New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Storm [IC] [3.5e]

"What can you tell me of their fortress my Lord? Perhaps they could be lured out with a rumor or a decoy and we could strike their fortress and prepare a trap for them on their return."

My player profile.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Pascade runs his fingers along the table as he describes the keep to you, motioning for size, shape, location.

The keep is located off of the north eastern shore, not too far from here. The keep itself was built in the ocean and peers onto the land. It's rumored that a once great wizard lived there, however now, only the druid and his henchmen thrive there.

Its accessible through a pathway in the underdark, and only there, We've tried to reach it by sea, but there are no entrances seaport, and the tide itself will crash you into the keep.

The keep is massive enough to hold its own against the crashing waves and any lost ships that are unfortunate enough to crash into it.

He runs his hand through his hair, almost frustrated.

The home-territory bonus alone will aid the Druid greatly, and not to mention the pathway to the keep is treated as his own territory as well. Most of the underdark fears him greatly, and wants nothing less than to upset him...
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, if'n we can't walk in, swim in, or dig in, mayhaps we can be flyin' in?"
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

4. - Top - End - #64

AssassinGuy

"Indeed. Do you believe flying in at night would be enough or might we need some additional form of cover?"

My player profile.

5. - Top - End - #65

I... know not... I know of a man who could has such a machine, but.. he's an odd one for starters, and secondly.. Do you not fear the storm interfering with such travel? Or the druids none the less? Surely they could find ways to mess up this plan unless they did not know of your presence..

The king grabs at his hair, and releases his grip, glancing back at the rest of you.

My apologies... This is a problem that we have yet to find a solution for, It grows more frustrating as the seconds pass.
    Show
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Colossus in the Playground

I've never seen a Druid known for their divination though. Marigold replied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #67

Mm... I only express my concerns. You guys are the experts, I trust you know what you are doing.

He still looks a little uncertain, but that may be a little bit of worry at the general problem.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68

ClericGuy

"Perhaps we should sleep on it, and gather again in the morning?"

Spoiler: Knowledge
    Show
    (1d20+9)[21] Knowledge (History) For similar (read: as close as I can get) situations and how they were solved.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm still one for meeting my potential future bride. After that, we could get some rest."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

I've experience walking in the dark paths of the Underdark. If we were approach anyway, that seems the best to me. Kerik glances at Bollam, it couldn't hurt to meet the princess. princess.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

Previous avatars by terry576 and Derjuin

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #71

I suppose that could be arranged, though we'd have to go to Castle Karrson to do that.

He stands up from his seat, nodding to Krimret.

If you'd like to meet the princess, please follow me, If you'd like to go to your rooms to retire, Lord Pascade can take you there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Below is a list of Two Options, Whichever path you'd like to take, please pick. I do this for the increased speed of a PbP.

Spoiler: The Princess
    Show
    Krimret leads you down to the stable located outside of the castle, Gives each of you the reigns to a horse, and climbs aboard.
    Dont worry, theyre very trained. They respond to commands, so you hardly have to guide them.

The journey takes but only a half hour on the horses. Despite the weather, they are agile, and very fast, weaving through the roads of the city. The city seems almost barren, with only a few hooded figures running from building to building, doing their best to stay out of the rain. Before where they rejoiced, they now only loathe. On the plus side, the city is extremely clean, all dirt washed away by the ever pouring sky.

As you approach Castle Karrson, It looks almost identical to Castle Pascade, Tall, powerful, streams of crimson fabric run along the bottoms of windows, soaked and stuck to the walls. The water flows off the tops of it, creating almost a veil of water.

You arrive at the stable, Krimret takes the horses and ties them up to the stable and opens the doors, The walls are covered in paintings. Mostly of him and a young woman, one of.. what seems like a large battlefield, with slain individuals across the field, and the king himself standing on the chest of a fallen enemy. Almost an entrance of memories.

Slowly down the stairs comes a very well dressed male figure, a very short figure. A gnome.

Oy Krimret! What'tzit you be doin' here? Where's MiLord Karrson?

Still back at the castle, We're here to see the princess. These are the fine heroes that will be saving the day, and I thought it well to give a reason to be fighting, Make sense?

The small man pouts a little, almost frazzled.

Otch... I just wish'n yah told me first. I could've had the tea prepped yes'n I could. No bother, Come come lads! She's quite acht'ully been wantin' ta meet her brave heroes. I'm Dellan by the by.

He almost skips in place a bit. An odd fellow, almost a bit like Pascade himself, but.. clearly more insane.

He hops up the stairs quickly, guiding you as Krimret follows from behind, yelling an occasional Otch, This WAY! and a Oi! Come Come! Hurry now!

