New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: [IC] Crestfallin' - The Land of Magical Adventure!

Admitedly, Rowan did not have much experience in adventuring, but if this day was any indication, "best case scenarios" rarely happened. Still, he couldn't argue with the reasoning. Time was not their ally, here. He nodded to the swordsman.

"It sounds like a plan. Should I take te front, er..."

The young knight hesitated a bit.

"I don't think I caught your name?"
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

2. - Top - End - #122
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Either way is good for me, i was born in themountains so climbing and clambering up anf over things isnt abnormal for me."

Valérie Jeanne - Plays in "Noble Trouble" Corre+ Game
    Cassie Morella - Plays in "Crestfallin" Corre+ Game

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

When Rowan asks for his name Revan remembers that he hasn't yet introduced himself to the new additions to the group, and so in an attempt to rectify this mistake and deciding it would benefit him more if he at least acted cordial... as out of character as it is for him, "Oh, sorry where are my manners, my name Reaven, Reaven Umtracus and I'm a SwordSage." he says in a polite tone.

And seeing Skye cuddle up to Rowan a bit more he figures he can have a little fun, "Oh and Skye, would you be so kind as to wait until after we save the miners to find a bed mate. Thank you." the cloaked swordsman asks, some amusement finding its way into his normally even and cold voice.
    Last edited by Enyalius; 2014-03-04 at 10:20 PM.
    There is a thin line between genius and madness, and I'm currently using it as a jumprope.

4. - Top - End - #124

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: DMRolls
    Show
    (1d100)[8] (high for wilderness encounter)
    (1d100)[9] (low for wilderness encounter)
    (1d100)[56] (high for wilderness encounter)
    (1d100)[71] (low for wilderness encounter)

5. - Top - End - #125

PaladinGuy

Rowan's complexion had taken a bright shade of red, and it certainly had nothing to do with the weather.

"That's... You do me far too much honor. I can only hope to live up to your expectations."

Having a beautiful woman at his arm certainly was not something he was used to, and while he couldn't exactly say it was an unpleasant feeling - quite the opposite, in fact, provided a treacherous part of his brain - so far, embarassment was definitely the dominant feeling here.

"Oh, and a pleasure to meet you, Reaven."

His attempt at acting casual about the whole situation was passable at best, but it provided a nice diversion. He was not quite sure what a swordsage was, but based on the blade at his belt, he could make an educated guess.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

6. - Top - End - #126

NecromancerGuy

"My lady," the necromancer bows to the simpering woman, "the sooner you stop worrying about how things seem and start paying attention to how they actually are, the less likely we'll all be to die in a hole."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Syviraux slows her pace until she falls to the back of the group. Suddenly she stops, opens her mouth, and lets forth a gout of searing flame some thirty feet long over the tops of her companion's heads.

"Now that I have your attention," she calmly states, as everyone turns to look at her. "I strongly suggest that you all either get any differences out of your system here and now; or put them aside until people's lives, possibly including our own, aren't depending on us all getting along." As she speaks, Syviraux's "cloak" flares up and open, revealing a pair of shimmering golden-leather dragon wings. "If we're going to work together, we need to start trusting each other. So, sort it or stow it!"

Having said her piece, she resumes walking along the trail.

8. - Top - End - #128

GreataxeFighterGuy

You've hiked about an hour or so by now, the Crestfallin' sun beating down on the back of your necks. The trail is rough, you find yourselves struggling through thick underbrush, remarking at the sparse vegetation that is mostly weeds - it's almost like someone forgot about this area during spring cleaning. In the distance about fifty foot or so out, you can gather something of an encampment of sorts, but it's hard to make anything further out of it.

Each player should make a DC 12 Spot check to decipher...whatever the heck that is up above.

9. - Top - End - #129

PaladinGuy

The first hour of travel went without trouble, apparently helping the general tension to cool off... for now. One thing was certain, travelling with this group wouldn't be boring, and despite some of them having quite a temper, they seemed like good people... mostly.

Unusual noises, coming from up front, ended the monotony of their walk. Gesturing for everyone to stop, Rowan started to look ahead...

Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show
    (1d20+3)[13]
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

10. - Top - End - #130

NecromancerGuy

I wonder if she's going to hang off of him the entire hike?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception - (1d20-1)[5]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The walk was rather nice for the first hour giving Reaven a chance to relax and reflect upon today's happenings, but then again all good things must come to an end.

Reaven, having remained aware of his surroundings stops when signaled to, taking the opportunity to peer forward from his spot on the right side of the formation to get a better look a what's causing the delay.

Spoiler: Spot
    Show
    (1d20+6)[17]
    Last edited by Enyalius; 2014-03-05 at 07:49 PM.
    There is a thin line between genius and madness, and I'm currently using it as a jumprope.

