New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: [IC] Crestfallin' - The Land of Magical Adventure!

With Reaven taking the time to refresh his mind for the last part of this fight, the rotting corpse attempts to slam him with his..."appendage", since I'm not completely sure if those are hands or just loose flesh hanging off it's arm.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+2)[8] if hit then (1d6+1)[4] damage.

Not an AoO, I just fluffed it to get the zombies attack in as I transition to the next round.

Everyone, except the Zombie, is up again.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Syviraux steps forward and concentrates on the shambling corpse that threatens Reaven, blasting at it with her firey breath.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5' step forward to E2, 30' line fire breath weapon at the zombie in G4: (1d6)[2] fire damage (Ref save DC 16 for half)

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Focusing on the remaining zombie, he once more looks for a weakness before striking.

Show
    So Sapphire Nightmare Blade again, so First a Concentration check (1d20+7)[10] the dc is the targets Ac, if I make the check then the target is flat-footed, if I fail I take a -2 to hit, then (1d20+2)[10] to hit.

Critical confirm roll just in case, (1d20+2)[8]

if the check is unsuccessful and I hit, then (1d6+1)[3] damage, If it succeeds then add (1d6+1)[3] this roll to damage, double if critical.
    There is a thin line between genius and madness, and I'm currently using it as a jumprope.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

The dwarf has never been so happy to hear a dwarven warcry.

The magical armor does its work, shrugging off the zombies attack again. Tightening his grip on his axe, he brings his brings it overhead for a chop against the zombie.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Attack on Zombie G1: (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[5]

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #335

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Dwarven magician raises his axe above his head, and brings it down, slicing the walking dead clean in two! Meanwhile Reaven's delicate - yet deliberate - sword strikes manage to dance all around the zombie, but unable to find their mark specifically on the zombie. Syviraux lets out a gout of flame to that same zombie's direction. Finally Cassie moves into position in an attempt at crushing the cretin with her Flail and all of her might!

Show
    Zombie (1d20-1)[9] vs DC 15 Reflex
    Cassie uses Power Attack (1d20+5)[22] if hit, then (1d10+11)[17] damage

6. - Top - End - #336

GreataxeFighterGuy

Alas, the last Zombie has drawn it's final breath (do they even breathe), you find yourselves safe, the Dwarf safe, and not a creature was stirring - well except for maybe the vermin and bats that inhabit this seemingly abandoned but not-so-abandoned Mine. So what's next for our motley band of adventurer's?

Cassie, Reaven, Syviraux, & Badgerbeard each gain 350 exp pts.

7. - Top - End - #337

The Dwarf sighs heavily, as he leans back on the wall the zombies have been pinning him against. "Lally ho, friends," he greets as he looks around at his unlikely group of saviors. "And great thanks to you all. I almost suffered a terrible fate. Would have been very embarrassing." He smiles and kneels down, wiping the blade of his axe on the bottom of his pant leg before placing it on his belt. "I'll have to clean it properly when I get the chance. Aheh," he chuckles at his observation, "ahehehe-AHEM! Mm. Sorry, seems surviving has made me a touch giddy. Aheh-AHEM! Sorry, not very respectable at all is it?"

"As the new party, I suppose I'm to introduce myself first?" he asks. "I go by Badgerbeard. Wizard by trade." Why he's called that seems fairly obvious. His black beard has two long streaks of white starting under his lip. "At your service."

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

A short reptilian-looking, but clearly feminine, individual steps forward and bows. Well-worn leather armour covers her mottled golden scales, and a small unloaded crossbow rests in her talons. "Syviraux, servant of Bahamut the Platinum Lord and seeker of the draconic mysteries, at your service," she says, straightening from her bowing. What at first glance appears to be an odd, goldish-coloured leather cloak draped over shoulders revels itself to be a pair of small dragon wings.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Badgerbeard." Syviraux glances over to the fallen zombie corpses. "If it's not too impertinent of me, might I ask how you came to be here, being attacked by these... creatures?" She kneels down to examine one of the bodies - but not too closely.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The young man of slightly above average height speaks up, "I'm Reaven Umtracus journeyman swordsage, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." he is dressed in dark grey and black armor with a cloak over that, and is currently holding a shortsword in his hand.
    There is a thin line between genius and madness, and I'm currently using it as a jumprope.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Cassie will step up and pound her chest plate. "I am Cassie of the Frozen Peak! Nice to meet another dwarf out here."

