a blast of frigid air that engulfs everyone on the deck in front of him.

Show

Move
    Moves to H8-I9, getting immobilized by the Watery Sphere.

Marlek attacks with a Mind Thrust (readied action):
    (1d20+8)[20] to Hit
    [roll]2d10+6[/roll Damage
    -3 to all defenses until the end of Marlek's next turn, if it hits.

Victor
    Charges to J8
    Melee Basic attack
    (1d20+10)[18] to Hit
    (1d8+6)[7] damage
    Marks the Dragon

Standard
    Dragon's Fury- Two Claw Attacks, targeting Victor

Claw 1:
    (1d20+9)[10] to Hit v. AC
    (1d8+11)[12] Damage

Claw 2:
    (1d20+9)[20] to Hit v. AC
    (1d8+11)[13] Damage

ACTION POINT
    Breath Weapon- Cold, targets Victor, Alaric, Damakos and Belle
    Close burst four

Victor:
    (1d20+7)[9] to Hit v. Reflex

Alaric:
    (1d20+7)[16] to Hit v. Reflex

Damakos:
    (1d20+7)[19] to Hit v. Reflex

Belle:
    (1d20+7)[24] to Hit v. Reflex

Damage:
    (1d10+11)[14] cold damage, and you are slowed (save ends)
    Miss: Half damage, not slowed.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as the dragon popped it's head out to swipe at her allies there was a soft click sound from Abigail pulling the trigger on her strange weapon, followed by a loud crack as a bolt of lightning flew from it. The lightning passed through the the dragon's jaw as it was turning it's icy breath on Belle, causing a portion of the frost that would have hit her to fly up into the air harmlessly. Some of the residual energy from the lightning bolt then passed into Belle, energizing her and making her feel a bit tingly.

"Fire!" Abigail shouted the command, as she fired a bolt from her weapon that flew out, not directly at the dragon, but instead circled those directly around her causing a magic circle of dim blue light to briefly appear under them, and then the bolt sped on its way to slam into the dragon.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Shocking Feedback
    Spoiler
    Show
    Encounter ✦ Arcane, Lightning, Weapon
    Immediate Interrupt Ranged weapon
    Trigger: An enemy hits and deals damage to one of your allies with an attack
    Target: The triggering enemy
    Attack: Intelligence vs. AC
    Hit: 2[W] + Intelligence modifier lightning damage, and the ally hit gains resist 5 all until the end of your next turn.

Ally: Belle
    Attack vs Dragon's AC (1d20+11)[25]
    Damage: (2d10+6)[17] lightning + 5 psychic. Total = 22

Minor:
    Swift Mender
    Spoiler
    Show
    Encounter • Arcane
    Minor Action Ranged 5
    Target: You or one ally
    Effect: The target makes a saving throw.

Ally: Belle

Move Abigail and Mittens to E4 & 3 respectively. (Reminder: Mittens gives all in aura 1 +1 to all defenses)

Standard:
    Magic Weapon
    Spoiler
    Show
    At-Will • Arcane, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee or Ranged weapon
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Intelligence + 1 vs. AC
    Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier damage, and each ally adjacent to you gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Constitution or your Wisdom modifier until the end of your next turn.
    (Everyone now adjacent to Abigail should open that.)

Attack vs Dragon's AC: (1d20+12)[25]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[7] + 5 psychic. Total: 12

Action Point

Bonus Standard:

Direct the Strike on Volker
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-01-21 at 08:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aha! Her plan had worked! Here came the dragon at last. The beast opened its mouth ...

Oh dear.

Belle tried to shield herself, but there was precious little to hide behind. The water on her body seemed to crystallize, hardening to ice before her eyes, restricting movement as more pain wracked her body. Darkness probed at the corners of her vision...

The rabbit-eared companion seemed to do something. She wasn't sure what. Magic was still foreign to her. Belle felt warmth attempting to dispel away the chill, and some of the pain faded away.