12. - Top - End - #132

PirateCaptain

Cassie seems right at home hiking over such a terrain, as if she was born doing it.
    Spoiler: perception
    Show
    (1d20+1)[15]

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Curious as to what has made the others pause, Syviraux peers ahead...

Spoiler: Perception check
    Show
    (1d20+7)[19]

14. - Top - End - #134

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: The 5 Of You Who Succeeded On Your Perception Checks
    Show
    In the distance, you can see a sort of clearing. There's a wagon being loaded up by some small Goblinoid creatures (four of them by your count) with two other, albeit bigger Goblinoid creatures that appear to be acting as an overseer of whatever it is they're loading. Some scattered crates can be seen in the area as well - you suspect these are what the Goblinoids are loading.

Spoiler: If You Can Speak Goblin
    Show
    The two Overseers are ordering the smaller Goblins to hurry up and load the wagon faster.

15. - Top - End - #135

NecromancerGuy

Is it communal relief time?

"What is going on?"

16. - Top - End - #136

NecromancerGuy

The necromancer peers through the scrub brush with futility. "Oh, yes, of course...

"Make ready then, all of you. If they have not seen us yet, we have the advantage, and sneaking around is a fools errand."
    Last edited by broodax; 2014-03-08 at 09:38 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Taking off his backpack and turning to Tenhelrim, Reaven asks,"If you'd be so kind as to place this on your mule, I'd be quite grateful, I fight better not weighed down you see.

18. - Top - End - #138

NecromancerGuy

I was right about this one. Knows what's what.

Without a word, Tenhelrim takes hold of the pack and begins maneuvering his neat buckles and straps to hold it fast.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

"Whatever we're planning to do, we'd better do it quickly." Syviraux states. "They're making to leave, and the two larger goblins are ordering the smaller ones to hurry up. I'd rather avoid bloodshed if we can, but if they are up to no good they must be brought to justice."

She stows her spear and loads a bolt into her crossbow, just in case things go poorly.

20. - Top - End - #140

NecromancerGuy

The man chuckles quietly, leaning on the mule. "If you need me to lead you, you're even worse off than I thought. I've said already, my specialty is logistics, not battle plans. There is no my way, there is just the way that makes sense. And what makes sense is to take what chance we have here to disable the things before they do the same to us.

"And it sure doesn't hurt if we can profit on the way."

21. - Top - End - #141

PaladinGuy

Rowan let out an audible sight, before speaking up. Somehow, that simple task was more frightening than the prospect of a battle.

"I believe this is not the time nor the place for such an argument."

He hesitated a bit, before continuing.

"I don't know what goblins are doing here. They could even have a good reason, for all I know, even if from what Syviraux said, it doesn't look likely. The easiest solution would actually probably be to simply wait for them to leave."

He took a deep breath, knowing he was about to do something really, really stupid.

"Or we could do that."

Before anyone could move to stop him, he stepped forward, right into the clearing, hands near his still sheated weapon.

"Please, state your purpose in those lands. Depending on your answer, you might have to face justice for your deeds."

There was one pregnant pause. During which he suddenly realized he had no idea if they could understand him. Which would be plain embarassing.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

22. - Top - End - #142

NecromancerGuy

Tenhelrim turns from the mule finally. "Fixed my problem, you brainless trollop?!" He struggles to keep his voice a whisper, though his expression would be more fitting were he shouting.

"Yes, what a problem it would have been to have my name cleared and my attempted murderers rotting in a cell. What a burden to have my freedom. I am so grateful that your wretched nattering has gifted me with a corrupt overlord, and that you have so graciously taught me bloody forgiveness by letting the buggers go free!

"And now, you seem to have forgotten how to understand cursed common, which is hilarious because you can't seem to stop the flow of it out of that gaping hole in your face. I said what I meant, I will not hold your hand through this.

"Reaven, give the word and we shall attack...

"Or that is another option..."

As the knight steps out, Tenhelrim takes a knee behind as much cover as he can find.
    Last edited by broodax; 2014-03-09 at 06:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143

PirateCaptain

Cassie will step out with Rowan wit hher flail drawn and say in Goblin "What aare you doing here and why are you in such a hurry to leave?" She will quickly say to Rowan "Don't worry freind I've got you back."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Watching Skye and Tenhelrim, argue like a couple of spoiled children has gotten on Reaven's last nerve, turning to them scowling, glare in full force, fury evident in his voice, but still careful to keep quiet he says, "Alright, I've Had it With you two!! I don't know why you two seem to be at each other's throats nor why you like to antagonize one another, but it will stop now!! I will not let you two's bickering put the mission or the people on it in unneeded risk. now once this mess with the goblins is finished we will wait right here how ever long it take's for you to, to either put aside your problems and make up, or shut up and just deal with it until the jobs over." breathing in and out in a steady manner to calm himself, his posture and face go back to their normal neutral appearance.

