Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [EMPIRE!] A World-Building Game of People & Discovery

Spoiler: Prior Round Stat Increases
    Show
    • +1 Curiosity
    • +1 Military
    Spoiler: ACTIONS
    Show
    • [Curiosity:] Complete construction of the Great Project: Grand Roads (5/5)
    • [Curiosity:] Continue Construction of the Great Project: Great Library (4/5)
    • [Military:] Raise 1000 Troops
    • [Military:] Patrol the Kingdom of Celero with troops searching for the mutilators of Celero citizens.
    • [Diplomacy:] Attend the Sea Conference, Join the Alliance of Wood and Stone as the 3rd member.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-02-22 at 10:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

The Jeweled Cities Round 5 (351-355) actions:

#1[Curiosity] : Continue Great Project for Naval Academy (round 3 of 4)
    #2 [military]: Build 1 unit of naval ships & crew (1000 man equivalent)
    #3[Curiosity] Secret action 2/3
    #4[MIlitary]: Arm and develop militia an plans to defend islands if attacked by new threats.
    #5[Diplomacy]: Send Delegation to Central Sea conference and make trade / military agreements.
    Specifics: -
    Trade use of Raaneki spearmen as trainers with tutoring royalty to support #4.
    To Scla’ca: 1 annual trade quantity of Kelp-oilve oil in exchange for 1 annual trade quantity of tropical wood(s).
    To Scla’ca: access to sea-going ship technology in exchange for rights to a permanent ship base and dock.
    To Crima: 1 trade sum of gemstones and access to sea-going technology for rights to a permanent base of operations and 1 trade sum of stone from Crima.
    From Bordeaux: One sum of lumber for the protection of the coasts.
    To Alydaxis one sum of kelp-olive oil in exchange for one sum of Ordinarium metal.

Fluff:
    Spoiler: Raaneki education
    Show

Anguri Adite, youngest daughter of the Raaneki dynasty, and a contingent of vetern spearmen, will depart to the Jeweled Cities to assist in training their militia. In return Anguri will be educated in leadership and proper exercise of authority under tutorship of Amber Grumby, daughter of the king.

Spoiler: ”Scla’ca trade agreement”
    Show

Jonas signed the paper, then read it one time more before handing it over.
    ”The benevolent people of Scla’ca, under their wise Chief Kach’Tu, do hereby grant the following to the peoples of the Jeweled Cities:
    One annual trade volume of tropical woods, suitable for a multitude of uses.
    Exclusive landing rights to a deep-water dock in our primary port city of XX.
    The right to build a warehouse, maintenance facilities, and a residential structure adjuacent to that docl.
    The right to secure and patrol the dock as seen reasonable and prudent.

In exchange, the peoples of the Jeweled Cities, under the prescient leadership of King Jonas Grumby, do hereby grant the following to the peoples of Scla’ca:
    One annual trade volume of Kelp-olive oil, suitable for cooking, heating, and sealing of ships
    The expertise of the Jeweled Cities shipwrights, who will be permanently in residence in the port city of XXX, with the primary goal of allowing Scla’ca to develop their own deep-water trading vessels. Such expertise will be granted in times when they are not engaged in building or maintaining the fleet of the Jeweled Cities.
    The trading vessels of the Jeweled Cities, which ply all the coasts of the Sea of the Golden Sun, will provide aid to any distressed ship of the Scla’ca nation in order to promote safe and secure sea trade throughout all the kingdoms.

This contract is binding and in effect until such time as either party chooses to dissolve it. The part that initiates such a dissolution will pay the other party a sum of 1 trade volume in either gold or gems. At such time.

Spoiler: Union of the Northwest Agreement
    Show

The Jewelled Cities will take up the task of patrolling and protecting the shores of any member state of the Union of the Northwest from any who would threaten the safety and livelihood of their citizens. Furthermore, the Jewelled Cities will take up the task of safeguarding merchant shipping and the assistance of any ship in distress where it is practicable to do so.
    The Jewelled Cities reserve the right to forego or support any offensive actions taken by the Union of the Northwest as they merit to be in their best interests.
    The Union of the Northwest will allow for the formation of an independent base of operations in the city of Ryazen Bay within the Khalifate of Crima. The Jewelled Cities will fully fund and provision this base. In addition, they will pay an annuity of Precious Stones to the Khalifate as rental for the land, which shall remain sovereign territory of the Khalifate and subject to its laws. The Khalifate will retain the right to order the base dismantled and the patrol ships stationed there by the Jewelled Cities to leave should they choose, in forfeit of the annuity.
    The Union of the Northwest will provide one annual sum in Lumber to the Jewelled Cities for the construction and maintenance of the patrol fleet.
    The members of the Union of the Northwest agree to the establishment of permanent diplomatic missions by the Jewelled Cities within their borders and to the free movement of the peaceful representatives thereof.

Additionally; The Union of the North requests that the Jewelled Cities assist us in aiding the people of the Heartwaste and Eyrecradia due to their recent tragedy by agreeing to the transportation of shipments of timber across the sea for a period of ten years.
    The Jewelled Cities shall aid in the construction of a fleet of armed merchant vessels for the Khalifate of Crima. In addition, they consent to the training of students from the Union of the North in the art of navigating the open ocean and the craftsmen of the Union in the art of building such ships. In return, the Union of the North will provide builders, artisans and stone to aid in the completion of the Navigational Academy in the Jewelled Cities such that its splendour is worthy of such an institution.

Spoiler: trade with Alydaxis
    Show
    King Jonas Grumby looked over the last people of paper. Finally, some metal to serve his peoples needs. He sat back and laughed. Ten years, ten years of travel, of gift giving, of map making, of kissing human and reptile butt across the continent. All of this coming to a head now, here.

If it hadn't been for those Woodwind bastards, this would have been perfect.
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-02-21 at 07:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

A New Country Arises

Fluffies:

(1)

Year 351, second cycle of the sun, 1nd pyrith: Kindness, Day of Mystery, outside the Kyoden

"My Shďnguard, Zargrim is under our control. However, the situation of the people there is dire." The army captain's expression became more grave. "There is no prowess to be had from the populace, they are all malnurished and close to starvation."
    Marius' face was twisted with shock. Starvation? And they still put up a fight. That is both stupid and something to be admired at the same time. He regained his composure: "Send all the boarmeat we recieve from Woodwind to Zargrim at once! Hurry, we do not have time to lose. Put some of our cotton stocks and some of the Lyradis craftsmen there aswell, I figure they can use the extra clothing and the help for rebuilding their cities."
    They had been fair opponents and he shall treat them as such, otherwise his prowess was void. Marius smiled. HIS prowess void? Never, not in a million solar cycles.

(2)

Marius just recieved a message. They knew where he was. He already had the letter lying ready beside him. Marius smiled, doing this was really unlike him, but his daughter suggested it, so he listened...for once. He just hoped it worked.