Krimret keeps his distance from the gnome, Ignoring his hurried attitude, Its apparent Krimret doesnt much care for the gnome.

Dellan finally stops at a floor and runs across the hallway, This one covered in gold artifacts, crimson carpeting, trophies, statues, Beautiful, Wonderful things.

He comes to a sliding halt outside of one of the doors, knocks twice and puts his ear on the door.

Mi'Lady! Are ya decent? I've got a buncha fine heroes here who be lookin' ta meet ya.

The door swings open inwards, Dellan falling to his face on the ground in front of him.

A long black haired maiden stands in the doorway, wearing a long, black dress with crimson trim, Standing at roughly 5 and a quarter feet, her hair to her lower back, and eyes of jade.

Oh, Hello Krimret, ....Dellan.

She almost scowls at the gnome on the floor, and peeks her eyes around the corner of the door, noticing the "Heroes".

..are these really them Krimret? Could these be the heroes? They're finally here??

Her words, Exasperated, and Excited.

Spoiler: A Good Knight's Sleep
    Show
    Pascade slowly swings open the door, blabbering nonsense about how proud of his castle he is.

And this fine piece I got from the Duke himself! Wait, I'm the Duke, Hahaha.

Time passes on as his insanity becomes more and more apparent. While his works mean well, He just comes off as a very odd man, But had you not seen the darker side of him, You could understand why he and Karrson are a loved pair. He leads you up multiple flights of stairs, across a long hallway, and up an extra flight, Probably just for good measure.

As he enters the hall, he gestures at the doors throughout the hall.

Each of these is a bedroom, Please make yourself most at home. There is also a bell in each room that'll alert Krimret instantly, and he'll come to your aid. I'd recommend travelling the castle alone for fear that you would get lost, but if your heart desires it, then please, My home is yours.

Oh! You can have any room minus this one.

He gestures at the third door on the left.

That.. Is currently occupied, by the knight himself that returned from the druids castle. You're welcome to try to get some sense out of him, but I cannot promise you you'll get much. He's seen a lot..

If you need me however, my room is the one down the hall, the big double doors, You cant possibly miss it.

He gives a warm smile, and continues off to his room.

Rest well young heroes, A feast tomorrow for breakfast, and the beginning of a grand adventure!
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72

ClericGuy

Lance will follow Krimret to the princess, and will bow to the princess (after picking his jaw up off the ground ).

13. - Top - End - #73

Marigold will also go to the princess, and courtesy upon meeting her.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

14. - Top - End - #74

AssassinGuy

Duran also accompanies the group going to see the princess, and gives her a respectful bow upon meeting her.

My player profile.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Kerik bids Pascade good night and then knocks on the door of the returned knight, waiting politely for an answer.
    Last edited by Torgarn; 2014-01-25 at 04:57 PM.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #76
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGirl

Post Re: The Storm [IC] [3.5e]

Not one to leave a princess alone with gawking men(excluding Marigold of course), Layla accompanies them. She greeted the princess with a slight curtsy and pressed the stave of the guisarme across her chest as a sign of respect.
    Last edited by Lux_Vitayl; 2014-01-26 at 10:08 PM.
    Click here to view my growing DeviantArt page.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Fat Bollam Meets His (Soon-To-Be) Bride

As she steps forth from her room, Bollam looks over Princess Gwen from head to toe. When she speaks, a grins crosses his lips. She'll do nicely enough. If nothing else, she looks like she could hold her own in a drinking match or friendly game of insulting your buddy's mother. Why, she even looks like she might know which end of the sword to stick in the other guy. Hint: It's the pointy end. Yes, this tall princess would look just fine, perfectly complimenting his girth.

As for the gnome... well, he'd met, and tavern hopped with, worse.

"Good evening, princess. I'm Bollam, Lord of the Azure Axe, Hero of MeadHearth, Defender of the Brew, but me friends just call me "Fat". from what they be tellin' me, you be in need of a hero, a right proper champion."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

18. - Top - End - #78

Spoiler: Kerik
    Show
    You wait several moments, hearing mild shifting sounds inside the room. You hear footsteps approach the door, a quiet thump, some heavy breathing through the door, and the door slowly cracks open, a mans face can be seen partially through the crack. Eyes wide, pupils fully dilated, the door quivers a bit with his hand on the handle, clearly holding it firmly.

...a...y..yes? W..Who are you...? What are you d..doing here? ...Please tell me you a friend of the Lord Pascade.. P..please!

The man's voice quivers hard, his skin is pale, his voice rings soft through your ears, but it is easy to tell... this man is absolutely stricken with... fear... if that word alone could describe it.

Show

The princess smiles at the politeness of her guests, as Dellan stands she pushes him aside and eyes each of you carefully, and courtesies.