Seeing Rowan do something stupid he draws his sword in preparation for a fight, he can't help but think, 'I have a feeling he's going to do that a lot in the future.' Sighing he walks out following Cassie, muttering a single phrase that just seemed to pop into his head, "Allons-y"

Spoiler: My attempt to put the parties squabbles to rest.
    Show
    (1d20+3)[13] intimidate on Skye and Tenhelrim to make them at least not continue to antagonize each other further.

25. - Top - End - #145

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Goblins, startled by Rowan's booming voice, look dumbfounded as they scramble to load the crates in the wagon. One of the overseers sees the panick and looks over to see what is the commotion.

"Company! We can't let them get the cargo! Hurry up and let's move out!"

The Goblins begin to frantically pick up the pace in an effort to get out of here.

The Goblins are preoccupied with their task. What will you do as a group? (This is your "Surprise Round").

The brown represents the wagon. The green represents trees and other large shrubbery. You can't move through it, and stepping behind it grants +4 cover to AC, but is also harder to aim through providing the same -4 to your Attack. The four red circles are Goblins, the two black circles are the Overseers. It's all rugged terrain so you can move half your speed as a move action, or full speed as a full-round action. You can't charge or run.

Everyone is up, then roll Initiative for r1.

Spoiler: DMRolls
    Show
    (4d20+1)[19][8][13][11](52)
    (2d20+1)[17][14](32)

26. - Top - End - #146

NecromancerGuy

These fools... well, they stood up for me, didn't they? Maybe there's something to this after all.

Sheepishly, Tenhelrim calls from behind the bushes, "I am with you too, Rowan."

He picks up a bit of dirt, spits in it, then flings it on the ground with a curse, "Spygilus Olepa!" A wave of negative energy spreads out from the necromancer toward the goblinoids.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Cast Bane, will save DC 15 or get -1 to attack for all enemies within 50' (I think this is all of them) for 1 minute.

Initiative - (1d20+2)[12]

27. - Top - End - #147

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Will Save vs Bane
    Show
    Will to resist bane spell.
    (6d20-1)[17][16][4][16][11][6](69)

28. - Top - End - #148

PaladinGuy

Apparently, it wasn't the time for words, now. Taking another step forward, Rowan drew his sword, before slashing at the nearest opponent.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Moving in E5, attacking opponent in D5

Attack roll : (1d20+6)[23]
    Critical roll (if relevant) : (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage roll : (2d6+4)[8]

Initiative : (1d20)[5]
    Fluctuat nec mergitur

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

'Oh, now this is going to be fun.' Reaven thinks, barely concealed bloodlust gleaming in his eyes, quickly taking a stance runs forward to the closest target, as he runs it is as if he is becoming one with the shadows themselves, as they begin to crawl up him and shroud his form, making it hard to see where the shadows end and he begins.

Reaching the goblin, the swordsage's weapon changes, now looking like the shortsword was made from solid darkness. He strikes at the goblin overseer.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    (1d20+4)[10] Initiative
    I swift action into child of shadow stance, and move to D-4 then use clinging shadow strike on the overseer in D-5.
    (1d20+2)[9] to hit.
    I don't have a place I can link to so you're going to have to look up the stance and maneuver if you don't know them, sorry, ToB page 76 for both.

30. - Top - End - #150

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Reaven
    Show
    So if I'm reading this correctly, Concealment doesn't work versus foes with darkvision? And low-light vision foes can see fine though a certain distance? Just making sure since these are Goblinoids.

Ignoring Concealment

"Concealment isn’t always effective. A shadowy area or darkness doesn’t provide any concealment against an opponent with darkvision. Characters with low-light vision can see clearly for a greater distance with the same light source than other characters."

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Concealment

What square are you moving to exactly? Rowan is on E5. I'd assume D4 but I don't know if you want to be at the forefront there.

Three of the Goblins look uneasy, as if they don't seem as confident as they once were. Rowan's blade strikes true, finding it's mark as it crashes down onto the Overseer in front of him. The creature looks shaken, but he doesn't quite drop. Reaven moves up, a trail of shadowy energy swirling around him, clouding other's line of sight of him as he moves. He strikes out at the Overseer, but his blade misses wildly. The other Overseer lets out a bellow in Goblin-tongue, but it sounds inaudible to those who can't speak it.

Spoiler: Goblin Speakers
    Show
    If you can speak Goblin, you'd recognize his words as "Protect the cargo! We're under attack! Send reinforcements!"

Syviraux and Cassie have surprise round actions, then we move to r1.