(3)

(4)

(5)

Actions:

1: Reroute all Boar meat from Woodwind to Zagrim, to feed the hungry goblins present in that country. Also import Coton clothing and craftsmen to Zargrim to make life easier there for the goblins.(Diplomacy 5) <--

2: Secret (Diplomacy)

3: Hedge out all those who try to steal the hovercraft technology of the goblins on the threat of war. The following sighposts are set up at the border: "If anyone who is not Kasumori, Za-jin or an ally of Kasumor is spotted in Zagrim, they will be executed on the spot." Guards are placed at all places where hovercraft technology is present plus on the borders with non GC nations to stop all thieves. (Militairy)

4: Begin building "The Academy of Research in Culture and Prowess", an academy where people can learn about all the cultures and fightingstyles of the world. The first two cultures are the Kasumori culture and the Za-jin culture. For this purpose, both Goblin and Kasumori scholars are summoned to the buildsite, where they begin learning others about them in a small reserve school. Both young Kasumori and young Za-jin are gathered to study there. (Progress 1/4, Curiosity)

5: Investigate the uses and the technology itself of the Hovercraft for use in both the militairy and non combatant situations, for example for amphibious purposes, transportation or messenging. (Curiosity)
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-04-16 at 06:00 AM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Previous Increases
    Show
    +1 Curiosity, +1 Military

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

1. Send out another exploring group, this time heading North along the coast to the lands past Sympol. [CURIOSITY]
    2. Trade with the Qarimosi for ocean-going vessels. [CURIOSITY]
    3. Create another Naval Unit on the Eastern Side. [MILITARY]
    4. Secret [MILITARY]
    5. Another group of explorers, continuing to go south. [CURIOSITY]

My increases will be Curiosity/Military though.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-02-17 at 07:31 PM.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

From the Personal Journal of Tendaji II 5th Month year 354
    My father has rooted himself in the tower room of the college at Asnaoga. He subsists on the osuro mirc. It's in everything he eats. He even steeps it in his water before drinking. Aside from meal time he does not move. He sits like stone, legs crossed and arms resting with his palms upwards for hours on end. He stairs upwards at the sky at all hours through the open ceiling of the tower, but I am not sure he sees anything anymore. His pupils grow so wide they seem to encompass the entirety of his eyes, yet they are clouded and milky. I am not sure if he has gone blind or if this is an effect of the pepper.

Last night there were claims of soft flickering light through the windows of the tower, but upon investigation they found father sitting in the dark. There were not even candles in that room. He has not spoken a word but to ask for water in a month. I fear I may soon find myself wearing the crown.

From scattered notes in the tower
    I have found it. Through my meditations with osuro I have delved deep into myself, and come through into the light of the Great Ancestor. There are many powerful spirits here, swimming his vast sea. I have met with an elder, Mwalimu, it teaches me as we travel this astral sea.

Show
    1. Convert more Celerese folks.[Faith]
    2. Convert Hrathan-Tuorkeys.[Faith]
    3. Attend Central Sea Conference.[Diplo]
      Spoiler
      Show
      Announced Alliance with Woodwind and Hrathan-Tuor
    4. Meditate.[Faith]
    5. Meditate?[Faith]
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-02-20 at 10:57 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126

Actions:

Spoiler
    Show

1: Hire explorers to map out the brown hills, and the caves beneath them. [curiosity]
    2: Build a new squadron of seagoing warships. [military]
    3: Attend the Central Sea Conference. [diplomacy]
    4: Expand the High Guildmaster's personal Library [curiosity]
    5: Send 5000 troops to aid Woodwind's invasion of region 3. [Military]
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2014-02-22 at 09:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Actions:

1[Curiosity]
    Jain and the Dwarves complete the Fortifications and Access points on the Crest [Great Project 5/5 - completed].
    2[Diplomacy]
    Apply/Join to the Grand Coalition - If voted in approval, see thread.
    3[Curiosity]
    Begin work on a Training University for animals and trainers. [Great Project 1/5]
    4[Curiosity]
    Lyra, taking a great interest in the creatures of the world, begins a compendium known as "The Bestiary of Telluris". She sends here son, Errick, to Ashenia to visit his father's homelands, and to study the wildlife there, as well as become educated in the University.
    5[Curiosity]
    Use my unit of ocean faring vessels to explore to the southeast over the Lyrian Ocean, bringing along 1 [good] supply of Crops as a diplomatic offering of peace if a people are encountered. Food will also be used to feed the explorers. Jain is sent on this mission, as the Queen's brother.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-02-27 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Did not change anything, just accidentally saved when copying the format my bad morph.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ryazen Bay, Grand Hall]

"Ryjin, please tell me that you didn't forget about the Conference. I trusted you with the throne of this city for a reason. And not just because the previous Kha lacked a suitable heir."

The Khalif was clearly aging by now, and the prime of his youth had faded. Still, he was hardly going senile or unable to handle himself. Indeed, just a few days ago he'd personally beaten a drunken lout who'd accosted him in the street and failed to recognize his liege.

Ryjin, on the other hand, was almost two decades younger than Umajin. His hair still had streaks of black where his Ruler's had gone grey, and only a few wrinkles were clearly visible upon his face. He was well-loved by his people, having been an effective administrator of his port city for some time. It helped that Umajin's public schooling program had focused around the cities early on, and had included a little bit of propaganda to ensure loyalty among the masses.

Ryazen Bay was a model city as such, with only the sheer attention and grandeur of Cree managing to surpass it, and its proximity to the sea had made it the optimal place for the upcoming Central Sea Conference.

"No, I haven't. I know it's important, Khalif, and that's why I've had it prepared. It coincides with one of our festival days as well, so the foreigners will be able to see the city at its friendliest and least dreary."

A faint smile from Umajin punctuated the assurance, and he put one hand upon his vassal's shoulder.

"Good. We'll hold the conference, and if everything goes right we'll expand our trade network and gain footholds across the world. If things work out we might not even need to fight the Coalition when they inevitably come on feet stained by blood and war: Everyone else will stop them first."

"And what of Celero and Woodwind? They're part of the Coalition, and they're a part of this too."

"Celero will cooperate, I think. They're reasonable and prefer trade over war, much like us. If they aren't interested in safe trade, something has gone very wrong indeed. As for Woodwind...

...Let them come. If they wish to challenge us, the rest of the conference will quickly turn against them, I think. Those who come know what they're coming for, and most of the attendees are more fond of us than of the Doomkhan."

And with that, he walked away.

Spoiler
    Show

1) [GREAT PROJECT 4/5] Build Crima a Public School System! (Curiosity)
    2) Reverse Engineer Mithril-Smithing, because technology is useful! (Curiosity)
    3) Host the Central Sea Conference! [See thread for that!] (Diplomacy)
    4) Raise 1000 more troops, still as Cavalry as ever. (Military)
    5) Build a unit of ships! More trade on the sea means that having a token Navy is important. (Military)
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-02-22 at 07:39 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Drums an buzzing of reeds (musical instrument like a flute but make buzzing sound.)could be heard atop one of the tallest hills in Grmanhil. This was the day Orgnar Bangboom Became Cheftain of all the tribes in Grmanhil.
    Orgnar Bangboom as the music stopped raised his hands an addressed his people. "My people for 10 long years we have made war one with another to day that will end. A new chapter for our people is beging no longer will we live as barbarians but as members of the more civilized world. We must first rebuild our forces to defind our selfs we will build one unit of light infantry an one of archers, both with 1000 men. My two captains will be Durgra Razorroar brother of my wife he will command the first unit and Rocknar Bargar will command the Second. I will also build our first castle,Castle BangBoom on this very hill the city that grows around it will be named Orgnarhil. I have Heard story's of the sea people north of us and there strange beast (elephants). I will go there with six warriors to investigate. I hope to extend the hand of friendship to there ruler." as he lowers his hands the music begain once more and cheers from the crowed erupted.

Spoiler
    Show
    action:
    2 military points build light infantry and archer units
    1 military build Bangboom castle
    1 cerousity investigate the land of the sea people
    1 diplomacy extend the hand of friendship to there leader
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2014-02-20 at 02:25 PM.

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[I'm in love with the darkness, and the darkness loves me too...]

Spoiler
    Show
    In the night, in a town in the Heartwaste, a woman wept. More like a girl, really, by fae standards; a little over twenty - wept for she had been lured close, then used brutally by one she had hoped to make her lover, one she had no recourse against, for she had been alone, save for him, at the time, and none would believe her, child as she was of nomads, barely settled here a few months.

As she cried, though, the darkness around her stretched and shifted, coalescing into a shadow-winged girl with black-veined white eyes and silver hair, her touch gentle as she embraced the mortal before her, wings wrapping around the fey girl as she was drawn into the Archon's lap.

