New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [EMPIRE!] A World-Building Game of People & Discovery

Fluff to come(for real this time)
    1: Train my son in the ways of war by raising 1000 troops and haveing wargames with gunung near the border, and of course nearish the lava at the same time as action 3
    2:secret
    2.5:wish that i could have two secret actions
    3: send investigation to get information on the blue lava. co-op with gunung
    4: begin improving the measurement system, by standardizing it and making it basically the metric system. (GP)
    5:begin building a system of manufactories and foundrys. (GP)
    Last edited by Arutha; 2014-02-02 at 07:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [EMPIRE!] A World-Building Game of People & Discover

Fluff when I've got more time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) Raise 1000 Heavy Infantry clad in Mithril.[MILITARY]
    2) Raise 1000 Heavy Infantry.[MILITARY]
    3)Use C5 to discover sulfur in the mountains.[CURIOSITY]
    4)Continue work on a system of roads. [CURIOSITY][Great Project][2/5]
    5)Begin a public education system. [1/5][Great Project][CURIOSITY]
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-02-07 at 07:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

War!

The Khan mulled over the map inside his tent. Next to him his sons, Kilwet and Olwyt stood, dressed in dire boar leather cuirasses with their staff spears strapped to their backs just as Dyamus did. Outside, the marching shuffle of feet provided background noise to the Ignato's war tent meeting. Dyamus was getting older, Olwyt had a son at home, he was a grandfather, and he had nothing to show for his time as leader of Woodwind. That was about to change.

"But why Aloren father, their mystic ways are certainly against the principles of the Lord of Fire, but they pose no military threat," Kilwet said.

The boy had taken to Fire Lord worship, it made sense given his allowance of Calorum's preachers but it still sounded strange in the Khan's pagan agnostic ears.

"Have you been reading the flyers from Crima?" The Khan asked wryly, looking at the tattered parchment that had been delivered to the Khan before he set out marching South. Union propaganda to hide their own imperialistic ends with mock outrage at his and his allies actions. Perhaps he would take their nation as they nightly took their horses.

"We're taking Aloren for its people and for its minds, and for added security. You have both read the reports, armies mobilize across the lands, we'll need a bigger population and a more solid nation to defend it."

"But what about the Grand Coalition?" Olwyt put in.

The Khan gazed at his son, "Who are the only people a Khan can trust?"

"Himself and his family," Olwyt answered dutifully.

"Exactly," Dyamus replied, "And the Coalition is not family. They may be allies now, and we will support them, but they are not Woodwind, we ourselves must watch out for our own."

Kilwet spoke up this time, "I understand father, it is a buffer and hedge against the growing number of alliances and armies."

Dyamus nodded and cast a look towards Olwyt who made no facial change. He wondered if his son would be prepared to take over Woodwind when he passed. The boy had a mind for tactics, the Khan had made sure of that, but his interest didn't seem to lie in protecting and expanding Woodwind as the Khan hoped it would. Perhaps Kilwet could act as his adviser in such matters, the boy had certainly attached himself to his military studies, almost as much as to his studies of Calorum's faith.

The Khan's mind wandered and he thought of the man he had met at the ball and the letter he had received from the shield guard of Aloren before snapping his attention back to the map. All seemed well, and for the first time the Khan would get to test his might against an unknown foe, he was certain this would only be the first of many conquests in the name of Woodwind.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show

1.) Secret
    2.) Raise 1,000 troops (Infantry) (Equipped:Iron (From trade with Gunung) [Military]
    3.) Raise 1,000 troops (Aerial) (Equipped:Insects (From trade with Kasumor) [Military]
    4.) Raise 1,000 troops (Infantry) [Military]
    5.) March my armies (4,000 troops) south, invading and conquering the land of Aloren (Region 8) [Military]
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-02-06 at 12:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Actions 341-345

Aitah the first Lava King of Gunung

year 341 of the Kasumori Calendar:

Gunung sends a research force to the “Blue volcano”. This force contains several volcanologists, fire priests and lava chanal workers. The main objective of the team is to find out what the blue lava is and what possible dangers it and the volcano from which it came pose, or what advantages it might give. They have strict orders to cooperate with any teams send from Gunung’s fellow Coalition nation Pyronia. Surely the Berapi’s greath knowledige about volcanoes and lava could crack this mystery.
    Aitahs second son is trained in the ways of war by gaining a command position of Gunungs newest troops which immediately engage in wargames with Pyronia near the Blue volcano to ensure proper training and to promote cooperation with Pyronia.

year 342 of the Kasumori Calendar:

To aid in the efforts at the blue volcano it is decided to use the Berapi expertise at tapping lava from volcanoes using lava canals to prevent them from erupting to tap the blue lava, allowing it to be safely cooled on the slopes of the volcano. Gunung will provide the expertise on where to dig and the labour needed for the last part of the tunnel where temperatures rise to levels non-Berapi cannot deal whit and their crude adamantium tools are needed, the Pyronians will excavate the first part and provide logistical support.

year 342 of the Kasumori Calendar:

Aitah begins a minor and a grand project.
    The Minor project will utilise the large amounts of food that Gunung has available in combination with a distribution system to ensure that all large families will have sufficient food. In combination with social and tax incentives to have more children this should increase Gunung’s population.
    The Grand project is more ambitious, Aitah orders the start of the digging of a large system of lava canals throughout Gunung. The Ultimate aim of such a project will be to prevent the eruptions of volcanoes that do not have the lava canals that come with housing a city throughout Gunung.

Year 343 of the Kasumori Calendar:

The army is given a new building project to focus on in times of peace, The fortification of outposts at small border mountain passes and the closing of dangerous ones using obsidian walls. The goal is to focus travel through the save and well maintained main roads and to prevent smuggling.

Going for +2 curiosity
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    (curiosity)- blue lava examination/project to tap blue lava (joined minor project in cooperation with Pyronia 2/2, (Aruthas action 3 being 1/2))
    (Military)-train 1000 troops and Aitahs second son in the ways of war through wargames with Pyronia
    (curiosity)-Minor project (using food and social incentives to increase population growth)
    (curiosity)-Minor project (closing small mountain passes so that all traffic goes through the main roads)
    (curiosity)-Major project (lava canals)
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-02-08 at 01:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

For Great .... Prowess!

Year 341, second cycle of the sun, 5th pyrith: Honesty, Day of the Shield, Shïnguard's study.

"My lord, we have a messenger from Keldagrim, asking for permission to speak with you."
    Marius looked up from his paperwork and frowned.
    "Keldagrim? Why would they send a messenger to Kasumor?" After a moment lost in thought, he said: "Let him in. I'll hear what he has to say."
    The servant bowed politely and left the study. Marius stood up from his desk and walked forward, ready to welcome the dwarves. What happened next, he did not anticipate though. A dwarf, around 1.60 meters high burst through the door. A big grin appeared on his face when he spotted Marius.
    " 'Ey there, Shïnguard! I have come with a' offer ya can't refuse mate!"
    Marius was stood there stunned for a few seconds, being dumbfounded at what just happened in his study.
    "Well...yeah....about that...eehh."
    Shaking his head, he regained his composure. He couldn't really blame them, the Keldagrim dwarf were always a bit... too friendly around others, even kings.
    "Come on in, master dwarf, and take a seat, what do you have to tell me? But first your name if you do not mind."
    The dwarf plopped down in his chair and began to explain:
    "Me name is Aldor Icecrush. And about me proposal, well, y'know, we dwarfs live underground, as you most certainly know. We in Keldagrim only have a few of 'em goblins aboveground. We were wondering if you could help us populate it 'n stuff. I mean, now that we are a member of the Grand Coalition, we no want 'ny of 'em northerns walking 'round." The dwarf took a glass of beer from a servant that was handing out drinks and gulped it down in one go.
    "Meh, this beer is rather bad mate, you ought to really try some dwarven stuff."
    "Well, I prefer mead myself lately. Very good season."
    Marius leaned back, eyes closed in thought.
    "Well, about the strengthening of Keldagrim's surface, we can help. You've come to the right person. If you allow my people to settle, I can even erect fortresses and checkpoints to keep the travel in check. I'll also send some of my armies to help out." Marius smiled at his visitor. "Is that a deal, master dwarf?"

Year 344, first cycle of the sun, 3rd pyrith: Pride, Day of Prowess, Kyuden Throneroom.

"My lord, it is clear to us now, Ashmar is the god that had allowed for our nation to prosper. We now see that we need his help to restore Kasumor to its former glory."
    The nobleman who uttered the words stood up and took his place aside the other people present inside the throne room. Marius nodded and stood up, extending his arms.
    "I am pleased that so many of you share my views. Now, we are ready for a new era of prosperity. Of new heights of prowess. KANGEI, ASHMAR!"
    Marius thrusted his fist in the sky.
    "KANGEI, ASHMAR! KANGEI, ASHMAR!"
    The whole of the room exploded into chanting the new gods name. Ashmar was sure to be pleased. Absentmindly Marius stroked the scrollholder which held the writings and findings of his scholars that found Ashmar. Something strange happened to him that night. He dreamed, not his normal dreams of victory, success and sometimes pretty women, but something more abnormal. In his dreams, he was in his study, working on some document involving Ashmar. Next moment, in a flash of metal colored light, a huge figure, even taller than Marius appeared before him, clad in a full suit of silver metal, wearing a head cover resembling a fusion between the head of a mantid and an iron helm that covered his whole face. "Y-O-U__D-I-D__W-E-L-L, M-Y__C-H-O-S-E-N" The entity said in a booming, low voice, as an inferno raging during a thunderstorm. "P-R-O-W-E-S-S__W-I-L-L__B-E__Y-O-U-R-S__O-N-C-E__A-G-A-I-N." After which he awoke, dripping wet with sweat. The more he thought about it, the more he became convinced that he had stood face to face with a god. He smiled to himself. Great things were to come, that much was certain......