She then proceeds to point to each of you, minus Bollam, and with each point, whispers but a single word each.
    In the order of... Duran, Layla, Marigold, and Lance.

..East... South-East... ...South..West? ...South..

Her attention finally turns to the dwarf, and smiles.

and most surprisingly... West.
    It is quite the pleasure and honor Lord Bollam, A very impressive title indeed. It has taken me off guard that a man of the west is here, I thought your people decided it was in their best interest to stow away and leave this to the rest of us? However it is quite the truth that we are in need of a Champion, Heroes if you will, to take a stand for their kingdom, and save us all.

She then holds her hand out to Bollam, palm down, limp.

Be you my hero? Oh lord Bollam.

She giggles softly, and looks over to the rest of you, hand unmoved.

Please forgive me if I had gotten your home regions wrong Heroes... While I am young, I strive my best to learn my people, and do my best to recognize ones home. Thank you for coming... But... Where is the Hero of the Center region? Did they not come?..

Her eyes turn to the Dwarf.

Perhaps the rumor of the West is true, Perhaps you are a forgotten dwarf, from the Center region... Am I mistaken?
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 2014-01-27 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Holy... Too bright-a-color
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

I'm from the South. Marigold replied abit annoyed.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed I am. I am here to try to find a solution to our flooding problem.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #81

Show
    Her face turns bright red, she felt so confident that she understood so much about each region.

..Oh my. I am terribly sorry Miss.. It did not appear that you were from the south... though.. My knowledge on the south is quite limited as of late, being a place of great danger right now...

The princess looks down, a bit disappointed that she made the mistake.

Spoiler: The Knight
    Show
    The man cracks the door a bit more, and pokes his head out, checking to see if there are any others, and moves his vision back to you.

..I... See... Please... C...Come in... But c..could you leave your weapon outside the room p..please? Or stow it in y..your respective r..room? I'd f..feel much more comfortable with t..that.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Kerik unbuckles the thong attaching his morningstar to his belt and leans it up against the wall. He turns back to the man, his hand spread to show he has no other weapons. Does that suffice?
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #83

Show
    y..yes Thank you... please come in...

He swings the door open. He's wearing a simple white blouse, leather pants, and a black robe.

He shakily pulls out a chair and sets it down for you, sitting on the corner of his bed.

M..My name is Leo... Leo Osenwold... and yours is...?
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 2014-01-27 at 01:08 AM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

My name is Kerik Sygon. As I said before I am here about the flooding problem. So many people are being hurt by this and I'm afraid if nothing is done, we may all be consumed by the growing floodwaters.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #85

Marigold waves her hand.

I suppose it doesn't matter anyway. I was pretty much kicked out anyway.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Fat Bollam Meets His (Soon-To-Be) Bride

Bollam reaches out to take the proffered hand. Instead of kneeling or kissing her knuckles as she is likely expecting, he turns her hand sideways and shakes it as he would a good friend while giving her a conspiratorial wink.

"Aye, indeed I be from the distant West. I cannae say for sure what me brethren be thinking, but for you, sweet princess, I woulda trekked a good bit further. Nary you worry your pretty little head none though, we'll be takin a care for this storm and be dryin out this here land."

Seeing her embarrassment at her mistake, Bollam adds one last thing before releasing her hand.

"And don't worry none 'bout not placing erryone arights. Erryplace what there is out there be soaked through anyway, so, for how I figure it, erryplace be the same any which way. Ya ken?"
    Last edited by Rizban; 2014-01-27 at 04:20 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

27. - Top - End - #87

Show
    ..Indeed p..people are.. but there's nothing we can do..

His voice becomes low and serious, reducing the shakiness of his voice.

What i..is it you need from me though..?

Show
    The Princess is a bit taken back by the handshake, but grins and grips Bollam's hand as firmly as she can.

Well Thank you Lord Bollam, My mind rests easier knowing that.

She turns her attention to Marigold, a glum but confused look on her face.

Kicked out? But why? Why would any place kick out someone as brave as yourself? Your sacrifice is most honorable...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88

Blah. Blah. Blah. Allying with the fey is wrong. Blah, blah, blah. Marigold replies waving her hand dismissively.

29. - Top - End - #89

ClericGuy

Lance stands there a bit awkwardly, chuckling a bit at Fat's antics, and Marigold's comments about the fey.

30. - Top - End - #90

Show
    The princesses expression becomes more serious, and almost smirks.

A lifestyle choice such as that is still no reason to kick someone out of their home, it is not the choices they make, but the kind of person they are that should be judged.

If you would like... I could try to get you back into your homeland, if that would be of any interest to you..

Her smirk turns into a concerned expression, but still a grin, a confusing blend of facial expressions.
    Show