"He cast you to this isolation,
    Without the spark that made life real.
    Nothing lost below the mourning;
    Nothing moves and nothing feels.
    Your distant eyes filled up with longing...
    Who steals the dignity within?
    Black sails fade from the horizon
    And take away your innocence."
    , the goddess sang softly, stroking the girl's hair and letting the dark fill the space around them, blacking out even the stars, blonde hair seeming stained by ink as Lilium's words reach into her heart.

"It doesn't have to end this way;
    He filled your head with make believe.
    No time to cry, so wake up
    Ariadne.
    If doesn't have to be this way -
    You define what you believe!
    Take hold of your destiny;
    Remember what's inside!"

As Lilium goes on, Ariadne's face settles into a harder expression, though she doesn't wipe her tears away or blink them back, letting them flow freely as her black dress, tattered from all that went on that evening, blows in a wind that is not there, turning from cloth to shadow...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ariadne is changed by Lilium, becoming her first Handmaiden, a mortal follower hand-picked by the Goddess. [Faith]

Spoiler
    Show
    Secret Action. [Diplomacy]
    Marry Varel off to... One of the Ashenian princesses. [Diplomacy]
    Raise a unit of troops. [Military]
    Formally acknowledge Lilium as a goddess. [Faith]
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-02-21 at 11:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

Calorum, Council chambers, 351
    Combulei clears his throat and the council becomes silent.
    'As you all know we are working on the Holy Book of Flames but for this to succeed we will need a writing material that is divine. Only with such a material can we write down the words that represent the truth. I have prayed to the Lord to send us his divine ink that writes words that are universally understood. Now all we can do is wait for His reply and pray he has heard us.’

Calorum, Office of the High Priest, 355

Combulei is bend over an impressive looking letter. It was delivered to him this morning and came from the Blazing Avatar himself.
    He had read it over and over again and then he had read it ones more just to be absolutely sure that he hadn't missed anything.
    He had commanded his son to go to Gunung, as was asked by the Blazing Avatar. His son, Simovi, should be riding his horse to Gunung by now. Combulei had visited him before he left and it pained him to know that he would never see him again. After saying goodbye, Combulei had gone back to his office and read the letter again. He was getting old, soon he would join the Lord in the burning plains but for now he had to make sure that the Avatars whishes were executed.
    Carefully he rolls up the letter again and places it on a corner of his desk...

Show
    1. Pray to the Lord of fire, asking for divine ink that writes words that are universally understood, even by the analphabetic. (no more than necessary for one large book, so it will not be a permanent resource) (Faith 10) [Faith]
    2. Finish the Mausoleum 5/5 [Faith]
    3. Continue writing the Holy Book of Flames 2/5 [Faith]
    4. Search for outstanding artists to teach at the academy of arts 2/5 [Curiosity]
    5. Send Simovi to Gunung to receive education [Faith]
    Last edited by Chief; 2014-02-23 at 05:06 AM.
    "Only the foolish overlook the threat that kobolds actually pose." - Races of the Dragon

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Actions 351-355

fluf pending.

351:
    Upon hearing that the vile heretics that turned the honest people of Celero from the ways of fire and are still soiling the name of the lord of fire even now are essentially torturing Innocent citizens. Aitah doubles the guard at the Gunung/Celero border with the express purpose of catching any heretics that would dare try and cross the border into Gunung. In addition the troops sent from Pyronia to aid Celero in its Heretic hunt are given right of way on Gunungs roads to allow them swifter passage. Aitah also announces that should Celero want more aid in hunting down these vile and most shockingly, volcano disrespecting, heretics they will sent it.

Topiltzin's wive Tlatla gives birth to a girl, Ichichi

Tepi the niece of the king returns from her time spent at Acaltica and has a son, Ilhuih soon after. The babe although obviously a Berapi has slightly webbed hands, Tepi does not clarify who the father is but rumours indicate it might have bean a sailor.

A way to actually forge Addamantium is discovered. Using crude Adamantium cranes to submerge a crude poured piece of Adamantium in lava for several hour heats it up sufficiently so that the smiths can properly fold and hammer the metal allowing for the creation of very strong, and most importantly still just as heath resistant and readily useable Adamantium

A second wave of colonist leaves for the frozen North, joining them is a second exploration force heading first to the polar region and then west to explore the rest of the poles. They carry enough food [1] and supplies to lay the groundwork for a new colony in whatever aria they may find or trade with the locals to begin good relations

352:
    A small Bal is held in tonatiuh in Gunung to celebrate and make official, Lyradis Joining the Grand Coalition as an junior signatory nation as well as to retroactively celebrate Sympolemou becoming a junior signatory nation almost 5 years ago now.

Seing Celero's succes with its own Grand Projects Aitah sends his planners there to learn from his neighbours and then arange proper legisslation for the grand canal. Using Celero's example for the administration of Grand Projects. Thus allowing for proper organisation and hopefully preventing further delays.

354:
    Tlatla gives birth to a boy, Itlah (the second)

355:
    Following messages from the Blazing Avatar himself Teopixqui, High priestess of the lord of fire begins making preparations to take in royals from Calorem and Pyronia for education in the temple of Fire's Birth. they will be educated by the royal teachers and priests who normally only educate Gunungs royal family

Going for Diplomacy +1 (+2 pending DM approval/if I find people for the expedition to be diplomatic with?)
    Spoiler
    Show

-(Curiosity 10 action) Adamantium forging
    -(Diplomacy) finish colonizing p1
    -(Diplomacy ?) explore the (west) poles some more
    -(Diplomacy) arange proper legisslation for the grand lava canals. (grand project 2/5)
    -(Diplomacy) Accept Lyradis as G.C. member (and Sympol if that was still needed)(some trade agreements if still on time ?)
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-02-22 at 08:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

1:Send Child (if Calorum sends a guy, then I send Berta. If he changes to a girl, then i send Rogar) to Gunung for learning about the Burning Birth(Faith)
    2:secret (But not for long) (Curiosity)
    3: Foundry progect(2/5) (Curiosity)
    4:Send troops to help put down the Heretical Fire worshipers in Celero (Faith)
    5:Metric system(2/5)?(See OOC)(Curiosity)

OOC: Does the metric system need to be a GP? If not, i will study the Blue Gems more.

+1:Faith,Curiosity

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

The strange people coming out of the hills are a full nine-days wonder in Qarta, and their chief is ceremoniously (if only symbolically) granted the keys to the city.

Their iron weapons are of a higher quality than anything made in Qarimos and are much admired, not least by shipbuilders who imagine nonmilitary uses for the metal.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    1: Raise 1000 troops [Military]
    2: Build 1 unit of ships [Military]
    3: Continue building & stocking granaries (2nd) [Curiosity]
    4: Secret [Curiosity]
    5: Accept the Grmanhil offer of friendship and trade (tentatively, Iron for Elephants) [Diplomacy]
    Last edited by avr; 2014-02-22 at 09:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Year 351, Coast of the Domhan Abhaile

Fionn stood by the massive boat, his four Chieftains standing around him. Behind the group of five, a massive contingent of Priomhcine, dressed all in black, waited with their heads hung low. The boat was by far the largest the Priomhcine had built, and absolutely beautiful. It was to have been the boat that would take them across the sea, but...all agreed this was a far better use for it. And Diarmuid hadn't been able to build another like it anyway. The far off horizon would have to wait. Peadar, Torin, and Fionn all pushed the mighty vessel out onto the water, and the Chieftains stepped back. Hand raised, Fionn watched the boat drift out of the small inlet. And then, tearfully, gave the signal.

One thousand arrows leapt from the shore line, all ablaze with fire. Most missed their target, as was bound to happen. But enough struck the vessel that the pitch covering it burst into flames. And the Chieftains watched as the body of Keelin Coghlan, Chieftain of the Aoire, slowly sank below the waves. It would eventually come to rest on the rocky bottom, covered in ash. A burial where the four elements met. It was only fitting for one who embodied the balance in her life so well. Still, Fionn could not help but cry for the loss of his mentor, as Maeve squeezed his hand.