Spoiler
    Show

Saving Throw from Swift Mend(1d20)[20]

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Oris hurls an orb of magical force at the dragon. It bursts against
    the target and throws off razor-sharp shards of force that cut
    nearby enemies to ribbons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20)[6]+4 vs reflex
    Damage:(2d8)[11]+4 force damage
    Last edited by gac3; 2014-01-21 at 08:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Oris uses action point and launches a silvery bolt of force at an enemy

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Missle
    Hit: (1d20)[3]+4 vs reflex
    Damage: (2d4)[7]+4 of force
    I found the bonus from Abigail but it doesn't matter does it?
    Last edited by gac3; 2014-01-21 at 08:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Volker, strangely happy

Hearing the beast roar and seeing him claw his way up to blast the others on the boat, Volker blinks in surprise at the ferocity, his grin faltering for a split second. Feeling Abigail move up next to him and cause the area to glow, he refocuses on the shining white creature from legends, the smile returning. Volker's sight feels clearer and his hands even more steady. It must be from this girl... "Let us see if the cold can withstand some heat! Hahahaha!" He laughs to dispel the nervous energy and feel the thrill of the elements at his call. Almost of it's own volition, his arm and staff shoot forward, his eyes pulsing with the same fiery orange as the bolt of pure fire that roars from the staff, leaving a smoking trail towards the dragon. He flashes a fun smile at Abigail in a manner of thanks.
    Planting his feet and using both arms as though drawing up a large rock from his waist, he roars with the energy as he exhales and shoots another bolt, this one the size of his head. It streaks towards the dragon behind the first.
    Quickly, wanting to take full advantage of the energy glowing under him, he thrusts his staff forward again and sends a third bolt, sailing towards the wooden boat trailing the other 2.
    Show
    Free action (Direct the Strike)= Elemental Bolt vs dragon's reflex
    including +2 for CA and +1 from Abigail (1d20+10)[26]
    Dmg if hit (1d12)[5] + (1d6+9)[15] + bonus from Abigail and eye (7) = 27 dmg

Standard action = Elemental Bolt with Fire Escalation
    including +2 for CA and +1 from Abigail (1d20+10)[29]
    Dmg if hit (1d12)[4] + (1d6+9)[12] + (1d10)[4] bonus from Abigail and eye (7) = 27 dmg
    Free shift not taken.

Minor action = Command Flame Zephyr in D7(up 1) to fly to H7 (1 up from the doc).

Action Point
    Standard Action = Elemental Bolt vs dragon's reflex
    including +2 for CA and +1 from Abigail (1d20+10)[28]
    Dmg if hit (1d12)[8] + (1d6+9)[10] + bonus from Abigail and eye (7) = 25 dmg

Spoiler: Elemental Bolt
    Show
    At-Will + Arcane, Elemental, Implement; Varies
    Standard Action Ranged 10
    Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex
    Hit: 1d12 + Charisma modifier damage. +Elemental Magic bonus (Con mod)
    Special: This power can be used as a ranged basic attack.
    Enhanced Fire Bolt: Your elemental bolt deals fire damage. On a hit, its damage increases by 1d6.

Spoiler: Fire Escalation
    Show
    Arcane, Elemental; varies
    Free Action Personal
    Trigger: You use a sorcerer at-will attack power.
    Effect: You can make one additional creature a target of the triggering attack. If the attack's range is melee or ranged, the additional target must be within 5 squares of you. If the attack's range is area or close, the additional target must be adjacent to the burst or blast.
    Each target hit by the attack takes 1d10 extra damage of the type dealt by the triggering attack. In addition, you shift up to half your speed as a free action.
    Special: You can use this power only once per round.

Spoiler: Summon Zephyr currently in action
    Show

Daily + Elemental, Summoning
    Minor Action Ranged 10
    Effect: You summon a flame zephyr in an unoccupied square in range. The creature is an ally to you and your allies.
    The zephyr lacks actions of its own. Instead, you spend actions to command it mentally, choosing from the actions in its description. You don't need line of effect to the zephyr to command it. When you command the zephyr, the two of you share knowledge but not senses.
    When the zephyr makes a check, you make the roll using your game statistics, not including temporary bonuses or penalties.
    The flame zephyr lasts until it drops to 0 hit points, at which point you lose a healing surge (or hit points equal to your healing surge value if you have no surges left).
    Otherwise, it lasts until you dismiss it as a minor action or until the end of the encounter.