Spoiler
    Show

1. Raise 1000 Insect Cavalry Aerial unit (700 Huge Mantids + riders, 200 Huge Dragonflies + riders, 50 Huge Bombadierbeetles + handlers, 50 Hercules Beetles + riders. (Militairy)

2. Raise 1000 Insect Cavalry Aerial unit (700 Huge Mantids + riders, 200 Huge Dragonflies + riders, 50 Huge Bombadierbeetles + handlers, 50 Hercules Beetles + riders. (Militairy)

3. Sending a big colonisation force (3000 total, 1000 settlers, 1000 Army Soldiers, 1000 Aerial soldiers) to reinforce and populate the above ground portions of Keldagrim. Militairy roll: 12(Militiary)

4. Marius founds the religion of Ashmar, Lord of Progress and Life. (Fluff being made) (Faith)

5. Build a small fleet of 10 Barges with 50 sailors each, guarded by 500 aquatic Cloudiz with Water Scorpion mounts (Yes, they are insects, look it up). Barges loaded with furniture and other necesities for colonisation. Fleet send after exploration force towards the south. (Militiary)
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-02-09 at 05:38 AM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Year 31, Jaten Era, Late Winter [342]

Jaten rolls her eyes slightly at the messenger as they keep trying to verbally deliver the message she was already in the middle of reading. Gesturing for the messenger to leave, she returns to reading the message. Attached was a document of vital importance. It would seem the Sympol have an eye on Tekorva fish. The army of Sympolemou is renowned through all the land, and as such would make the perfect ally.

Jaten summons the Council and even one of the Aristocrats of Tekorva. Slightly irritated by the inconvenience, the Aristocrat begins preparations to travel toward the land of the ratfolk with a party of highly skilled diplomats in tow.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    342 - Send diplomats to Sympolemou to discuss trade 「Tekorva fish for Sympol wood」 and an alliance 「the Mountain Blade Treaty」 『Peace treaty and military alliance』 「Diplomacy」 ((Note - The people of Tekorva are persuaded into the idea that wood is not cursed after three long years of negotiation. Though Tekorva imports wood, it is currently afraid to use it.))

Miscellaneous - It is rumoured that Jaten intends to head an expedition to explore the North past Fadoken the Forbidden Wastes in her lifetime.

Year 32, Jaten Era, Summer [343]

As Havus II rushes through the wide paved roads of Metako, his cowl flies back to reveal the face of an unkempt youth. Not wanting to drop any of his scrolls, Havus continues urgently toward the place where his Brothers currently reside.
    "Ma'am!" Havus huffs and puffs as he rushes through the door. He gently places the scrolls he was carrying onto the table. The figure in red robes Havus addressed looks through a couple, clearly impressed.

Later that day, the announcement of the writing of the Tomes of Metallurgy excited and inspired the red robed people present and had them all wishing to be a part of this Great Work.

Show
    343 - Havus II begins his Life Work, writing a collection of tomes on Metallurgy 「Great Project 1/3」 「Curiosity」

Miscellaneous - Rejoice! For in the eve of her life, Jaten has given birth once more!

Year 33, Jaten Era, Autumn [344]

An excited Tekorvite almost knocks Elder Ambvard over on her way to the Council room. Slightly irritated, Ambvard waits patiently as she kneels before him and offers her sincerest apologies before requesting an explanation for her erratic behaviour.
    "I come with word from the town of Mavorg. They have uncovered large veins of the metals necessary to produce brass."
    Ambvard refrains from shaking his head and allows the Tekorvite to be on her way.

Brass? What on earth are they going to do with brass?

Show
    344 - Activate Curiosity 5: Tekorva discovers brass 『copper and zinc mines』 「Curiosity」

Miscellaneous - Mavorg was officially renamed ‘Aes Shinchuu’ by the Tekorva Aristocracy in celebration of this event and to allow the future growth of the town under a modern name, the meaning having not been lost with time as the other major landmarks' names have. Some of the older locals still call it ‘Mavorg’. Though most locals are distinctly unhappy with the name and influx of people, they did not wish to stir trouble and instead left for one of the cities with the older style of name.

Year 34, Jaten Era, Autumn [345]

Jaten stretches lazily as she inspects the Guard. It seemed reasonable enough to have one for herself, but the way the Aristocracy simply chose the elite of their own personal guard and pressed them on her with the favour of the Council was simply infuriating. Upon closer inspection, though they may be the elite of the elite, there surely could be something done about the armour. Were they to defend Jaten more effectively than Jaten could herself, they would need something… more.

Show
    345 - Advanced techniques for producing metal armours are experimented with. 「Curiosity」

Miscellaneous - During the Naming Ceremony, Jaten named her son 'Yuuhi'. This decision was controversial among a few as while it is close to the language of Tekorva, it was still distinctly foreign. Nonetheless, this mishap did nothing to dampen the spirits during the Naming Day Festival. It is rumoured that Jaten suspects Ambvard of being the main person behind her new guards.

Pending stat increases 「Curiosity」- +2 「Wordiness」 - +1 「amirite?」
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-08 at 08:13 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

1. Creating another group of 1k soldiers.[MILITARY]

2. Curiosity 5, New Resource. Due to the founding of my new Institute, and the arrival of many talented professors for it, I have found an incredible new and unique resource: [Inventors/Designers] [CURIOSITY]

3. The arrival of a mysterious unknown genius in Guilder is met with much acclaim: all who have technology from any country are to be treated like kings. In exchange for the genius' plans for ocean-going vessels, he has been given great riches and honor, and the Doge sends out word to all nations of the great treatment for men of wisdom or knowledge. [CURIOSITY]

4. I'm creating the first fleet of Ocean-going Vessels. +10 Ships. All of my previous ships are still large and able to travel well, but they are more suited to inland, carrying, and invasion purposes. [MILITARY]

5. Create another +10 Ocean-going ships. They are going to be in the Western Ocean, in the Grand Coalition port of Celero. They will then travel south, following the Kasumorian explorers. [MILITARY]
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-02-05 at 01:25 PM.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Fluff to come.

Show

1. Raise 1,000 Heavy Infantry [Military]

2. Raise 1,000 Heavy Infanyry [Military]

3. Raise 1,000 Heavy Infantry [Military]

4. Raise 1,000 Heavy Infantry [Military]

5. Receive Tekorvan diplomats, begin discussion and terms of Tekorvan-Sympolemou alliance.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2014-02-06 at 07:35 AM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Action 1: Secrets are to be kept.

For once they are told, they are no longer secrets.

Action 2: A Tree-ty of Craftiness

Gareth was being esquorted down the extent of the construction of the Crest Wall, when a messenger approached, dismounted, and bowed to the Lord. Gareth motioned him to approach, and the messenger did.

"My Lord, a trading caravan from Celero has arrived."

Celero. After a sour first impression, Gareth had been impressed by the diplomatic clean up the King's brother had aspired. He remembered the man well, and smiled. True to his word.

"Alright, lead on, my lad." The Lord and his guard followed the messenger, and made their way along the wall until they arrived at one of the three access points to the Highlands from the Heights of the Crest. As they made their way down, they had to step carefully. The trail down hadn't been widened enough yet, and had not quite earned the name of road. Still, the main structure on the Heights was nearing completion, and the path was well worn with the horses and men who had traversed it frequently over the years of construction.

At the bottom of the path, the messenger led the group though to small city that had sprung up at the base of the construction. It was the beginnings of Delbarelle-Low, the heights of the capital towering above like a Bird of Prey on a branch. It had started as a work camp, but as time went on, more permanent buildings were constructed in an ordered way. Should the Crest ever be seiged, this would be the first line of defence.

As the group rode out of the town, a long caravan full of Timber stretched down the road. "Andust has kept his end of the bargain, and I intend to return mine. Send word to the Craft guilds. There is a need of Craftsmen in Celero." And turned to the messenger. "Send word of this to my sons. I'm sure they will have much use from the riches of this new alliance.

Action 3: The Alliance of the Mended Mast

---A man comes to the court of King Gareth Sarendel of Lyradis. He speaks of having acquired technology to create ships that can brave the open oceans! He would like to bring it to the king's engineers in return for a reward.---

The Lord of Lyradis sits in his throne room, frowning seriously at the gentleman in front of him.

"Ships, eh? And where did you get these plans? Qarimos?" He studied the man, and considered for a moment. Lyradis certainly could use the ships, that was for certain. The country of Qarimos had long held the technology, and it had long been Gareth's dream to sail upon the ocean, instead of meandering down the coast. Still, tempations had a price. And so did tretchery.

"Guards!" Gareth said suddenly, surprising the man. "Lock this man up. He is a criminal of Qarimos, and an enemy of the state because of this. Qarimos had been idling on a marriage proposition between their Princess Alara, and his son, Jain. He was not about to attact the ire of the nation so close to an alliance. He knew how closely the nation guarded its secrets.

He eyed the man warily, and wondered how many he had also given this technology to. He would have to be questioned later. Then the king had an idea. Perhaps Qarimos would wish to do the honors.

(time skip)

Upon Gareth's arrival to Qarimos, he guides in his prisioner into the hall before the southern leader. "Prince Akali," Gareth started. "I bring before you a man who would sell your secrets for his own profit." He places the mans information on the technology, and continues. "Rest assured, I did not gaze upon his stolen wisdom. Instead, I brought him to you, to do with what you wish. I know not what other nations he has visited, but I pray I was the first. It gives me fear to know what other, more violent nations might do with such things." Gareth paused for a moment.

"I would be dishonest to say that I was not tempted to take this man's information. It has long been my desire to sail the open seas. But I knew no other this man could have gleamed such information, and I knew straight away what must be done. Perhaps these actions might have earned your trust, that we mean your nation well. Not to mention the fact that our families are to join!" Gareth beams proudly. "Jain may be the last to marry of my children, but his joy in Alara is palpable." Gareth and Akali spoke at some length, discussing the Alliance between their two nations, until finally, it was time. "I will see you at the ceremony. I must talk to my son before the event."

Gareth walked quietly, shadowed by his guards. He glanced at the decorations in the halls, and the ornate items on display, but was mostly lost in his thoughts. He remembered when he was to be wed. He was nervous. Unsure. He hadn't even met his to be wife before hand, a marriage planned long before he was able to walk. Still, he had come to love her. She had been a wonderful wife. He missed her daily. Hourly. He sighed, tired. He must step down soon. It was high time one of his sons took over. But which! Before long, Gareth found himself at the door to his son's rooms. He opened the door and there was Jain, beaming back at Gareth. His worries for the future and past melted away. "So, it appears Alara has sailed away in fear of the marriage," Gareth joked, "and I don't blame her! You're flower is pinned backwards." Jain gave his father a wry grin, and stepped up to his father for help.