Spoiler
    Show

[Military]
    Establish a unit of archers.

Year 352, Calafiort, the Domhan Abhaile

Even in the wake of Keelin's death, the affairs of state continued. A new Chieftain was found among the Aoire. A young, brutish goat herder named Athshol Athair. He had no head for leadership, but the Naomh was taking more and more control over the nation. Torin mused on this as he walked slowly down the stone road to the Naomh's home. Truth be told, Torin approved of these changes. He and Peadar were growing old, and Diarmuid was close to joining the old witch in the court of the spirits. Times were changing. The Domhan needed to change with it. Still, it was odd that Fionn asked the Chieftains to meet at his home, rather than in their usual meeting place in the Halls of Council.

Opening the door, Torin immediately saw why. The Lady Fiain, now Consort to the Naomh, lay in a bed, a small bundle of cloth held in her arms. Fionn stood by her side, beaming proudly. Maeve looked more exhausted than proud - but still very proud. "Torin, I'm so glad you made it. Peadar and Diarmuid already have met the baby. Athshol can't make it quite yet. Some bandits needed dealing with, apparently. But. Here she is." Torin knelt by Maeve's bed, and looked down upon the child's face. She was a quiet one, looking back at Torin with wide, green eyes. Same color as her mother's. Same hair too, though there was precious little of the burnt red fluff to tell. Despite himself, Torin smiled. "What may I call the young heir?" Fionn and Maeve looked to one another, and their smiles faded just a little. "Keelin. We named her Keelin."

Spoiler
    Show

[Diplomacy]
    Fionn and Maeve are married, and Maeve bears Fionn a daughter.

Year 353, Samhnas Swamp, the Safe Road

Torin watched the edge of the swamp carefully. If he was right, the next one would come in three...two...one...

There.

It was a small burst, a puff of green smoke that, if one were not looking for it, would go unnoticed. Just a little ways into the muck of the swamp. Torin slid just a little closer, jar in hand. It would come again in three...two...one...

Torin caught the gas within the clay jar he had made. People reported all sorts of strange sights and sounds in the swamp, and Torin was fairly certain that this gas was responsible for the hallucinations. That, and the spirits who lived in the swamp, of course. But if Torin's theory was right, they might be able to make more, safer paths through the swamps. Help trade with their southern neighbors. Torin had heard they were a kind, if rather strange bunch...

Spoiler
    Show

[Curiosity]
    Study the strange gases in Samhnas Swamps, in an effort to find more paths through for trade.

Year 354

A secret which is known only to one may never be told. A secret known by two is soon told to all....

Spoiler
    Show

[Faith?]

Year 355, Calafiort, the Domhan Abhaile

In the dying light of the fire, Fionn's eyes strained to see the page in front of him. He had been working on this for a few weeks now, and he was almost done. Shaking his head, the aging Naomh turned to look at his wife and daughter. Maeve and Keelin. The young girl was three, now, and already learning to read. Maeve was a true mother, teaching their daughter well. Fionn did the best he could to be a good father, though he sometimes wondered. But it was for her he was working tonight. On a very special book. He would try to give to her something his father hadn't given to him. Advice on how to rule.

Spoiler
    Show

[Curiosity]
    Fionn pens the Dhlithe Na Rialach, the Laws of Rule. It becomes a tome dedicated to the ongoing trials of ruling the Domhan Abhaile, and there will be room in the book for each successive Naomh to add their story and wisdom. The collected knowledge of the spiritual and executive leaders of the Priomhcine people.

I may or may not write some excerpts from the book.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

End of Round Five.

Any edits to actions in posts edited after the time of posting this one are considered not valid. (Excepting the OP, of course.)
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Round Six: Begin!

Explore!
    Lyradisian explorers discover a region beyond Grmanhil! (Region 32 added.)

Razdissi explorers discover a region below Guilder! (Region 14B added.)

Guilder explorers discover a region across the sea, bordering Sympolemou! (Region 50 added.)

Qarimosi and Guilder explorers sent to the south come across an island settled by Guilder people, though it is only a small port town. They turn out to be formerly part of Giorno Fiassa’s crew, but were left behind because they did not want to continue or couldn’t due to illness, age or other circumstances. A third of the town’s population is below the age of 10.

Bordeusi explorers discover a region underground! (Region 20B added.)

Calorum explorers discover divine ink at dawn in one of the Lord of Fire’s temples! There’s plenty to write the biggest book ever!

Colonize!
    Gunung has finished colonizing the polar region north of it!

Eyrecradia has finished colonizing the region below Kasumor!

Pryonia has finished colonizing the region discovered underground! (Region 16B added, fully colonized by Pryonia.)

Tekorva has finished colonizing the region discovered underground! (Region 17B added, fully colonized by Tekorva.)

Bordeux has started colonizing region 40!

Ashenia has finished colonizing region 28, and begun colonizing region 44!

Ashenia hasn’t received much word from Crown Prince Hazael II lately. His last letter wished his family well, described some strange beasts he had seen in the sky, and went into great detail about ‘how loving the fiery pits were to behold!’ No letters have been received from him since, nor the expedition’s scribe.

Alydaxis has begun colonizing region 44! This means that next round, whoever wins the opposed Diplomacy check between Alydaxis and Ashenia is the one who will successfully fully colonize region 44. Ashenia is the one to have originally discovered region 44, so they will receive a +3 bonus to the opposed check. If only one of them makes the check, theirs is the country that succeeds. (As per the new rules, see post #744 in the main thread.)

Conquer!
    6000 of the 10000 soldiers Nyroth managed to muster against the combined forces of Woodwind and Hrathan-Tuor were slain in battle. The lizardfolk of Nyroth stayed well away from the battlefield and let the humans fight the humans. [Conquest progress: 1/2] (Do note for the future that the tactical maneuvering is a separate action, so it wasn’t counted for this round.)

The rebel lord Eljak of The goblins of Zargrim has capitulated to the Shinguard of Kasumor. His son shall marry the Shinguard's granddaughter and he will be Zargrim's governor in name of the Shinguard. One of his captains did not agree with this and has split off with 1000 troops to attack Keldagrim and reclaim their ancestral homeland.

Terror!
    Celerese soldiers policing the areas afflicting by the web-mutilating terrorists have apprehended several suspects. They confessed to the acts and were discovered to have been sent by High Chieftain Umajin of Crima!

New Map!
    Spoiler
    Show

Region 14B has been discovered by Razdis!

Region 20B has been discovered by Bordeux!

Region 32 has been discovered by Lyradis!

Region 45 added: The United Lacertian Dominion, played by Lorick!

Region 50 has been discovered by Guilder!

Other!
    The breeding in Crima has produced a horse with one wing! It's... not useful to try to fly with, but ONE WING!

A brewer in Grmanhil has tried to combine grapes from Raaneka with Grmanhil honey for a special kind of drink. The first brews have tasted quite nicely.

In Tar, Scla'ca and Alydaxis, people have seen large bird-like creatures flying overhead, but they look like they don't have feathers. The sounds they make also sound quite unlike anything any bird ever made!

In Sympolemou, an old Sympol has discovered a fresh clutch of the mysterious eggs and tried to hatch them by sitting on them himself. Some of his neighbours commend his courage or wisdom, but most just call him senile.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-23 at 03:28 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Round 5 Attribute Increases
    Show
    +1 Diplomacy

So the righteous Cree had sent terrorists into Celero, at least that was what the reports indicated. So much for their high horses and pomp, they were dirtier than his father ever was, at least the Khan had had the decency to take it the fight up front and straight to the point. Olwyt motioned for his Aloren scholar to grab a quill and piece of parchment. Olwyt looked down at the faded letter in his hands, it was nearly 15 years old now but he imagined the people would still remember,

"Take this down and prepare to have it sent to all available scholars for copying and distribution by the couriers," He began to speak and the Aloren's quill began to move quickly.