Valérie Jeanne - Plays in "Noble Trouble" Corre+ Game
    Cassie Morella - Plays in "Crestfallin" Corre+ Game

11. - Top - End - #341

"You're a varied bunch and no mistake," Badgerbeard says, looking across the group, especially impressed by Syviraux's draconic appearance. "Pleasure to meet you all. I'm probably here for the same reason you are. Trying to get whoever's alive out. Without going into too much embarrassing detail, the zombies were the first creatures I couldn't sneak past. Wound up with my back against the wall and them horribly close. Not a place I care to be."

"If you're going down, would you do me the kindness of letting me continue with you? I'd greatly appreciate it. I hate leaving things half done."

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #342

GreataxeFighterGuy

Right around the time everyone has packed up and begins to move out the door, none other than your compatriot Rowan Arc comes striding through Mines hallways. Fashionably late, I suppose, but perhaps better late than never? For the four of you that just dispatched the creatures, you've managed to scavenge ~150 gold coins (total) scattered around the bodies. How you split that is up to you.

Spoiler: Rowan
    Show
    Upon entering the room you see the gnarled remains of Undead and Kobold bodies on the floor, and a message strewn across the right-side wall in blood. It reads "The iMPACT! of Freton killed eighteen ghouls here".

Show
    I'm just trying to help move things along here as I'm not sure what you all plan to do next.

Bringing up the map from the previous page (pre-fight) below.

Show
    Door 2 is currently open, where you guys are at. Rowan has just walked in to catch up to you.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-08-01 at 02:08 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343

PaladinGuy

It was with a good deal of relief that Rowan rejoined with his companions. His watch may have lasted only for a few minutes, but it sure seemed like an eternity.

"Well, it seems no one followed us after... oh. You've been busy back there."

The destroyed undead at his feet was a sure sign of the struggle that just took place, and the young knight had to fight the shame of not having been there to begin with while his new companions needed it. That's when he noted the newcomer among them.

"Oh! Are you one of the mi... ack, what am I saying, you're not one of the miners, are you? Anyway, if you need our help... we are giving him our help right?"

The last sentence was directed toward the others, with a bit of uncertainty. Great, not one minute in, and already looking like a fool. Smooth going.

"Eer... Anyway! Rowan Arc. Pleased to meet you."
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "If you're going down, would you do me the kindness of letting me continue with you? I'd greatly appreciate it. I hate leaving things half done."
    "I, for one, would be happy to have you come with us Badgerbeard," Syviraux replies. "Given the situation here, I think the more skilled people we have along, the sooner we can get these miners out of danger."

She acknowledges Rowan Arc's return with a polite nod, before addressing the group. "So, shall we press on deeper into the mine? Or shall we first check that first door in case more creatures like these are behind us?"

15. - Top - End - #345
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"We should check the first door, we don't want to get caught in-between two groups if there is something in there." He says exiting the door, giving a brief nod at the paladin's return.

16. - Top - End - #346

"I go by Badgerbeard, sir. Help was needed and received, so now I'm returning the favor." He says with a polite nod.

"If you're worried what's behind the door, there's always the easy way." The dwarf simply walks to the door, kneels in front of it, and cups his ear with his hand against the door and covers the other with his other hand.

Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show
    (1d20+2)[3] to listen for anything behind the door.

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #347

PaladinGuy

"Do you hear something?"

The disappointed face of their new companion told him enough, and Rowan had to hold back a sigh. They could not afford to stand behind a door for the rest of the day.

"Well then. I suppose I shall try the direct approach. Please, cover me."

How dangerous could it be, really? If any dangerous creature was behind that door, surely it would have came out during the fight? It probably led to a closet, or something, and definitely not to a blood-sucking monster, a devil from the nine hells or the nest of the chromatic dragon... He hoped.

Right, Rowan. It's just a door. A door is fine, you've seen plenty already. The most it can do is being pushed in your face, which hurts, sure, but that's okay. So... oh, let's finish this, for Heironeous' sake.

Gripping his sword's hilt, he pushed the door open...
    Last edited by Macros; 2014-08-07 at 06:53 PM.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

18. - Top - End - #348

GreataxeFighterGuy

Rowan pushes the door open, almost as if on cue a single arrow comes barreling towards him. A quick glance before the Arrow takes flight spots you a small chest in the corner.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic CR 1 Arrow Trap(1d20+10)[14] if hit then (1d6)[3] damage.