Action 4: A Synergy of Structure

Jain was looking over some plans on the progress that had been achieved in the North end of construction, when a thickly bearded dwarf approached. "Baorn!" Jain shouted out, clasping the small man heartily.

"It has been some time, Prince Jain. We have arrived to assist in your efforts."

Jain looked positively ecstatic. "How many workers did you bring?"

"Enough to make your project a heck of a lot shorter. And we've brought some designs of our own to assist you. I think these sections would look even more beautiful, and serve you better with this design." He gestured to a number of diagrams. There were notations of numbers and resources needed.

"We just got a bunch of timber from Celero, so we can construct some more pulley systems to get some of that stone up." Jain said, scratching his bearded chin. The beard was not quite as impressive as Baorns.

"Excellent. Come, show me your progress. I can tell you some things that have been happening of late in under the mountains. I think dire times are ahead." Baorn looked at him sadly.

Jain frown, and then smiled slightly. "Dire times or times of wonder. It's all happening somewhere. Let's try for the later here." He paused. "And before you tell me of the tidings of the world, tell me of your family! Man and Dwarf left the room, deep in conversation.

Spoiler
    Show

1: [Curiousity] Studying wildlife and habits of it in the jungles of Lyradis.

2 [Diplomacy]: Trade alliance with Celero: Celerii Wood for Lyradisian Craftsmen. Pact of non-interference. I will not interfere with Celero's wars, and Celero will not interfere in mine. Should Celero and I's allies enter a war, we will attempt to abstain from the war. We will not attack each other directly.

3 [Curiousity]: Alliance with Qarimos: Bring technology thief to Qarimos to account for his crimes, and Fulfill the arranged Marriage of Jain and Alara, forming the "Alliance of the Mended Mast". Trade Qarimosi Elephants for Lyradissian Clay Bricks and Pottery. Qarimos is also providing the Ocean Faring tech as part of the alliance, in good will for turning in the Technology Thief. Lyradis will as per terms of the alliance, not share this Technology with another country, and will not use this Technology against Qarimos. Lyradis and Qarimos will aid one another Militarily.

4 [Curiousity]: Wall Building - Razdis Dwarves arrive to assist with the construction of the wall, and teach new ways of support and architecture that make construction easier [-1 to Amount of Rounds Needed] [Great Project 4/5]

5 [Curiousity]: Learning the Technology of Training Large Insects from the Kasumorian Insect Trainers.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-02-08 at 08:19 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

1: 341: After many delays...

Finally, his expedition was ready. He'd thought that was the case years ago, but apparently, he had miscalculated. Apparently, a year's worth of supplies was too much for the horses he had thought to bring and too little for the expedition anyway. Still, most of the earlier preparations had not gone to waste, and the new attempt was assembled much more rapidly. The speeches and farewell celebrations out of the way, along with a final quiet moment with his wife, the expedition stood at the southernmost border of Ashenia beyond which no landownership was recorded or taxes collected. Bravely, they stepped into the unknown.

342: Princess Idrisa marries an Ashenite noble by the name of Tansan Lyron. He is ten years her junior.
    ((I do believe that marriages that don't involve foreign royalty/nobility don't require an action. Let me know if I am wrong.))

2: 343: At a military display in Uranin:

A thousand men and horses, all garbed in shining mithril armour paraded before the Great Gate of Uranin, the black of their caparisons and surcoats contrasting vividly with the brilliant Sulvan metal.
    Atop the gate, the King of Ashenia and his eldest daughter watched.
    "Impressive," said the King, "To think, such troops would have been unheard of in the times of our forebears."
    "They are indeed impressive Father, but do not forget that we rely on the Sulvan to provide the mithril that makes them a reality."
    "You are right of course. Which is why we shall always owe them our gratitude. Now, there is a matter of some importance that brought you on this trip? You and your husband are getting along fine I hope?"
    "We are getting along splendidly Father. In fact, everything seems to be working out for the best, both for us and Ashenia."
    "You don't mean...?"
    "Yes Father. I mean that I am with child. And you know what this means for Ashenia. I have secured the continuation of our dynasty and ensured another generation of peace. Hazael has... Not been so lucky."
    "I don't exactly like this, but I see your point. We'll discuss this upon our return to Adrakand."

As noted, Princess Idrisa is pregnant.

3: 344: With trade comes the need for trade infrastructure.

As trade with the surrounding members of the Union of the North grew, the need for expanded facilities rapidly became apparent. At first, the existing marketplaces could cope with the influx of foreign merchants, but in time, they became heavily overcrowded, especially in the city of Salema.
    As such, plans were drawn up for a new covered market on an unprecedented scale for the city. Five great arcades, a hall, a market court and towers to hold the offices of market officials soon rose above the neighbouring and ancient grain exchange, the shining silver domes a beacon for future traders. Marble floors and silvered wooden screenwork waited within, all beneath a ceiling painted to resemble the night sky from which hung golden lamps.

The same year that work begun on the grand bazaar, Princess Idrisa gave birth to a son she named Shenath for a mythical hero of Ashenia's past.

4: 345: More raising of troops.

((Again, I'm raising troops without providing fluff. Sorry.
    In any case, I'm raising up a thousand heavy infantry armed with swords and shields.))

Meanwhile, in Adrakand, the Princess Idrisa has been confined to the Emrid Palace for "sedition". Her private discussions with her father concerning the succession had gotten more serious over the years and he ordered her to drop the matter in its entirety. She refused to comply and in response, he order her imprisonment. Whether there was more to it or not, one cannot say, but by all accounts, the normally reserved King was furious.
    It is unknown if Princess Idrisa will be allowed to leave, and though her internment is lessened by the presence of her husband and son, many fear that the child will be taken away to be education. Her husband, Lord Tansan, remains her only link with the world beyond the palace walls.
    As these events occur, the Princess Mira is married to Rafil Therisan, the Castellan of Sandrull. Their wedding was not the joyous occasion they had hoped and before long they depart Adrakand for the Jarun Palace on the slopes of Mount Gambron.

Despite the drama in the capital, work continues on the Great Observatory at Severikand.

Spoiler
    Show
    1: Let's try this again now that exploration has been opened... An expedition led by Crown Prince Hazael heads south into the unknown. [curiosity]

2: Raise one thousand troops, mithril-armoured heavy cavalry armed with lances, swords and shields. [military]

3: Construction of a grand bazaar at Salema. [curiosity]
    It sounds really big, but it's not Great Project scale. I'd describe the building in detail, but that way lies madness, so instead I might draw up a plan for the building, archways and decorative screenwork included, so people can better grasp the scale. It's big, for Ashenia. After all, the country only has a population of thirty-four thousand.

4: Raise one thousand troops, mail wearing heavy infantry armed with swords akin to spathae and large shields. [military]

5: Great Project: Continue the construction of the Great Observatory at Severikand. [2/4] [curiosity]
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-02-05 at 06:16 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

• 2/5 Continue work on Radurjic Codex. Mosi II begins compiling letters from the seekers across the continent. [Faith/Curiosity]
    • Investigation of a strange plant in the jungle. Some have eaten it and claim to feel more aware of their surroundings, as if their sense had been dulled before.[Curiosity]
    • Raise 1000 man Army force. [Military]
    • Raise 1000 man Army force. [Military]
    • Secret
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-02-07 at 01:12 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

Full descriptions are unmade. See below for an overview of this round's actions.

Note that, as of right now, nothing I did is extremely magical - I only mentioned a few wild talents.

Show
    {table="head"]Listed Number | Action Taken | Effect
    1 | Kaldten Maerathyn, cousin and advisor to Malyn, assumes the position of Shield Lord, drafting the strongest young men into the coming war. | Raise 1,000 soldiers into The Guard
    2 | Scholar Ragnar Aelestyn finishes the first copy of the Draconomicon. | Complete basic draconic / sorcerous research (magic still unavailable).
    3 | Malyn Shaeldtae , under the advision of Kaldten, merges the Woodsmen as a division of the Guard, simultaneously increasing their number. | Increase military training and raise 1,000 soldiers into The Order of Woodsmen.
    4 | Scholar Aryn Malstaean, upon the completion of Mind and Body, notices a strange appearance of talent in one of his subjects. | Complete basic psionic studies in Aloren (psionics still unavailable).
    5 | Aryn Malstaen's talented subject creates a coalition of scholars devoted to Kaldten and dedicated to raising a new, talented division of the Guard (once they find the source of his wild talent). | Create the Enclave of Existence, a small order of scholars who are studying the manifestation of the Listener's talent.
    [/table]
    Last edited by Thunderfist12; 2014-02-03 at 06:03 PM.
    May the gods watch over your battles, friend.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Khacree Keep, City of Cree]

"Despicable. Utterly despicable."

These words rang out from the Crimar Throne, from the mouth of High Chieftain Umajin himself in response to the news of this "Grand Coalition" and its aggression toward the southeast.

"High Chieftain, this is a serious problem! I doubt they've the guts to come knocking at the gates of the Union itself and any actual campaign would be bloody on both sides, but we can't afford to ignore them."

Tarjin's words went ignored along with those of the rest of the courtiers, however, while the High Chieftain simply stood from his throne and trod directly over to one of the scribe's desks to begin writing out a response.

"I need better news right now, and I'm going to make it myself if I have to."

A few minutes of furious scribbling later, he practically threw the message in his Herald's direction.

"I want two hundred copies of this made by the end of the week and I want them seen across the continent by the end of the year. Do you understand me?"

Tarjin reeled back in surprise, barely managing to grasp the parchment and reading some of it before quickly nodding his head in assent. It might not have been the most politely-worded message, but it certainly got the point across.

"Y-yessir, High Chieftain."

Spoiler: A Declaration to All the World
    Show
    To All who would Read this:

Today I heard of the thousands of soldiers marching into The Heartwaste and into the Nation of Aloren far to the southeast of here, and while I am tragically too far removed from them to offer any real aid, by heart goes out to them nonetheless.