To all who would read this:

Today I heard of a terrorist plot being foiled within the land of Celero and while I am not in charge of leading a retaliation my word to Celero goes out that should they decide to retaliate they shall find an ally within a fellow Grand Coalition member.

As for the offending nation of Crimar, there is no way to truly express my disgust at the underhanded and devious methods of aggression and cruelty. You attack those you fear to take on fairly through subterfuge and trickery. Revolting.

Perhaps this is an attack solely against Celero but I suspect is is intended to weaken the entire of the Grand Coalition, a noble alliance feared by the reclusive and xenophobic Union of the Northwest. I and my father have always found their secluded and private dealing indicative of untrustworthiness and this seems to have confirmed this suspicion.

It is as a representative of a people the Union decides ought better be brought down through backroom deals and shady plots of terrorism that I urge all who read this to reevaluate the Union and decide for oneself whether they might be deemed a threat by the northern conglomerate. We know not where next their sights may alight, perhaps your small fishing village or the local temple will be deemed a threat to the Union and may find itself threatened next. I urge all to recognize and promote that terrorism will not be tolerated within any land inhabited by fair and honorable people.

I again pledge myself to my fellow Wind & Stone and Coalition brother nation of Celero, may they find peace and if war is deemed necessary know they shall have the entire Coalition at their back.

Regards,
    Emperor Olwyt Ignato of the Ignato Empire, Khan Ignato of the Woodwind Province

Show

1.) Continue the march to conquer Nyroth with the Imperial/Tuorkey Army of 14,000 men led by the Khan [Military]
    2.) Extend an offer to the Lizardfolk of Nyroth to reserve two chairs for their direct election without human interference within the forming Senate once their land is under Imperial control. [Diplomacy]
    3.) Attend the Celerese World Fair [Diplomacy]
    4.) Publicly denounce the acts of terrorism carried out in Celero by Crima [Diplomacy]
    5.) Establish a Republican Senate to represent the various provinces and their people to the Emperor and begin construction of a Great Building to house the Senate Meetings (Great Project 1/5) [Diplomacy] (The Senate will act in a similar way to the way in which the informal Inner Council worked under the Khan. All ultimate decisions executive, legislative, and judicial still reside within the domain of the Emperor but the Senate will act to propose and codify the laws of the land. There will be 1 senator for every 10,000 people within the populace of a province and they will serve for 10 year terms and have no term limits. Elections will be made by all eligible Imperial Citizens defined as all mentally capable people not convicted of crimes living and residing within the borders of the Empire.)

In the Year 360 on the common calendar the Khan steps down from the throne, declaring Olwyt the first Emperor of the Ignato Empire and going to join his friend Marius to prepare for one final adventure, a journey south with the intent to kill Lord Qing of the Salterri Imperium. It may be a suicide mission but the Khan refuses to die without facing a foe. Olwyt declares his father to be the Khan of Khans and sets to work organizing the so long sidelined internal affairs of the Empire.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-02-28 at 12:27 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

19. - Top - End - #139

[The Mormaer's Hall, Razdis, Year 355]
    Grey Dwarves filled the hall, all fulfilling their appointed task. A party of rugged colonisers trooped to the north tunnels, laden with supplies and in some cases armaments of shining steel. Scholars and scribes were puzzling over a strange book, a present from the Blazing Avatar. Word was that Razkai the Elder had warmed to the representative of the Lord of Fire, if not the religion itself. As well as this, architects and stonemasons quarrelled and drew up plans for the defences of Kalpraz. The sinkhole city was to be ringed by walls and towers; none could besmirch the Razdissi capital. Mormaer Razkai was elsewhere with his newly-returned son Ambvard, speaking of past years.

My actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. [CURIOSITY] Colonise region 14B. Send a battalion (1000) of Razdissi troops to aid in the colonisation.
    2. [CURIOSITY] Research the applications of the mysterious book now named in Razdissi "The Tome Of Sulphur And Bird Waste".
    3. [MILITARY] Continue work on the walls of Kalpraz 2/5.
    4. [CURIOSITY] Wouldn't you like to know .
    5. [CURIOSITY] Attend the world fair, with both Razkais. Whilst there, gain rights to region 14B in exchange for granting Guilder the use of the resources there.

Family:
    Mormaer Razkai the Elder (75)
    Prince Razkai the Younger (48)-Grelod Earthsmite (Razkai the Younger is beginning to act more as a regent of the ageing Mormaer.)
    Elder Ambvard (42) (retired in Kalpraz)
    Prince Tuthin (40)-General Herig of the Embattled Tower Clan
    Vali, son of Razkai the Younger (15)
    Ali, son of Razkai the Younger(15)
    Uristine, daughter of Herig(10)
    Last edited by Silverbit; 2014-02-28 at 05:25 PM.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Raaneka, the Painted Lands
    ((Attribute increases last round: Military +1, Curiosity +1))
    ((Attribute increases this round: Curiosity +2))

Year 356
    Be it known that yearly games shall be conducted, in like manner to the Raaneki Games but smaller in scope. May each victor receive a special vintage from the royal stores.

Lady Aditi raised her hands and cheered. "May the godana be made all the more glorious by our magnificent figures!"

Year 357
    Hear ye! By unanimous decision, we, the charter members, do accept Grmanhil as a member of the Dawn League. This pact shall be sealed with ongoing trade of Raaneki Lumber for Grmanhil Honey.

"May we each grow in friendship," said a smiling Lord Devdan, "and may every vine bear fruit."

Year 358
    So that Raaneki wine might be made all the more radiant, may a portion of every vintage be made with the new honey from Grmanhil to the south. He or she who presents superior wine shall be given control of one of the royal vineyards.

Prince Ujval raised a toast. "The sun will shine on no land with finer vintage than our own!"

Year 359
    So that all of Telluris might know Raaneki pride, may construction begin on a great stadium, to house the Raaneki Games and all those who come to watch. May the finest builders heed the call of Lady and Lord in Bandar of Many Colors.

"A great harbor in Bandar," dreamed Lady Aditi, "a mighty stadium in Sarab, and racecourse to connect them!"

Spoiler: A letter from Lord and Lady to Princess Anguri Adite in the Jeweled Cities, year 359
    Show
    Our dearest daughter,

Word has reached us that our little grape is growing! Captain Bhala says your Vineyard Spear lessons are progressing, but that your true talent lies in the Heron Blade. Captain Grumby says that you have grown into a well-spoken girl, but of course we have seen the truth of this each summer when we visit. And I hear you have started playing something called Jielf? We are proud beyond words for you, dearest! Remember to practice your riding lessons. We have a special gift for you upon your return in three years.

Cousin Amber already knows our pride and support for her new position, but please tell her that we still grieve for the departure of Evelyn. It is such a sadness when sisters fight. Give her our solemn vow that Evelyn would be well treated if she were to arrive in Raaneka. Evelyn's passion would be the pride of any Islander, but may the fruit of our vineyards counsel patience and cool headedness should she arrive!

We have sent several crates of wine along with this message. Please share it with your Cousins. We have heard many young boys and girls have taken your fancy. Be sure to share your wine with these darlings as well.

We are so excited for summer's first harvest. A year apart from you is almost too much for these two hearts to bear.

Bursting with love,

Mommy and Daddy

Year 360
    So that the city of Sarab might be made more beautiful in readiness for Raaneka Stadium, may a great statue of gold be erected in the city plaza. The finest sculptors and jewelers are called by Lady and Lord to aid in this endeavor.

"They say its design is to be kept secret," said the tavernkeeper. "What wondrous form might it take?