Spoiler: Flame Zephyr stats
    Show

Flame Zephyr Summoned Creature:
    Small elemental magical beast (air, fire)
    HP your bloodied value; Healing Surges none, but you can spend
    a healing surge for the zephyr if an effect allows it to spend one
    Defenses your defenses, not including any temporary bonuses or
    penalties
    Speed 6, fly 6 Resist fire 10
    -->Dust and Smoke + Aura 1 : Allies in the aura have partial concealment. You gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura. At 11th level, this bonus increases to +3.1t increases to +4 at 21st level.
    <· Standard Action (fire) + At-Will
    Attack: Close burst 1 (creatures in the burst); your level+ 5 vs.
    Reflex
    Hit: 1d6 + your highest ability modifier fire damage, and you
    can slide the target 1 square.
    --> Minor Action + At-Will (1/round)
    Effect: The zephyr crawls, runs, stands up, shifts, squeezes, or
    walks.
    Last edited by Jarl11; 2014-01-21 at 09:27 PM.
    Moorhollow total d20 rolls: 8 (by #237)
    Natural 20's = 0, Natural 1's = 1

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

The dragon lets out a roar of pain as Volker's attacks pound into its side, and another chill wind blasts from his throat, freezing the blood of those in front of it.

Show

Bloodied Breath
    Trigger- The dragon is first bloodied
    Effect- The dragon's breath weapon recharges and it uses it.
    Close blast 4, targeting Damakos, Victor, Alaric, and Belle

Critical threat range increased to 17-20

Damakos
    (1d20+7)[10] to Hit v. Reflex

Victor
    (1d20+7)[10] to Hit v. Reflex

Alaric
    (1d20+7)[18] to Hit v. Reflex

Belle
    (1d20+7)[20] to Hit v. Reflex

Damage
    (1d8+11)[14] cold damage, and the target is slowed
    Miss- Half Damage

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordant Thorne

"Ugh. Well that was unpleasant," Mordant muttered after recovering from the dragonfear, but now that he was back to his senses and looking around he realized the sorry state some of the fodder front line fighters. Striding up to where the wolf had been standing, Mordant called out to two of the worst off warriors.

"Hey, you, happy pants! Stand up, you aren't done yet! And you, girlie, you're all right. Fight on!"

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to move to J4, the wolf shifts to K4.

Minor action to use Inspiring Word on Alaric, who can spend a healing surge and regain + (1d6+1)[7] additional hit points.

Standard-as-minor action to use Healing Word on Belle, who can spend a healing surge and regain + (1d6+1)[5] additional hit points. (Yay hybrid!)

Saving throw: (1d20)[10]
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belle's Turn

Belle was barely recovering from the first breath when the second hit.

Blindness. Her eyes white, clogged with snow. She felt life leaving her body along with all its heat. But she would not go. Not just yet.

Her body moved mechanically, through the practiced forms her teacher had shown her. Shifted movement. Dancing on her toes. Her body, shrouded in glacial ice, spun past Damakos, icicles glimmering in her hair, her cloak billowing out.

Coming to a stop, her leg abruptly shot up, aiming for the dragon's hide. And when she was finished, she followed up, spinning her body again, tucking her frame, then lunging, her fist carrying the force of a charging bull.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor Action: Activate Stunning Palm stance
    Move Action: Movement Technique - Five Storms: Shift 2 squares from K7 to I7.
    Standard Action: Five Storms attack technique against the dragon!
    Attack roll w/ +2 from CA: (1d20+9)[27] vs. Dragon's weakened Reflex
    Damage roll: (1d8+7)[13] + 5 psychic from Punishing Eye

Stone Fist Flurry of Blows: The Dragon takes an additional 7 damage.

ACTION POINT

Standard Action: Stunning Palm
    Attack Roll w/ +2 from CA: (1d20+9)[15] vs Dragon's weakened Fortitude
    On Hit: 4 damage, and the Dragon is stunned (save ends)
    On Miss: (2d8+7)[22] + 5 psychic from Punishing Eye

If Stunning Palm misses with its 15 vs the dragon's weakened fort, I will use Heroic Effort to add 4 to the attack roll, taking Stunning Palm's attack to 19.
    Last edited by Dac; 2014-01-22 at 02:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178

Planetar

Aurelios voice strong in command, orders the water elementals to continue swirling to his rhythm as he beseeches the air to lift him aloft into the air. They gather around him a great vortex and propel him onto the deck of the ship. He lands softly on his feet, bring the glaive slicing through the watery torrent with both hands. The water parts with his desire, clearing a path to the dragon. His blade strikes true, punishing the dragon for its arrogance.