As for the nations of Woodwind, Sympolemeu, Kasumor, Guilder, and Lyradis, there are no words to adequately express my public disgust with your cruel and aggressive actions. You bully those without the personal power to resist your shows of force and throw your weight around like it is endless. Disgusting.

I have also been informed that, aside from Lyradis and the Sympol, all of these nations along with many others (including Gunung and Celero along the Union's borders) are part of this recently-formed "Grand Coalition", a massive alliance forged seemingly for the express purpose of cooperatively squashing the rest of the world surrounding them. Equally disgusting, and in my eyes something worth opposing at every junction.

Here I speak not as Ruler nor as a Member of the Union of the North, but as a man: The conduct displayed by the invaders of Aloren and the Heartwaste is inexcusable and not something that ANY of us, noble or common, should simply allow to pass untouched! This "Grand Coalition's" plans remain nebulous beyond the conquest of their first two victims, but I would not be surprised if they were not content to halt there.

Let it be known that if survivors and refugees from the Heartwaste or Aloren turn up at the borders of Crima, they shall not be turned away. There is little I can do from so far northwest to stop this butchery, but that does not mean I shall do nothing.

Regards,
    Umajin, High Chieftain of the Crimar Khalifate

Tarjin walked off with the letter and his orders, while Umajin turned to the rest of his courtiers. The first one to approach the angry, wild-eyed High Chieftain was Ryjin Kha, one of his most trusted allies and the Chieftain of Ryazen Bay.

"High Chieftain, I have some news from closer to home. The first is that your 'common schools' have been proceeding as planned, and the increased interest in scholarly research has created more scholars to serve in teaching positions as you anticipated."

A smiled passed along the faces of Umajin and Ryjin alike. They were of like spirit, really: Where Tarjin and Therazen preferred to hold to tradition, Umajin and Ryjin were much more willing to try something different, to play with the rules until they worked a bit better.

"Good. Anything else?"

Ryjin scratched the back of his neck, unsure how to explain the next article of information without sounding ridiculous.

"An...unusual horse was born a few months ago. At the risk of being laughed out of court-"

A laugh followed from most of the court, as if in anticipation. Or maybe they thought he was joking.

"...Right. Well, this horse was born with a pair of wings."

Dead silence. Even Umajin, normally more or less unshakeable, stared blankly at his vassal in disbelief.

"Vestigial wings, mind you: He can't fly. But it is still an odd occurrence. I didn't believe it either when I first heard it, and I wouldn't report something this outlandish without seeing it with my own eyes."

Umajin simply stared for a long moment, before pointing to the door.

"Take two guards, find the one who bred this horse, and offer them a position as Royal Stablemaster. If they want a title, name them Tarkha. This is a royal decree. Go. Hurry."

Blankly, Ryjin walked out the door and began to saddle up alongside two of the keep's guards.

"Why, imagine if it breeds true! Imagine if we could breed them to fly! Our cavalry would be the finest in the world, even more than they are now!"

A sense of mirth and joy managed to fill the room, though how much of it was just the nobles brown-nosing was perhaps unclear.

"Yesterday we crushed the bandits, today we crush ignorance, and tomorrow we will crush gravity itself! May Crima last 'til time itself stops!"

And the salute was echoed tenfold among the crowd.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

1.) Raise 1000 more troops, Light Cavalry and Horse Archers. (Military)
    2.) Build Crima a Public Schooling system! (Great Project 2/5) (Curiosity)
    3.) That Winged Horse? Put it out to stud and reward whomever bred it in the first place. (Curiosity)
    4.) Secret
    5.) Publicly Denounce the expansionist policies in the southeast and offer haven to refugees. (Diplomacy)
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-02-03 at 02:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Year 341 of the Common Era
    King Andust was ready to pull his hair out. All these large scale construction projects were were behind schedule. He had had hoped to get them done by his 20th year of his reign, but that seemed all but impossible.

At least with the addition of Lyradisian (Lyradian? Yes, we'll pronounce it Lyradian in Celero. Leer-addition doesn't roll off the tongue the way Lyradian does.)

Wait, where was I?

Oh yes. With these Lyradian craftsmen, at least I will likely live to see these projects completed.

It had only cost some Celerese wood for the craftsmen, but the gains to Celero would be enormous.

Year 342 of the Common Era
    TBD

Show
    • Curiosity?: [Secret]
    • Diplomacy: Sign a trade and friendship treaty with Lyradis. Trade with Lyradis for their craftsmen for Celerese wood.
    • Curiosity: Discover a new resource within the borders of Celero! (Griffons)
    • Curiosity: Continue construction of the great project: (Grand Roads 3/5)
    • Curiosity: Continue construction of the great project: (Great Library 2/5)
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-02-06 at 08:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Action 1: Training One unit of Mantid Cavarly (Military)

Action 2: Investigate the GURR--> signs inside the caves with an expedition force. (Curiosity)

Action 3: Researching ways to temper steel better and more efficient. (Curiosity)

Action 4: Helping Kasumor establishing a population aboveground while amassing as much information as possible about the aboveground region. (Curiosity)

Action 5: Dwarven engineers are producing gears and combining them with already present technology from bows to begin creating a new weapon (Curiosity)

16. - Top - End - #76

The Priestess is dead, long live the Priestess!

Arkho'sarra dies in a tragic accident, Weiss Vel'Caelum takes the throne

Spoiler
    Show
    1: Raise 1,000 troops
    2: Raise 1000 troops
    3: send 1623 troops to aid Heartwastes
    4: send expedition into caverns to the north
    5: try to discover why others make such a big deal about gems
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Actions for round 3:

1: SECRET
    2: [Curiosity 5] Begin a Great Project to develop shipbuilding / navigation academy. Goal is to turn shipbuilding, navigation, and captianing into a marketable commodity (round 1/2?)
    3: [faith 2] Attempt to get Shamans to increase allowable tree cutting so I can build a new group of merchentmen next round.
    4: [Diplomacy 4] Send an envoy to Crima, agreeing on condemnation of actions on the eastern portion of the continent. Offer ocean-going troop/cargo ship services..
    5: [Diplomacy 4 / Curiosity 5] Conduct a year-long trade mission along the eastern coast of the Sea of the Golden Sun during year 342.

RUMORS (A NEW SECTION)
    A) King Jonas' woman, Ginger, frequently slept with other men while on their trade mission. Jonas plans to leave her in some port during this one.
    B) On of Eunice's children who is a Shaman has taken a strong dislike to the direction the Jeweled Cities are going.
    C) Traders of regions along the Inner Sea are passing the word along that the Jeweled Cities needs iron badly.
    D) Giant fish have been eating small fishing vessels that venture out into open water.

Fluff
    (action item #2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Jonas Grumby stood upon the platform. Behind him, the stone and timber academy gleamed white in the noon day sun. He spoke to the crowd,

”Cousins, upon this foundation we will build our future. Here, starting with this small building, we will gather the best of our nation- the best navigators and sailors, the best whipwrights and seamstress. Toghether, we will design an build a new generation of ocean going ships- faster, more nimble, and able to carry more cargo.” The crowd cheered, spurred on by the free booze.

Grumby continued, “From this humble small building, the academy will grow. Located here, on the sheltered side of the Old Man, there is ample room for new buildings, new works. Stellar observatories and deep, fast flowing streams will come to the academy. From a few students, we shall expand to accept all those who have the merits to attend. And the knowledge gained will be shared with all Islanders!”[/b] Another chorus of cheers.

He continued speaking for some time, praising the coalition of ship captains who are working with him and honoring the Shamans for their blessing on the endeavor. He ended calling upon all Islanders of the Jeweled Cities to support this cause with their efforts and treasure.

(Action item #3)
    Spoiler
    Show

Jonas hated The Test. Still, the Shamans demanded it in order to “purify” himself prior to being allowed to speak to their assembly. He strongly suspected many of the Shaman’s themselves held The Test in lttle regard. It was, however, tradition. Each one was designed slightly differently, but they all held the same challenges. He had passed it before, and he would pass it again.

Twilight fell as he approached the first test. A pit about 2 feet wide and 15 feet long had been carved into the ground and filled with burning wood. They had burned down to white-hot coals; the heat from the pit making the air shimmer. He kicked off his sandals and stood at its edge for a moment, studying it. Then he walked slowly, deliberately across the hot coals. He knew the Test of Courage was all about conquering fear- if he hurried, he would dig his feet into the coals, exposing the hot interior. He crossed without incident. The ease of the test confirmed what Lovey had told him- the fire shamans supported his request.

The pit ended a mere 4 feet from the edge of a cliff. Jonas knew the second test, the Test of Faith. The Shamans required the supplicant to leap off of the cliff edge into the water. Their belief was that the spirits of the air would guide the supplicant to a safe splashdown in the sea. Jonas looked over the edge. ”Clever.” he thought. ”With a running start, I could clear the shallows easily. But with the pit where it is, I can’t get that start.” This made him reassess his thoughts on the fire shamans. In the end, though, there was nothing to it. He braced himself, then made as quick a leap as he could. Flipping in the air, he tried to carry some of that horizontal speed into the leap. A brief exhileratin filled him as he flew through the air. Cliff diving was a favorite pastime of his. A harsh impact of the water, and he planed his body, using drag to keep him from going to deep. His butt scraped rock, but he was otherwise unharmed.

Finally, for the test of fortitude. He looked about, bobbing in the water. There, some distance out, was a large log. He swam to it. All he had to do was get the log and swim it back to shore. For the islanders, swimming came as easily as walking. Reaching the log, he noticed something odd. Someone had wrapped thorn vine around it, right where he needed to grab the log. A long string of expletives ran through his head as he grasped the log anyway. Thorns dug into his arm, drawing blood. He began to kick and paddle, trying to steer the log towards shore. But it was stuck. The expletives found their way to his mouth, and he cursed long and loudly as he found the rope holding the log to the seabed. Of course, the rope was looped, so he had to dive down and free it from the sea floor. Taking a deep breath, he dove, one hand following the line down. At four feet, he encountered the remains of a fish tied to the line. There were several more at regular intervals as he descended. He freed the rope and started up, but something caught his eye- a darker shadow moving in the dark water.