Show
    1. Research Athletics Technology. (Curiosity)
    2. Admit Grmanhil to the Dawn League, ratified by ongoing trade of Raaneki lumber for Grmanhil Honey. (Curiosity)
    3. Experiment adding Grmanhil Honey to select vintages of Raaneki wine. (Curiosity)
    4. Great Project 1/5: Construct Raaneka Stadium. (Curiosity)
    5. Project 1/2: Construct Golden Statue. (Curiosity)
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-02-27 at 10:22 AM.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 6

Year 45, Jaten Era, Mid Winter [356]

A cool breeze ruffled Yuuhi's air as he strides through the Kauvan Border Town on the way to survey his future domain. A dark figure strides beside him, his magnificent Hanseiyoku glowing a dim red. Though the figure was shorter than Yuuhi by a full head, he managed to hold himself with such dignity that it seemed Yuuhi was the shorter of the two.

"I remember the time you first came to see us." Shadou Elysius grins with pride as he recalls the screams. It is not often that Overworlders are strong enough of mind to be able to resist the Aura. With the accidental discovery of the Tekorvanin, Yorukunin scholars have discovered that the Tekorvanin in particular are susceptible to the Aura. Almost as though it was supposed to be... Yes. Yuuhi will make a perfect High Prince. It is a shame he is an Overworlder but...

"Would you really speak of this again?" Yuuhi raises an eyebrow. Though Yuuhi himself was only sixteen, he appeared to conduct himself with a maturity far beyond his years. Perhaps it was Destiny or perhaps it was Shadou Elysius' own teaching. Nonetheless, it was certain that before him was the True Future High Prince of the Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary.

If all went to plan, the Kokuei brat would not have a chance in the upcoming Battle of Wits...

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    356 - Train 1 land unit 「17B」 「Military」

Miscellaneous - Akira Sakuranbo, sister to Akira Shirokino 「the one who handled the original treaty with Kasumor」 goes to Kasumor to discuss the reasoning behind the iron plate armour shipment delay. In the meantime, Sanctuary prepares its soldiers to quickly crush any rebellion in the land caused by Kokuei.

Year 46, Jaten Era, Late Autumn [357]

My Liege 「Regent Ambvard」,
    I have become aware of your attempts to influence goings on in Yorukuni more directly and assure you, you have no reason to fear us. Your armies outnumber us drastically and your people do as well. We have already made arrangements for a merging of the Royal Lines and ask that you look after yours while we look after ours.

I also wish to assure you that your son Yuuhi is alive and well. You know as well as I that unlike the majority of the Overworlders the Aura has no effect on him. As you have experienced yourself, the Aura is perfectly harmless and simply allows us to interact with others without them fleeing in terror. Nothing more. Nothing less.

It is extremely important for the harmony of Sanctuary as a whole he receive the education required to become the High Prince of the Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary.

Sincerely,
    Shadou Elysius
    Shadou Elysius of the Pure Blood, current Advisor to the Future High Prince or Princess of the Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary, previous High Prince of the Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary, Elder of the Family Elysius

Setting aside his quill, Shadou tries to relax. It would appear this Ambvard character is not as stupid as he originally thought. Indeed, word of the Destiny and the effects of the Aura on the Colonies of Tekorva have already reached his ears.

Yet... If Yuuhi and Shadou can keep Elder Ambvard quiet for just another two years, all will be well.

Show
    357 - Train 1 land unit 「17B」 「Military」

Miscellaneous - Due to instability in the Ruling Family, the first shipment of iron plate armour to Pryonia has been delayed in favour of training more Guardsmen.

((OOC - Sorry Arutha, but I really need this unit just in case. Yeah, I am feeling threatened. I will get the armour to you very soon as promised!))

Year 47, Jaten Era, Mid Summer [358]

"Welcome home, sister." Yuuhi seemed somehow... Colder than when she had left for the Blazing Temple. He had let his hair grow long in the Yorukunin style, a great white mass of straight hair growing to his shoulder blades. His red eyes gleamed bright and healthy, though they held little of the warmth and playfulness of his youth. Kokuei felt as though she were in the presence of one of the Kings of her travels.

"Thanks. Ehm... I will be sixteen soon." Though Kokuei had studied hard she was suddenly a little uncertain of her chances. It would seem the Yorukuninin had great influence with Yuuhi and that could never bode well. Kokuei strokes the stone in her pocket, a gift from the Blazing Avatar, a symbol of her courage and perhaps even something loosely linked to the Lady Fengar herself, the Lady of the Moon who began to visit her dreams first.

"Excellent. In that case, we shall go through the Labyrinth of Nykta soon to see whom is most fit to rule."

Kokuei paled, a slight tremor entering her voice, "That is not our way and you know it. That is for the Yorukuninin's Rites of Adulthood and you know most of us will have died of old age by the time we are old enough to undertake them."
    "While you were away, some important political decisions for the good of Sanctuary were made. Would you honestly believe the Yorukuninin will follow blindly a leader whom has not even truly entered Adulthood?" Yuuhi gestured toward a veritable stack of documents.

Kokuei's heart sank as she read through these. Where before she had a chance to become Elder, now her entire life had turned on its head.

Would she really have to go through the Labyrinth of Nykta? The very thought disturbed her.

Show
    358 - Train 1 land unit 「17B」 「Military」

((OOC Miscellaneous note - Yuuhi is an albino, not a weird mutation.))
    Miscellaneous - Yuuhi and Thorn Princess Kynvessa Varinel have wed.

Year 1, Yuuhi Era, Mid Winter [359]

Her dark iron face glares disapprovingly alongside her father's at the new crown atop the High Prince's head. Something seemed... off about the whole thing yet there was no doubt in the public eye that High Prince Yuuhi was the more intelligent by both Tekorvan and Yorukunin standards. It had taken too much effort to persuade the Aristocracy to change their minds and during that time Yuuhi was barely seen.

Nonetheless, the People would not tolerate any of Kokuei's protests and thus the High Prince begins his reign for good or evil and Kokuei prepares to travel to Kasumor to join her betrothed.

"Yorukuninin and Tekorvanin alike! Denizens of Sanctuary! Now begins a new Era, as written within the Sacred Scrolls of Destiny. For I, as High Prince of Sanctuary have gazed upon their Arcane Scripts and Illustrations and have gleaned the Knowledge required to lead us through the coming years." Yuuhi spreads his arms wide, the midnight black mantle and cloak making it appear as though he possessed his own wings of the Aukii Bats. The clothing he wore bore little to no resemblance to the traditional garb of Tekorva and none of it the white of Royalty. His dark coat cut in the Yorukunin style reached the ground as a Tekorvan robe would, yet that was where the similarities ended. His coat was worn open to reveal a shirt adorned with silvered buttons and silvered chains bearing six pointed stars attached to various pockets. The collar was high and stood trimmed in silver. The things the Yorukunin called 'trousers' were similarly covered in various chains. A leather belt with silver Yorukunin script prevented it from falling down. Even his shoes were the heavy black leather of Yorukuni, though they were likely made with the leather of a Wooly Elephant rather than one of the strange animals which lurked within the caves.

A subtle way to ensure all knows who is truly the betters of Sanctuary, brother. Oh how I wish it were not so...

Show
    357 - Train 1 land unit 「17」 「Military」

Miscellaneous - Shortly after the coronation, Ambvard the Unbroken leaves Tekorva quietly. It is rumoured that he has left for his old home, Razdis.

Year 2, Yuuhi Era, Early Autumn [360]

"Kynvessa my Love has fallen pregnant upon return from our honeymoon." the High Prince spares a rare smile for his advisor, who grins in return. A nearby Aristocrat of Yorukuni happily gestures with her rare, deep purple-red Hanseiyoku as the room erupts into a rare celebration among the Pure Blooded.

It was good to know Sanctuary will not be without an heir for long as long as Kynvessa falls pregnant once more.