The elemental arcanist pauses a moment, splitting time to nudge the flopping carp off the deck with his foot, speeding it on its way.

"I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you friend fish."

Show
    Show

Free Action: Wield glaive in two hands.
    Standard Action: Wind Fury Assault Fly to F9. Glaive is a Reach Weapon.
    Spoiler: Wind Fury Assault
    Show
    Encounter Elemental, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee or Ranged weapon
    Effect: You can fly up to your speed. At any point during this movement, you can make the following attack.
    Attack: Highest ability modifier vs. AC
    Hit: 1[W] + highest ability modifier damage, and you can slide the target 1 square.

Attack Roll: Intelligence and Half Level +5 plus Enhancement bonus +1 plus Proficiency +2 plus Combat Advantage (Stunned) +2 = (1d20+10)[12](22) vs White Dragon AC (with -3 penalty).
    Hit: Weapon roll 2d4 damage plus Intelligence and +4 plus Enhancement bonus +1 plus Punishing Eye +5 = (2d4+10)[4][3](17). Opt to not slide the dragon.
    Free Action: Let go of Glaive with one hand. (Can use Move Action to do so if GM rules that way)
    Move Action: Push the carp off the deck of the ship with foot.

Show
    Trigger: If White Dragon starts its turn in the Watery Sphere zone.
    Attack Roll: Intelligence and Half Level +5 plus Enhancement bonus +1 plus Combat Advantage (Stunned, if not still stunned then ignore)) +2 = (1d20+8)[10](18) vs White Dragon Reflex (not penalized).
    Miss: Slide the dragon 1 (or more if necessary) square down into the hold so the dragon is out of the zone and adjacent to the burst.
    Last edited by Yarael; 2014-01-22 at 01:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Mind over matter . . . ow . . . mind over matter, mind over matter . . ."

Focusing his power at the cajoling of his companion, Alaric zooms through the dragon's personal space to flank with his compadres, and, well . . .

". . .aaaaaand ZIPPITY-ZIP-ZAP-ZOOP, I ATTACK YOU WHERE YOU POOP!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Psionic Vigor to gain 9 temps as a minor, and it's time to bust out a daily. Accelerating Strike with Knack for Success tacked on for my standard and remaining minor: I'll shift to flanking position with Damakos by going over/around/under the dragon (the power says I can shift through enemy spaces).

Forum roller, please don't fail me . . .

Attack vs. AC: (1d20+13)[29]
    Damage: (2d8+5)[14]

With the additional effect that the Dragon cannot hit me with attacks of opportunity for the duration of the encounter, should this hit. Add that to a +2 bonus to speed and 1 extra square for shifting for the duration of the encounter.

Alaric giggled madly as his blade finally hit the mark. THERE it was. THERE was the job satisfaction.

"Guess we're gonna carve you into . . . flank steaks."

And then, prompted by nothing but a mysterious urge that seemed to emanate from a universe other than his own. . .

"YYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"
    Last edited by herodofcows; 2014-01-22 at 01:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

While everyone and everything else is a maelstrom of movement and sound, Marlek is a silent and unmoving anchor. Feet slightly shifted apart, he hods his staff in front of him steadily, the middle and forefinger of his free hand pressed against his temple. It would be quite an impressive sight, if not for his sodden clothes.

It seemed like nothing was going on, but the close observer would notice a ripple in the air zip towards the dragon. That done, he removed a red cloth from his robes, decorated with some sort of symbol that he winced looking at it. It flew from his hand, floating over the battlefield...

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Mind Thrust (2pp):
    Attack: (1d20+8)[18] VS WILL without things like CA. Is there CA?
    Damage: (2d10+6)[15]
    Dragon -3 to all defenses if hit.

Note that it still has -3 to all defenses until the end of my turn.

Minor: Take out Shroud of Protection.
    Minor: Far Hand, five spaces out, floating above the masses.

ACTION POINT:
    If Mind Thrust missed, eat 2 cognizance crystals (Free Action: Recover 1 PP if miss) and cast it again. If Mind Thrust did not miss:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dishearten:
    Attack: (1d20+8)[25] VS WILL, extra bonuses haven't applied.
    Damage: (1d6+6)[11]. If hit, target -2 to attack rolls until the start of my next turn.
    Last edited by Vesth; 2014-01-22 at 05:04 PM.