He reached the surface in near panic. The bait on the line had attracted a reef shark. “Likely more”, he considered, [i]”They travel in packs.”[/b] Clearly, the water Shamans had it out for him, but this went beyond mere hazing. This was a direct attack. He kicked and dug in, splashing hard and trying to move the log as fast as he could. Several times, fins broke the water near him. He felt the tug as the 5 foot sharks tore away the bait fish still entangled in the trailing line. The strain of moving the log gave him the momentary focus he needed. He knew these sharks, knew their habits, what they ate, and what attracted them. Taking another deep breath, he dove under the log itself, bracing his back against it. Again, the thorns dug into him. But he was able to get the log moving again while still submerged. It was agonizing and slow, but he wasn’t splashing at the surface anymore. The sharks, having exhausted the baitfish, moved off. No surface splashing told them there were no tasty seabird or panicked baitfish schools nearby. He came up for air only when needed.

Slowly, he made it back to shore and hauled the log onto the sand. Standing in a semi-circle were the shamans, their identities hidden by their tiki masks. He stood, aching, sore, bleeding from numerous cuts, but unbroken.
    ”Now, let us discuss the Cities need for more timber…”

(action item #4)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Harpy rode the waves offshore from the costal city of Crima. She was an older ship, bearing both oars and sails. Crewed by a free crew, they were hardened veterans of many years at sea. She boasted no ship to ship weapons, though the many gouges along her reinforced prow show off her piratical ancestry. There was a message here, as clear as the one carried by their messenger to the capital of the horse-people’s lands. Less than a decade ago, this ship might have been raiding the coastlines and terrorizing undefended villages. But now, under the white flag with the blue cross of the Jeweled Cities, it posed no threat.

Most of the crew lazed in the sun, or swam in the sea alongside the ship. Spearfishing was a common sport, and provided extra food as well. The Harpy’s Captain gazed out at the city along the coast, ignoring his rowdy crew. Publicly, he supported Jonas’ efforts to curb the violence and unite the islanders. Privately, however, he knew many who missed the glory days of raiding. The Skipper, as many referred to Jonas, better start producing results soon.
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-02-07 at 07:50 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Appalled by events in the far north, Akali turned his mind to securing the boundaries of Qarimos.
    Show
    Just some crunch so far.
    1: Build ships. Ocean-faring, natch.
    2: Raise a unit of archers
    3: Marriages & Diplomacy. Apparently the marriage arranged at the ball is still on the table and it's possible to merge other actions into a marriage action. How many I'm not sure. In order of priority then, as many of these as possible:
    3a: marry Alara to Jain Sarendel of Lyradis,
    3b: marry Akali and Berati to people within Qarimos (details to follow),
    3c: arrange a military alliance with Lyradis,
    3d: arrange a trade deal with Lyradis (elephants for bricks and pottery),
    3e: arrange a technology sharing deal with Lyradis.
    4: Try to keep a lid on the technology for ocean-faring ships spreading further without recompense via increased security.
    5: Secret
    Last edited by avr; 2014-02-07 at 07:08 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Halfling in the Playground

The council chambers, Calorum, 344

Combulei Divinorum speaks
    Although the whole of the burning truth might not be understood by anyone apart from me and my offspring, I believe the world would become a better place if we could share some of its knowledge with you. Therefore I have send the following letter to all world leaders to ask them for the best writer, so that a book can be written that holds the words of the Lord.

He presents the letter

Spoiler: A letter to all world leaders
    Show

My dear Sir/Lady,

I come to you with a request. I am looking for the best writer this world can offer, so that he may ones and for all write down the words of the Lord. If you know a man that possesses such qualities please ask this man travel to Calorum with haste and pledge his time to this most pious of tasks. Both his travel and his stay in Calorum will be fully accounted for by the 7 temples as well as for any relatives he wishes to bring with him.
    As a sign of gratitude I will include you and your family in my prayers, always.

Yours sincerely,

Combulei Divinorum, High priest of Fire

1. Raise the second regiment of the burning crusade, 1000 troops
    2. Continue construction of the mausoleum (3/5)
    3. Raise the third regiment of the burning crusade, 1000 troops
    4. Send letters to all world leaders, asking them for a great writer to write down the words of the Lord.
    5. secret
    "Only the foolish overlook the threat that kobolds actually pose." - Races of the Dragon

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Not feeling great this week. No fluffing. Maybe later.

1. 1000 Heavy infantry. [Military]
    2. 1000 Goat Calvary. [Military]
    3. Torin Curran and the Riasc tribe begin trying to commune with the spirits of Samhnas Swamps, to form some kind of working relationship with them. At the same time, the Fiain are working to make contact with the Oak and Holly Kings in Crannmor Forest. In essence, the people of the Domhan Abhaile are reaching out to the spirits of their home, opening up diplomatic channels in much the same way as they would for a foreign country. I'm not sure whether this counts as [Faith], [Curiosity], or [Diplomacy]. Could be Faith, because it has connections to spiritual stuff. Could be Diplomacy, because of the means by which it's happening. I'm leaning, however, towards [Curiosity], because it lays the groundwork for what I hope may eventually become a Priomhcine magic system. That's a long way off though.
    4. Naomh Fionn Sheenan and Chieftain Maeve Spiorad, the Lady Fiain, are married. Not sure this needs an action because it takes place within my own country, but I'll label it as such.
    5. None/Secret.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Raaneka, the Painted Lands

Year 341
    Bandar of Many Colors, port city and ancient seat of Raaneka, was alive with the sound of a hundred bells. It was the dawn of a new year. The latest wines of the Berrylands flowed from every cask, bright banners waved from every parapet, and the people had taken gathered in the Great Market. Lady Aditi and Lord Devdan, the new rulers of Raaneka, had summoned their people to hear the first decrees of their rule.

First to climb upon the dais was Lady Aditi, a fierce woman beloved by the people. Her hair fell in dark braids to her waist, where a belt of silver held up billowing purple pantaloons. Her tattoos--a sacred expression of her personality and promises--were like gold filigree over her bare torso and arms. Her husband rose to her side, a yellow cloak draped over one shoulder. His own tattoos were silver, and a golden belt on his naked hips held a sword in its scabbard. They joined hands and raised them high.

Coronation Decree
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raaneki!” they shouted with one voice. “May you ever be graced with adventure and leisure!” The people rejoiced.

Hear my words!” said Lady Aditi, and the crowd fell silent. “My Lord and I have traveled far over the face of this earth. We left with heavy hearts, and the joy of our return will never find its equal. We are full of love for this land and its people, but we come with a warning.

The crowd murmured in wonder as Lord Devdan raised his voice. “The lands beyond our realm are stirring. Foreign rulers dream of trade and conquest, and these gifted eyes see a crossroads ahead. My Lady and I have seen it. Either we must rise with the foreigners and contend amongst them, or our ancient and noble people will vanish forever.

A cry went up in the crowd, but Lady Aditi raised her hands to silence them. “Fear not! We would see our people flourish. First, new ancestor shrines will be raised in every corner of the land, with the finest stone from the Painted Coast. With this done, the ancestors may watch over us and guide the creation of a great host for the defense of our land.

And with one voice,” the Lady and Lord said together, “we humbly beseech you, the Raaneki, famed in story for generations.

We must learn the foreigners’ ways,” said Lord Devdan. “May all glory and honor be heaped upon those brave men and women who journey beyond our realm to know the people of these lands, and the treasures of their culture. Be warned: in no other land may a man or woman walk unclad, either in the open or behind doors. Their ways are exceedingly modest.

To quicken the pace and ease the burden of these journeys,” said Lady Aditi, “may we seek the wisdom of our scholars to improve our roads and trails!

The Lady and Lord joined hands once more. “Tomorrow, your Lady and Lord shall seek the solitude of the Miracle Pools in the high mountains, where we might reflect on the wisdom of the ancestors more clearly. But tonight, may the festival begin!” And there was much revelry and union until long after the stars appeared. The sun dawned much later and no cask was full, nor any bed empty.

Year 343
    A daughter is born to the Lady and Lord! A serene babe, brown of hair and blue of eye, named Devi Adite. Elder brother Tiklas Satato elated.

Year 344
    A son is born to the Lady and Lord! A bright child, deep red of hair and brown of eye, named Ujval Devdano. Sister Devi wept.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Build ancestor shrines around Raaneka. (Faith)
    2. Train 1000 Raaneki infantry. (Military)
    3. Develop Raaneka road system. (Curiosity)
    4. Beckon Raaneki to seek other lands, to learn of their culture and resources. (Curiosity)
    5. [SECRET]
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-02-14 at 03:28 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

22. - Top - End - #82

Actions:

Spoiler
    Show

1) A mysterious man comes to the high guildmaster's court, claiming to have discovered the secret to building ships that can sail across the open ocean. He offers this technology in exchange for having a fleet built for him to explore the seas with, and being made governed of any new lands he might find. Loki Ethmorl accepts, and the man departs to the south and west across the sea (Note: Morph sent me this guy, in case any of you were wondering how I pulled this off with such a low curiosity).
    2) Raise 1000 troops
    3) Raise 1000 troops
    4) Secret
    5) Loki Ethmorl leads his armies into Aloren to aid them against the Woodwind invaders!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Witch is Inside of Me]

The palace has many vaults under it. Some with purposes know, others with their uses long-lost to time. And, in one of them, a ceremony commences...

"Blood for blood and death for life;
    I give myself now to the knife.
    Willingly I take this role,
    Shadows come into my soul."

As she finishes the chant, a young woman, tall and thin, with silver hair and milky white unseeing eyes steps forward into the center of the chamber, a small circle inscribed there, with a complex pattern of lines weaving out between it and the larger one bordering it.

And then, a smile on her face, she sheds the black robe she wears, and slowly cuts into her chest, between her breasts, then out to her sides, exposing her sternum and ribs to the cold light that illuminates the room, coming from a lantern filled with glowing moss above her head.

As the cuts start to seal, something forces them open again, replacing the flesh with tangible shadows, as her eyes are shot through with black veining, something inhuman having come into her body...

Spoiler: Action 1
    Show
    Incarnating a spirit of shadows, as part of a cult to it; said spirit is known as Lilium, Archon of Shadows, having taken on the name of her host, and Archons being the equivalent of Angels.