Yuuhi leans back and scans briefly through recent reports of interbreeding between the Yorukuninin and Tekorvanin. Though the Tekorvanin had made him feel an outcast, unnatural and unloved he had truly found his place with the Yorukuninin. It was as though his heart and soul were Yorukunin though his body were Tekorvan. His eyes stopped dead on one sentence in particular in the hypothesis. Barely able to prevent a mix of shock and happiness reaching his face, the High Prince quietly excuses himself.

It would seem that some of the offspring of the Aristocracies have produced not babies whom exhibit the traits of both parents but those closer to the Purest Blooded Yorukuninin. In particular, those whom claim to be related to the Elders of Tekorva appear to be more likely of the few whom are parents to these most curious phenomenon.

I ask that the Cult of Engineering be allowed to dissect samples of these children and the Pure Blooded.

Miscellaneous - Toward the end of the year, Kynvessa gives birth to a daughter. According to the terms of the marriage, Kynvessa's daughter is of the family of Varinel only and as such will travel to Heartwaste when she is old enough. Though it breaks Yuuhi's heart, he allows Kynvessa to name his daughter a name befitting of a possible future Thorn Queen.

((IMPORTANT! - Due to Elder Jaten's death, Elder Ambvard is currently regent of Sanctuary))

((Important fluff note - Yorukuni and Tekorva has been in contact for ten years, bear in mind. So most of what is happening may seem a bit sudden but it has had a long time to come to pass.))

Pending stat increases - 「Military」 - +2 「Wordiness」 - +1
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-01 at 08:16 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Year 356 Holding in this year the chieftain welcomes a baby girl to the world Urgo. Him his wife son and daughter an six Guards go to the world fair.( 1 point Diplomacy)

Year 357 let it be known we are not alone in this world we are but one race in a world of unknown size but in that world our nation has frinds. My people we have joined the Dawn League. We have also made trade with Raaneki for there lumber.Also trade Lyradis honey for wheat.( Deplomacy 1 point)

Year 358 build one unit of light infantry captin Hobgon Bobgon will lead them.(1point Military)

Year 359 send a small party of Explorers to the region west of Grmenhil. (1 point
    Curiosity)
    Year 360
    Study the elephants brought back from Qarimos.(1 point Curiosity)

Fluff to be added
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2014-02-26 at 03:57 PM.

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

The Jeweled Cities Round 6 (356-360) actions:

stat bonus from round 5 [+1 military, +1 curiosity, +1 luck]

#1[Curiosity] : Continue Great Project for Naval Academy (round 4 of 4)
    #2 [military]: Build 1 unit of naval ships & crew (1000 man equivalent)
    #3[Curiosity] Secret action 3/3
    #4[Diplomacy] Begin colonization (1/2) of area 26. Carry 1 trade unit of kelp-olive oil as trade good / goodwill.
    #5[military] Build military port next to Ryazen Bay in Crima.

Amber Grant, daughter of Jonas Grumby, assumes her role as Leader of the Jeweled Cities on January 1 357. Jonas will be stepping down to assume a full time role as Dean of the Naval Academy.

Round 6 Rumors out of the Jeweled Cities:
    Sailors tell tales that either Amber or Evelyn (or both) were intimiate with Prince Tikta during the Central Sea Conference. Such rumors are ridiculous, of course, as he is devoted to his wife and the girls are not foolish enough to anger a royal from Bordaux, are they?.

A woman matching Evelyn’s description was spotted in Celero, claiming that those being persecuted for their beleifs might find refuge in the Jeweled Cities.

Jonas is stepping aside because the Lord of Fire sent him a letter commanding it.

A woman matching Evelyn’s description was spotted in Kasumor, spreading the idea that the Tangarotha archipelago would make an excellent place for an underwater/shoreline kingdom

Jonas has hidden himself away in a laboratory in the Naval Academy with 4 Shamans, one for each element, for reasons unknown.

Sources close to Amber Grant say the new leader of the Jeweled Cities hates all reptiles, particularly ‘smart’ ones.

Spoiler: ”A letter from Anguri Adite to the King of Raaneka, regarding Amber and Evelyn, year 357”
    Show

Dear Mom and Dad,
    I miss you both. These Islands are neat and the weather is nice. They drink lots of beer, but I think it is yucky. I miss our wines. The nice men who come to check on us bring bottles for me. Please send more. The food is really good! I like their sea bugs and wriggly things with rice. The fruit is good too.

It has been fun with Amber and Evelyn. They take me sailing all across the place. They call it an arkepellago. I got to see a volcano erupting! They gave me a pair of beautiful ground parrots for my birthday. They talk! Well, mostly they say bad words at each other. It is funny. A and E tease the soldiers to make me laugh too. They are silly, mostly.

I have been keeping a journal. Mom asked me to. But I had to write to tell you about a bad thing.

A and E got into a bad fight. Their dad told A that she would be the boss now. They had a party. E was sad and A teased her. They both started being mean. They punched each other and were wrestling. Everyone at the party thought it was a joke. They laughed. A and E stumbled into the street. I went out too. Amber had her knives. E had her stick. They fought and said lots of bad things. Amber hurt her sister with her knife. It was a bad cut. Amber saw me and took me away. Evelyn was just lying there.

The soldiers told me Evelyn was OK. She ran away on a ship to the cont-e-nent. I asked Amber what happened. She smiled at me and told me that running a kingdom is easy, living with family is hard. I don’t understand. It must be a big-people thing. Mommy told me to smile and stay quiet when there are big people things going on. So I did.

Mom and Dad, you see Evelyn, tell her I miss her. Amber does too, I think. I miss you all.
    With Love,
    Anguri

Spoiler: “Colonization of Area 26”
    Show

Jonas stood in the corner, watching his daughter issue orders to the captains of the first wave. This colonization was his idea and had his backing, but the details had been left to her. She was quite meticulous in her planning.

She was pointing to a map. “The first 5 ships will leave immediately. Fly the 4-stars and a diplomatic runner. Map the coast, make contact with any settlements if there are any. The Salterri map was very vague about this area, If they claim it, back off. We don’t know how powerful they are, but their ships are more than a match for ours” There were some grumbling about a gross tonnage comparison and quality of crews, but she ignored them. “As far as they need to know we are exploring and looking for fishing grounds. I’ve provided you each a copy of the map they left at the Conference.”

She turned to the larger group of captains. ”The rest of you have 3 months to get on station.” She pointed to an area off the coast of ALydaxis. “The lizardfolk don’t have the ships to threaten us, and we are trading iron with them anyway. Maintain a blockade to anyone but coasters from Bordaux. They will be our new neighbors. Keep everyone else out. Claim sea monster attacks if you need to. Recruit from our best ship to ship militias if you need extra crew. The first group should be back in six months from now with proper maps and intelligence. You four, “ she pointed to some younger captains, “are my messengers. I will not lose contact with the main fleet.”

A man in the back raised his hand, “What if they want to fight?”

Amber smiled evilly, “Accidents happen. Storms come up. Coasters are lost at sea all the time. I’m sure your records will report your heroic, but unsuccessful, attempts to save them.”

Spoiler: ”The base at Ryazen Bay”
    Show

“’Tis impressive what da Crima can do, when money’s on da line.” Captain Pauline said to no one in particular as she walked amongst the bustle.

Her companion, the man selected by the Khan personally to lead their ship-building efforts, bristled. “We take pride in all that we do. Money is merely a means to properly secure supplies.”

“Our money” She replied. “we protect yer coasts, and have ta pay to build a place to fix up our ships”

“Your King negotiated this with our High Chieftan.”

“Jonas.” She blew a raspberry. “King, ya right. You continentals believe in all this nobility garbage. Jonas was as noble as my left tit.” She gave the appendage a juggle for emphasis.

Her companion was just glad the weather had changed enough to prompt her to wear a shirt, for a change. He avoided the jab. “His drawings for the base were excellent, even our stonewrights agree.” He waved the large roll of papers.