19. - Top - End - #349

PaladinGuy

The ping of metal hitting metal echoed through the hall, as Rowan watched blankly the dart who just impacted his armor, his mind blank. He then turned toward the others with a sheepish grin (because it really was a better expression than someone who almost went into cardiac arrest).

"Eeeer... It's open?"

Somehow, he managed to make that sentence sound like a question.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Walking into the second room Reaven pats on Rowan on the back on his way in, "Good job."

Once he enters the room he begins to search it for anything useful, keeping his blade drawn as he does so.

Show
    (1d20+7)[16] to search the room.

21. - Top - End - #351

GreataxeFighterGuy

The dart came from a slit in the wall. It would seem, that the dart itself was a one-shot. The room itself is small, however, standing only ten feet wide by ten feet deep. There's a message in Draconic sprawled across the walls here.

Spoiler: Reaven
    Show
    In the corner you find a small chest.

Spoiler: Draconic Speakers
    Show
    If you can speak Draconic, it says "The walls listen".
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-08-10 at 09:18 AM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Syviraux frowns at the message. "'The walls listen'?" she translates for the benefit of the others. "What an odd thing to write..."

Concentrating, she weaves her hands in series of arcane gestures and scans the room from floor to ceiling, hoping to detect any magical auras that might be present.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ignoring the writing on the wall he moves over to the chest and looks at it, but not touching it.

"...Say, does anyone here know how to pick locks?" He calls out to the group, trying to draw their attention to the chest.

Show
    So I'll give the chest a once over without touching it.

(1d20+7)[20]

24. - Top - End - #354

"Typically it means someone is paranoid about being listened to. The miners stumbled upon a native tribe living down here. Perhaps the tribe has some means of spying,"​ Badgerbeard suggests as he files into the room. "Either that or the mine is alive and the walls can actually hear us. Not actually impossible, mind, just improbable." He does not sound remotely sarcastic.

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #355

PaladinGuy

"Why would they warn us about it, though? Maybe it was one of the miners who scribed this, but where is he now? I don't see any body, and if he was reanimated as a zombie, surely the trap would have already been sprung?"

Rowan, still a bit rattled by his close call with the pointy end of a dart, wondered aloud. He briefly entertained the idea of an animated wall actually listening to them, before rejecting the idea as pretty ludicrous.

"And as for the lock... Well. I'm afraid I won't be of much use on that one."
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

26. - Top - End - #356

GreataxeFighterGuy

Show
    Hah, y'all had a busy night late last night. Good, I'm glad to see it. :)

Spoiler: Syviraux
    Show
    I'm gonna fast forward a bit on the number of rounds spent concentrating since it's out-of-combat and you have that ability at-will. You're picking up a moderate magic aura from the chest.

Spoiler: Reaven
    Show
    The chest appears as you'd expect. It's well-crafted and made of solid oak with a beautiful mahogany finish. It has just one padlock on the front of it to keep it's lid secure and gold-coloured hinges where it would open upwards. Nothing about it really seems "out of the ordinary".
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2014-08-12 at 01:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

"I guess we'll find out in time, or not." Syviraux responds. She nods towards the chest. "There's something magical within that chest. Sorry, I have no skill with locks; we may just have to force it if we wish to find out what is inside. That, or find a key that will open it."

The dragonlady ponders for a moment, then starts examining the walls, tapping gently with the hilt of a dagger and listening to the sound.

Show
    Perception check, looking for hidden, concealed, or secret doors, or anything similarly suspicious in the room.

(1d20+8)[18]

28. - Top - End - #358

GreataxeFighterGuy

You find nothing "suspicious" in the room. Just a simple, cramped, 10x10 room.

29. - Top - End - #359

PaladinGuy

Rowan scratched his head.

"Well, I might try to bash it open, but if the thing inside it is fragile, or trapped, that won't do much good."

The last thing he needed now was an exploding chest to the face. That would certainly be the highlight of an already memorable day.

"I'd rather use this option as a last resort."
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Well if none of us can open it we should probably just forget about it and move on... I mean unless one of has some clue on how to open it?" Reaven suggests, then asks, looking at his companions wanting to hear if they have an idea on what to do.

"...Or, I guess if they are willing to take a crowbar to it... I'm pretty sure we have a few health potions left." He adds in suggestion.

"Did you find anything strange with the room Syviraux?" He asks, wanting to know if her tapping on the walls alerted her to anything.