[And After Midnight, We're All The Same]

In the capital city, a girl with silver hair and wings made of shadow, eyes milky white but shot through with strange black veins, capable of seeing now, preaches to her flock.

"People say we are cursed, for we cannot go out in the day. Well, they cannot go out in the night, not as we can. Their best in the day is our worst when the lights are gone. The night is ours. And it is no better or worse than the day.

We are all mortals, fallible and with the capacity for good or ill within us. And I see no reason to believe that a simple shift of what hours we prefer is a sign of wrath! Not when I am a goddess of the night and the shadow."

Spoiler: Action 2
    Show
    Lilium preaches to those in the city, setting up the foundations of her faith. [Faith]

[Every letter that you wrote has found its way to me, my dear
    You can make-believe that what you say is what I want to hear...]

Spoiler: Public Adress to Calorum
    Show
    "To the Grand Coalition, specifically, Kasumor, we will not stand for the actions of Calorum, or certain other allies of yours. Nor will we be cowed by your threats. If you invade, then you will be revealing you are nothing more than a petty tyrant, with a mad dog frothing at the end of a chain to do your bidding.

We are not planning to attack you, of course, but we will not join you, either nor we will hesitate to use whatever force is necessary to defend ourselves, and we are confident that we can do so."

Spoiler: Action 3
    Show
    Publicly rebuff the offers of the Grand Coalition. [Diplomacy]

Spoiler: Actions 4 and 5
    Show
    Raise a unit of troops. [Military]
    Betroth Kynvessa to Yuuhi, provisional on terms being worked out fully. [Diplomacy]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

End of Round Three.

Any edits to actions in posts edited after the time of posting this one are considered not valid. (Excepting the OP, of course.)
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Round Four: Begin!

+1 Luck
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attribute increases are from here on fully controlled by the players as dictated by the rules, and administrated by co-GM TheWombatOfDoom. Luck at this point has become a special stat that is increased by doing something special or especially ingenious, usually above and beyond the usual game.

For round 3, those increases go to:
    zabbarot
    WaylanderX
    Silverbit

Investigation!
    Gunung and Pryonia have cooperated successfully in the investigation of the blue lava. (Un)fortunately, it appears the volcano has gone back to sleep, and no chambers of blue lava have been found. However, it appears that in the cooled down lava, there are points of bright glowing blue, shining through the rock. A Pryonian miner has dug through and found a fist-sized gemstone that feels only semi-solid, pulses rhythmically with blue light, and feels cold to the touch.

In Sympolemou, the Sympol investigators have discovered broken eggshells near the southern border. It appears the mysterious eggs can hatch! Hard, pointy feathers have been found around the hatching spots.

In Keldagrim, it has been discovered that all instances of the GERR--> signs point towards the northwest. Extrapolation suggests that if they accurately point towards the same thing, it is outside of Keldagrim’s current borders.

Explorers!
    Spoiler: Gunung Exploration; anyone may read
    Show
    Of all the explorers you’ve sent out, only two return, and one is immediately rushed to the best doctors to save his life, while the other is brought before King Aitah. “My King!” He stammers, as you note that he has lost several fingers, both ears and his lower left leg has blackened. “We travelled beyond the mountains, but though we came far and discovered much, the journey was harsher than anyone has ever undertaken! We had to ration our food and burn everything burnable we found to stay warm. In the Far North, the spirits are hostile! They bite eyes and fingers with cold and lash your back with frost. The wind is unrelenting during the night, the snow blinding by the day. We were only able to return by the warmth of the Volcano-Born God hearing our prayers. The Lord of Fire was merciful to us two…”

Spoiler: Kasumori Exploration; anyone may read
    Show
    No suitable off-shore underwater locations have been found that would be suitable to completely colonize. The leader of the exploration also makes his concerns known whether they even possess the technology to build things underwater. After the Shïnguard has smacked and corrected the man that they'll build coastal cities instead of underground ones, the man's eyes clear up. "Oh! Well that... that changes things." He thinks for a bit. "I'll get back to you on that."

Spoiler: Ashenian Exploration; anyone may read
    Show
    “Our horses proved swift, my liege!” A returning explorer addresses you. “We have found many lands and far-stretching fields between mountains and sea. Perfect for settlement!”

Spoiler: New Map!
    Show

Region P1 is a polar region. Its defining terrain feature is the Chilling Plains where snowstorms blow almost continually and the dry snow acts like razors to exposed skin. Its only resource is fish and it is of Good quality. The first player to fully colonize this region may describe one extra terrain feature, for a total of two. Polar regions are from now on a new type of region that exhibit less terrain features and have a hard cap on the amount of resources they can have. Namely, they can have no more than two resources native to the region and food resources cannot rise about Good quality.

Region 27’s defining terrain feature is the Roaring Mountain. From a distance it looks vaguely shaped like a gorilla skull with its mouth drawn into a horrific scream. When the wind blows through the area and the mountain, it sounds like it is screaming. Its currently only known resource is gold and it is of Good quality. The first player to fully colonize this region may describe two extra terrain features, for a total of three. If the region is claimed by a new player before it is colonized, the new player may also add two more resources of Good quality.

Region 28’s defining terrain feature is the Salt Flats. Across the dunes from the inner sea with regions 24 and 27 lay these long-stretching desert-like flats, presumably from a time when the inner sea was much larger. Region 28’s currently only known resource is salt and it is of Great quality. The first player to fully colonize this region may describe two extra terrain features, for a total of three. If the region is claimed by a new player before it is colonized, the new player may also add two more resources of Good quality.

Colonization of any region will take two turns.

Colonization!
    Shortly after the colonizing force entered the regions aboveground of Keldagrim, a letter was delivered by a soldier to the Shïnguard, who told him it came from a goblin diplomat.
    Spoiler: Letter Delivered to the Shïnguard
    Show
    SHI’INGARD! PLE’MA AN BYSVA!

My a’th kar, tan. Cafas ha scryfa marpleg, gonn! Pask… penn-bloedh! PENN-BLOEDH!

Gav dhymm? Kewsav boghes. SCRYFA! SCRYFA CHONS DA! Yeghes da! Nu gonvedhas, dyw genes.

Shi’ingard FATLA GENES!

DYNNARGH DHIS! LEUN A SYLLI YW OW SKATH--
    --BARGESI!

Oh, a wodhes kewsel Kernewek?

KERNEWEK MEREFFER! A WODHES KEWSEL! FATLA NU GONVEDHAS--NE ELLAM CONVETHAS—NA WONN! A WODHES KEWSEL KERNEWEK FATLA!

Eljak, Samu d’Obbes’n’obbes

Peeyes; hens diyogel.

Three months later, a second letter arrived.
    Spoiler: Second Letter
    Show
    D: U. F.

1000 troops sent to colonize have been lost. Of the 1000 civilians none were harmed, but they all returned to Kasumor...

Eight months later, a third letter arrived, along with 1000 goblin troops, at the Upper Keldagrim-Kasumor border.
    Spoiler: Third Letter, for WaylanderX only
    Show
    Doneson.

Conquest!
    Battle region: Aloren
    Woodwind (attacker): (1d10+12)[15]
    Hrathan-Tuor (defender): (1d10+6)[10]
    Winner loses (1d2-1)[1] units.
    Loser loses ([winner’s result – loser’s result] / 2) units.

Terror!
    Something terrible has happened! Dozens of bloodfire springs have been set alight! Their springs have burst and the horizon burns! Below, in Eyrecradia, the rock walls tremble and crack, some seeping with the volatile liquid. Many lives have been claimed by this terrible tragedy.

The Heartwaste has lost 1000 Population.
    Eyrecradia has lost 1000 Population.

The Heartwaste cannot gain special benefits from bloodfire during this round.
    Spoiler: For C'nor only
    Show
    Round Four has begun! And with it comes a terrible event.

The bloodfire springs have been set alight and part of the populace living close by have died from the resulting fires and rockslides. The largest number of survivors constitute of werewolves, whose strength and regeneration was a big boon in their survival, though it still took a day to fully heal in the worst cases.

Upon investigation, bags of gold marked with images of horses and inscriptions on the side that reference the Union of the North were found in the barracks of guards at several of these springs.

(Put into a spoiler here due to your inbox being full.)

Several weeks later, a group of goblin soldiers arrive. Their arms are not brandished. Instead, they bear a blue flag with a pair of white bats on it that you vaguely know to be a flag of peacefulness in a northerner region. The goblin speech is incomprehensible, but they start immediately with aiding your troubled population.

Other!
    Large three-toed footprints have been found in Domhan Abhaile. Several trees have been found blackened by fire, even after rainy—but not stormy—days.

The wine in Raaneka has been very good for two years in a row now! One can hope the weather will stay this perfect for the grapes.

In Tar, a shamaness gives birth to a perfectly healthy baby! Other than that it appears his skin is like a tree’s bark and his eyes are like molten gold… Cursed… or blessed?

One of the Jeweled Cities’ trade envoy ships has been lost in the southern seas! That’s strange, there doesn’t seem to have been a storm that week.

One of the Sulvan Primarch Hindal Greybeard’s cousins has given birth to a daughter! Her husband does not seem so pleased, however, as the baby bears no sign of beard and pointy ears.

In Woodwind, there seems to be a song going around about Olwyt being the father of Remina. Wait, what?

Crystals have been found in the kitchen of the palace of the Shïnguard. How curious…

In 346, a lightning storm with bolts of green, pink, gold and bright blue has been seen across a span of two days on the horizon from the coasts of Qarimos, Raaneka, Lyradis, Guilder and Domhan Abhaile.

Gangs of children have ‘painted’ houses with what appears to be black snow in Vagon, a city in Tekorva.

In Bordeux, a wealthy merchant--who has heard of Lord Cedrik's bachelorhood and has four lovely half-Raakeni daughters--attempts to arrange a meeting with him to "discuss the economic benefits of new trading partners".