Pauline stopped and snatched them from the man’s hands. She compared them to the fortification in front of them. "This ‘ere is da prefesser’s work, or my name aint Pauly Feathers” She exclaimed. “I’ve know that old fart since he and Jonas made it back from their first that three hour….” She was interrupted by a native Islander popping out of the water. He waved her over. They conversed rapidly in their native tongue, hands flying. The man made a quick thanks to their High Chieftan for forcing the savages to learn a proper tongue. Their gobblygook was incomprehensible.

“I have to go look at something, be right back” Pauline yelled as she waded into the water and disappeared.

A minute passed. Then two. Then five. The man amused himself studying the tall, double-walled half-circle of fortifications around the dock. It suited their express purpose of keeping a seperation between the two cultures. The man thought about their ‘allies’ and decided that was a good idea.. They might look close to human, but they were different. They were bred for the sea. Their extra eyelid, their deep lungs, their webbing in their hands and feet- they were not proper people, in his opinion. It was close to ten minutes when she emerged again. Shaking off the water like a dog, she picked up right where they left off, talking of fortifications.
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-02-27 at 02:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

GUILDER IS IN A FLURRY OF ACTIVITY!

Last Round's increases were +1 Mil, +1 Cur. This round will be +1 Mil, +1 Dip.

1. [Curiosity] Guilder colonizes 50. This is a strong colonization force of nearly 3,000, and they are guarded by the crews of their ships. The goal for the area is to discover as many marketable and unique resources as possible, create a port, and begin trade, stat. [1/2]
    2. [Military] Guilder establishes a strong port at the discovered island, which it names Fiassa's Fastness in honor of the crazed sailor. It is the jumping-off point for future southern exploration, which it intends to do with great speed. The Fastness is highly fortified, but is designed to be able to repair, stock, and even build ships to cross the oceans.
    3. [Diplomacy] Attending the Grand Fair. This leads to the following agreements:
    -Razdis/Guilder. Razdis may move into the area beneath Guilder (14b), but in exchange, Guilder gets one stack of every resource found there.
    -Kasumor/Guilder. Hovercraft tech for inventors.
    -Gunung/Guilder. Trade deal, Adamantine for inventors.
    -Possible [Curiosity] Actions under this, in subset.
    4. [Military] Moving 6,000 troops into the Heartwastes to absorb it into Guilder.
    5. [Diplomacy] I create a policy which encourages people who go to the colonies. This is specifically a special grant of money and tax breaks to Princes who send over shiploads of legal colonists. For the colonists, they get land in the colonies, so long as they join the organizations, families, and people of new Guilderene lands.

Non action: Inside the Grand Coalition alliance, I let my ambassador work out a trade agreement with Gunung: Inventors for Adamantine.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-02-28 at 11:50 AM.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Actions, fluff to come when I get out of school. Hopefully.

Spoiler
    Show

1. Raise 1,000 Heavy Infantry! RAT SWARMS KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE! [Military]
    2. Begin collecting the mysterious eggs for trial and error experiments, kept heavily guarded. Starting with the induction of the Old Sympol and his findings in the research group. [Curiosity]
    3. Continue Great Project; Medical Academy for the use of Combat Drugs [2/5][Curiosity]
    4. Begin exploring near Region 50 [Curiosity]
    5. Gather Scholars across the land with promises of great reward to find the meaning behind the cryptic message sent to the Duke [Curiosity]
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2014-02-28 at 11:38 AM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

26. - Top - End - #146

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Colonize region 26. [CURIOSITY][1/2]
    2. Colonize region 40.[CURIOSITY][2/2]
    3. Raise 1000 troops. [MILITARY]
    4.Secret.
    5. Investigate the Avatars message. [FAITH]
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-03-01 at 09:11 PM.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Kha Keep Court, City of Cree]

"High Chieftain, I don't know how much you've heard about the goings-on in Celero, but there has been some trouble with Lord of Fire extremists. They're trying to pin it on us."

The words rang out clearly through the main hall, for all the guards and every courtier to hear.

"I'm getting too old for this.", came the reply, disgruntled by this turn of events and somewhat concerned at what might come of it.

"I've no doubt that this is an attempt to worsen relations, but who could benefit? Woodwind, perhaps. They came to the conference poised to fight a war, after all, and it might be an act of spite to start a war with us instead. The fact that they were so quick to jump on us for it is a strong indicator that they might be involved.

It could also have been Pryonia or Calorum: They have the zealotry to spare, and an excuse to move fire-worshipping troops into Celero would benefit them. Perhaps it was even the Salterri, trying to start a war to weaken all of us. Keep an eye out, but take no immediate action. It is far too early to risk jumping to conclusions now."

And with that decree, conversation on the subject was over. The Khalif had spoken, and that was that.

The mood lightened in the court soon after that, especially with the revelation that after a decade, the Winged Horse Husbandry program had borne some fruit! Sure, one wing wasn't about to take a horse anywhere even if it worked, and it wasn't much good for showroom purposes either, but it meant that the wings might breed true after all!

There was plenty of other news, to be sure, but that fine horse was the talk of the day.

Oh, and the schools were finally complete, after 25 long years in the making! Crima had become a place where any man, woman, or child could find a place to learn. Perhaps not as fine or as comprehensive an education as the Ashenite University of Severikand, of course, but an education nonetheless. Umajin let himself have a smile at that one. Sometimes it's good to see crazy plans pan out, even after such a long time.

Oh, and he'd sired another daughter. But that was an afterthought, really.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

1) [GREAT PROJECT 5/5] Build Crima a Public Schooling system! (Curiosity)
    2) Build up another Unit of Ships! (Military)
    3) Build up a unit of Cavalry! For Great Justice! (Military)
    4) Build up a unit of Cavalry! Again! (Military)
    5) Send Investigators to Celero, to find the Truth (Curiosity) [Result = 8]
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-02-27 at 09:42 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Monastic College at Asnaoga, Fall 359
    "Over the last few years I have spent a great deal of time deep in meditation. Through the osuro I have seen more of this world than I think I would have believed existed before the revelation. Those of you gathered here have spent a great deal of time preparing your minds for this. Today you all come with me to the other side. There you will meet the spirit Mwalimu who looks over Asnaoga. Now, focus your minds and join hands."

Show
    • Continue Radurjic Codex 4/5 [Curiosity/Faith]
    • Convert Celero (rolled 16)
    • Convert Hrathan-Tuor (rolled 12)
    • Convert Guilder (rolled 14)
    • Mosi establishes a ritual of group meditation and travel into the spirit world for prepared Seekers. Those who complete the meditation are called Witnesses. [Faith]

Conversion rolls
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-03-02 at 12:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Prior round stat increases
    Show
    +1 Curiosity, +1 Military
    Show

356 [Diplomacy] Conduct the investigation of terrorist suspects to determine their origin and sponsor. DIPLOMACY ROLL RESULT: 6
    357 [Curiosity] Complete Construction of the Great Project (Great Library 5/5)
    358 [Diplomacy] Host the first World's Fair in the Celero capital of Lancaster
    359 [Curiosity] Resume Construction on the Hanging gardens of Basia (2/5)
    360 [Diplomacy] Attempt to establish positive trade with the Kuro Imperium (region 39)
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-02-25 at 02:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Year 356
    [Faith][5]
    Secret action.
    Year 357
    [Faith][5]
    We will send missionaries to Alydaxis, to teach locals about the Sky.
    Year 358
    [Faith][5]
    We will start religious discussions with shamans in our land, who do not worship the Sky. We would like to end this heresy.
    Year 359
    [Faith][5]
    We will send missionaries to Nyroth. As fate of previous expedition is unknown, we will try again convert local lizardfolk (in case, they don´t already worship the Sky) or rest of population of Nyroth. (If lizardfolk are already converted.)
    Year 360
    [Curiosity][3]
    Works on capital city continue. Foundation stone of royal palace was laid!
    (2/5)

(Convertion rolls:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=48)
    Last edited by Shnur; 2014-02-27 at 10:58 AM.