In Eyrecradia, an elated painter sends word to the Arkho'sarra of his latest magnificence: a large mural on the cavern walls stretching fifty feet wide and eighteen feet up of old stories of elfkind and their emergence into the world and their relationship with the fae, weres and vampires of the surface, and their distant Razdissi kin. It was later told that the heart that was painted in the middle was cracked due to the burning of the bloodfire springs. The painter remarked, "it is a sad day to see such gloriosity defaced by hate, it has broken my heart like it broke the painting's. Remarkably, it is appropriate to the painting itself, as the middle depicts the tragic love between a dwarven prince and a half-fae miner girl.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-14 at 05:52 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

26. - Top - End - #86

Year 346, Arylion's Moon
    The court was a buzz with gossip. Recently, a merchant had proposed the hand of one of his daughters- who were not even fully of Bordeux!- to marriage to not just nobility, but royalty! While the court had to admit they were beautiful, in an exotic way, with blue-eyes atypical in Bordeux. They dressed in way a step above nudity, in ways that caused a great stir among the conservative nobility, who thought that these women belonged in brothels rather than a Lord's court. While nothing could be definitely proved, it was rumored Lord David had agreed to marry Cedrik to the merchant's daughters. Other rumors stated that the dowry was enormous- that new trade and wealth would be brought to Bordeux.

Year 347, the Moon of Storm
    Lord Nathaniel- a young man, barely in his manhood, but well-loved by the people of Adessa, has been married to a princess of Ashenia. By all reports, the Lady Kateline is head-strong and willful, but intelligent and witty as well. Already, she has begun to share in the people's love of her husband. Lord Nathaniel, for his part, is grateful to his uncle for his wife.

Year 348, Hunter's Moon
    Recently, on the deepest of the gold mines, fumes have been found. While they do not seem to cause any sort of permanent ill effects, the Lord's chemists have already begun to study this strange phenomenon.

Year 349, Moon of the Blazing Star
    It's secret!

Year 350, Moon of Storm
    Lady Delia, the Jewel of Eagle's Keep, was married to High Chieftain Umajin of the southern Cree. While some look upon the marriage as distasteful- seeing the High Chieftain as lower than the Noble Houses of the Six- most see it as a further joining together of two nations, united first by purpose, second by knowledge, and now by blood.
    Actions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Lord Cedrik meets with this merchant to discuss his new trading opportunities, and Cedrik's marriage. [DIPLOMACY]
    2.The marriage of Kateline of Ashenia and Nathaniel of Adessa. [DIPLOMACY]
    3.Investigation of strange fumes discovered within the deepest gold mines. Upon inhalation of said fumes, it induces hallucinations- notably, one of the miners affected predicted the death of a high-ranking captain in the army, although since no others suddenly gained prophetic powers, it is likely a fluke. [CURIOSITY]
    4.It's secret!
    4.5 OOC: Beauty contest over, Borduex wins by default.
    5.Marriage of Lady Delia of Bordeux and High Chieftain Umajin of Crima.[DIPLOMACY]
    Lady Candice gives birth to twins, Anton and Augustus in 346.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-02-13 at 02:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Actions 346-350

no time for (much) fluf this time I'm afraid.

346:
    Topiltzin crown prince of Gunung is married to a prietess of the temple of fires birth.

347:
    Topiltzin's wive gives birth to fraternall twins (boy and girl) which are named afther their grandparents, Aitah the second and Teopixqui the second

Going for +1 curiosity and diplomacy (grand and one minor project on hold)
    Spoiler
    Show
    -(Curiosity) start mining Gunungs half of the blue gems and figuring out what can be done with them(probably co-op with pyronia)
    -(Curiosity)Look into techniques to survive in cold climates, things like special cotton/boar hide clothes and tents and other tricks.
    -(Diplomacy) Minor project(2/2) (legislation part of using food and social incentives to increase population growth)
    -(Military) raise 1000 troops specializing in cold weather combat (steel spears and wood/bronze shields)
    -(Diplomacy) With the new survival techniques the first wave of colonist is sent to P1 under the protection of the latest army unit
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-02-15 at 05:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

The following is subject to change...

Year 35, Jaten Era, Mid Winter [346]

Yuuhi sighed as he examined the strange ring on his right hand. It was slightly uncomfortable due to being crafted to look like some sort of thorny vine native to the Heartwaste encircling his finger, yet for now the symbolism was entirely lost on him. Six years old and already his future was being set out for him...

Yuuhi wonders when or even if Kynvessa would arrive here. From a painting she seemed old to Yuuhi's young mind, but nowhere near as old as his mother or father. Though Yuuhi could not see it, surely the rest of Tekorva shall whisper of Kynvessa's exotic beauty for years to come.

Show
    346 - A betrothal between Yuuhi of Tekorva and Kynvessa of Heartwastes is established. 「Diplomacy」

Miscellaneous - Vicious rumours about Yuuhi begin to circulate as he has never been seen in the sunlight.

Year 36, Jaten Era, Autumn [347]

"Well?" Jaten raises an eyebrow. Cautiously, Havus II delivers his report on the progress of the Great Tomes of Metallurgy. Suspiciously, he keeps one eye on the Elder and the other on the page before him. Why Jaten had kept his father by her side was beyond him, and now he was the one whose duty it was to do so.
    "Dismissed." There was no change in her expression whatsoever the whole time Havus II was there.

Muttering his way out of Metako, Havus II reflects on the history of the Cult of Engineering. Though they had been an influential force in society since the First century of the standard calendar no Elder had ever worked so closely with them before...

Show
    347 - Havus II continues his Life Work, writing the Tomes of Metallurgy. 「Great Project 2/3」 「Curiosity」

Miscellaneous - Rumours of the Cult of Engineering have begun to leak outside Tekorva itself. The sharpest foreigner may even uncover a small misunderstanding outsiders have of the Spirits of Tekorva. Indeed, only the Cult of Engineering revere Innovations. These red robed fanatics' beliefs are certainly not the same as those of the common people, yet the Cult happens to hold too many secrets of Science to be disbanded. With the first whispers of the Lord of Fire and subsequent fears the Imbalance of the Spirits would bring, the tension between the Cult and Tekorva grew.

((Note - Due to this minor revelation beginning to spread through the nations, I have adjusted the religion section accordingly. The plot thickens.))

Year 37, Jaten Era, Spring [348]

Miscellaneous - Jaten has named her daughter Kokuei. The Naming Day Festival lasted the entire week and was the biggest yet in known history.

Year 38, Jaten Era, Autumn [349]

"It looks awful..." a Hunter looks askance at her white fur lean-to. It is rumoured children have recently been caught with incriminating evidence to suggest the black splatter all over her roof is their fault. Sighing, she pulls it down and throws up the one which had finally cured enough to become a suitable roof.
    "Actually..." the Hunter jumps to the sound of esteemed Kaaba Orkin's voice "Awful though it is, and trust me we have dealt with the children harshly, it has some potential."
    The Hunter looks confused. She was going to attempt to trade away the fur for something less hideous.

Year 38, Jaten Era, Early Winter [349]

"This is what we discovered."
    Jaten peers inquisitively at the blackened leathers and what appears to be black snow.
    Gesturing to the red robed figure by her side then to the 'black snow', Jaten orders, "Investigate this and its properties immediately."

Ruined leathers and horn framework was not the worst of the news however. The incident happened at the same time Kokuei was in Vagon studying her writing. A brilliant girl otherwise, she could not seem to read nor write at a reasonable level for a six year old. Were she not Jaten's own, Jaten would send her to become a Hunter. Surely she would be happier this way, after all she appeared to take after Jaten herself. A powerful warrior with a mind for combat, but clearly no patience for what needed to be done.

Show
    349 - Tekorva investigates the means by which the 'gangs' created black 'paint' 「Curiosity」

Miscellaneous - Rumours have begun to circulate that Kokuei is unfit for rule. Thus, some people of Tekorva have become a little concerned about what would happen were Kokuei to win the Battle of Wits.

Year 39, Jaten Era, Late Summer [350]

「The Norther Kasumor-Pryonia border」

His cloak flowed grandly in the slight breeze as his entourage readied their bows in case of trouble. He stood proudly in all the finery he could possibly have managed, his robe all in white with silvered embroidery. Even his belt shimmered a magnificent sky blue.

"I, Aristocrat Akira Shirokinu of Tekorva wish to speak with the ruler of this land if possible. However, I must warn you should any harm befall me..." ever the dramatic one, Shirokinu let the sentence trail ominously before performing a decorative bow with little depth before the Kasumori. At the risk of being rude, the guardsmen stayed standing with bows aimed.

"We come in peace with a proposition." Shirokinu looks around at all Kasumori present, attempting to hide his nervousness. He was not cut out for this.

Show
    350 - Send diplomats to Kasumor to discuss trade 「Tekorva fish for Kasumori Cotton, Tekorva Brass for Kasumori Alchemical Components」, a formal alliance 「Kasumor-Tekorva Treaty」 『Non-aggression treaty. Trading Tekorva armour in exchange for Kasumor protection from any enemies not allied or trading with Kasumor』 and betrothal 「Riphal Earthguard Kasumor to Kokuei of Tekorva」 「Diplomacy」

Miscellaneous - Kaaba Orkin passed away this year. The Scouts mourned a fantastic leader and the Elders mourned a close friend. Word was sent to Domhan Abhaile of this news as the Naomh was seen discussing something amicably with him at the Grand Ball.

Pending stat increases - 「Curiosity」 - +1 「Diplomacy」 - +1 「Wordiness」 - +1
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-02-11 at 08:04 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

29. - Top - End - #89

[The Mormaer's Living Quarters, adjacent to the Mormaer's Hall, Razdis, year 345]
    As the clanging of the smiths forging new steel weapons for his forces rang in the caves of Razdis, Mormaer Razkai the Elder pored over the latest missives from his sources in the southwest. Apparently new lands had been discovered in that direction.
    "Doubtless Sulvan's Folk will be investigating these new discoveries in the name of the Dwarven people, but it seems we Razdissi have done the least of all nations to further our borders. This must be rectified, and soon. Since no unclaimed land is adjacent to us, the place where mining is inadvisable must be navigated. But ah, we have no ships and no places to load them from if we had. This must be changed. Qarimos in the south has oft been friendly to the dwarves. If we negotiate with Lyradis, we should be able to use their ports. Noble sediment, we've been building their wall for long enough to get some benefit out of our alliance. If I send Tuthin to those games in the south, he should be able to strike some kind of agreement."
    His reverie was interrupted by a member of the Mormaer's Guard.
    "My liege, we have an envoy from Eyrecradia. They seem in great distress; it could be connected to the bloodfire eruptions we heard a few days ago."
    "Send them in; Eyrecradia has ever been our ally."
    Razkai listened to the lightly charred and often tearful elven envoy before dispatching them to the healer's quarter of Kalpraz. He gestured to the Mormaer's Guard member, and instructed him.
    "Send these orders to Prince Razkai. We must allow refugees from Eyrecradia, and provide supplies for those who's homeland has been wrecked by the all consuming fire."
    As the guardsdwarf hastily left, Razkai mused that this was yet another point against the foolish worship of such a destructive force. Fire should be used, but not venerated.

My actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. [MILITARY] Replace iron weapons and armour with steel equipment.
    2. [CURIOSITY]Trade Razdissi iron for Qarimos ships.
    3. [DIPLOMACY] Attend the Games; send Prince Tuthin with an honour guard. As part of this action, change the trading of stone with Lyradis for coal, and join the Rising Sun Pact.
    4. [CURIOSITY] Load these ships with 500 Infantry, 250 skirmishers and 250 cavalry and as many colonists/adventurers that want to come, from any nation, and set out across the place where mining is inadvisable (known by non-Razdissi as "The Sea"), to attempt to find new land and colonise it. General Herig of the Embattled Tower Clan will lead the expedition, may she be ever triumphant. Island hopping will be used; obviously the fleet can't just sail 1000+ miles without taking on supplies.
    5. [DIPLOMACY] Send aid and take in refugees from the stricken nation of Eyrecradia.

Family:
    Razkai the Elder (65)
    Razkai the Younger (38)-Grelod Earthsmite
    Elder Ambvard (33)-Elder Jaten (both in Tekorva)
    Tuthin (30)
    Vali (5)
    Ali (5)
    Last edited by Silverbit; 2014-02-14 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Maths has failed me for hopefully the last time.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Round 3 Attribute Increases
    Show
    +2 Military

Spoiler: Approximately the end of Year 345
    Show
    The Khan had been surprised to see troops marching north to meet his own, for months as his armies marched south he had met no resistance. The people of Aloren put up no resistance as the Woodwind soldiers invaded their lands. Guards stepped aside, putting up no resistance. The Khan had wondered if it was a trick, but as time went on he realized that it was not, which is what made the mobilized army such a surprise.

At first he thought the Blademaster of Aloren was finally following through in meeting Dyamus on the battlefield but then he'd seen the colors of the banners he'd realized they were not those of the Aloren people but in fact belonged to Hrathan Tuor, the nation of assassins to the far south. The appearance of troops had caught his armies off guard and and the battle turned bloody quickly. Both sides lost men, the Hrathan Tuor taking out a sizable chunk of Dyamus' soldiers before they were routed and broken, scattering and dying and no longer fighting against the troops from Woodwind.

Despite the loss of men, the Khan wore a quiet smile within his war tent, he had marched for conflict and Hrathan-Tuor had given it to him while Aloren stood by. There was still more of Aloren to secure, namely the Enclave where Aloren mystics studied, but the Khan's mind was already drifting towards post conquest. Hrathan Tuor proved itself a capable and honorable opponent, perhaps a deal could be struck with the bold defender, one that might benefit them and reward their bravery on the field.

Spoiler: Year 347
    Show
    Their leader was practically a boy, younger than the Khan's youngest child, and he had been the one leading Aloren. If it could be called leadership, his own Blademaster had tried to plot against him offering the Khan the chance to play the part of frightening foe that he might take over from the boy king. Dyamus understood why the Blademaster had been willing to do so, the boy seemed oblivious to the outside world. He had been found by the Khan's troops hiding within the Enclave of Existence among the Mystics there, praying that the spirits would scare away the Khan and now he stood in front of the Khan and his council, composed of his two sons and a few trusted field commanders. It was a military tribunal and the boy seemed scared witless.

When they had found him his guards said he had offered them many valuables, a king's ransom, to let him escape, but the things he promised were no longer his to give, they belonged to the Khan.

“Tell me King Shaeldtae,” The Khan began, “Why should I spare you?” Olwyt had expounded on the reasons and the conclusion had already been decided, the boy king would live, but the decision ultimately rested with Dyamus and if nothing else he enjoyed seeing the young man squirm.

“Because I can help you win the people over,” the boy managed, "Because killing me would cause an uproar in Aloren and would be bad strategy."

The Khan nodded, “Did you know I offer you more mercy than your own people?”

The boy king looked surprised and Dyamus gestured for a guard to approach him, he handed him the letter and the guard brought it to the boy. It was a letter from the Blademaster of Aloren, offering the Khan a deal, fake some attacks on Aloren, allow the Blademaster to perform a coup against the king and reap rewards without losing men.

“As you can tell by this conversation, I declined,” The Khan said as the boy king looked up, his face pale, “In fact, I desire the Blademaster's head for failing to provide me with a satisfactory engagement and for failing to follow his king. He has so far proven very elusive, but like you, my men will find him. Unlike him however,” the Khan continued, “you will be offered a deal rather than the headsman's axe. Join my council here, act as adviser for the Aloren province, keep your people satiated and at peace and you may live a long and prosperous life just as you would as king, only you will now report to me.”

The Khan could see the boy swallow visibly as he weighed his options. His answer was important. He knew that, his life quite literally depended on it. After a minute he responded and the Khan smiled devilishly at his decision.

Spoiler: Year 346/347 Back in Woodwind
    Show

"And what does he care? He's off fighting his stupid war?"

"Sweetheart, you can't just up and leave, your place is here, you still have yet to bear child and you have been married with Borin for over a year."

"Two," Remina answered dryly, "You think I want to give offspring to that fisherman's loins? Best that family die out sooner than later."

"Borin isn't a fisherman, he's your husband and that makes him Ignato," her mother chided her.

"His father's a fisherman."

"His father represents the fishermen to your father on the outer council,"

"So father married me off to his son to keep everyone happy of course," Remina snarled.

"We all have to make sacrifices dear."

"Except for father."

"Your father has sacrificed more than you know, right now he's out risking his life to secure our safety!"

"Out with my brothers, even though Olwyt would be just as happy here attending council meetings with you and I personally asked him to go along."

"A woman's place is not the battlefield Remina. We have to hold down the homefront so the men have a place to return to."

Remina scowled, "I'm going to the games," she said again, the phrase that had started this whole argument when mother had caught her nearing the gate leading out of the city, "I don't need yours or father's permission, and when I return with trophies marking my skill and prowess you will see I'm the most capable warrior to have ever sprung from father's loins!"

With that Remina marched off, her mother called to the guards to stop her, but she avoided them and began to sprint, tearing her fancy dress and kicking off her shoes as she left the fort. Guards chased her but she easily outran them and soon they gave up. Her mother would be worrying sick, Borin would be sweating profusely as he often did, wondering if this meant he would no longer be royalty, if father came back he would be furious, but Remina, Remina was free.

The journey had been a long one, she had sold her fancy clothes and jewelry, the ones brought back by father from the Lyradis Ball and bought traveling garb from merchants on the road. When she had told them her destination they had suggested these great billowing shawls, grey in color, said they'd let the wind come through and keep the sun off her. They had been right, and her travel continued within the land of the Raaneki, she had found the Lyradis procession and followed it a few nights, keeping out of sight, until it finally arrived at its, her, destination and she had approached, catching the announcement of the games... Continued in Raaneki Games

Spoiler: Year 348
    Show
    "Make it so then," the Khan said as Olwyt finished speaking, "You're the diplomat, you make the new lands behave."

Olwyt might have been flustered by his father's words in previous years but no longer. Olwyt had more or less taken over once Aloren had been fully conquered. His father was a military man who had finally had his war. He didn't know what to do with it afterwards, Olwyt did and Dyamus knew it.

"The Aloren mystics have been a large issue, they're worried they'll be killed," Olwyt added as he looked over the reports from the Woodwind peacekeepers.

"Then perhaps we should kill them," The Khan mused darkly, "No, do what we did with their government, put a representative on the council." The Khan said.

"I don't know that they have a leader, I'll offer them assurances they may continue their work and the chance to act as an advisory board within our decisions."

"Good, do that," Dyamus said. He wondered if taking Aloren had been worth it. It had of course, the people, the land, not to mention the prestige. His land was now the largest under one single banner. At that he smiled.

"I have some more proposals and Kilwen needs to see you about integrating the followers of The Shinguard's new faith within our lands. He thinks it might help with Aloren, excuse me, the Aloren Province," Olwyt said, using the new term now that Aloren was under Woodwind control.

The short felt appreciation for the jewels of conquest was forgotten, "Good, I wouldn't mind learning a little more about Marius' new faith myself," The Khan said.

Olwyt was a little surprised to hear his father say such a thing, perhaps age was softening him. It hadn't softened his desire to expand, but there was no doubt Olwyt had found it easier to guide him towards less violent means of doing so, perhaps when his father died and he finally took over he wouldn't be facing a land of enemies. Olwyt certainly hoped so. For now focusing on securing the Aloren province was key.

Show

1.) March additional 3,000 troops (1 armed with iron from Gunung, 1 mounted on Kasumor Flying Insects) to finish off Aloren. (Total of 6,000 troops) Roll [Military]
    2.) The Khan has decreed the new citizens from Aloren will elect a leader to sit on the Khan's Inner Council to represent the new region once it is firmly under Woodwind control. The first order of business is transferring Gunung metal traded to Woodwind Province over to Aloren Province where it is needed more. [Diplomacy]
    3.) The Khan has extended an offer to the sages and mystics of Aloren, offering to allow them to continue their research unabated and offering them a position of advising to the Woodwind government. [Diplomacy]
    4.) The Khan issues a proclamation offering a tax break to Woodwind and Aloren natives who intermarry. In this same proclamation the Khan announces that the age of Woodwind is over, the people or the Woodwind and Aloren provinces are now citizens of the Ignato Empire [Diplomacy]
    5.) Secret [Diplomacy]
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-02-14 at 08:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin